PDA

View Full Version : Who has the Carrie PS lettered edition?

skyofcrack
12-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Owners of PS Publishing's Lettered Carrie.

--As owners post pictures of their copies I'll will link their name to the pics.--
--I will also add links to pics of the original Chadbourne art as supplied.--

A
B
C - jonp (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18338-Book-Collection-jonp&p=888085&viewfull=1#post888085)
D
E - Mr. Rabbit Trick
F
G
H - JasonUK
I
J
K - Roseannebarr
L - Pasiuk
M - wizardsrainbow
N
O
P
Q
R
S - zelig (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18803-Book-Collection-zelig&p=889837&viewfull=1#post889837) Art (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18870-Who-has-the-Carrie-PS-lettered-edition&p=892007&viewfull=1#post892007)
T
U
V
W - AKC Art (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18870-Who-has-the-Carrie-PS-lettered-edition&p=891954&viewfull=1#post891954)
X
Y
Z - Mr. Rabbit Trick

PC1 - Steve
PC2 - Glenn
PC3 - Pete
PC4 -

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-11-2014, 10:24 AM
:tongue1: I'm not telling.

Edit: I'm still in Ireland, but I was told that a rather large package arrived for me today.

AKC
12-11-2014, 10:25 AM
It will be interesting to see how many of the TDT family secured a copy….

Anybody care to guess? Maybe 10?

webstar1000
12-11-2014, 10:32 AM

I will guess 6!

jonp
12-11-2014, 10:33 AM
I know of six, there may be others.

skyofcrack
12-11-2014, 01:43 PM
I remember at least 25 were interested in buying it. Whether they did is a different thing.

zelig
12-11-2014, 02:13 PM
Mine hasn't arrived yet but I will have "S".

skyofcrack
12-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Mine hasn't arrived yet but I will have "S".

Thanks! I'll add it.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-11-2014, 03:09 PM

Maybe one member has 10 copies!

:ninja:

tippy4
12-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Have they started shipping yet?

I have one on order.

EDIT....I see that they will all be shipped by the end of this week.

thegunslinger41
12-11-2014, 05:17 PM
My guess is 8.

jonp
12-11-2014, 10:31 PM
That's upto 8 I know of.

divemaster
12-12-2014, 11:37 AM
I ordered one and was confirmed for Copy "C." However, soon thereafter I found myself in a situation where I could not in good conscience justify the cost, so I e-mailed the publisher and was able to release my order and get it refunded. I realize that's neither here nor there as far as this thread is concerned, but I thought I'd pop my head in as an "almost" member of the elite set!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-12-2014, 01:40 PM
ZE for me.

Randall Flagg
12-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Z AND E? You should have purchased all 26.:belial:

skyofcrack
12-12-2014, 03:14 PM
Yeah, does that mean Z as in ZEEEEEEEE!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-12-2014, 03:53 PM

No Jerome is correct. "Z" and "E".

skyofcrack
12-12-2014, 04:06 PM

Thanks for clarifying. :)

webstar1000
12-13-2014, 06:35 AM

You bought two???

wizardsrainbow
12-13-2014, 06:56 AM
I have one coming but do NOT know the letter

skyofcrack
12-13-2014, 07:01 AM
I didn't see anything in the newsletters about one per customer. If you have the means, get two and the sale of one pays for the other, I guess.

JasonUK
12-13-2014, 07:24 AM
My copy is H.

skyofcrack
12-13-2014, 07:30 AM
Thanks Jason!

mistercrowley
12-13-2014, 09:22 AM
For the people that have one what would you compare it to in terms of quality? Is it nicer than say the IT Lettered or Dr. Sleep Lettered? I know they aren't the same but I just want to know what it's like for a book with such a high price tag.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-13-2014, 09:33 AM

You bought two???

They had 2 sales. I managed to buy another from the 2nd one. (I think they had 2 left over)

skyofcrack
12-13-2014, 09:41 AM
For the people that have one what would you compare it to in terms of quality? Is it nicer than say the IT Lettered or Dr. Sleep Lettered? I know they aren't the same but I just want to know what it's like for a book with such a high price tag.

I think jonp is the only one to have a copy in hand here so far. You can click on his name in the 1st post. It will take you to his pics and thoughts. :)

skyofcrack
12-13-2014, 09:43 AM

You bought two???

They had 2 sales. I managed to buy another from the 2nd one. (I think they had 2 left over)

They sold all of them in a few hours then a couple people backed out and 2 copies went up for sale a short time later.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-13-2014, 09:43 AM
All the UK members have them "in hand". Including me.

Kingfan24
12-13-2014, 12:58 PM

from the pictures I would have to say that the quality is no where near CD's productions.

To clarify - I stated my opinion based upon pictures. I do not own a copy nor do I ever plan on owning one.

jonp
12-13-2014, 01:14 PM
Having both books at hand. Carrie is a very well produced book, feels more individual, more special and feels a more traditional hand produced book. Similar value to the The Gunslinger S/L, given the choice between the two I would always choose PS's Carrie, as The Gunslinger to me is nothing out of the ordinary. I must admit of all the lettered books I have CD's IT was my favourite. The huge scale of the book is impressive and also it is very well produced. Carrie and It are very different productions and I am finding it very difficult to choose now which is my favourite, but I am leaning towards It. Also, it's much cheaper too!

EDIT: believe me when I say it's very difficult to choose between the two, as with Dr Sleep I do not have my copy in hand so I cannot comment of that particular book.

AKC
12-13-2014, 01:30 PM
W

from the pictures I would have to say that the quality is no where near CD's productions.

I would think it would be difficult to ascertain or draw conclusions about the quality of materials and construction from pictures. Would need to defer to those that have a copy to provide the most accurate feedback.

mistercrowley
12-13-2014, 01:38 PM
My thinking is that the more you pay for an edition the more you should get for your money. From what I have seen of IT Lettered from CD looks like it is worth the price tag. I guess I am trying to figure out aside from the limited amount of copies what about this edition of Carrie makes it worth the price tag. Is it the materials? Bonus content? What is different about it from say a standard Lettered edition?

Kingfan24
12-13-2014, 01:39 PM
W

I would think it would be difficult to ascertain or draw conclusions about the quality of materials and construction from pictures. Would need to defer to those that have a copy to provide the most accurate feedback.

Edited my statement above.

T-Dogz_AK47
12-13-2014, 01:52 PM

I disagree. For a start Stephen King's name isn't even positioned centrally on the front cover, which makes it look lop sided against the silhouette and title...

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y496/fenpad/IMG_3825_zpsa057be2c.jpg

Secondly, the artwork inside the book is precariously glued in at the top edge. Not only does this look bad, but the artwork will become detached in no time at all...

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y496/fenpad/IMG_3850_zpscfa1094b.jpg

IMHO I think Kingfan24 is spot on with his suggestion that it's not a patch on CD's Lettered Editions.

