PDA

View Full Version : Finders Keepers - collecting thread

herbertwest
04-09-2015, 12:59 AM
I didnt see any other thread regarding Finders Keepers in this forum (feel free if there is one that I didnt notice).

From Lilja's :

Finders Keepers Broadside - Collectors Item

Found this in the ”2015 Independent Bookstore Day Catalog”. Apparently there are only 1,500 of them out there and they will be used for the Independent Bookstore Day on May 2nd. So, go hunting all you collectors! And if anyone should get an extra copy please let me know as I would love to get my hands on one...

http://www.liljas-library.com/img/other/finderskeepersbroadsidecatalog.jpg

Randall Flagg
04-09-2015, 05:02 AM
Thanks. I ordered a couple.

Kingfan24
04-09-2015, 05:50 AM
Ordering link?

sharki69
04-09-2015, 05:55 AM
Thanks for the heads up !

mae
04-09-2015, 07:44 AM
http://www.bookshopwestportal.com/product/finders-keepers-broadside-stephen-king

http://www.bookshopwestportal.com/files/bookshopwestportal/Finders+Keepers+BIG.jpg

The Library Policeman
04-09-2015, 11:15 AM
Would someone in the USA be kind enough to get me one and ship to the UK? The order page only allows United States as a country selection. I'll reimburse via Paypal gift.

Many thanks!

Nerak
04-09-2015, 12:11 PM
With only 1500 being released. How do the book stores know how many they are getting?

zelig
04-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Would someone in the USA be kind enough to get me one and ship to the UK? The order page only allows United States as a country selection. I'll reimburse via Paypal gift.

Many thanks!

I would for sure Alan, but I only ordered 1, and I actually went to the site I ordered it from this morning to order another one, and you can no longer order it online. There's now a message up which you can see here (http://www.bookshopwestportal.com/product/finders-keepers-broadside-stephen-king).

Not even sure if those who were able to order this morning online will get the order, but I suppose since they took the order, they have to honor it.

I'm sure one of the other members here who bought more than 1 will help you out.

jsmcmullen92
04-09-2015, 04:23 PM
No announcements of it coming to book people in Austin but I will check on that day anyway.

Randall Flagg
04-09-2015, 04:32 PM

Many thanks!

I would for sure Alan, but I only ordered 1, and I actually went to the site I ordered it from this morning to order another one, and you can no longer order it online. There's now a message up which you can see here (http://www.bookshopwestportal.com/product/finders-keepers-broadside-stephen-king).

Not even sure if those who were able to order this morning online will get the order, but I suppose since they took the order, they have to honor it.

I'm sure one of the other members here who bought more than 1 will help you out.

Predicted.
Now it's fucked up for everyone.
I usually don't want to be selfish, but this is a classic case of multiple people/members fucking it up for everyone.Instead of 5-20 copies being sold online quietly, now zero copies will be sold.
I have little doubt that in addition to web orders, people swamped the bookstore with calls.
Congratulations folks.

<-------------Sigh....take deep breath.

If there are 1,500, then other places will have them for sale.

Randall Flagg
04-09-2015, 04:55 PM
The next thing people will do is make the store(s) so paranoid that it will be a 1 per person limit for those who show up, and there will be lines and bracelets etc.

burial
04-10-2015, 01:14 AM
please remember about me :) I would love to get one...

wizardsrainbow
04-10-2015, 03:15 AM
Jerome..you nailed it....I ordered 6 (confirmed) from the SF outfit and now they have blockaded internet orders...I have 0% hope they will honor my order.

bdwyer19
04-10-2015, 04:08 AM
This is the official word from BookShop West Portal...

Attention!!
The Stephen King Finder's Keeper's Broadside And Other Independent Bookstore Day Items Will Be Availabe For In-Store Purchase Only!
They Will Be On Sale For 1 Day Only! That day is May 2nd, California Bookstore Day! First Come, First Serve! No Holds! No Pre-Orders! No Web Orders! No Shipping!!
We Open At 10 AM!

Rahfa
04-10-2015, 05:12 AM
Hahahahahahahahahaha

EXPLORER
04-10-2015, 05:57 AM
With only 1500 being released. How do the book stores know how many they are getting?

They had to pre-order by Feb 1st 2015. So they should have an idea of what they requested.. The catalog they order from states No ONLINE Sales and only available after May 2nd.
SF store apparently overlooked that........ and when the word spread....... they got swamped with orders.

The idea of this promotion is to bring people into Independent Bookstores and help promote them.
It makes good business sense however can be tough on collectors.

Nerak
04-10-2015, 07:41 AM

They had to pre-order by Feb 1st 2015. So they should have an idea of what they requested.. The catalog they order from states No ONLINE Sales and only available after May 2nd.
SF store apparently overlooked that........ and when the word spread....... they got swamped with orders.

The idea of this promotion is to bring people into Independent Bookstores and help promote them.
It makes good business sense however can be tough on collectors.

