PDA

View Full Version : Episode of a series based on The Mist?

herbertwest
01-26-2008, 03:51 AM
Hi, i dont really know where to post it, so.. let's put it here..
OK, so in a french board there is one guy which is pretty sure that he have seen about one year ago an episod of a serie based on the mist.
Seems like it really was the story of the mist, but King wasnt credited, some kind of unofficial adaptation... he would like to find it back, and this is interesting me as well...

Here are the informations that he gave me (PS : it also looks like that someone ask the same question on yahoo (http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071102195900AAkXyK0).)
I never head about this before, so...

It SHOULD be :
- an episod of a bristish serie, which longed something like 50min. (according to him, it was labelled "anglo saxon", but wikipedia tells that nowadays the anglo-saxon term is quite oftenly used, and is about people from Britain, which can be British/ American/ Australian/ NEw Zealand...
- he does remember quite well of the attack of the bugs on the supermarket windows, of mountains landscapes with a lake around the house of the main character at the beginning, the tentacle (is it a word?) under the steel door, the suicides by hanging....
"A lot more 'cheap' than Darabont, but quite nice anyway"
- he was quite surprise to recognise the story, without seeing anywhere the name of SK
- I mentionned him the british serie entitled Darkplace (wiki) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garth_Marenghi%27s_Darkplace), broadcasted in 2004, because the episod 5, "Scotch Mist" is a little bit like this, but.... told me that he was 100% sure it wasnt coz he knows quite well that show...

Do you have any idea, information?
It's the first time i hear about it, and it seems that someone on yahoo also sa it so i guess must be 'true'...

Jimmy
01-29-2008, 06:28 AM
Possibly a dollar baby that was shown on tv despite King's wishes that the DB's not be shown publicly. That's all I can think of anyway.

Brice
01-29-2008, 06:34 AM
Possibly a dollar baby that was shown on tv despite King's wishes that the DB's not be shown publicly. That's all I can think of anyway.

I don't recall there being a dollar baby of The Mist. Maybe it was just something similar in some ways or totally unauthorized?

Jimmy
01-29-2008, 06:42 AM

I don't recall there being a dollar baby of The Mist. Maybe it was just something similar in some ways or totally unauthorized?

I'd never heard of it either, and even after some net searching I found nothing. I don't know, it might've just been a preview for the movie that was seen.

Jimmy
01-29-2008, 06:51 AM
- I mentionned him the british serie entitled Darkplace (wiki) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garth_Marenghi%27s_Darkplace), broadcasted in 2004, because the episod 5, "Scotch Mist" is a little bit like this, but.... told me that he was 100% sure it wasnt coz he knows quite well that show...

I completely miss this line of the original post. Having seen "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace," I can honestly say that this was probably what he saw.

To everyone else... GO WATCH GARTH MARENGHI'S DARKPLACE!!!

One of the best shows ever made.

herbertwest
01-30-2008, 07:19 AM

I completely miss this line of the original post. Having seen "Garth Marenghi's Darkplace," I can honestly say that this was probably what he saw.

I thought as well (about 99% sure), but he pretend that he knows that show and that wasnt, and also that it was really following the story from King... so..

Rjeso
01-30-2008, 09:14 AM
HAHAHAHA, Darkplace. What a crappy yet fantastic show.

Ari_Racing
01-31-2008, 03:57 AM
So...is it was an episode of that series then?

Jimmy
01-31-2008, 04:09 AM
Here's part 1 of episode 5 (Scotch Mist) check it out and see if it's the same thing. Parts 2 and 3 are there as well.

YouTube - Garth Marenghi's Darkplace Episode 5 Part 1

herbertwest
01-31-2008, 08:28 AM
He pretends its not...
but i asked him to watch it a last time before saying it is or not... just to be sure, because i absolutely dont see what else it could be (do you?)... and when he asked i immediately thought to it so...

Mike Beck
01-31-2008, 12:29 PM
Darkplace! I just started getting into that since they aired it on cartoon network. It's so ridiculous, but i love it.