For the money, I would much sooner buy TWO Stephen King Lettered Editions from CD, for the price that this version cost...

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-13-2014, 03:13 PM
IMO, any King signed Lettered Edition of 26 copies will always be worth more than any 52 copy Lettered edition.

T-Dogz_AK47
12-13-2014, 03:29 PM
IMO, any King signed Lettered Edition of 26 copies will always be worth more than any 52 copy Lettered edition.

By that rationale, The 15 copy Lettered Edition of Danse Macabre would be worth more than PS Publishing's 26 copy Lettered Edition of Carrie.

However, according to stephenkingcollector.com, the Lettered Edition of Danse Macabre is valued between $1,500 - $2,000, less than half the cost of PS Publishing's Carrie.

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/limited/danse.html

Kingfan24
12-13-2014, 03:42 PM

By that rationale, The 15 copy Lettered Edition of Danse Macabre would be worth more than PS Publishing's 26 copy Lettered Edition of Carrie.

However, according to stephenkingcollector.com, the Lettered Edition of Danse Macabre is valued between $1,500 - $2,000, less than half the cost of PS Publishing's Carrie.

http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/limited/danse.html

Thanks for backing me up - those were just a few of the issues I spotted.

AKC
12-13-2014, 03:51 PM
That's fair.

Honestly, the highest quality Lettered Edition I own isn't from PS or CD.

It's the Lettered Green Mile from SP. Absolutely best-in-class. In my humble opinion anyway.

It all boils down to what materials and quality components are important to the respective owner.

Good dialogue.

skyofcrack
12-13-2014, 04:17 PM
I, personally, don't have any lettereds in my collection. The first I remember hearing about was either Skeleton Crew or Dolan's Cadillac. When I saw the price I decided to draw the line for my collection. Plus, I didn't have that kind of money back then. :D

webstar1000
12-13-2014, 05:38 PM
I have IT and it really is an amazing Lettered production. From what I have seen of Carrie i would choose IT for sure BUT I have not seen or touched Carrie. Going by the pictures of course.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-14-2014, 12:24 AM

Yes, the 15 copy Lettered Edition of Danse Macabre is worth at least $10,000 and its is exactly the same as the numbered edition. You will never find one for sale. There are 2 Asbestos Firestarters on sale on Abe, and the quality and build of these is not great.

Materials and build quality do not matter when it comes to collecting King. The most expensive items are the least "fancy". The Plant and New Lieutenant's Rap are examples.

JasonUK
12-14-2014, 02:30 AM
I have a few PS Publishing traycased editions, including the "deluxe" Colorado Kid, so I'm well aware that high-end production quality isn't their forte. Therefore, I was very presently surprised by the overall presentation of the lettered Carrie. Yes, I have books by other publishers that are of an equal standard that cost 10 times less, and books of much higher quality that cost a third of the price, but Carrie is of a sufficiently high grade to sit comfortably alongside other King lettered editions.

For me, the production design was never going to wholly justify the cost. The two factors that persuaded me to buy it were the significance of the title, King's debut novel, and the tiny limitation.

I don't buy lettered editions of the CD titles because there is a numbered edition as well. I can't justify spending $2,000 more on what is essentially the same book, just with slightly better binding and a slightly better traycase. There's still, say, 800 signed copies available in total, a few of them just have a couple more bells and whistles. But with Carrie, these 26 copies are it, the only signed limited edition you can get.

herbertwest
12-14-2014, 06:40 AM
Secondly, the artwork inside the book is precariously glued in at the top edge. Not only does this look bad, but the artwork will become detached in no time at all...
http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y496/fenpad/IMG_3850_zpscfa1094b.jpg

That's not really impressive if you ask me...

biomieg
12-14-2014, 06:48 AM
It does not have to be impressive to be cool.

Kingfan24
12-14-2014, 07:10 AM
I have a few PS Publishing traycased editions, including the "deluxe" Colorado Kid, so I'm well aware that high-end production quality isn't their forte. Therefore, I was very presently surprised by the overall presentation of the lettered Carrie. Yes, I have books by other publishers that are of an equal standard that cost 10 times less, and books of much higher quality that cost a third of the price, but Carrie is of a sufficiently high grade to sit comfortably alongside other King lettered editions.

For me, the production design was never going to wholly justify the cost. The two factors that persuaded me to buy it were the significance of the title, King's debut novel, and the tiny limitation.

I don't buy lettered editions of the CD titles because there is a numbered edition as well. I can't justify spending $2,000 more on what is essentially the same book, just with slightly better binding and a slightly better traycase. There's still, say, 800 signed copies available in total, a few of them just have a couple more bells and whistles. But with Carrie, these 26 copies are it, the only signed limited edition you can get.

For me, the fact that it was published via a UK publisher diminishes the value somewhat. Sort of like how the UK Harry potters are worth much more than their U.S. counterparts. Just my opinion though.

And in all fairness, I could never justify spending 4,200 on one book. To me that seems outrageous.

JasonUK
12-14-2014, 11:06 AM
For me, the fact that it was published via a UK publisher diminishes the value somewhat. Sort of like how the UK Harry potters are worth much more than their U.S. counterparts. Just my opinion though.

I don't have any kids, so I don't follow children's fiction, but I would assume that if the UK editions are more valuable it is because they were published first, not because they are from the author's home country.

And in all fairness, I could never justify spending 4,200 on one book. To me that seems outrageous.

It just happened to be the right book at the right time for me. I was fortunate to have the money and it was a book I felt worthy of the cost. If it a had been a lesser book, such as, Thinner or one for which a limited edition was already available, like Skeleton Crew, I would have passed.

LostAlivE
12-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Someone should post some pic of the Lettered Carrie and show all of the extras that come with it.
From the two pics posted so for it doesn't look like a lot of anything........hope I am wrong for those that spent over $4000.00 for one.

jonp
12-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Someone should post some pic of the Lettered Carrie and show all of the extras that come with it.
From the two pics posted so for it doesn't look like a lot of anything........hope I am wrong for those that spent over $4000.00 for one.

I put quite a few photos up in my collection thread the other day on page 18.

biomieg
12-14-2014, 11:45 AM
I posted this in the PS Publishing thread this morning and I'll post it here again:

I like the way it looks (the glued-in artwork). It gives the book a certain vintage quality, IMO.

Also (again, IMO) it's getting a little old to equate the price of a book with its production values. Not one book (trade, numbered, lettered) is made of 'stuff' that is truly worth the asking price. No one here actually believes that a lettered IT is worth >$2,000 in materials, right? A numbered set of The Plant (not even talking about a lettered set here) is worth more than a lettered Carrie and I hear no one whining about that, even though they're just little softcover chapbooks. A lettered Danse Macabre goes for at least as much as a lettered IT and it is nothing more than a trade edition with a limitation page.