AH! Guess I will be checking out my local store on May 2nd.

wizardsrainbow
04-10-2015, 08:36 AM
Just got this email...shit out of luck people:

Hi David, Sorry the rules weren't clearly posted before but these products are for the California Independent Bookstore Day promotion and are not available except through in-store purchase on the day of the event. This is not our rule, this is the ground rules for the promotion as set out by the organization. We don't even receive the products until a day or two before the event and have very limited quantities. We literally had hundreds of orders come in yesterday that we will not be fulfilling. We apologize for any inconvenience

Merlin1958
04-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Huh, I ordered 5 or 6 for different folks on the forum from the, Montana store. I guess I'll be receiving an email in the near future. To those folks, Sorry, I tried!!!

Merlin1958
04-10-2015, 08:48 AM
Just got this email...shit out of luck people:

Hi David, Sorry the rules weren't clearly posted before but these products are for the California Independent Bookstore Day promotion and are not available except through in-store purchase on the day of the event. This is not our rule, this is the ground rules for the promotion as set out by the organization. We don't even receive the products until a day or two before the event and have very limited quantities. We literally had hundreds of orders come in yesterday that we will not be fulfilling. We apologize for any inconvenience

Was this from the Montana store?

He mentioned, California :doh:

Kingfan24
04-10-2015, 08:53 AM
No bill. He mentioned what the products were for, not where he ordered them.

Merlin1958
04-10-2015, 08:57 AM

Not to beat a dead horse but "California Independent Bookstore Day promotion", would not seem to pertain to "Montana". My understanding is that this is a national event with individual state implications. Of course, I may be off base and if so, I apologize.

Kingfan24
04-10-2015, 09:00 AM

Not to beat a dead horse but "California Independent Bookstore Day promotion", would not seem to pertain to "Montana". My understanding is that this is a national event with individual state implications. Of course, I may be off base and if so, I apologize.

No worries. It's called one of two things. California bookstore day OR indie bookstore day. They are interchangeable. At least that's my understanding.

bdwyer19
04-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Unfortunately the independent bookstore near me did not order any of the broadsheets.

Merlin1958
04-10-2015, 09:05 AM

No worries. It's called one of two things. California bookstore day OR indie bookstore day. They are interchangeable. At least that's my understanding.

Doesn't one preclude the other? I guess we'll soon find out. I meant no offense, though I was my usual "smart ass" self.

Dano
04-10-2015, 09:22 AM
The Montana store where I ordered ONE just cancelled my order...

Dan

Kingfan24
04-10-2015, 09:22 AM
Same.

zelig
04-10-2015, 09:23 AM
Well this is fun...

Dano
04-10-2015, 09:26 AM
Now that the stores recognize their secondary market demand, I wonder how much the mark-up will be on Ebay with the ones they hold back?

Dan

Merlin1958
04-10-2015, 09:26 AM
The Montana store where I ordered ONE just cancelled my order...

Dan

Same.

Me too. Oh well, I really tried folks!!! Sorry to let you all down.

You could still deposit $10 in the HF widget and get good karma and a chance at a signed book by, King!!!!

Kingfan24
04-10-2015, 09:29 AM
Now I wonder if stores will even allow people to buy more than one in-store.

jhanic
04-10-2015, 09:31 AM
I just got my order canceled also.

John

bdwyer19
04-10-2015, 09:43 AM
Now I wonder if stores will even allow people to buy more than one in-store.

It's definitely possible. The stores are bound to selling the promo items in-store only. How they sell in-store is probably up to them. Just speculation though.

mae
04-10-2015, 09:46 AM
Is the handwritten text an excerpt from the novel?

wolfehr
04-10-2015, 09:51 AM
What I had read is that it started out as California Independent Bookstore Day, but this year they got other regional Independent Bookstores Associations on board. I'm going to be on vacation May 2nd and am hoping there's a participating independent bookstore in the area!

http://independentbookstoreday.com/

Edit 1: Just looked up my trip schedule, and the wedding I'm attending is May 2nd :/

Edit 2: Participating independent bookstore 15 minutes from the hotel :excited:

Dano
04-10-2015, 09:55 AM
The Montana book store wrote me and said that their listing was a mistake and that it will be for in store only.

Dan

Merlin1958
04-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Well, Jerome called it despite what "PC" concerns there may be he nailed it on the head.

bdwyer19
04-10-2015, 10:10 AM
What I had read is that it started out as California Independent Bookstore Day, but this year they got other regional Independent Bookstores Associations on board. I'm going to be on vacation May 2nd and am hoping there's a participating independent bookstore in the area!

Edit 1: Just looked up my trip schedule, and the wedding I'm attending is May 2nd :/

Are they carrying the broadsheet? The bookstore near me is also participating, but did not order all the promo items.

Roseannebarr
04-10-2015, 10:22 AM
The Montana book store wrote me and said that their listing was a mistake and that it will be for in store only.

Dan

Although I too would like to blame Br!an for ruining this for ALL of us! The bookstore was onto everyone way before Br!an screwed this up. It was always intended to be a in store promo item with very little quantities. Even 2 is more than they were prepared to handle! My store said they have gotten several calls yesterday about the broadsheet from around the country and the world. They suggested that we get there before noon on the 2nd. I plan on lining up before they open.

I am now going to blame Br!an for global warming, the fact that King only has two books coming out this year and all the snow on the east coast.

and before I forget, Br!an is also to blame for the fact that I only got 12 signed copies of revival in Florida.

