PDA

View Full Version : The Mist miniseries

mae
11-30-2013, 05:48 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/25/business/media/the-weinstein-company-seeking-hits-shift-to-tv.html?_r=0

As Oscar season approaches fever pitch, Harvey Weinstein, master of the movie awards game, is talking about ... television.

The Weinstein Company, founded eight years ago by Mr. Weinstein and his brother, Bob, is making a surge into TV production that will soon test whether it can extend its success in film to the world of television.

By next year, the company — known for movies like this year’s prize contender “Lee Daniels’ The Butler,” along with some reality television, including “Project Runway,” and scattered fashion and media ventures — will be at work on more than a half-dozen new scripted series, while expanding its unscripted TV business.

The heavy investment in the production and sale of series signals a strategic shift that is meant to anchor Weinstein, a midsize independent studio, almost equally in television and film. It mirrors changes occurring elsewhere in Hollywood: Last week, for instance, the much larger Sony Pictures Entertainment said it would trim its film slate, while building up TV.

“The way to add stability to the company is to be in the television business,” Harvey Weinstein said in an interview by phone last week. Mr. Weinstein, who spoke jointly with the company’s president, David Glasser, said his goal was to create a television operation “as powerful as the theatrical division.”

The planned series will include a 10-episode detective drama set in ancient Egypt called “Book of the Dead,” in a deal that involves a British partnership and prospective sales in the United States, and “10 Commandments,” a 10-episode series being produced for the Tribune Company’s WGN America. In that, film directors like Lee Daniels, Madonna, Ryan Coogler and Wes Craven might each oversee an episode based on one of the commandments handed to Moses.

Other planned shows are “Marco Polo,” a martial arts-filled adventure series from the executive producer John Fusco for Netflix; “War and Peace,” a 14-episode retelling of Tolstoy’s Napoleonic war novel in association with the BBC; “Stan and Ollie,” about the later days of the Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy comedy team, also for the BBC, and possible sale here; and an “Entourage”-like comic series, based loosely on the adventures of the celebrity chef Michael Chiarello.

The company has also acquired rights to “Peaky Blinders,” a British crime series, and “Gomorrah,” an Italian mob drama, both of which are being offered for sale in the United States.

Those scripted shows join a growing roster of reality projects, including “Concrete Kings,” about the construction business, and “Rodeo Girls,” about female rodeo competitors, both for A&E; and “Under the Gunn” a spinoff of the company’s continuing “Project Runway” series on Lifetime.

Over all, the television operation — headed by Meryl Poster, a former film producer — is counting on what Weinstein associates describe as “the Harvey factor” and “the Weinstein DNA.” Those have something to do with the brothers’ talent relationships, and Harvey Weinstein’s undeniable flair for promotion. (His latest coup was landing an official White House screening for “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom,” even as administration officials said they planned to stop dabbling in Hollywood’s Oscar campaigns.)

Though no guarantee of success, the combination is enough to command attention.

“Would I be surprised in the coming years if Harvey brought something to us that makes sense for HBO? Not in the least,” said Richard Plepler, chief executive of HBO. The TV push is backed by money from a freshly negotiated $370 million in available lending from an arrangement with Union Bank. About $150 million of that is earmarked for television, Mr. Glasser said.

Mr. Weinstein acknowledged that in its early years, his company stumbled in a first round of expansion that aimed to make it less a studio than a mini-media conglomerate. “We had a rough start, to say the least,” he said.

Early misadventures included the brief ownership of a controlling stake in the social network ASmallWorld, and the acquisition of a majority stake in Genius, a home video distribution company that flopped. Once valued at $400 million, the Genius holding dwindled in value as the DVD market collapsed, and was off-loaded in 2009.

Mr. Weinstein said James L. Dolan, a friend and the chief executive of Cablevision Systems, had been particularly forceful in urging him to focus on television. With its relatively quick pacing and potential for long-running hits, TV can be a counterweight to the jagged economics of film, where even a success like “The King’s Speech” — a Weinstein-distributed Oscar winner in 2011 — may fade without creating spinoffs and sequels.

In an email, Harold Vogel, an entertainment industry analyst, said the company’s foray into television could make sense.

“It is a lot smarter for them to move toward TV scripted production than to pursue cable networks, publishing, games and other such off-the-reservation ventures, as they’ve done in the past,” Mr. Vogel wrote.

But TV, he pointed out, can be as capital-hungry as movies — the “Marco Polo” series, for instance, will cost about $90 million to produce. And despite the success of say, Jerry Bruckheimer, who years ago shifted from film to television, there is no guarantee that movie-world skills will matter in a different medium.

“The amply demonstrated Weinstein expertise is in spotting one-off films already made and in film distribution and marketing,” Mr. Vogel wrote. “In TV production, I’d not be certain that any of these skills are readily transferable.”

Bob Weinstein, interviewed separately from his brother, said he was developing original projects that would be in tune with his horror- and action-oriented Dimension brand, along with several shows based on movies he has overseen for the company. He is preparing a pilot based on the “Scream” films for MTV, for instance, and developing a proposed 10-part series with Frank Darabont, based on Dimension’s film version of Stephen King’s “The Mist.”

Mr. Weinstein said he was also hoping to quickly follow the August release of the film “Sin City: A Dame to Kill For,” directed by Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez, with a “Sin City” television series from Mr. Miller and Mr. Rodriguez.

Asked whether some of his past and present Oscar contenders might lead to future television shows, Harvey Weinstein said he saw potential, for instance, in “Silver Linings Playbook,” a comedy-drama that was written and directed by David O. Russell, and received eight Oscar nominations last year. Among this year’s contenders, he said Tracy Letts, the playwright who wrote both the stage and screen versions of “August: Osage County,” may become involved with at least an episode or two.

As for the Weinstein Company’s financial prospects, Mr. Weinstein said a vigorous push into television would help it to raise the next round of financing, whether through a public offering or otherwise.

“It certainly makes it easier for a liquidity event,” he said.

Jean
11-30-2013, 06:05 AM
I dearly hope they will make a different ending. Different from the one in the movie, I mean, not the book.

Jon
11-30-2013, 06:22 AM
I agree.

jhanic
11-30-2013, 07:17 AM
I also agree. When I watch the movie on DVD, I stop it where the story stops, not where the movie stops. I HATE THE ENDING OF THE MOVIE!!!

John

Dan
11-30-2013, 07:31 AM
I also agree. When I watch the movie on DVD, I stop it where the story stops, not where the movie stops. I HATE THE ENDING OF THE MOVIE!!!

John

I agree! I've said this before.

Ben Staad
11-30-2013, 09:40 AM
I liked the ending and thought that it was very powerful. It looks like I'm certainly in the majority.

Merlin1958
11-30-2013, 02:38 PM
I dearly hope they will make a different ending. Different from the one in the movie, I mean, not the book.

I agree.

John

John

I agree! I've said this before.

I liked the ending and thought that it was very powerful. It looks like I'm certainly in the majority.

I'm with, Ben on this one. I thought the movie ending was powerful and provocative.

Randall Flagg
12-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Loved the movie ending.

Jean
12-01-2013, 12:14 PM
I disliked the ending for one simple reason. Both endings' message is the same; it's, basically, what King's novels are so often about: one must never lose hope. In the novel this message is positive, the reader is left to hope on. In the film, they shout at the viewer: see, dumb mahfah, what happens if you fucking lose hope?!! It's as if the creators of the films didn't trust the audience to be smart or sensitive enough to get the message without it being hammered into them.

Randall Flagg
12-01-2013, 12:31 PM
If you want "hope" at the end of a King story, I suggest you avoid "Summer Thunder".

Jean
12-01-2013, 12:41 PM
it's not even that I want it, - it's Sai King's recurrent theme. He can despair with the best of them, of course, but I don't think he has ever shown the retribution for despair so bluntly. I haven't read Summer Thunder, though, I'll sure look it up!

Merlin1958
12-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Starry eyed for a fan base of a "Horror" novelist, no?

BROWNINGS CHILDE
12-01-2013, 07:55 PM
I have said before, and I NEVER say this....the movie ending was better. I walked out of the theater feeling slightly nauseated, and my entire family was quiet all the way home. I t wasn't until we had been home for a few minutes that we finally began to discuss it, and even then in a quietly shocked manner. Any ending that can provoke that type of emotional response has succeeded.

mae
12-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Starry eyed for a fan base of a "Horror" novelist, no?

I wouldn't label King as a horror writer. His pure horror writings can probably be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Heather19
12-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Interesting news. I'm not sure we need a mini-series based on this story though, considering the movie isn't that old. And I wonder what involvement Frank would have?

As for the ending of the movie, I didn't so much mind it except for the simple fact that as soon as it happens the mist clears. At that point it lost all impact for me.

herbertwest
12-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Loved the movie ending.

I prefered the ending of the movie.

mae
12-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Loved the movie ending.

I prefered the ending of the movie.

They're different, but I really liked how the film ended.

As for the ending of the movie, I didn't so much mind it except for the simple fact that as soon as it happens the mist clears. At that point it lost all impact for me.

I think that was the point. Had they just waited a bit longer...

Randall Flagg
12-02-2013, 09:46 AM

Exactly.

evilash
12-02-2013, 09:49 AM
I wholly preferred the movie ending. Powerful gut-punch. Not enough of this in Hollywood if you ask me.