I'm not saying that production values shouldn't be taken into account - if that is what matters to you as a buyer/collector! - but print run, popularity, significance, 'mythology/lore' all play equally important parts.

Bottom line: if the owners of the lettered Carrie are happy with their books, the price was exactly right.

Rahfa
12-14-2014, 12:01 PM

Yes, the 15 copy Lettered Edition of Danse Macabre is worth at least $10,000 and its is exactly the same as the numbered edition. You will never find one for sale. There are 2 Asbestos Firestarters on sale on Abe, and the quality and build of these is not great.

Materials and build quality do not matter when it comes to collecting King. The most expensive items are the least "fancy". The Plant and New Lieutenant's Rap are examples.

The 15-copy of Danse is not worth $10K...is that a typo?

Maybe $3K - if you could find a buyer. Nobody cares about that book, for the reason you mentioned - it's the same as the limited edition except with a letter.

As for "Carrie," I h-a-t-e tipped in artwork like that. It's penny-pinching and sets the book up for a flaw over time.

However, the price is not crazy - it is what it is. The problem with pricing/value for lettered editions is that there's no inherent value. It hasn't earned any sort of value over time, and the scarcity is artificial and deliberately contrived. Which can't be helped - that's the way the SK lettered market is now.

Randall Flagg
12-14-2014, 12:18 PM
If there were Lettered Danse Macabre's for sale at $3K, Mr. Rabbit Trick would buy 3.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-14-2014, 12:33 PM
If there were Lettered Danse Macabre's for sale at $3K, Mr. Rabbit Trick would buy 3.

That's the point. There are none for sale. You cannot buy one. So the price can be anything you want. $10,000 or $20,000 you cannot get one.

Rahfa
12-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Well, not recently, but I have seen it for sale - and it certainly wasn't priced at $10K. Granted, that was years ago.

I just don't think the book has the panache to get that price - but if you're willing to pay it, then I guess it does.

The "Transgressions" s/l has only 200 copies, is signed by many authors, and goes for $350 on a good day. I don't think numbers equal value as much as interest does.

EDIT: Apparently one was part of a big collection listed thru Betts in 2006 - don't know if it sold individually or not.

Randall Flagg
12-14-2014, 03:01 PM
Don't wish to officially speak for Mr. Rabbit Trick, but 2006 was quite some time ago, and I still believe "panache" or not (plain boring presentation), were the book to come up on ebay, the price would be $10K+, and then the auction would be removed for an "error in listing".
Supply and demand.
I don't want the book, but 15 people have it-likely none will be sold until they die, and at least 3 people (with the financial wherewithal) want it.

carlosdetweiller
12-14-2014, 04:02 PM
I don't want the book, but 15 people have it-likely none will be sold until they die, and at least 3 people (with the financial wherewithal) want it.

I once had three of the 15 copies. I sold one to Mr. Rabbit Trick. Still have two left. I would definitely sell one of mine for $10K.

webstar1000
12-14-2014, 04:07 PM

I once had three of the 15 copies. I sold one to Mr. Rabbit Trick. Still have two left. I would definitely sell one of mine for $10K.

That statement made my night Bob. Lol

Pasiuk57
12-14-2014, 04:40 PM
I only have one copy of the lettered Danse Macabre and although I hate to sell anything I just have one of-if someone offers me $10K, I would really have to do it. With just 15 lettered editions, very tough to find.
I plan to sell it before I die-I hope!

Rahfa
12-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Well - I'll just say this...for all my time on this site and DT.com, I can remember exactly zero times where anyone talked about the Danse Macarbe lettered edition as being THE preeminent lettered edition of them all. And if we're saying it's worth $10K, then it's in second place behind the Asbestos Firestarter? Really?

To keep it on topic, I would say I'm a little disappointed in the whole traycase model of the Carrie lettered - I'm not sure how else to do it, but I do know that nobody's tried something unique like the zippered Skeleton Crew or even the Regulators toybox in a long time. The Salem's lettered edition went big, which was neat, but not unique.

Pasiuk57
12-14-2014, 06:15 PM
Rahfa--got to agree with you!
Think of the lettered Firestarter, Skeleton Crew and Regulators-amazing items in my opinion-real unique-even the Stand and S/L Regulators are pretty cool.

zelig
12-14-2014, 06:32 PM
I only have one copy of the lettered Danse Macabre and although I hate to sell anything I just have one of-if someone offers me $10K, I would really have to do it. With just 15 lettered editions, very tough to find.
I plan to sell it before I die-I hope!

Wish I had $10K lying around that I wouldn't miss....

AKC
12-14-2014, 06:35 PM
So the list only shows 6 copies in the hands of TDT members.

I know that David is still waiting on his copy. Anybody else?

neo_trinity
12-14-2014, 07:48 PM
Well, not recently, but I have seen it for sale - and it certainly wasn't priced at $10K. Granted, that was years ago.

I just don't think the book has the panache to get that price - but if you're willing to pay it, then I guess it does.

The "Transgressions" s/l has only 200 copies, is signed by many authors, and goes for $350 on a good day. I don't think numbers equal value as much as interest does.

EDIT: Apparently one was part of a big collection listed thru Betts in 2006 - don't know if it sold individually or not.

The 2006 copy that you are referring to was part of Chris Cavalier's collection. It was #C / 15, contained the glassine wrapper, slipcase and came with the original mailing box from Everest House. It sold for $1800. Granted it was 8 years ago, but I don't feel that this book would command $10K+ today irregardless of how often it comes up for sale. If you think it does, I will gladly trade you one for a Lettered Regulators and a Lettered Skeleton Crew.

Pasiuk57
12-15-2014, 04:34 AM
I have letter L

webstar1000
12-15-2014, 04:45 AM
I love this discussion. I would love to see a poll that asks the question "do you think PS Lettered Carrie is worth the money". Most, obviously will be going from pictures as only a few members have them. One thing that really bothered me was that King's name is off center... looks like a mistake. Does any of the owners find that bothersome?

AKC
12-17-2014, 07:24 AM
Wanted to give a SHOUT OUT to Pete.

He just left me a voicemail advising me the status of my Lettered Carrie and that I should be expecting it soon. Thanked me for the patience and wished me well in every regard.

Class act and a nice touch in support of this very limited production. Thought it deserved recognition.

webstar1000
12-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Wanted to give a SHOUT OUT to Pete.

He just left me a voicemail advising me the status of my Lettered Carrie and that I should be expecting it soon. Thanked me for the patience and wished me well in every regard.

Class act and a nice touch in support of this very limited production. Thought it deserved recognition.

Yep thats cool....

Frankie
12-17-2014, 01:42 PM
I love this discussion. I would love to see a poll that asks the question "do you think PS Lettered Carrie is worth the money".

