PDA

View Full Version : The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Kongo
01-05-2020, 10:18 AM
YES! This is awesome news if it doesn't fall through. Hulk is one of my favorites, and there's so many cool stories they could adapt

webstar1000
01-05-2020, 12:59 PM
This is wonderful news. If they could just get Sony to pony up too. Lol. I hope we see a Hilk move for 2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DanHocker
01-06-2020, 09:18 AM
This is wonderful news. If they could just get Sony to pony up too. Lol. I hope we see a Hilk move for 2021

The Hulk situation is a bit different than Sony. Sony actually owns the rights to the characters where Universal only actually owned Distribution rights. Universal couldn't have gone out and made a Hulk movie on their own they would still need Marvel Studios to do it. It's actually kinda weird.

webstar1000
01-06-2020, 09:28 AM

The Hulk situation is a bit different than Sony. Sony actually owns the rights to the characters where Universal only actually owned Distribution rights. Universal couldn't have gone out and made a Hulk movie on their own they would still need Marvel Studios to do it. It's actually kinda weird.

I was aware BUT you know Universal got something they wanted pretty badly to give up those distribution rights.... Sony will never sell. Not even a question.

DanHocker
01-06-2020, 11:29 AM

I was aware BUT you know Universal got something they wanted pretty badly to give up those distribution rights.... Sony will never sell. Not even a question.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Universal just got a payout. It didn't really do them any good to hold onto those rights because as long as they had them Disney wasn't gonna make a Hulk movie. Plus Disney could've just gotten around it by making called something else but making Hulk a main character. All this said I'm still not sure we're going to see a solo Hulk movie. Mostly because I don't really know what you'd do at this point. They already used the real big Hulk story line for Thor Ragnarok, and I can't imagine they'd do World War Hulk.

webstar1000
01-06-2020, 11:57 AM

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Universal just got a payout. It didn't really do them any good to hold onto those rights because as long as they had them Disney wasn't gonna make a Hulk movie. Plus Disney could've just gotten around it by making called something else but making Hulk a main character. All this said I'm still not sure we're going to see a solo Hulk movie. Mostly because I don't really know what you'd do at this point. They already used the real big Hulk story line for Thor Ragnarok, and I can't imagine they'd do World War Hulk.

I mean... they gotta though right? I wish they had never merged the Hulks to be honest... but we shall see.

fernandito
01-06-2020, 12:02 PM
The only way they could possibly do a World War Hulk story is if Doctor Strange/Wanda tinker with something in the Multiverse movie. Maybe they catch a glimpse of what he could potentially become and in a desperate preemptive strike they accidentally cause it.

That Multiverse film could open a lot of doors if used properly.

DanHocker
01-06-2020, 12:12 PM

I mean... they gotta though right? I wish they had never merged the Hulks to be honest... but we shall see.

They can't really do World War Hulk correctly at least because they did Planet Hulk inside Thor Ragnarok, and they kinda didn't do it the way that sets up World War Hulk. I just don't know what they do for a solo Hulk story outside of Planet Hulk or World War Hulk.

Hunchback Jack
01-06-2020, 02:51 PM
Maybe they could make up a whole new story?

HBJ

mae
01-06-2020, 03:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIfgkAJQrlM

amd013
01-06-2020, 04:10 PM
I quit collect in '96, so I am not familiar with what planet hulk or world war hulk was, but honestly, it doesn't sound interesting to me (sounds over the top grandiose, and that's a major factor in my decision to quit). I like the way the Incredible Hulk ended with a hint of the leader being born. Would like to see a movie with him as the villain.

DanHocker
01-07-2020, 07:17 AM
Maybe they could make up a whole new story?

HBJ

Maybe, but that hasn't really been their MO. I think almost all of the movies they've made so far have at least in some way been based on stories that already existed in the comics. Not necessarily adapted 100% though, just usually loosely adapted.

DanHocker
01-07-2020, 07:22 AM
I quit collect in '96, so I am not familiar with what planet hulk or world war hulk was, but honestly, it doesn't sound interesting to me (sounds over the top grandiose, and that's a major factor in my decision to quit). I like the way the Incredible Hulk ended with a hint of the leader being born. Would like to see a movie with him as the villain.

Planet Hulk and World War Hulk are actually really good in my opinion. And I don't even usually like Marvel books. That said the Hulk from those stories is really hard to do with the way they've made Hulk in the movies. You sort of get talking Hulk in Thor Ragnarok, but he's a idiot and is only vaguely coherent. You really need Hulk that is as coherent as he is in End Game, but is still all Hulk with no Banner.

fernandito
01-09-2020, 04:54 PM
Doctor Strange 2’ Director Scott Derrickson Drops Ou (https://variety.com/2020/film/news/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-director-scott-derrickson-drops-out-marvel-1203462569/)t

Scott Derrickson is stepping down as director of Marvel’s “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” Variety has learned.

The studio confirmed his departure in a statement, attributing it to “creative differences.” Derrickson, who oversaw the first “Doctor Strange,” will remain as an executive producer.

“Marvel Studios and Scott Derrickson have amicably parted ways on ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ due to creative differences,” Marvel said in a statement to Variety. “We remain grateful to Scott for his contributions to the MCU.”

The film will begin production in May and there are not expected to be any delays when it comes to shooting. The search for a replacement is currently underway.

“Doctor Strange” was a critical and commercial success when it opened in 2016, grossing nearly $680 million globally. The sequel will find Benedict Cumberbatch returning as Strange, a master of mystic arts. Elizabeth Olsen, who plays Scarlet Witch, is also expected to appear in the film.

“Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” is scheduled for release on May 7, 2021. Derrickson’s credits include “The Exorcism of Emily Rose” and “Sinister.” Marvel has several films slated to hit theaters before Doctor Strange conjures up his return to the big screen. This May brings “Black Widow,” with Scarlett Johansson reprising her role as the former Soviet spy, and 2020 will close out with the November release of “The Eternals,” the story of a race of immortal aliens. In February 2021, Marvel will unveil “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” its first Asian-led film.

Merlin1958
01-10-2020, 11:02 AM
Doctor Strange 2’ Director Scott Derrickson Drops Ou (https://variety.com/2020/film/news/doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness-director-scott-derrickson-drops-out-marvel-1203462569/)t

Scott Derrickson is stepping down as director of Marvel’s “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” Variety has learned.

The studio confirmed his departure in a statement, attributing it to “creative differences.” Derrickson, who oversaw the first “Doctor Strange,” will remain as an executive producer.

“Marvel Studios and Scott Derrickson have amicably parted ways on ‘Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness’ due to creative differences,” Marvel said in a statement to Variety. “We remain grateful to Scott for his contributions to the MCU.”

The film will begin production in May and there are not expected to be any delays when it comes to shooting. The search for a replacement is currently underway.

“Doctor Strange” was a critical and commercial success when it opened in 2016, grossing nearly $680 million globally. The sequel will find Benedict Cumberbatch returning as Strange, a master of mystic arts. Elizabeth Olsen, who plays Scarlet Witch, is also expected to appear in the film.

“Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” is scheduled for release on May 7, 2021. Derrickson’s credits include “The Exorcism of Emily Rose” and “Sinister.” Marvel has several films slated to hit theaters before Doctor Strange conjures up his return to the big screen. This May brings “Black Widow,” with Scarlett Johansson reprising her role as the former Soviet spy, and 2020 will close out with the November release of “The Eternals,” the story of a race of immortal aliens. In February 2021, Marvel will unveil “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings,” its first Asian-led film.

Gotta say the proposed release schedule for 2020 and early 2021 ain't doing much for me. Boring is the word that comes to mind. Wasting a lot of time that could be used for actors currently under contract. I think Marvel may be getting ahead of themsolves. "Black Widow" looks kinda "Meh" and "The Eternals" isa we'll see for me. For my money I would prefer snother, Gotg, Thor or bring back Vision and Pietro!!!!!! lol (Two of my personal Fave's)

mae
01-10-2020, 11:09 AM
Vision (and potentially Quicksilver) will be back this fall on Disney+ in WandaVision.

Iwritecode
01-10-2020, 11:15 AM
I thought I heard that they are working on GOTG 3 as well or was that just a rumor?

Also another Thor movie is already in the works.

Merlin1958
01-10-2020, 11:36 AM
Vision (and potentially Quicksilver) will be back this fall on Disney+ in WandaVision.

Cool beans, but animated right? I was hoping for live action

I thought I heard that they are working on GOTG 3 as well or was that just a rumor?

Also another Thor movie is already in the works.

No release date yet for Thor that I am aware and Directing issues with GoTG III (delayed it at least. They may have resolved the director. Not sure)

fernandito
01-10-2020, 11:39 AM
Yes, they reinstated Sean Gunn as director of GotG a few weeks/months ago. He's wrapping up Suicide Squad 2 however so don't expect to see Guardians until 2021 the absolute earliest, most likely 2022.

My main fear with Derrickson exiting Strange 2 is that they'll lose potentially jettison the horror elements of the film which was one of the biggest selling points for me.

mae
01-10-2020, 11:41 AM
No, WandaVision is live action. Most MCU series on D+ will be live action.

mae
01-10-2020, 11:43 AM
Thor: Love and Thunder comes out November 5, 2021. No date yet for Guardians 3.

Merlin1958
01-10-2020, 11:48 AM

No, WandaVision is live action. Most MCU series on D+ will be live action.

In that case very cool!!!

mae
01-13-2020, 10:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLMBLuGJTsA

mae
01-13-2020, 10:42 AM
Sinister Six confirmed!

webstar1000
01-13-2020, 10:44 AM
Sinister Six confirmed!

This could be good. BUT get Marvel in there to helm it!

PS: Morbuis looks terrible sadly:(

fernandito
01-13-2020, 11:21 AM
It looks like big, dumb fun.

I'm here for it.