Ben Staad
12-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Woot! Yep and I loved watching this in the theatre. People were quiet and (IMO) really thinking over what they just saw. (BIG) Studios typically do not like the audience to think to hard at the end of a film.

I wholly preferred the movie ending. Powerful gut-punch. Not enough of this in Hollywood if you ask me.

Jean
12-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Woot! Yep and I loved watching this in the theatre. People were quiet and (IMO) really thinking over what they just saw. (BIG) Studios typically do not like the audience to think to hard at the end of a film.

Seemed to me exactly the opposite - that the ending was meant to stop people thinking. What is there left to think about when everything was shoved in our faces? In the end, it suddenly became a fable with an obtrusive moral, chewed up for the viewer (which is just what they normally do in Hollywood) - or worse, a bad joke with a tasteless punchline.

Heather19
12-02-2013, 11:40 AM

Exactly.

Yes, Not even 5 min ;)

Honesty I think I would have loved it if he left it there, because as someone else mentioned you rarely get grim endings to big Hollywood films. But then to get the resolution so quickly, it just killed that shock for me.

CRinVA
12-02-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm pretty sure King was quoted as saying he loved the ending and wish he'd written it that way! :-)

A definite gut puch!

ICry4Oy
12-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Preferred the movie ending.

...wonder if there will be a TMSGII?

Garrell
12-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Great ending. Loved it more than any King movie so far... Made you think...what would I do:idea:

mtdman
12-02-2013, 11:57 PM
I also loved the ending of the movie, it is very provocative and disturbing. The whole movie is disturbing and the ending wraps it all up. Great movie.

mae
09-17-2015, 04:41 AM
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/16/the-mist-tv-series-stephen-king

The Mist is gathering again, this time on the small screen.

A new television series based on Stephen King’s 1980 horror novella and Frank Darabont’s 2007 film adaptation is in in the works, Dimension TV has announced.

The project, which has King’s blessing, is being written by Christian Torpe, creator of the Danish TV series Rita. Taking cues from King’s book and Darabont’s movie, the series is to tell an original story about a seemingly innocuous mist that seeps into a small town and plunges it into chaos, stirring up psychological frights and otherworldly creatures.

“The terror and drama in Stephen King’s novella are so vast that we felt serialized television is the best place to explore them in greater depth,” said Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of the Weinstein Company and Dimension Films, in the announcement. “With this show, Christian has created a fascinating band of characters and a story with infinite scares.”

amd013
09-17-2015, 07:24 AM
Just saw this thread for first time today.

First want to say count me among those that loved the ending.

I am not sure if this is going to make a good series. If they do it, I think it would be best to keep it a 10-13 episode 1 year series. I think any longer, and it will feel like they are just dragging things out. (learn from the mistakes made by Under the Dome)

Mike

Ben Staad
09-17-2015, 09:02 AM
I loved the movie and the ending. I'm not so sure about a television show...If it happens I hope it is done in an arc that is clear and not painstakingly drug out like UTD. Is there any channel associated with this project?

Bev Vincent
09-17-2015, 09:16 AM
Done right, this could be interesting. In the novella/movie, we see one group of people, but there are a lot of other stories that could be told around that area. Other survivors, other victims.

No network has been announced yet. The project is still "in development," an expression that is sometimes followed by the word "hell."

mtdman
09-22-2015, 04:28 PM
I loved the movie ending and I loved that it was filled with despair and lack of hope and that he had to live with the consequences for what he did. Love it.

Not sure how you make a whole series out of that story though. If it turns out like the Dome series it won't be good.

Jon
09-24-2015, 07:10 PM
I loved the movie ending and I loved that it was filled with despair and lack of hope and that he had to live with the consequences for what he did. Love it.

I am so proud! *sniff sniff* They grow up so fast!

mae
02-25-2016, 09:50 AM
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/02/25/stephen-king-mist-tv-series

Stephen King’s sci-fi thriller The Mist is getting closer to becoming a TV series.

Spike TV has ordered a pilot based on the horror author’s tale of a group of Maine residents trapped in a grocery store after a mysterious mist full of nasty creatures blankets the town. The 1980 story was previously made into a 2007 film by Frank Darabont and starring Thomas Jane.

Spike executive Sharon Levy pledged The Mist would be a “compelling series unlike anything else on television.” Writer-producer Christian Torpe (Denmark’s Rita) will serve as executive producer. The Mist will be the first pilot order for a Spike scripted dramatic series since the networked shifted its formerly male-focused brand towards general entertainment.

One challenge for the production would be figuring out how to take King’s trapped-group concept and expand it into an ongoing series. The order comes a couple weeks after Hulu launched its own King tale, the time-travel thriller 11.22.63. Now if only somebody would order a new version of The Stand …

Ari_Racing
02-25-2016, 11:47 AM
Also on Nerdist:

http://nerdist.com/stephen-king-the-mist-tv-show-spike/

herbertwest
02-26-2016, 12:58 AM
"Nearly a decade ago, Frank Darabont directed a widely acclaimed adaptation of Stephen King‘s The Mist."

Oh man, already?

Brainslinger
03-06-2016, 12:48 PM
"Nearly a decade ago, Frank Darabont directed a widely acclaimed adaptation of Stephen King‘s The Mist."

Oh man, already?

It's a little scary how quickly time move on, isn't it?

Bev Vincent
04-14-2016, 08:33 AM
Spike TV has greenlit “The Mist,” ordering 10 hourlong episodes of the series based on Stephen King’s classic horror novella, Variety has learned.

The series goes into production this summer, and is slated for a 2017 debut.\

>>> Source (http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-mist-spike-tv-series-order-stephen-king-1201753019/)

webstar1000
04-14-2016, 08:44 AM
Spike TV has greenlit “The Mist,” ordering 10 hourlong episodes of the series based on Stephen King’s classic horror novella, Variety has learned.

The series goes into production this summer, and is slated for a 2017 debut.\

>>> Source (http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-mist-spike-tv-series-order-stephen-king-1201753019/)

I wish Netflix got this... I wish Netflix got a lot of things... lol they are SO GOOD!

mae
06-23-2016, 02:44 PM
http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1374635-stephen-king%E2%80%99s-the-mist-tv-adaptation-headed-for-bedford

The old Target store in Bedford will be the summer shooting location for a multi-million-dollar television series inspired by Stephen King’s book The Mist.

Last April, Spike TV announced that production for the original scripted series was beginning this summer and slated to air in 2017.

Two sources close to the production said Wednesday that filming is expected to begin next week in the empty Target store in Bedford.

The Bedford Place Mall building will reportedly be used as studio space for the harrowing series.

The Target store has been shuttered since April 2015, when the American retailer closed down all of their 133 Canadian locations after failing to crack the Canadian market.

On Wednesday, there were no obvious signs of TV production but a RONA employee said their store and other surrounding businesses received a notice last week about the filming of a television series.

The employee said the notice indicated production will begin in July and be filmed over a six-month period. A portion of the back parking lot of the mall will be used to park production trailers.

The notice did not disclose the name of the series or the production company. David Schwarz, senior vice-president of communications for Spike TV, said in an emailed statement on Wednesday that production details cannot be confirmed at this time.

The Weinstein Company’s Dimension Television will produce 10 one-hour episodes for the series. Based on Stephen King’s 1984 novella, the plot centres on a mysterious mist that seeps into a small town and wreaks havoc with all those it touches.

Weinstein Company and executive producer Christian Torpe are both familiar with Stephen King, having produced his films in the past, including the 2007 film adaptation of The Mist.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/frances-conroy-joining-spikes-series-adaptation-of-stephen-kings-the-mist-733

Spike's series adaptation of Stephen King's THE MIST is starting to become populated, and Frances Conroy is the first to declare residency.

The SIX FEET UNDER and AMERICAN HORROR STORY actress is coming aboard to play a modern-day ecological martyr name Nathalie. She has a deeper connection to nature than to her fellow man, but she apparently has pretty good instincts about humanity's behavior when it comes to their response to the encroaching mist.

THE MIST, which will mark Spike's first scripted dramatic series in nine years, is set to head into production over the summer - so keep an eye out for more rapid fire casting - as a 2017 release is still the plan for the cable network.

mae
07-12-2016, 04:31 PM
http://deadline.com/2016/07/alyssa-sutherland-cast-the-mist-stephen-king-adaptation-spike-1201785704/

Vikings star Alyssa Sutherland has joined the of Spike’s straight-to-series drama The Mist, based on the Stephen King novella. Production begins this summer for premiere in 2017.

The Mist, from TWC-Dimension Television, tells the story of a foreboding mist that arrives in one small town ushering in a terrifying new reality for its residents, putting their humanity to the test. What will people do to survive when blinded by fear?

Sutherland will play Eve Cunningham, a wife and mother who fights to protect her teenage daughter from unknown dangers lurking both inside and outside the mist while facing down her past. She joins previously announced Frances Conroy, who plays Nathalie, a modern day ecological martyr.

