PDA

View Full Version : King Books With Official Signings

webstar1000
02-11-2015, 08:54 AM
Ralph (Caretaker 217) had a great idea for a thread. I could not find one but thought it would be neat to have one where books that had official signings were discussed. Where, how many stops on the tour, were other books allowed to be signed, etc. I know it makes a difference in the value of a book... a big difference. Anyways, I am sure there a lot of members that could provide some valuable input here. Thanks! kris

RC65
02-11-2015, 09:15 AM
I saw Stephen King during his tour for BAG OF BONES at an event held by University Bookstore in Seattle, WA. It was presumably held the year of publication, so late 1998...but I can't be certain it wasn't early 1999. Great talk and reading, and had an opportunity to speak with him briefly and shake his hand; unlike some more recent rule-heavy signings I've read about, this one was comparatively relaxed...the only rule was that there were no inscriptions, it was signatures only. If I recall correctly, he was signing BAG OF BONES only, one per person, as I don't remember having any other books signed by him at the event (and I certainly would have had it been allowed...as it was, I had two copies of BOB signed, one via me and one via my wife). Because of size restrictions, the University Bookstore held the event at an aptly-suited gothic-style church next door to its store...I believe it's called the University Temple.

webstar1000
02-11-2015, 09:16 AM
Maybe we could get a list together of what had signings (and how many there were??) and what did not?

mattgreenbean
02-11-2015, 09:21 AM
Dec 14th, 2011
Alpharetta, GA

Tour for 11/22/63

Only signed 11/22/63

Lined up for free arm bands to be in line.

Room 217 Caretaker
02-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Banned books and other concerns: The Virginia Beach lecture at Virginia Beach Public Library (1986). He didn't do a signing at this event but the opportunity to pickup signed books did exist. This is where my signed IT came from. During the event he read a chapter from Misery. I think this is discussed in the "Secret Windows" publication.

Mulleins

Roseannebarr
02-11-2015, 09:34 AM
Maybe we could get a list together of what had signings (and how many there were??) and what did not?

there is a thread and list similar to this started somewhere.

sorry I don't remember the thread name.

webstar1000
02-11-2015, 10:41 AM
I could not find it:(

sharki69
02-11-2015, 10:43 AM
Great idea Ralph & Kris

I would suggest creating a master list by book. Date/Location/type

So for Revival:

11/11/14 - New York City Barnes & Noble, Union Square (signing event)
11/12/14 - Washington, D.C. , GW Lisner Auditorium (Sponsored by Politics and Prose) (A limited number were pre-signed and distributed at random)
11/13/14 - Kansas City, MO, Unity Temple on the Plaza, Sanctuary (Sponsored by Rainy Day Books) (A limited number were pre-signed and distributed at random)
11/14/14 - Wichita, KS, Eugene M. Hughes Metroplex (Sponsored by Watermark Books in partnership with Wichita State University) (A limited number were pre-signed and distributed at random)
11/15/14 - Austin, TX, BookPeople (signing event)
11/17/14 - South Portland, ME, Books-A-Million (signing event)

How you'll consider Revival's 1/29/15 Bradenton event ? is it "official signing" event ?

webstar1000
02-11-2015, 10:45 AM
Great idea Ralph & Kris

I would suggest creating a master list by book. Date/Location/type

So for Revival:

11/11/14 - New York City Barnes & Noble, Union Square (signing event)
11/12/14 - Washington, D.C. , GW Lisner Auditorium (Sponsored by Politics and Prose) (A limited number were pre-signed and distributed at random)
11/13/14 - Kansas City, MO, Unity Temple on the Plaza, Sanctuary (Sponsored by Rainy Day Books) (A limited number were pre-signed and distributed at random)
11/14/14 - Wichita, KS, Eugene M. Hughes Metroplex (Sponsored by Watermark Books in partnership with Wichita State University) (A limited number were pre-signed and distributed at random)
11/15/14 - Austin, TX, BookPeople (signing event)
11/17/14 - South Portland, ME, Books-A-Million (signing event)

How you'll consider Revival's 1/29/15 Bradenton event ? is it "official signing" event ?

