PDA

View Full Version : LOST--watch out for **SPOILERS**

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Matt
04-25-2008, 06:10 AM
I totally agree Bev--last night I found myself not only rooting for him as a hero but also feeling very sorry for him. It was weird. :lol:

I love how James loves his Hugo. :wub:

Bev Vincent
04-25-2008, 06:20 AM
James has started to care about other people -- the baby, Claire, Hurley. It's a neat transformation.

Matt
04-25-2008, 06:41 AM
It really is

And I found myself thinking about this notion of "the others". Seems like most of them were basically okay. Sure, driven but not really killers like we are seeing now.

They were just slaughtered wholesale for the last three seasons though.

I loved that line when Ben told Michael that they weren't killers

he asked about Anna Lucia and Libby...

"we didn't tell you to kill them, you did that on your own"

Ricky
04-25-2008, 12:54 PM
2 words....HOLY CRAP! :excited:

Last night was the BEST episode that I've seen in a long time!! Between the smoke monster, the (AWESOME!) flash-fowards, and Ben's "secret" room, it was a great episode!

I think it's pretty clear that Ben can time travel and control the smoke monster (to some extent). Speaking of the smoke monster, that thing was huge last night! Did anyone else notice that it seemed to grow 5x in size? Awesome! That whole thing with Ben vs. Widmore was pretty awesome too. I loved it how Ben just waltzed right into his penthouse. The way I see it, there is going to be something very big happening with those two in the future.

I loved how Ben asks the Iraqi women what year it is. She looked at him like he was crazy. :lol: With this said, I also believe that Ben/other islanders have the ability to go to the future AS WELL as the past.

I'm just in awe of how great last night's epsiode turned out to be. It completely blew me away.

Start the countdown until next Thursday! :panic:

Matt
04-25-2008, 01:15 PM
I really hope the leader of the killers buys it in a horrible way. I instantly did not like that guy. :angry:

Ricky
04-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Are you talking about the guy who killed Ben's daughter?

Matt
04-25-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah! That bastard really needs to die roughly. I'd say Sayid for sure. :lol:

Ricky
04-25-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm glad you feel the same way! I can't stand him either. Yeah, let Sayid take a couple fingers off first...then he can do his thing. :lol:

On a side note, I'm kind of worried about the fate of Penelope. That we know of, she hasn't done anything wrong. :orely:

RUBE
04-25-2008, 03:09 PM
Except Sayid is stuck on the boat and I don't think that he is ever going to step back on the island. I am betting on Sawyer taking him out in the next episode.

Ricky
04-25-2008, 03:11 PM
If Sayid never steps back on the island, how is Sawyer going to take him out? :lol:

RUBE
04-25-2008, 03:13 PM
If Sayid never steps back on the island, how is Sawyer going to take him out? :lol:

Ha, Ha ... You know I mean the mercenary that killed Alex.

Ricky
04-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Oh, I get it know. Sorry, I thought you meant Sayid taking him out. :lol:

RUBE
04-25-2008, 03:32 PM
This episode (and others) have me wondering a few things:

If the smoke monster is as fast and bad-ass as it appears to be now, how did Jack, Kate and Charlie ever out run it back in the pilot or how have people been able to hide from it like Kate and Juliet?

Why exactly does Widmore want Ben alive? Now that his boat has found the island, why doesn't he just kill off Ben and the rest of the Others and move his people in? Is it because of "the rules" that Ben mentioned? If so, how did two parties at war decide on a set of rules to begin with?

Anyway, I do not expect answers to these questions right away, especially since the next episode looks like a Jack flash-forward.

NeverAgain
04-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Why exactly does Widmore want Ben alive? Now that his boat has found the island, why doesn't he just kill off Ben and the rest of the Others and move his people in? Is it because of "the rules" that Ben mentioned? If so, how did two parties at war decide on a set of rules to begin with?

The rules refer to changing the future. Ben seemed about 80% confident that Alex would live. He probably has witnessed a future with her. Now that she's dead, the future has changed, and Ben now loses his upperhand. My jaw hit the floor when he said, "He changed the rules." I posted,
I'm guessing you can't change fate, but Ben probably knew that you could bend the rules a bit. 2 weeks ago!!!

I think that they can't kill each other, because it's part of the same rules. If Ben kills Widmore, then he would have never met him at "insert future date here" and used this information for personal gain at "insert past date here". Or visa-versa.

Desmond did everything he could to save Charlie, but fate was going to kill him no matter what. You can do anything you want to change fate, but fate will find a way to be constant. But killing a man/woman.....might provide a certain challenge for fate. Maybe death is enough to change fate.

Ricky
04-25-2008, 04:37 PM
That was brilliant!!

MonteGss
04-26-2008, 06:53 AM
Great episode...probably my second favorite of the season, after Desmond's. I personally love the "time travel" storyline and it will be awesome to watch it develop further.

Nerak
04-26-2008, 08:39 AM
What I don't g et is Michael can't kill himself cause the island won't let him, but everyone can kill everyone else! What's up with that?

http://www.headinjurytheater.com/comic%20lost%20never%20fly%20again%20jared%20hindm an.jpg

Matt
04-29-2008, 08:43 AM
I think the thing with Michael is more about changing the past. That whole "Island won't let you" translates to "time travelers won't let you" to me.

Ricky
04-29-2008, 04:54 PM
Why can't it be Thursday already? I have a thought/theory to add to this whole mess of LOSTism:

I recently re-watched the LOST pilot episode in which the first scene shows Jack in the middle of the jungle. As he slowly starts regaining conscienceness, he seems to know exactly where he's going and runs right out of the jungle straight to the plane wreck.

In this past episode, Ben is seen unconscience in the middle of the Sahara with no tracks around him. Where did he come from; how did he get there? My answer: time travel. Compare this instance to Jack's in the pilot episode.

In the Season 3 finale, we are shown that Jack is suffering and yearning to get back on the island. In a nutshell, I believe that Jack does get back on the island (by time travel) and is re-living his whole island experience to change something that he felt terrible about on the island.

MonteGss
04-29-2008, 10:51 PM
Why can't it be Thursday already? I have a thought/theory to add to this whole mess of LOSTism:

I recently re-watched the LOST pilot episode in which the first scene shows Jack in the middle of the jungle. As he slowly starts regaining conscienceness, he seems to know exactly where he's going and runs right out of the jungle straight to the plane wreck.

In this past episode, Ben is seen unconscience in the middle of the Sahara with no tracks around him. Where did he come from; how did he get there? My answer: time travel. Compare this instance to Jack's in the pilot episode.

In the Season 3 finale, we are shown that Jack is suffering and yearning to get back on the island. In a nutshell, I believe that Jack does get back on the island (by time travel) and is re-living his whole island experience to change something that he felt terrible about on the island.

Interesting. Anyone watching the series right now of course knows that time travel fits into the series to some extent but I never thought of it in terms of the pilot episode/Jack before. Hmmm.

Matt
04-30-2008, 06:25 AM
Me neither--great theory.

I have always wondered how Jack just ended up there in the jungle. The scene (thinking back on it) is almost exactly like what happened to Ben.

Ricky
04-30-2008, 01:26 PM
I just recently read that when Ben is shown in the Sahara (was that the name?), he had vapor rising from him. What's up with that?

The producers said that it's a "clue" for us. If that's the case, I'm not getting it. The only thing that comes to my mind when they said vapor, was smoke. Smoke--smoke monster? I'm not sure.

RUBE
04-30-2008, 03:11 PM
I just recently read that when Ben is shown in the Sahara (was that the name?), he had vapor rising from him. What's up with that?

The producers said that it's a "clue" for us. If that's the case, I'm not getting it. The only thing that comes to my mind when they said vapor, was smoke. Smoke--smoke monster? I'm not sure.

Maybe the vapors were just a sign of how cold the place he "teleported" from was, sort of like you see from really cold things like dry ice or liquid nitrogen when introduced to heat. Remember that he was wearing that really thick jacket.

Also, I am not sure about the Jack reliving his experience on the island but now that you mention it the scene was similar to when Desmond woke up from his first trip back to the past (except for the being naked part).

Ricky
04-30-2008, 03:19 PM
It was almost identical to the one that showed Ben in this past episode.

Mattrick
05-01-2008, 05:55 PM

He had a winter coat on.

There were people in Antartica or someplace cold who talked with Penny when The Swan blew at the end of season two.

I imagine that was where Ben came from.

Mattrick
05-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Oh what is Christian actually alive? I've always had a feeling he was but never was sure. He was dressed differently if I remember, just a brown shirt instead of the whole suit we've seen him in on island.

I've always thought Christian may have had a past history with the island himself, especially with him hanging out in Jacob's cabin. We see Jack stressing now and we know the island eventually haunts it. Could this same issue have plagued his father. Which is why Jack could never understand why his father was that way.

I guess we'll find out eventually.

Bev Vincent
05-02-2008, 02:29 AM
I wouldn't assume Christian is any more alive than Charlie or the Dharma guy who is shown in the trailer for next week saying he's been dead for 12 years

Nerak
05-02-2008, 02:58 AM
woo hoo We get to see Jacob next week!! SWEET!! Interesting that he's been dead for 12 years yet they are talking to him!

Bev Vincent
05-02-2008, 05:44 AM
That's not Jacob -- that's the guy who encouraged Ben's father to come work on the island. He was killed during the purge -- dead on the bench. (Played by the actor who was Percy in The Green Mile)

Matt
05-02-2008, 06:17 AM
Bear with me here because its just a weird feeling I have and the "dead" people don't add into it at all (except in the case that they may actually be alive)

I'm starting to get a vibe on this thing that it might be like a classic Star Trek TNG episode called "Yesterday's Enterprise". Basically the crew encountered a time rift and accidentally saved the Enterprise C (I believe) from being destroyed. The only problem was that it was supposed to be destroyed defending the Klingon home land and that was what lead to the truce. Since it was not--every thing changed. Only Whoopie Goldberg knew :lol:

And...a formerly dead crew member was there (because she didn't really die). They had to "go back" and put it right to restore the time line.

...its just a theory. But is there a chance that this whole thing is really wrong? They should have all died and didn't because someone changed the time line before this all started?

CRinVA
05-02-2008, 06:29 AM
I loved the episode, but was disappointed to see that it appears that most of the Freighter mercenaries appeared to have survived Smokey! And it also appears that Rousseau (spelling?) is really dead. I guess with Alex dead there is no longer a need for her character! I really liked her too!

How about Miles telling Sawyer that he knew Claire walked off into the woods with "Daddy" but did nothing because of Sawyers "restraining order!"

And Jin busts Charlotte by figuring out that she understands his language! His threat to her sounded like the old Jin that worked for Sun's father!

Last but not least - the island has these great healing traits, BUT Jack gets appendicitus!

Mattrick
05-02-2008, 12:37 PM
I wouldn't assume Christian is any more alive than Charlie or the Dharma guy who is shown in the trailer for next week saying he's been dead for 12 years

I don't pay much attention to podcasts and such but I know some stuff said about death and christian. They say everyone on the show that has died is dead. But Christian is dead in a way that the audience doesn't understand yet.

I've always theorized Christian faked his death, paid the psychic to put Claire on that plane and made sure Jack was on it by means of the body. It's too coincidental that Jack/Claire/Christian all end up on the same island. No body in Christians coffin and I know Yemi's body or whatever disappeared but the only person who ever saw Yemi was Eko. Jack, Vincent, Claire and Miles have all seen him. Like come on, Whidmore can fake a whole plane crash, dig up 323 bodies and do all this crazy shit but some people think I'm 'outrageous' for thinking Christian could have faked his death. Christian had money and, if I'm right about him having a past history with Dharma and the island, he knows people. Perhaps he even knows Whidmore himself.