Sutherland currently stars on History’s popular historical drama series, Vikings, as Queen Aslaug. She previously appeared in several indie films including The Fortune Theory, Don’t Look Up, and Day On Fire with Olympia Dukakis, which screened at the Toronto and Berlin Film Festivals. On the small screen, she has appeared on NBC’s Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Fox’s New Amsterdam. She is repped by UTA and Untitled.

skyofcrack
07-13-2016, 01:46 AM
I liked the ending for the film. The story has a great ending but it's not impactful enough for a movie. As I was watching the film's ending I assume David kills the 4 in his truck then is left without a bullet for himself. I was wondering why he didn't try to kill two with one bullet. Maybe hold Billy up in front of your face and put the gun in his mouth, hoping it goes through your skull as well. For the same ending as the film you could've had the bullet ricochet and just miss, leaving you alone.

I don't like the sound of where this TV show is headed.

NoAttitudeThisTime
07-13-2016, 02:18 AM
It will likely be something like Haven, not really an adaptation but its own thing, using King's story as inspiration. I don't think this show is necessary since the movie version is so great! There are many other novels and stories they could have picked instead

mattgreenbean
07-13-2016, 04:37 AM
I imagine, like many shows, they will show the back story of characters to draw out the series. But if they stick with the original story, I'll be happy with it. Just think, we could have ended up with The Mist II and gotten a crappy remake/sequel. Who would prefer that?

Br!an
07-13-2016, 04:50 AM
I watched The Mist last night. I cared about some of the characters. I got pissed off at some. I cheered them on. It was very good.

I'd recently re-read the story and so noticed a few changes. Despite those changes the movie is a faithful adaptation.

As for the ending...

They certainly needed a more dramatic ending for the movie. What they did worked.

I thought they made the decision to use the gun rather quickly. They then acted on it quickly. IRL I think they would have sat there and talked for a few hours. They probably would have waited until night to actually use the gun.

I like the idea that this is a different group. I don't think I could handle any more Mrs. Carmody. Although I suppose there will be a similarly disturbed person in the series.

St. Troy
07-13-2016, 05:31 AM
I liked The Mist (story and movie) and look forward to this miniseries. The main reason I like when adaptations take the form of a miniseries is because the work then has room to spread out, rather than be the usual 90-minute summary of a novel that a conventional movie gives us.

My problem is that miniseries producers often seem to think that this extra room is a green light not to more effectively render the existing story but to pad the meatballs with bread crumbs and flour, so to speak, which is not what I want at all - and so I worry about things like this:

...while facing down her past...

If this means we get to know the character to better understand dynamics in play as the mist rolls in, fine - but if it means lengthy flashbacks intended to get us thinking "I hope those two can reconcile" rather than "damn, what's inside that mist?," then they have effed up.

And then:

...Nathalie, a modern day ecological martyr...

We all know that The Mist has a how far can you push science/nature angle, but the difference between what the military did in The Mist and something like, say, fracking, is significant enough that if they intend to use this character (the "ecological martyr") to drive this metaphor and message home, it really will be overkill as well as buzzkill.

But...
1) I'm aware that I'm very much extrapolating from a single piece of information, and
2) These are just my opinions, based on what I do and don't like to see in a movie - not intended to be global; I understand that there are no ultimate shoulds and should nots in adaptations (I think there should be, but there you go).

webstar1000
07-13-2016, 05:38 AM
Guys N Gals... I have seen first hand some things that I am unable to say BUT can confirm.. this is will NOT follow in the vein of Under the Dome. I am very excited about this:)

skyofcrack
07-13-2016, 05:44 AM
I'd like to see some of what goes on at the Arrowhead project before things go wrong.

Br!an
07-13-2016, 06:21 AM
I'd like to see some of what goes on at the Arrowhead project before things go wrong.

That is certainly a tangential story-line they could expand upon.

Bev Vincent
07-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Eight more people cast: http://deadline.com/2016/07/the-mist-stephen-king-tv-adaptation-cast-production-start-1201785970/

skyofcrack
07-13-2016, 12:59 PM
Good God this looks awful.

NoAttitudeThisTime
07-13-2016, 02:05 PM
I agree. Really awful! Sorry...not to take away the pleasure for the person who's involved with the project, but this sure sounds like standard TV á la Haven. A series that only uses the Mist as a backdrop for typical trite drama and crimes and a bit of romance, and whatnot. Some people like this kind of thing, which is fine, but as a King fan like me, this is not exciting at all! It may be better than Under the Dome (which show isn't?) but it's just another Haven-like show, a new trend in Hollywood TV Land that I do not like! I look forward to the remake of It (and yes, also the Dark Tower although I have my fears regarding that one), but this unnecessary Mist rip-off will get a quick glance and then very likely be forgotten and avoided!

St. Troy
07-13-2016, 03:17 PM
Eight more people cast: http://deadline.com/2016/07/the-mist-stephen-king-tv-adaptation-cast-production-start-1201785970/

Looks they added a lot of "personal interest" material (in which I will have no interest).

mae
07-17-2016, 07:08 AM
http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2016/07/15/morgan-spector-rounds-out-the-cast-of-the-mist-494104/20160715spiketv01/

Morgan Spector has joined the cast to star in Spike's new scripted original series "The Mist." From TWC-Dimension Television (TV) based on the classic Stephen King novella, "The Mist" goes into production this summer and airs in 2017. The announcement was jointly made today by Sharon Levy, Executive Vice President, Original Series, Spike and Bob Weinstein, Co-Chairman The Weinstein Company.

"The Mist" tells the story of a foreboding mist that arrives in one small town ushering in a terrifying new reality for its residents, putting their humanity to the test. What will people do to survive when blinded by fear?

Morgan Spector will play "Kevin Cunningham," the protagonist of the series. Kevin is the epitome of the modern, liberal and civilized man; devoted to his wife and teenaged daughter. He lives his life by high moral values and throughout his life he has refused to give into the anger and prejudice he sees in other people. However, with the arrival of the mist, his moral compass will be put to the test for his and his family's survival.

Spector just concluded a run in Manhattan Theatre Club's lauded US premiere of "Incognito." His extensive stage credits include starring roles in "Ironbound," "Machinal," "A View From the Bridge," "Harvey," and "Russian Transport," for which he received a Drama Desk Award nomination. He'll next be seen on film in "Permission" and also appears as Sylvester Stallone opposite Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts in "The Bleeder," based on the true story that inspired "Rocky." In the television world, Spector has had recurring arcs on HBO's "Boardwalk Empire" and CBS's "Person of Interest" and was a regular on "Allegiance" for ABC. He's also made notable guest star roles on several series including "Orange is the New Black" and "How to Make It In America." Spector is represented by Innovative Artists.

Spector rounds out a cast that includes Frances Conroy, Alyssa Sutherland, Gus Birney, Dan Butler, Luke Cosgrove, Danica Curcic, Okezie Morro, Darren Pettie, Russell Posner and Isiah Whitlock, Jr.

Christian Torpe and Amanda Segel are Executive Producers of "The Mist."

Bob Weinstein, Harvey Weinstein and David Glasser are Executive Producers for TWC-Dimension Television with Megan Spanjian, Matthew Signer and Keith Levine as Producers.

Levy, Ted Gold, Senior Vice President, Scripted Original Series, and Lauren Ruggiero, Senior Director, Scripted Programming will oversee the project for Spike with Vlad Wolynetz as Co-Executive Producer.

webstar1000
07-20-2016, 01:54 PM
Just had a very cool chat with one of my contacts. I told him about our site and that he should check I out. Mentioned that as a collective we are concerned it could fly towards the vine of Under the Dome territory. He assures me this will NOT be happening. It is a 10 episode arc and the story will be fan oriented (not sure I buy this 100%). He also said when I asked about focusing on Arrowhead much more... That he couldn't say but I had a great thought there... I hung up the phone thinking to myself "how would he know about arrowhead unless he read the book which he could have OR its in the script. His response had me believing that perhaps we will see more of it that we do in the book or movie anyways. I also asked where we were on the promo items and since it just started filming today... He wouldn't have an answer for a bit. I'll keep ya'll posted!!!

georgiesarm
07-20-2016, 02:38 PM
This series seems strangely redundant after getting an excellent adaptation not that long ago.

I like the ending too, BTW. Maybe my favorite thing about it is that it's suggested right in the novella. A lot of people seem to miss that.

I checked the gun and then put it into the glove compartment. Ollie had reloaded it after the expedition to the drugstore. The rest of the shells had disappeared with him, but that was all right. He had fired at Mrs. Carmody, he had fired once at the clawed thing, and the gun had discharged once when it hit the ground. There were four of us in the Scout, but if push came right down to shove, I'd find some other way out for myself.

Ari_Racing
07-20-2016, 02:47 PM
Just had a very cool chat with one of my contacts. I told him about our site and that he should check I out. Mentioned that as a collective we are concerned it could fly towards the vine of Under the Dome territory. He assures me this will NOT be happening. It is a 10 episode arc and the story will be fan oriented (not sure I buy this 100%). He also said when I asked about focusing on Arrowhead much more... That he couldn't say but I had a great thought there... I hung up the phone thinking to myself "how would he know about arrowhead unless he read the book which he could have OR its in the script. His response had me believing that perhaps we will see more of it that we do in the book or movie anyways. I also asked where we were on the promo items and since it just started filming today... He wouldn't have an answer for a bit. I'll keep ya'll posted!!!

That's a really cool news! THANK YOU!

