PDA

View Full Version : Clive Cussler's Dirk pitt

Jon
05-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Clive Cussler's Dirk pitt series has me baffled. I keep reading them out of order. I also noticed that Mr. Cussler wrote himself into one of the books!

Does anyone know the order to read them? I fear I have read the last in the series though.

OchrisO
05-09-2007, 10:06 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clive_Cussler has them listed in chrnological order under bibliography.

Apparently he wrote some of the earlier ones out of order, but then they sync up later on.

Randall Flagg
05-10-2007, 06:06 AM
Somewhere after the first few, Clive started to interject himself in each book.
I never liked it, which is why I wasn't so thrilled when SK wrote himself into the Tower series.
I also stopped liking Cussler around the time he started cowriting books. Worst of all is him now collaborating with his son. Trying to hand off the Dirk Pitt franchise as he gets older.

Matt
05-10-2007, 08:51 AM
I have enjoyed listening to the Dirk Pitt novels. I know I have heard them out of order and always wonder about the stories they are referring to.

I also like his new guy...somebody Austin isn't it?

As far as him being in them...I guess was okay. He was like a side bar

John Blaze
05-10-2007, 10:41 AM
After watching Sahara i decided to give his books a try. I didn't really enjoy them as much. It's not like the Bourne Identity books, i loved those, and they're nothing at all like the movies. Strangely though, I also enjoy the movies. It's great to have an average looking guy like Matt Damon be the hero for once. It's much more believable than when you get Ben Affleck in these "The Sum of All Fears" or pretty boy Colin in "The Recruit".

just saying.