DanHocker
01-13-2020, 11:50 AM
I mean this is at the very least "lightly" in the MCU right? That Michael Keaton's "Vulture" character from Spider-man Homecoming.

fernandito
01-13-2020, 11:53 AM
Yes. I mean ultimately we're going to see both companies testing the waters as far as continuity and crossovers. I'm all for it though, and Sony could use the help.

mae
01-13-2020, 11:56 AM
Yeah seems they're setting up Sinister Six after all with Venom, Morbius, Vulture, Mysterio... Spider-Man will show up sooner or later. There was already a graffiti of him in the Morbius trailer.

webstar1000
01-13-2020, 11:57 AM
Yes. I mean ultimately we're going to see both companies testing the waters as far as continuity and crossovers. I'm all for it though, and Sony could use the help.

Agreed. I can see them working together more and more. Disney will want the most $ from the deal BUT I feel they can play nice and why would they not want to??? MORE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

DanHocker
01-13-2020, 12:06 PM

Agreed. I can see them working together more and more. Disney will want the most $ from the deal BUT I feel they can play nice and why would they not want to??? MORE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'm guessing the deal basically came down to "You can continue to use Spider-man in the MCU extended movies, if we can put him in our movies too"

webstar1000
01-13-2020, 12:11 PM

I'm guessing the deal basically came down to "You can continue to use Spider-man in the MCU extended movies, if we can put him in our movies too"

yeppers

Br!an
01-13-2020, 01:12 PM

yeppers

The old reach-around.

mae
01-13-2020, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1eykFE1fSA

mae
01-30-2020, 03:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XyYUnWMItk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7CxFD5omNg

mae
02-02-2020, 06:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTL3OZkVMHQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62EB4JniuTc

mae
02-03-2020, 06:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb_xrfH1bIs

mae
02-13-2020, 05:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-4-_lsVANM

mae
03-09-2020, 12:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybji16u608U

fernandito
03-09-2020, 01:56 PM
I'm ready. Also I'm wondering how many films in that Marvel will decide to drop Florence Pugh's Russian accent like they did Wanda's :lol:

webstar1000
03-09-2020, 02:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybji16u608U

That looks AMAZING!

mae
03-09-2020, 02:47 PM
I know, so epic! I had tears of joy watching it. Hope to catch this trailer on the big screen soon.

MikeDuke
03-09-2020, 02:53 PM
Pretty damn impressive. I am happy that Blackwidow is getting her own film. I mean I loved her in CA Civil War and IM 2, and CA Winter Solider, as well as the other movies but for her to have her
own is pretty special.

Hunchback Jack
03-09-2020, 05:47 PM
It's long overdue. It's an interesting character, and ScarJo is solid in the role. So glad it's happening at last.

HBJ

mae
03-12-2020, 02:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huPc2e9FuIE

Kongo
03-12-2020, 04:09 PM
Shall we start taking bets on how long it takes to postpone Black Widow now? :rose: Kind of seems all in the air, but hopefully having a May release it won't come to that

DanHocker
03-13-2020, 05:48 AM
Shall we start taking bets on how long it takes to postpone Black Widow now? :rose: Kind of seems all in the air, but hopefully having a May release it won't come to that

I'm actually surprised Disney is postponing any of their releases. They always seemed like the type of company that would've just eaten the box office losses. Especially since postponing the releases really messes with their already over filled release schedule. But I guess that whole release schedule might be getting pushed anyways because I'm sure production is getting delayed on stuff that's further down the pipe.

Kongo
03-17-2020, 09:29 AM
With how rapidly everything is changing now, it was all just a matter of time :frown:

https://www.ign.com/articles/black-widow-release-date-delayed

fernandito
03-17-2020, 10:20 AM
...I'm sure production is getting delayed on stuff that's further down the pipe.

Funny you mention that

Marvel Studios Shuts Down Disney+ Shows ‘Loki’ And ‘WandaVision’ Over Coronavirus Concerns (https://deadline.com/2020/03/marvel-studios-shuts-down-disneyshows-loki-wandavision-1202883491/)

Merlin1958
03-23-2020, 12:56 PM
With how rapidly everything is changing now, it was all just a matter of time :frown:

https://www.ign.com/articles/black-widow-release-date-delayed

Makes sense. Where would it actually be played? I don't know about where you live, but here all the theaters are closed until further notice!!! lol

mae
04-03-2020, 03:43 PM
Some MCU shuffling announced today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzEu7k6lLqQ

mae
04-21-2020, 10:38 AM
https://variety.com/2020/film/box-office/venom-sequel-delayed-june-2021-1234586038/

Sony’s “Venom” sequel — officially titled “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” — has delayed its big screen debut. The film was expected to hit theaters Oct. 2, 2020, and will instead launch eight months later on June 25, 2021.

“Venom” occupied the spot previously vacated by Robert Pattinson’s “The Batman,” which Warner Bros. recently moved back to Oct. 1, 2021.

By postponing “Venom” until next year, Sony has reshuffled nearly every movie scheduled to release in 2020. The studio already pushed back many of its major films — including “Morbius” (from July 31, 2020, to March 19, 2021), “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” (from July 10, 2020, to March 5, 2021) and Tom Holland’s “Uncharted” (from March 5, 2021, to Oct. 8, 2021).

MikeDuke
04-21-2020, 11:05 AM
Oh well. I really like the first Venom. I can wait. It seems like just about everything is being shifted.

Merlin1958
04-21-2020, 11:21 AM
The MCU "Big Bang" progression is sadly on hold indefinitely. :cry::cry::cry:

But wait!!! Seriously they are doing a film called "The Batman" which presumably will be a try at a new franchise? I don't know if I could take another origin story on him!!! LOL Fucking aliens monitoring our culture from a million light years away must know his origin story by heart for the love of God!!! LOL LOL

DanHocker
04-22-2020, 06:00 AM
This is not surprising. Aside from the concerns about theaters not even being open yet come early fall / people not willing to risk going back to theaters, there have probably been major delays in post production on most if not all of the movies planned for the 2nd half of the year. A lot of those editing jobs and VFX stuff are probably really hard to do from home given the types of computer hardware needed to do a lot of that, and the sheer size of the data involved.

fernandito
04-22-2020, 08:25 AM
...Fucking aliens monitoring our culture from a million light years away must know his origin story by heart for the love of God!!! LOL LOL

this made me LOL for real :lol:

Merlin1958
04-22-2020, 11:50 AM
...Fucking aliens monitoring our culture from a million light years away must know his origin story by heart for the love of God!!! LOL LOL

this made me LOL for real :lol:

I have my moments!! Glad I could give a chuckle for a change!!!

mae
04-22-2020, 12:25 PM
This is off-topic, but from what I gathered The Batman (2021) won't be an origin story, but it will be fairly early in Batman's career. All indications point that it will effectively be adapting Year One and The Long Halloween and stuff around that, or at least taking inspiration from it.

Merlin1958
04-23-2020, 12:10 PM
This is off-topic, but from what I gathered The Batman (2021) won't be an origin story, but it will be fairly early in Batman's career. All indications point that it will effectively be adapting Year One and The Long Halloween and stuff around that, or at least taking inspiration from it.

My apologies. It was a sort of reflex post to what you yourself brought up, my dear!!! lol

Fucking "Jersey Girls"!!!! :shrug: LOL J/K

Moving on................................................ ....

fernandito
04-24-2020, 08:29 AM
..All indications point that it will effectively be adapting Year One and The Long Halloween and stuff around that, or at least taking inspiration from it.

Yes, with an equally healthy dose of Zero Year (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_Zero_Year). It will arguably be as important a backbone to the film as the other two stories.

mae
04-24-2020, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NOtCVD-GC0

mae
07-18-2020, 07:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqsO40pm0-I

Iwritecode
08-20-2020, 08:44 AM
Spider-Woman movie coming soon?

https://www.glamour.com/story/olivia-wilde-will-reportedly-direct-a-secret-marvel-movie-with-a-female-superhero?mbid=synd_yahoo_rss

mae
08-20-2020, 04:15 PM
Sounds like Spider-Woman is all but official. Loved Olivia Wilde's Booksmart and was so heartbroken to see it knocked out in the first round of our tournament.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6jgbg8dExU

Hunchback Jack
08-20-2020, 04:53 PM
Neat. A great opportunity for Wilde, too.

mae
08-22-2020, 06:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbUzceggdbo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX7GfRQwoYA

mae
08-31-2020, 01:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl2wSjT1QRM

Tommy
09-01-2020, 07:48 AM
On Sunday, the Flags at our Statehouse were flown at half-staff for him and then at sunset, they were given to his family. Also....

Thousands ask for a statue of Chadwick Boseman to replace a Confederate memorial in his hometown (https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/31/us/chadwick-boseman-petition-replace-confederate-memorial-trnd/index.html)

mae
09-04-2020, 04:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fBpPa7uA7Q

Still Servant
09-05-2020, 12:43 PM
I know I'm in the minority and it's hard to pass up when Marvel comes knocking, but I would prefer if Wilde continued to direct stuff like Booksmart instead of jumping at the first comicbook film to come her way. Again, I get it, you just don't pass that up. Hopefully, when she's done with that, she can get back to smaller films.

mae
09-14-2020, 07:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdat4uV0kkM

mae
09-18-2020, 05:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR8-IiN_ogk

mae
09-20-2020, 02:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipov0bpRJRM

mae
09-21-2020, 09:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj9J2ecsSpo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH_LCqCVlKM

mae
09-24-2020, 03:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuUDegCe0vs

webstar1000
09-24-2020, 03:23 PM
Theatres will not survive this continual delaying of movies to line studios pockets.

mae
09-25-2020, 10:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3IU0RHwKKw

webstar1000
09-25-2020, 10:32 AM

She is THE WORST. I cannot watch a single second of that woman!

mae
09-25-2020, 10:49 AM
What, why? She's knows her stuff, she's a geek and an insider. I love her stuff, even though I don't always agree with her takes (she hates Birds of Prey and I utterly loved it).

fernandito
09-25-2020, 11:03 AM
Honestly I don't think it matters when Disney decides to release its films, they're in a privileged position right now where they can pick and choose their dates and fanbois/girls will flock to them.

mae
09-25-2020, 03:31 PM
More MCU on Disney+!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QleetiuYGg

Kongo
09-26-2020, 05:26 AM

Thank god someone said it :lol: I agree with Kris. Not only can she be incredibly obnoxious, she also contradicts herself sometimes in her reviews.