Not to me.

zelig
12-17-2014, 03:50 PM
My copy just arrived today. I'm out and about so will probably post some pictures tomorrow in my collection thread.

thegunslinger41
12-22-2014, 07:10 AM
Anyone else in the USA ( other than Zelig) receive their lettered Carrie yet?

-Gabriel

AKC
12-22-2014, 07:47 AM
Negative.

Assume any day now!

tippy4
12-23-2014, 02:16 PM
I got mine today.

Randall Flagg
12-23-2014, 02:17 PM
I got mine today.
What letter?

needfulthings
12-23-2014, 03:39 PM
I THINK I'LL JUST SETTLE FOR THIS ONE!
http://imageshack.com/a/img904/8146/4HyBIA.jpg http://imageshack.com/a/img901/6209/y45BXe.jpg

zelig
12-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Show off! :smile:

AKC
12-23-2014, 04:00 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img904/8146/4HyBIA.jpg http://imageshack.com/a/img901/6209/y45BXe.jpg

Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to adding the Lettered Edition to my:

1st Edition
1st Edition Inscribed to Tim
1st Edition Flatsigned
ARC

Can't get enough of Carrie!

Lot guy
12-23-2014, 09:04 PM
Nice stuff guys!!!!

herbertwest
12-24-2014, 01:15 AM

Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to adding the Lettered Edition to my:

1st Edition
1st Edition Inscribed to Tim
1st Edition Flatsigned
ARC

Can't get enough of Carrie!

Who is that Tim? Is it his college roomates?
If you cant get enough, I am selling a review copy of the french first edition ;-)

biomieg
12-24-2014, 02:57 AM
Tim = AKC...

AKC
12-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Anybody in the US still waiting on delivery of the Lettered Carrie?

I hope so. Mine has not arrived as of yet.

Getting anxious/nervous!

zelig
12-26-2014, 04:19 PM
I realize this is an obvious question, but was there a tracking #? I don't remember on mine if there was or not.

AKC
12-26-2014, 04:21 PM
I was not given a Tracking #. Pete indicated in his voice mail that it shipped on 12/15 to the US.

Nervous......especially if I am the only one in the US that has not yet received.

zelig
12-26-2014, 04:24 PM
Yes, and rightly so. I'd be nervous too. But on the other hand, maybe it's just being delayed because of the holidays... Check in with Pete to see what he says about it. Let's be positive, and it will arrive in the next few days. I've had boxes from the UK take 10 days to 2 weeks to show up.

AKC
12-26-2014, 05:01 PM
Yes, and rightly so. I'd be nervous too. But on the other hand, maybe it's just being delayed because of the holidays... Check in with Pete to see what he says about it. Let's be positive, and it will arrive in the next few days. I've had boxes from the UK take 10 days to 2 weeks to show up.

Has anybody in the US (other than me) NOT received their copy yet?

Joe315
12-26-2014, 09:38 PM
I ordered something from the UK (not Carrie) that shipped on the 15th and just got it today. I'd say it's a day or two away. After that I'd really begin to worry.

frik
12-26-2014, 11:56 PM

I've had packages from the US take 3-4 weeks to show up.....No kidding.

sk

Priest
12-27-2014, 02:04 AM

I've had packages from the US take 3-4 weeks to show up.....No kidding.

sk

Easy! Especially as they have quite a xmas backlog.
Not the best idea to send such a book while chrismas-post-chaos but no worries below 4 weeks

normally it should be 10-14 working days, but at this time of the year it can easy be more.

skyofcrack
12-27-2014, 04:47 AM
I agree will all of the above. I order all the time from the UK and usually get stuff in 10-13 business days during normal shipping times. The quickest has been 3 days. These 26 boxes should've been sent with international tracking.

needfulthings
12-27-2014, 11:05 AM
IMHO For that much MONEY....They should have been HAND DELIVERED by Mr. KING & SIGNED in front of you.... along with every other book in your collection (Followed by a SEVEN COURSE MEAL)

AKC
12-27-2014, 07:50 PM
UPDATE:

Pete left me a voicemail and follow-up email at 3:30-4:00ish AM UK time to let me know that they tried to deliver it on 12/27 but no recipient was available.

I continue to be overwhelmed by the level of personal service in conjunction with the purchase of this extreme limited edition.

Well done sir.. Wishing a Happy New Year to you and yours.....

Tim

P.S. Be sure to save me the 1st copy of the Deluxe Edition of Thinner.....

zelig
12-27-2014, 08:25 PM
So what happens now? They going to re-deliver or do you have to pick it up somewhere?

Roseannebarr
12-27-2014, 11:56 PM
UPDATE:

Pete left me a voicemail and follow-up email at 3:30-4:00ish AM UK time to let me know that they tried to deliver it on 12/27 but no recipient was available.

I continue to be overwhelmed by the level of personal service in conjunction with the purchase of this extreme limited edition.

Well done sir.. Wishing a Happy New Year to you and yours.....

Tim

P.S. Be sure to save me the 1st copy of the Deluxe Edition of Thinner.....

I received my copy today. given the production values and the cost of the book, i do not see me purchasing the next two books in the series at this price. Or any where close to this price.

1. carrie was a very important book in the king legacy, thinner and skeleton crew not so much

2. Skeleton crew has already been done.

3. I am completely underwhelmed by the appearance and quality of this production. I liked the cases with velvet on other lettered editions or whatever that surround the books in the tray cases. The tray case is nothing special and wording is off center. Thanks to who ever pointed that out, drives me crazy

4. I was surprised by the size of my original drawing by chadbourne, I didn't know what to expect, but I wasn't expecting a small little drawing. I guess I assumed incorrectly that I would also be getting a Remarque original in my book. I need to read the find print next time before I purchase.

5. Can't stand the pasted down drawings. Why. Why. Why?

I do not have buyers remorse. I was expecting a rolls Royce and feel like I got a honda accord. I just can't see spending that kind of money on thinner or other "lesser" books in the series.

Not complaining. Just stating my opinion.

skyofcrack
12-28-2014, 03:15 AM
I got mine today.

I received my copy today.

If you don't mind, I'd like to add your letters to the list. Thanks. :)

AKC
12-29-2014, 09:23 AM
So what happens now? They going to re-deliver or do you have to pick it up somewhere?

Picked it up this AM.

Arrived safely and resting comfortably on the designated shelf!

zelig
12-29-2014, 09:27 AM

Picked it up this AM.

Okay, that's great! Good to hear.

Lot guy
12-29-2014, 09:32 AM
Great Tim!!!!

jonp
12-29-2014, 09:32 AM

Picked it up this AM.

Phew, I bet that's a relief. I'm not sure what they would do to replace a missing one, being that they are all stamped with their own letter. What do you think of it, Tim?

AKC
12-29-2014, 04:43 PM
Phew, I bet that's a relief. I'm not sure what they would do to replace a missing one, being that they are all stamped with their own letter. What do you think of it, Tim?