Ricky
05-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Last night's episode was alright, but didn't reveal anything too fascinating. However, more questions are now added into the mix.

Until last night, I had hopes that Rousseau might still be alive...now I see that's not true and that mad me very mad. I wanted more Rousseau, dammit! Now, except for Ben, the whole little Rousseau family is just about gone.

What's the deal with Claire? I found it odd that she just left her baby in the jungle. I do believe, however, that she went with Christian to Jacob's cabin and they are staying there. Now, why are they staying there? Next week's episode is called "Cabin Fever" and will explore the whole thing with the cabin so I'm pretty excited for that one.

Finally, if the island heals its inhabitants, why did Jack get sick?

On a side note, I'm with Matt...Keamy needs to die a horrible death!!

tippy4
05-02-2008, 07:09 PM
I am in agreement that last night's episode was rather hum-drum. Especially when compared the the previous weeks outstanding episode.

And hey, how did three of those guys survive Smokey's wrath?

I too was holding my breath hoping Rouseau was still alive....but I think that ship has sailed.

And yes Matt, it was the Enterprise "C". Great episode of TNG...which set the stage for several other good episodes with Tasha Yar's daughter.

I think you may have something there with that theory. I want to believe that someone will be able to pull a "Quantum Leap" and put right the things that went wrong. We have seen the future and it does not look pretty. Claire dead (maybe). Jack a suicidal pill-popper. Hurley in the nut house. Jin is dead. (maybe). Ben's daughter is dead. Sayid's wife murdered...which drives him to become an assassin. Not exactly happy stuff.

NeverAgain
05-03-2008, 09:06 AM
Interesting theory Matt, but unlikely unless you can beef it up a bit. Why not kill Ethan when he first meets him? Why not let the other survivors in on the time loop?

It's interesting how these 'ghosts' show up when the survivors are at their weakest. Christian shows up at Jack's weakest. Charlie shows up at Hurley's weakest. The Island shows up at Locke's weakest. Emily shows up at Ben's weakest. Did I forget anybody?

Let's says space-time is a train. Each stop is a person's destiny. The characters of Lost are the passengers, engineer, conductor, etc. Some characters have jobs to do to keep it going. Maybe Locke's job is to keep shovelling coal into the furnace. What happens when he's out of coal? The train could stop. He fills out a work order (fate) to get more coals. I don't know. Just an analogy I thought of. Reminds me of Locke's airport vision in Further Instructions.

Mattrick
05-03-2008, 11:02 PM
I think you may have something there with that theory. I want to believe that someone will be able to pull a "Quantum Leap" and put right the things that went wrong. We have seen the future and it does not look pretty. Claire dead (maybe). Jack a suicidal pill-popper. Hurley in the nut house. Jin is dead. (maybe). Ben's daughter is dead. Sayid's wife murdered...which drives him to become an assassin. Not exactly happy stuff.

That's because they left the island. As Rose said 'here people get better' Notice how everyone began working out their internal issues and problems on the island? Jack et all leave the island and soon their life becomes horrible. Just a coincidence? Sun with without Jin, Hurley is in the mental hospotal, Jack gets addicted to pills, Kate ends up alone raising someone elses baby and Sayid loses Nadia and ends up working for Ben.

I do pretty much know that everyone who gets off the island is off by this seasons end. We know Sun needs to get off and Jin just made it happen, Claire is missing and left the baby, Sayid is already off the island. We're just not sure how Jack/Kate/Hurley come to get off. I'm sure we'll know, though.

Old Man Splitfoot
05-04-2008, 05:32 PM
That's not Jacob -- that's the guy who encouraged Ben's father to come work on the island. He was killed during the purge -- dead on the bench. (Played by the actor who was Percy in The Green Mile)

I could have sworn that was Ben's dad himself, not the guy that recruited him. But I haven't watched much of season 3 in a while. I should go back and rewatch that episode.

CRinVA
05-05-2008, 08:31 AM

I could have sworn that was Ben's dad himself, not the guy that recruited him. But I haven't watched much of season 3 in a while. I should go back and rewatch that episode.

I read a Lost theory this weekend in the newest Entertainment Weekly that says Claire is dead and that she is a ghost. Think about it. The theory is that she really did die in the cabin explosion when the freighter bad guys were attacking. Sawyer saved a ghost! Why else would she walk off into the woods with Christian (Daddy) without taking baby Aaron with her. And for sure we know that Aaron left the island as one of hte Oceanic six but Claire did not. I think its a plausible theory!

And a comment about Rousseau being dead. It pissed me off that it looks pretty much like her character is DEAD for real! But then I got to thinking about it. Since her daughter is dead, there is no other reason to keep her around!

Bev Vincent
05-05-2008, 09:45 AM
That's an intriguing theory. I'd have to cogitate over it for a bit. My first question is have any of the known dead been able to interact with physical objects to any great extent? Claire carried Aaron, for example. Is there a precedent for a dead person being able to do something like that on LOST?

Mattrick
05-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Bev, that is exactly why I think Christian is alive. He was holding Aaron and wearing different clothes than we'd seen him wear on the island and when Jack sees him off island.

I think the theory that Claire is dead is pretty bogus. Seems like a real stretching of things. That would mean that Sawyer has an inclination to see dead people a la Ben and Hurley and Miles. I just can't see that as part of his character. Since we don't know what Claire/Christian talked about, we've no way to know why she left Aaron. I'm sure we'll find out though. What is for certain is that Aaron is very important in the grand scale of things. There is a reason why Claire is supposed to raise her and only her. For all we know, Christian made sure she couldn't raise him for whatever reasons.

Matt
05-05-2008, 02:00 PM
As far as my theory goes, they would all be alive. Like Tasha Yar.

In an alternate future, people don't have to be dead, not even Charlie.

But that doesn't mean he doesn't know that he is supposed to be. :panic:

Old Man Splitfoot
05-08-2008, 02:12 AM
I totally deny any rumor that Claire is dead. Not just because she's supercute, but she's probably one of my favorite characters. I want to beleive that Christian came to her last week because she needs to stay on the island for some reason, and Aaron needs off; which is why Kate ends up adopting him when they reach the real world. Claire isn't dead, damnit! When Charlie died, I said I'd stop watching the show when Claire and Hurley die, I don't want to have to do that.

Nerak
05-08-2008, 05:26 AM
tonight
tonight
tonight

:panic:
:panic:

Ricky
05-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Woo! It's time for 'Cabin Fever' tonight!!

T-H-U-R-S-D-A-Y....NIGHT!

RUBE
05-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Lost is getting crazy and I like it!

Examples:
the ageless Alpert; stoned, maybe-dead Claire just chilling with her dead dad; people being told about their death before it happens (boat doctor); and the big one: "We have to move the island."

Nerak
05-09-2008, 01:09 AM
great epi...what I got to see of it.

Claire and Daddy hanging out...
The dr really getting killed.
Frank dropping the phone thing to the beachies

Best part of all..."He wants us to move the island"

How, in all bloody blue hell, are they supposed to be able to do that???????

Bev Vincent
05-09-2008, 02:32 AM
Yeah, that closing line was a knockout.

I loved the shot of Hurley and Ben eating a candy bar, for some reason.

Matt
05-09-2008, 05:04 AM
I was coming in to say that scene was really good. They looked like kids to me...I think that's what made it so appealing.

CRinVA
05-09-2008, 05:07 AM
At least twice Ben looked really frightened didn't he. And we still don't know who Jacob is!

Alpert the ageless!

Not only were the original Hostiles after John Locke at a young age (Dr Alpert), so was Widmore with Michael Abaddon!

The plot thickens ever so much more!

I was a bit shocked when

Keamy killed (freighter) Captain Gault! I just want to know who takes Keamy down! I'm hoping for Smokey!

And Hooray for Frank the helo pilot! Still want to know what his agenda is!

Michael cannot die (at least not yet - remember a few episodes ago he was told that the island would not let him die by Tom when they were off island), as Keamy's gun fails to work!

Oh yeah, and who is left on the freighter with Desmond and Michael? Keamy and his mercenaries are on the helicopter, while Sayid is on the speed boat trying to rescue the Beach Losties. We know he makes it off the island, while Desmond is on the freighter and we have no idea what happens to him other than he never wants to set foot on the island again after being there for three years!

Nerak
05-09-2008, 05:12 AM
Is next week the season finale?

CRinVA
05-09-2008, 05:46 AM
Is next week the season finale?

Next week's episode is There is no place like home, Pt 1

so I suspect not - I thought I read that the season finale was 2 hours long and the previews show next week as an hour long episode! I also thought there was a one week gap between the second to last and the last episodes for Season 4.

OK Just checked and there is a There is no place like home, Pt 2 orig scheduled for May 29th.

Bev Vincent
05-09-2008, 05:59 AM
Yeah, one hour next week and then two hours two weeks after that. Also, I just learned that seasons 5 and 6 will each be 17 hours instead of 16, to give them the full 48 hours they wanted to wind up the show.

Also, as far as Ben showing fear: I don't take anything he does or says or implies at face value. He is a master at deception and showing his emotions so rawly is probably just another way of manipulating people.

As for the freighter: I think it will sink after it is struck by the island when it moves! ;)

CRinVA
05-09-2008, 06:03 AM
Yeah, one hour next week and then two hours two weeks after that. Also, I just learned that seasons 5 and 6 will each be 17 hours instead of 16, to give them the full 48 hours they wanted to wind up the show.

Also, as far as Ben showing fear: I don't take anything he does or says or implies at face value. He is a master at deception and showing his emotions so rawly is probably just another way of manipulating people.

As for the freighter: I think it will sink after it is struck by the island when it moves! ;)

What was I thinking - of course you are probably right about Ben! But who was he really putting a show on for - Hurley - maybe.

And you rtheory - that would be pretty awesome especially if they cared to actually show it!

Bev Vincent
05-09-2008, 07:20 AM
Hurley is one of the O6, so it would be in Ben's best interests not to show all his cards to him. I still love that little smirk he held back after he hooked Sayeed into becoming his assassin.

Nerak
05-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Yeah, Ben is the master manipulator.

Can't wait to see what happens to the freighter.

But I am NOT looking forward to summer :(

tippy4
05-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Not a great episode...but a good one.

I was annoyed by Claire acting all happy or stoned or brainwashed. I mean hello, you left your baby in the jungle! At least wipe the grin off of your face.

So, is Richard Alpert immortal or a time traveler?

In that flashback (and it is worth noting that there were NO flash forwards in this episode) where Locke is a teen and is offered a chance to attend Alpert's "science camp" ...what was the name of the camp, and was it an anagram for something?

Finally, my theory on Alpert "testing" Locke as a young boy asking him "which items belong to you" is that some of those items would ONE DAY belong to Locke, and he wanted to know if John had a "temporal sense" to know that.

Just my theory.

Matt
05-09-2008, 08:10 AM
I think you nailed it tippy--things that would one day belong to him.

This is all about time and when you start dealing with it, pretty much all bets are off imo.

I just can't fit "moving the island" into my theory but it could be a metaphor for basically fucking up Whitmores chances of finding it by traveling into the past. But what could that change?

I really feel like the "present" we are watching is as fluid as the amount of people that can go back, from a different timeline perspective of course.

Ricky
05-09-2008, 11:58 AM
I really enjoyed last night's episode. I'm glad that they finally showed Christian in the cabin instead of just a figure hiding in the shadows.

What's the deal with Claire--she's definitely not herself. It seems like she's possessed or something. On the topic of Jacob's cabin, WHERE is Jacob?