As for the MCU, I'm actually glad they're taking the year off. It just means it will be that much more impactful when it returns. Hopefully those who were burned out, are more willing to get back on the train. I do of course worry for theaters. I myself have always loved seeing event movies with a crowd, and on the biggest screen possible.

amd013
09-26-2020, 02:46 PM
I agree, I always wonder why she is yelling at me... LOL. I mean I'm right here!

After Black Widow, not excited by anything on the MCU schedule.

Iwritecode
09-28-2020, 04:55 AM

Thank god someone said it :lol: I agree with Kris. Not only can she be incredibly obnoxious, she also contradicts herself sometimes in her reviews.

I stopped watching her videos after she did a review of the Dark Tower movie or trailer (I don't remember which) and it was obvious she had never read the source material.

mae
09-28-2020, 04:57 AM
She's not a Dark Tower junkie, but she's definitely very knowledgeable when it comes to Marvel and DC.

mae
10-06-2020, 11:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVD3YputGKc

amd013
10-06-2020, 11:45 AM
Oh please god no! All this spin-off, multi-verse crap is why I stopped collecting comic books. If you go to the Marvel database, it has to indicate what "earth" the character is from! WTF! I am already losing interest in Marvel movies, it is too diluted. This is sad for considering I have around 4-5K comic books in my closet (90%+ Marvel)

Just go to this page to see how many spin-offs of spider-man there are. My head spun. This is exponentially worse then when I quit. I am sure a lot of the ones listed where imposters or one off appearances, but still, Damn!

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Spider-Man

After Black Widow, I may be done. (maybe Guardians 3)

mae
10-08-2020, 04:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRm6DyxxWdA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_uh5Re4tDE

Pere Jere
10-09-2020, 07:04 AM
Oh please god no! All this spin-off, multi-verse crap is why I stopped collecting comic books. If you go to the Marvel database, it has to indicate what "earth" the character is from! WTF! I am already losing interest in Marvel movies, it is too diluted. This is sad for considering I have around 4-5K comic books in my closet (90%+ Marvel)

Just go to this page to see how many spin-offs of spider-man there are. My head spun. This is exponentially worse then when I quit. I am sure a lot of the ones listed where imposters or one off appearances, but still, Damn!

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Spider-Man

After Black Widow, I may be done. (maybe Guardians 3)

Yeah, they definitely have gotten out of hand. A self-contained multi-verse like in The Dark Tower or within Into the Spider-Verse doesn’t bother me. The problem is many of these are created out of laziness and greed. Comic companies don’t want to invest in new characters because it’s risky so we get the same name repackaged to reboot it as the same person or a new one when the name has been around for decades and probably should be shelved to make room for new heroes. It just creates a confusing mess. I’m all in favor of killing off heroes, having them retire, or replacing them when appropriate such as if they wear a mask like Spider-man (as far as I’m concerned Miles Morales is SM now.) I’d take any of those options over reboots and multi-verses.

webstar1000
10-09-2020, 07:10 AM
Is it just me OR is Marvel seeing the brilliance that was DC in Flashpoint and trying to capitalize? Thats JUST how I see it...

Iwritecode
10-09-2020, 07:14 AM
Wasn't the Doctor Strange sequel announced in like 2018 though? I think they've had this plan for some time now.

webstar1000
10-09-2020, 07:23 AM
Wasn't the Doctor Strange sequel announced in like 2018 though? I think they've had this plan for some time now.

hiring old Spidermans back? Old actors that played the enemies.... i doubt it.

Iwritecode
10-09-2020, 08:25 AM

I don't know if they had exactly that in mind but it's been known that it's gonna be called the "multiverse of madness" for a couple of years now.

fernandito
10-09-2020, 08:25 AM
Is it just me OR is Marvel seeing the brilliance that was DC in Flashpoint and trying to capitalize? Thats JUST how I see it...

Let's pump the brakes on calling it brilliant, the movies not out yet! Let's see it first :lol:

You both have a point tho. Marvel already had an idea that they would incorporate a multiverse into their cinematic universe, but its entirely possible that DC announcing their multiple Batman approach certainly inspired them go the Spiderverse route (if that is indeed what they're doing, it hasn't been 100% confirmed yet).

webstar1000
10-09-2020, 08:26 AM

I don't know if they had exactly that in mind but it's been known that it's gonna be called the "multiverse of madness" for a couple of years now.

Oh yeah I knew that BUT I think they seen DC connecting Flash with old actors and were like.. "DAMMM that is brilliant we should do that to". Hey you could be right but it JUST feels the other way. I mean they are JUST starting to talk to the old Spidermans... do you not think they would have before if they were planning this?

mae
10-17-2020, 03:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZNRMsSKxqs

Pere Jere
10-18-2020, 05:45 AM
Doing a Spider-man multiverse that doesn’t have Miles Morales is never gonna fully make sense to me but after 50+ years of comics, numerous animated shows, and 8 stand alone films I think it’s time to put Peter Parker on the shelf anyway 🤷. With that being said, if done right, it would be cool to see all three film versions on screen together.

Tbh, after Endgame I’m kind of cool to the MCU anyway. I’ll still see them but there’s nothing coming out that really has me excited. I’m most interested in WandaVision and Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings because they seem to have the possibility to offer up something original.

fernandito
10-19-2020, 07:27 AM
I'm going to keep watching MCU until they prove they no longer have it. After 10+ years of consistent, premiere blockbuster storytelling they've earned the benefit of a doubt, and then some.

mae
10-19-2020, 07:28 AM
Agreed, the Young Avengers is really exciting.

webstar1000
10-19-2020, 07:32 AM
I'm going to keep watching MCU until they prove they no longer have it. After 10+ years of consistent, premiere blockbuster storytelling they've earned the benefit of a doubt, and then some.

WELL SAID.

MikeDuke
10-19-2020, 07:50 AM
100% agree.

amd013
10-20-2020, 08:16 AM
100% agree.

I have to admit, when I first saw the trailers for Guardians of the Galaxy, I thought this is where Marvel jumps the shark. I had collected GotG back in the 90's and none of the hero's in the trailer were part of the group I was familiar with (although I was familiar with Drax, Gamora, and Rocket but they were 20th century, wheras GotG was set in the 31st century or something like that). Seeing them play "Hooked on a feeling" in the trailer just made it look silly. I was very pleasantly surprised.

However have said that, during my collecting years, I never knew anyone who collected or read Shang-Chi or the Eternals. I hated story lines where someone took over another heroes powers, thus not interested in Love and Thunder, am also on record as hating multiverse concept so skeptical on next Doc Strange movie.

But maybe Shang-Chi and Eternals will surprise me like GotG did.

mae
10-26-2020, 03:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCq0XzG4bCg

fernandito
10-27-2020, 09:45 AM
Great casting choice! And finally, a Latino in the MCU! :clap:

mae
10-31-2020, 07:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB-FePWDGjw

Merlin1958
10-31-2020, 11:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB-FePWDGjw

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

You know, I'm probably talking straight outta my ass and it will never happen but, wouldn't it be too cool to have a select cross-over event between Marvel and Star Wars? Maybe introducing GoTG to set off a new SW saga? I don't know just dreaming but man, that would be fucking cool if done right, wouldn't it?

Merlin1958
11-15-2020, 12:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8X-awCROJM&feature=emb_rel_end

mae
12-02-2020, 07:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66zZXggYsOc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNBLSXaPpcA

Tommy
12-04-2020, 12:20 AM
Letitia Wright, who plays one of the smartest characters in the MCU, just posted a ridiculous antivaxxer (and transphobic) video. Who'd a thunk it?

https://twitter.com/letitiawright/status/1334667862141755392

She also seems woefully ill-informed when it comes to the meaning of "luciferase".

I did the luciferase/luciferin firefly experiment in college chemistry, it was one of my favorite labs.

Anyway, back to the MCU fun!

Joe315
12-04-2020, 05:52 AM
Letitia Wright, who plays one of the smartest characters in the MCU, just posted a ridiculous antivaxxer (and transphobic) video. Who'd a thunk it?

She also seems woefully ill-informed when it comes to the meaning of "luciferase".

I did the luciferase/luciferin firefly experiment in college chemistry, it was one of my favorite labs.

She deleted the tweet. But people don’t understand basic chemistry. Sure sodium by itself is bad. But combine it with chloride and you have harmless table salt.

MikeDuke
12-04-2020, 07:37 AM
I have been watching all the movies, once a week. Last night was Dr. Strange. I forgot how good that was and they mentioned the multi-verse phenomena a few times. I think they did in the 2nd Spiderman movie as well.
I am really excited to see what DR. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness will be like and what the effects will be after that film. Man I love this series. I hope there are many more movies to come.

Tommy
12-04-2020, 03:20 PM

She deleted the tweet. But people don’t understand basic chemistry. Sure sodium by itself is bad. But combine it with chloride and you have harmless table salt.

I'm glad she deleted it. I was coming to update my post. People like that guy in the video having a platform to spout nonsense about science is a serious problem. I really don't know how to stop it from happening but that's for a different thread. I'll stop now.

Tommy
12-04-2020, 07:54 PM

I'm glad she deleted it. I was coming to update my post. People like that guy in the video having a platform to spout nonsense about science is a serious problem. I really don't know how to stop it from happening but that's for a different thread. I'll stop now.

K, one last thing, it appears she has deleted her Twitter account now.

Joe315
12-04-2020, 08:08 PM

K, one last thing, it appears she has deleted her Twitter account now.

Jesus. I hate this cancel culture. No one can be better if they get pushed aside. She apologized and was corrected. People need to move on.

