PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had an extreme connection to the storyline?

KatetOfNineteen
02-12-2014, 11:49 AM
I ask this because The Waste Lands really hit home with me. I was born and raised in Kansas. I lived in Topeka for almost 4 years, so I've been to Gage Park multiple times, I've seen the train(never ridden), my two boys have played at the park on numerous other occasions. When they got to Topeka I recognized some of the stuff they talked about but when Jake approached Charlie it really got to me. I immediately sent texts to all my Topeka friends asking them if they knew the name of the train in Gage Park, none did or if it does in fact have a name. It was just way too familiar for me and really connected me personally to the storyline almost like I was a small insignificant part of it. I love the Emerald Castle on I-70 and was going crazy trying to picture where it was on the actual Interstate. Plus the whole Kansas/Wizard of Oz stuff hahaha.

Anyone else had something like this with the story?

Jean
02-12-2014, 01:07 PM
I was born and raised in St.Petersburg, Russia, have never seen Kansas or anything remotely reminding of that train, etc, but I feel extreme connection to the story nevertheless.

Gnagsta
10-31-2014, 10:02 PM
I met Roland in the midst of serious heroin withdraw became a tower junkie :-P (sound familiar??)