:angry::pirate::huglove::lol1::lol1:

Can we BAN Br!an from this site, publically shame him and hold him responsible for the riots in Ferguson as well?

Thanks!

Bev Vincent
04-10-2015, 10:28 AM

Yes.

Rahfa
04-10-2015, 10:39 AM
I don't have a dog in this fight, so I'm sorry but this is just hysterical.

sharki69
04-10-2015, 10:40 AM
1. Each store who ordered this item will have at least 5 copies - Sold wholesale in packs of 5 with packaging for $15 (75% discount).

2. What we need to ask our self is - how we found out about this 3-4 months after it was initially offered to bookstores ?

3. Last year's CBD "hot" item was Neil Gaiman's The Sleeper and the Spindle - sold for $16. Now $70 - $100 on ebay.

wolfehr
04-10-2015, 10:40 AM

Are they carrying the broadsheet? The bookstore near me is also participating, but did not order all the promo items.

Grah, good catch. I should probably call them first...

Dano
04-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Goodness gracious! I thought I was helping a small bookstore with a small buy of something that would have ended up tacked on my refrigerator. Not really a rare or desired collectible, IMHO.

Dan

jhanic
04-10-2015, 11:23 AM
I actually feel a bit sorry for the bookstores involved. I'm sure they had no idea what this announcement would entail.

John

bdwyer19
04-10-2015, 11:30 AM
I actually feel a bit sorry for the bookstores involved. I'm sure they had no idea what this announcement would entail.

John

What... That Stephen King collectors are a crazy bunch of people??

Randall Flagg
04-10-2015, 11:45 AM
I called a store that I've done business with before and the person was kind enough to hold two for me (must be picked up in person 5/2/2015). Good part is they are very near several good brewpubs and tap-houses.

http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger2/438/1887/1600/z/403560/gse_multipart36228.gif

Ben Staad
04-10-2015, 12:17 PM
I did some checking today and there are no independent bookstores in my area that will have these...thanks Br!an.

Randall Flagg
04-10-2015, 12:37 PM
It is. I spoke with ****** at Book Portal in San Francisco and they were perplexed. They normally come in and find 3-5 internet orders. There were orders for >200.
I did apologize for our members gluttony, but we also laughed. I explained that we have members from around the world, and sometimes we get a bit desperate.
All good fun.
I did find a store that will have >20, but most stores are doing a first come first serve limit 1 per person. If they don't sell out Saturday, then on Sunday (still must buy in person), then the limit is lifted (capped by quantity on hand).

herbertwest
04-10-2015, 01:27 PM

Yes.

But a fac simile I guess.

herbertwest
04-10-2015, 01:28 PM

Dan

Although I too would like to blame Br!an for ruining this for ALL of us! The bookstore was onto everyone way before Br!an screwed this up. It was always intended to be a in store promo item with very little quantities. Even 2 is more than they were prepared to handle! My store said they have gotten several calls yesterday about the broadsheet from around the country and the world. They suggested that we get there before noon on the 2nd. I plan on lining up before they open.

I am now going to blame Br!an for global warming, the fact that King only has two books coming out this year and all the snow on the east coast.

and before I forget, Br!an is also to blame for the fact that I only got 12 signed copies of revival in Florida.

:angry::pirate::huglove::lol1::lol1:

Can we BAN Br!an from this site, publically shame him and hold him responsible for the riots in Ferguson as well?

Thanks!

Maybe it's my fault for sharing the news here after reading it on Lilja's

Randall Flagg
04-10-2015, 01:40 PM

Yes.

King has difficulty signing his name 400 times. Do you think he hand wrote (or even signed) 1,500 originals? $12 each...

Randall Flagg
04-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Maybe it's my fault for sharing the news here after reading it on Lilja's
It really is no one persons "fault". Everyone was equally denied as the rules are a May 2nd release day, and should be purchased in person, usually a 1 PP limit.

It actually was a pleasant surprise that our site "blew up" the orders at Book Portal.

herbertwest
04-11-2015, 01:47 AM

Yes.

King has difficulty signing his name 400 times. Do you think he hand wrote (or even signed) 1,500 originals? $12 each...

I didnt expect anything less than a fac simile.
And for the fault, I was being sarky ;)

Lookwhoitis
04-11-2015, 08:46 AM

Concur

Lookwhoitis
04-11-2015, 08:59 AM
Goodness gracious! I thought I was helping a small bookstore with a small buy of something that would have ended up tacked on my refrigerator. Not really a rare or desired collectible, IMHO.

Dan

That is what these are supposed to be, LOL

But the King collecting community is like a pack of rabid dogs :D

Lookwhoitis
04-11-2015, 09:14 AM
it started out as California Independent Bookstore Day, but this year they got other regional Independent Bookstores Associations on board.

This is a spinoff from the massively successful Free Comic Book Day Promotion that has been going on for a number of years. The IBA recognized FCBD's success in marketing and copied their formula.

This promotional day is designed to get people into the stores thus increasing their business and making sure the Independent bookstore and Local Comic Book Shop (businesses that run on razor thin profit margins from operating a physical Brick & Mortar location instead of on the internet which is a cheaper business model) do not go the way of the dinosaur.