Mattrick
07-20-2016, 11:33 PM
You lost me at SpikeTV, sorry.

herbertwest
09-02-2016, 12:35 AM
There's been a lot of teasing and wonder about the upcoming AMS title and it seem that it may actually be subtitled "THE MIST" !
>>> http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/186444/have-the-american-horror-story-season-6-themesubtitle-and-cast-been-revealed-already/

webstar1000
11-30-2016, 08:11 AM
AN update for everyone. I just got off the phone with one of the production team members. Due to budget they are not moving forward with any "swag":( I am sorry guys but I tried. They indicated they think they are getting a 2nd season... early buzz is good but I hold no water in that... and let's be honest... do we want another Under the Dome? NO. Either way she said if there is a next season... they will have more money... Sorry guys! kris

Ari_Racing
12-06-2016, 08:35 AM
AN update for everyone. I just got off the phone with one of the production team members. Due to budget they are not moving forward with any "swag":( I am sorry guys but I tried. They indicated they think they are getting a 2nd season... early buzz is good but I hold no water in that... and let's be honest... do we want another Under the Dome? NO. Either way she said if there is a next season... they will have more money... Sorry guys! kris

No worries. You tried! :) Thanks!

Lilja
03-24-2017, 04:10 AM
Here (http://liljas-library.com/showinterview.php?id=108) is an exclusive interview with Christian Torpe, the creator, executive producer and showrunner for The Mist.

http://liljas-library.com/img/other/christiantorpe.jpg

Lilja

St. Troy
03-24-2017, 04:57 AM
When he said "It is not the same story as in the book and the movie, nor is it the same characters," he started to lose me, but when he mentioned the TV adaptation of Fargo, he got my interest back.

"Mr. King...told me that as long as I didn’t do anything safe and ordinary, he would be happy." I can get behind that sentiment.

mae
04-11-2017, 04:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kya_uqiSQOY

WeDealInLead
04-11-2017, 04:45 PM
Looks all right.

webstar1000
04-11-2017, 05:06 PM
I hope this isn't under the same dome... as the Under the Dome TV series...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CyberGhostface
04-11-2017, 06:45 PM
I'll wait for the reviews but looks pretty mediocre to be honest.

Iwritecode
04-12-2017, 05:38 AM
I hope this isn't under the same dome... as the Under the Dome TV series...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the same type of concept. Take the original story and expand on it. Obviously they are going to focus on more than just the one group of people in the grocery store.

Bev Vincent
04-12-2017, 06:09 AM
I don't believe the people we know from the grocery store are even going to be a part of this.

herbertwest
04-12-2017, 06:32 AM
The official presentation :

When the residents of Bridgeville, Maine find themselves engulfed by a foreboding mist containing a myriad of inexplicable and bizarre threats, their humanity is put to the test in THE MIST, a new 10 episode serialized drama premiering Thursday, June 22 at 10 PM, ET/PT on Spike.

Based on a story by Stephen King, THE MIST has been re-imagined for television by Executive Producer and Writer Christian Torpe and produced for Spike by TWC-Dimension Television. Spike’s THE MIST centers around a small town family that is torn apart by a brutal crime. As they deal with the fallout an eerie mist rolls in, suddenly cutting them off from the rest of the world, and in some cases, each other. Family, friends and adversaries become strange bedfellows, battling the mysterious mist and its threats, fighting to maintain morality and sanity as the rules of society break down.

Oh, and SpikeTV told me that the foreign release will be done through Netflix !

Ben Staad
04-12-2017, 07:58 AM
I watched a trailer/preview for this and it looks okay. The preview made it look slightly like the Mist is making people act differently. Maybe they are just getting at that the people act differently because of the Mist.

T-Dogz_AK47
04-12-2017, 08:55 AM
I watched a trailer/preview for this and it looks okay. The preview made it look slightly like the Mist is making people act differently. Maybe they are just getting at that the people act differently because of the Mist.

If that is the case, it will be more like James Herbert's The Fog.

St. Troy
04-12-2017, 09:09 AM
This trailer simultaneously makes me want to watch this miniseries and makes me wish someone would make a miniseries out of King's story (I liked the movie but it could use 4-6 hours of screen time).

Johnny Alien
04-12-2017, 05:05 PM
This trailer simultaneously makes me want to watch this miniseries and makes me wish someone would make a miniseries out of King's story (I liked the movie but it could use 4-6 hours of screen time).

Really? The movie (with the exception of the ending) was pretty much scene for scene from the story. They didn't cut anything out.

Merlin1958
04-12-2017, 05:07 PM
I think this looks very promising. Of course, it's just a trailer, but I especially like the look (it seems) into events at the military base. They'd have all kinds of material to explore. The trailer seems to indicate that they would explore all the different aspects of the "Event".

Iwritecode
04-13-2017, 05:29 AM

Really? The movie (with the exception of the ending) was pretty much scene for scene from the story. They didn't cut anything out.

I was thinking the same thing. It's not like the original story was a full-length novel. It was only 134 pages long in Skeleton Crew.

georgiesarm
04-13-2017, 11:03 PM
The movie perhaps could've used another 10 minutes to develop Mrs Carmody and the ending's timing a little more convincingly, but no more than that.

I have to say I find the trailer for the series to be underwhelming. It's not bad, I'm just not feeling anything. At least it's smart not to do a straight up adaptation after getting a pretty damn good one 10 years ago, maybe it will be possible to imagine both happening simultaneously.

mae
05-08-2017, 03:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlXoDnWYWZw

mattgreenbean
05-08-2017, 09:45 AM
I'm going to watch this obviously, but I think I'm probably going to wait and watch after purchasing. But does Spike put their shows on disc? I can't think of any shows they've done.

Merlin1958
05-09-2017, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlXoDnWYWZw

Now, that's a great trailer!!!!

mae
05-22-2017, 05:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYWjlHbiUM8

mae
05-23-2017, 01:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhvVqMqCifw

Merlin1958
05-24-2017, 07:54 AM
This looks very promising!!!!

mae
05-24-2017, 08:02 AM
Doesn't seem to be generating very much buzz with folks here.

Lilja
05-26-2017, 03:40 AM
Got a press kit for The Mist today!

http://www.liljas-library.com/img/other/mist_presskit1.jpg

http://www.liljas-library.com/img/other/mist_presskit2.jpg

http://www.liljas-library.com/img/other/mist_presskit3.jpg

http://www.liljas-library.com/img/other/mist_presskit4.jpg

http://www.liljas-library.com/img/other/mist_presskit5.jpg

Lilja

Ben Staad
05-26-2017, 06:59 AM
Nice. What is in it?

Lilja
05-26-2017, 07:01 AM
Hardcover book with photos and info, digital photos and episode 1.

Ben Staad
05-26-2017, 07:06 AM
Looks like a nice production. Congrats and let us know (when you can) how episode 1 is.

Hardcover book with photos and info, digital photos and episode 1.

Lilja
05-26-2017, 07:14 AM
I have a spoiler free review here (http://liljas-library.com/showreview.php?id=342).

mae
05-30-2017, 01:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocwcqTlarmA

mae
05-30-2017, 01:28 PM
By the way, as a side note, Spike is being rebranded the Paramount Network soon:

http://deadline.com/2017/05/paramount-network-yellowstone-first-scripted-drama-series-taylor-sheridan-weinstein-co-1202082335/

Paramount Network has greenlighted its first scripted series. Viacom’s new general entertainment network and leading scripted brand, which will replace Spike in early 2018, has given a 10-episode straight-to-series order to Yellowstone, a sweeping, cinematic family drama written and directed by Oscar-nominated Hell or High Water and Sicario screenwriter Taylor Sheridan and executive produced by The Weinstein Company and John and Art Linson, former executive producers of FX’s Sons Of Anarchy, in which Sheridan co-starred.

mae
06-05-2017, 07:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKe3znDCEMY

RichardX
06-05-2017, 08:55 AM
That looks as though they have took ever bad SK TV miniseries and combined it into one show. My expectations are low although I like the actress from the Vikings series. It otherwise reminds me a bit of Fear the Walking Dead meets Storm of the Century. I'll still watch though!

Randall Flagg
06-05-2017, 02:41 PM
THE MIST STEPHEN KING 2017 PROMO PRESS KIT DVDs (http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-MIST-STEPHEN-KING-2017-PROMO-PRESS-KIT-DVDs-/362000236374?hash=item5448e53f56:g:f0wAAOSwJH1ZNcF H)

http://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/f0wAAOSwJH1ZNcFH/s-l225.jpg

herbertwest
06-06-2017, 01:34 AM
THE MIST STEPHEN KING 2017 PROMO PRESS KIT DVDs (http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-MIST-STEPHEN-KING-2017-PROMO-PRESS-KIT-DVDs-/362000236374?hash=item5448e53f56:g:f0wAAOSwJH1ZNcF H)

http://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/f0wAAOSwJH1ZNcFH/s-l225.jpg

I am interested by this one as I collect movie press kits, but the staring bid + shipping is a bit of money, so if someone else want to bid on it i probably won't...

mae
06-08-2017, 01:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBmMUy30uCM

mae
06-08-2017, 01:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUDF4d6Jw6A

mae
06-14-2017, 05:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1efZ_alxqbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnGPIW9v_Dg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp6cRS7pmwg

Bev Vincent
06-14-2017, 05:25 PM
I watched the first episode today--it's quite good. Review to follow.

webstar1000
06-15-2017, 03:44 AM

Really Bev? I totally thought this was gonna be shit.. I have friends that worked on the show (it was filmed down the road from me) and they said they had no idea what was going on. haha WHat would you rate it out of 10?