Finally (though a small part, I feel it's one of the most important of last night's episode) did anyone else besides me notice the topic of the picture that little Locke drew? It was the spitting image of the smoke monster attacking someone. I think that's very interesting

Bev Vincent
05-09-2008, 12:58 PM
Richard saw the drawing for what it was, which made him hope that he had found one of his promising children.

I wonder if Abbadon, the guy who put Locke's wheel chair at the top of the staircase, is Jacob. He spoke as if he might be.

MonteGss
05-09-2008, 01:03 PM
I wonder if Abbadon, the guy who put Locke's wheel chair at the top of the staircase, is Jacob. He spoke as if he might be.

This had crossed my mind also Bev. :thumbsup:

Matt
05-09-2008, 01:11 PM
That guys scares the shit out of me for some reason...:ninja:

Ricky
05-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Me too!! He looks dead for some reason. Like he shouldn't be there or something.

NeverAgain
05-09-2008, 02:10 PM
I agree with Matt about the context of "moving" the island. Moving it to a different time could essentially make it disappear in the present.

After tonights episode, I believe Alpert is in the Captain's chair. Who knows, he may be Jacob.

I may be too nitpicky, but I'll mention it anyway, just in case it's a clue. How does John have a flashback to before he was born? Has a flashback ever been without the character?

Nerak
05-09-2008, 02:53 PM
Richard saw the drawing for what it was, which made him hope that he had found one of his promising children.

Isn't he the guy who arranged the freighter people. The four that first went to the island?

RUBE
05-09-2008, 04:47 PM
I agree with Matt about the context of "moving" the island. Moving it to a different time could essentially make it disappear in the present.

After tonights episode, I believe Alpert is in the Captain's chair. Who knows, he may be Jacob.

I may be too nitpicky, but I'll mention it anyway, just in case it's a clue. How does John have a flashback to before he was born? Has a flashback ever been without the character?

Well obviously there are no set rules for the "flashbacks." We saw Ben being born in his flashback and the first girl from the freighter (her name escapes me at the moment) had a flashback after she was dead. Locke's flashback reminds me a lot of Ben's actually, with their births, childhoods, and early recruitment by ageless Alpert. Maybe this is intentional since Locke is seems to be replacing Ben.

Mattrick
05-10-2008, 01:09 AM
Christian is alive.

For whatever reason Claire left Aaron behind. Funny how Claire was going to give Aaron up for adoption to a family in LA and sure enough that's exactly where he winds up. I think Christian knew it would all happen this way, knew about the Oceanic Six.

The item Locke had to pick was that glass jar full of sand. That is the same sand that lined Jacob's cabin. However, knife was the correct choice...just not in Alperts eyes.

The same company that ran the Science Camp hired Juliet.

I thought the plan was
S4 - 13 episodes
S5 - 19 episodes
S6 - 16 episodes
?

tippy4
05-10-2008, 09:52 AM

John did not have the flash back. We did. We are given glimpses of the characters past so we can better understand them.

Isn't he the guy who arranged the freighter people. The four that first went to the island?

Yes, he is. So that implies he works for Charles Whidmore. He also visited Hurley in the institution.

We saw Ben being born in his flashback and the first girl from the freighter (her name escapes me at the moment) had a flashback after she was dead.

Her name was Naomi.

Spencer
05-10-2008, 05:50 PM
That guys scares the shit out of me for some reason...:ninja:

Yeah, he's always happy, and it always seems to be about someone else's impending misfortune.

Darkthoughts
05-12-2008, 03:47 AM
How come you guys got Cabin Fever already? We won't get it until this coming Sunday here, last nights ep was Something Nice Back Home - so, I've tried not to read anything posted about Cabin Fever - and I'm making comments on the eps discussed below from that viewpoint...feel free to point out I'm wrong :P

And btw, Mattrick, I'm so tempted to sig this in the likely event you may never utter it again :lol:
I agree with Lisa

On to business. I was sort of surprised at everyones surprise over the fact that Ben is time travelling/teleporting, as I thought all this stuff with the white rabbits, Des, Eloise was paving the way for this very thing - I was waiting for it to happen, rather than waiting to see if it would happen.

In a nutshell, I believe that Jack does get back on the island (by time travel) and is re-living his whole island experience to change something that he felt terrible about on the island.
I really like this - not sure if I think its the way it'll all pan out, but it definately goes along with the theory that the crux of Lost is some kind of DT hommage (as this scenario is very much like Roland's loop).

Until last night, I had hopes that Rousseau might still be alive...now I see that's not true and that mad me very mad. I wanted more Rousseau, dammit!
Podcast spoiler! A while back Damon and Carlton said that season 5 will have Rousseau flashbacks, or at least, flashbacks with Rousseau in - so fear not!

Finally, if the island heals its inhabitants, why did Jack get sick?
I think this is a really important point. The island must either be trying to keep Jack from leaving or trying to kill him. Its like Ben's tumour...why did Ben also get sick?

We're just not sure how Jack/Kate/Hurley come to get off. I'm sure we'll know, though.
Its obviously going to be fraught however it happens, Jack said to Kate in this weeks UK episode, "I'm the one who saved you!" when they were talking about this "thing" shes doing for Sawyer in the flashforward (which, for the record I'd imagine is something to do with Clementine and Cassidy.)

Ricky
05-12-2008, 11:47 AM
As for the Rousseau flashbacks...bring 'em on!!

Mattrick
05-15-2008, 07:22 PM
Pretty decent episode. Not a lot happened but it set up everything that will happen in the 2 hour finale in two weeks. So we finally get to see what the Orchid is next week, which will be awesome.

It's about time we saw Alpert and the rest of the others.

I think I know what Ben's plan is. The others will show up with Kate and Sayid to The Orchid to take down Keamy and Co. Locke is going down to move the island, if that is the place they move it. It seems that The Other's 'Temple' is in close proximity to The Orchid station, perhaps just in case a scenario like this were to ever happen.

I wonder what is going to happen to Jin and I wonder if, perhaps, he is going to die now. Afterall, Faraday dropped of Jin, Sun, Aaron along with random extra Losties, who I'm sure will die. I guess we'll have to see what happens.

MonteGss
05-15-2008, 07:24 PM
I will be pretty sad if Jin and Desmond die.
I agree, it was a pretty good episode though I'm not too keen on waiting two weeks for the finale.

towerguard
05-15-2008, 07:48 PM
fuck fuck fuck, I missed it again...

*waits until midnight*

Nerak
05-16-2008, 05:21 AM
I am happy that they are finally moving things along and letting us in...but I am wondering where the hell they are going to go if they get the Oceanic 6 off the Island at the end of this season...spend the last three with them trying to get back????

Woofer
05-16-2008, 05:56 AM
Sawyer better live.

Nerak
05-16-2008, 07:41 AM
His hotness is appreciated...:rock:

streetbudz
05-16-2008, 08:15 AM
I loved the scene where Sun finally put her father in his place and took over the company. Great payoff.

Bev Vincent
05-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I thought from the lead-up to that scene that someone had embezzled money from the company. The Oceanic payoff to the O6 must have been huge!

Nerak
05-16-2008, 08:48 AM
That was cool. It was about time someone put that man in his place! LOL

streetbudz
05-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Jacks mom? Is this the first time she has been mentioned? I don't remember her even being brought up before.

Bev Vincent
05-16-2008, 09:55 AM
She was in the S1 episode White Rabbit where Jack finds out that his father is in Australia. She's played by Veronica Hamel of Hill Street Blues fame.

Ricky
05-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Wow. Last night was one of my favorite LOST episodes out of the entire series--it was AMAZING! :excited:

I was thrilled that we finally got to see The Orchid and its location. I thought it was interesting that Daniel had the DHARMA Orchid logo in his journal. I can't wait to see how that plays out (time travel again?).

What are everyone's thoughts on the explosives on the freighter and the "thing" that was appearing on the radar? That's some interesting stuff right there.

It was such a great episode that I'm going to need to watch it again. Like a previous poster said, this episode really set us up for a great finale!

Why must we wait until the 29th?! :panic:

Bev Vincent
05-16-2008, 01:24 PM
I think the explosives on the freighter are connected to the gizmo on Keamy's arm.

Mattrick
05-16-2008, 01:25 PM
Wow. Last night was one of my favorite LOST episodes out of the entire series--it was AMAZING! :excited:

In Canada the preview said this episode would be THE MOST POWERFUL HOUR OF TELEVISION ALL SEASON which it really wasn't. I was expecting more with a recommendation like that. It was good, but watching it a second time...nothing happened.

I was thrilled that we finally got to see The Orchid and its location. I thought it was interesting that Daniel had the DHARMA Orchid logo in his journal. I can't wait to see how that plays out (time travel again?).

Well, we haven't seen the Orchid yet, that's next episode when John goes down.

Faraday has it in his notebook because he researches the Kasamir effect, which is what the Orchid station is about. The Kasamir Effect would explain the sickness that plagues Desmond and Mienkowski.

My theory is that Whidmore knows about Faraday and probably even funds his research. Upon knowing about Desmond and being told he ends up on an Island I'm sure along the way Faraday learned all about Dharma and what they were doing. Whidmore actually used Desmond and his role in everything (knowing he was on a boat, what day he appeared on it etc) in order to find the island and get on it. I don't think Whidmore was surprised in the least to see him at the auction in The Constant. On top of that, why would he actually co-operate giving him Penny's address? It's so he can fnid the island etc in the future.

What are everyone's thoughts on the explosives on the freighter and the "thing" that was appearing on the radar? That's some interesting stuff right there.

Explosives are what that thing on Keamy's arm is for. It's a failsafe, in case anything happens he can blow the freighter. I think the thing on the radar was either simple interference due to:

a - The island
b - something Keamy set up
c - Dharma's Shark

It was such a great episode that I'm going to need to watch it again. Like a previous poster said, this episode really set us up for a great finale!

Mattrick
05-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Last night I figured something out. What happened to Rousseau's people.

The didn't follow the exact bearing of 305...somehow she wasn't affected the rest of them experienced what happened to Desmond until they died. I can almost guarantee it.

NeverAgain
05-16-2008, 02:20 PM
My theory is that Whidmore knows about Faraday and probably even funds his research. Upon knowing about Desmond and being told he ends up on an Island I'm sure along the way Faraday learned all about Dharma and what they were doing. Whidmore actually used Desmond and his role in everything (knowing he was on a boat, what day he appeared on it etc) in order to find the island and get on it. I don't think Whidmore was surprised in the least to see him at the auction in The Constant. On top of that, why would he actually co-operate giving him Penny's address? It's so he can fnid the island etc in the future.

I've been following the "Widmore knows Desmond" notion for awhile now. I'm still convinced Desmond's "Lift it up" message to Jack is still a crucial element in the series. It would be interesting to see an episode of Jack revisiting this moment, and hearing this message again from Desmond, and using it to save everybody.

My favorite moment was when Sun let her father know that she owned the company now. So who do you guys think the other person is that is responsible for Jin's "death"?

The preview to this episode suggested that we would see the actual rescue. Then they spent the entire episode splitting the Oceanic Six up. It was crazy!!

Ricky
05-16-2008, 02:25 PM
So who do you guys think the other person is that is responsible for Jin's "death"?

From the minute Sun said that, I've been thinking that it's Michael.

NeverAgain
05-16-2008, 02:29 PM
So who do you guys think the other person is that is responsible for Jin's "death"?

From the minute Sun said that, I've been thinking that it's Michael.

Friend of mine thinks the same thing. I'm still undecided.

