PDA

View Full Version : Supermoon/Bloodmoon

Br!an
09-27-2015, 06:36 PM
The eclipse of the Supermoon is 99% complete.

We have a light cloud layer which interferes a bit but it is still visible.

I'd love to be able to see it with clear skies though.

RainInSpain
09-28-2015, 12:07 AM
Missed it completely - it's been overcast and raining the entire night here.

Got a call last night from Mom, advising me " not to look at the blood Moon, as those who do it, are unable to sleep".
Ummm, yes? If I'm looking at the moon, I'm definitely not sleeping. :lol:

webstar1000
09-28-2015, 03:27 AM
I did. My spot in the world was considered PRIME viewing. Clear skies... pretty cool... wasn't BLOWN away but pretty cool none the less.

Br!an
09-28-2015, 03:37 AM
It was cool.

As the eclipse progressed, the moon slowly disappeared until it was completely dark. Perhaps it was the light clouds, but I couldn't see the moon at all. It then slowly turned red until it was again a full moon but a dim dark red like drying blood.

I can now understand why people sacrificed virgins to appease the gods.

jhanic
09-28-2015, 05:37 AM
I wish I could have seen it, but a cloud layer blocked it most of the time.

John

Jon
09-28-2015, 09:03 AM
I saw it...then I didn't...then I did again...then I didn't.

Heather19
09-28-2015, 09:12 AM
Watched it last night, I thought it was pretty cool. We had perfectly clear skies for it. I was wondering when it was going to turn red, and about a little after half way thru you could see the other half of the moon turning a faint red which only got brighter as the rest disappeared. I didn't hear about it till that day though so I wasn't prepared with my telephoto lens, so unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of it.

Jon
09-28-2015, 09:39 AM
Yes...and sadly I broke my tripod and my urologist was out of town.

Thank you!

I'll be here all week!

Try the veal!

But seriously...it is broken. The low light shots are tough without it. It was a good show for great shots!

Br!an
09-28-2015, 12:52 PM
I noticed it was reddish when it was about a quarter eclipsed. The "Blood Moon" aspect really hit at full eclipse though.

I should have been prepared too. I have a telescope that I haven't used in a while.

becca69
09-28-2015, 07:29 PM
It was pretty cool. It was very red here in DE. None of my photos came out though.

cit74
09-28-2015, 08:15 PM
No pics here either - but we did get a nice view out here in kelowna, B.C. - while on vacation

Jon
09-29-2015, 04:45 AM
No pics here either - but we did get a nice view out here in kelowna, B.C. - while on vacation

Before Christ!?!?! Just how old are you???

Heather19
09-29-2015, 08:19 AM
Yes...and sadly I broke my tripod and my urologist was out of town.

Thank you!

I'll be here all week!

Try the veal!

But seriously...it is broken. The low light shots are tough without it. It was a good show for great shots!

My tripod broke too :(

Jon
10-01-2015, 09:45 PM
It's an epidemic!!

I got stuck in a brier patch (if you call 3 acres a patch) and had to use it as a machete to get out.

What happened to yours, Heather?

Heather19
10-02-2015, 05:21 AM
Nothing too exciting. I was readjusting the height of my tripod and one of the snaps clipped :( I'm hoping I can take it somewhere to get it fixed. It's still usable as long as I don't extend the legs.

Jon
10-08-2015, 07:50 PM
LOL...yes...but that is hell on the back. I know the issue. Those clips are so cheaply made! As if you only take ONE pic at full extension. LOL

I should design my own! I already have the perfect idea.