I absolutely love it.

While I agree that there are specific aesthetic improvements that can and should have been made (many have been mentioned here), my impression as to the quality of MATERIALS used for both the traycase and the book is that they are second-to-none.

For those that have a copy, were you surprised by the weight of the book? I consider it very heavy given the small scale of the book itself. Much heavier that what I anticipated which could be a direct result of the quality of materials used. Maybe, maybe not. But, heavy and substantial for its size nevertheless.

The bonus book of remarques (similar to Vincent Chong's sketch book for the Shining) was a nice touch and the original Chadbourne art will proudly be displayed on my shelf.

Finally, as for the much debated process for mounting the artwork in the book, I actually love what Pete has done. Very unique. Highly unlikely that the pages will fall out since I doubt that any of us will actually read our Deluxe Edition. Even if we did, the artwork isn't going anywhere.

All, in all, very pleased but recognize that the perceived quality and inherent value will forever be up to the 26 respective owners. Each of us will likely have different viewpoints.

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/CarrieShelf_zps6ec18724.jpg

skyofcrack
12-29-2014, 05:04 PM
Depending on how much info the owners want to divulge, I'd like to add who owns which original Chadbourne artwork. :)

Roseannebarr
12-29-2014, 06:09 PM
Depending on how much info the owners want to divulge, I'd like to add who owns which original Chadbourne artwork. :)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was expecting a Remarque in my book. Instead we got an original drawing from chadbourne. I re read the book description on the website, isn't the definition of a Remarque a drawing inside of the book?

skyofcrack
12-29-2014, 06:40 PM

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was expecting a Remarque in my book. Instead we got an original drawing from chadbourne. I re read the book description on the website, isn't the definition of a Remarque a drawing inside of the book?

26 oversized lettered copies, signed by all contributors will be individually remarqued by Glenn Chadbourne and will be issued in a custom-made illustrated traycase.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/skyofcrack/stephen_king/remarque_zps88bad728.jpg~original

thegunslinger41
12-29-2014, 07:16 PM
Quite frankly I would much prefer an original carrie artwork by Chadbourne than a remarque in the book itself.

zelig
12-29-2014, 07:32 PM

I have this one:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/zelig7/IMG_2561_zps9e8575cf.jpg

skyofcrack
12-29-2014, 07:52 PM

I have this one:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/zelig7/IMG_2561_zps9e8575cf.jpg

Thanks! Link added.

jonp
12-30-2014, 02:42 AM

I absolutely love it.

While I agree that there are specific aesthetic improvements that can and should have been made (many have been mentioned here), my impression as to the quality of MATERIALS used for both the traycase and the book is that they are second-to-none.

For those that have a copy, were you surprised by the weight of the book? I consider it very heavy given the small scale of the book itself. Much heavier that what I anticipated which could be a direct result of the quality of materials used. Maybe, maybe not. But, heavy and substantial for its size nevertheless.

The bonus book of remarques (similar to Vincent Chong's sketch book for the Shining) was a nice touch and the original Chadbourne art will proudly be displayed on my shelf.

Finally, as for the much debated process for mounting the artwork in the book, I actually love what Pete has done. Very unique. Highly unlikely that the pages will fall out since I doubt that any of us will actually read our Deluxe Edition. Even if we did, the artwork isn't going anywhere.

All, in all, very pleased but recognize that the perceived quality and inherent value will forever be up to the 26 respective owners. Each of us will likely have different viewpoints.

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd470/avidkingcollector/CarrieShelf_zps6ec18724.jpg

I really like it as well. It really feels like a beautifully traditional hand made book that a lot of skill has gone into making it, more so than any other book I own. When I get home I will have to compare the weight to a similar book. I didn't really notice the weight. I like the way you have displayed the artwork and prom ticket separately. I may have to copy you with that.

T-Dogz_AK47
12-30-2014, 08:01 AM
Can someone who has a copy of this book, please post pictures of the 26 different remarques that are included in the artwork booklet?

I think it would be great to see all of Glenn Chadbourne's remarques for this book, displayed properly on this thread. :thumbsup:

Rep points available to whoever posts pictures of the 26 artwork pieces...

Roseannebarr
12-30-2014, 08:11 AM

26 oversized lettered copies, signed by all contributors will be individually remarqued by Glenn Chadbourne and will be issued in a custom-made illustrated traycase.

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/skyofcrack/stephen_king/remarque_zps88bad728.jpg~original

Seriously, Is a remarqued picture in the book? wouldnt the picture we received be a stand alone piece of art?

remarque
[ri-mahrk]

Word Origin

noun, Fine Arts.
a distinguishing mark or peculiarity indicating a particular stage of a plate.
a small sketch engraved in the margin of a plate, and usually removed after a number of early proofs have been printed.
a plate so marked.

zelig
12-30-2014, 09:11 AM
Can someone who has a copy of this book, please post pictures of the 26 different remarques that are included in the artwork booklet?

I think it would be great to see all of Glenn Chadbourne's remarques for this book, displayed properly on this thread. :thumbsup:

Rep points available to whoever posts pictures of the 26 artwork pieces...

Here you go. Excuse the shadow from the pages on the left side, and it's a bit crude but best I could do in a short period of time.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c330/zelig7/carrie_artwork_zps03f1f21f.jpg

T-Dogz_AK47
12-30-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks for posting these. Rep points to you, my friend! :)

bdwyer19
12-30-2014, 10:53 AM
Very cool! Zelig - How did you get access to all 26 remarques?

zelig
12-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Thanks for posting these. Rep points to you, my friend! :)

No problem, and thanks!

Very cool! Zelig - How did you get access to all 26 remarques?

There's a separate booklet that comes with this edition that has all the remarques printed in it.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-30-2014, 11:09 AM
Just what I thought. None of you can count!

Or maybe you can only count up to 26. :)

zelig
12-30-2014, 11:16 AM
I double-checked and there's 33 drawings in the remarque booklet. I missed two of them somehow in the photos. Stand by. I'll update it.

Randall Flagg
12-30-2014, 11:28 AM
I just may have a line on one of the books. This copy has a stand alone piece of original art instead of a remarque.

zelig
12-30-2014, 11:29 AM
Okay, I've updated the image. Refresh the page and you should see the new one with the missing 2. It was the ones in position 7 and 9 that I had missed.

Randall Flagg
12-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Okay, I've updated the image. Refresh the page and you should see the new one with the missing 2. It was the ones in position 7 and 9 that I had missed.
Thanks. I edited the image and made it 3 images to see the pictures a bit more clearly.

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1419968993-carrie_artwork%201%20of%203.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1419968983-carrie_artwork%202%20of%203.jpg

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1419968972-carrie_artwork%203%20of%203.jpg

zelig
12-30-2014, 11:55 AM
Great, thanks. Looks good.

Roseannebarr
12-30-2014, 01:14 PM
Great, thanks. Looks good.

