PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Rebound

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

zelig
07-18-2018, 07:06 AM
When is the link live I wonder? What’s the consensus on binding choice? I picked and my wife too... of course both different:( lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to clarify, there will not be a link. IT owners will get an email.

MikeDuke
07-18-2018, 07:15 AM
My mistake, I thought there would be a link. Sorry for the wrong info that I validated.

firemonkey66
07-18-2018, 07:37 AM
Hey Paul, I placed my order and received a confirmation e-mail about my Partial.ly payment plan, but haven't received a confirmation e-mail from Dragon Rebound with an order number. I just want to make sure that my order went through?

webstar1000
07-18-2018, 07:52 AM
I have not gotten it yet...

Tommy
07-18-2018, 07:59 AM
I haven't received an email yet either.

stroppygoblin
07-18-2018, 08:00 AM
Frantically presses refresh on Mail client.... :panic:

EDIT: I DID get the earlier email though Paul - Thanks for that! :thumbsup:

EDIT2: Order placed and confirmed! Woohoo! :clap: :clap: :clap:

MikeDuke
07-18-2018, 08:12 AM
That's great. If you don't mind sharing, which binding did you choose Simon?

zelig
07-18-2018, 08:12 AM
Hey Paul, I placed my order and received a confirmation e-mail about my Partial.ly payment plan, but haven't received a confirmation e-mail from Dragon Rebound with an order number. I just want to make sure that my order went through?

For those who placed an order, did you get the order confirmation email? Or is no one getting it?

stroppygoblin
07-18-2018, 08:13 AM

For those who placed an order, did you get the order confirmation email? Or is no one getting it?

I got it

zelig
I want to clarify that the private pre-order emails that have gone out this morning are to the IT owners only. Wait list people will begin to receive emails tomorrow morning on or before 9am.

zelig

I got it

Okay good. Anthony, maybe check spam.

stroppygoblin

White. I was on the fence all night, but what swung it for me was that the original 1st edition had black birds on White, so for no other reason I went for that.

webstar1000
07-18-2018, 08:14 AM
White binding for me. Stands out far more I think. The pic in the traycase sold me... nice break up of color!!

stroppygoblin
07-18-2018, 08:15 AM

I got it

If it makes any difference I DIDN'T use Partial.ly

MikeDuke
07-18-2018, 08:16 AM

White. I was on the fence all night, but what swung it for me was that the original 1st edition had black birds on White, so for no other reason I went for that.
Got you. I really don't think you can wrong with either one. Congrats again.

ICry4Oy
07-18-2018, 08:17 AM

Confirmation received!

I'm not Simon, but chose white for no particular reason. They're both gorgeous!

Tommy
07-18-2018, 08:19 AM
Used Partial. ly, got a confirmation through them but nothing from DRE, is there supposed to be?

zelig
07-18-2018, 08:21 AM
All IT owner emails have been sent, so if anyone didn't get it let me know.

ICry4Oy
Used Partial. ly, got a confirmation through them but nothing from DRE, is there supposed to be?

Maybe it's different with partially, my confirmation for full pay was from DRE.

Br!an
I'm leaning toward the black. :orely:

ICry4Oy
07-18-2018, 08:24 AM
I'm leaning toward the black. :orely:

I went back & forth all night and morning trying to decide. I'll probably wish I'd got the black later then be glad I got the white but wanted the black but the white was so PRETTY! :panic:

MikeDuke
07-18-2018, 08:25 AM
They both look really nice. But I see what you mean by the book being in the traycase. It does look good. The White does break it up so when the case is open, there is a clear separation from the case. TBH, at this point, I would take
either.

Tommy
07-18-2018, 08:26 AM
White.

firemonkey66
07-18-2018, 08:30 AM

I got it

Nothing in the spam folder. Has anybody else besides Stroppy and ICryforOy gotten one?

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-18-2018, 08:36 AM

I got it

Nothing in the spam folder. Has anybody else besides Stroppy and ICryforOy gotten one?

I also got the partial.ly confirmation but not one from DR

webstar1000
07-18-2018, 08:53 AM

I got it

Yep, paid in full and chose white!!

zelig
07-18-2018, 09:00 AM
Okay, maybe if you pay with the installment plan, the store doesn't send a confirmation. I'll ask them about that. Regardless, you are both fine as your orders are in.

webstar1000
07-18-2018, 09:01 AM
Anyone else get the texted confirmation to your cell? Pretty cool!

firemonkey66
07-18-2018, 09:04 AM
Okay, maybe if you pay with the installment plan, the store doesn't send a confirmation. I'll ask them about that. Regardless, you are both fine as your orders are in.

Cool, thanks, Paul

Br!an
07-18-2018, 09:45 AM
firewireblog.com/the-latest-dragon-rebound-book-the-dark-half-by-stephen-king/ (https://firewireblog.com/2018/07/17/introducing-the-latest-dragon-rebound-book-the-dark-half-by-stephen-king/)

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-18-2018, 09:46 AM
Cool, thanks Paul:excited: :thumbsup:

cit74
07-18-2018, 09:52 AM
Just placed my order (white) and started another installment plan to Paul - when do I just start my direct deposit from my paychecks??

becca69
07-18-2018, 09:55 AM
White
Even though :ninja: should be in Black

cit74
07-18-2018, 09:59 AM
Paul - will you divulge the breakdown of white vs black binding orders after the 24 hour pre-order is complete??

MikeDuke
07-18-2018, 10:00 AM
firewireblog.com/the-latest-dragon-rebound-book-the-dark-half-by-stephen-king/ (https://firewireblog.com/2018/07/17/introducing-the-latest-dragon-rebound-book-the-dark-half-by-stephen-king/)
That's a great write up.

webstar1000
07-18-2018, 10:02 AM
Paul - will you divulge the breakdown of white vs black binding orders after the 24 hour pre-order is complete??

I took it 26/26

zelig
07-18-2018, 10:05 AM

Yes, will do. White is by far the more popular color choice on this one.

zelig
07-18-2018, 10:08 AM
Just placed my order (white) and started another installment plan to Paul - when do I just start my direct deposit from my paychecks??

Good idea. I'll send you the forms.

Br!an
07-18-2018, 10:08 AM
There will be 26 of each color.

It looks like white is more popular. So the A-Z will be mostly white and the AA-ZZ will be mostly black.

I really like the black book, but I like the white in the traycase better. I still can't decide.

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-18-2018, 10:09 AM
There will be 26 of each color.

It looks like white is more popular. So the A-Z will be mostly white and the AA-ZZ will be mostly black.

I really like the black book, but I like the white in the traycase better. I still can't decide.

Those were my thoughts as well...i ended up "meeny miney moeing" it:emot-roflolmao:

Father Cody
07-18-2018, 10:11 AM
Also as far as novel popularity...DR could do a Koontz book..and it would still sell out in 15 sec..although my soul would probably rip into pieces haha

Your soul would forgive you. :lol:

Of course I wish nothing but success for Paul and DRE but I’d be lying if I said there’s not a part of me hoping enough people pass for me to get lucky. I guess I’m hoping it sells out in 15 minutes instead of 15 seconds. [emoji4]

St. Troy
07-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Why have one when you can have two at twice the price? :biggrin: (...said the man who bought zero).