Folks who call up from out of state who try and buy up all of the "hot" collectibles in order to speculate and make a profit from hawking a "limited edition" item do not understand the spirit or meaning of the event.

The events are designed to GIVE BACK to the local Independent Bookstores and Comic Shops, not GIVE YOU the opportunity to make money by flipping a collectible (which lets face it is just a printed one sheet similar to the free promotional movie posters they give away at the theater). Thus the "limited Edition" forspecials they hand out are given away (or sold at a small price) only AT THE STORE starting ON MAY 2nd.

If you appreciate your local shop, give them a visit on May 2nd. You might have a good time, give some business to your local shop that they sorely need, and end up with a nifty item to boot!

and you help keep these types of businesses ALIVE.

Lookwhoitis
04-11-2015, 09:19 AM
Although I personally love Free Comic Book Day and am sure I would enjoy heartily Independent Bookstore Day events as well, I will not be going on May 2nd.

Here is where I will be: (you gotta have your priorities in life)

http://lineup.nojazzfest.com/events/2015/05/02/

http://blackbirdmusicgroup.com/nevilles-forever-a-celebration-of-the-neville-brothers-concert/

bdwyer19
04-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Although I personally love Free Comic Book Day and am sure I would enjoy heartily Independent Bookstore Day events as well, I will not be going on May 2nd.

Here is where I will be: (you gotta have your priorities in life)

http://lineup.nojazzfest.com/events/2015/05/02/

http://blackbirdmusicgroup.com/nevilles-forever-a-celebration-of-the-neville-brothers-concert/

Fun! Jazz Fest is on my concert bucket list, and it's a great lineup this year. I'm actually going to Lollapalooza this year. I couldn't tell you 90% of the bands there, but between Metallica and Paul McCartney, I couldn't pass it up.

The Library Policeman
04-11-2015, 01:04 PM

Many thanks!

Ah thanks any way, Paul. Good of you to say :)

Randall Flagg
04-11-2015, 01:48 PM
I'm fortunate that in this situation there are quite a few independent bookstores in my area. One of a few luxuries of living in Northern California.
There are >6 bookstores within 40 miles of me that have ordered the broadsides. Four stores are within a 10 mile circle.
As mentioned, I'll try to visit two or three of them, but I'll spend at least $50 per store in addition to the broadside. If I obtain an extra, the price will have to include the $50 I spent at the store.

LostAlivE
04-11-2015, 04:14 PM
Isn't Mr.Mercedes and Finders Keepers the first two books of a trilogy?
I think I remember reading it here on this site. I don't remember where I read it. I would appreciate it if someone would refresh my memory.

jhanic
04-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Yes, they are the first two in a trilogy. According to Ms Mod on the SKMB, King is in the process of writing the third volume, so far untitled.

John

wolfehr
04-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Isn't Mr.Mercedes and Finders Keepers the first two books of a trilogy?
I think I remember reading it here on this site. I don't remember where I read it. I would appreciate it if someone would refresh my memory.

That's correct, they are.

Dear Constant Reader,

Mr. Mercedes is the first volume of a projected trilogy concerning Bill Hodges, his friends… and his enemies. The second volume, Finders Keepers, is finished (in first draft, at least) and will be published in the first half of 2015, perhaps followed by a book of new stories in the fall (or not). Anyway, these three novels seem to revolve around the City Center Massacre that opens Mr. Mercedes.

deadcentral.com >> Stephen King Shares a Few More Details on Finders Keepers and Honors the Victims of Mr. Mercedes (http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/54195/stephen-king-shares-a-few-more-details-on-finders-keepers-and-honors-the-victims-of-mr-mercedes/#axzz34nQzYjza)

Sir_Boomme
04-11-2015, 07:26 PM
can you say another POS S&S limited edition .... (

like the POS limited TGWLTG popup... now that S&S see's there's a demand for them, they'll probably jump the price up to a grand...

another S&S fiasco ... just more tender for the BBQ pit

Sir_Boomme
04-11-2015, 07:33 PM
<= not even calling our independent store to check on this... even if they had all 1500 copies and were giving it away, I wouldn't waste my time driving down there and parking (it'd be same Austin store that hosted the king signing some of you guys came to)

Rahfa
04-12-2015, 04:50 PM
There's an indy story a few miles away from me...I might check in just to see if they have some copies, but I don't really care that much. If I got one, I'd either frame it in my office or maybe see if someone here wants it.

Merlin1958
04-12-2015, 05:26 PM
Just FYI, but this is a response I received on my inquiry to the, Montana store...

"Fact & Fiction ordered the Stephen King broadside as part of a promotion. As
with all of the books and merchandise we promote on our website, these are
subject to the publisher or supplier providing them. Publications are
cancelled, orders are cut, and customers are disappointed. This is the
information I recently received from the organizers of the promotion:

SHIPPING NEWS
Because of limited print runs on the Chris Ware print, the Allie Brosh
broadside, and the Stephen King broadside, orders have been adjusted downward.
If you placed orders for those items, you will receive at least 1 copy

We cannot fill any mail orders

EAT. SLEEP. READ Local
Barbara Theroux
Fact & Fiction "

bdwyer19
04-12-2015, 06:14 PM
So, it's in-store only. Sounds pretty consistent.