Iwritecode
12-07-2020, 06:17 AM

Yea, the great thing about free speech is that everyone gets to say almost anything they want.
The worst thing about free speech is that EVERYONE gets to say almost ANYTHING they want. Even that guy in the video... :ninja:

fernandito
12-08-2020, 12:52 PM
SPIDERVERSE HERE WE COME

Spider-Man 3 Will Reportedly Bring Back Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire With Alfred Molina (https://www.ign.com/articles/spider-man-3-alfred-molina-will-return-as-doctor-octopus?sf134014175=1)

mae
12-09-2020, 03:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY8m7UpkcaU

MikeDuke
12-10-2020, 07:38 AM
SPIDERVERSE HERE WE COME

Spider-Man 3 Will Reportedly Bring Back Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire With Alfred Molina (https://www.ign.com/articles/spider-man-3-alfred-molina-will-return-as-doctor-octopus?sf134014175=1)
Wow, there is so much they can do with this. It' obviously after Dr. Strange MVOM right? They are trying to twist our brains and it just may work. The part in the Garfield Spiderman series is the part where they showed all
the costumes of the other villains was cool. It seemed like in one of the post credit scenes Michael Keaton was ready to return to the Vulture. So many directions they can go. It can get complicated real fast if they are not careful.
But I am anxious to see how far they take this section of the MCU.

fernandito
12-10-2020, 08:11 AM
The part in the Garfield Spiderman series is the part where they showed all the costumes of the other villains was cool. Yep. They were setting up the Sinister Six (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinister_Six) -Doctor Octopus, Vulture, Electro, Mysterio, Sandman, Kraven The Hunter- for a future SM3 with Garfield, which of course ultimately fell through. Looks like MCU will look to reintroduce this concept via multiverse.

mae
12-10-2020, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iLVoEg9aLk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4JuopziR3Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkBfGvb7NzM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBhlqe2OTt4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRNI9TtBM5E

mae
12-10-2020, 07:09 PM
And here is the full presentation from Marvel, I'm so giddy, so many characters!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs2ij2L8f9E

Merlin1958
12-10-2020, 07:34 PM
Well, finally some good looking new content for Disney+ :clap::clap:

fernandito
12-11-2020, 09:57 AM
I'm most excited for The Eternals. That'll be something different to what we've gotten from them before.

Also, can we PLEASE cast John Krasinksi and Emily Blunt as the Richards' in Fantastic Four?!?!

Aremag
12-11-2020, 10:27 AM
Now it is starting to remind me of what happened with the Marvel comics....too much stuff and the potential for suckage goes up. A bunch of it is stuff I want like the third Antman and finally a chance at a good Fantastic Four movie. Christian Bale as the villain is the new Thor has potential.

mae
12-11-2020, 10:45 AM
I'm still waiting for some of the major YouTubers to post some analysis because that was TONS of information.

mae
12-11-2020, 03:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63mM49XqKts

mae
12-15-2020, 08:16 AM
https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1158424-legends-marvel-studios-new-disney-series

Following Disney’s Investor Day last week, Marvel Studios has made a follow-up announcement revealing the they will officially be launching a new Disney+ series titled Marvel Studios: Legends, which will debut on Friday, January 8, 2021. That’s one week ahead of the highly-anticipated premiere of WandaVision.

The series will give fans an in-depth look at individual MCU characters while also revisiting some of their iconic moments. The first two episodes are expected to center around Wanda Maximoff and Vision and their interconnected path across the MCU that led them both to where they are at the start of the show.

As the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to expand, Marvel Studios: Legends celebrates and codifies what has come before. Revisit the epic heroes, villains and moments from across the MCU in preparation for the highly anticipated stories still to come.

Each dynamic segment feeds directly into the upcoming series premiering on Disney+ — setting the stage for future events. Marvel Studios: Legends weaves together the many threads that constitute the unparalleled Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The first episode of Legends will explore Wanda’s story as she grapples with cruel hardships and loss, a chaotic power that she strives to control, and shifting loyalties from those she trusts most. While the second episode deals with Vision’s quest to understand humans more fully, evolving to be more like them, as he explores a romantic relationship with Wanda Maximoff in Captain America: Civil War. All of this leads to his final moments, as he makes the ultimate sacrifice for mankind, leaving those he loved to an uncertain future.

https://www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2020/12/LEGENDS-e1608044629756.jpg

Merlin1958
12-15-2020, 08:33 AM
https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1158424-legends-marvel-studios-new-disney-series

Following Disney’s Investor Day last week, Marvel Studios has made a follow-up announcement revealing the they will officially be launching a new Disney+ series titled Marvel Studios: Legends, which will debut on Friday, January 8, 2021. That’s one week ahead of the highly-anticipated premiere of WandaVision.

The series will give fans an in-depth look at individual MCU characters while also revisiting some of their iconic moments. The first two episodes are expected to center around Wanda Maximoff and Vision and their interconnected path across the MCU that led them both to where they are at the start of the show.

As the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues to expand, Marvel Studios: Legends celebrates and codifies what has come before. Revisit the epic heroes, villains and moments from across the MCU in preparation for the highly anticipated stories still to come.

Each dynamic segment feeds directly into the upcoming series premiering on Disney+ — setting the stage for future events. Marvel Studios: Legends weaves together the many threads that constitute the unparalleled Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The first episode of Legends will explore Wanda’s story as she grapples with cruel hardships and loss, a chaotic power that she strives to control, and shifting loyalties from those she trusts most. While the second episode deals with Vision’s quest to understand humans more fully, evolving to be more like them, as he explores a romantic relationship with Wanda Maximoff in Captain America: Civil War. All of this leads to his final moments, as he makes the ultimate sacrifice for mankind, leaving those he loved to an uncertain future.

https://www.comingsoon.net/assets/uploads/2020/12/LEGENDS-e1608044629756.jpg

Sounds great!!!! Something similar would be great for the SW universe as well. I wonder if they plan on pursuing it for SW.

mae
01-09-2021, 11:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCk9kUNxuzk

Merlin1958
01-10-2021, 11:01 AM
Wandavision premieres this Friday on Disney+

fernandito
01-11-2021, 10:04 AM
I'm beyond stoked for WandaVision this Friday. Early whispers are that its a quirky little triumph. Can't wait.

mae
01-11-2021, 02:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL8bFi0ueAY

Aremag
01-12-2021, 05:54 AM
I'd love to see if and how they'd incorporate Deadpool into the PG-13 movies which I hope they do.

webstar1000
01-15-2021, 01:55 PM
Has anyone watched Wandavison yet? So far I’m... like WTF. Not a fan. About to start second episode

mae
01-15-2021, 02:12 PM
I take it you're not a Dick Van Dyke Show fan.

amd013
01-15-2021, 03:18 PM
Has anyone watched Wandavison yet? So far I’m... like WTF. Not a fan. About to start second episode

Not a Disney+ subscriber. How do they release them? Whole season at a time, or 1 episode a week?

mae
01-15-2021, 03:28 PM
Weekly. First two dropped today.

Merlin1958
01-15-2021, 05:11 PM

They're obviously going somewhere with this. You saw the guy coming out of the manhole and the sneak peek?

Check out that Marvel 616 some real gold there I thought.

webstar1000
01-16-2021, 05:33 AM

Nope. I hate old shows and the silly laugh tracks. Total fail for me. This show makes zero sense.

Merlin1958
01-16-2021, 09:18 AM

Nope. I hate old shows and the silly laugh tracks. Total fail for me. This show makes zero sense.

FUCKING CANADIANS!! THEY'D RATHER WATCH MOOSE MATE !! LOL LOL

Just a little ball breaking, Kris. lol

RUBE
01-16-2021, 04:27 PM

Dude, it is obviously all some alternate reality she or someone else created. She is using it to cope with the loss of Vision so she is making her reality like those "perfect" sitcom families of the past. The "real" reality is trying to break through as the things that don't belong in the sitcoms she (or someone else) is creating. The battle between what is real and what isn't will be the interesting part. This will also lead directly into all the multiverse things that will happen in Dr. Strange and Spiderman. The next big villain and the introduction of characters like the X-Men will all probably come from all this messing with reality and alternate universes.

webstar1000
01-16-2021, 04:37 PM

Dude, it is obviously all some alternate reality she or someone else created. She is using it to cope with the loss of Vision so she is making her reality like those "perfect" sitcom families of the past. The "real" reality is trying to break through as the things that don't belong in the sitcoms she (or someone else) is creating. The battle between what is real and what isn't will be the interesting part. This will also lead directly into all the multiverse things that will happen in Dr. Strange and Spiderman. The next big villain and the introduction of characters like the X-Men will all probably come from all this messing with reality and alternate universes.

Yes I know what your saying... but two episodes is enough for me. It just didn’t clic/work for me.

Merlin1958
01-16-2021, 04:38 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

mae
01-16-2021, 04:42 PM
I absolutely loved it, had a huge grin all through both episodes. Obviously, this will get very wild very quickly, starting next week.

Yes I know what your saying... but two episodes is enough for me. It just didn’t clic/work for me.

Maybe this will help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ue4TRPpeY

Also, keep in mind this is the start on the new multiverse storyline, which directly leads into Doctor Strange 2 and Spider-Man 3. This is not fluff.

Merlin1958
01-16-2021, 04:57 PM
^ AWESOME POST, MAE!!!!! THANK YOU!!!

fernandito
01-17-2021, 10:32 AM
I really enjoyed both episodes. Could have used just a tad more doling out info about what's really going on, but they gave us just enough to keep the mystery intriguing. Also, I'd say Episode 1 is more like I Love Lucy. Episode 2 is Bewitched.

I wonder what the significance of the toy plane was... and did anyone notice it was Iron Man colors?

mae
01-23-2021, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiqkbb7EIJo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YBNVh9F9zg

Merlin1958
01-23-2021, 09:48 PM
Mae, you spoil us!! I have to admit I have actually come to depend on you for these video's!! lol I'm not too cool with all the internet stuff, I know the few things I know and I'm dangerous enough as it is so I could never "subscribe" to these things and sort it out. Thank you very much for all you do!!! You just mae (hehe) be my most favorite member of the staff!! 'Course, El Jefe has to be the numero uno (LOL), but you're definitely next!! Thanks again.

mae
01-24-2021, 06:15 AM
You’re very welcome, Bill! I know most people don’t read comics so hopefully this gives more context to the story and why things are.