If anyone likes the idea of alternating black/white books, do check out: https://amaranthinebooks.com/ (I have no affiliation; I just love these books (which I also don't have)).

Hunchback Jack
07-18-2018, 12:19 PM
Congrats to everyone who made their choice and completed their order.

I don't know if I'm close enough to the top of the wait list to have the opportunity, but if so, I'd gladly take whatever color is left. :D

MikeDuke
07-18-2018, 12:42 PM
Like I said before, me too Jack. But I have little hope I am high enough. If not, I look at as an oh well at least I had a shot.

herbertwest
07-18-2018, 03:54 PM
That's a really neat design.
Now, the question that i wonder is simply if there is really a demand for that title. Yes it's a cool design, it's going to be a nice art piece, but THE DARK HALF is far from a favorite novel.

But then, it will probably sell out for the art part as well as speculative side of it

You are kidding right? The market for Suntup books (DR and SP) is insane right now. This will sell out instantly (and still leave 200 plus people crying because they couldn't get it)

re-read my message?

Br!an
07-18-2018, 04:21 PM
Now, the question that i wonder is simply if there is really a demand for that title. Yes it's a cool design, it's going to be a nice art piece, but THE DARK HALF is far from a favorite novel.

But then, it will probably sell out for the art part as well as speculative side of it

You are kidding right? The market for Suntup books (DR and SP) is insane right now. This will sell out instantly (and still leave 200 plus people crying because they couldn't get it)

re-read my message?

Did you mean far from your favorite novel?

I liked The Dark Half. So did a few other people.

Add the Suntup treatment to a good story and a good April fools' joke and you sell out.

This title has been technically pre-sold out for months. The original customers and a 250 person waiting list means Paul's guaranteed to sell out.

cit74
07-18-2018, 04:25 PM

I took it 26/26

I meant how many choose white vs black in first round of 26 - those who actually have a choice of color; after that the wait list might not get their first choice - if its no longer available.

webstar1000
07-18-2018, 04:26 PM

I took it 26/26

I meant how many choose white vs black in first round of 26 - those who actually have a choice of color; after that the wait list might not get their first choice - if its no longer available.

Ahhhhh sorry got ya

Br!an
07-18-2018, 04:34 PM
I haven't seen anyone pick black yet. I'm leaning toward white now.

What I'd actually like is the White leather bound book with the black traycase.

Paul??? :innocent:

Father Cody
07-18-2018, 04:35 PM
This will sell out instantly (and still leave 200 plus people crying because they couldn't get it)

Hey! I resemble that remark!

zelig
07-18-2018, 04:49 PM

Been about 80% white. I'm wondering how many of you who ordered white did so because of how it looked in the case. Switching them actually works, but not sure I want to change it now because people have ordered based on the images.

webstar1000
07-18-2018, 05:00 PM

Been about 80% white. I'm wondering how many of you who ordered white did so because of how it looked in the case. Switching them actually works, but not sure I want to change it now because people have ordered based on the images.

I did

sentinel
07-18-2018, 05:04 PM

I took black, not sure why? Just seemed like it fit the story! :cyclops:

Br!an
07-18-2018, 06:18 PM

The problem I have with the white traycase is the way it will look from the open ends. I think the stone would look best with the black.

firemonkey66
07-18-2018, 08:03 PM
The problem I have with the white traycase is the way it will look from the open ends. I think the stone would look best with the black.

I think the white showing from the top and bottom might actually be a nice contrast to the slate, kind of like the Collector traycase for Salem's Lot, which I'm partial to.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah123/tony8379/DF04EB3E-0A88-40C2-BEDB-D2BA2651D3CD_zpsc8ohlztk.jpeg

Stockerlone
07-18-2018, 11:58 PM
Dark Half, on of my fav. storys....
Unfortunately i have no kidney or other unimportant organs that I could sell for the Dark Half book. :drool:
It would look great next to my Dark Half promo birdcage.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT3364.JPG

herbertwest
07-19-2018, 12:21 AM

re-read my message?

Did you mean far from your favorite novel?

I liked The Dark Half. So did a few other people.

Add the Suntup treatment to a good story and a good April fools' joke and you sell out.

This title has been technically pre-sold out for months. The original customers and a 250 person waiting list means Paul's guaranteed to sell out.

There is a difference between liking and being a favorite.
Let's look at the top rated books by the Goodreads community : https://www.goodreads.com/author/list/3389.Stephen_King

"The Dark Half" is not even in the top 30 by popularity.

I am confident that the book will sell out, as i've said, mostly because of the impressive design and piece of art, but I disagree with the statement that it's presold out for months, or the 250 person waiting list means that it's guaranteed to sell out from the very beginning.

Dragon Rebound may have a waiting list, but that's not related for ANY Stephen King. At ANY price. The previous titles were quite symbolic. This book, not so much. But then the price is also not as high as with It.

stroppygoblin
07-19-2018, 12:29 AM
but I disagree with the statement that it's presold out for months, or the 250 person waiting list means that it's guaranteed to sell out from the very beginning

I respect your opinion, but I absolutely think you are wrong. All emails have gone out to prospective buyers. If this book was not sold out within hours, if not minutes of receiving those emails, I will eat my “I love Suntup Books” car sticker!

webstar1000
07-19-2018, 01:37 AM
but I disagree with the statement that it's presold out for months, or the 250 person waiting list means that it's guaranteed to sell out from the very beginning

I respect your opinion, but I absolutely think you are wrong. All emails have gone out to prospective buyers. If this book was not sold out within hours, if not minutes of receiving those emails, I will eat my “I love Suntup Books” car sticker!

I as well agree with Simon on this. This book was sold out the second it was announced. On my Facebook book group they are all but crying for a chance to buy it. How you can think it is not a guaranteed sell out amazes me. I just don’t get the thinking given the fact that every book Paul has done for either DRE or Suntup.... has totally sold out.

herbertwest
07-19-2018, 04:06 AM
I dont think that you got my point. As i said, I know that it will sell out if it's not already the case.
It's not because you have a prospective list, that it will necessariy sell out within minutes. It would be obviously if the item is interesting, the price is right. Which seem to be the case here.

But tomorrow Paul decide to sell the awesomest rebound, in 52 copies for 20K each, it doesnt necessarily mean that it would sell within minutes.
It may. Or it may not.

Anyway, do we know if it's sold out yet?

stroppygoblin
07-19-2018, 04:39 AM
I dont think that you got my point. As i said, I know that it will sell out if it's not already the case.
It's not because you have a prospective list, that it will necessariy sell out within minutes. It would be obviously if the item is interesting, the price is right. Which seem to be the case here.

But tomorrow Paul decide to sell the awesomest rebound, in 52 copies for 20K each, it doesnt necessarily mean that it would sell within minutes.
It may. Or it may not.

Anyway, do we know if it's sold out yet?