After what happened... not officially I guess but there was 330 signed books there for sale. It was funny too cause I bet 95% of those were mistreated, read, or just tossed aside. It really seemed there were few enthusiasts there... like us here.

killjoy72
02-11-2015, 11:25 AM
I would consider the Bradenton event official...

Merlin1958
02-11-2015, 02:08 PM
It's not exclusive to, King, but I would think alot of the material you are looking for can found here.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1148-Book-Signings-and-Appearances-Tips-and-experiences&p=901471#post901471

Certainly, a good start anyway. Goes back to 2007 anyway.

tippy4
02-11-2015, 03:46 PM
There are going to be title specific signings, and there are going to be non-title specific signings, and there will be those that are mixed.

Bradenton was a Revival signing.....the fact that a couple of other books were signed during the event is irrelevant (and I acknowledge it was not part of his promotional tour put forth by his publisher).

Toronto 2013 was a mixed signing....presigned Doctor Sleeps were available for purchase, and you could have King sign one title of your choice.

The Bookstore1 event last year was SUPPOSED to be a Doctor Sleep event......but in the end he signed anything.

stroppygoblin
02-11-2015, 03:53 PM
UK Signing I attended: Lisey's Story at Borders Bookstore, Oxford Street, London, UK on November 7th 2006.
Paris signing I attended: Dr Sleep at MK2 Bibliothéque, 128-162 Avenue due France, 75013 Paris. He also spoke at the Grand Rex on 16th but I don't know if any more signings were done.

Both of these allowed you to have any books signed.

tippy4
02-11-2015, 03:56 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/ornate12/DESPERATION1_zps6ff2b3a2.jpg (http://s156.photobucket.com/user/ornate12/media/DESPERATION1_zps6ff2b3a2.jpg.html)
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t21/ornate12/DESPERATION2_zps54630b4e.jpg (http://s156.photobucket.com/user/ornate12/media/DESPERATION2_zps54630b4e.jpg.html)

This was a mixed signing in that could buy a Desperation bookplate which King would sign), and have King sign a book you bought at Bookland.

webstar1000
02-11-2015, 05:07 PM
This is great stuff. Wonder how many in total he has done!

jhanic
02-11-2015, 05:16 PM
I know he did a signing in Columbus, Ohio for Insomnia in 1994. I did not attend, but I remember the publicity. If I remember correctly, it was at the Little Professor Bookstore.

John

Randall Flagg
02-11-2015, 05:46 PM
Pretty much it's a mess. Not that it shouln't be attempted to document, but the permutations (rip me if I'm wrong) of each event make it challenging and ongoing to get the information correct.

Roseannebarr
02-11-2015, 05:55 PM
This is great stuff. Wonder how many in total he has done!

1. Friday, October 14, 1994
Library Limited, Clayton, MO (suburb of St. Louis)
900 seat auditorium on Washington University campus
Signed Book with ticket Pre Signed. (1)

One book signed. Insomina

2. 2011 Mason Award Presentation
Stephen King
September 23, 2011 7:30 PM
any book you want signed, needed golden ticket
awesome reception prior to event (6)

6 books signed, kept 4
Carrie, Salems Lot, Gunslinger, Shining
gave away, IT and Lisey's Story to Brother In Law

3. Savannah Book Festival
Stephen King
2/19/12
Buy 11/22/63 sign 1 book of your choice each person, in person (not pre signed)
everyone could buy extra books. (8)

Night Shift, The Stand, Darktower II, Pet Semetary, Rage, The Shinging, 11/22/63 x 2

4. First Annual Chancellor's Speaker Series
Tsongas Center at UMASS Lowell
December 7, 2012 7:30 PM
No book signing/at VIP reception he signed everything/anything $100 reception (9)

Long Walk, TNLR, Startling Mysteries #6 and #12, Cujo, Christine, Firestarter, The Deadzone, 11/22/63

5. Stephen King in Conversation with Colin McEnroe
The Mark Twain House & Museum
July 18, 2013 8 PM
VIP Reception Free pre signed copy of Joyland. (5)
all others able to buy copy signed
event organizers were worse than Bradenton Event

Joyland x 5 (kept 2)

6. Gerald W. Lynch Theatre
New York
Stephen King w/Owen King
September 24, 2013 7:30 PM
Dr. Sleep Pre Signed Randomly distributed. $40 (3)

Thinner and Dr. Sleep.