Merlin1958
01-24-2021, 04:07 PM
Another solid episode!! They are really stepping it up. I think the next Episode will really move the storyline forward and give us some answers to what's happening though the above Vid's really lay a lot out for you to expect. I hope the plot doesn't present as too intricate for the average viewer. My imagination is piqued to see how they handle these "Young Avengers" and how they will be recieved by the public. Fiege has certainly had the "Midas Touch" with, Marvel so far so I'm optomistic it'll all play out brilliantly.

fernandito
01-25-2021, 08:39 AM
Episode 3 was great. They really turned up the WTF-ness factor and it's heartbreaking to see Wanda losing control of the situation.

webstar1000
01-25-2021, 09:33 AM
Episode 3 was great. They really turned up the WTF-ness factor and it's heartbreaking to see Wanda losing control of the situation.

I have to say.. this was much better for me... I enjoyed the ending a lot more and while the first two were lacking... this episode was not.

Merlin1958
01-28-2021, 04:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTRa0wGRz9s&feature=emb_rel_end

Merlin1958
01-28-2021, 04:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdhsHE_m-Mk

Merlin1958
01-28-2021, 04:51 PM
Some good stuff in those two video's folks!!!

Some thing to note is the differing speculation as to, Christian Bales role in the MCU. I think I like the idea of him as the Evil CEO more than the God Killer or whatever.

Shannon
01-28-2021, 11:17 PM
Just suffered through the first three episodes of WandaVision.

What a disappointment. I know it's going to ramp up (judging from the scenes in the trailer) but seriously, this is a waste of time. The ending of the third episode gives me hope for the rest of the show though.

And, of course, Elizabeth Olsen is always mesmerizing to watch.

Merlin1958
01-29-2021, 08:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO8UttkYqKo

Some major Marvel plans revealed!!

Hunchback Jack
01-29-2021, 01:23 PM
I don’t really follow marvel related news that closely. How did the rights for the X-Men transfer from Fox to Marvel? Was there an acquisition, or did the rights expire after some pre-defined period? Or can they both still make movies with those characters?

Incidentally, I think marvel are smart not to introduce wolverine in the first batch of X-Men in the MCU. Hugh Jackman was so iconic in that role, it would be a mistake to make a new wolverine the focus of the new batch of mutants. Better to ease him in as a supporting character down the road.

HBJ

Merlin1958
01-29-2021, 01:51 PM
I don’t really follow marvel related news that closely. How did the rights for the X-Men transfer from Fox to Marvel? Was there an acquisition, or did the rights expire after some pre-defined period? Or can they both still make movies with those characters?

Incidentally, I think marvel are smart not to introduce wolverine in the first batch of X-Men in the MCU. Hugh Jackman was so iconic in that role, it would be a mistake to make a new wolverine the focus of the new batch of mutants. Better to ease him in as a supporting character down the road.

HBJ

I think it was the rights that expired or were re-sold. Fox had already entered in an agreement to have Disney/Marvel do the films and Fox the distribution at one point.

Iwritecode
01-29-2021, 02:28 PM
It happened when Disney bought Fox.

mae
01-29-2021, 03:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ug-Tj6miJs

Hunchback Jack
01-29-2021, 03:10 PM
It happened when Disney bought Fox.

(Slaps forehead). Right. Makes sense. Thank you.

HBJ

Merlin1958
01-29-2021, 03:33 PM
I just LOVE these video's!! That woman is a real corker!!! lol

Shannon
01-29-2021, 10:07 PM
Episode four was MUCH better. 3/5

So far my ratings are one 3/5, one 2/5, and two 1/5s

Merlin1958
01-30-2021, 12:53 PM
This guy seems to have some interesting theories and insight from Episode IV...............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV_JYgWA8g0

Merlin1958
01-30-2021, 05:14 PM
Check out this Episode V Leaked footage breakdown. Apparently a 30 second spot has been posted on Youtube with some major Episode V spoilers and a HUGE new Character reveal. I've placed the entire video in spoiler tags so if you prefer to wait for the news and actual Ep. V release DO NOT CLICK on this spoiler or video......................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQtxT9cz5PU

Very cool stuff, no? The new character reveal is awesome and happens to be one of my favorites. I'm very happy to have this character included in the new Phase of the MCU. What do you folks think about the new twins that, Wanda brought into the world in Ep. IV? From what I hear they are destined to be major factors in this phase of the MCU. FWIW, I think they will mature at an amazing rate and will be full grfown by the end of this season of WandaVision, ready to take on all comers. What are your thoughts on the next big baddie? I have my theories and I tend to agree with the Internet Bloggers that it will be..............

Mephisto!!!!

fernandito
02-01-2021, 07:43 AM
Another great episode of WandaVision. From Twilight Zone style sitcom episodes, to straight up MCU stuff with techno-babble and super powered intrigue. This show can do it all.

One small complaint - I'm always disappointed that the ep's are so brief, especially when you see the credits are like freaking 7 minutes of the total run time :lol:

mae
02-01-2021, 09:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch0wMWnXjeA

Merlin1958
02-01-2021, 04:41 PM
Plot leak video for "Dr. Strange: Multi-verse of Madness"......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg0lSFx7Hzs

End Credit leak for "Black Widow".........

[CENTER]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEIJ1R7Dh38

Merlin1958
02-01-2021, 05:06 PM
Has anyone seen a revised release schedule for the upcoming MCU Phase 4 films?

Merlin1958
02-01-2021, 06:21 PM
Significant "Falcon/Winter Soldier" leak and info.................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX7nzqxWZdo

And yet some additional theories concerning the next "Big Baddie"...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VXPGAzx4j8

Merlin1958
02-02-2021, 07:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpFSLCh9SmY

fernandito
02-02-2021, 09:28 AM
Did y'all see the set photos for Thor L&T? It's just a glimpse of him and Quill standing around in costume.

Can't wait to see how Bale will look as Gorr!

Iwritecode
02-02-2021, 09:54 AM
End Credit leak for "Black Widow".........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEIJ1R7Dh38

You almost forget how long they've been working on the Black Widow movie until you see a video from a year ago where the dude says the movie is already finished.

mae
02-02-2021, 02:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JftIL5KWnb8

Merlin1958
02-02-2021, 02:26 PM
Spiderman, Morbius, Spiderverse, Venom & Carnage news and plot leaks...........................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL94_Xlgu34

Thor: Love & Thunder News.....................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxG0w0_gb3w&list=PLOIeYdZ3QczwWT3yd94Xc6n-ooI85uV_u

Merlin1958
02-02-2021, 03:14 PM
Here's all I could find regarding the Phase IV film/TV rollout. I believe it's fairly up to date, but feel free to correct me if need be...........................

WandaVision (January 15, 2021)
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (March 19, 2021)
The Black Widow movie (May 7, 2021)
Loki TV show (May 2021)
Shang-Chi: And the Legend of the Ten Rings (July 9, 2021)
What If...? (Summer 2021)
Hawkeye series (Late 2021)
Ms. Marvel (Late 2021)
Eternals (November 5, 2021)
Spider-Man 3 (December 17, 2021)
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (March 25, 2022)
Thor: Love and Thunder (May 6, 2022)

Some of the above films current trailers I could find.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSnc8Mt_EEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc4zBdA8s4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vese9a_nu5A

webstar1000
02-02-2021, 04:03 PM
New Wanda Vision was really good!!!! Wow... quickly getting better and better!

Merlin1958
02-02-2021, 04:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_GZPDvmtzU

fernandito
02-03-2021, 08:04 AM
I don't think that's confirmed yet^ Bill, but I think it's what most of the MCU fandom wants to see come to fruition.

fernandito
02-03-2021, 08:18 AM
Also, what do y'all think about the possibility of T'Challa being recast in the wake of Chadwick Boseman's passing? (RIP)

webstar1000
02-03-2021, 08:20 AM
Also, what do y'all think about the possibility of T'Challa being recast in the wake of Chadwick Boseman's passing? (RIP)

They already said he won't be.

fernandito
02-03-2021, 08:32 AM
You're right, I had completely forgotten about that. I guess we'll have to make do...

Merlin1958
02-03-2021, 03:06 PM
I haven't seen much about this film or this MCU group for that matter. What do you guys think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTRW-Xn1rJ0

You know, I'm wondering, it seems like with the ending of the previous MCU Phase and the introduction of the new Phase IV, they're really cranking it up with all these new groups, universes and charcters. I mean it's starting to get very complicated and I'm wondering if anyone out there might think they're just going a little too much over the top? Infinity War & Endgame were very complicated storylines, but they worked, maybe barely. Now, there will be "Multi-verses", Multiple versions of each hero and a host of new characters and groups. Seems like an awful lot for the general public to swallow and keep straight. So, I'm wondering if anybody else out there has some thoughts about all this new mythology and expansion may be a little too much too fast?

To be clear, I'm not talking about looking at this from the perspective of folks like us that are very much into it all, but the perspective of the average film goer and TV watcher. What do you think?

amd013
02-03-2021, 03:24 PM
I haven't seen much about this film or this MCU group for that matter. What do you guys think?

You know, I'm wondering, it seems like with the ending of the previous MCU Phase and the introduction of the new Phase IV, they're really cranking it up with all these new groups, universes and charcters. I mean it's starting to get very complicated and I'm wondering if anyone out there might think they're just going a little too much over the top? Infinity War & Endgame were very complicated storylines, but they worked, maybe barely. Now, there will be "Multi-verses", Multiple versions of each hero and a host of new characters and groups. Seems like an awful lot for the general public to swallow and keep straight. So, I'm wondering if anybody else out there has some thoughts about all this new mythology and expansion may be a little too much too fast?

To be clear, I'm not talking about looking at this from the perspective of folks like us that are very much into it all, but the perspective of the average film goer and TV watcher. What do you think?