Sorry Jèremy, but you are changing the bounds of the original question that I responded to. You asked:

"Now, the question that i wonder is simply if there is really a demand for that title. Yes it's a cool design, it's going to be a nice art piece, but THE DARK HALF is far from a favorite novel."

and then:
"Dragon Rebound may have a waiting list, but that's not related for ANY Stephen King. At ANY price. The previous titles were quite symbolic. This book, not so much. But then the price is also not as high as with It."

so we were specifically taking about the Dragon Rebound "The Dark Half" and the list of people eligible to buy it. If you want to change that to be "Does the fact that Suntup has a list of previous buyers and a further list of potential buyers mean that ANY publication at ANY PRICE will automatically sell out" then that's a completely different statement, to which the answer is of course NO. If the next DR is wrapped in Yeti Fur, is inlaid with Unicorn horn and Dodo Beak fragments and printed on paper that can only be made by 150 year old Tibetan Monks that have never seen the light of day thus demanding a price of 1.5 Million US Dollars PER book, then I'm going to say it probably wont immediately sell out.

Although I'm damned if I wont find someway to buy it... :evil:

MikeDuke
07-19-2018, 05:57 AM
Not that expect to get one (though I would if I could), does the fact that Paul upped the amount to 52 mean that it's just for this book, or for all DR going forward. Just was curious.

St. Troy
07-19-2018, 06:14 AM
I always had the impression that each rebound edition was very much its own "project" and not part of a series, as contrasted with something like Cemetery Dance's Doubleday Years set, where it would be mighty odd indeed if they moved limitation numbers around, but the DR website's general "about" page does say:

The rebound books are limited to 26 copies of each title...
...which implies 26 is at least the rule of thumb, if not carved in stone.

Having said all that...I'm not Paul.

MikeDuke
07-19-2018, 07:58 AM
Good luck to everyone who is looking to get in on the second 26 ed of this book.

zelig
07-19-2018, 08:30 AM
If the next DR is wrapped in Yeti Fur, is inlaid with Unicorn horn and Dodo Beak fragments and printed on paper that can only be made by 150 year old Tibetan Monks that have never seen the light of day thus demanding a price of 1.5 Million US Dollars PER book, then I'm going to say it probably wont immediately sell out.

Stop giving me ideas.

zelig
07-19-2018, 08:31 AM
I always had the impression that each rebound edition was very much its own "project" and not part of a series, as contrasted with something like Cemetery Dance's Doubleday Years set, where it would be mighty odd indeed if they moved limitation numbers around, but the DR website's general "about" page does say:

The rebound books are limited to 26 copies of each title...
...which implies 26 is at least the rule of thumb, if not carved in stone.

Having said all that...I'm not Paul.

Thanks for pointing that out. I need to update that page.

zelig
07-19-2018, 08:32 AM
I was up until around 2:30am so slept in a little later than usual. I still have to send out the email to the wait list folks, but I thought I would report that 100% of the IT owners pre-ordered The Dark Half.

ICry4Oy
07-19-2018, 08:34 AM

I would love white in black traycase. Honestly I didn't notice the white on the traycase because I was just too excited. I prefer not having white that is exposed because in my experience, it does not age well.

MikeDuke
07-19-2018, 08:35 AM
sees chances getting smaller and smaller :shrug:.

zelig
07-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Okay emails have been sent to the next 26 on the list.

Father Cody
07-19-2018, 09:03 AM

Are you giving those 26 a certain amount of time to respond before continuing down the list?

zelig
07-19-2018, 09:08 AM

Are you giving those 26 a certain amount of time to respond before continuing down the list?

Yes 24 hours.

stroppygoblin
07-19-2018, 09:09 AM

what do you suggest? 3 milliseconds? :evil:

stroppygoblin
07-19-2018, 09:09 AM
If the next DR is wrapped in Yeti Fur, is inlaid with Unicorn horn and Dodo Beak fragments and printed on paper that can only be made by 150 year old Tibetan Monks that have never seen the light of day thus demanding a price of 1.5 Million US Dollars PER book, then I'm going to say it probably wont immediately sell out.

Stop giving me ideas.

Should I create a mockup? :crow burp:

becca69
07-19-2018, 09:23 AM

Stop giving me ideas.

No more brain slices, taxidermied birds, extinct species, mythological creatures... you want the next one to be out of everybody's price range :panic:

Father Cody
07-19-2018, 09:26 AM

what do you suggest? 3 milliseconds? :evil:

That’s more than I’d need!

Lookwhoitis
07-19-2018, 10:45 AM

Stop giving me ideas.

The first time an April fools joke has ever cost me a cool $1000 :eek: :tongue: :excited:

Lookwhoitis
07-19-2018, 10:47 AM

Stop giving me ideas.

No more brain slices, taxidermied birds, extinct species, mythological creatures... you want the next one to be out of everybody's price range :panic:

THIS!

firemonkey66
07-19-2018, 03:51 PM
Paul, are people being allowed to submit signed books to be Rebound?

bdwyer19
07-19-2018, 04:33 PM

That would be really cool!

zelig
07-19-2018, 07:29 PM

It would be, but it would be too difficult to manage. One or two people asked me in the early days, and I said sure. Now they're sort of grandfathered in. One or two is fine, but if I opened up the floodgates, it would cause all kinds of problems. Aside from the risk of loss or damage, a bigger issue is the logistical nightmare it would create in the production process with having to single out book blocks so we know which book belongs to who. Can it be done, sure. But it isn't something I really want to manage. I hope you can understand.

firemonkey66
07-19-2018, 09:10 PM

It would be, but it would be too difficult to manage. One or two people asked me in the early days, and I said sure. Now they're sort of grandfathered in. One or two is fine, but if I opened up the floodgates, it would cause all kinds of problems. Aside from the risk of loss or damage, a bigger issue is the logistical nightmare it would create in the production process with having to single out book blocks so we know which book belongs to who. Can it be done, sure. But it isn't something I really want to manage. I hope you can understand.

I can and do understand that, definitely. The idea of submitting a signed 1st to be rebound had also occurred to me, but I never asked because I assumed it would be a huge pain in the ass and that it would be a can of worms you wouldn't want to open. Multiple lessons learned, I suppose. I have to be honest, though, it stings to know that it's happening. I feel like an enhancement such as that should either be offered to everyone, with a premium price to pay for the inconvenience, or those signed books that are being rebound due to grandfathering should be marked out-of-series as Rebinder Copies, so that the in-series books are on relatively equal footing. In other words, it sucks to find out in one fell swoop that there are actually two tiers of a Dragon Rebound collection, and mine is in the lower tier.

Just my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like. Also, I'm sure my opinion would be different if I was one of the ones who spoke up in the beginning instead of being one of the ones who never asked. Live and learn.

zelig
07-19-2018, 11:48 PM
So you learned a good lesson! I’m learning something new every day. But really, there are not two tiers of DRE books. It would be no different if someone got their copy signed after the fact, like with EOTD. I suspect you’re thinking it’s a bigger thing than it really is. ‘Grandfathered’ was a poor choice of words on my part. It has been known to happen every so often, especially when trying to talk to the ladies. I usually end up with my foot in my mouth.

But anyway, it’s actually not like the same one or two people keep getting a signed copy of every edition. Far from it. With IT, there was only a single signed copy aside form Becca’s prize. And that was for someone who had a part to play in the origin of the project. Heck I don’t even have a signed IT myself. What’s wrong with that picture.

Anyway, I see this as a non-issue. But that’s just my opinion and like you say, we know what opinions are like.

Now I’m going to make some books. Wait, sleep first then books. I keep forgetting that.

