PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers!--How do you feel about them?

Matt
01-06-2008, 06:18 PM
I heard somewhere that SK is not real keen on the idea of spoilers, its also come up in another thread so I thought I would start one of its own. :cowboy:

Personally, I don't get too worked up about them. I heard about major plot issues in the last HP books but it was really about the journey. The "how" and the "why" whatever happened...happened. :D

I must say though, I was spoiled on the 6th book of HP and basically kept my eyes closed here and elsewhere to make sure I didn't hear anything, but that was an odd feeling I felt for the first time on that book.

I was also lucky enough not to have any on the DT series.

but that begs the question:

Is it the members (reader, viewer, listener) responsibility to avoid them? Or would it be the mediums responsibility to make sure they do not appear?

So what do you think?

NeedfulKings
01-06-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't like them. They can also be categorized as "minor" and "major" spoilers. I read a book differently, if I am expecting something to happen.

It's inevitable that a site of this magnitude will have spoilers--I hold the author of each post responsible if they leak a spoiler.

As a rule, I try to avoid areas where I might be spoiled. Having just started the HP series...I'm scared. :P

William50
01-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I really hate spoilers. On other sites (this one is great) I will be reading something and the next thing I know, a book is ruined for me. Spoilers suck!

sarah
01-06-2008, 06:48 PM
spoilers make me real nervous when I'm super excited about something.

Example: harry potter. I was so excited about book seven that i stayed away from all the harry potter threads and sites just incase someone let something slip. I wanted to go in blind.

I also hate all Lost spoilers. I want to know nothing!

I don't mind spoilers when it is something that i don't care too much about.

Matt
01-06-2008, 08:11 PM
I was thinking about it more and I'm the same way I guess. I'm not too concerned about something like the end of AVP-R, but a major book like HP or DT, probably a little more weary.

Jean
01-07-2008, 02:11 AM
as a private ursine, I don't mind spoilers at all.

1. If I like a book, I will read it a lot of times (will that mean that I read a "spoiled" book every time except the very first one?). If I don't like it, I just don't care.

2. I certainly do not read books to know what events it contains. Events are for me of third-, or maybe ten-rate importance. However hard anyone tries, they can't spoil the way a book is written or characters develop or their talks or what happens inside their souls.

3. All major plays by Shakespeare are hopelessly spoiled for everyone since their childhood. I bet everyone knew how it all ended with Romeo and Juliet long before they actually read it. Does it make the plays worse in any way, or less interesting to read?

4. If there's a movie version of a book, which spoils which? You can't read and watch at the same time. I think it exposes the concept of spoilers as absurd.

As a member of staff, I will fight tooth and nail claw for spoilers being properly marked as long as there is one person on earth for whom they matters.

Brice
01-07-2008, 03:42 AM
I am totally indifferent to spoilers. Noone or nothing can spoil a book or movie for me.

Brice
01-07-2008, 03:44 AM
3. All major plays by Shakespeare are hopelessly spoiled for everyone since their childhood. I bet everyone knew how it all ended with Romeo and Juliet long before they actually read it.

So... how did it end? And who is this Shapespeare guy you speak of?

jayson
01-07-2008, 03:59 AM
I try to avoid them, but if I come across one I try not to let it affect me. With books this is much simpler, and I think everybody at this site does a good job of keeping others aware of when they are coming. With TV/movies this is not so easy. People see things before me and they talk. Since I can't just tell everyone around me to shut the hell up, I just deal with it. Knowing what happens and knowing how it happens and experiencing it in context are two vastly different things.

Mike Beck
01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
i'm addicted to spoilers about things that I like. i don't necessarily like them, and in my most stable frame of mind I know that it's usually better to avoid them and go into the story with nothing on the plate.

but it's like drugs for me. especially when i've been waiting a looong time for something to come back(i.e. lost, heroes). i just like to know little things.

NeedfulKings
01-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I think that re-reading a book or seeing a movie over and over again is different than having the initial read spoiled. I just read things in a different frame of mind when I know a major plot spoiler.