I think it is growing too fast and too big. Its why I quit comic collecting, and I wonder if the general non-comic fan is going to care after awhile. (I mean I am an ex-comic fan, and am rapidly loosing interest).

Having said that, when I saw the first trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy, I thought Marvel had jumped the shark, but I was wrong.

I am hoping for a good version of the Fantastic Four though, don't even care if it is linked into the rest of the universe.

fernandito
02-03-2021, 03:37 PM

It's tough to say. Like amd mentioned in his post the MCU is growing at an exponential rate. Multiverses, cosmic entities, it might be a bit much for the mythical 'Average Movie Goer'.

Having said that, Marvel has cemented itself as a cinematic brand you can trust. People will continue to flock to MCU films as long as they maintain their quality, which against all odds has mostly improved after 20 films.

Merlin1958
02-03-2021, 04:09 PM

It's tough to say. Like amd mentioned in his post the MCU is growing at an exponential rate. Multiverses, cosmic entities, it might be a bit much for the mythical 'Average Movie Goer'.

Having said that, Marvel has cemented itself as a cinematic brand you can trust. People will continue to flock to MCU films as long as they maintain their quality, which against all odds has mostly improved after 20 films.

Good point.

AMD, I think the rumored casting of, John Krasinski as "Mr. Fantastic" is as inspired and on the nose as RDJ as "Iron Man".

I suppose its worth noting that the various TV series on Disney+ should go a long way to explaining and supporting the films. An advantage Phase 3 didn't have.

MikeDuke
02-04-2021, 07:54 AM
So, I just got access to Disney+. Are people saying shows like Wandavisom, Loki, that falcon show and any others will be essential and will
tie into the movies and should be watched for that reason? I hope they are good shows. I intend on starting Wandavision this week.

fernandito
02-04-2021, 07:57 AM
@Mike, the importance of Falcon & Winter Soldier to the overall structure remains to be seen, but WandaVision is absolutely must see MCU. It's essentially the catalyst for this new phase of Marvel.

MikeDuke
02-04-2021, 08:00 AM
@Mike, the importance of Falcon & Winter Soldier to the overall structure remains to be seen, but WandaVision is absolutely must see MCU. It's essentially the catalyst for this new phase of Marvel.
Thanks. I know I am a few episodes behind, but I will start this week.

amd013
02-04-2021, 10:32 AM
So, I just got access to Disney+. Are people saying shows like Wandavisom, Loki, that falcon show and any others will be essential and will
tie into the movies and should be watched for that reason? I hope they are good shows. I intend on starting Wandavision this week.

From the trailer it looks like Daredevil from Netflix is appearing in the spider-man movie. Although I am guessing you won't miss anything if you didn't watch the series.

Merlin1958
02-04-2021, 01:11 PM
Some new Ep. 5 & 6 material and speculation. I've placed it in spoiler tags to be safe for everyone here. So, watch 'em at your own risk!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf08uj42v-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W14KI9mBoaI

Have to say, I'm just digging the shit outta this stuff!!! Re-discovering my inner "Geek"!!! LOL

Hunchback Jack
02-04-2021, 04:06 PM

It's a great question.

I think it depends whether you have to see it all to understand every bit of it. Looking at just the list of shows and movies for 2021, there's a lot to keep track of - even if only a few series will run concurrently. If Marvel's goal is to throw a bunch of different shows out to attract many different, separate, audiences, then I think it will work. But if they expect everyone to watch everything to understand one overarching story, I think they are going to lose a lot of people.

HBJ

Merlin1958
02-04-2021, 04:35 PM

It's a great question.

I think it depends whether you have to see it all to understand every bit of it. Looking at just the list of shows and movies for 2021, there's a lot to keep track of - even if only a few series will run concurrently. If Marvel's goal is to throw a bunch of different shows out to attract many different, separate, audiences, then I think it will work. But if they expect everyone to watch everything to understand one overarching story, I think they are going to lose a lot of people.

HBJ

Well, HBJ I think that is just what they're shooting for in this phase. Another "Infinity Stones" kind of underlying story that culminates in an "Infinity War" kind of event down the road. Only now, of course, it will be augmented with the various TV shows. For an old "Comic Book Geek" like me it's like all my dreams as a kid coming to fruition. How it all goes with the general public is what remains to be seen, but they hit a home run with the "Infinity Saga" and I suppose they anticipate the same with "phase 4" and seem to be utilizing the same playbook. At least, that's the way I see it going from everything I have read so far on the subject. They also appear to be applying the MCU Playbook to the Star Wars Universe. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it. FWIW, they seem to have it all mapped out and they are certainly serving the fans all the way as I see it.

I just can't help wondering that they are doing just a little TOO much even for the hartd core fans. From what I have seen and heard they are coming out with a veritable shitload of new characters and groups (fantastic Four, The Eternals, Young Avengers, Revised Old Avengers, etc.) as well as even more intricate story lines like the multi-verse which, in and of itself is somewhat mind-blowing to consider and keep track of even for hardcore fans. But hey, they've been successful so far and the quality has set a standard so I suppose it's only right to expect that they will roll it all out successfully to the fans. We'll see, right? i think they also have the ability to "Course correct" should their plan stumble at any point.

BTW, if anybody has a beef with all the internet blog pieces I've been posting please, just say so outright. I'm a little into this stuff and so much of it is what I would have loved as a kid that I think I'm having a second childhood (Or, maybe I never grew up in the first place) in anycase I'm just loving it all so far. I've started to place all the clips in spoiler tags so they don't take up as much space and also allow for uninterested parties or those that prefer to wait to more easily avoid and skip over them. But if it's too much for everyone then let me know and I'll dial it back or make some appropriate changes to better serve the folks here. Don't want to over stay my welcome. LOL Hopefully, especially with the spoiler tags, everyone is okay with the thread and what I have been adding to it. Trying to be the "New and Improved, Merlin" and please as much folks as possible while realizing I'll never please EVERYONE. I'd be happy with a majority though. lol lol

Plus, Mae has been carrying the video posting burden all by herself fo awhile now and thought I'd pitch in a bit.

fernandito
02-05-2021, 07:08 AM
OMG EPISODE 5!!!!!! I finished it 10 minutes ago AND I STILL HAVE CHILLS

DAT QUICKSILVER
DAT XMEN CROSSOVER
DAT MULTIVERSE

webstar1000
02-05-2021, 07:12 AM

DAT QUICKSILVER
DAT XMEN CROSSOVER
DAT MULTIVERSE

oh goodie. I am REALLY becoming a big fan with every one that I see... sounds like this is a GOOD ONE:)

fernandito
02-05-2021, 07:14 AM
Watch the episode and then come back here so we can bask in nerdom dude lol. My mind is racing with the possibilities. Watch it!

mae
02-05-2021, 11:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ob1N31M3c

mae
02-05-2021, 11:23 AM

DAT QUICKSILVER
DAT XMEN CROSSOVER
DAT MULTIVERSE

I never doubted Marvel. And that was something I was honestly hoping for, given who Scarlet Witch really is and what the show is an adaptation of.

Merlin1958
02-05-2021, 11:41 AM
OMG!! What a great episode!!!! There is so much to digest, I'm going to have to watch this again. Great Video, Mae thanks for posting it.

Can't wait to find out what is behind the Fox Pietro character being introduced

Merlin1958
02-05-2021, 01:15 PM
This guy has some additional interesting insights worth viewing..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDAc3_3ZaU4

Stupid question: Wasn't the Mother in Law on "Bewitched" named "Agnes"?

Edit: Major consideration for the MCU films!!!

Wow, pretty interesting tid bit I picked up from another WV Breakdown, Did you know that, China is the 2nd largest movie watching market in the world? Furthermore, were you aware of the stringent restrictions on films shown in China? Apparently, anything dealing with the "Supernatural" is automatically "Banned". So, while everyone seems to be pretty sure that "Mephisto" is the 'Big Bad" in the MCU Phase 4, from a corporate standpoint that would be the last villain that, Disney would want for the current slate of MCU films/shows. Makes you re-think things don't it? The video also stated that, Disney has been having major issues trying to get "Mulan" released in, China so there actually is a precedent for this consideration. Food for thought anyway as we try to discern the next "Big Baddie" in the MCU. It may also be something to keep in mind for ALL Disney (and other studio's I suppose) films going forward.

fernandito
02-05-2021, 01:55 PM
..that was something I was honestly hoping for, given who Scarlet Witch really is and what the show is an adaptation of.

Its certainly inspired by /that/ story, but it's different in a key way

House of M banished mutants and mutant powers, here in WV she seems to be doing the exact opposite, bringing people back to life by extracting their multiverse counterparts

mae
02-05-2021, 02:25 PM
Yeah the MCU always takes the original comic storyline and makes it their own.

Merlin1958
02-05-2021, 02:47 PM
..that was something I was honestly hoping for, given who Scarlet Witch really is and what the show is an adaptation of.

Its certainly inspired by /that/ story, but it's different in a key way

House of M banished mutants and mutant powers, here in WV she seems to be doing the exact opposite, bringing people back to life by extracting their multiverse counterparts

That could very well be the case, but you may want to also consider that...................

In an earlier episode there was a very short sequence showing, Wanda using her powers to presumably mess with the "Mind Stone". There was a shot in which there was a distinct yellow haze surrounding her while she performed some task or another, Could she have been tinkering with re-creating the "Mind Stone" for, Vision's re-birth? Also, you may want to consider that technically, Vision doesn't need to be brought back to life. He's actually just a super advanced "Robot" of sorts. So, it would seem to me that it would be more of a case of "putting him back together" than bringing back from the dead. Right? I mean the proper parts and a shot of energy and Voila!!! New & Improved Vision!!! All of which is not to say that the "Multi-verse" isn't involed and being introduced, just maybe not in his case. The fact that the Fox Quicksilver instead of the MCU Quicksilver showed up is certainly solid evidence that the Multi-verse is in play.