Peace. ;-)

firemonkey66
07-20-2018, 12:58 AM
So you learned a good lesson! I’m learning something new every day. But really, there are not two tiers of DRE books. It would be no different if someone got their copy signed after the fact, like with EOTD. I suspect you’re thinking it’s a bigger thing than it really is. ‘Grandfathered’ was a poor choice of words on my part. It has been known to happen every so often, especially when trying to talk to the ladies. I usually end up with my foot in my mouth.

But anyway, it’s actually not like the same one or two people keep getting a signed copy of every edition. Far from it. With IT, there was only a single signed copy aside form Becca’s prize. And that was for someone who had a part to play in the origin of the project. Heck I don’t even have a signed IT myself. What’s wrong with that picture.

Anyway, I see this as a non-issue. But that’s just my opinion and like you say, we know what opinions are like.

Now I’m going to make some books. Wait, sleep first then books. I keep forgetting that.

Peace. ;-)

Thank you for clarifying that a bit, Paul, and for being so candid. Post #268 made it sound like there were entire sets produced using signed copies, like one person had requested it for EotD, and then got it for Firestarter, IT, and The Dark Half as well because they were grandfathered in. I agree that that distinction dispels the '2 tier idea.' Although, I do think that there's a fundamental difference between a signed book being rebound and a rebound book being signed after the fact, even if the 2 are indistinguishable from a 3rd party perspective. There's a 'stroke of luck' involved in getting a book signed, whereas buying a signed book to be rebound is a sure thing. Again, just my opinion, which is resembling an asshole more and more these days.

And now that I've talked my way out of ever having a signed book rebound, I shall retire for the evening.

zelig
07-20-2018, 06:34 AM
Post #268 made it sound like there were entire sets produced using signed copies, like one person had requested it for EotD, and then got it for Firestarter, IT, and The Dark Half as well because they were grandfathered in.

Yep, definitely not the case at all.

lotuz
07-20-2018, 10:25 AM
What models of civility you guys are!

As an observer, I appreciate the frank and honest discussion.

zelig
07-20-2018, 11:54 AM
What models of civility you guys are!

As an observer, I appreciate the frank and honest discussion.

Me civil? Say it ain't so.

zelig
07-20-2018, 05:01 PM
I thought it would be prudent to pass along some facts about signed copies of rebound books that exist, in order to squash any speculation that might be out there. Now, I’m only talking about copies that were sent to me signed and then rebound. Not those that were signed after the fact.

Of the three books, EOTD, Firestarter and IT only 1 person ever sent me a signed book. And that was someone we know who was involved in the early stages of the project, and who opened the dialogue with Giusti. So he deserved it, and I’ll stand by that. There is no ‘private club’ of people who keep getting signed copies. It doesn’t exist. Like I said, I don’t even have a signed IT for myself, or a Firestarter for that matter. The EOTD that I have signed was done after the fact, and that in itself was a bit of a fluke. Those who know the story will understand.

So really, I think the book that has the potential to ruffle some feathers, is DH. The book is released, someone shows a picture of a signed copy, and the tomatoes start to fly. So in order to level the playing field, here is what I am offering.

Anyone who bought the rebound DH may send me a signed copy to rebind. I believe this is the fairest way forward on this edition.

I will only accept this for DH, and no future books that I may do.

There are some rules:

I cannot be responsible for a lost or damaged signed 1st.
If you choose to send me a signed copy, I must receive it no later than Monday, August 20th, 2018.
If you intend on sending me a book, submit the contact form here for the address: http://dragonrebound.com/contact/, and to let me know that you are sending it.
There can be no refund on your purchase of the rebound DH as a result of you sending me a signed book block, neither is there a premium for the extra handling required to keep track of them through production.
Eat more carrots, or is it bananas.

Happy Friday!

webstar1000
07-20-2018, 05:03 PM
Paul... once again... you have proven that you are a 11/10.

HONKYTONKSMASH
07-20-2018, 06:09 PM
Well thats just 19 kinds of awesome :thumbsup:

firemonkey66
07-20-2018, 06:38 PM
That's an interesting development. Thanks, Paul:)

Ricky
07-20-2018, 07:23 PM
For those who don't have signed copies, I'm offering to sign copies of DH for a limited time, then send them to Paul. I'll even sign them using my non-dominant hand to make them extra special.

MikeDuke
07-21-2018, 07:40 AM
That is an amazing development. I have emailed Paul so much about many things I am surprised he hasn't blocked me. But the fact that he replies when he does and is doing something like this just
shows why this is such a quality company. And I don't even have any DR books and my first Suntup book will be the Hill House book so I don't even have anything in possession yet and he contiues
to talk to me. In my book, that means a lot. And this is just one more example. Some how, I see the prices of signed DH books going way up.
Way to ho Paul.

becca69
07-21-2018, 07:42 AM
For those who don't have signed copies, I'm offering to sign copies of DH for a limited time, then send them to Paul. I'll even sign them using my non-dominant hand to make them extra special.

Ricky, does this apply to all rebounds... I have some childish pen markings in my copy of IT, maybe you can do something with it??

https://s20.postimg.cc/7of92dhzx/IMG_7143.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/ftxb0j68p/)

Merlin1958
07-21-2018, 08:14 AM

Ricky, does this apply to all rebounds... I have some childish pen markings in my copy of IT, maybe you can do something with it??

https://s20.postimg.cc/7of92dhzx/IMG_7143.jpg (https://postimg.cc/image/ftxb0j68p/)

LOL LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODh4lBQil8k

ICry4Oy
07-21-2018, 08:52 AM
That's cool of Paul!

<<<<--------------------wishes he had a signed 1st/1st DH...…….

Ricky
07-21-2018, 01:41 PM

Yes, all future rebounds. I'll even sign rebound copies which I will then unbind and re-bind again. I'll be announcing the "Re-re-bound series" later this week. It's really going to give Paul a run for his money.

And sorry, I can't help you with that copy of IT. You got swindled. The signature is obviously a fake.

Hunchback Jack
07-21-2018, 10:31 PM
Paul, that's an amazingly generous gesture. I second Kris's 11/10. Outstanding.

HBJ

zelig
07-21-2018, 11:47 PM

HBJ

Come on... that deserves at least a 12/10. :-p

firemonkey66
07-22-2018, 01:30 AM

HBJ

Come on... that deserves at least a 12/10. :-p

I'm not sure you guys will get this obscure reference, but I'm gonna give it a shot: Paul, I think you deserve a 19/10 :)

zelig
07-22-2018, 05:55 AM
Now we’re taking.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-22-2018, 08:38 AM
I'm not sure you guys will get this obscure reference, but I'm gonna give it a shot: Paul, I think you deserve a 19/10 :)

Yes you are right. I don't get it.

The Dark Half: 19/10 - Nah, I don't get it?

zelig
07-22-2018, 05:54 PM
This one is now sold out. Thanks for supporting the rebound project.

firemonkey66
07-22-2018, 06:05 PM
:nana:

MikeDuke
07-24-2018, 11:54 AM
Just in case someone has $17,500 burning a hole in their pocket. I am guessing the seller is a member here.
https://www.veryfinebooks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SK932

MikeDuke
07-25-2018, 08:54 AM
here is another one from very fine
https://www.veryfinebooks.com/Stephen_King_Dragon_Rebound_lettered_matching_p/sk933.htm
Leather bound hand-crafted books, matching lettered "RC" or "Rebound Copies". Equivalent to PC from other publications. Limited to less than 5 "RC" copies in existence

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-30-2018, 06:14 AM
Wouldn't it be great if you had a copy signed before the publication date!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/563/medium/TheDarkHalfSigned.jpg

webstar1000
07-30-2018, 06:48 AM
Wouldn't it be great if you had a copy signed before the publication date!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/563/medium/TheDarkHalfSigned.jpg
Personally I would not want an inscribed book on this project but that is cool! My thing is a newer signature as this is a new project.