Letter K has this original drawing

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1419968972-carrie_artwork%203%20of%203.jpg

last row middle picture. it did not copy like I thought it would.

webstar1000
12-30-2014, 01:31 PM
Glenn's color work is some good though:)

Randall Flagg
12-30-2014, 01:36 PM
I just may have a line on one of the books. This copy has a stand alone piece of original art instead of a remarque.
I worded that poorly. There is another original piece out there not included in the "collage" zelig posted.

zelig
12-30-2014, 01:53 PM
You mean it isn't in the Remarque book or I missed one?

Roseannebarr
12-30-2014, 01:54 PM
So my question is...

is there a Remarque in our books? I don't think there is. I do not see a Remarque in the book. We have a separate piece of art that was shipped to us with our book. I do not consider that a Remarque. RF already has another piece of art separate from ours. Maybe Chadbourne can do more art from Carrie for us! I thought the Idea of a Remarque was that it was in the book. Ship the books to Chadbourne from England to US do the art and ship back! That would explain the $4250 price tag. That would make each book truly unique.

Randall Flagg
12-30-2014, 01:57 PM
Post #119 says I was mistaken regarding books being remarqued. There is "original" art not depicted in the collage...

Roseannebarr
12-30-2014, 10:17 PM

We all received stand alone artwork, Remarques are not in the book The art is 10" by 7". When you all purchase original artwork is it typically this size? Or larger?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-31-2014, 01:29 AM
The art is 10" by 7". When you all purchase original artwork is it typically this size? Or larger?

I have many pieces of original art that is much smaller than that. Some of it is worth many thousands of GBP.

Randall Flagg
12-31-2014, 05:56 AM
If anyone is interested, Glenn has offered to do remarques in any of the lettered copies. He will do the remarque for free, but the owner must handle all shipping and insurance etc.

webstar1000
12-31-2014, 05:59 AM
If anyone is interested, Glenn has offered to do remarques in any of the lettered copies. He will do the remarque for free, but the owner must handle all shipping and insurance etc.

That's super cool of him.

Randall Flagg
12-31-2014, 06:27 AM
Glenn says he did the original art pieces on 11"x8" card-stock, then mailed the pieces to Pete who had them trimmed to fit inside the traycase.

AKC
12-31-2014, 06:33 AM
I'm gonna send mine to Glenn. Why not? I know, I know, remarques are a personal preference.....

Jerome, can you hook me up with contact and/or how to go about it via PM?

Thanks.

racerx45
12-31-2014, 08:47 AM

That's super cool of him.

+1

Room 217 Caretaker
12-31-2014, 09:37 AM
Glenn is a class act, no doubt.

Mulleins

bdwyer19
12-31-2014, 10:00 AM
Very nice gesture in his part!

Randall Flagg
12-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Original art included with Carrie:

http://www.thedarktower.org/custom/images/1420057129-Chadbourne%20lettered%20carrie%20art.jpg

T-Dogz_AK47
12-31-2014, 03:43 PM
This is the original artwork included in my copy of Carrie:

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a622/T-Dogz_AK47/tmp85A8_640x480_zpsa7ddd15c.jpg

zelig
12-31-2014, 04:18 PM
I don't see either of those in the Remarque booklet.

wizardsrainbow
01-01-2015, 06:52 AM
I own Letter "M"....am not thrilled with my artwork insert. I got the "Jesus" art.

carlosdetweiller
01-01-2015, 07:11 AM

Actually (I know, I know, I am continuing to beat a dead horse) the definition of a remarque isn't a drawing inside of a book. It is a lithographic term describing a small drawing or sketch in the margin of a plate that is removed after a few printings. But this is what comes when words or terms are improperly used. As it is used now (especially on tdt.org) the word remarque can mean anything the user wants it to mean. So Pete can call the original drawings on separate pieces of paper remarques if he wants to. Why he would want to is a whole different question. He should know better but, hey, these are as much remarques as any other original drawing or artwork is, I guess.

Room 217 Caretaker
01-01-2015, 07:31 AM
In a conversation Audrey Whelan and I had, she used the term "Added Value Drawing". I liked it so well I updated my collecting software with it.

Mulleins

Roseannebarr
01-01-2015, 07:51 AM

Actually (I know, I know, I am continuing to beat a dead horse) the definition of a remarque isn't a drawing inside of a book. It is a lithographic term describing a small drawing or sketch in the margin of a plate that is removed after a few printings. But this is what comes when words or terms are improperly used. As it is used now (especially on tdt.org) the word remarque can mean anything the user wants it to mean. So Pete can call the original drawings on separate pieces of paper remarques if he wants to. Why he would want to is a whole different question. He should know better but, hey, these are as much remarques as any other original drawing or artwork is, I guess.

Thank You!

this is the type of information I was looking for! I was seriously just trying to understand what I was getting! People assumed I was unhappy or wanted a refund. I was just trying to understand what a Remarque was and how it fit into what I purchased. The most I ever spent on a book before was $1700. Stephen kings the stand! And I knew what I was getting.

$4250 is a lot of money!

Roseannebarr
01-01-2015, 07:55 AM
I own Letter "M"....am not thrilled with my artwork insert. I got the "Jesus" art.

I was afraid I would get dead pigs or lots of blood! I requested no pigs and Carrie in my value added picture! The good news is you don't have it in your book for life! And you can request more value added pictures directly from the artist!

Cook
01-01-2015, 08:43 AM
I know I'm probably going to catch shit for this but oh well here goes.....
If the SK market is flooded with Chadbourne "art", and his work is decreasing in value daily, why oh why would you send your $4K+ book to be "Re-whateveryouchoosetocallit'd" ?
Just my opinion.

T-Dogz_AK47
01-01-2015, 09:35 AM
If the SK market is flooded with Chadbourne "art", and his work is decreasing in value daily, why oh why would you send your $4K+ book to be "Re-whateveryouchoosetocallit'd" ?
Just my opinion.

Because the first two assumptions in your statement are both incorrect, that's why.

DoctorZaius
01-01-2015, 10:34 AM
Just my opinion.

Because the first two assumptions in your statement are both incorrect, that's why.

My opinion is that the value of any Stephen King limited edition, will increase regardless of the artist involved, as long as the artist in question is the artist that is/was involved with the limited edition in question. Whether the market is flooded with Glen's work or not is irrelevant in the world of collectors who value remarries of such artists in their books. I, for one, have been very pleased to work with Glen, and others, and have loved the way Glen has let me help shape the work he has done for me. No reason to sound defensive with your legitimate comment.

Cook
01-01-2015, 11:19 AM
Just my opinion.

Personal feelings aside, do you really believe its hard to find Chadbourne "Remarque's" on the cheap?
You do realize he's just about personally Remarque'd every SK title.
Please don't take my response as a personal attack, not my intention.