Randall Flagg
04-12-2015, 06:56 PM
So, it's in-store only. Sounds pretty consistent.
I believe that's been clarified for a couple of days now.

herbertwest
04-13-2015, 03:43 AM
Just FYI, but this is a response I received on my inquiry to the, Montana store...

SHIPPING NEWS

EAT. SLEEP. READ Local
Barbara Theroux
Fact & Fiction "

Is it me or this message doesnt even make sense?

Merlin1958
04-13-2015, 03:57 AM

SHIPPING NEWS

EAT. SLEEP. READ Local
Barbara Theroux
Fact & Fiction "

It's you.

Br!an
04-13-2015, 04:20 AM
It makes sense.

If you are local and ordered multiple copies they adjusted your order to one.

If you are not local then they will not ship to you and canceled the order.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-13-2015, 04:42 AM

You should have this as your signature :)

Nerak
04-13-2015, 05:42 AM
I will swing by my local Indy while out comic hunting with the kids!

jhanic
04-13-2015, 05:49 AM
I will swing by my local Indy while out comic hunting with the kids!

If you manage to get more than one, please don't forget me!

John

herbertwest
04-13-2015, 05:58 AM

You should have this as your signature :)

f. off :p

Rahfa
04-13-2015, 10:03 AM
Haha - so I contacted my local bookstore and asked them to hold me one.

She actually said they were getting a "very few" and did I want her to hold "one." So I'm not getting more than that.

So - if I like it I might frame it in my office...or maybe I'll offer it to someone here.

Or I might just light it on fire. Haha

Sir_Boomme
04-13-2015, 10:10 AM

She actually said they were getting a "very few" and did I want her to hold "one." So I'm not getting more than that.

So - if I like it I might frame it in my office...or maybe I'll offer it to someone here.

S&S crap makes great kindling/ light material for the BBQ... so I hear

Merlin1958
04-13-2015, 10:51 AM

Use "Faithful" as kindling.

biblio.phage
05-02-2015, 08:08 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/KNOMEOR/King-Small_zps2adlopvk.jpg

Cook
05-02-2015, 08:12 AM
I have extra copies of finders keepers broadside 35.00
Please pm

zelig
05-02-2015, 08:28 AM
Hitting eBay already. I see one listed for $89.99 with make an offer. I feel $30 to $35 is a fair price at this stage.

AstroDad
05-02-2015, 08:49 AM
I managed to pick up 3 broadsides today. The store had promised to hold one for me, but ended up letting me buy two more. I don't think anyone else had inquired about them and they likely would have let me buy all 5 they had to sell had I asked, but I already felt greedy getting more than one and left a couple for others. Frankly, I am surprised the demand wasn't higher. This was the only store in the area I saw that would be selling them. You would think in a city the size of Houston there would have been more interest.

Also, they were $6...I was expecting $12

I'll be curious to see what the market value ends up being.

Roseannebarr
05-02-2015, 08:54 AM
I managed to pick up 3 broadsides today. The store had promised to hold one for me, but ended up letting me buy two more. I don't think anyone else had inquired about them and they likely would have let me buy all 5 they had to sell had I asked, but I already felt greedy getting more than one and left a couple for others. Frankly, I am surprised the demand wasn't higher. This was the only store in the area I saw that would be selling them. You would think in a city the size of Houston there would have been more interest.

I believe the stores paid around $1. You got a great independent bookstore! I paid $12 each

Sir_Boomme
05-02-2015, 08:54 AM

I'll buy one for a nickel... if you throw in a can of lighter fluid....

jhanic
05-02-2015, 09:07 AM
I got a copy at each of the two stores I visited. One was $12, the other $5. Limit was one at each store.

John

Nerak
05-02-2015, 09:50 AM
I got two at my store. :-)

Merlin1958
05-02-2015, 09:54 AM
If you want a chance at a signed copy of this book, donate $10 to the HF widget!!!

Cook
05-02-2015, 09:58 AM
I have extra copies of finders keepers broadside 35.00
Please pm if interested

**** ONLY ONE LEFT ****

Merlin1958
05-02-2015, 10:00 AM
RF is offering Broadside's for $29.99 shipped in the U.S. (Intl at cost) one per customer, PM requests to him. First come, first served.

Randall Flagg
05-02-2015, 10:09 AM
RF is offering Broadside's for $29.99 shipped in the U.S. (Intl at cost) one per customer, PM requests to him. First come, first served.
$25 shipped in US, international at cost. You can't spend time, gasoline, sales tax, packaging and postage for cheaper than that.

Randall Flagg
05-02-2015, 10:19 AM
Factory sealed 5-pack that I was able to purchase.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1430590717-Finders%20Keepers%20broadside%20purchase%20290x516 .jpeg

Br!an
05-02-2015, 10:41 AM
Factory sealed 5-pack that I was able to purchase.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1430590717-Finders%20Keepers%20broadside%20purchase%20290x516 .jpeg

They are about as tall as the print on your shirt, thinner though.

tippy4
05-02-2015, 11:08 AM
Bob Odenkirk just signed my copy in a Hollywood bookstore.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/ornate12/photo-172_zpspn4fa0mm.jpg (http://s156.photobucket.com/user/ornate12/media/photo-172_zpspn4fa0mm.jpg.html)

Merlin1958
05-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Wow!!! Better call, Saul!!!