ICry4Oy
07-30-2018, 07:37 AM
Personally I would not want an inscribed book on this project but that is cool! My thing is a newer signature as this is a new project.

I feel the same way about the inscription. ...unless it was "to Clay"! Not that it matters to me because I don't have a signed Dark Half. Guess my DR copy of this book will be one of the less valuable ones :(

Father Cody
07-30-2018, 09:37 AM
Each to their own of course, but I fail to comprehend the aversion to inscriptions. When I first started collecting I preferred flat signatures, yet now my thought is the more ink from King’s pen the better. More than that, though, sometimes you get lucky with something witty or funny or symbolic written by King himself and no one else but you can say they have that. As is the case with Becca’s IT inscription, for example.

webstar1000
07-30-2018, 09:40 AM
Each to their own of course, but I fail to comprehend the aversion to inscriptions. When I first started collecting I preferred flat signatures, yet now my thought is the more ink from King’s pen the better. More than that, though, sometimes you get lucky with something witty or funny or symbolic written by King himself and no one else but you can say they have that. As is the case with Becca’s IT inscription, for example.

I like inscriptions. That is not what I am saying here. I do not feel the rebound project is right for it. King didn't inscribe that book.. he inscribed the trade and as I said... a long time ago FAR before this was even a thing. I think for the Rebound, you want a newer signature. I never said I don't like inscriptions just feel they are not the thing (for me) for this project.

Father Cody
07-30-2018, 09:45 AM

I like inscriptions. That is not what I am saying here. I do not feel the rebound project is right for it. King didn't inscribe that book.. he inscribed the trade and as I said... a long time ago FAR before this was even a thing. I think for the Rebound, you want a newer signature. I never said I don't like inscriptions just feel they are not the thing (for me) for this project.

I should’ve put a disclaimer in there that stated I wasn’t responding to your comment specifically, just the flatsigned vs. inscription debate in general. I see what you’re saying though... I don’t mean this argumentatively, but the same thing could be said about a flat signature, don’t you think? That King didn’t sign the rebound, he signed the trade? I just see it strictly as personal preference. You prefer flatsigned rebounds whereas others, including myself (not that it matters! Ha) may prefer inscribed rebounds.

webstar1000
07-30-2018, 10:02 AM

I should’ve put a disclaimer in there that stated I wasn’t responding to your comment specifically, just the flatsigned vs. inscription debate in general. I see what you’re saying though... I don’t mean this argumentatively, but the same thing could be said about a flat signature, don’t you think? That King didn’t sign the rebound, he signed the trade? I just see it strictly as personal preference. You prefer flatsigned rebounds whereas others, including myself (not that it matters! Ha) may prefer inscribed rebounds.

I have no preference. I actually prefer an inscription if the person is of importance OR King has written something really cool. The flatsign would make just more sense if you had to choose between the two. My thoughts anyways. I guess then with a newer signature it looked as if King signed the rebound 'now' rather than a rebound signed copy. Hope that makes sense.

Father Cody
07-30-2018, 10:16 AM
I have no preference. I actually prefer an inscription if the person is of importance OR King has written something really cool. The flatsign would make just more sense if you had to choose between the two. My thoughts anyways. I guess then with a newer signature it looked as if King signed the rebound 'now' rather than a rebound signed copy. Hope that makes sense.

It makes sense. I think we’re in agreement on the thing. Just different preferences in this case. And from what I’ve learned, most collectors prefer flatsigned in general. Not a big deal, it just doesn’t make sense to me why flatsigned is more widely preferred. I should probably shut up about it, though, because it works to my benefit!

Randall Flagg
07-30-2018, 10:58 AM

I agree. I was lucky enough to get a very recently dated King signature for this DH rebound project.

ICry4Oy
08-16-2018, 08:54 AM
Wonder who owned the DR set "P" and who paid VFB a lot for it?

https://www.veryfinebooks.com/Stephen_King_Dragon_Rebound_lettered_matching_p/sk932.htm

webstar1000
08-16-2018, 09:03 AM
Wonder who owned the DR set "P" and who paid VFB a lot for it?

https://www.veryfinebooks.com/Stephen_King_Dragon_Rebound_lettered_matching_p/sk932.htm

A member here did at one time....

ruderabbit
08-16-2018, 03:38 PM
Anyone else still have their Letter? :clap:

Yep, matching DR lettered "Z"

SP, numbered King, numbered and lettered non-King

I lost the SP Lettered when I couldn't buy the lettered EOTD portfolio, then got back in for non-King, not sure yet what letter it will be, will find out when Hill House is released.

zelig
08-20-2018, 07:51 AM
Hi folks. Today is the last day to get me a signed copy of the DH to rebind, for those who chose to do that. I would recommend that if anyone sent the book, but did not receive a confirmation from me, then please email me so that I can confirm that I have it. Use the contact form here (http://dragonrebound.com/contact/). Thanks.

frik
08-24-2018, 08:59 PM
Anyone (and I'm talking AA-ZZ buyers) got themselves a white copy and prefers the black?
I'm in for a black but prefer the white, so maybe we could get together on this?
It's a long shot, but you never know...

sk

Randall Flagg
08-27-2018, 02:26 PM
I am so turgid waiting for this book.

Br!an
08-27-2018, 05:55 PM
I am so turgid waiting for this book.

I never though of turgid being a good thing. :orely:

Did you perhaps mean tumescent? :evil:

stroppygoblin
08-28-2018, 02:00 AM
I think given RF's current health issues, Turgid is probably accurate....:crow burp:

Father Cody
08-28-2018, 02:15 AM
I wouldn’t want to be around that book when he gets it to find out.

Hunchback Jack
08-28-2018, 09:15 AM
turgid: from Latin turgidus, from turgere ‘to swell.’

I guess that's ... swell.

HBJ

zelig
09-25-2018, 05:16 PM
Quick production update on this. The Viking 1st edition book blocks have been prepared and are ready for binding. I'm pushing for this one to get out the door by the end of the year, so sooner than originally planned.

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/IMG_5154.jpg

Father Cody
09-25-2018, 07:36 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180926/9a09eb2b0670828087a3056175fdda44.gif

frik
09-25-2018, 11:28 PM
Awesome! This will be my first Dragon Rebound Edition - and hopefully not the last.
Can't wait to see the final result.

And btw, if anyone is willing to trade your white for my black - let me know.
Willing to pay extra...:)

sk

zelig
10-17-2018, 01:24 PM
The Dark Half rebound is coming along nicely. Some sneak peeks at the production. We should be done soon!

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/IMG_5342.jpg

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/IMG_5341.jpg

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/IMG_5343.jpg

HONKYTONKSMASH
10-17-2018, 01:37 PM
Lookin Killer :thumbsup:

ICry4Oy
10-17-2018, 02:15 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_53431.jpg

So pretty!

