PDA

View Full Version : WE WANT YOU!!

Still Servant
11-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Come join us!

The league name is "The Dark Tower Movie Group" and the password is "King19."

Here is a link to the invite. I hope it works: http://fantasymovieleague.com/group/2017/join?mp=b73998d34d94f76039c8a4881a769ef8

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i194/LicksHisLips/UncleSameAlreadyHasYou061314.png

Do you like movies? Do you like playing fantasy sports? Do you like making box office predictions? Do you like getting destroyed by a cybernetic organism (Heather)?

If the answers are yes, then the Fantasy Movie League (http://fantasymovieleague.com/?confirmPage=authLogout) might be for you.

The Fall season is coming to a close and we are looking to expand our league with new players. I must say that the first season was a resounding success. The season was dominated by two players, but it was still a lot of fun to play every week. With the upcoming season, I'm sure many players have learned from their past mistakes and are ready to fight for the crown.

If you're interested, let me know and I will send you an invite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRK-ENG3yCo

Please merge this thread with the Fantasy Movie League thread whenever you feel it's appropriate.

Mattrick
11-26-2015, 08:12 AM
Hey, it was dominated by three players! Bronze medalist still counts haha

Heather19
11-26-2015, 08:38 AM
Yes, please consider joining. It's so much fun and has become my latest obsession. Plus there's always a possibility of winning some free movie passes :D

Mattrick
11-26-2015, 08:42 AM
I'm not sure if the free movie passes work outside the US :/ If they do, great. If they don't, it kind of makes locking in your picks early irrelevant for me lol

Still Servant
11-26-2015, 09:01 AM
Hey, it was dominated by three players! Bronze medalist still counts haha

Spoken like a true Canadian.

In all seriousness, Matt was a fast rising prospect as the season went along.

Mattrick
11-27-2015, 04:51 AM
In at number three with a bullet for 12 of 13 weeks and tied for first one week. I'm satisfied haha. Us Canadians take what we can get, guy!

Still Servant
11-27-2015, 01:39 PM
No new takers, huh? There has to be a lurker or two interested in playing.

Merlin1958
11-27-2015, 02:52 PM
You know, I was a late participant, but I did better than I would have thought in this. Looking forward to starting the next season on an even keel. I'm coming for you, Matts!!!

Still Servant
11-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Come on, people! We need more players and the season starts on Friday.

Also, the league doesn't just have to be DT.org people. My sister is in the league and she doesn't belong to the site. So if you have any family or friends that might be interested, let them know.

Come join us!

The league name is "The Dark Tower Movie Group" and the password is "King19."

Here is a link to the invite. I hope it works: http://fantasymovieleague.com/group/2017/join?mp=b73998d34d94f76039c8a4881a769ef8

fernandito
12-01-2015, 09:01 AM
Sorry guys, I'm a terrible human being.

I'd love to join but I'm always so busy I don't think I'd be able to dedicate the time the contest deserves.

Good luck on the contest... EVERYONE EXCEPT HEATHER.

Heather19
12-01-2015, 10:16 AM
You should play Feev! It takes less than a min once a week to just enter in a lineup. You don't have to do any research or anything if you don't want to.

Still Servant
12-02-2015, 06:33 PM
You should play Feev! It takes less than a min once a week to just enter in a lineup. You don't have to do any research or anything if you don't want to.

Yeah, honestly, it takes me like 30 seconds to set my theater. You have enough knowledge of film and box office to take an educated guess. Do it on your lunch break. I have less time than I used to, but I quickly set it on my 30 minute lunch.

Merlin1958
12-04-2015, 09:40 PM
Sorry guys, I'm a terrible human being.

I'd love to join but I'm always so busy I don't think I'd be able to dedicate the time the contest deserves.

Good luck on the contest... EVERYONE EXCEPT HEATHER.

Yeah, honestly, it takes me like 30 seconds to set my theater. You have enough knowledge of film and box office to take an educated guess. Do it on your lunch break. I have less time than I used to, but I quickly set it on my 30 minute lunch.

Really, Feev!!! I mean if I can manage to even be mediocre surely, you can take 10 mins a week to put me in my place!!! Then again, perhaps, you are intimidated by my skills? I mean what will it look like if an, old fart like me puts a whooping on your ass? Yeah, I guess you better refrain from playing. Could be very embarrassing for you, being a staff member and all. LOL LOL LOL

Edit: Now that I think about it, Feev my jock strap is very heavy. You wouldn't want to have to go carrying it around. Better to be safe than sorry right, old bean? :dance::dance::dance:

Shannon
12-04-2015, 09:59 PM
I tried to get about ten of my more movie savvy facebook friends to join, with no luck.

Still Servant
12-05-2015, 05:46 AM
I tried to get about ten of my more movie savvy facebook friends to join, with no luck.

Me too. I'll keep trying.

Merlin1958
12-05-2015, 08:04 PM
Is there an audience or an oil painting out there? C'mon people that was a joke!!! LOL LOL

Heather19
12-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Well here's an incentive to join, some good prizes and a chance to win a trip to the Oscars :)

http://www.tvweek.com/tvbizwire/2015/12/the-view-launches-fantasy-movie-league

Heather19
02-26-2016, 06:21 AM
I thought I'd bump this thread with the hope of maybe getting some more members to join.

Spring season starts monday. We all start fresh again, so nows the time to join if you've been thinking about it. It's lots of fun, and really doesn't require much time at all. A few mins a week to set your lineup and you're good until the following week. Plus there's always the chance at winning some prizes.

Still Servant
02-28-2016, 07:20 PM
Great idea, Heather!

Heather19
08-26-2016, 06:34 AM
So it's the end of summer season, and next week starts a new season for FML. Great time for anyone who wants to join to jump on board and play with us :)

Still Servant
08-27-2016, 03:49 PM
Great bump, Heather. I'm hoping to make a run for it this season.