Bev Vincent
06-15-2017, 03:59 AM

Really Bev? I totally thought this was gonna be shit.. I have friends that worked on the show (it was filmed down the road from me) and they said they had no idea what was going on. haha WHat would you rate it out of 10?

I'm not very good with ratings, but if forced to do so, I'd give it an 8, probably. It looks better visually than Haven, I'd say, and the cast is really solid. There's a teenage character who has some really heavy lifting in the first episode and she's very credible -- much more so than the kids in Under the Dome. Frances Conroy is terrific, although we're just getting into her character arc in the first episode. They spend a decent amount of time establishing pre-existing conflicts in town before the mist rolls in, which will create some interesting tensions. They don't have a huge budget, but they're doing some good stuff with what they have -- some gruesome, violent images in ep1. No holds barred on language, either, unlike a network series.

Plus the scenery is fantastic -- Windsor, NS and surroundings never looked so good!

To be honest, I wasn't paying this series much attention. My interest level was low, although I had it queued up to record. But having seen the first episode, I'm intrigued.

webstar1000
06-15-2017, 04:02 AM

I'm not very good with ratings, but if forced to do so, I'd give it an 8, probably. It looks better visually than Haven, I'd say, and the cast is really solid. There's a teenage character who has some really heavy lifting in the first episode and she's very credible -- much more so than the kids in Under the Dome. Frances Conroy is terrific, although we're just getting into her character arc in the first episode. They spend a decent amount of time establishing pre-existing conflicts in town before the mist rolls in, which will create some interesting tensions. They don't have a huge budget, but they're doing some good stuff with what they have -- some gruesome, violent images in ep1. No holds barred on language, either, unlike a network series.

Plus the scenery is fantastic -- Windsor, NS and surroundings never looked so good!

To be honest, I wasn't paying this series much attention. My interest level was low, although I had it queued up to record. But having seen the first episode, I'm intrigued.

Good to hear. Nova Scotia is one beautiful spot. Comparable to Maine but with a slightly different charm... I am more excited for this now:) Thanks Bev!

Br!an
06-15-2017, 02:45 PM
Yeah, good to hear!

Thanks, Bev!

OldDarth
06-18-2017, 03:53 PM
I've seen the pilot as well. Not perfect but definitely intrigues. Bev's score of 8 out of 10 is pretty spot on. Only one moment took me out of the episode.

webstar1000
06-19-2017, 08:20 AM
http://collider.com/the-mist-tv-show-premiere-review/#images

Bev Vincent
06-19-2017, 09:13 AM
Here's my preview of the series based on the first episode: http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/stephen-king-news-from-the-dead-zone-199/

RichardX
06-23-2017, 05:17 AM
Pretty much what I expected which wasn't much. Standard summer TV. Reminded me a bit of UTD with a slightly better cast. I give it 5/10.

CyberGhostface
06-23-2017, 05:42 AM
I'd say it was a bit better than UTD. I took the performance of the daughter for granted and didn't consider until Bev pointed it out how strong it was when you hold it up against the teens in UTD. Heck the acting from everyone here is hands down better than anything in UTD with the exception of Dean Norris.

Still my main issue is that aside from the basic concept (people held up in confined locations with a mist filled with monsters outside) and a few elements (Arrowhead project) this is basically King in title only.

Bev Vincent
06-23-2017, 06:07 AM
I'd say it was a bit better than UTD. I took the performance of the daughter for granted and didn't consider until Bev pointed it out how strong it was when you hold it up against the teens in UTD. Heck the acting from everyone here is hands down better than anything in UTD with the exception of Dean Norris.

Still my main issue is that aside from the basic concept (people held up in confined locations with a mist filled with monsters outside) and a few elements (Arrowhead project) this is basically King in title only.

Yes, and that's what I was expecting -- different people, different situation, same basic setup. I like the fact that they took the time to establish some strong inter-character conflicts before the external crisis descends. Imagine discovering you're trapped indefinitely [by anything] with the guy who may have assaulted you, for example.

RichardX
06-23-2017, 06:19 AM

Yes, and that's what I was expecting -- different people, different situation, same basic setup. I like the fact that they took the time to establish some strong inter-character conflicts before the external crisis descends. Imagine discovering you're trapped indefinitely [by anything] with the guy who may have assaulted you, for example.

I agree the acting is slightly better than UTD but that is not saying a great deal. In terms of plot there was a lot of the typical stereotype elements like the teacher getting grief from the uptight parents for sex education, the football player/rapist etc. Just lazy writing. And anyone want to bet the football player is the not one who assaulted the girl? More likely his buddy who started the fight with the kid at the party. I hope this is a one season project as it might really turn ugly if they try to overextend it.

webstar1000
06-23-2017, 06:29 AM

I agree the acting is slightly better than UTD but that is not saying a great deal. In terms of plot there was a lot of the typical stereotype elements like the teacher getting grief from the uptight parents for sex education, the football player/rapist etc. Just lazy writing. And anyone want to bet the football player is the not one who assaulted the girl? More likely his buddy who started the fight with the kid at the party. I hope this is a one season project as it might really turn ugly if they try to overextend it.

So... just not bothering with spoilers for those who haven't seen it? Come on...

OldDarth
06-23-2017, 06:37 AM
I'd give it a 7 - set up episodes lack the cohesion possible in subsequent episodes. A lot of characters to set up plus the mystery of the mist. The pilot tried to cram too much in too short a time. The Mist elements should have been left until the end of the episode or better yet the second one. Overall the show looks good and with the exception of one moment, the special effects look solid too. This is an intriguing take on the novella with multiple locations being used. Loved the effect in The Mist where the edges of the characters blurred almost like they are being absorbed by the mist.

Ricky
06-23-2017, 06:59 AM
I enjoyed it and will continue watching. The big thing that turns me off, though, is how the showrunner said the plan was for it to run multiple seasons. And we all know how Under the Dome turned out. Not smart to get too greedy too early.

herbertwest
06-23-2017, 10:42 AM
Watch the First Three Episodes of “The Mist” Right Now!!

>>> http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3443414/watch-first-three-episodes-mist-right-now/

NoAttitudeThisTime
06-23-2017, 03:26 PM
Just watched it and I liked it. Looking forward to the next episode. Much better than UTD in any ways, and, in my opinion (many will disagree), better than Haven. But the original wonderful, perfect movie version it's clearly not.

webstar1000
06-26-2017, 11:19 AM
So I got the chance to see the 1st episode. Pretty cool seeing my home town and surrounding areas. My thoughts on the actual show? I will keep going. UTD was brutal and I suffered through a half dozen episodes. I was not suffering through this. I liked it... didn't love it but it could keep getting better and better. We shall see. I would go 7/10 for now. I have two more to watch tonight. I have spoken to some from the team on required print work should a season two get the order... and they are all thinking that will be a reality.

mae
07-08-2017, 12:23 PM
A couple of nice ads for The Mist by Amazon Echo:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/adlp/themist

Merlin1958
07-09-2017, 03:42 PM
So far, I am digging it. Unfortunately, when they posted the first 3 episodes I succumbed. lol Can't wait for more!!!

Johnny Alien
07-09-2017, 03:46 PM
I think it's pretty terrible. I will probably stop watching it. It is so far off the basics outlined in the short story it's ridiculous. And not in a good way.

Merlin1958
07-09-2017, 03:49 PM
I think it's pretty terrible. I will probably stop watching it. It is so far off the basics outlined in the short story it's ridiculous. And not in a good way.

Of course, you are more than entitled to your opinion. However, FWIW I believe the idea was to expand beyond the short story and explore. I think that's kinda cool, but JMHO.

CRinVA
07-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Merlin, I totally agree. King laid down the concept and the series is expanding on it. As long as the acting stays as good as it is I'm staying with it. Personally I easily disassociate ALL movies from the books/stories they evolved from.

Ben Staad
07-10-2017, 12:03 PM
I am sticking with this for a bit. For this I like that the story is being expanded on however I am having some issue with the script and the somewhat confusing aspects of the Mist. It seems they are taking a departure from the original premise. The acting has been fairly solid to date.

Of course, you are more than entitled to your opinion. However, FWIW I believe the idea was to expand beyond the short story and explore. I think that's kinda cool, but JMHO.

Merlin1958
07-11-2017, 04:27 PM
I am sticking with this for a bit. For this I like that the story is being expanded on however I am having some issue with the script and the somewhat confusing aspects of the Mist. It seems they are taking a departure from the original premise. The acting has been fairly solid to date.

Yeah, they seem (so far) to be attributing a more diverse set of powers in the mist than just the "Thinny/door" to Mid world aspect of the original story. Just to get it off my chest. It really annoys me that they attribute the basis to a "Novel by Stephen King" when we all know it's a short story/novella. Not that important, I suppose but it kinda sticks in my craw!! lol

Johnny Alien
07-14-2017, 04:47 PM
That is my main beef. The mist is not just carrying monsters but it somehow makes people go crazy. And the bugs going in and giving that guy wings is way out in left field and honestly not even cool in a horror sense. I will give it some time but the pace is slow the acting and directing is second tier and it's way off the source material in a bad way.