BTW, Stephen King is the "king" of subtle spoilers in his books and I love it. He'll tell you straight up that something's going to happen. Even then, I don't believe him until it DOES happen. I just caught one of those in Dreamcatcher. :D

Wuducynn
01-07-2008, 12:40 PM
I voted "It's my responsibility to avoid them". While I dislike them and I feel its simple politeness to try and watch posting them, it really should be on the person who hasn't read the book or series to be watching for them.'
Thats why I don't think there should be a "spoiler policy", except "reader beware".

jayson
01-07-2008, 12:41 PM
BTW, Stephen King is the "king" of subtle spoilers in his books and I love it. He'll tell you straight up that something's going to happen. Even then, I don't believe him until it DOES happen. I just caught one of those in Dreamcatcher. :D

You're right on there Needful. If you read King carefully enough you should know a lot of what will happen before it happens. He casts a large foreshadow if you will. Like you, I love that about his writing.

fernandito
01-07-2008, 05:17 PM
I think that re-reading a book or seeing a movie over and over again is different than having the initial read spoiled. I just read things in a different frame of mind when I know a major plot spoiler.

I second this.

I don't think that marking spoilers should be a 'responsibility', it's just curteous (sp?) to do so. I wouldn't want someone spoiling something for me that I'm planning on/or currently reading, so I try not to do the same. Obviously, no one is perfect and one might let something slip while caught up in the momentum of a conversation, but on a general basis I try to mark a spoiler whenever I feel it is proper to do so.

Ruthful
01-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm not as extreme as Stephen King, re: spoilers, but I do see his point.

On this one I'm going to agree with Jean.

There's really nothing to "spoil" in a great work of fiction.

I remember coming across an Amazon interview of King in the aftermath of the publication of the final three books, and was kind of annoyed when I realized that I had just, inadvertantly, discovered how The Wastelands ended. Then I realized how silly my initial reaction was, because it had been seven or eight years since I purchased that book.

Telynn
01-07-2008, 06:00 PM
I think you should be careful about spoilers in general type threads, but if the title of the thread says something like "Spoilers, don't read if you haven't seen/read this!!" then I don't think the people in that thread should feel like they have to go the trouble to hide certain things. A thread like that is made just so people can discuss stuff that others would consider spoilers without the hassle. Just my two cents.

William50
01-07-2008, 06:04 PM
I think that anyone who is careless enough to miss "spoilers" before a thread is not worthy of this site.

Heather19
01-07-2008, 06:13 PM
I hate spoilers, whether it be for books, movies, tv, or whatever. I prefer to know very little before hand, aside from the basic premise. I won't even read reviews for movies before I go to see them, because they give away too much info on what's going to happen. I like the surprise of not knowing where it's going until you actually read it or see it.

Erin
01-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Like Mike Beck, I actively seek out spoilers for things i'm interested in, especially regarding Lost. I just can't help myself, i'm terribly impatient. :lol:

OchrisO
01-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Erin used to get annoyed with me when I wouldn't tell her stuff about something that she was reading that I had already read, like Sandman and The Sword of Truth series. I'd usually just say something like "Keep reading and you'll find out."

Erin
01-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Guilty as charged. :D

Letti
01-09-2008, 12:52 AM
Spoilers are quite complex problems. I think it's everyone's responsbility to mark them and not to use them if that's not the right place.

Not long time ago I bought a book (Kafka - the Trial) and on the back of the book there was a short decriptioin about the book and there you could read after the 2 second sentence what the end the book is. Damnit...
I felt so... I wanted to beat the one who wrote it and who let it be printed on the back of the very book. Simply incredible.

Jean
01-09-2008, 02:18 AM
Like Mike Beck, I actively seek out spoilers for things i'm interested in, especially regarding Lost. I just can't help myself, i'm terribly impatient.

I don't know if it qualifies as seeking out spoilers, but I always (like Harry from When Harry Met Sally) look at the last page of the book to see how it all ended. Even detectives are more interesting to read when you know the murderer.

Nikolett: I can assure you they didn't really spoil anything. If you eventually read The Trial, you must have noticed the events were not what it all was about.

Letti
01-09-2008, 02:26 AM
I saw the movie before it so it didn't tell me anything new but I felt sorry for the ones who had met a damn big spoiler that stupid way.

Old Man Splitfoot
01-09-2008, 02:50 AM
I hate them. The discovery of the whole story is one of my favorite parts of the book reading process. Since I read so much faster and more often than my brother, but we share the same interests, I almost always end up reading books and comics first, and he'll come along and ask me to spoil it for him, but I never do. I just kind of give him a stern look and ask if he really wants me to spoil it, and he always curses at me and says no, not really.

Back when Song of Susannah was not yet published, some thread on TheDarkTower.net listed a bunch of "predictions" that must have come from an ARC, because they were straight up spoilers. Pissed me off. The whole time I read the book, which I beleive had some pretty crazy plot twists, none of it blew me away. I just kind of nodded, turned the page, and didn't feel it hit me as hard. So you can bet I avoided that site like Captain Trips till well after I'd finished book seven.

