PDA

View Full Version : Stephen King Signing & Event-Manatee Florida 1/29/2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

goheat
03-12-2015, 06:28 AM
Good luck Jim! I went to the Mets/Red Sox game last Sunday, but it was in Port St. Lucie, so no King!

bdwyer19
03-12-2015, 06:52 AM
No King sighting at the Brewers/Giants game... in Arizona, but I did get a signed ball from Harlem Globetrotter Meadowlark Lemon.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m150/bdwyer19/490ED405-91F0-4307-A2AA-BA18FD79F974_zpstngxzhrv.jpg (http://s103.photobucket.com/user/bdwyer19/media/490ED405-91F0-4307-A2AA-BA18FD79F974_zpstngxzhrv.jpg.html)

goheat
03-12-2015, 07:54 AM
Nice, Brian!

Ari_Racing
03-12-2015, 07:59 AM
Good luck, Jim!!

carlosdetweiller
03-12-2015, 08:31 AM
Fantastic! I loved Meadowlark!

zelig
03-12-2015, 09:03 AM
Good luck Jim!

EXPLORER
03-12-2015, 05:40 PM
Heading up to Bradenton today to catch Pirates vs Red Sox spring training game..... I recall the Library Foundation giving Mr King tickets for a Pirates vs Red Sox game..
I'll bring this along... perhaps opportunity will arise to have it (or something) signed by Stephen....... Wish me luck.

Spring Training ticket ( seat under cover on 84 degree sunny day) ............................................ $32
Parking in shade on private property walking distance to stadium........................................... ..... $7
Two hour drive each way & 4+ hours scanning stadium for S. King .........................................PRIZELESS

EXPLORER
03-12-2015, 06:01 PM
Have to say it was a nice day for a drive and watching a ballgame however it sucks that he was no where to be found.
Ushers I spoke with had not seen him or heard anything about him being there.
I walked the whole stadium searching, used binoculars and scanned the seats thoroughly and eventually staked out the elevator for anyone leaving commentators booth.

However if you don't pursue opportunities that could exist when you can, there are less chances of having any positive outcome.
I even tried stop at Casey Key Fish House (where Jerome ran into King) on the way home but being tourist season here there was 2-3 dozen people waiting and a over an hour backlog to get seated.

I did stop on my way home at a bookstore where I have run into Mr King on occasion. I found 3 copies of Revival on a table with two of them signed.
Not that I need more signed copies of Revival however could not leave the consolation prize sitting there.

bdwyer19
03-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Sorry you didn't see him Jim, but I'm impressed that you remembered the game that King was given tickets for. All things considered, two signed Revivals is still worthwhile.

webstar1000
03-13-2015, 05:43 AM
Have to say it was a nice day for a drive and watching a ballgame however it sucks that he was no where to be found.
I walked the whole stadium searching, used binoculars and scanned the seats thoroughly and eventually staked out the elevator for anyone leaving commentators booth.

However if you don't pursue opportunities that could exist when you can, there are less chances of having any positive outcome.
I even tried stop at Casey Key Fish House (where Jerome ran into King) on the way home but being tourist season here there was 2-3 dozen people waiting and a over an hour backlog to get seated.

I did stop on my way home at a bookstore where I have run into Mr King on occasion. I found 3 copies of Revival on a table with two of them signed.
Not that I need more signed copies of Revival however could not leave the consolation prize sitting there.

That is super cool that you found signed books at a book store!!!

dnemec
03-13-2015, 06:17 AM

I'd settle for the 2 signed books! If you don't try, you won't find him. I wouldn't consider this a waste, even without the books. We collectors must be vigilant--and a little nuts!

divemaster
03-13-2015, 07:25 AM

Yeah, yeah, but who won the game??

(Sorry, the baseball fan in me couldn't help it!)

EXPLORER
03-13-2015, 09:38 AM

Yeah, yeah, but who won the game??

(Sorry, the baseball fan in me couldn't help it!)

RED SOX won 5-1 scoring two home runs in fourth inning.

burial
03-24-2015, 01:00 AM
does anyone has a spare ticket or event flyer?
please let me know...

Merlin1958
03-24-2015, 07:37 PM
By way of a post script to the semi-recent debacle that occurred in this thread, some like minded members and myself were able to surprise some folks with a signed book out of the clear blue. The gifts were discreet and while they may have lowered the "Buyer pool", I don't think they affected the market value. Point is, there is still some very generous members who participate here. I surely do not begrudge a man from making a buck, more power to you. It's just nice to be nice sometimes and this community always seems to come through in that department.

You can all feel free to "Pat" yourselves on the back for being an integral part of this community. I hold no grudges over this incident nor, I hope does anyone else. It was, what it was. I shoulder my share of the blame. Just glad we could "Shine a light" on a few deserving folk.

bdwyer19
06-05-2015, 10:47 AM
Perhaps this is good time to post a pic where Roseannebarr did not appear....
Glen passed on the luncheon gathering at Pier 22....

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/SKeventposter_zpsfca70a91.jpg

REPRESENTED on the Event poster are 17 members . We also had about a dozen guests

Does anyone among our group want a copy of this? I can have it scanned and some full size pints made.