MikeDuke
10-17-2018, 02:25 PM
Jealous. There, I said it.

webstar1000
10-17-2018, 02:26 PM
Niceeeeeeee!

Randall Flagg
10-17-2018, 02:29 PM
I'm glad Simon and I thought of it...

firemonkey66
10-17-2018, 02:39 PM
Nice, I love the white spine, looks pretty sharp:)

Ari_Racing
10-22-2018, 04:25 AM
Looks very classy. :)

stroppygoblin
10-22-2018, 06:06 AM
I'm glad Simon and I thought of it...

Credit where credit is due, It was YOU who thought of it.

All I did was spend weeks creating 3D models, learning advanced rendering techniques, duplicating a whole web site and coming up with text and hidden jokes... :evil:

ICry4Oy
10-29-2018, 10:00 PM
:excited:

Hunchback Jack
10-29-2018, 10:08 PM

My sentiments exactly!!!!

HBJ

stroppygoblin
10-30-2018, 12:51 AM
Just received my shipping notice! It’s on its way...:excited:

Br!an
10-30-2018, 03:46 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/images/smilies/excited.gif

MikeDuke
10-30-2018, 05:07 AM
Congrats to everyone who got one.

firemonkey66
10-30-2018, 06:15 AM
Whoa, I got my shipping notice too! Are these going out early, Paul? I feel like it wasn’t supposed to be for a few more months...

becca69
10-30-2018, 06:22 AM
It's ready!!! :nana:

zelig
10-30-2018, 06:32 AM
Whoa, I got my shipping notice too! Are these going out early, Paul? I feel like it wasn’t supposed to be for a few more months...

Yes, surprise! Books ship today ahead of schedule.

Randall Flagg
10-30-2018, 06:44 AM
Paul continues to exceed expectations.

firemonkey66
10-30-2018, 08:45 AM

Yes, surprise! Books ship today ahead of schedule.

Talk about a pleasant surprise! Thanks, Paul:)

ruderabbit
10-30-2018, 12:35 PM
I'm only Half surprised. :dance:

Randall Flagg
10-30-2018, 12:55 PM
Mine is scheduled for an evening delivery. I guess that's the Dark Half of the day.

cit74
10-30-2018, 05:14 PM
just added my number to USPS tracking system - so I should be getting regular texts until it arrives

Hunchback Jack
10-30-2018, 09:04 PM
Mine arrives Thursday!!!! :excited:

zelig
10-30-2018, 10:49 PM

I already got mine... :P

herbertwest
10-31-2018, 12:51 AM
I am surprised that you guys follow up the tracking.
I thought that it was established that normal people only worry 2 months later...

frik
10-31-2018, 01:05 AM
Excited (duhhhhh) - but no shipping notice yet.....:nope:
But I was wondering: last year I sold my Eyes of the Dragon Art portfolio to someone in the US.
I received a shipping notice (because I was the original buyer??) but the actual recipient did not.
But he did receive the portfolio.
In other words: would it be possible the original Dark Half Rebound buyer (located in the UK) will/has receive(d) a shipping notice for my book??

Paul?? Anyone??

sk

Cook
10-31-2018, 05:24 AM

No Pictures?? it doesn't exist... :nope:

zelig
10-31-2018, 09:49 AM

Happy now!?

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/IMG_5417.jpg

zelig
10-31-2018, 03:09 PM
Excited (duhhhhh) - but no shipping notice yet.....:nope:
But I was wondering: last year I sold my Eyes of the Dragon Art portfolio to someone in the US.
I received a shipping notice (because I was the original buyer??) but the actual recipient did not.
But he did receive the portfolio.
In other words: would it be possible the original Dark Half Rebound buyer (located in the UK) will/has receive(d) a shipping notice for my book??

Paul?? Anyone??

sk

The system sent notifications to the original buyer. If I was informed about your purchase then the book would be shipped to your address. And just FYI, this is the last DRE book that will be shipped to a different person than who bought it originally. But you should be fine. If you want your tracking #, email me your order # using the contact form on the DRE site. Thanks.

Cook
10-31-2018, 04:38 PM

Happy now!?

http://dragonrebound.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/IMG_5417.jpg

OK... you're good !!

stroppygoblin
11-01-2018, 02:46 AM
And it's here! (I cant believe i'm in the UK and mine is the first to arrive. Thanks Paul for such expedited shipping!)

I'll put more photos in my Collection thread.

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_1317.jpg

Hmm? Swag?
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_1318.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_1321.jpg

nice touch :)
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_13281.jpg

yes folks that page has been bound upside down!
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_1329.jpg

Thats MY NAME! IN A STEPHEN KING BOOK! :excited: :excited: :excited:
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_1331.jpg

HUUGE thanks to Jerome, David and Paul for making THIS happen!
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_1327.jpg

Beautiful!
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_13321.jpg

ooh and yes it's swag!
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_1322.jpg

The Library Policeman
11-01-2018, 02:52 AM
Beautiful and amazing. Congratulations Simon!

AKC
11-01-2018, 04:44 AM
I was about to post "hope the quantity increase doesn't bother anyone," but, well - too late.

More importantly - another great job by DRE/Paul, just beautiful.
People are funky. One person's sale is another person's gain. If one went around buying or selling based upon the lettered limitation amount, then that person isn't a collector, they area speculator/flipper. Don't feel sorry for them, they didn't lose money, and now they can feel better about themselves for not stooping to owning something with a 52 lettered limitation. I suppose there will be a few lettered Regulators coming up for sale.

Yeah Jerome, I absolutely feel better.

Sincere congratulations to Paul for the demonstrated sell through. Your success continues.

And to Jerome for yet another public reference that it was his idea...

becca69
11-01-2018, 05:50 AM
yes folks that page has been bound upside down!
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/922/medium/IMG_1329.jpg

Paul had to get you back somehow :evil:

stroppygoblin
11-01-2018, 06:29 AM
I'm curious to know if that has been done on all or just mine/RF's.... :evil:

becca69
11-01-2018, 06:49 AM

You are on to something there.

MikeDuke
11-01-2018, 10:03 AM
That looks awesome. Congats.

cit74
11-01-2018, 02:08 PM

mine is due to arrive today...went out on truck this morning - but once I get it I will let you know....if you have the Aprils Fools variant copy

Br!an
11-01-2018, 02:34 PM

mine is due to arrive today...went out on truck this morning - but once I get it I will let you know....if you have the Aprils Fools variant copy

He does. Mine is right side up.

Father Cody
11-01-2018, 02:36 PM

Do you have the same color as Simon’s? I had just assumed it was a white edition vs black edition thing where half of the books had the upside down binding and the other half didn’t.

Br!an
11-01-2018, 02:39 PM

Do you have the same color as Simon’s? I had just assumed it was a white edition vs black edition thing where half of the books had the upside down binding and the other half didn’t.

Yes, mine is white binding too.

Randall Flagg
11-01-2018, 03:52 PM
Mine is fucked up. Upside down colophon page....
sigh...

webstar1000
11-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Mine is fucked up. Upside down colophon page....
sigh...

Yeah mine to:( is this a mistake?

zelig
11-01-2018, 04:09 PM
There are no mistakes. Simon and Jerome got their colophon pages bound upside down intentionally.

Hunchback Jack
11-01-2018, 04:21 PM
Mine is on a white page, right side up.