Merlin1958
02-05-2021, 02:50 PM
Based on the "China Syndrome" (see what I did there? lol) I have my doubts that, Wanda is ever actually tagged as the "Scarlet Witch". At least not in any version they want to release in, China that is.

Merlin1958
02-05-2021, 03:42 PM
And yet another WV/film theory with some interesting points worth a watch (If you dare!!) lol lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xMvWHd5pKE

Hunchback Jack
02-05-2021, 05:16 PM
Yes and no. The mother-in-law's name was Endora; the actress who played her was Agnes Moorhead.

HBJ

Merlin1958
02-05-2021, 06:46 PM
Yes and no. The mother-in-law's name was Endora; the actress who played her was Agnes Moorhead.

HBJ

Ahhh, That's what it was.

fernandito
02-06-2021, 07:43 AM
Also, I hope everyone is ready for the possibility that...

McAvoy and Fassbender reprise their roles as Xavier and Magneto :lovely:

mae
02-06-2021, 04:28 PM
On a completely unrelated note, this made me wish even more that Elizabeth Olsen showed up as Michelle on the last season of Fuller House.

Merlin1958
02-06-2021, 06:19 PM
This video explains some wild stuff about the whole "Multi-verse" thing.......................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytBA4N9Ltk

Of corse, a lot is still just "Theory", but............................

Hunchback Jack
02-07-2021, 02:56 PM

HBJ

I’m not following the show, but if there’s a mother/mother-in-law character called Agnes, it’s almost certainly an homage. Well spotted.

mae
02-07-2021, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWBsDaFWyTE

Merlin1958
02-07-2021, 07:08 PM

HBJ

I’m not following the show, but if there’s a mother/mother-in-law character called Agnes, it’s almost certainly an homage. Well spotted.

Thanks. I believe she's really, Agatha Harkness from the comics. That's also kind of a big hint that, mephisto is the Big Bad. We'll see though.

Merlin1958
02-07-2021, 07:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWBsDaFWyTE

Cool. So this will more or less start up right after wv concludes it's season. Taking us right into "Black Widow".

Merlin1958
02-10-2021, 03:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdPLU0CxaSE

Merlin1958
02-10-2021, 04:37 PM
Thanos, sighting.................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1SRUy5N1cM

Big Bad Spoiler:

BTW, FWIW several "Insider Sites" claim that while we will be treated to other villains (Dr. Doom, Mephisto & possibly, Galactus) the next "Thanos" level Big Bad will be "Kang, The Conquerer"!!!!

Also, with the season finale now hurtling towards us, I'm going to go on record and name my candidate for the "Internet Breaking Finale Cameo" in the "WandaVision" series:

Benedict Cumberbatch!!!! Makes a whole lot of sense, don't it? LOL

I'd love to hear who you folks think the actor may be. Perhaps, we could even get some sort of a pool going? I leave that to, The Staff and TPTB to sanction and inact.

Merlin1958
02-11-2021, 02:48 PM
This guy may have just figured it all out in "WandaVision".....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG6vqeRbP6o

mae
02-11-2021, 02:58 PM
Also, with the season finale now hurtling towards us, I'm going to go on record and name my candidate for the "Internet Breaking Finale Cameo" in the "WandaVision" series:

I'd love to hear who you folks think the actor may be. Perhaps, we could even get some sort of a pool going? I leave that to, The Staff and TPTB to sanction and inact.

I don't know about that but it could be, makes sense. WandaVision is supposed to "directly lead" (according to Feige) into Doctor Strange 2, which, I believe it's been stated, leads into Spider-Man 3. So I imagine major characters from either or both of these films could appear. I even saw speculation that Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) could make her debut, ahead of her own show, since WandaVision takes place in New Jersey (yay!) and Kamala is from New Jersey, too.

Merlin1958
02-11-2021, 03:36 PM

I don't know about that but it could be, makes sense. WandaVision is supposed to "directly lead" (according to Feige) into Doctor Strange 2, which, I believe it's been stated, leads into Spider-Man 3. So I imagine major characters from either or both of these films could appear. I even saw speculation that Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) could make her debut, ahead of her own show, since WandaVision takes place in New Jersey (yay!) and Kamala is from New Jersey, too.

Yeah, especially if you believe that the introduction of, Pietro is the first foray into the Multi-verse which I agree with, so far!! lol

fernandito
02-11-2021, 04:52 PM
Spider-Man 3: Tom Holland Denies that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Appear (https://www.ign.com/articles/spider-man-3-tom-holland-denies-tobey-maguire-andrew-garfield-return-rumours)

"They will not be appearing in this film."

Tom Holland has denied that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield will be returning for Spider-Man 3.
During an interview with Esquire, Holland, who has played Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe since 2016's Captain America: Civil War, strongly dismissed rumors that both Maguire and Garfield would be reprising their respective Spidey roles for the untitled Spider-Man: Far From Home sequel, which officially entered production towards the end of last year.

"No, no, they will not be appearing in this film," he firmly told the publication when asked about the possibility of the two actors returning. "Unless they have hidden the most massive piece of information from me, which I think is too big of a secret for them to keep from me. But as of yet, no. It'll be a continuation of the Spider-Man movies that we've been making."

Yeahhhhh I'm calling BS on this one. With everything swirling around that production and the casting news and all that, I'd be highly surprised if they didn't reprise their roles.

Merlin1958
02-11-2021, 05:21 PM
Spider-Man 3: Tom Holland Denies that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Appear (https://www.ign.com/articles/spider-man-3-tom-holland-denies-tobey-maguire-andrew-garfield-return-rumours)

"They will not be appearing in this film."

Tom Holland has denied that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield will be returning for Spider-Man 3.
During an interview with Esquire, Holland, who has played Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe since 2016's Captain America: Civil War, strongly dismissed rumors that both Maguire and Garfield would be reprising their respective Spidey roles for the untitled Spider-Man: Far From Home sequel, which officially entered production towards the end of last year.

"No, no, they will not be appearing in this film," he firmly told the publication when asked about the possibility of the two actors returning. "Unless they have hidden the most massive piece of information from me, which I think is too big of a secret for them to keep from me. But as of yet, no. It'll be a continuation of the Spider-Man movies that we've been making."

Yeahhhhh I'm calling BS on this one. With everything swirling around that production and the casting news and all that, I'd be highly surprised if they didn't reprise their roles.

Agreed. And again, welcome to the Multi-verse which will allow them to screw around with all these character versions. They've now got free rein to introduce them as 'Alt-Universe" versions of the characters

mae
02-12-2021, 09:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsH2buaB-cc

fernandito
02-12-2021, 09:34 AM
Anyone else catch the episode yet?

mae
02-12-2021, 10:00 AM
Yup, just watched it.

Merlin1958
02-12-2021, 06:26 PM
Another great episode!!! I think from this point forward we should be getting answers and a cliffhangar or two. Currently big theory, which I agree with, is that, Wanda will increase the "Hex" boundaries to encompass the entire Earth thereby, activating the "X" gene in all mutants and introducing them to the MCU

Anyone have any thoughts about that "Yo-Magic" commercial? Seemed like it may be a hint about the Big Bad to me.

RUBE
02-13-2021, 10:18 PM
I am loving this show! It is so weird and quirky and allows me to have some really dorky "this is how it ties into the comics" moments explaining it to my family. Falcon and the Winter Solder is going to seem so ordinary compared to this.

I have said for awhile that Wanda is going to pull a reverse House of M and bring mutants into the MCU. It could be because she expands the Hex to cover the world or it could be that it falls apart and she just alters all of reality like she did in that story.

I think she might have made a little deal with the "devil" to get this major power upgrade. The Yo-Magic commercial might just be about that (deals with the devil normally end poorly) or it could just mean that she tried to use her (Yo-)magic to fix things but it can't save those that were destined to die.

Merlin1958
02-14-2021, 02:26 PM
^ Sounds like we're more or less on the same page.

Merlin1958
02-14-2021, 05:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7IehfuvM4

As some of you may have gathered, I'm trying to get into this whole "MCU" thing in a big way. lol My grandson is now a big fan, my son was a bit of a "MCU Geek" back in the day and I was a comic book fan as a kid and revisited it when my son became interested. Anyway, I'm looking into all this stuff and one thing keeps popping up in my mind. Who the fuck keeps track of all these characters and plots? lol I mean, Disney must have an entire department dedicated solely to keeping track of things for the writers much as I suppose, Robin Furth did for, Steve.

FWIW, based on the above video and other research it seems to me that its a good bet that the "Thanos" of this phase will be "Galactus". That should bring the "Silver Surfer" into things as well and for my money, casting wise, Keanu Reeves should be the Surfer. The video states that, Christian Bale is almost a done deal except for a character and to me he would fit as "Adam Warlock", who we saw teased at the end of GOTG II. However, in looking up the background of that character I am puzzeled as to where, Fiege is going with these plots. Obviously, the MCU is creating their own canon using bits and pieces of storylines first appearing in the comics, but man, what a monumental task trying to keep it all straight and making sense!! I'd sure like to meet some of the folks responsible for this canon and see how they do it. Must be freaking amazing!!

Oh, and speaking of, Adam Warlock along with the mention of "Beta Ray Bill", what the HELL???? These former plots involving the infinity stones and watch along with Thor and the GOTG, man this stuff is crazy and all intertwined and again, how the fuck do they see their way through to a cohesive plot? lol lol Throw in "Wandavision", Mephisto and Dr. Doom and I'm bouncing off the walls trying to get any kind of a handle as to where they are going with this stuff!!! LOL I suppose it may be best to just sit back and watch, but my grandson seems to expect me to be some kind of authority because "You're old, Grandpa"!!! LOL LOL He thinks I was there in the beginning or something!!! LOL LOL I'm just trying to keep up and talk intelligently to the boy when he inevitably brings this stuff up. IDK just had to get all that off my cest I suppose. lol lol

fernandito
02-15-2021, 08:09 AM
I think at this point its a foregone conclusion that WV is going the reverse-House of M on us. Guess the biggest mystery now is if Mephisto (or some other baddie) is involved, and to what other ends Wanda's powers will affect the MCU going forward.