Papaseraphim
05-02-2015, 01:31 PM
Well, a new store opened in our neighborhood and I chack and they were participating in Independent Bookstore day,

I couldn't go so I sent the wife. She text me saying that they weren't carrying the the Finders Keepers broadside or any King books.

Turns out they are a feminist bookstore, "just like the bookstore in Portlandia" my wife says.:P:tongue:

Randall Flagg
05-02-2015, 02:03 PM

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/ornate12/photo-172_zpspn4fa0mm.jpg (http://s156.photobucket.com/user/ornate12/media/photo-172_zpspn4fa0mm.jpg.html)

I think mine will be worth more when SK signs it.

tippy4
05-02-2015, 03:40 PM
I think it will too.....I wonder if he will cross out his printed name and sign beneath it as I have seen him do.

divemaster
05-02-2015, 05:47 PM

I actually think that is all kinds of awesome.

Ari_Racing
05-02-2015, 07:03 PM

That is SO COOL! Congratulations!

Fsmdr
05-03-2015, 08:29 AM
Looks like we can now order UK edition on Amazon US

http://www.amazon.com/Finders-Keepers-Stephen-King/dp/1473698995/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1&qid=1430670508

jhanic
05-03-2015, 09:13 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Finders-Keepers-Stephen-King/dp/1473698995/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=8-1&qid=1430670508

I know that's the UK cover, but nowhere does it say it's the UK edition. I probably will keep my UK Amazon order in to make sure I get the UK edition.

John

carlosdetweiller
05-03-2015, 09:24 AM

I know that's the UK cover, but nowhere does it say it's the UK edition. I probably will keep my UK Amazon order in to make sure I get the UK edition.

John

It says it is published by Hodder & Stoughton.

Fsmdr
05-03-2015, 09:25 AM

John

It does say:
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton Ltd (June 2, 2015)

carlosdetweiller
05-03-2015, 09:26 AM

John

It does say:

Juliana, Great minds think alike (and post alike)! And almost at the same time.

Fsmdr
05-03-2015, 09:57 AM

John

It does say:

Juliana, Great minds think alike (and post alike)! And almost at the same time.

But you beat me to it!.

jhanic
05-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Wonderful! I'll cancel my UK Amazon order and get it from the US! Thanks!

John

needfulthings
05-03-2015, 10:38 AM
NEVERMIND.

LostAlivE
05-03-2015, 01:51 PM
Does anyone know about the limited editions of these?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-03-2015, 02:00 PM
Does anyone know about the limited editions of these?

Yes. They are limited to 1,250,000 copies :rolleyes:

LostAlivE
05-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Aw Mr. Rabbit I am asking if they are going to have like a 1 of 200 or 1 of 700 like they have foe the last few books?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-06-2015, 09:48 AM
Aw Mr. Rabbit I am asking if they are going to have like a 1 of 200 or 1 of 700 like they have foe the last few books?

No word yet. We will let everyone know when we find out anything.

LostAlivE
05-06-2015, 10:12 AM
Thanks Mr. Rabbit Trick.

SystemCrashOverRide
05-06-2015, 10:27 AM
Just placed my order for both. Thanks for the heads up!

jonp
05-11-2015, 10:38 AM
By WHSmiths website, there is going to be a WHSmith exclusive edition of Finders Keepers. There are no details and pictures as yet. If anybody wants a copy I am happy to get one for them.

sharki69
05-11-2015, 11:02 AM
Finders Keepers sweepstakes

We've teamed up with Scribner and Simon & Schuster Audio to give you a chance to receive Finders Keepers on publication date, June 2nd! One Grand Prize winner will receive a hardcover copy of the book signed by Stephen, 20 winners will receive CD audiobooks, and 20 winners will receive hardcover books. Use the form below to enter now.

http://stephenking.com/promo/finders-keepers/sweepstakes.php

Kingfan24
05-11-2015, 11:09 AM
By WHSmiths website, there is going to be a WHSmith exclusive edition of Finders Keepers. There are no details and pictures as yet. If anybody wants a copy I am happy to get one for them.

Will this madness ever end.

jonp
05-11-2015, 11:34 AM

Probably not, they're on to a good thing here. Some of us buy 2 or 3 copies rather than one!

webstar1000
05-11-2015, 12:39 PM
I won't do it. I have decided to collect the books I like and look the best... And make me the happiest.

LostAlivE
05-11-2015, 01:53 PM
jonp
I tried to send you a e-mail but it would not take it.
I would like to know if you will get me 3 copies of the WH Smith edition?

jhanic
05-11-2015, 01:56 PM
The completist in me will make me buy that one and also, if Waterstones issues one, that one too.

John

stroppygoblin
05-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Here we go again... Good job I have lots of boxes ... :evil:

zelig
05-11-2015, 02:41 PM
As usual, I'm in too.