Father Cody
11-01-2018, 04:23 PM
Mine is invisible.

webstar1000
11-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Mine is invisible.

Lol best post all day. Hahahahahah, u actually totally LOL’d Adam. Brilliant

zelig
11-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Mine is invisible.

So you got it?! I’ve been looking for that invisible page everywhere.

St. Troy
11-01-2018, 05:58 PM
Mine is invisible.

1/1 Emperor’s Edition - excellent.

firemonkey66
11-02-2018, 02:49 AM
Beautiful book and awesome tray case! I’ve also got the right side up variant:)

Patrick
11-03-2018, 12:44 PM
There are no mistakes. Simon and Jerome got their colophon pages bound upside down intentionally.
^ I absolutely love this. Well played, Paul.

Ari_Racing
11-03-2018, 01:13 PM
It looks so nice and classy. Congrats everyone!

zelig
11-03-2018, 09:40 PM
So thanks everyone for the positive comments. I was very pleased with how this one turned out, and for those who got a copy, I hope you enjoy it.

Toward the end of each rebound project, I don’t think about what might be next, or even if there will be another one. I sort of sit back and say, well that was fun and leave it there.

But what I may plan or not plan for it doesn’t seem to matter because these rebound books have always taken on a life of their own. They seem to make their own decisions despite what I might be thinking.

firemonkey66
11-04-2018, 07:03 AM
But what I may plan or not plan for it doesn’t seem to matter because these rebound books have always taken on a life of their own. They seem to make their own decisions despite what I might be thinking.

I hope that Pet Sematary makes the decision to become a Dragon Rebound member:) It knows it wants to...

ICry4Oy
12-06-2018, 09:43 AM
David has letter "T" DR set up for auction. Will be very interesting to see what it goes for. Looks like a few sets listed on page one of this thread have changed hands.

jeffingoff
04-19-2019, 07:16 AM
LOVE the new Dragon Rebound teaser!! Can't wait to window shop the hell out of that CUJO!

stroppygoblin
04-19-2019, 07:16 AM
it's going to be a beaut!

webstar1000
04-19-2019, 07:18 AM
it's going to be a beaut!

1000%

MikeDuke
04-19-2019, 07:30 AM
Cujo will be fantastic. Can't wait to see the teaser or book to window shop myself.

Munnecom
04-19-2019, 07:35 AM
There go my hopes of Cujo ever being Suntup'd...

It was second on my King wishlist, after Different Seasons.

zelig
04-19-2019, 07:50 AM
This should be discussed in a DRE thread as it's not a Suntup publication.

zelig
04-19-2019, 07:57 AM
Here you go. Can discuss here. :-)

webstar1000
04-19-2019, 07:58 AM
So excited!!!!!!!!

zelig
Here you go folks:

The 5h DRE Book. (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?22320-The-5th-Dragon-Rebound-Book&p=1144600#post1144600)

webstar1000

Agreed

ICry4Oy
04-19-2019, 08:27 AM
Cujo

lotuz
04-19-2019, 09:25 AM
What a pleasant surprise for today!

Look at that leather:

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/984/medium/Untitled2.png

:drool::drool::drool:

ICry4Oy
04-19-2019, 09:38 AM
For me at least, a book covered in fur with a dog collar clasp is a bit gimmicky.

webstar1000
04-19-2019, 09:39 AM
For me at least, a book covered in fur with a dog collar clasp is a bit gimmicky.

Don’t buy it. Haha... easy!

ICry4Oy
04-19-2019, 09:43 AM
yeah

webstar1000
04-19-2019, 09:43 AM
yeah

:(

jeffingoff
04-19-2019, 09:46 AM

My bad! Do people still say that? Was it ever ok to say?

Back to your regularly scheduled program: MIKE DUKE'S COUNTDOWN TO THE SELL-OUT!

webstar1000
04-19-2019, 09:56 AM

Back to your regularly scheduled program: MIKE DUKE'S COUNTDOWN TO THE SELL-OUT!

Has Mike given an update lately? mike???

Brian861
04-19-2019, 09:59 AM

I'll chime in for him. 8 left.

Brian861
04-19-2019, 10:00 AM
The DRE spots all accounted for or are there still spots open to purchase?

firemonkey66
04-19-2019, 10:01 AM

I think it would only be gimmicky if the book somehow foamed at the mouth:)

Br!an
04-19-2019, 10:04 AM

The 52 lettered spots are all taken by The Dark Half owners. There is a possibility that an owner(s) of The Dark Half won't purchase Cujo. That would make available any that aren't pre-ordered by current owners.

Randall Flagg
04-19-2019, 10:07 AM
Done. Posts moved.

Brian861
04-19-2019, 10:11 AM

The 52 lettered spots are all taken by The Dark Half owners. There is a possibility that an owner(s) of The Dark Half won't purchase Cujo. That would make available any that aren't pre-ordered by current owners.

From what I read about The Dark Half, apparently there is/was a waiting list but Paul is no longer accepting additions to it?

webstar1000
04-19-2019, 10:15 AM

Brian do you protect pre-sale of all 52 copies?

MikeDuke
04-19-2019, 10:23 AM

First this is the DR thread so I would not put it in here any. Also, I figured people got tired of reading my posts so I thought I would give them s rest.

jeffingoff
04-19-2019, 10:24 AM

First this is the DR thread so I would not put it in here any. Also, I figured people got tired of reading my posts so I thought I would give them s rest.

We will never get tired of you, Mike! Your enthusiasm is infectious and wonderful!

MikeDuke
04-19-2019, 10:26 AM
Thanks Jeff. Congrats to all who can get what I agree will be Cujo.

webstar1000
04-19-2019, 10:30 AM

No Man! Give a remaining copy report on the suntup thread please!! That’s how I know!

Brian861
04-19-2019, 10:33 AM

No Man! Give a remaining copy report on the suntup thread please!! That’s how I know!

I think that post got accidentally sent to this thread. The one regarding the count.

herbertwest
04-19-2019, 10:34 AM
Where was that teaser shared?
I havent seen it

MikeDuke
04-19-2019, 10:39 AM
I havent seen it
Page one post 9 in this thread. I think it should be on the DR site as a teaser.

Br!an
04-19-2019, 10:45 AM

From what I read about The Dark Half, apparently there is/was a waiting list but Paul is no longer accepting additions to it?

The Dark Half was delivered months ago. No need to add to its waiting list.

I think if you are on the DR email list you will get the appropriate notifications.

Br!an
04-19-2019, 11:01 AM

Predict?

The DR books are beautiful.

The DR books are fine quality.

The DR books are limited.

The DR books are among the finest rebound books.

DR is the progenitor of Suntup Editions.

The DR books have proven to be a value at issue price compared to resale price.

The only way that a TDH owner fails to purchase this offering is that they are unable to afford it at present or they are incapacitated.

That said, there has often been one or two people who choose not to purchase the newest rebound.

webstar1000
04-19-2019, 11:01 AM

Predict?

The DR books are beautiful.

The DR books are fine quality.

The DR books are limited.

The DR books are among the finest rebound books.

DR is the progenitor of Suntup Editions.

The DR books have proven to be a value at issue price compared to resale price.

The only way that a TDH owner fails to purchase this offering is that they are unable to afford it at present or they are incapacitated.

That said, there has often been one or two people who choose not to purchase the newest rebound.