St. Troy
07-14-2017, 06:37 PM
Better than UTD, sure, but I don't think the acting has been all that great; Eve, Alex and Gus stand out as weak links.

Also, I didn't find it all believable that

...everyone at the mall immediately agreed to a lottery to choose someone to investigate the administrative wing - they had only been there a few hours, no hunger or true panic yet, and they're ready to be told to court death that way? Not buying it at all.

Also not buying that Eve accepts being chosen; she's there with her daughter and is ok with leaving her (possibly forever), especially after the recent assault? No way.

I also couldn't buy the idea that Eve would flee, and then kill, the Arrowhead soldier who accompanied her to the admin wing. Rattled by his gun and immediate purposeful communication over the comm equipment? Absolutely. Ready to run from him and possibly into the arms of a spectacularly messy and unpleasant death? Hell no. At that point, a secret agenda-driven, armed, in-the-know soldier (human, I might add) is someone you very much want on your side.

In fiction, we all have our thresholds where believability fades. I don't think mine are all that illogical, but then that's me.

Having said all that, I'm still sticking with it for now.

firemonkey66
07-14-2017, 06:47 PM
Episode 4 certainly ended anticlimactically.

This interpretation of the mist is pretty lame, but I'm watching it because it's not the usual crap that's on TV. It's like how I watch Fear the Walking Dead, not because it's good, but because there's zombies in it, so what the hell.

Merlin1958
07-15-2017, 02:12 PM
That is my main beef. The mist is not just carrying monsters but it somehow makes people go crazy. And the bugs going in and giving that guy wings is way out in left field and honestly not even cool in a horror sense. I will give it some time but the pace is slow the acting and directing is second tier and it's way off the source material in a bad way.

You know, after watching the last episode I was thinking the exact same thing. I'm not sure I like the direction they seem to be going in with regard to the Mist being more "supernatural" than "Sci-Fi" if you know what I mean. Like you, I'll probably stick out the season, but I think this is a big mistake.

RichardX
07-15-2017, 05:22 PM
This show is in a death spiral. Hopefully they don't prolong the agony with a second season which would be brutal. I have learned something from this show. If you ever hang yourself at the mall, security will randomly select a high school kid to cut your body down. So it hasn't been a complete waste of time.

NoAttitudeThisTime
07-16-2017, 09:36 AM
I felt that the actress playing the daughter was pretty good in the first two (or three) episodes, but when confronted by that monster in the recent episode, she didn't seem scared out of her wits and her behavior was off. Maybe it's intentional, since it's a mystery why she was spared. Still like it mucho, mucho better than UTD but I hope the pacing and some of the performances gets better. I don't mind the mystery of the mist, though

ICry4Oy
07-16-2017, 10:11 AM
You just know that weird "Children of the Corn" guy in the church is TROUBLE!

Bev Vincent
07-16-2017, 10:53 AM
I felt that the actress playing the daughter was pretty good in the first two (or three) episodes, but when confronted by that monster in the recent episode, she didn't seem scared out of her wits and her behavior was off. Maybe it's intentional, since it's a mystery why she was spared. Still like it mucho, mucho better than UTD but I hope the pacing and some of the performances gets better. I don't mind the mystery of the mist, though

I'm sorta hoping the daughter has been somehow compromised by the mist.

Merlin1958
07-21-2017, 03:12 PM
I really don't like the way the writing seems to be going on this. The Foreign Monsters/creatures were'net enough? Now, it appears the "Mist" itself is active? I'm very wary of another UTD. They should have stuck to the source material and changed perspectives, IMHO

Exploring the military angle would have been great without the new properties. JMHO

NoAttitudeThisTime
07-23-2017, 04:30 AM
Liked so much the first three episodes - the pilot really got me hooked. The last two episodes were lacking, especially the recent one which was close to being terrible. Except for the end with all the leeches. Stand By Me Gone Loco! The kissing scene in the bathroom...I hope there's a reason and a meaning, except for just trying to make daring TV. I hope the show picks up speed in the next episode. It does not deserve to be another UTD

RichardX
07-23-2017, 07:00 AM
Can anyone explain why they needed to take that guy to the ER to remove the pipe? The only thing in the ER appeared to be a staple gun and some bandages. Not a great trade-off for not having a doctor. I learned another important survival skill from this episode. If someone removes a pipe-like object from your liver and it starts to bleed like a mother, then the doctor's advice is to "put more gauze on it." LOL. That may have unintentionally been the funniest scene that I've seen in a long time.

St. Troy
07-23-2017, 01:05 PM
Exploring the military angle would have been great without the new properties.

Indeed.

Can anyone explain why they needed to take that guy to the ER to remove the pipe? The only thing in the ER appeared to be a staple gun and some bandages. Not a great trade-off for not having a doctor.

This was another example of something we've seen more than once on this show: something interesting hints at the possible development of a situation from which maybe we'll learn a bit more and/or something interesting will happen, and then...not much. I guess the buildup there was to the

mass of slugs

...but even that seemed pretty underwhelming.

For me, there's waaaaaay too much personal interest/personal backstory stuff and nowhere near enough mist action/mist backstory. We're halfway through the season and we still don't know shit about Arrowhead. I don't care about past relationships! I don't care about love triangles (or whatever the hell they were hinting at)! I don't care about repressed sexuality! Good God - are they under direct threat of immediate harm or not? It feels like a lot of padding, for the purpose of leaving a reason for a future season...but I don't want a horror soap opera.

Still with it for now, but it really is starting to feel like I'm throwing good time after bad, trying to make good on an investment of time that I can't undo.

Merlin1958
07-24-2017, 05:09 PM
Exploring the military angle would have been great without the new properties.

Indeed.

Can anyone explain why they needed to take that guy to the ER to remove the pipe? The only thing in the ER appeared to be a staple gun and some bandages. Not a great trade-off for not having a doctor.

This was another example of something we've seen more than once on this show: something interesting hints at the possible development of a situation from which maybe we'll learn a bit more and/or something interesting will happen, and then...not much. I guess the buildup there was to the

mass of slugs

...but even that seemed pretty underwhelming.

For me, there's waaaaaay too much personal interest/personal backstory stuff and nowhere near enough mist action/mist backstory. We're halfway through the season and we still don't know shit about Arrowhead. I don't care about past relationships! I don't care about love triangles (or whatever the hell they were hinting at)! I don't care about repressed sexuality! Good God - are they under direct threat of immediate harm or not? It feels like a lot of padding, for the purpose of leaving a reason for a future season...but I don't want a horror soap opera.

Still with it for now, but it really is starting to feel like I'm throwing good time after bad, trying to make good on an investment of time that I can't undo.

I'd agree to a large degree. Seems to me that the original story left plenty of room for a series to explore different aspects/angles without enhancing the original premise or, revisiting topics dealt with in the original (religeon i.e.).

Ricky
07-24-2017, 05:41 PM
I'm getting to be like you guys. I enjoyed the first couple episodes, but now I'm getting to the point of "Let's start having things happen."

One really big issue I have with the show is that Kevin's group CONSTANTLY goes out into the mist and they get off without a scratch. In the movie and novella, going out into the mist was the big climax, the last-ditch effort to escape and find what's out there. Now that they keep doing it, it's kind of weakening the stakes.

And I thought they'd be doing a lot of Arrowhead stuff with this series, but now it looks like that's not the case. The mist has...weird ghost images in it?

Merlin1958
07-24-2017, 05:45 PM
I'm getting to be like you guys. I enjoyed the first couple episodes, but now I'm getting to the point of "Let's start having things happen."

One really big issue I have with the show is that Kevin's group CONSTANTLY goes out into the mist and they get off without a scratch. In the movie and novella, going out into the mist was the big climax, the last-ditch effort to escape and find what's out there. Now that they keep doing it, it's kind of weakening the stakes.

And I thought they'd be doing a lot of Arrowhead stuff with this series, but now it looks like that's not the case. The mist has...weird ghost images in it?

Spot on!!! Tell me about it!!! At least the title screen now references a "Story by Stephen King"!!! lol

St. Troy
07-24-2017, 06:42 PM

The Arrowhead angle is so rich with unexplored possibilities; how does someone adapt The Mist and leave that alone? When the soldier volunteered to accompany Eve in an early episode, I thought, "here we go!", but they just left it there.

Ricky
07-25-2017, 07:36 AM
And it really bothers me that the opening credits say it's based on "the novel by Stephen King." Not a novel! Novella! <_<

Bev Vincent
07-25-2017, 08:26 AM
And it really bothers me that the opening credits say it's based on "the novel by Stephen King." Not a novel! Novella! <_<

At over 50,000 words, most venues would consider it a novel. If it were submitted for a Nebula Award, for example, it would end up in the novel category (> 40,000 words)

St. Troy
07-25-2017, 08:30 AM
Has The Mist ever seen stand-alone release?

Bev Vincent
07-25-2017, 08:41 AM

Yes -- it was a movie tie-in mass market paperback.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41N7DBBZsfL._SX292_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

mae
07-25-2017, 08:54 AM
Says novella right on the cover.