Merlin1958
05-11-2015, 04:10 PM
Pretty sure you can have a one time chance to get a signed 1/1 of Finders Keepers, by making a $10 donation to the HF widget and winning the Grand Prize Giveaway!!! You can't win it, if you ain't in it!!!!

jonp
05-11-2015, 11:36 PM
jonp
I tried to send you a e-mail but it would not take it.
I would like to know if you will get me 3 copies of the WH Smith edition?

Tried to PM you, but you have exceeded your stored PM quota. I will be able to get 3 copies for you!

herbertwest
05-12-2015, 02:20 AM

Well, everything time it's the same thing. Should be used to it by now ;)

Papaseraphim
05-18-2015, 10:31 AM
So I get an email fro SK.com pointing to an excerpt from Finders Keepers on EW.com with two pieces of artwork by Jae Lee and June Chung.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/13/stephen-king-finders-keepers-excerpt#

Is the artwork gonna be in the book or was it done for Entertainment Weekly?

By the way the art of the top of the page is amazing!

Bev Vincent
05-18-2015, 10:43 AM
Probably just for EW.

jhanic
05-18-2015, 11:05 AM
I got my copy of EW today.

John

you ever seen a ghost?
05-18-2015, 12:18 PM
anyone receive their finished hardcover? i was told they were hoping to ship them last week...

Bev Vincent
05-18-2015, 12:35 PM
Not yet.

Randall Flagg
05-18-2015, 12:42 PM
anyone receive their finished hardcover? i was told they were hoping to ship them last week...
Anticipate several cases on 5/28...

amd013
05-18-2015, 01:05 PM

John

Yeah, I got mine in the mail last week. I have a subscription to EW (free bonus for buying something at best buy I thing). By the time it gets to me in the mail, its pretty beat up. I usually don't keep them around more then a month. I don't (yet) collect magazines with stories/articles per-se (although I do have an old Playboy I didn't throw away because it had a SK story in it (Mute, I think it was called)).

Considering it is probably in VG+ at best, is it worth hanging on to?

Mike

carlosdetweiller
05-18-2015, 01:07 PM

John

Yeah, I got mine in the mail last week. I have a subscription to EW (free bonus for buying something at best buy I thing). By the time it gets to me in the mail, its pretty beat up. I usually don't keep them around more then a month. I don't (yet) collect magazines with stories/articles per-se (although I do have an old Playboy I didn't throw away because it had a SK story in it (Mute, I think it was called)).

Mike

If you are asking if it will ever appreciate in price and be worth more than what you paid, then I think the answer is no.

jhanic
05-18-2015, 02:09 PM

John

Mike

If you are asking if it will ever appreciate in price and be worth more than what you paid, then I think the answer is no.

I agree. I just think it's kind of neat to have.

John

carlosdetweiller
05-18-2015, 02:13 PM
I agree. I just think it's kind of neat to have.

John

I think it is neat to have too. I went to B&N and bought one for my collection.

jhanic
05-18-2015, 02:15 PM
I got mine from one of my local grocery stores.

John

zelig
05-18-2015, 02:27 PM
Yes, definitely nice to have. I couldn't get out to the bookstore for a copy so I ordered it on the EW website and arrived a couple days ago in good condition.

amd013
05-18-2015, 02:58 PM

John

Mike

Thanks, fortunately it can't depreciate much, since I got the subscription for free :wink:

I'll probably keep it around until the next "spring" cleaning purge. Recently threw away some old TV Guides I had kept because they featured Jennifer Garner (had a thing for her back when she was on Alias) or James Bond. I haven't thrown away some of the EW issues that featured some of the recent Marvel movies either.

amd013
05-18-2015, 02:58 PM

John

Mike

Thanks, fortunately it can't depreciate much, since I got the subscription for free :wink:

I'll probably keep it around until the next "spring" cleaning purge. Recently threw away some old TV Guides I had kept because they featured Jennifer Garner (had a thing for her back when she was on Alias) or James Bond. I haven't thrown away some of the EW issues that featured some of the recent Marvel movies either.

amd013
05-18-2015, 03:04 PM
Sorry for the double post, was some sort of hicup with my internet connection. It even came back indicating that my work proxy had blocked the post. Maybe when I tried to reload the page, it posted again.

Merlin1958
05-18-2015, 03:19 PM
Sorry for the double post, was some sort of hicup with my internet connection. It even came back indicating that my work proxy had blocked the post. Maybe when I tried to reload the page, it posted again.

Oh, you're on an official "Time Out" now!!! LOL LOL J/K

Theli
05-19-2015, 04:33 AM

John

Mike

What's VG on a magazine like that, the pages only stick a bit? ;) :lol:

amd013
05-19-2015, 07:34 AM

Oh, you're on an official "Time Out" now!!! LOL LOL J/K

Well, at least I'm not on secret double probation! Or at least I don't think I am.

stroppygoblin
05-19-2015, 07:48 AM
It is possible for you to delete your own posts. Just edit it and choose Delete from the bottom right hand menu.

zelig
05-19-2015, 07:52 AM
Did anyone notice on the back of the UK proof, there is mention of a Trade Paperback edition? I wonder if one is being released at the same time. I'm guessing it's basically the 'airport' edition which has been the case with the last few new releases.

tippy4
06-03-2015, 02:27 PM
The new book released yesterday and not a single posting in this thread????

becca69
06-03-2015, 02:36 PM
I was wondering myself. I was also waiting to see if any last minute signings might pop up??!

jhanic
06-03-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm hoping to get a signed copy, but nothing so far.