#mymanspeakstrue

Munnecom
04-19-2019, 11:05 AM
Wouldn’t #27 on the waiting list be the first in line now? #1 to #26 got a chance to buy letter AA to ZZ of TDH. Assuming they all did, #27 would now be #1.

The other option is to do a public sale of any copies still available after the owners of TDH had their chance, but that would turn people into rabid dogs.

webstar1000
04-19-2019, 11:07 AM
Wouldn’t #27 on the waiting list be the first in line now? #1 to #26 got a chance to buy letter AA to ZZ of TDH. Assuming they all did, #27 would now be #1.

The other option is to do a public sale of any copies still available after the owners of TDH had their chance, but that would turn people into rabid dogs

Great question

herbertwest
04-19-2019, 11:22 AM
I havent seen it
Page one post 9 in this thread. I think it should be on the DR site as a teaser.

Actually I got the email too :)

herbertwest
04-19-2019, 11:23 AM
That edition of CUJO looks nice !

Br!an
04-19-2019, 11:29 AM
http://dragonrebound.com/4-23-19-teaser (http://dragonrebound.com/4-23-19-teaser/?mc_cid=f79e6eab26&mc_eid=cbfd9be5ad)

MikeDuke
04-19-2019, 11:36 AM
http://dragonrebound.com/4-23-19-teaser (http://dragonrebound.com/4-23-19-teaser/?mc_cid=f79e6eab26&mc_eid=cbfd9be5ad)
There we go. That's more like it. And I guess if some skipped The Dark Half, the wait list would move accordingly. But I seem to remember Paul saying that everyone who ordered
IT ordered The Dark Half which would mean the wait list would be the same. But I could be wrong there. As someone mentioned, somebody would have to pass on this and the line would move. But for people like me, who are so far down on the wait list, it really doesn't matter. I still can't wait to see what Paul comes up with though.

becca69
04-19-2019, 11:40 AM
There we go. That's more like it. And I guess if some skipped The Dark Half, the wait list would move accordingly. But I seem to remember Paul saying that everyone who ordered
IT ordered The Dark Half which would mean the wait list would be the same. But I could be wrong there.

IT was only 26 copies and DH 52, so the wait list has changed.

MikeDuke
04-19-2019, 11:43 AM
IT ordered The Dark Half which would mean the wait list would be the same. But I could be wrong there.

IT was only 26 copies and DH 52, so the wait list has changed.
Well there you go, I am wrong again.

playdohman
04-19-2019, 12:03 PM
Does anyone know yet if he will be accepting purchaser's signed copies to use like with DH?

Brian861
04-19-2019, 12:05 PM

The other option is to do a public sale of any copies still available after the owners of TDH had their chance, but that would turn people into rabid dogs.

Yea, I guess I didn't word it correctly but this basically what I was asking. Maybe Paul or Becca can answer here to clear it up. 1) Is there still a waiting list? 2) Can one still be added to the waiting list and how? Thanks!

becca69
04-19-2019, 12:17 PM

Yea, I guess I didn't word it correctly but this basically what I was asking. Maybe Paul or Becca can answer here to clear it up. 1) Is there still a waiting list? 2) Can one still be added to the waiting list and how? Thanks!

There is still a wait list. Currently that list is closed. There were some people who passed up the chance at DH so more than 26 names have moved up the list. Those who passed didn't get added back to the list.

Randall Flagg
04-19-2019, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know yet if he will be accepting purchaser's signed copies to use like with DH?
Send an email and ask privately.

LetoAtreides
04-19-2019, 12:47 PM
Friendly reminder that if you haven't been able to get in on Dragon Rebound before, there's still a full set available at Bett's (http://bettsbooks.com/w95020ai.html#girl) that will set you up to receive this new book directly :)

zelig
04-19-2019, 12:54 PM

Good thing for you then that it's not covered in fur. Has the collar though, so you may want to pass. ;-)

HONKYTONKSMASH
04-19-2019, 12:54 PM

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21492-DRAGON-REBOUND-EDITIONS-Custom-Bound-Edition-of-The-Dark-Half/page12

Looks like “no”

zelig
04-19-2019, 12:58 PM

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?21492-DRAGON-REBOUND-EDITIONS-Custom-Bound-Edition-of-The-Dark-Half/page12

Looks like “no”

To keep it fair for everyone the answer is Yes, same as DH. Details will be on the announcement page on Tuesday.

Randall Flagg
04-19-2019, 01:00 PM
Damn, if hadn't had a vasectomy, I'd name my next child Paul or Paula.

jeffingoff
04-19-2019, 06:48 PM
Damn, if hadn't had a vasectomy, I'd name my next child Paul or Paula.

I’ve closed the swim team as well. But that’s why I’m changing my oldest son’s name to Paul.

cit74
04-19-2019, 08:27 PM
That’s great news - thanks again Paul for giving us a chance for an even cooler rebound...btw my swim team is closed as well...so no Paulina’s in the future - but I would if I could.

lotuz
04-19-2019, 09:13 PM
I have another one currently on the way but I decided I'm only going to do Paul/Paula if he will provide the signed copy

yes i am an amazing father thank you for asking :innocent:

Brian861
04-20-2019, 12:27 AM

There is still a wait list. Currently that list is closed. There were some people who passed up the chance at DH so more than 26 names have moved up the list. Those who passed didn't get added back to the list.

Thanks, Becca.

ICry4Oy
04-20-2019, 08:07 AM

Good thing for you then that it's not covered in fur. Has the collar though, so you may want to pass. ;-)

YAY for no fur, :frown: for pass

….Oh...being gay, my swimmers are irrelevant but I do have a friend with a cat named Paul...

The Library Policeman
04-20-2019, 03:42 PM
I’m going to change my daughters name to Paul and I’m not even getting the book!

Brian861
04-20-2019, 11:28 PM
I’m going to change my daughters name to Paul and I’m not even getting the book!

:rofl:

Munnecom
04-22-2019, 05:19 AM
Guys, I need some advice...

Someone (I don’t know if he’s a member here) is selling their copy of TDH, letter UU. Because Cujo is one of my favourite King books and I assume Paul is going to knock it out of the park again, I really want to jump on this train while I still can.

To raise the cash on short notice, I’m considering selling my PC lettered IT from CD. Is that a terrible trade-off? What do you think?

Edit:

Looks like I was too late. Oh well!

MikeDuke
04-23-2019, 07:09 AM
About one hour away from the big announcement. I just have to add that I love the happy go lucky music in the beginning of the video and then it turns ominous and then happy go lucky again, Brilliant.

herbertwest
04-23-2019, 07:55 AM
5 minutes :)

MikeDuke
04-23-2019, 07:57 AM
5 minutes :)
3 minutes :) :)

MikeDuke
04-23-2019, 08:02 AM
Wow, it looks great. And you can send a signed one to be rebound if you like. That doggie door. Love it.

St. Troy
04-23-2019, 08:05 AM
Squeezing a bone in order to relieve stress...what an idea.
:emot-roflolmao:

ICry4Oy
04-23-2019, 08:07 AM
Gimmicky yes, but pretty damned COOL!

When can we order?

Nevermind, GOT IT!

webstar1000
04-23-2019, 08:17 AM
WOW. Another hit! PAUL I LOVE THAT DOG DOOR!