7. Double Feature
Stephen King/Owen King
October 24, 2013
Pen Canada & International Festival of Authors
Toronto Canada
purchase Dr. Sleep pre signed, 1 book our choice signed per ticket (8)

Bachman Books, eotd, roadwork, running man, gwltg, Colorado kid, IT, Night shift, DT3, Green mile + tons of Dr. Sleep.

8. March 16, 2014
Sarasota Book Store
Stephen King Book signing
signed Dr. Sleep, in person, 1 per person. actually signed anything thanks to Lot Guy! (4)

Needful things, w&g, song of Susannah, everythings eventual, storm of the century, cycle of the werewolf, more Dr. Sleep

9. Rainy Day Books Kansas City MO.
Stephen King Revival Tour
November 13, 2014
Worst interviewer ever. She sucked. (2)
Pre signed Random Distribution.

10. Watermarks Books and Café Witchata KS
November 14, 2014 6PM
Stephen King Revival $30
Pre signed Random Distribution (2)

11. Stephen King
Revival
November 17, 2014 Portland Maine 4 PM Books a Million (7)
signed revival each person, event organizers stopped everyone but Lot Guy.

12. An Evening with Stephen King
January 29, 2015
Manatee Performing Arts Center, Bradenton Florida
Pre signed copies of Revival, we could buy 1 (or as many as you want if you were not Lot Guy, Barlowe or Roseannebarr) (17)

Mr. Mercedes, 4 past midnight, tons of revival

neo_trinity
02-11-2015, 05:55 PM
UK Signing I attended: Lisey's Story at Borders Bookstore, Oxford Street, London, UK on November 7th 2006.

I was at Borders too. 12th in line. It was a great night camping on the street, albeit not that anyone slept. There was also a talk and signing that night at 7pm at Battersea Park. This was a ticketed event (GBP 15.00) and was well worth it.

http://geraldwinters.com/king/liseys_06.jpg

EXPLORER
02-11-2015, 06:42 PM
There are going to be title specific signings, and there are going to be non-title specific signings, and there will be those that are mixed.

Bradenton was a Revival signing.....the fact that a couple of other books were signed during the event is irrelevant (and I acknowledge it was not part of his promotional tour put forth by his publisher).

Toronto 2013 was a mixed signing....presigned Doctor Sleeps were available for purchase, and you could have King sign one title of your choice.

The Bookstore1 event last year was SUPPOSED to be a Doctor Sleep event......but in the end he signed anything.

The Bookstore1 event March 2014 was SUPPOSED to be a small local Doctor Sleep event. That was the main item featured..........but in the end he signed anything .... but only for the few (mainly from here) who brought something extra. ... It should be considered a Doctor Sleep signing

Merlin1958
02-11-2015, 08:13 PM
Don't forget the RBR concert in, June of..... 2012?

herbertwest
02-12-2015, 12:59 AM

I was at Borders too. 12th in line. It was a great night camping on the street, albeit not that anyone slept. There was also a talk and signing that night at 7pm at Battersea Park. This was a ticketed event (GBP 15.00) and was well worth it.

http://geraldwinters.com/king/liseys_06.jpg

And I had tickets for the event but couldnt go as at the time I literally started a new job and it was happening during the week :-(

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-12-2015, 01:38 AM

I flew down from Scotland that morning and walked past everyone waiting in line, right to the front of the queue. Also had great seats at Battersea Park. (I won a competition)

shaq
02-12-2015, 02:01 AM
I won tickets from Calla Wolf for the Battersea Park event.

I will get the date but there were pre signed Lisey's, signing of Lisey's on the day, plus he signed any other bòkk in front of him. I had my Long Walk signed. Magic!

