PDA

View Full Version : The Need by.....ME!

Mattrick
02-26-2015, 12:45 AM
EDIT - My novel is officially for sale on Amazon. Here are some links.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0140BXYSO?*Version*=1&*entries*=0 (US)
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0140BXYSO?*Version*=1&*entries*=0 (Canada)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0140BXYSO?*Version*=1&*entries*=0 (UK)

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11021208_349880641880632_6895224023209429392_n.jpg ?oh=b941c3c3621e85b95f3cf3b7398ff543&oe=564442FB

Ricky
02-26-2015, 08:09 AM
Cool, Matt! So I guess you decided not to pursue an agent?

Mattrick
02-26-2015, 01:09 PM
I'm still trying to get an agent or publisher. This site is run by Harper Collins and I retain all copyrights etc. I'm putting it up here to try and develop a bit of a fanbase. The more people from all over the world that read it and bring attention to it, the bigger my chance of getting published are. Really, I just want to people to read it so I know if people even like it or not haha. I just started writing book two this week (20 pages in!) so I can finally let people dig into this while I have something else to keep me busy :)

fernandito
05-03-2015, 02:20 PM
Matt I'm starting this soon.
Looking forward to it.

Odetta
05-04-2015, 10:27 AM
:rock:

Mattrick
05-05-2015, 12:26 PM
I'm going through the code for the e-book version and making some adjustments. Not sure if I'll get all the indentations congruent, but I'll try. A lot of things got pushed together, some paragraphs are combines, stuff that ruins the functionality of the book. That should be uploaded in a day or two (or more, depending how instantaneous the upload is)

Mattrick
08-17-2015, 03:56 PM
Updated main post.

Ricky
08-17-2015, 04:43 PM
Intriguing synopsis, Matt.

Mattrick
08-17-2015, 09:40 PM
I just added to it a bit. I stared at a screen for three hours before I wrote that synopsis. It was surprisingly difficult to give just enough information and just enough of the plot away without spoiling anything. I think I did a good job...I established the setting, the characters and hinted at the main conflict.

fernandito
08-18-2015, 08:07 AM
Any purchases yet, Matt?

Also, you know I don't have an e-reader, right? I can't d/l your novel...

Ricky
08-18-2015, 08:24 AM
Same. :(

Heather19
08-18-2015, 08:33 AM
I just purchased it. Don't know how quickly I'll get to it though, I've got so many books to read.

Also there's a kindle app for the computer :)

fernandito
08-18-2015, 09:59 AM
Thanks, Heather. I'll check it out.

Girlystevedave
08-18-2015, 10:57 AM
Don't know how quickly I'll get to it though, I've got so many books to read.

Ditto what Heather said, but I'm gonna download it when I get home. :)

Mattrick
08-18-2015, 11:09 AM
Any purchases yet, Matt?

Also, you know I don't have an e-reader, right? I can't d/l your novel...

You can read it on any tablet, smartphone and laptop with download the free kindle reader app. You just select where you'd like it delivered to, a specific device or to the cloud so you can move it to your device.

And the purchases don't show up right away...pages read with Kindle Unlimited do, though. It didn't tell me I sold a unit yesterday until today.

Mattrick
08-18-2015, 11:15 AM
I just purchased it. Don't know how quickly I'll get to it though, I've got so many books to read.

Also there's a kindle app for the computer :)

Thanks for the support, Heather! So long as you get to it, right? lol.

And I HATE sounding like a youtuber, but don't forget to give it a star rating and if you can, write a review, an honest one. I care more about what people honestly think of it than anything else. Can only help me grow.

Ditto what Heather said, but I'm gonna download it when I get home.

Thankee sai for the support!

fernandito
08-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Oh, don't worry, I'll be honest....

Oh yes, honest....

OH HOW THE HONESTY WILL BE DISPENSED.

Mattrick
08-18-2015, 01:22 PM
I meant honesty as in 'this book is honestly the best book ever' lol

Girlystevedave
09-01-2015, 05:14 AM
Matt, I'm 75% into the story now. :thumbsup:

Guys, do yourself a favor and read it.

Do yourself another favor and DON'T click on this spoiler until you've read it.
I really really liked when Lloyd found the scribbled note that Andy had left and that tied in with the cover of the book. Well done. Well done. - On another note: You killed Andy! Damn you for making me care about these people and ripping them away from me. :lol:

Mattrick
09-02-2015, 08:18 AM
Matt, I'm 75% into the story now. :thumbsup:

Guys, do yourself a favor and read it.

Do yourself another favor and DON'T click on this spoiler until you've read it.
I really really liked when Lloyd found the scribbled note that Andy had left and that tied in with the cover of the book. Well done. Well done. - On another note: You killed Andy! Damn you for making me care about these people and ripping them away from me. :lol:

Sorry lol. I engineered Andy to be the most likeable character so his death carried a lot of weight. How did you like the final act? I was never quite sure how people would take to the smaller ending after how crazy everything got, and I didn't write the Coda until my very last draft (it originally ended at the end of chapter 20), but I felt there was something missing.

Girlystevedave
09-02-2015, 08:54 AM
If I'm being totally honest, I wasn't sure how I felt about the ending when I finished. I can see what you mean about it seeming "small" compared to everything that happened leading up to it. But, I thought on it a lot after and began to appreciate it the weight of it as my mind kept going back to the invisible threads that were mentioned multiple times in the story. And, maybe I'm wrong here, but I felt better about the thought that Lloyd didn't really achieve the redemption he was looking for in his life, but after, because of what he did in Erin's eyes, which ties to those invisible threads. Again, I could be totally wrong - that was just my interpretation of it.
And, yes- Andy's death sucked. You did a good job breaking my heart with that blow. :lol:

fernandito
09-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Matt

Even though I abhor the thought of reading a novel that is not printed on glorious paper that I can sniff and inhale, I promise I'll get to your book soon.