RUBE
05-16-2008, 02:34 PM
I am betting it is someone on that boat that causes the explosives to go off that she is blaiming. Michael definitely fits. Also, I am wondering how she and Aaron get to join the other Oceanic Six. Based on the preview does Sawyer sacrifice his spot on the helicopter for her?

MonteGss
05-16-2008, 05:46 PM
I really enjoy it when somebody claims to be able to "guarantee" something concerning LOST. :lol: It'd be funny if we went back in the thread and counted the number of times we've all said something to that extent only to be SOOOOO off. :lol:

That's one of the reasons why I love this show...we really have no idea what we're talking about. :)

All of the talk about Jin and the explosives on the boat are making me really nervous because if Jin actually does die, that means in all likelihood Desmond is going to as well. This can't happen!!

tippy4
05-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I thought from the lead-up to that scene that someone had embezzled money from the company. The Oceanic payoff to the O6 must have been huge!

I thought that was ridiculous. But then I considered that she got TWO payoffs...one for her and one for Jin, but would it really be enough to take a controlling interest in her father's company?

Spencer
05-16-2008, 07:13 PM
I like last night's episode, how they left nothing certain. Every time I thought "Oh, so THAT'S how the 6 end up getting together, I can see it coming.", they did something to pull them farther apart on the island and separate them further.

NeverAgain
05-17-2008, 09:49 AM
I really enjoy it when somebody claims to be able to "guarantee" something concerning LOST. :lol: It'd be funny if we went back in the thread and counted the number of times we've all said something to that extent only to be SOOOOO off. :lol:

I used to frequently post at a Lost Forum, and as all do, it had a Theories thread. You post your own theories and others comment. I've got a couple from about the end of season one that are pretty funny to read now.:rofl:

NeverAgain
05-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Abrams has got a new series premiering this fall. It's called Fringe. Take a look at the cast (http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/fringe5.jpg). Does the man on the far left look familiar?:excited:

MonteGss
05-17-2008, 02:39 PM
Hmm. Why, yes, he does. I'm not sure what to think about that at the moment.

Darkthoughts
05-19-2008, 04:11 AM
So, is Richard Alpert immortal or a time traveler?
In Alpert (and possibly Abbadon's) case I'd say immortal - or something close to. The reason I don't think they time travelled was that, from what we saw of Ben travelling to meet Sayid the other week, the time travelling has not been perfected, or is by its nature imprecise...Ben had to check what date it was, he wasn't 100%.

I wonder if both Abbadon and Alpert are survivors of the Black Rock but have ended up working for opposing factions - Alpert for Ben, Abbadon for Widmore/Dharma.
It seems like each side wanted Locke on the island. Alpert tries to recruit him twice, with a look out to doing Ben's job (if indeed Alpert did not time travel, perhaps Locke was their first choice - as I assume Locke is older than Ben).
I think the objects he was meant to choose were just the sand and the compass - I think the sand was just sand from the island - not the more black/grey ash type sand round Jacob's cabin. The compass also alludes to the precise co-ordinates that must be followed to get there. I think it was more a psychological test, to see if the island spoke to Locke. When he picked the knife - at first I thought Alpert was cross because he then presumed he'd been mistaken about Locke's talent and that he'd picked the items randomly...but when you get to the scene with Abbadon and Locke...well, now I'm thinking the knife is symbolic to Widmore/Dharma and that thats what pissed Alpert off.

What am I talking about? Well, Abbadon plants the seed in Locke's mind that he should go on a walkabout in Australia. He says "it is just you and a knife." And Locke did have that case full of knives when he first arrived...maybe Alpert saw it as a sign that Locke was neither of the random or the purpose (to use an SK analogy), but a wild card open to either side (like Ed Deepneau).

I wonder if Ben and Widmore's relationship mirrors that of Locke and Jack's...a man of faith (Ben) and a man of science (Widmore)?

Alpert's "science camp" ...what was the name of the camp, and was it an anagram for something?
Mittelos, its the same company that recruited Juliet and is an anagram of "time lost" or "lost time".

razz
05-21-2008, 05:11 AM
i missed the end of season two, and haven't watched it lately, so now,
I...am...LOST.

tippy4
05-21-2008, 05:27 PM
I wonder if both Abbadon and Alpert are survivors of the Black Rock but have ended up working for opposing factions - Alpert for Ben, Abbadon for Widmore/Dharma.

Now you are implying that Widmore and Dharma are in league with each other, and I do not believe that is the case.

Furthermore, where are the off-island Dharma people? In season two we saw a food drop from the Dharma inititive (for the occupant of The Swan). Why don't the Dharma people on the mainland know that everyone is dead?

By the way, I love your theory that Alpert and Abbadon are survivors of the Black Rock....very cool notion!

tippy4
05-21-2008, 08:10 PM
OK, so I was just watching the "enhanced version" of the episode in which John Locke is born (Cabin Fever is the title I think), and the little information ticker at the bottom of the screen makes a point of telling us that John's mother is named Emily...and so was Ben's mother.

Ben's mother died in child birth.

If I recall correctly, John's mother made contact with him when he was a young man working at a toy store. I think the actress was Swoosie Kurtz.

Anyhow....I am just wondering if they are trying to tell us that Ben and John are half-brothers? Is this possible?

I guess with LOST, anything is possible!

MonteGss
05-21-2008, 09:19 PM
My wife brought that up as well but if I remember correctly, the ages of the women and the years don't match up. I certainly hope they don't go that route though...that would be pretty weak, imo.

RUBE
05-22-2008, 03:55 PM
Unless Locke's mother time-traveled there is no way that she is also Ben's mother.

Matt
05-22-2008, 03:59 PM
That's a pretty big "unless" when you are talking LOST :lol:

Aballah
05-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Another week. I don't even want to think of the months that will follow...

Ricky
05-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Tell me about it. There's going to be a big void in my life during the summer. :(

vacant lot
05-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Big Lost fan since day one. Can't wait for the season ender.

Old Man Splitfoot
05-23-2008, 03:08 AM
Kinda off topic, but I decided to satisfy this week's craving for Lost by renting the game, Lost: Via Domus. It's pretty mediocre; not much action, boring puzzles, only a few of the actors lent their voices, and it's not cannon. But I still plan on beating it before the rental period ends (from what I've read, it's short). Honestly, I should have just put on a random episode from the first three season DVD sets and called it good.

MonteGss
05-23-2008, 03:11 AM
Tell me about it. There's going to be a big void in my life during the summer. :(

I'll divide out the first 3 seasons of DVD all throughout June-December while waiting for season 4 to release. I'll watch that one just before the new season starts. It's the best I can do I'm afraid. :(

Old Man Splitfoot
05-23-2008, 03:23 AM

I'll divide out the first 3 seasons of DVD all throughout June-December while waiting for season 4 to release. I'll watch that one just before the new season starts. It's the best I can do I'm afraid. :(

June-December? Bah, you mean the whole season starting in February deal wasn't just a one time thing brought on by the writer's strike? I was really hoping to just have to wait till September or November.

MonteGss
05-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Nope. They were always planning on starting at the beginning of each year so they could show all the episodes with no breaks. As far as I know, that is indeed still the plan. I prefer it that way instead of having those obnoxious 3-4 "breaks" all the time.

Matt
05-23-2008, 05:08 AM
Big Lost fan since day one. Can't wait for the season ender.

I thought it was last night. :panic:

Totally forgot about the extra week, was all excited at work, made fast dinner...the whole bit.

Then my son tells me its not until next week :doh:

streetbudz
05-23-2008, 06:21 AM
Kinda off topic, but I decided to satisfy this week's craving for Lost by renting the game, Lost: Via Domus. It's pretty mediocre; not much action, boring puzzles, only a few of the actors lent their voices, and it's not cannon. But I still plan on beating it before the rental period ends (from what I've read, it's short). Honestly, I should have just put on a random episode from the first three season DVD sets and called it good.

For the most part I agree that this game was mediocre at best. It wasn't without it merits though. I enjoyed getting chased around by smokey and the wtf ending. I had it finished in two days.

Ricky
05-23-2008, 11:40 AM
So, how did everyone handle their withdraw last night. As for me, I didn't!!

Matt
05-23-2008, 01:11 PM
I went in the closet and cut myself a bit. :(

Ricky
05-23-2008, 01:49 PM
Are you sure that it wasn't LOST as much as it was getting over all the alcohol from last Saturday? :lol:

Spencer
05-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Just threw in "The Long Con", laughed at Jack and Locke, and drank a beer. :lol:

MonteGss
05-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Just threw in "The Long Con", laughed at Jack and Locke, and drank a beer. :lol:

That episode was f*cking great! :thumbsup:

Bev Vincent
05-24-2008, 09:38 AM
The Grey's Anatomy finale was a worthy stand-in.

Spencer
05-24-2008, 10:18 AM
I watched exactly one episode of that show. It started out with a doctor that had their hands stuck inside a patient's innards, unable to remove them lest they set off the bomb somehow implanted in the patient, and, after an hour of nothing, it ended exactly where it started, except now the main character's hands were stuck inside said innards. That was enough for me. :lol:

Spencer
05-24-2008, 10:20 AM

That episode was f*cking great! :thumbsup:

One of my all time favorites. :rock:

Ricky
05-24-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't recall that episode. I'm going to have to do a re-watch of some episodes.

Spencer
05-24-2008, 11:11 AM
I don't recall that episode. I'm going to have to do a re-watch of some episodes.

From the second season. It's the one where something happens to Sun, and the survivors are trying to decide how to react.

Ricky
05-25-2008, 06:44 AM
Oh okay, I remember now!

Aaron
05-25-2008, 07:36 AM
My theory is that the explosives are not going to hurt anyone from the island. It has become clear to me that once you have been on the island that you have to be on it to die. If not, then there will always be something to stop it. This was evidenced in Michael's flashback this season and also with Jack in last year's season finale. So...if you can't die off of the island once you've been there, the freighter is exactly what Ben said it was: "The safest place to be." But, in their fear--not knowing that they can't die--I am sure that they will all get their asses back in that raft and go back to the island, where they will be in real danger.

Aballah
05-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Aaron, that's a good theory. It also could be that you can't die until you've served your final purpose to the Island. Like Michael couldn't die because he needed to defend the Island from the freighter, and Jack couldn't die because he still has some unknown purpose (going back, perhaps?)

Spencer
05-26-2008, 07:27 AM
I think Jack's purpose is to annoy people, get them thinking, "I can do better than THAT jackass", and thus be inspired to serve THEIR purpose. :lol:

EDIT: Woohoo, now THERE'S a classic top of the page. :rofl:

MonteGss
05-26-2008, 07:29 AM
:lol:

Spencer
05-26-2008, 07:59 AM
and, in this week's TV guide, they've said there will be a scene between Jack and Locke that continues from their discussion of purpose and faith back in the 1st season that may just bear out what I said. :lol:

Also, they heavily alluded to the fact that we just may find out who's in that damn coffin.

MonteGss
05-26-2008, 12:11 PM
And we'll all see I was right! :lol:

(hopefully.... :crossing fingers: )

Darkthoughts
05-27-2008, 03:10 AM

Now you are implying that Widmore and Dharma are in league with each other, and I do not believe that is the case.
I totally think Widmore and Dharma are one and the same for business purposes.
Keemy's emergency measures file that he got out the safe had a Dharma logo on it.
The fact that Ben killed the Dharma workers gives a good reason for the enemity between Widmore and Ben.

My theory is that Widmore was a big Dharma funder like Hanso, and that after Ben killed the Dharma people on the island he then moved the island which is why Widmore has been searching for it ever since.
Theres obviously alot more to it, like how have Ben and Widmore come to strike their deal...but thats my general theory anyway ;)

Furthermore, where are the off-island Dharma people? In season two we saw a food drop from the Dharma inititive (for the occupant of The Swan). Why don't the Dharma people on the mainland know that everyone is dead?
I've been wondering for a while if the food drop isn't actually just coming from another part of the island, like a huge store.