Bev Vincent
02-12-2015, 03:01 AM
I know he did a signing in Columbus, Ohio for Insomnia in 1994. I did not attend, but I remember the publicity. If I remember correctly, it was at the Little Professor Bookstore.

John

That was part of a 10-city tour he did on his motorcycle where he went exclusively to independent bookstores. The idea for Desperation came to him as he was cycling across America.

webstar1000
02-12-2015, 05:13 AM

John

That was part of a 10-city tour he did on his motorcycle where he went exclusively to independent bookstores. The idea for Desperation came to him as he was cycling across America.

Man your a wealth oh knowledge... King cycled across America????

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-12-2015, 05:59 AM

From Official Stephen King site...

Stephen first came up with the idea for Desperation in 1991, when he was driving his daughter's car cross-country. He passed through Ruth, Nevada, a small town with seemingly no inhabitants. He immediately thought, "They're all dead," and then "Who killed them?" At that point, his "Voice" immediately answered "The sheriff killed them all." In 1994, he decided to pursue this idea further while driving across country on his motorcycle during the Insomnia book tour.

killjoy72
02-12-2015, 06:13 AM
^^^Too cool!

goheat
02-12-2015, 06:15 AM

John

Yes, I actually attended the one sponsored by McKinzie White Booksellers in Colorado Springs (where I happened to be working temporarily). It was held at a high school near the store.

Bev (who is truly a wealth of info)actually posted the full itinerary of this tour at HERE (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.books.stephen-king/GamusbgKhmg).

STEPHEN KING INSOMNIA TOUR
1. Tuesday, October 4
Northshire bookstore, Manchester Center, Vermont
will go into local school auditorium
(approx. 300 miles from Bangor)

2. Thursday, October 6
Cornell University Bookstore, Ithaca, NY
they have a venue available on campus every day this week
(300 miles from Manchester)

3. Saturday, October 8
Little Professor, Worthington, OH (suburb of Columbus)

4. Monday, October 10
Joseph Beth Booksellers, Lexington, KY
4 or 5 possible venues available
(240 miles from Worthington)

5. Wednesday, October 12
Davis Kidd Bookstore, Nashville, TN
open Oct. 12,13,14
(220 miles from Lexington)

6. Friday, October 14
Library Limited, Clayton, MO (suburb of St. Louis)
900 seat auditorium on Washington University campus
(320 miles from Lexington)

7. Sunday October 16
University Books, Manhattan, KS
(note: this bookstore not affiliated with university)
feels she can get something on KSU campus
(approx. 370 miles from St. Louis)

8. Tuesday, October 18
McKinzie White Booksellers, Colorado Springs, CO
two possible venues
(350 miles from Manhattan, KS)

9. Friday, October 22
Ex Libris Bookstore, Sun Valley, ID
gigantic old movie theatre
(600 miles from Colorado Springs)

10. Monday, October 25
Bookshop Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA
(660 miles from Sun Valley)

Randall Flagg
02-12-2015, 06:36 AM
Don't forget the RBR concert in, June of..... 2012?
I don't think that whas an official signing. More random at best.

Bev Vincent
02-12-2015, 07:15 AM

John

King made his first ever post to the internet (http://www.yoda.arachsys.com/sk/absk/faq.html#q5) (to alt.books.stephen-king) from a computer at Cornell. I knew a guy who worked there and have a picture of him at the computer making that post.

Bev Vincent
02-12-2015, 07:16 AM
What would be cool if there could be a calendar somewhere so that if you clicked on a specific date, you could find out what event happened on that date. I know, a shit-ton of work to create such a thing. But it would be cool.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-12-2015, 08:39 AM
We have a similar thing already, "Today's Events". A lot of info is there, just not in calendar form.