Roseannebarr
01-02-2015, 09:22 AM
Just my opinion.

My opinions change daily but I can officially say Glenn Chadbourne Rocks!!! He offered to remarque (or whatever you call it) our lettered Carrie books for free!!!! He saw my comments contacted Merlin and Randall directly. Although i will not take him up on the offer. I prefer to keep my books in the 1st state, IE as issued instead of adding remarques, pictures, etc... this is my personal preference....

But Cook is offering up a valid point, when i first purchased a limited edition signed book and Cemetery DAnse contacted me about adding a remarque (or value added art) from Glen Chadbourne (FUll dark no stars), i was just learning about this process. I contacted several very respected members on this site and they stated as for as increase in investment, planning purposes a remarque from a very prolific artist would not increase the value of the book.

by increase, i mean above and beyond the cost of the remarque. my understanding is that the scarcity of the art helps increase value.
I chose at that time not to do remarques!

Ari_Racing
01-07-2015, 05:21 AM
I don't think that anyone who dealt with Glenn can deny he's a super great guy. But I also find hard to believe that someone says that the SK market is not flooded with his stuff...IMO, that's not an impression: it's a fact. In 10 years he became the illustrator that worked the most with books King related.

Art is subjective but I think Bob Jackson nailed it when he mentioned why he didn't get this book. I'm 100% SURE that this book's reception would have been far more celebrated if there was a Whelan involved. Yes, Glenn is probably less expensive to comision than Michael Whelan, but in a $4200+ book, I think the published could have spent a little more in the production.

webstar1000
01-07-2015, 06:02 AM
I don't think that anyone that dealt with Glenn can deny he's a super great guy. But I also find hard to believe that someone says that the SK market is not flooded with his stuff...IMO, that's not an impression: it's a fact. In 10 years he became the illustrator that worked the most with books King related.

Art is subjetive but I think Bob Jackson nailed it when he mentioned why he didn't get this book. I'm 100% SURE that this book's reception would have been far more celebrated if there was a Whelan involved. Yes, Glenn is probably less expensive to comision than Michael Whelan, but in a $4200+ book, I think the published could have spent a little more in the production.

I agree 100% with every word you said. Not only that... I would have bought that book no question should Whelan been the artist. NO QUESTION... I think a lot more of them would have found a home here in the TD.ORG universe.

Merlin1958
01-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Of course spend your money as you see fit, but every artist that has food on his/her table is prolific. Glenn has just chosen to concentrate on the "Horror" genre. BTW, he says to say "Hi"!!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img631/55/2tagBO.jpg

AKC
01-09-2015, 08:33 AM
Spoke with Glenn and I am sending him my book next week. He has agreed to put an additional 3 "value-added" (formerly remarque) original drawings in my Deluxe Carrie.

Again, recognizing that it's personal preference but I am excited to see what he comes up with….

webstar1000
01-09-2015, 09:13 AM
I would be very interested to hear thoughts/views/feelings from anyone here who has bought this book (Lettered Carrie from PS) but the one from CD as well... or even the artist. I would like their "hands on" thoughts to both productions. Thanks!

Randall Flagg
01-09-2015, 11:29 AM
"Lettered" Copy #4 came with two pieces of original art, and two sig sheets. One sig sheet is blank, the other has the signatures.

bdwyer19
01-09-2015, 11:32 AM
Why would it have a blank signature sheet?

Randall Flagg
01-09-2015, 11:42 AM
Pictures coming soon.
There is an answer to that question, but it's best if members ponder.

racerx45
01-09-2015, 11:47 AM
Pictures coming soon.
There is an answer to that question, but it's best if members ponder.

Is this one of the 4 publisher's copies that was not signed and then after some comments in the forum they changed to having signatures?

Randall Flagg
01-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Pics of "4" in the catalog entry:

Carrie - Deluxe 40th Anniversary Edition - Lettered - UK (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Carrie+-+Deluxe+40th+Anniversary+Edition+Lettered+-+UK)

mkb.redux
01-09-2015, 02:58 PM
I am old, but have the internet... can't find the letter "4."

Randall Flagg
01-09-2015, 03:22 PM
Probaby because "4" (which by the way since you are old; is atop most keyboards- a shift above 4 gets you "$"). is a number. I've tried to make it clear.

FYI, wikipedia explains 4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4_%28number%29

mkb.redux
01-09-2015, 05:15 PM
Probaby because "4" (which by the way since you are old; is atop most keyboards- a shift above 4 gets you "$"). is a number. I've tried to make it clear.

Ah.

Is this a Haven Fund auction, then?

stroppygoblin
01-09-2015, 06:03 PM

Ah.

Is this a Haven Fund auction, then?

That was my thought. It's a hell of a donation if it is...

zelig
01-09-2015, 06:55 PM
I might have missed it, so this is the "PC4" copy that's listed in the first post here?

Merlin1958
01-09-2015, 07:06 PM
RF has Glenn Chadbourne's #4 PC copy and it is definitely not a Haven Fund auction. Though I sincerely wish it was. Pete, has promised a couple of cool items though that have yet to arrive.

Lookwhoitis
01-09-2015, 09:04 PM
anyone have photos of all the tipped in b/w illustrations in the edition? (or a link where they are shown?)

Priest
01-10-2015, 12:29 AM
then i expect at least a signed 1-3 to exists, or what do you think ?

needfulthings
01-10-2015, 02:34 AM
Let me see if I understand this:unsure:.....The A-Z are now the same as a numbered state of these books and the 1,2,3,&4 can now be considered the same as a lettered state since there are NO copies marked PC?:confused: :panic: ::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Randall Flagg
01-10-2015, 06:09 AM
I would guess King has #1, Peter has #2, Nicky #3, and Chadbourne had #4.

zelig
01-10-2015, 08:39 AM

Maybe this is privileged information but how did Glenn's copy end up with you? He didn't want it?

Randall Flagg
01-10-2015, 09:34 AM
I'm not at liberty to say.

tippy4
01-10-2015, 10:29 AM

Maybe this is privileged information but how did Glenn's copy end up with you? He didn't want it?

I suppose their are four possible explanations:

1. Jerome stole it from Glenn.
2. Jerome bought it from Glenn.
3. Pete decided Glenn was not entitled to one and gave or sold it to Jerome.
4. Through an amazing set of circumstances, the USPS delivered Glenn's book to Jerome by mistake.

I think explanation#2 is most feasible.

AKC
01-10-2015, 10:36 AM
Hmmmmm....

I remember way back up the thread how upset some got when Pete announced that the "PC" copies were not going to be signed and how badly Glenn wanted his book and how upset he would be if it wasn't signed.