Brice
01-09-2008, 06:50 AM
As I said I'm indifferent about spoilers, but this is what happened after the sixth HP book came out. My little brother had read it and I hadn't. For some reason I decided I wanted him to tell me something from the end of the book while I was reading it...maybe it was who died. He argued and said he wouldn't tell me...this went on for a while. Finally he agreed to tell me. Well, I got to the end and the little bastard had lied. :lol: I was pissed. :rofl:

Darkthoughts
01-09-2008, 06:58 AM
:rofl: I like his style!!

Brice
01-09-2008, 08:14 AM
I didn't. <_<

:lol:

jayson
01-09-2008, 08:21 AM
As I said I'm indifferent about spoilers, but this is what happened after the sixth HP book came out. My little brother had read it and I hadn't. For some reason I decided I wanted him to tell me something from the end of the book while I was reading it...maybe it was who died. He argued and said he wouldn't tell me...this went on for a while. Finally he agreed to tell me. Well, I got to the end and the little bastard had lied. :lol: I was pissed. :rofl:

Fake spoilers, I LOVE it!

Letti
01-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Oh, your little brother rocks Brice. I kiss him. :lol: (I used to do the some now the people don't ask me anymore. But my answers are so incredible and stupid it's obvious I'm just kidding.)

Brice
01-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Oh, your little brother rocks Brice. I kiss him. :lol: (I used to do the some now the people don't ask me anymore. But my answers are so incredible and stupid it's obvious I'm just kidding.)

:couple:

He is now a member here. :)

I am still pissed. :angry:

No, I'm not. :)

Yes, I am. :onfire:

Maybe. :lol:

Jean
01-09-2008, 09:33 AM
is that Adumbros?

Brice
01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Yes, it is, Jean. :)

Adumbros
01-09-2008, 09:39 AM
well holy shit. you have been(to make a horrible gen-x pun) cyber-punk'd!

Brice
01-09-2008, 09:42 AM
well holy shit. you have been(to make a horrible gen-x pun) cyber-punk'd!

?????

I must be to old to get this. :lol:

Adumbros
01-09-2008, 09:44 AM
punk'd= ashton kutcher show where he makes genuine jackasses of people by playing over-the-top and very public practical jokes on them.

cyberpunk= one of the many derogatory terms with which gen-x has been labeled.

cyberpunk'd= ...well, you get the connection.

jayson
01-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Welcome Adumbros. I already like you for the fake spoiler gag on your brother.

Adumbros
01-09-2008, 09:51 AM
he most assuredly did NOT like it. as i recall, the motherfucker ditched me some two hours away from home. :rofl:

back on topic...

personally, i think the spoiler, at least to a limited degree, is part of american pop culture. i mean, think about it. before you go to see a movie, you either a)catch a preview, or b)ask a friend who's seen it, right? same with books. you don't buy a new book unless you have some idea that something about it is gonna catch your fancy. yes, a spoiler that gives straight up plot leaks is worthy of a good old fashioned slap in the face with a particular appendage of the male anatomy. but as far as, "hey dude, you're never gonna believe it, but one of the MAIN CHARACTERS dies in this one, dude!" well hell as long as no one tells you *ahem* WHICH ONE, BRICE!!!!!!!!~, then i don't see any harm done. it actually adds to the excitement, because you're flipping frantically through the pages trying to get to that scene so you can find out who and how.

Brice
01-09-2008, 09:54 AM
*ahem* I'd have still been happier if you'd have just told me Jason.

jayson
01-09-2008, 09:54 AM
personally, i think the spoiler, at least to a limited degree, is part of american pop culture. i mean, think about it. before you go to see a movie, you either a)catch a preview, or b)ask a friend who's seen it, right?

Excellent point. There are very few things I watch/read that I don't have some idea of what is going to happen in advance. None of these things ever replace experiencing the events in their actual context for the first time.

Brice
01-09-2008, 09:56 AM
If someone asks me what happens in a book or a film I will then believe they want to know the MAJOR ending plot details only. :evil:

Adumbros
01-09-2008, 09:59 AM

dude you flipped out over something trivial. you found out that a main character died, knew i had already read it, and hounded me about it like it was the end of the world as we know it. i cheesed the answer 'cause i knew it would've pissed you off if you knew it was dumbledore. and i only cheesed the answer because a)you refused to listen when i told you the answer would piss you off, and b)because i knew the real answer would piss you off.