EXPLORER
02-12-2015, 09:11 AM
I really understand the desire for this thread however without some organization from the start it may fill with pages of posts that all would need to be read to get full benefit.
IN MY OPINION, .... To really be effective the thread would benefit from someone to take ownership, have the full list of King's books on the first or last page that gets updated as information is supplied.
Examples would be the threads:
Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them? http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1226-Dark-Tower-Same-Number-Sets-Who-owns-them
Joyland Signed / Limited: Who Owns Them? http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?17483-Joyland-Signed-Limited-Who-Owns-Them&highlight=owns+Joyland

OR ANOTHER EASY OPTION ( if RF approves) WOULD BE TO TAKE THE INFORMATION FOR EACH BOOK that HAD A SIGNING TOUR or NO SIGNING TOUR and include it on the discussion page for that specific book in the Catalog under US & UK First Editions
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?191-Stephen-King-First-Editions

For an Example I added the Insomnia Tour under the discussion tab for Insomnia as shown:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Stephen+King+First+Editions:Ins omnia+-+Trade+HC

sharki69
02-12-2015, 09:28 AM
I really understand the desire for this thread however without some organization from the start it may fill with pages of posts that all would need to be read to get full benefit.
IN MY OPINION, .... To really be effective the thread would benefit from someone to take ownership, have the full list of King's books on the first or last page that gets updated as information is supplied.
Examples would be the threads:
Dark Tower Same-Number Sets: Who owns them? http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1226-Dark-Tower-Same-Number-Sets-Who-owns-them
Joyland Signed / Limited: Who Owns Them? http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?17483-Joyland-Signed-Limited-Who-Owns-Them&highlight=owns+Joyland

OR ANOTHER EASY OPTION ( if RF approves) WOULD BE TO TAKE THE INFORMATION FOR EACH BOOK that HAD A SIGNING TOUR or NO SIGNING TOUR and include it on the discussion page for that specific book in the Catalog under US & UK First Editions
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/forumdisplay.php?191-Stephen-King-First-Editions

For an Example I added the Insomnia Tour under the discussion tab for Insomnia as shown:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Stephen+King+First+Editions:Ins omnia+-+Trade+HC

Jim - I can't agree more. and you brought up great ideas to organize it.

I was thinking to create a Google spreadsheet, share with the forum members and give access to add data. It's easy and if people will contribute we will have a nice database with all the details.

Bev Vincent and I were thinking of:

Date
Time
Location name
City
State
Supported by
Book name
Official Signing event (yes/no)
Pre-signed copies (yes/no)
other authors present
Notes

This will help to capture the data. Then we can update the thread as you suggested.

Thoughts ?

webstar1000
02-12-2015, 09:38 AM
That is a GREAT ideal. What a tool to be used by all!!!!!

sentinel
02-12-2015, 10:12 AM
OK, Here's an easy one.

April 7, 2001
Dunn & Dunn Books
Naples, Florida
Dreamcatcher
Official signing
Signed by King
Buy Dreamcatcher and you could get it signed and one other book.
About 200 total people.

sharki69
02-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Here is the link to the spreadsheet. I entered some data from the thread

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s801dflFInvJTsoMQgeIPvOB0VDZaLNal7WB205b9Bw/edit?usp=sharing

You are welcome to add new events and missing data to existing.

Note that there is no need to save the document, but I think you need to have Google account (but who doesn't...)

If you have troubles and you find it easier to post it here - you're welcome to do so and I'll add it to the file :)

Good luck
Shac

webstar1000
02-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Here is the link to the spreadsheet. I entered some data from the thread

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s801dflFInvJTsoMQgeIPvOB0VDZaLNal7WB205b9Bw/edit?usp=sharing

You are welcome to add new events and missing data to existing.

Note that there is no need to save the document, but I think you need to have Google account (but who doesn't...)

If you have troubles and you find it easier to post it here - you're welcome to do so and I'll add it to the file :)

Good luck
Shac

Rep Points for that man!

Ari_Racing
02-12-2015, 01:32 PM
Under the Dome signings:

NYC: Nov 10th, 2009
Dundalk: Nov 11th, 2009

There were other dates (Atlanta, Florida and maybe another between these two) for this book and also one in Portland on Dec. 1st if I'm not wrong.