Had to be because he was planning to pass it on....Tippy is probably right

:orely:

zelig
01-10-2015, 10:54 AM
Yes, I'd say #2 is the correct answer... although if that is the case, I'm surprised Glenn would sell it.

racerx45
01-10-2015, 11:00 AM

I am guessing it is more of a joint custody thing, Jerome has Carrie on the weekends and Glenn during the week because of school. Glenn you may want to think about home schooling, just saying! :P

Ari_Racing
01-10-2015, 12:26 PM
Of course spend your money as you see fit, but every artist that has food on his/her table is prolific. Glenn has just chosen to concentrate on the "Horror" genre.

Of course, but still...market is flooded. I don't know if it also happened with Berni Wrightson. I know I wasn't super excited when he was chosen as the illustrator of Wolves of the Calla and I LOVE his artwork.

Randall Flagg
01-10-2015, 12:29 PM
Option #5-Jerome does not have the book.

Dan
01-10-2015, 12:57 PM

This was my thought. That maybe through the magic of the internet he was somehow able to get pictures transmitted to him without having to have the actual book in his possession.

zelig
01-10-2015, 01:12 PM

This was my thought. That maybe through the magic of the internet he was somehow able to get pictures transmitted to him without having to have the actual book in his possession.

Oh, duh! Never even considered that. I was just working with the 4 original options presented. My thinking-outside-the-box skills could sure use some work!

Randall Flagg
01-10-2015, 02:01 PM

Oh, duh! Never even considered that. I was just working with the 4 original options presented. My thinking-outside-the-box skills could sure use some work!
You may have noticed I didn't post images in the "Pride and Joy" thread, nor in my collection thread.

Priest
01-10-2015, 03:25 PM
but. my fellow sherlocks - the posting

"I would guess King has #1, Peter has #2, Nicky #3, and Chadbourne had #4."

allowed us to conclude that he did not HAVE it anymore. what resulted in the option that nobody else then the author of the statement, knows where it is!
Why wound the author of the postings say "had" if there would not be a reason for !

HA !
The defence rests :smile_002:

zelig
01-10-2015, 03:27 PM
That's right! I completely forgot about the "had"... I remember reading it twice to make sure... so you have a good point there.

zelig
01-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Well, that explains everything now!! Mystery solved... ha ha... :lol:

AKC
01-10-2015, 03:47 PM
RF has Glenn Chadbourne's #4 PC copy and it is definitely not a Haven Fund auction. Though I sincerely wish it was. Pete, has promised a couple of cool items though that have yet to arrive.

Merlin knows where it is! I think he has it!

We could start a whole new thread...."Where's #4?"

Randall Flagg
01-10-2015, 03:57 PM
The mystery still remains. Some presumptions

T-Dogz_AK47
01-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Merlin knows where it is! I think he has it!

We could start a whole new thread...."Where's #4?"

The #4 PC copy is obviously in transit between Glenn and Jerome and currently in the hands of USPS.

However, I am more concerned about this statement: :o

WTF!!! :onfire:

AKC
02-28-2015, 01:46 PM

--As owners post pictures of their copies I'll will link their name to the pics.--

A
B
C - jonp (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18338-Book-Collection-jonp&p=888085&viewfull=1#post888085)
D
E - Mr. Rabbit Trick
F
G
H - JasonUK
I
J
K - Roseannebarr
L - Pasiuk
M - wizardsrainbow
N
O
P
Q
R
S - zelig (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18803-Book-Collection-zelig&p=889837&viewfull=1#post889837) Art (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18870-Who-has-the-Carrie-PS-lettered-edition&p=892007&viewfull=1#post892007)
T
U
V
W - AKC Art (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?18870-Who-has-the-Carrie-PS-lettered-edition&p=891954&viewfull=1#post891954)
X
Y
Z - Mr. Rabbit Trick

PC1 - Steve
PC2 - Glenn
PC3 - Pete
PC4 -

Does this need to be updated? Let's merge it with a new thread to add the Thinner intel!

Randall Flagg
02-28-2015, 02:15 PM
Merging doesn't work that way.
We either have 2 separate threads, or we change the title of this thread to include both books; then edit post one to have a list for both books.
Sooner or later it will become unweildy.

webstar1000
10-22-2019, 03:13 PM
Still looking for one of these:)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-23-2019, 12:25 AM
I sold letter Z to a guy in Pitsburg, but will not post his name without his permission.

peripheral
10-23-2019, 03:59 AM

A
B
D
E - Mr. Rabbit Trick
F
G
H - JasonUK
I
J
K - Roseannebarr
L - Pasiuk
M - wizardsrainbow
N
O
P
Q
R
T
U
V
X
Y
Z - Mr. Rabbit Trick

PC1 - Steve
PC2 - Glenn
PC3 - Pete
PC4 -

Does this need to be updated? Let's merge it with a new thread to add the Thinner intel!

If this is still a working doc, I now am custodian of Letter C from Jon...

andyg75
03-07-2020, 11:51 AM
Looking to buy Letter G if anyone knows where it is. I believe it was bought from Betts some years ago

frik
03-07-2020, 10:51 PM
And while we're at it....Looking for the letter Q. At the time I purchased Thinner (Q) Pete told me Carrie was still available - would I be interested?
And I passed....:doh:
Don't ask - I have NO idea!

sk

OneFathom
03-08-2020, 01:15 AM
Looks like "H" just sold in the last few days. You can find the ebay link HERE (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Carrie-Traycased-Letter-H-26-PS-Publishing-Signed-by-King/223926810407?hash=item342313f727:g:AhEAAOSwoCFeVEf 0).

webstar1000
03-08-2020, 04:57 AM
Looks like "H" just sold in the last few days. You can find the ebay link HERE (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stephen-King-Carrie-Traycased-Letter-H-26-PS-Publishing-Signed-by-King/223926810407?hash=item342313f727:g:AhEAAOSwoCFeVEf 0).

Sold here to a member. It was about $5k

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-08-2020, 11:23 AM

It was $7813

webstar1000
03-08-2020, 12:03 PM

It was $7813

Member bought it here and that’s not what he paid. It was $5015 plus tax in US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny007
03-08-2020, 12:04 PM

It was $7813

Don't forget the 58 cents!

John

Johnny007
03-08-2020, 12:08 PM
If anyone is still keeping score, I have the Carrie letter T.

John

amd013
03-08-2020, 01:09 PM
It was $5653 us after taxes, shipping and poorer exchange rate. But as Kris said the amount pre tax, shipping was $5015.

When I have it in hand, I will let you know so the list can be updated.

Alec
03-08-2020, 02:13 PM
I have Carrie letter ‘U’.

webstar1000
03-08-2020, 02:59 PM
“I” is my letter

OldCrow88
03-08-2020, 06:11 PM
I became caretaker of letter 'W' about 4 years ago. I've kept up with the series and am anxiously awaiting arrival of Tommyknockers.

frik
02-24-2022, 10:50 PM
Still looking for Carrie letter Q.

sk

amd013
02-26-2022, 02:38 PM
I have H.