PDA

View Full Version : Gunslinger Born

Malficeus
01-14-2008, 05:09 PM
I got done reading Gunslinger Born and noticed that the story was only from Wizard and Glass but last time i checked there we're other stories Roland told like his spying at ( i cry all pardons) the feast or stuff with cort that coulld have been added why didnt they make other comic books?

Matt
01-14-2008, 05:11 PM
My first piece of advice would be not skip anything. :lol:

Roland and Susan's story in Wizard and Glass is a very rich and engaging journey. If you have read the comic series you know there is an iceberg there but have only seen the tip. Relish every page.

OchrisO
01-14-2008, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't skip it. There's a lot more to the story in the book. The comics just sort of hit the key points.

Erin
01-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Don't skip it! Wizard and Glass is my favorite book of the series and like Matt and Chris said, there is so much more amazing detail and plot than what is touched upon in the comics.

Stick with it and you will be rewarded!

Brainslinger
03-25-2008, 06:04 PM
Agreed. I think they both compliment each other though. WAG obviously covers more things directly pertaining to Roland, but (not to spoil much) in the comics you do see some other 'off-stage' stuff too involving other characters too.

Storyslinger
03-26-2008, 06:09 AM
Agreed also. Skipping would be the worst thing you could do.

MonteGss
03-26-2008, 07:52 AM
Skipping a book in The Dark Tower series is not a good idea at all.
Though W & G is not my favorite book, it is a must read. The first run of the comics is just icing on the cake, not the story. :)