Bev Vincent
02-12-2015, 01:45 PM
Many of the signing schedules since 2005 are listed in NewsFromTheDeadZone.com

Under the Dome:

November 10 – NYC
November 11 – D.C./Baltimore
November 13 – Atlanta
November 16 – Sarasota
November 18 – Minneapolis
November 19 – Toronto
December 1 – Portsmouth, NH
December 2 – Manchester, VT

needfulthings
02-17-2015, 12:42 AM
I saw Stephen King during his tour for BAG OF BONES at an event held by University Bookstore in Seattle, WA. It was presumably held the year of publication, so late 1998...but I can't be certain it wasn't early 1999. Great talk and reading, and had an opportunity to speak with him briefly and shake his hand; unlike some more recent rule-heavy signings I've read about, this one was comparatively relaxed...the only rule was that there were no inscriptions, it was signatures only. If I recall correctly, he was signing BAG OF BONES only, one per person, as I don't remember having any other books signed by him at the event (and I certainly would have had it been allowed...as it was, I had two copies of BOB signed, one via me and one via my wife). Because of size restrictions, the University Bookstore held the event at an aptly-suited gothic-style church next door to its store...I believe it's called the University Temple.
http://imageshack.com/a/img540/3184/12VMpM.jpg

stroppygoblin
02-17-2015, 01:57 AM
If this data is structured well (what Shac and Bev have described would work well) It's something I could eventually incorporate into the App I am building (Hey remember that? Yes I am still working on it in the background! - told you not to hold your breath :evil:). As everything is driven by book title, it would be relatively simple to add another page of information for Book Signings for the selected Book. Something like this:

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/IMG_0234_zpsotdxtgpc.jpg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/IMG_0234_zpsotdxtgpc.jpg.html) http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/IMG_0235_zpseucwclte.jpg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/IMG_0235_zpseucwclte.jpg.html)

webstar1000
02-17-2015, 06:24 AM
That is amazing Simon!!

killjoy72
02-23-2015, 09:57 AM
Just got this one in today...
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/fantagor72/Stephen%20King/SKflyer_zpscb4f5f53.jpg

needfulthings
02-23-2015, 10:53 AM
LISEY'S STORY SIGNING.
http://imageshack.com/a/img661/2601/6dVR9C.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/4041/RvEvyF.jpg

tippy4
02-23-2015, 11:06 AM
http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww233/fantagor72/BA3_zpsd7ab67e1.jpg

This was in the NP&J Thread.

I assume that it is the same as posted two posts up.

killjoy72
02-23-2015, 12:10 PM
[/QUOTE]

This was in the NP&J Thread.

I assume that it is the same as posted two posts up.[/QUOTE]

Correct. I thought it pertinent to include here as well.

tippy4
02-23-2015, 01:06 PM
I reposted it because the photo in your post above is not showing up (at least on my computer).

killjoy72
02-23-2015, 01:20 PM
Fixed! Thanks for the heads up, tippy4. Sorry, I'm new to Photobucket (if you couldn't already tell).

stroppygoblin
02-25-2015, 06:45 AM
Just got this one in today...

Wow, your post is slow! I think you may have missed this one :evil:

goheat
03-01-2015, 02:28 PM
While going through boxes in preparation to move into our new home in a couple months, I finally found my Insomnia Tour T-Shirt I got in Colorado Springs way (way) back in 1994 when I saw King.
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0803.jpghttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0805.jpghttp://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_0807.jpg

Randall Flagg
03-01-2015, 02:37 PM
I love it.
I was at the Santa Cruz event (alas no signed book), but had a great time. Never saw the shirts for sale/giveaway.

tippy4
03-01-2015, 08:32 PM
Why no signed book Jerome?

needfulthings
03-02-2015, 02:51 AM
His WIFE wasn't there to get it for him.

Randall Flagg
03-02-2015, 06:01 AM
At the Santa Cruz event it was by lottery. King signed ~200 for the local bookstore. The actual speech he gave was attended by >600 people.

webstar1000
03-02-2015, 06:53 AM
Man I hope he does another signing... that I am able to attend. STILL want to stand in front of the man and get him to sign.. say thanks for writing all these wonderful books!

mattgreenbean
03-02-2015, 07:03 AM
One small mistake on the google doc, 11/22/63 is labeled as 11/22/1963.