Jim - Did you ever end up making copies of the poster?

needfulthings
04-15-2016, 10:03 PM
Fantastic, Jerome! Did he give you any grief about signing Rage, or is it just an urban legend that he doesn't like to sign it?
The truth is that my wife and I went to Casey Key just to check out the general area where King lives (we did not go to his house), and to have lunch at the Casey Key Fish House in 71 degree tropical weather.
We went in the restaurant and once seated, I realized King was 4 tables away. We ordered lunch and waited for King to finish his meal and leave. I didn't have the guts (and thought it would be a better strategy for a female to approach King), and thus prevailed upon my wife Dolores. We waited until King was out of the restaurant, and she asked him to sign. King said "sure, hold this" and handed my wife his iPad while he signed the books. He didn't hesitate to sign Rage.

:evil: LOOKS like the wife got the signature to me.

Randall Flagg
04-16-2016, 10:33 AM
Thanks for bumping the thread. Manatee sure was a great time. Quite a few members did well getting signed books.
I got a lot of signed books (through various people etc.).

Randall Flagg
04-16-2016, 10:35 AM
http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/mySuperLamePic_dfa0ea07fe07d7f49872f34ede8ff993_zp sx7e92wmr.jpg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/mySuperLamePic_dfa0ea07fe07d7f49872f34ede8ff993_zp sx7e92wmr.jpg.html)
Yep. Guilty as charged.

Actually it's just an urban legend. I had no advance meeting in private with Mr. King.

Randall Flagg
07-29-2016, 02:15 PM

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p585/jascarpic/SKeventposter_zpsfca70a91.jpg

REPRESENTED on the Event poster are 17 members . We also had about a dozen guests

Does anyone among our group want a copy of this? I can have it scanned and some full size pints made.

Did you receive one?

Br!an
07-29-2016, 02:26 PM
That was a good time!

Don Maitz rocked the house with his The Shining paintings.

Ari took home most of the prizes, as usual.

I met a bunch of great people. Meeting TDT.org members online is fun, but meeting them in person is amazing.

bdwyer19
07-29-2016, 03:52 PM

Did you receive one?

No, I never did. Can you make a copy? I'd love to put it in my library.

zelig
07-29-2016, 06:27 PM
I also never got one. Would be nice to get a copy if possible. It was a great time.

EXPLORER
07-29-2016, 07:06 PM

Did you receive one?

I also never got one. Would be nice to get a copy if possible. It was a great time.

If anyone missed getting one; please send me an email with address. I brought copies to a few events/meetups after that one and passed them out. Mailed a few to addresses supplied . Let me know.I can print some more if the need be.

Randall Flagg
07-29-2016, 07:10 PM
Thanks to Jim (EXPLORER) for a prompt response.

EXPLORER
07-29-2016, 07:29 PM

Did you receive one?

If anyone missed getting one; please send me an email with address. I brought copies to a few events/meetups after that one and passed them out. Mailed a few to addresses supplied . Let me know.I can print some more if the need be.

PROBABLY BEST TO EMAIL ME AS I DO NOT GET IN HERE AS OFTEN AS SHOULD AND THIS MAILBOX COULD GET FULL WITHOUT NOTICING.
Paul and Nick, I got your PMs and will get on it.

zelig
07-29-2016, 07:51 PM
Thanks Jim!

Patrick
08-04-2016, 09:59 PM
That's a great poster!

Ari_Racing
10-07-2019, 04:39 AM
In two days I'll be flying again to a SK event (my third one) and I remembered about this one, where the greatest thing was meeting you, guys. I've browsing the pics I got and I couldn't find one of the drawing moment, when I was just two mts away from King. Did anyone took pics of that moment that you haven't shared so far? It'd be great if I could, at last, have one pic with King and myself in the same pic. :P

tippy4
10-07-2019, 07:04 AM
In two days I'll be flying again to a SK event (my third one) and I remembered about this one, where the greatest thing was meeting you, guys. I've browsing the pics I got and I couldn't find one of the drawing moment, when I was just two mts away from King. Did anyone took pics of that moment that you haven't shared so far? It'd be great if I could, at last, have one pic with King and myself in the same pic. :P

Good times Ari.....good times indeed.

I remember feeling bad for you when they announced that King would NOT be doing a live signing after the event as promised......instead King had pre-signed the Revivals before the event.

You had travelled all that way with the assumption that King would sign your book in front of you.

All in all....between the Maitz event, the King event, and everything in between it was all good.

Ari_Racing
10-07-2019, 07:24 AM
It was a great event and I really enjoyed A LOT meeting all of you. The memories are good!

Hope to see many of you on Thursday as well! :)

webstar1000
10-07-2019, 07:53 AM

Good times Ari.....good times indeed.

I remember feeling bad for you when they announced that King would NOT be doing a live signing after the event as promised......instead King had pre-signed the Revivals before the event.

You had travelled all that way with the assumption that King would sign your book in front of you.

All in all....between the Maitz event, the King event, and everything in between it was all good.

Yeah I was so upset (coming from Canada) that my very first time was not to happen... meaning King sign a book for me. BUT it was a very cool event and to meet all you guys was very cool:)