Merlin1958
02-15-2021, 06:02 PM
Huge Ep. 7 Spoilers/plot points.....................................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUmPsyB_7Qg

Merlin1958
02-16-2021, 05:13 PM
Okay, so I have a question. Does anyone have any info, seen a blog or have a viable theory as to how, if any of the Fox, X-Men movies are going to become canon or pertinent to the ongoing MCU?

Of course I realize that they have already introduced the Fox Quicksilver in the WV series and there have been tons of rumors that there will be multiple Spidermen in the next feature, but how much (or what films) plot lines and/or story will be pertinent to the ongoing MCU storyline? Will they simply import the characters or will their origin story's and various adventures become intertwined with the next phase plot?

Just kinda curious as for the most part I didn't really care for a lot of the Fox, X-Men films or the previous Non-Marvel Spiderman films. In fact, to me Fox kinda lost the thread with regard to the X-Men as a lot of that got very convoluted and mixed up in my mind. So, I'm wondering if I'm going to have to go back and re-watch (and pay closer attention to the plots) the Fox, X-Men films.

What do yu think? What have you heard? Is it a foregone conclusion that we need to go back and brush up on the Fox canon?

RUBE
02-16-2021, 10:50 PM
They are pretty much rebooting the X-Men characters with a few exceptions that they will explain with the "multiverse." Deadpool will be the main one this refers to. Anything else will be a cameo. That way they can tell the stories as they like.

That means that you don't need to rewatch the Fox X-Men movies to understand the MCU X-Men. However, there were still some really good X-Men movies that I can watch anytime. They include: X2, First Class, Days of Future Past*, Logan, and both Deadpools. Even the ones like Apocalypse and The Wolverine have their moments. You just have to look past the completely muddled timelines and enjoy them for what they are. So giving them a rewatch should be fun (as long as you skip X-Men Origins: Wolverine; that one is the worse no matter what The Dark Phoenix and New Mutant haters say.)

*I think DOFP may be my favourite for a number of reasons, from Quicksilver's awesome scene to the team actually working together in the future scenes and displaying powers closer to the comic version. Also, it must be the Rogue cut because that explains how the Sentinels can mimic the mutants' powers and not just shape-shift.

mae
02-18-2021, 01:25 PM
https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/danny-elfman-doctor-strange-2-multiverse-of-madness-score-music

The multiverse is full of madness, and it will be scored by Danny Elfman.

In a wide-ranging interview with Inverse about his newest single "Love in the Time of Covid," a dark rock song about love, lust, and lack thereof in a year of lockdowns, Elfman confirmed he is scoring the 2022 movie Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness with director Sam Raimi.

"I am starting to do bits of pre-work for Doctor Strange 2 that Sam Raimi's directing," Elfman tells Inverse. "Even though I don't start it for some months, there's bits of recorded music they need for the sets."

Naturally, Elfman couldn't reveal too much about the new Marvel Studios movie slated for release on March 25, 2022. But the film will mark a reunion between Elfman and Raimi, who first worked together on the 1990 superhero noir Darkman followed by Spider-Man in 2002 and Spider-Man 2 in 2004. Disagreements between Elfman and Raimi led to the musician exiting the franchise for 2007's Spider-Man 3. In the years since, the two mended fences and collaborated once more for the 2011 Disney fantasy film Oz the Great and Powerful.

Elfman also scored the movies Batman (1989), The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993), Mission: Impossible (1995), Men in Black (1997), and Dumbo (2019), and Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015). He is known for his frequent collaborations with directors like Raimi, Tim Burton, and Gus Van Sant. Prior to his acclaimed film work, Elfman was the singer-songwriter of the new wave band Oingo Boingo.

What's extra interesting about Elfman's involvement in Doctor Strange is the concept of the multiverse. While exact details are unknown, it is widely speculated the "multiverse" will create a convergence of past Marvel film franchises — specifically the different versions of Spider-Man.

It has thus far only been rumored (and not confirmed) that Tobey Maguire — whose first two Spidey films Elfman scored — will reprise his Spider-Man in Marvel and Sony's third, untitled Spider-Man scheduled for December 17, 2021. (Actors Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx, both of whom played villains in past Spider-Man films, are reported to return in their roles as well.)

Elfman's involvement in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness suggests that Raimi is bringing as many touches of his Spider-Man films to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as he can. And while it doesn't confirm cameos, fans can be assured that the unmistakable spirit of Raimi's movies will live on in the MCU.

Meanwhile, our full interview with Danny Elfman is not one to miss and is coming soon. In the interview, Elfman speaks openly and honestly about living through a difficult pandemic year. His newest single "Love in the Time of Covid," which explores the aggravating yearning for physical intimacy in a time of social distancing, is available now with a music video from German director Sven Gutjahr and trans performer Shrek 666.

Merlin1958
02-18-2021, 06:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sph8nwViCcM

Merlin1958
02-18-2021, 06:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1axFQif0TDE

Merlin1958
02-18-2021, 07:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpFSLCh9SmY

Shannon
02-18-2021, 09:19 PM
I'm reading through the Ultimate Marvel universe comics right now and (it's been out for a decade or two so it's not really a spoiler at this point) after the original set of Ultimate Fantastic Four comics, they turn Reed Richards into a villain. It's brilliant. He's almost a Thanos-type where he's doing villainous things and murdering millions of people for the betterment of humanity and the universe. That being said, I'd love to see John Krasinski as a villain, lol.

Curly
02-19-2021, 07:28 AM
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/1038/medium/Agatha.jpg

Merlin1958
02-19-2021, 07:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu3oocRGYP4

mae
02-19-2021, 11:49 AM
For anyone unaware, there's a tiny post-credits scene (or is it mid-credits)? These credits are so long...

Merlin1958
02-19-2021, 01:09 PM
Yeah, its discussed in the breakdown above.

mae
02-19-2021, 01:18 PM
Yeah, its discussed in the breakdown above.

Of course, but no one should watch it before watching the episode.

fernandito
02-19-2021, 01:28 PM
A little conflicted about this latest episode...

Of course it was going to surface sooner or later that someone(s) was manipulating Wanda, but I don't like the idea of them completely absolving her of all blame. What she did was still morally deplorable, and everything has indicated that Wanda wanted this.

So if it turns out that a few things here and there were not Wanda's doing, fine. But her coming to terms and facing consequences sounds infinitely more interesting than "I was under Agatha's spell the entire time."

Merlin1958
02-19-2021, 02:32 PM
A little conflicted about this latest episode...

Of course it was going to surface sooner or later that someone(s) was manipulating Wanda, but I don't like the idea of them completely absolving her of all blame. What she did was still morally deplorable, and everything has indicated that Wanda wanted this.

So if it turns out that a few things here and there were not Wanda's doing, fine. But her coming to terms and facing consequences sounds infinitely more interesting than "I was under Agatha's spell the entire time."

To be fair...................................

I think its still a little too early to pass judgement like this on her as yet. She has acknowledged her behavior several times throughout the episodes so its quite possible she is not entirely to blame for the present situation. At least she appears aware of her bad judgement so far. To me, she is far from blameless so far and seems to realize it. The show certainly attempted to lay some of the blame at, Agatha's feet with that segment stating it was all her all along. To my mind there is still a villain to be revealed. From what I can gather that villain may be partially responsible for, Agatha's behavior as well as having somedegree of control or influence over, Wanda. I think this is a scenario wherein the bad guys needed to use, Wanda's powers to facillitate whatever master plan they have in mind and therefore needed to control her while they siphoned off what they needed. Just some speculation and observations on my part I'm sure we will know a LOT more from the last 2 episodes (which are supposed to be an hour or more long).

Merlin1958
02-20-2021, 06:11 PM
Mae, you're out of order, this thread is out of order, this whole damn forum is out of order!!!!

Could the secret Big Bad Guy in "Wandavision" be???????????????????????????????????????

AL PACINO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YXrh4fjMDg

While it would probably be very cool to see, him as "Mephisto" I'm personally not so sure and take this video with a grain of salt. Probably the most likely suspect is, Benedict Cumberbatch/Dr. Strange, which would be an obvious lead in to "The Multi-verse of Madness", but that doesn't exactly fit all the hype and Paul Bettany's claims of working with an actor he never has before, etc. I suppose I'm leaning more towards the appearance of, "Magneto" which would segue to the X-Men and mutants as a whole. Of course, it's all just speculation, who knows? The proposed icon would sure as hell be a "WTF Moment" on the level of Skywalker appearing in "The Mandalorian" for sure though. Anybody out there have any thoughts or theories???

Merlin1958
02-21-2021, 08:19 PM
Just heard a rumor that if "Nightmare" turns out to be the next bad guy, he could be played by, Mark Hamill who voiced him in a prior Marvel animated feature. Could he be the actor, Paul Bettany has always wanted to work with? Also, there's a theory that the big baddie could well be, Mephisto but that they will mash him up/call him "Nightmare" to square them away with any release in, China. Apparently, much as they mashed up two characters to create "Whiplash" in , Iron Man II.

Any thoughts regarding this rumor? Seems to make a certain amount of sense to me. They already had, Hamill in house for "The Mandalorian" finale and who knows maybe one appearance was contingent upon the other? It doesn't sound crazy anyway. I'd love to hear your thoughts out there.

Merlin1958
02-23-2021, 02:39 PM
Holy Huge Spoilers, Batman!!!!

If this video is correct it has HUGE plot and character spoilers for episode 8 & 9!!! Watch at your won risk!!! Holy character cameo's!!! lol lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtzwQbTKAc8

Merlin1958
02-23-2021, 02:47 PM
Info regarding the "China Issue" worth viewing if you're interested in the issue and it's influence on programming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQzNY7O_PoM

Iwritecode
02-24-2021, 10:19 AM
Official title for Spider-man 3 released:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1364634467311230985?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1364634467311230985%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.soxtalk.com%2Fforums%2Fin dex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dem bedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fign%2Fstatus% 2F1364634467311230985%3Fs%3D21