I mean, with Ben, Alpert, Tom and Ethan et al all having been seen off the island, its possible they have an off island arrangement (if you imagine that their annihilation of Dharma was more far reaching than what they did on the island - perhaps they comandeered Dharma equipment and facilities off island too?) But at the same time, if they have a 'copter making drops over the island at regular intervals - why was the sub so important? Why doesn't Ben just hop on a chopper instead of handing himself in? etc.

I also still want to know what the run way Kate and Sawyer were helping build was for.

By the way, I love your theory that Alpert and Abbadon are survivors of the Black Rock....very cool notion!Cheers :D I've thought that for a while now - Abbadon was a more recent addition to my theory - but he fits really well.
If the ship was indeed a slave ship then it would provide another reason for Abbadon (who would no doubt have been one of the slaves being as it was the 1700/1800's and hes black) and Alpert (a slave trader) being on opposing sides...of course, thats just me speculating.

Glad you said that, I was curious to hear from someone who'd played it.

Ricky
05-27-2008, 01:58 PM
I now have the COOLEST (LOST) THING EVER! I love the inscription:

http://i30.tinypic.com/6rhrhi.jpg

Erin
05-27-2008, 01:59 PM
OMG! That's so cool!

Spencer
05-27-2008, 02:26 PM
That's AWESOME! :O

Darkthoughts
05-28-2008, 01:51 AM
That is excellent!! :cool: I looooove Hurley!!

CRinVA
05-28-2008, 05:43 AM
Tomorrow Night 5/29/08 - 9pm
Two Hour Season 4 Finale!
I can hardly wait!

Ricky
05-28-2008, 06:51 AM
They're also showing the first part of the finale from last week so we can watch all 3 parts in one sitting! I'm so freaking excited!! :panic:

Matt
05-28-2008, 06:55 AM
I seriously about to bust for this. Since I thought it was last week, this week has been especially grueling. :(

MonteGss
05-28-2008, 06:57 AM
I am super excited as well. I think this season has been really entertaining and I like the direction it has gone. It makes me more excited for the final 2 seasons. :D

Matt
05-28-2008, 06:58 AM
I agree, this season has brought me back to the fold full steam.

MonteGss
05-28-2008, 07:00 AM
Some people that I know have really been put off with this season. They cannot seem to believe this was the original direction the creators were intending to take the show. With "time travel" and "island shifting." *shrugs*

Not me though. It reminds me of how I felt when I watched The X-Files way back when. :D

Ricky
05-28-2008, 07:21 AM
I have to admit, the first couple episodes of season 4, I hated! Now it's shaping up to be one of my favorite seasons of LOST ever!

One...more...day. Just one...more...day. :panic:

Spencer
05-28-2008, 09:24 AM
Some people that I know have really been put off with this season. They cannot seem to believe this was the original direction the creators were intending to take the show. With "time travel" and "island shifting." *shrugs*

Not me though. It reminds me of how I felt when I watched The X-Files way back when. :D

I've loved the season, but I've been put off by the way that nothing fits together yet. You know it's gonna, but the first major piece of the overall puzzle is probably gonna be thrown at us all at once tomorrow night, and I'd rather have had it spread out over the season.

Darkthoughts
05-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah, I know what your saying there Spence! My husband and I were talking about it earlier and said pretty much the same.

I bought the season one box set today, ready for my withdrawal!

tippy4
05-29-2008, 07:54 AM
3 hours of LOST tonight!

Bring it on baby!

Ricky
05-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Holy freaking Flagg! I'm so EXCITED(ER)!!!!! I don't think I've ever been so excited for a TV show in my life before! :panic:

Only 3 more hours to go!! I'll be reading The Dark Tower until 8:00pm. :)

Nerak
05-29-2008, 07:06 PM
what the fuck :pullhair:
how could they end it like that
what the fuck :panic:
why do we have to wait until January
what the fuck :arg:
how the hell did Locke die off the Island
what the fuck :angry:
why does Ben want them back on the island
what the fuck :pullhair: :panic: :arg: :angry:
I still want to know how Ben (and now Locke) get off the island

ok, my rant is done, for now

Pissed to shit that we gotta wait until January for new shows.

But it was a great ending. :thumbsup:

Glad Sawyer made it back to the island. Did anyone hear what he said to Kate? I still want to know what the promise was

ok, time for bed for me now! LOL

RUBE
05-29-2008, 07:22 PM
what the fuck :pullhair:
how could they end it like that
what the fuck :panic:
why do we have to wait until January
what the fuck :arg:
how the hell did Locke die off the Island
what the fuck :angry:
why does Ben want them back on the island
what the fuck :pullhair: :panic: :arg: :angry:
I still want to know how Ben (and now Locke) get off the island

ok, my rant is done, for now

Pissed to shit that we gotta wait until January for new shows.

But it was a great ending. :thumbsup:

Glad Sawyer made it back to the island. Did anyone hear what he said to Kate? I still want to know what the promise was

ok, time for bed for me now! LOL

We saw how Ben got off the island. He was transported to Tunisia (and a few months/years later) when he moved the island. And I am pretty sure that Sawyer wants Kate to make sure his child (Clementine, if I remember correctly) is ok. As for Locke I wonder if moving him to the island will have the same effect it had on Christian Shepard (and possible Claire). I bet Locke leaves the island to get the others back and fix things which is also what Ben is trying to now do.

BTW, did the island basically say to Michael, "Thanks for doing dirty work. Now you can die. Bitch."?

Also, about Christian:Does anyone really think he is still alive and just faking? I don't think so! He is just the second in command in Jacob's "ghost" posse which is rapidly increasing in size (Christian, Claire, Dharma guy, Charlie, Eko?, and now Locke?)

Erin
05-29-2008, 08:06 PM
BTW, did the island basically say to Michael, "Thanks for doing dirty work. Now you can die. Bitch."?

:rofl: :rofl: I so thought that too.

Great episode tonight!

-Loved the fight between Sayid and the freighter dude.
-Sun's scream = heartwrenching.
-Hurley playing chess with Mr. Eko....creepy.
-Ben running around throwing metal stuff into the chamber while Locke watches the video telling him not too...:lol:

sarah
05-29-2008, 10:14 PM
seriously?

John in the coffin? WTF!
So John gets off the Island to come back and tell them that everything went to shit when they left and now they have to come back to make it right and then John "commits suicide"? I thought the island wouldn't/couldn't let you die?

Grrr Arrrgg

I'm glad they did the two parts in one night. I don't think I could've handled another week wait to find out.

So glad that Desmond finally found Penny.

Spencer
05-30-2008, 04:59 AM
What a finale. Kinda disjointed in some places, and, as an Alias fan, I thought the blatant reuse of the "shoot the nitrogen on the bomb to slow the countdown, all the while knowing that whoever does the nitrogen shooting is gonna die" plot was VERY lazy, but, hey, if that repitition of events from Alias opens a wormhole to the island that Jennifer Garner falls through in a ripped up T-shirt and Daisy Dukes, I'm all for it. :lol:

I cheered when when we saw who was on the boat that found the lifeboat.

That coffin reveal at the end, WOW. Very well built up, and a great payoff.

Bev Vincent
05-30-2008, 06:17 AM
I'm pretty sure Sawyer's whisper to Kate had to do with the errands we see her running off-island. he probably asked her to check up on his daughter, which is what pissed Jack off about her errands.

Did you see the two alternate endings they filmed to guard against leaks? One had Sawyer in the coffin and the other had Desmond

CRinVA
05-30-2008, 06:36 AM
All I can say is WOW and WTF - now the long wait till January!

In Summary:

Huyrley plays chess with invisible Mr. Eko
Walt visits Hurley - it's sad!
Desmond re-unites with Pennelope!
Sawyer calling Frank (the Chopper Pilot) Kenny Rogers!! :-)
Juliet getting drunk on the beach as the Freighter goes up in smoke, as Sawyer swims ashore - perhaps they become an item!
Keamy is hard to kill, but he still bites the dust by an enraged Ben
Locke gets to lead The Others
Sun's scream is powerful beyond words
Frank wants 200 lbs more off the helocopter and Sawyer jumps after whispering to Kate - what did he say????
Sun meets Whitmore - what's up with that - Sun plays hardball????
Locke = Jeremy = DEAD
Looks like Jin and Michael get blown to pieces??? Jin's English is superb!
Shephard tells Michael he can go now - I think he releases him to death!
Claire (dead?) does not want Aaron back on the Island
Kate tells Aaron she is sorry - is she bringing Aaron to the island
The island disappears - awesome! Is this when Ben is time/space travelled to the desert? Same clothes, same injury!
Ben filling the chamber with metallic items while Locke watches the Dharma video saying to never put metal in the chamber - priceless
Ben telling Locke "yes, its about the rabbit and time travel" - priceless
Dr. Alpert still the same age!
Mercenaries never had a chance
Ben wants all island escapees to return, including the dead Locke
Sayid rescues Hurley, but says no to returning to the isalnd - was he lying?
Knowing how the Oceanic Six made it to civilization!!!!!

I am sure I missed some salient points, but now have 6+ months to ponder! :-)

Nerak
05-30-2008, 06:45 AM
It was a most incredable show!!!

That blew me away when Hurley talked to Mr Eko.

I can't wait to find out what Sawyer whispered to Kate.

I hope he and Juliette don't become an item...yuck!!!

Sun's scream was heart wrenching..

Penny finding Desmond!! AWSOME!!!!!!!

Matt
05-30-2008, 07:13 AM
I love Desmond and Penny--great stuff and I can't decided if I wanted them or Jin and Sun more but there you go.

I think the all have to "go back" together because that's exactly what it is. You can't go into the past with only a couple of people who where there.

My favorite line...

Ben: "Time traveling bunnies? Yes, that's exactly what it is"

Spencer
05-30-2008, 09:46 AM
Did you see the two alternate endings they filmed to guard against leaks? One had Sawyer in the coffin and the other had Desmond

allegedly, they were going to show these on Good Morning America today. I tivoed it, and I'll have to check it when I get home from work.

Spencer
05-30-2008, 09:50 AM
I can't wait to find out what Sawyer whispered to Kate.

I'm of a different opinion than most. I think Sawyer's WAY too smart, and too good of a con, not to have a lot of money stashed away. I think that instead of the "check on my daughter" business most people are thinking, I think it's more like "make sure she gets all that money so she'll be set for life."

Matt
05-30-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure how that's possible, even if he survived what happened on the boat. The Island is "gone".

Bev Vincent
05-30-2008, 12:34 PM
But so is the mini-island, too, the one with they hydra station, which was a long way off the coast of LOST island. So the event horizon must have been fairly large, which means that Daniel and his boat, and perhaps Jin too, could have been carried away with the island.

streetbudz
05-30-2008, 12:59 PM
But so is the mini-island, too, the one with they hydra station, which was a long way off the coast of LOST island. So the event horizon must have been fairly large, which means that Daniel and his boat, and perhaps Jin too, could have been carried away with the island.

If you look closely at the freighter right before it blows up Jin is no longer on the deck. I think he is still alive. Michael is dead for sure though.

Matt
05-30-2008, 01:05 PM

That is very true and I totally forgot about Daniel and the folks in the skiff until just now. :doh:

Great set up for next season!!

Nerak
05-30-2008, 01:10 PM
IN JANUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ugh

Ricky
05-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Great season finale! I was totally blown away by how excellent it turned out to be! I really liked that it started off EXACTLY where season 3 left off--that was too cool. Although some questions have been answered (thank God!), some new ones have come into play.

