PDA

View Full Version : From Dusk Till Dawn

Mattrick
04-13-2014, 08:34 AM
Has anyone else watched this? It's pretty decent after five episodes with the pilot being the worst episode, mostly because I was thinking too much about the movie and far too much about the awesomeness of John Hawkes and all his great lines (I NEVER SAID HELP US!!!), but once the series got past that and it started opening up I found myself pretty excepting of it. Hell, I could barely even recognise Wilmer Valderama and considering his character that's a little a praise right there lol. Seth is so close to the same it's eerie because there are times I'm surprised it isn't Clooney and while some people have criticised that I think if there was any character that needed to be the same it was Seth. As for Richie, it's good that I'm not getting a Tarantino vibe from him because he's a terrible actor and instead I'm getting a Cillian Murphy vibe which is much, much better.

Some of the changes made doesn't really change the story but instead they nestle right into the spaces in the film and don't really even feel like changes, just things the movie didn't bother to go into detail on and that's been my favourite part of the show, seeing what lead to Richie killing the teller they took hostage and how you could almost believe that was why he did it in the film, even though the mythologies don't quite match up.

At the end of the last episode they just got to the Titty Twister and I imagine, at the pace it's moving, it could be a few episodes until it starts getting crazy but I'm very curious to see how all the vampire stuff will play out and if the same characters will die at similar points in the timeline.

fearless-freak
04-13-2014, 08:38 AM
isn't the only returning FDTD alumni Robert Patrick?

Mattrick
04-13-2014, 08:47 AM
That would be true if he were in From Dusk Till Dawn.

Not sure if anyone else noticed this or not but Scott was:
http://076dd0a50e0c1255009e-bd4b8aabaca29897bc751dfaf75b290c.r40.cf1.rackcdn.c om/images/files/000/628/792/original/original.jpg
"WE LOVE THE TALE OF SIMPUHL JAHCK!"