John

zelig
06-03-2015, 03:08 PM
A signed copy would be great! I posted in the Cara Laughs thread for FK the other day when I finished the book. Loved it. Also there's a second thread for the book in The Oracle (where there's been some discussion.)

herbertwest
06-04-2015, 12:27 AM
Except the WHSMith, are there any other variants?

stroppygoblin
06-04-2015, 12:29 AM
Except the WHSMith, are there any other variants?

Not in the UK. Nothing has been reported in the US. There may be an airport edition (soft cover - large format) but only a few collect those

Lauterer
06-04-2015, 12:45 AM
The new book released yesterday and not a single posting in this thread????

There are two more threads to Finder keepers, probably to much ;-)

sharki69
06-10-2015, 06:56 AM
It's been more than a week from publication and no signed copy popped up yet ?

Come on guys.... Getting rusty ????

zelig
06-10-2015, 07:27 AM

Someone go stand outside his house with stack of books.

SystemCrashOverRide
06-10-2015, 07:51 AM

Mine's in the making.

webstar1000
06-10-2015, 08:06 AM

Mine's in the making.

Bragger!

SystemCrashOverRide
06-10-2015, 08:09 AM

Mine's in the making.

Bragger!

:excited:

Lot guy
06-10-2015, 08:54 AM
Mine should be here in about a month, As long as all things stay on course.

Although mine will not be inscribed like Chase's, Congratulations again!

SystemCrashOverRide
06-10-2015, 09:09 AM

Thanks man, I still can't believe it. I'm so pumped to see what the inscription is.

bdwyer19
06-10-2015, 09:14 AM

How'd you manage that??

becca69
06-10-2015, 11:22 AM

How'd you manage that??

Yes, spill :orely:

Lot guy
06-10-2015, 11:34 AM

How'd you manage that??

Yes, spill :orely:

I hate to be that guy that says I can't share that information, but I am going to have to be as I'm not looking to burn bridges. All I can say us that one copy is guaranteed and a second copy is almost 100%, the second copy is already going to a member here.

Randall Flagg
06-10-2015, 11:44 AM

Mine's in the making.
King is supposed to inscribe your book in late June. He isn't in the office the next two + weeks.

SystemCrashOverRide
06-10-2015, 11:47 AM

Mine's in the making.
King is supposed to inscribe your book in late June. He isn't in the office the next two + weeks.

Fine Fine, mine is waiting in the wings to be made. Regardless ;)

Merlin1958
06-10-2015, 11:59 AM

Mine's in the making.

:FU: :biggrin:

AKC
06-10-2015, 04:27 PM
LOT GUY has one FOR SALE in the Classifieds Thread!

Jimimck
06-10-2015, 08:25 PM
For you completists out there, there is also a UK trade paperback edition that is printed in Australia...

webstar1000
06-11-2015, 05:54 AM
WHO IS GOING TO THE SIGNING JULY 12TH??? I JUST GOT TICKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

webstar1000
06-11-2015, 05:55 AM
KING SIGNING!!!

News Flash: Stephen King will be signing 500 copies of his newest book Finders Keepers on July 12th at 10am in Bridgton Maine bookstore. 2 ticket max per person. Both people required to show photo ID.

Call bookstore at (207) 647-2122

I will be there!

edit: FROM BETT'S

Dan
03-26-2016, 12:19 PM
I bought the Pocket Books paperback of Finders Keepers today. I looked and my paperback copy of Mr. Mercedes is Gallery Books. Did I miss a Gallery Books edition of Finders Keepers? Is the Pocket Books version the first paperback? Is the Gallery Books version of Mr. Mercedes the first paperback?

zelig
03-26-2016, 01:15 PM
That's a good point. As far as I know, they skipped a trade paperback edition (Gallery) of FK. It looks like there's a large print paperback edition with the trade cover art if that's of any interest.

Dan
03-27-2016, 04:27 PM
On Simon and Schuster's website it shows the trade paperback and mass market paperback of Mr. Mercedes, but only the mass market for Finder's Keepers. I'm not sure why. I guess I'll pick up the mass market Mr. Mercedes for a matching set.

zelig
04-04-2016, 02:39 PM
Dan this may be of interest to you. I discovered there is in fact a Gallery trade paperback of Finders Keepers. It's the Canadian edition. Look up this ISBN on amazon.ca and you can purchase it. I'm going to post a picture in my collection thread.

ISBN: 9781501140655

Dan
04-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Dan this may be of interest to you. I discovered there is in fact a Gallery trade paperback of Finders Keepers. It's the Canadian edition. Look up this ISBN on amazon.ca and you can purchase it. I'm going to post a picture in my collection thread.

ISBN: 9781501140655

Yes, thanks!