St. Troy
07-25-2017, 09:00 AM
I know the definitions of novel and novella aren't hard and fast, but might it be considered a novel by virtue of having a standalone publication?

Bev Vincent
07-25-2017, 09:42 AM
It is whatever people choose to call it. If someone wants to call it a novel because it fits that category, so be it. If someone else wants to call it a novella...yup, okay. The TV people decided to call it a novel -- probably because the term "novella" isn't necessarily familiar to all viewers.

Ricky
07-25-2017, 01:24 PM
At over 50,000 words, most venues would consider it a novel. If it were submitted for a Nebula Award, for example, it would end up in the novel category (> 40,000 words)

That's just alternative facts, Bev. ;)

Yes -- it was a movie tie-in mass market paperback.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41N7DBBZsfL._SX292_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Yup, that's the one I bought when the movie came out in 2007.

herbertwest
07-26-2017, 12:37 AM
In France, the novella THE MIST was released individually within an imprint with bigger typefont (and in 2 volumes) for people that suffer from eyesight issues.

webstar1000
07-26-2017, 01:31 AM
This is getting brutal... one more episode and I'm out if it doesn't get better!

jhanic
07-27-2017, 03:13 AM
Here are the movie tie-in paperbacks (US on the left, UK on the right):

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/719/The_Mist_PB_front.jpg

John

Bev Vincent
07-27-2017, 08:34 AM
All 10 episodes will be available on Netflix in the UK and Canada on August 25.

RichardX
07-27-2017, 01:13 PM
I noticed the authority figures are mostly portrayed as bad guys or cowards on the show so far. Or at least dubious characters. The cops, military, priest, mall security etc. While the teachers, writers, old folks are the good guys. My spidey senses are sensing a Hollywood political undertone. How long before we get the child or elderly black person with ESP who saves the world?

herbertwest
07-27-2017, 02:07 PM
I was told that it would in august as well for France, but didn't get any news since 2 months or so...
@Bev : would you happen to know? If not, I'd may ask my contact again

Bev Vincent
07-27-2017, 03:27 PM
I was told that it would in august as well for France, but didn't get any news since 2 months or so...

I don't know anything about other markets. I saw articles from the U.K. and Canada that gave this information.

herbertwest
07-28-2017, 12:19 AM

I don't know anything about other markets. I saw articles from the U.K. and Canada that gave this information.

And it will be the same for France ;-)

NoAttitudeThisTime
07-28-2017, 02:45 PM
The latest episode was far better than the previous two. Not fantastic, great, good, but just better. It picks up the speed and there's a few creepy scenes and a nice cliffhanger. At least for me. They do, however, need to show more and more of what the mist is and is capable of. Okay, so it's not the type of monsters as in the novella/movie version, it's nature being...hmmm...unnatural. I will continue to watch but if they go back to the boring drama that episode 5 was, then I'm out. I'm not interested in soap opera with supernatural elements...that's what Haven (and in some ways) Under the Dome turned out to be.

Merlin1958
07-28-2017, 03:12 PM
The latest episode was far better than the previous two. Not fantastic, great, good, but just better. It picks up the speed and there's a few creepy scenes and a nice cliffhanger. At least for me. They do, however, need to show more and more of what the mist is and is capable of. Okay, so it's not the type of monsters as in the novella/movie version, it's nature being...hmmm...unnatural. I will continue to watch but if they go back to the boring drama that episode 5 was, then I'm out. I'm not interested in soap opera with supernatural elements...that's what Haven (and in some ways) Under the Dome turned out to be.

I dunno. I'm really not digging the way they seem to be going with the writing. BTW, they could really use some "writers" IMHO!!!

NoAttitudeThisTime
07-28-2017, 03:22 PM
I'm not overtly happy either, but have come to terms that they are going to do with it whatever they want and I can't stop them ;) I hope that they will surprise us with some nasty, dramatic collisions among the people in the mall and in the church. It's definitely building up to that. That's where the novella and movie version succeeds so well. But there's no real threat from the mist in this show (except it playing games with people's minds) and it's not a smart move to keep it so much in the distance. The ending of this latest episode reminded me just a tad of John Carpenter's The Fog and it gave me a slight chill...maybe just because I love that movie so much. If this show becomes a horrible mess (some think it already is), then at least we will soon have Mr. Mercedes, It and The Dark Tower to make up for it, at least what King adaptations are concerned. I long for something good and I think these three will deliver, especially Mr. Mercedes and It

St. Troy
07-31-2017, 07:53 AM
I'm not interested in soap opera with supernatural elements...

I'd say that's pretty much what the whole season has been. I have remained with it because it hasn't sunk to UTD-like lows, I like Kevin (as a character; I get something other than soap opera from him), and I continue to feel like something truly interesting might be around the corner (I spent all of season 2 of Wayward Pines suffering that experience). Anyway, 7 episodes in, I shouldn't still be waiting for certain things to happen (and no, I don't count

the mass of slugs

as a payoff.

Still, I'm far enough in now that I'll finish the season no matter how bad it gets.

Did anyone else think that the scene in which

Mia saw her mother and the phrase "welcome home, baby doll" written on the wall

...had a very "I'm going to try to write something like SK himself would write!" feel to it? A bit clumsy; not great.

St. Troy
07-31-2017, 08:19 AM
I noticed the authority figures are mostly portrayed as bad guys or cowards on the show so far. Or at least dubious characters. The cops, military, priest, mall security etc. While the teachers, writers, old folks are the good guys. My spidey senses are sensing a Hollywood political undertone. How long before we get the child or elderly black person with ESP who saves the world?

Some fiction (definitely including SK himself, many times) definitely proceeds from an "if we had no generals, we'd have no wars" basis.

I don't know about message (intentional or otherwise) in this case, but I do think writers/filmmakers often have an ax to grind. The thing is, the same type of thing, if done well, can be a meaningful (and apolitical) examination of the limits of human organization: given a large enough crisis, every structure of authority fails, contingencies that can't be planned for arise, the best (so to speak) among us are revealed as being human after all - and doesn't that sound better than just repeating the intellectually vacant "everyone who pulls me over or wanted to wear a badge in the first place is a Nazi" viewpoint?

Not that I see anything this high-falutin' or complex in this incarnation of The Mist, but then, I haven't really had my mind on it (I could write a thesis on the things I see in Salem's Lot, however). In The Mist, I just see a bunch of people who are understandably in over their heads - I mean, who goes to work expecting the apocalypse? Well, maybe Father Romanov, but then that's why he's one of the few who just gets to work processing events through his very definite worldview.

ICry4Oy
08-11-2017, 08:38 AM
Didn't see THAT coming!

Bev Vincent
08-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Didn't see THAT coming!

You mean about the rapist? I guessed that in the first episode.

ICry4Oy
08-11-2017, 09:33 AM
Didn't see THAT coming!

That too, kinda...

I always knew the cute preppy guy didn't do it, not really sure who did. But didn't see the psycho side of the gay kid.

I didn't see the old lady in the church turning out to be the evil bitch she is now. I was always afraid of the Xian fanatics, not the old hippie. Turns out she is just stone cold evil.

Glad the bitch in the mall got it but now they'll go after the mom thanks to the chicken-shit mall manager guy.

Bev Vincent
08-11-2017, 10:00 AM
That too, kinda...

I always knew the cute preppy guy didn't do it, not really sure who did. But didn't see the psycho side of the gay kid.

I didn't see the old lady in the church turning out to be the evil bitch she is now. I was always afraid of the Xian fanatics, not the old hippie. Turns out she is just stone cold evil.

Glad the bitch in the mall got it but now they'll go after the mom thanks to the chicken-shit mall manager guy.

I've seen next week's episode -- one character does something truly evil, and I'm not sure I bought it. But everyone is headed for the mall, so the finale should be interesting.

Merlin1958
08-12-2017, 04:13 PM
I may as well stick around for the finale, but I am disappointed so far...........

webstar1000
08-14-2017, 03:56 AM
Stopped watching. My time is valuable and this show is not:(

herbertwest
08-15-2017, 08:05 AM
Didn't see THAT coming!

That too, kinda...

[/quote]

xcxwcxc

Frankly, those 2 things were obvious from episod 1... the rapist is very likely her "gay" friend"]

Bev Vincent
08-22-2017, 10:44 AM
The finale has a lot of stuff going on, including a couple of WTF moments, but all in all I thought it was good. They're straying a bit into Walking Dead territory, perhaps, but I'll probably come back for Season 2 if it is renewed.

According to Bloody Disgusting, Netflix will stream the first season starting this Friday, the day after the finale.

burial
08-23-2017, 10:51 AM
Sorry, but this series is sooo bad... I feel pain watching it!

Iwritecode
08-23-2017, 11:05 AM
I have all the episodes recorded on my DVR. I watched the first 10 - 15 minutes of episode 1 when it premiered but didn't have time to finish it. Now after reading the comments here, I'm almost scared to watch the rest of it.

I remember struggling through Under the Dome mostly out of morbid curiosity as well as being a bit of a completionist. So I know if I start watching this show, I'll absolutely have to finish it. Even if it's really bad.