• Where/when did the Island go?
- I think further back in time
• Why does Miles decide to stay on the island?
• What is Charlotte's previous experience with the island?
• How is the frozen donkey wheel able to transport the Island?
- Duh, Ben used the wheel to steer it away.
• How does Locke die?
• How did Locke get off the island?
• Why must Locke's body and the Oceanic 6 return to the island?
• Where does Sayid take Hurley?
• What "bad things" happened after the Oceanic Six left the island?
- This has got to be one of the questions that I want answered most!
• What happened to Faraday and those on the raft? Were they “taken” with the island?
- I think it's quite possible that they were taken once the island moved.

What's the deal with Claire?! I'm starting to believe that she's dead. I wish it weren't true, but it's starting to seem plausible. :( At least we know that if Kate takes Aaron back to the island, Claire will rip her head off! It's nice to see that Christian has got his own little "club" now. I thought it was great how he said to Michael, "you can go now". *BOOM!*

I thought Ben was great in this episode in regard to his lines:

"If you mean time traveling bunnies, than yes." I started to laugh out loud at that one. :lol: Also did anyone else see how terrified he looked when he was moving the frozen donkey wheel?

Matt, you got your wish...Keamy got it good...twice!!! :rock:

Did anyone else think of the alternate endings for the finale as comical? I sure did. I found myself saying, "okay, who's in it this time?"

I don't know how I'm going to make it until fall. I think I may end up in Santa Rosa Mental Institution.

"4-8-15-16-23-42
4-8-15-16-23-42
4-8-15-16-23-42"

NeverAgain
05-30-2008, 02:25 PM
So today is the day following the airing, right? So no spoilers? I hope so. If we are thinking of UK, I can hide my spoilers. This sensitive stuff always confuses me.

Jin
I hate to say it, but I think he's dead. I thought it was a cover up, but after last night, I think he's dead.

Jack
GREAT intro. Starting exactly where it left off at the end of last season. My friend mentioned, and I think someone mentioned it here, that there is a theory that Jack goes back to the island at the pilot episode. I didn't agree with it, but my friend told me that the return only lasted to the point he makes it to the beach after running through the foliage. Then I thought about Christian guiding Vincent to Jack and talking about work needing to be done. How cool would that be? It would make for an interesting Season 6. Season 1-4 = gotta get off the island. Season 5 - Gotta get on the island. Season 6 = gotta put right what once went wrong. The theory has a bit more stability, but I still need convincing on how they can just erase the first 3 seasons.

Locke
I'm thinking maybe Richard was the one who wants to be in power from Day 1. Just like Locke (unvoluntarily) used Ben to move the island. Maybe Richard is using Locke to remove Ben. We know Locke always fails in everything he does, so nothing keeps Richard from adding another chapter in Locke's miserable life by booting him off the island. I think we may have some great conflict between Locke and Richard now.

The Island
I couldn't help but parallel the Island's hidden cold chamber to Michael freezing the battery to delay a reaction. Could the island phase uncontrolably, and freezing the device kept it in check? An island that can phase is a great explanation as to how it can house a civilization for eons, without any outside contamination.

Desmond
I don't know what it is, but this is my all time favorite character. I'm a 30 year old man, and when Desmond spoke to Penny on the phone a few episodes ago, it almost brought a tear to my eye. Seeing them reunite? Beautiful. That's all I can say about it.

Anybody catch the Octagon Global Recruiting commercial? Recruiting conveniently happens at the same place and date as Comic-Con. Coincidence? I think not.

Matt
05-30-2008, 02:30 PM
I think Jack was supposed to take over, not Locke--and that's what got fucked up.

NeverAgain
05-30-2008, 02:45 PM
I think Jack was supposed to take over, not Locke--and that's what got fucked up.

I agree. Gives a new angle at Jack and Locke's conversation last night. Maybe we can get some hints from Jack's Stranger in a Strange Land episode. Thought by most to be the worst episode of Lost, but thought by me to be the most important.;)

Ricky
05-30-2008, 02:59 PM
My friend mentioned, and I think someone mentioned it here, that there is a theory that Jack goes back to the island at the pilot episode.

Oh! Oh! That's my theory! :rock: I even sent it along with a letter to the producers of LOST. :)

I'm thinking maybe Richard was the one who wants to be in power from Day 1. I think we may have some great conflict between Locke and Richard now.

I think you just may be on to something. :orely:

Anybody catch the Octagon Global Recruiting commercial?

Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny. I was like, this can't be real.

tippy4
05-30-2008, 04:19 PM
So today is the day following the airing, right? So no spoilers? I hope so. If we are thinking of UK, I can hide my spoilers. This sensitive stuff always confuses me.

Personally, I find the spoiler markers on all the posts kind of annoying.

I mean, the title of this thread clearly states WATCH OUT FOR SPOILERS.

And besides, if you have not seen the episode, and you don't have sense enough to avoid a LOST discussion thread the day after an episode airs...you kind of deserve to get "spoiled".

Ok...now that my angry rant is over....I thought it was clever how they got around Walt's aging by flash forwarding three years into the future.

Jin
I hate to say it, but I think he's dead. I thought it was a cover up, but after last night, I think he's dead.

I was pretty sure all along Jin was dead (at least as fas as Sun knew)...why else would Sun visit his grave site if he was not really dead? Plus there was that confrontation with her father where she blames him and another man quite passionately for Jin's Death.

Desmond
I don't know what it is, but this is my all time favorite character. I'm a 30 year old man, and when Desmond spoke to Penny on the phone a few episodes ago, it almost brought a tear to my eye. Seeing them reunite? Beautiful. That's all I can say about it.

I am right there with you. Great moment...just like when they made the phone call.

Anybody catch the Octagon Global Recruiting commercial? Recruiting conveniently happens at the same place and date as Comic-Con. Coincidence? I think not.

I caught the tail end of that (I was channel surfing) but suspected it was abnother one of those "Hanso Foundation" type commercials they were doing during Season 2.

Ricky
05-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Yup, that would be it. :)

tippy4
05-30-2008, 04:34 PM
I was really expecting to see the Orchid Training Video currently on Youtube.

YouTube - New Lost Season 4 Sneak Peak!!!

We only got a brief glimpse of it before the tape began to rewind itself and then lock up.

I have to believe that was relevant somehow.

tippy4
05-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Alternate Endings

YouTube - LOST Season 4 Finale-Alternate Endings

AIMB
05-30-2008, 10:35 PM
The alternate endings were so stupid I can't believe they were so built up! All they are is measures to keep spoilers from getting out about the coffin right?

Jin is so alive........if the island wants him to be alive that is...ha ha
Whats a couple hundred pounds of c-4 against fate?
Honestly I think he is dead just b/c he got a DUI and they have killed off every actor to get one :)

Sawyer was so cool but him walking up to Juliet and drinking with her did make me get a little sick (someone mentioned it up above) :)
If I was Sawyer I would have pushed Jack out of the helicopter hahahhahahhha, It was cute how he jumped bc he saw Hugo feeling guilty when they said they had to lose more weight....

I was expecting to see that Orchid video too!
It's way cooler. They probably didn't have time to put it in. And everyone (hardcore) has already seen it anyways...

the finale was badass!!!

Mattrick
05-31-2008, 12:24 AM
Jin

Unless Faraday and the people on his raft found him drifting, alive.

Jack
GREAT intro. Starting exactly where it left off at the end of last season. My friend mentioned, and I think someone mentioned it here, that there is a theory that Jack goes back to the island at the pilot episode. I didn't agree with it, but my friend told me that the return only lasted to the point he makes it to the beach after running through the foliage. Then I thought about Christian guiding Vincent to Jack and talking about work needing to be done. How cool would that be? It would make for an interesting Season 6. Season 1-4 = gotta get off the island. Season 5 - Gotta get on the island. Season 6 = gotta put right what once went wrong. The theory has a bit more stability, but I still need convincing on how they can just erase the first 3 seasons.

Hate to say it but this cannot be true. This would destroy the entire theme of fate and destiny. This theory would entail that in the pilot, Jack had already gone back into the past. Having the little bottle of liquor still from the plane kind of kills it. It seems that Jack would stop certain things from happening a la Boone dying, saving woman who was swept off to sea, not chasing his father etc. yet if he DID go back that would mean that he is going through the motions.

Mattrick
05-31-2008, 12:34 AM
My thoughts on the finale:

- Did Jin and Michael die? Michael most likely did. Jin was on the surface so he may have exploded.

- Faraday was on the boat, we see him breifly with assorted Losties...did they move with the island? Are they stranded? If they were stranded is possible they found survivors from the freighter explosion? Did they die?

- Whidmore/Sun...I read a theory once that Whidmore, Paik and a few of the other rich people featured in the show were all behind the island, or at least heavily involved. Paik and Whidmore know each other and I wonder if it's due to the island or really just plain and simple business.

- I LOLed when Juliet watched Sawyer swim onto the shore.

- Locke being the casket was a shock but I've heard people theorize it may be him so it wasn't a big shock.

- Parallels between Christian and Locke, both in caskets, both visited by Jack. I wonder if Locke going to the island would have a similar effect as when Christian went on 815.

- Keamy was awesome in the finale, shame he won't be back in season 5 though. Fight with Sayid was top notch.

- It appears Claire may have really died when that RPG blew up her cabin, but that's a toss up.

- Desmond/Penny was nice. At first I thought Desmond died on the freighter as I didn't see him in the chopper until it was about to crash.

- Charlotte's connection to the island was touched on but not explored. Miles seems to know something about it. Don't think Frank will be back to the island. Doubt Faraday is off the show considering the ending to episode 405 "The Constant" which will come into play I'm sure.

- I'm thinking we're going to be getting more Mobisodes in order to bridge the next season, because I think Season 5 will start with them getting back to the island.

- Just noticed the helicopter had the number 842 on it.

- Liked Christian popping up on the freighter right before it blew. It raises many questions. Since Christian introduced himself as Christian and not as Jacob, who or what is Jacob? Why is Christian in the forefront of everything?

- I guess my three biggest questions in relation to next season are:

What did Sawyer say to Kate? I'm assuming it has to do with that woman he left/screwed over that Kate happened to meet.

What's the bad stuff that happened after Jack left?

Why was Locke off the island and how did he get off?

QUESTION

What scenes were added into the last episode and were they important?

Bev Vincent
05-31-2008, 06:21 AM
I don't think Jack was ever meant to lead the others -- he wasn't even on "the list" of good people. It's been Locke all the way, even from the time he was a child, tested like the Dalai Lama.

I think that Jin and Daniel might have survived and been swept away to wherever (and whenever) the island went.

Bev Vincent
05-31-2008, 06:22 AM
QUESTION
What scenes were added into the last episode and were they important?

The main one was an expansion of the press conference where someone asked who the other three survivors of the crash were. Jack said that they were Charlie, Libby and Boone and concocted stories about how they died that were reasonable approximations of how they really did.

Woofer
05-31-2008, 06:28 AM
I think that Sawyer told Kate to take care of his daughter and, as someone else mentioned (sorry, too sleepy to go back and look atm), where she might find the resources to do it. He probably also warned her about Clem's mom.

Sooo glad Keamy died. I hated him with the fire of a thousand thousand suns (yes, a thousand thousand). I hope he stays dead, too! His tiny mouth bugged the crap out of me. Petty, I know, but there you have it.

Why, oh why, could the ocean not wash off Sawyer's pants as well as shirt? (Kidding, I know he probably ditched because...well, have you ever tried to swim in a long sleeved shirt?)

