PDA

View Full Version : Find the word - The Revenge!

stroppygoblin
08-07-2015, 06:00 AM
So, my turn. Find the hidden words.

56YU34ERQW45IO5690233445

Good Luck!

Xerrand
08-07-2015, 10:05 AM
I think I have it, but I'm unsure......is the answer "56YU34ERQW45IO5690233445" ????

racerx45
08-07-2015, 10:15 AM
One sec I just need to enter a few settings ...

http://www.uh.edu/engines/turing_bombe.jpg

stroppygoblin
08-07-2015, 10:35 AM
LOL! Early hint:
A computer would help, but no need to switch it on!

jsmcmullen92
08-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Very Interesting... I shall see what I can do :)

T-Dogz_AK47
08-07-2015, 12:23 PM
The Drawing of the Three

stroppygoblin
08-07-2015, 02:07 PM
The Drawing of the Three

Is that a guess? I'm not going to confirm or deny, but you will need to explain how you got to that answer :)

T-Dogz_AK47
08-07-2015, 02:18 PM
The Drawing of the Three

Is that a guess? I'm not going to confirm or deny, but you will need to explain how you got to that answer :)

It's a code based on the first two rows of a standard keyboard.

The numbers become placements of where the letters are. So to decode the first part (56Y) for example: T is exactly below 5, Y is below 6 but because Y immediately follows 6 in the code it denotes that you drop down to the middle tier of letters on the keyboard, which is H. :smile:

Notice that "The Drawing of the Three" is completely made from only the two first rows of the keyboard. There are no letters in the code from the third tier. :ninja:

stroppygoblin
08-07-2015, 02:28 PM
The Drawing of the Three

It's a code based on the first two rows of a standard keyboard.

The numbers become placements of where the letters are. So to decode the first part (56Y) for example: T is exactly below 5, Y is below 6 but because Y immediately follows 6 in the code it denotes that you drop down to the middle tier of letters on the keyboard, which is H. :smile:

Notice that "The Drawing of the Three" is completely made from only the two first rows of the keyboard. There are no letters in the code from the third tier. :ninja:

"The Drawing of the Three" is incorrect.

T-Dogz is on the path of the beam but is not quite there.

jsmcmullen92
08-07-2015, 06:22 PM
The Dark Tower
you get tyhjerdfasrtkltyopweerrt if you use the letter below what is given on the standard key board.
Then split by every other letter giving thedarktower yjrfstlypert

T-Dogz_AK47
08-07-2015, 09:25 PM
The Dark Tower
you get tyhjerdfasrtkltyopweerrt if you use the letter below what is given on the standard key board.

Yeah, I'll go with that! I rushed through it having decoded the first 4 letters (The D) and then rushed through it trying to use a character for every letter and number. I figured it would be a Dark Tower book but only "The Drawing of the Three" was long enough and had the right first 4 letters in the title. I should of slowed down and split them like you did, to get "The Dark Tower"

Good job, my friend! I am sure that is correct! :clap:

stroppygoblin
08-08-2015, 01:34 AM
The Dark Tower

This is correct! Also, well done to Tim for cracking the code but neg points for not being thorough! :nope:

T-Dogz_AK47
08-08-2015, 01:39 AM
The Dark Tower

This is correct! Also, well done to Tim for cracking the code but neg points for not being thorough! :nope:

LOL! That will teach me for getting too excited and rushing in with an answer! :redface:

That was a great code, Simon! Good job!!! :clap:

Xerrand
08-08-2015, 01:43 AM
....you guys are all pure genius :lol: given a year I don't reckon I could figure that out. I scarcely understood the explanation!