Ricky
08-23-2017, 02:41 PM
It's not abysmal in that it's unwatchable, but it does leave a lot to be desired. Especially with the great treasure trove of source material they seem to be completely ignoring. It's currently my show when I want to watch something that doesn't require much thought. It's definitely popcorn entertainment.

Merlin1958
08-23-2017, 02:43 PM
It's not abysmal in that it's unwatchable, but it does leave a lot to be desired. Especially with the great treasure trove of source material they seem to be completely ignoring. It's currently my show when I want to watch something that doesn't require much thought. It's definitely popcorn entertainment.

Exactly. They had so much more to work with in the source material and then they just went off the tracks!!!

Ricky
08-26-2017, 06:00 PM
Just watched the finale. The really need to get their mythology ducks in a row. One minute you can't go into the mist because it'll wrap itself around you and slink down your throat, and the next you can safely spend hours walking around outside in it. Seriously? :arg:

Also, am I right in inferring that Nathalie's dead husband giving her a baby was the mist's way of "claiming" her?

Brainslinger
08-27-2017, 09:54 AM

My take on that scene was that she just gave up. She'd been through a lot by then. Just when she has dug herself out of her put off self pity by taking that little girl under her wing, this go tragically wrong and the little girl doies rather horribly. So shes numb with shock (akin to the true shell-shock soldiers suffer in war) and despair and when they are threatened by the mist beast, she just let's go.

Ironically I think her emotional state (or actually her lack of emotions) might have saved her life. She just wasn't a tasty morsel at that point.

I just finished the series recently. It's rather different from the novella, and it's doing its own thing with the mist, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. There were some interesting character twists. It has its issues*, but I look forward to series two.

* I thought the part where Mrs Raven and those of her disciples who decided to leave the church and burn it down with the remaining congregation remaining inside was rather out of character and seemed to thus be shock for shocking sake. She is traumatised and has lost herself in a strange religious mania, and but I didn't t really see her as needlessly cruel or evil at heart. Even if she is so insane as to do that, her followers were not that far gone.

Bev Vincent
08-27-2017, 11:49 AM
Yeah, I had a problem with that, too--and then with what the sheriff did after they left, in the sewers.

Brainslinger
08-27-2017, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I had a problem with that, too--and then with what the sheriff did after they left, in the sewers.

I agree. Actually that Sheriff seemed all over the place, morally speaking. I understand he was introduced as a bit ambiguous from the start (which is fine. Such characters can be very interesting,) but the extremity was a bit much.

St. Troy
08-31-2017, 12:12 PM
Man, that was a tough season of TV to watch. Not UTD-level bad, but not good.

Problems? Let's see; how much time do I have?

When Jay...

...just pops up in the mist to save Alex, that was super cheesy. And when the mist then took him (ooh! a sacrifice! boy, the accusers were wrong about him!), that took the cheese factor to the next level.

The revelation that...

Adrian raped Alex and had issues

...could have been interesting had it been part of an otherwise decent season, but it was too little, too late.

Speaking of revelations, when we learned that...

...someone was sending people there to feed it, that could've worked in another context, but here it just feels like a tacked on bit to try to suck us in for season 2, and also - how did the powers that be (whoever sent the train) have time to reach the conclusion that they couldn't fight whatever lived in the mist and then set up the logistics behind a feeding system? Unless Arrowhead was planning this all along, but then they spent none of the available time on exploring that, so screw the viewers, right?

I initially was glad that so many characters

...died near the end, because it cleared the decks of a number of dumb subplots, but then I realized that this was a convenient way to avoid having to resolve those subplots through effective writing and reset for a second season.

...the great treasure trove of source material they seem to be completely ignoring.

...this is what's so tragic about it.

Merlin1958
09-02-2017, 01:29 PM
I know it may be cheesy to say, but the total lack of "Todash" monsters really didn't work for me. That and the entire "Mist" as a character thing. I believe I am gone, but we shall see. I may give it a couple episodes next season in hope. lol

mattgreenbean
09-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Gonna watch the finale tonight. I purposefully avoided this thread because I didn't want to be discouraged from watching the show. Kevin has been the only character that I enjoyed watching. I don't like any of the other actors or story lines. It would be awesome to recut the entire show down to just his story for like a 2 hr movie. So if anyone has that ability and time, get right on that.

mattgreenbean
09-14-2017, 06:46 PM
I'm glad I held on for the conclusion. The series had it's ups and downs, but many shows do. I thought the finale was pretty strong and gratifying. I will gladly spend next summer watching this again.
Hopefully the next season will stick to just Kevin and his crew and not follow some other new group. Although I suppose Jonah will have a story line with Arrowhead that could be interesting.

Ben Staad
09-15-2017, 05:35 AM
I had to bail on the show. It didn't have that "it" factor for me. Never could put my finger on it but this just didn't hold my attention.

St. Troy
09-15-2017, 10:10 AM
Hopefully the next season will stick to just Kevin and his crew and not follow some other new group. Although I suppose Jonah will have a story line with Arrowhead that could be interesting.

I agree that Kevin was the best character, but as for Jonah/Arrowhead, they should have at least begun exploring that in season 1, and the willingness to ignore that tells me they wanted to make a soap opera instead of what I wanted.

If there's a season 2, I will give it a giant middle finger, while hoping my curiosity doesn't make me watch anyway.

Merlin1958
09-16-2017, 07:26 AM

I agree that Kevin was the best character, but as for Jonah/Arrowhead, they should have at least begun exploring that in season 1, and the willingness to ignore that tells me they wanted to make a soap opera instead of what I wanted.

If there's a season 2, I will give it a giant middle finger, while hoping my curiosity doesn't make me watch anyway.

Yeah, I'll give it a look see next year, but not much!!!

Merlin1958
09-16-2017, 07:27 AM

Yeah, I'll give it a look see next year, but not much!!!

mae
09-27-2017, 04:09 PM
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mist-canceled-at-spike-one-season-1043805

It's one and done for Spike TV's The Mist.

The Viacom-owned cable network has canceled the freshman drama based on the Stephen King novella.

Picked up straight to series in April 2016 as part of Spike's push to re-enter the original scripted space, the drama starring Morgan Spector and Frances Conroy launched in late June to solid sampling, drawing 1.2 million viewers to the premiere with live-plus-three-day Nielsen returns. However, the rest of The Mist's run could barely draw 800,000 viewers — even with DVR. Among adults 18-49, the show couldn't even crack cable's top 30 scripted series.

The Mist, produced by The Weinstein Co./Dimension TV, marked Spike's return to scripted after scrapping previous efforts including Red Mars and the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced drama Harvest, both of which were picked up straight to series.

The decision to cancel The Mist comes as Spike is set to be rebranded as Paramount Network in January as part of a larger plan to reinvigorate corporate parent Viacom.

Spike/Paramount Network president Kevin Kay told The Hollywood Reporter in March that The Mist had the potential to move to Paramount Network with a second season if the first run performed well. Instead, Paramount Network will launch with a mix of high-end scripted including The Weinstein Co.-produced Taylor Sheridan drama Yellowstone and miniseries Waco, as well as TV Land-developed entries American Woman and Heathers.

Ricky
09-28-2017, 08:20 AM
Maybe that will teach them not to ignore the source material. :arg:

St. Troy
09-28-2017, 08:34 AM
Maybe, in 10 or 20 years, someone will see the value in telling us what's going on in Arrowhead...

Brian861
10-03-2017, 04:58 AM
Well, so much for that..... I watched 5 episodes and was pretty much done. Next!

Ben Staad
10-03-2017, 09:32 AM
What really happened to the source material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1cm0QJ9MSo

Maybe that will teach them not to ignore the source material. :arg:

Maybe, in 10 or 20 years, someone will see the value in telling us what's going on in Arrowhead...

Well, so much for that..... I watched 5 episodes and was pretty much done. Next!

RichardX
10-04-2017, 05:46 AM
A truly awful show. Every character was unlikeable and boring. It is an act of mercy to cancel it. If they had shown this mess to prisoners, they would have a good claim that watching it constituted cruel and unusual punishment.

St. Troy
10-04-2017, 08:38 AM
A truly awful show. Every character was unlikeable and boring. It is an act of mercy to cancel it. If they had shown this mess to prisoners, they would have a good claim that watching it constituted cruel and unusual punishment.

I don't remember anyone mentioning Friends...

webstar1000
10-04-2017, 10:54 AM

I don't remember anyone mentioning Friends...

ahhhh... Friends is a classic!

amd013
10-10-2017, 03:38 PM

I was only half watching the episode as I was starting to give up on the show. When I saw what he did, I thought WTF. I then realized there was only 1 character in the show I mildly cared about, so I stopped the episode right there and then deleted it, and removed it from my list of shows to DVR. I can't think of another instance where I became feed up with a show mid episode.

I kinda thought the writers would want us to sympathize with the girls mother, but I was getting very annoyed by her. The daughter too for that matter.

At least Mr. Mercedes seems to be pretty good so far. (probably 2 episodes behind by now, due to insane work schedule).

mae
10-24-2017, 01:04 PM
The Mist is now on Netflix: http://www.netflix.com/title/80135414

If you dare.

Brian861
10-24-2017, 03:05 PM
The Mist is now on Netflix: http://www.netflix.com/title/80135414 If you dare.

Nice waste of server space.