I also think Jin is really dead because of the DUI incident and the show's past with actors and DUIs.

I love Ben so much. He is one of the best television baddies I've seen in the last decade. He's so Machiavellian and complicated. :wub: You can be assured that Ben's helping Jack get Locke and the other Oceanic 6 (and whoever else might be back in society as Locke was) has more to do with Ben's getting back into the island's good graces than some grand philanthropic gesture.

tippy4
05-31-2008, 08:17 AM
I also think Jin is really dead because of the DUI incident and the show's past with actors and DUIs.

Yeah, but apparently the actress who played Libby was forgiven as she was given a small role on the Meet Kevin Johnson episode.

Woofer
05-31-2008, 08:29 AM

Yeah, but apparently the actress who played Libby was forgiven as she was given a small role on the Meet Kevin Johnson episode.

True, but it was a very small role haunting the man who killed her.

MonteGss
05-31-2008, 08:49 AM
Desmond

I have to start with this quote. I'm also 30 and I cried like a little girl with a skinned knee when that happened. That by far is my favorite episode of the season. Desmond is my absolute favorite character and I was SOOO relieved when he didn't die. If anyone thinks he will die soon...f*ck off! :lol:
Penny and Desmond love story is so great!!! The best part of one of the best finale in my opinion!

Ok...Ben...greatest villian in recent TV memory for me. In the ranks of the Cigarette Smoking Man and others. Great episode for him! I hope they go back and actually show the time traveling to the desert after he moves the island.

John Locke in the coffin?! It was not my prediction but my wife and I talked about it last season...I just didn't see how it could be...knowing he didn't want to ever leave the island. I can't wait for this explanation!

I hope Jin isn't dead but I think he might be.

I hope Michael is not dead but I think he might be. What a stupid move to bring him back to the series for a total of 10 minutes of airtime this season only to have him die! I like his character and was excited he was resigned...:(

Keamy was a f*cking punk and I'm glad he's gone.

I really don't care AT ALL about Charlotte. Get rid of her. Daniel, on the other hand, is super-cool and I hope he survived and is on the island next season.

All Sawyer said to Kate is something like "I have a kid, take care of her...I have some money in an account." I don't think it was anything more than along those lines.

That's all for now....this finale ranked right up there with last season's!! I love the direction the show is going and I am soooo excited for the last two!!

Bev Vincent
05-31-2008, 10:20 AM
I saw a youtube video where someone supposedly enhanced the audio between Sawyer & Kate. "I have a daughter in Alabama. You need to find her. Tell her I'm sorry," he says.

NeverAgain
05-31-2008, 10:32 AM
I saw a youtube video where someone supposedly enhanced the audio between Sawyer & Kate. "I have a daughter in Alabama. You need to find her. Tell her I'm sorry," he says.

THATS what I wanted to ask about. The phone call sounded like a reversed message. That's cool! I figured that was what he said to her.

MonteGss
05-31-2008, 10:35 AM
Yes, I didn't think it could be anything else, imo. :)

AIMB
05-31-2008, 01:26 PM
I don't think Jack was ever meant to lead the others -- he wasn't even on "the list" of good people. It's been Locke all the way, even from the time he was a child, tested like the Dalai Lama.

I think that Jin and Daniel might have survived and been swept away to wherever (and whenever) the island went.

I'm pretty sure they are going to have Daniel make it back to the island, .....there are to many holes in his story, it's not over!

I think Jin is dead for sure(see last post by me) b/c Daniel Dae Kim got a DUI.
I like Sun without him though! She is turning into a real badass.

The phone call said something like "you have to go back blah blah" that's why kate was telling Aaron she was sorry. She is sorry b/c she has to take him back there. I put a link underneath :)
YouTube - LOST Season 4 Finale - Kate's Phonecall (SPOILER)

Bev Vincent
06-01-2008, 07:36 AM
Yeah, the phone call is backwards -- if you reverse it, the message says you have to go back. Shades of Twin Peaks!

Spencer
06-01-2008, 02:07 PM

That would be Cynthia Watros, one of my favorite actresses ever:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynthia_Watros

Mattrick
06-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Ok...Ben...greatest villian in recent TV memory for me. In the ranks of the Cigarette Smoking Man and others. Great episode for him! I hope they go back and actually show the time traveling to the desert after he moves the island.

That is kind of what they showed in the finale. I knew that is how Ben's season would end. Actually showing Ben going through time and space would be cheesy and unnecessary. If you can put 2 and 2 together you can figure out how he got there.

MonteGss
06-01-2008, 02:52 PM
I disagree. I want to see it.
I can put 2 and 2 together and I still want to see the actual time travel.

You "knew" huh? :lol: I've read that before...:lol:

Ricky
06-01-2008, 02:59 PM
I can put 2 and 2 together and I still want to see the actual time travel.

I'm with you on that one! I was hoping that they would show it too. I also wouldn't mind knowing how (by just turning the wheel) the island moved. :orely:

MonteGss
06-01-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes, I would like to see specifics on the island move as well Ricky. It's good to know that some of us don't "have all the answers"...:lol:

Spencer
06-01-2008, 03:02 PM
I'd also like to know how Ben seemed to be up on current events right after he travelled, he seemed to know just how to get to Sayid.

Nerak
06-01-2008, 05:56 PM
three more season to answer all these questions, and more...

AIMB
06-01-2008, 10:34 PM
season 5 doesn't come on untill Jan. 09
There are only 2 more seasons :( . 10 is going to be the last year.

I agree though, this makes it more like a badass miniseries rather than a show that goes on and on dragging stuff out untill you don't even care what happens anymore.

Darkthoughts
06-02-2008, 03:08 AM
Also, about Christian: Does anyone really think he is still alive and just faking? I don't think so! He is just the second in command in Jacob's "ghost" posse which is rapidly increasing in size (Christian, Claire, Dharma guy, Charlie, Eko?, and now Locke?)
I actually thought it showed that Christian may now be an incarnation of the island itself. For example, Tom told Mike (In Meet Kevin Johnson) that the island wouldn't let him die until he'd taken care of the unfinished business. So when Christian said "You can go now!" I supposed it to be the voice of the island.
In this vein, perhaps Jacob is also an incarnation of the island - originally a survivor of the Black Rock?

Sawyer calling Frank (the Chopper Pilot) Kenny Rogers!! :-)
I also thought that was hilarious!!
Notice though how Sawyer had reverted back to using nicknames (except for Hurley) in the finale. It seems that now Kate has spurned him for Jack he's retreating back into his shell. But him jumping from the 'copter was just too cool, I agree (like someone else said) that he partly did it for Hurley, but I think he mostly did it because Kate has chosen Jack, so he felt like there was nothing worth leaving for.
I can totally see him and Juliet having some kind of commisatory relationship...but I hope not! :lol:

• What is Charlotte's previous experience with the island?

Ok, every season I like to have a totally far fetched theory and this is my one for season 5 :D I'm wondering if Charlotte is Ben's biological daughter.
She said to Daniel, as her explanation of why she wanted to stay on the island, that she was still looking for her birthplace.
I think possibly she is Ben and Annie's child. Ben said that a select few were spared during the Dharma purge - I'll bet Annie was one of them and that when he found out she was pregnant he made sure she left the island.
Perhaps he doesn't even know? But if he did, it could be a sentimental reason why he bought Alex up himself (rather than give her to one of the Others that were a couple for instance).

All in all, I really enjoyed the finale :clap:

Grillslinger
06-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Great finale! Here is something to think about. The orchid had a very familiar background sound...the same as the original hatch...which had something huge that had been blcoked by concrete after an "incident" The numbers were used to keep it in check.

The island-moving mechanism made exactly the same sound the hatch did when it went out of control...only to be stopped by Desmond.

I think that there was a very similar mechanism in the hatch. That after the incident, it kept trying to do what it was supposed to do...move the island. But desmond stopped it...and only the hatch teleported away intead of the whole island.

Thoughts?

Darkthoughts
06-02-2008, 07:12 AM
I thought the same thing about the noise, but hadn't considered what you've just said about the previous hatch - great idea, I really like it and it explains what happened to Desmond :cool:

There was a programme on after the finale in the UK, where they interviewed Damon Lindeloff and Carlton Cuse. They said the "how" of how the island was moved was very similar to what happens in a h____ tunnel...but I've forgotten what the H word is :lol:

Woofer
06-02-2008, 09:18 AM
I thought the same thing about the noise, but hadn't considered what you've just said about the previous hatch - great idea, I really like it and it explains what happened to Desmond :cool:

There was a programme on after the finale in the UK, where they interviewed Damon Lindeloff and Carlton Cuse. They said the "how" of how the island was moved was very similar to what happens in a h____ tunnel...but I've forgotten what the H word is :lol:

Sweet avatar! I searched on clues from your post and found this tidbit about the Large Hadron Collider (http://io9.com/389788/lost-destroys-spacetime-celebrates-science). I wondered if they were going there with this.

Note: There is another awesome Josh Holloway picture by that article.

Razz, you'll note the final comment of the article:

If ever there was a time for a David Tennant guest-shot on the show as a mysterious stranger who shows up and saves the day with a quaff and a quip, it may be at the start of the next season to sort things out.

Ricky
06-02-2008, 12:56 PM
There are only 2 more seasons :( .

Not if you count season 7...the zombie season. :rofl:

Darkthoughts
06-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Sweet avatar!
Isn't he! :D

I searched on clues from your post and found this tidbit about the Large Hadron Collider (http://io9.com/389788/lost-destroys-spacetime-celebrates-science). I wondered if they were going there with this.
Woofer, you bloody legend!! That is exactly it!! :thumbsup: :cool:

Damon and Carlton said that when they saw the picture of the Hadron tunnel, it reminded them of the Dharma logo:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c39/towerjunkie19/hadron.jpg
You can see what they mean ;)

Woofer
06-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Oh hell yes. That is awesome.

tippy4
06-03-2008, 07:35 PM
OK, this may have already been discussed, but I was recently watching the orientation video for The Swan, and the scientist identifies himself as Dr. Marvin Candle.

In The Orchid video, the scientist identifies himself as Dr. Edgar Haliwax.

As far as I can tell they are the same person (Actor Francois Chau).

What is the deal?

AIMB
06-03-2008, 10:09 PM
I think Halowax is his real name since it was on his parka.

The other orientation films were fake/he was lying about the station's purpose.
So I am guessing he went by a made up name in those.

AIMB
06-03-2008, 10:12 PM
There are only 2 more seasons :( .

Not if you count season 7...the zombie season. :rofl:

i don't talk about the zombie season bc i dont want to jinx it!

Bev Vincent
06-04-2008, 05:27 AM
That guy has had several different names, all of them having something to do with candles. He's also been Mark Wickmund.

tippy4
06-04-2008, 05:59 AM
I saw the Mark Wickmund on IMDB as well.

Candle, Wickmund and Halowax.

I believe I see a connection with those names.

What name is next...Dr. Jon Snuffer?

MonteGss
06-04-2008, 05:59 AM
Well, yes, because Bev just pointed that out. :) :P

Darkthoughts
06-04-2008, 07:45 AM
I rewatched the finale last night and noticed some other things...and have forgotten them because I was drunk :lol:

I'm sure one thing was this question:
Do you think Des and Frank will also have to go back to the island? Or does Ben not know about them/they have served their purpose?

I'll do a sober rewatch and take notes - I definately noticed there were alot of small things, snippets of conversation and stuff that seemed very salient on a second viewing.

Spencer
06-04-2008, 09:22 AM
I'm not sure if they need Frank, but I have a hunch they'll need Desmond. They'll definitely need Locke.

NeverAgain
06-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Do you think Des and Frank will also have to go back to the island? Or does Ben not know about them/they have served their purpose?