Randall Flagg
03-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Based upon the last 20 years, I suggest fans block out some time from either 11/3/2015-11/10/2015 or 11/10/2015-11/17/2015 for a King tour for Bazaar of Bad Dreams...

Pretty much just keep the first 2+ weeks of November free.

webstar1000
03-03-2015, 04:37 PM
Based upon the last 20 years, I suggest fans block out some time from either 11/3/2015-11/10/2015 or 11/10/2015-11/17/2015 for a King tour for Bazaar of Bad Dreams...

Really RF?

Merlin1958
03-03-2015, 04:59 PM

Really RF?

It's a good bet.

webstar1000
03-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Oh I'm travelling then this fall:)

Merlin1958
03-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Oh I'm travelling then this fall:)

Start Saving!! LOL

Randall Flagg
03-03-2015, 05:41 PM

Really RF?
Look at the last 10 years of Scribner/King November releases.
Come back and report.
Edit: Lisey's Story Came out 10/24/2006, and signings were just after that, but you have to go even further back.

needfulthings
03-03-2015, 08:00 PM
IMHO I can't see Mr. King doing a tour for a book of reprint stories.

jhanic
03-04-2015, 04:53 AM
But they're not all reprints.

John

webstar1000
03-04-2015, 05:05 AM

John

That was what I thought too.... Ur was never printed and I heard him say that was going to be in the book.... When we were in Florida.

goheat
03-04-2015, 05:58 AM

Really RF?
Look at the last 10 years of Scribner/King November releases.
Come back and report.
Edit: Lisey's Story Came out 10/24/2006, and signings were just after that, but you have to go even further back.

Man, I'm keeping all digits crossed in hopes a signing tour happens!!

Randall Flagg
03-04-2015, 06:14 AM
IMHO I can't see Mr. King doing a tour for a book of reprint stories.
Like Just After Sunset...?

herbertwest
03-04-2015, 06:37 AM

John

Maybe there will be several brand new stories

RichardX
03-04-2015, 07:03 AM
After the last book tour with its laundry lists of rules and book store enforcers, I'm hoping for a book festival event. King is about due for another where he signs any book and looks less like he can't wait to escape for his pesky fans.

needfulthings
03-04-2015, 10:43 AM
UR is the best example of not being new. It has been readily available on Kindle since 2009 & in most bookstores on CD since 2010. Where the other stories were in one shot magazines.
http://imageshack.com/a/img537/5763/xpsPU9.jpg

webstar1000
03-04-2015, 10:49 AM
UR is the best example of not being new. It has been readily available on Kindle since 2009 & in most bookstores on CD since 2010. Where the other stories were in one shot magazines.
http://imageshack.com/a/img537/5763/xpsPU9.jpg

Funny.. your words.. "reprint stories". UR has not been put into print. Case closed.

jhanic
03-04-2015, 12:25 PM
It all comes down to what you define as print. I tend more to agree with Kris, but I can see Bruce's side too. I have the Kindle (for PC) version of UR, but I'm looking forward to reading the Bad Little Kid, which was never printed in English. I make a special effort to get all the magazines in which King's stories appear, but I like having them all in one place.

John

tippy4
03-04-2015, 01:55 PM
This thread has become King Books with Speculative Signings.

needfulthings
03-04-2015, 02:04 PM
REBUTTAL
I concur on BAD LITTLE KID. But think NO BIG DEAL on UR since it has been AVAILABLE to READ or LISTEN to for 5 years.
This will not stop me from putting a copy of BAZARR OF BAD DREAMS (signed or unsigned) in the collection:dance: also I LOVE the title.:
http://imageshack.com/a/img540/1512/dmr2tw.jpg
CASE CLOSED!

Randall Flagg
03-04-2015, 02:36 PM
This thread has become King Books with Speculative Signings.
Since post #1 doesn't have a list (updated as new info comes in), the thread itself is speculative; conjecture rather than or in addition to knowledge.