I think Desmond will serve more off island. Remember that he can mind jump through time. Place him somewhere of importance off island. Jump to the past-self, and do some tweaking. Unless TPTB can make his backstory more interesting, I believe Frank will just become a glorified red shirt.

Armand St Pierre
06-04-2008, 03:46 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c39/towerjunkie19/hadron.jpg
Perhaps being Lost is our Dharma.

I'm pretty sure they kick that thing on any day now. :ninja:

AIMB
06-04-2008, 08:25 PM
i love frank lapidus i hope he's not over in the show, faraday too.

Spencer
06-04-2008, 09:15 PM
Faraday's a jackass. He and Jack should start a support group. :lol:

AIMB
06-04-2008, 09:35 PM
no hes cool i swear!
jack is definetly a jackass

have you guys seen this ha ha ha
http://www.odoe.net/jackfaces/index.html

and hi spencer remember me from .net? alain is my boyfreind?

Darkthoughts
06-05-2008, 03:17 AM
I think Desmond will serve more off island. Remember that he can mind jump through time. Place him somewhere of importance off island. Jump to the past-self, and do some tweaking. Unless TPTB can make his backstory more interesting, I believe Frank will just become a glorified red shirt.
I don't think its an ability he can switch on and off, I think hes just more susceptible than most to the electromagnestism which is what triggered both his time travelling episodes.

What I was referring to though, was Ben saying to Jack that it was necessary for them all to go back - all being the Oceanic 6 and Locke, so i was wondering why that wouldn't also include Frank and Desmond seeing as they were escapee's too.

Spencer
06-05-2008, 03:18 AM
and hi spencer remember me from .net? alain is my boyfreind?

Hell yes I do. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Woofer
06-05-2008, 03:48 AM
no hes cool i swear!
jack is definetly a jackass

have you guys seen this ha ha ha
http://www.odoe.net/jackfaces/index.html

Faraday is funny. Jack is... NOT. Jack is only an asshole.

Thank you soooo much for jackfaces. I must share it with my coworkers.

AIMB
06-05-2008, 10:20 PM
im glad you like them, i never get tired of them.......ever

only 8 months to go guys...

Nerak
06-06-2008, 12:46 AM
I don't think its an ability he can switch on and off, I think hes just more susceptible than most to the electromagnestism which is what triggered both his time travelling episodes.

What I was referring to though, was Ben saying to Jack that it was necessary for them all to go back - all being the Oceanic 6 and Locke, so i was wondering why that wouldn't also include Frank and Desmond seeing as they were escapee's too.

Frank wasn't called to the island. Desmond was, so he may or may not show up.

Woofer
06-06-2008, 05:25 AM
You might even say that Frank was called away from the island since he was supposed to be the pilot of Oceanic 815.

Nerak
06-06-2008, 08:52 AM
But the island never called TO him, so I don't think it matters.

But Desmond crash onto it...calling him there

Mattrick
06-06-2008, 11:07 AM

I think you're missing out on the quintessential Lostie. He looks quite different now, as I'm sure you're aware...and his name is Walt ;)

Darkthoughts
06-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Yeah, good point!

And I do think Frank was called in a way - he's supposed to pilot 815 and still ends up going to the island anyway, there are no coincedences in this show ;)

Mattrick
06-07-2008, 05:32 PM
My Theory On: The Numbers, The Swan Hatch, The Time Differential and how pushing a button could end the world.

The plane arrived on the island normal time, for the most part. The island follows a linear time but it's a little slower. I probably loses a few seconds a minute. Wouldn't be enough to notice but over a period a day, with 5 seconds lost on a minute, 300 seconds in an hour, 7200 seconds a day...which comes to 120 minutes munites in a day. Two full hours.

I wonder if perhaps the numbers and the electromagnetic anomaly that was held in The Swan station meant how far behind normal time the island is. It would be about 4.2 seconds...which is also a number...that adds up to 100.8

4.5 seconds adds up to 108. Do the math...4.5 seconds times 60 mins. Solution times 24 hours...Solution divided by 60 minutes in an hour. That gives us the amount of time the island loses in an entire day in minute form.

An 'incident' happened which forced them push that button ever 108 minutes if I'm not correct. I believe pushing this button merges the varying time lines together.

But when the hatch imploded, something happened. Not only was the island visual but since time has begin to vary more and more to the point where the real world is a day ahead, as we seen. It's increase is exponential as Faraday would say. It was what, a 15-30 min difference with his little rocket? He was surprised by it, expecting the delay to be no more than a handful of seconds, almost unnoticable. But with such a massive time change then, along with Desmond/Sayid leaving at night and it being dawn when they get there (a good 4-6 hours behind) to the the doctor washing afloat early one morning and him getting killed the next night, meaning that they were a good 12+ hours behind.

With the island moved it's uncertain if the island is still increasing behind the rest of the worlds time, but if it has everything is sure to be different when the Oceanic Six return. For all we knows years passed on the island while they were gone.

Darkthoughts
06-08-2008, 06:13 AM
But from what we saw in the finale, we know years haven't passed since they were gone.

At the press conference journalists refer to the passage of time that the Losties have been missing, especially in relation to 5 and a bit week old Aaron, which is when Kate is challenged over the fact of her being 6 months pregnant when she was apprehended in Australia.

Ricky
06-08-2008, 06:20 AM
With the island moved it's uncertain if the island is still increasing behind the rest of the worlds time, but if it has everything is sure to be different when the Oceanic Six return. For all we knows years passed on the island while they were gone.

I'm not sure if that's how long the island is behind in time, but I would LOVE it if the twist of season 5 or 6 is that the Oceanic 6 finally get back to the island to find that years/decades have passed on the island.

You have my inner-mind clockwork going Mattrick! :excited:

Darkthoughts
06-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Aha! I didn't read that properly then :lol:

Darkthoughts
06-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Something has occured to me about Christian Sheppard though, from rewatching old eps.
It's entirely possible his body wasn't on the plane at all. I mean really, what was the significance of Jack not being able to get his Dad's body put on the plane (at first).
The purpose of the flashback was to show us that Jack had gone to Aus to collect his Dad's body and bring it back, so the whole debacle with him not having completed the right forms to fly the body seems almost surplus to requirements at first glance.

After pleading to the check in girl it seems that they will put the body on the flight after all. But they might have just put the empty coffin on (hence the empty coffin when the plane crashes) to pacify Jack and would have got Jack to make arrangements to collect the body at a later date...either that or the body was removed for other purposes by other parties.

From a practical point of view, you can't see customs saying "Ok, fine. We'll let this body on without the right paperwork just so Jack stops crying!" :lol: Y'know?

Aaron
06-08-2008, 07:49 AM
But from what we saw in the finale, we know years haven't passed since they were gone.

At the press conference journalists refer to the passage of time that the Losties have been missing, especially in relation to 5 and a bit week old Aaron, which is when Kate is challenged over the fact of her being 6 months pregnant when she was apprehended in Australia.

Actually, I am almost positive that in the finale they revealed that the Oceanic Six had been off of the island for three years by the end of the episode and the meeting with Ben in the funeral home.

My new theory, which I devised after the finale, is that the island is a time machine.

tippy4
06-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Yes, they had been off the island for three years...which is how they were able to justify Walt's growth.

This is the first time we have been allowed to see him clearly (since he left the island) because his size would now be justified.

Ricky
06-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Yeah, you're right Aaron. Kate says something like, "it's taken me 3 years to get over what happened on that island". Something like that.

Spencer
06-08-2008, 09:27 AM
I think Frank is the Coward of the County.

Darkthoughts
06-09-2008, 04:29 AM
Aaron - I know the flashforwards from the finale show upto 3 years into the future, what I was saying was that they hadn't been on the island for years from the time of the plane crash, but I only made that point anyway because I misunderstood Mattrick's theory :)

What I thought Mattrick was saying, was that they had possibly been on the island for years. I then realised he meant that now the island has been moved, it could be operating on different time - as in years could pass on the island, when only months had passed off it.

I'm entirely open to the theory that the island is a time machine or a catalyst for time travel - how else do we explain the never ageing Alpert ;)

Spencer
06-09-2008, 05:07 AM
Yeah, you're right Aaron. Kate says something like, "it's taken me 3 years to get over what happened on that island". Something like that.

"I've spent the last three years trying to forget what happened the day we left."

Darkthoughts
06-09-2008, 05:33 AM
Also Spencer, why do you think Frank is such a coward (he's def no hero, I just wanted to hear more of your opinion :) )

Ricky
06-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks Spencer, that's the one. :)

Spencer
06-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Also Spencer, why do you think Frank is such a coward (he's def no hero, I just wanted to hear more of your opinion :) )

Actually, that's a Kenny Rogers song. :lol:

Frank:
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080220/lost-frank_l.jpg

Kenny Rogers:
http://goldcoastproductions.net/images/aakk_3.jpg

Spencer
06-09-2008, 09:22 AM
I do think Frank meant well in going, but he's just seemed not to want to do anything to rock the boat, so to speak, he just seems very indecisive. I just can't see how he'd be a player in this endgame unless his helicopter engine is fitted with a set of ball bearings, if you take my meaning.

Darkthoughts
06-09-2008, 02:35 PM
No shit, thats seriously a Kenny Rogers song?! :lol:

Woofer
06-09-2008, 04:17 PM

Watch the video - IF YOU DARE.

Spencer
06-12-2008, 11:37 AM

Watch the video - IF YOU DARE.

:rofl:

AND, lest we forget, it's also a Kenny Rogers MOVIE!!! :O :panic:

http://missedmovies.com/order/images/1016.jpg

Nerak
06-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!

AIMB
06-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Coward of the county, badass song. :)

Mattrick
06-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Frank:
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080220/lost-frank_l.jpg

Kenny Rogers:
http://goldcoastproductions.net/images/aakk_3.jpg

the difference in cleanliness is astonishing.

MonteGss
06-20-2008, 03:50 AM
Not to mention the plastic surgery. :lol:

tippy4
06-20-2008, 12:33 PM
I see I am not the only one creeped out by Kenny's facial reconstruction.

Damn it Kenny...you could have grown old gracefully!

He looks like a manequin now!

MonteGss
06-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Yeah, it's gross.

Darkthoughts
06-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Dudes! Stop talking about creepy Kenny R!! This is the Lost thread!!

Ooooh snap!! I told Monte off :P

MonteGss
06-20-2008, 03:26 PM
:lol:
Hey! It's my job to rattle off at people to stay on topic. :lol:

*on topic*

I sure wish they would release the Season 4 DVD set in the late summer/early fall....but I'm sure those fuckers will wait until November or December to do it. grrrr

Darkthoughts
06-20-2008, 03:27 PM
I know, and it was my pleasure...truly! :lol:

Ricky
06-21-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah, LOST season 4 will be released in December. :(

MonteGss
06-21-2008, 11:07 AM
That just drives me nuts. There is no good reason for it. I'm sure that box set could be released at any time, right? I guess I'll have to settle for watching the first 3 seasons, spaced over the summer and fall. :(

Darkthoughts
06-21-2008, 11:24 AM
I was watching Season 1 last night and just found it so cool to see all the foreshadowing! Raised By Another in particular is fantastic - especially Locke in claire's dream saying "It was your responsibility but you gave it away and we all pay the price now!" :panic:

Also, the whole black and white thing from season 1 - the stones adam and eve had, the back gammon, Locke's eyes in the dream - i wonder if that has something to do with Abbadon and Alpert being on opposing sides, which takes me back to my theory of the divide between The Others and Widmore/Dharma stemming from the Black Rock...slaves/slavers?