Darkthoughts
01-09-2008, 10:01 AM
:lol: *grabs popcorn and a comfy chair*

Brice
01-09-2008, 10:03 AM

dude you flipped out over something trivial. you found out that a main character died, knew i had already read it, and hounded me about it like it was the end of the world as we know it. i cheesed the answer 'cause i knew it would've pissed you off if you knew it was dumbledore. and i only cheesed the answer because a)you refused to listen when i told you the answer would piss you off, and b)because i knew the real answer would piss you off.

Oh yeah, I realize you believe that, but I actually DID want to know and wouldn't have been mad at all.

jayson
01-09-2008, 10:03 AM
this is very entertaining... keep going, keep going...:cool:

Adumbros
01-09-2008, 10:04 AM
you should grab a seat DT. after all, regardless of your quote in his signature, the fact is, I'M the legend in the family. he's just a myth. :rofl:

Brice
01-09-2008, 10:04 AM
:lol: *grabs popcorn and a comfy chair*

Sorry Lisa, there isn't gonna' be a big screaming match. :cry:

Darkthoughts
01-09-2008, 10:05 AM
No, but your bro is quite awesomely sarcastic :lol:

:grouphug:

Brice
you should grab a seat DT. after all, regardless of your quote in his signature, the fact is, I'M the legend in the family. he's just a myth. :rofl:

legends needn't be boastful. ;)

Adumbros
well in that case remind me if i ever publish any of my set to NOT give you ANY spoilers whatsoever. last thing i need is you comin on my own website trashin me cuz i told you i'm killin' someone off but wouldn't say if it was todd or julie.

Brice
01-09-2008, 10:07 AM
No, but your bro is quite awesomely sarcastic :lol:

:grouphug:

Yes, I know. It really could be an interesting show if we both REALLY started. :D

Adumbros
i'm not boasting. i'm as realistic and sarcastic as william wallace. to wit:

"William Wallace is seven feet tall!"
"aye, and if he were here right now, he would rise and strike down the english, with fire from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his ass!"

Darkthoughts
:lol:

Adumbros
01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
it's actually kinda funny, 'cause in this rathole town i live in, i kinda am famous/legendary. when i first came back last year after four years away, i heard some dude call a kid the N word. his friend nudges him and goes, "yo, that there is the dude they called Tripp." so Mister N word goes, "bullshit. he'd have beat me within an inch of my life for sayin that word if he was. besides, wasn't dude like basketball height and football weight or somethin'?"

so i look at the little bastard and said, "that's the problem with legends. they never tell the whole truth. see, you're right, the N word pisses me off. but i would never waste my energy beating the everfuckin crap out of you over it. instead, i would do this:

"YO ALL MY HOMIES UP IN THE CUT, WHITE BOY JUST JUST DROPPED THE N-BOMB ON SPINNER!"
then i politely smiled, waved, and walked away to find a good front row seat to the beatdown.

Brice
01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
well in that case remind me if i ever publish any of my set to NOT give you ANY spoilers whatsoever. last thing i need is you comin on my own website trashin me cuz i told you i'm killin' someone off but wouldn't say if it was todd or julie.

I'd just steal your book and read it BEFORE it if you were getting published. :couple:

Adumbros
01-09-2008, 10:14 AM
i doubt i'll even bother honestly. at this point i'm so friggin fed up with the process...

Brice
01-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Meh, apathy will get you nowhere. If you think you've got something submit somewhere. :)

We should probably steer this back on topic.

Adumbros
01-09-2008, 10:21 AM
yeah well...here's a spoiler. i'm going to get my paycheck now. and i'm gonna cash it. and spend about 40 of it right away. then i'm gonna go to work at 4:30 and be there til about 11 o'clock tonite. there's a plot spoiler of my whole day for you. peace.

TerribleT
01-09-2008, 01:25 PM

:rofl:

Ruthful
01-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Spoilers are quite complex problems. I think it's everyone's responsbility to mark them and not to use them if that's not the right place.

Not long time ago I bought a book (Kafka - the Trial) and on the back of the book there was a short decriptioin about the book and there you could read after the 2 second sentence what the end the book is. Damnit...
I felt so... I wanted to beat the one who wrote it and who let it be printed on the back of the very book. Simply incredible.

The great thing about Kafka is that he was so prone to self-flagellation and self-scrutiny regarding his writing that he only completed one of his most ambitious works, so you can just fill in the details when you get to the denouement of one of his uncompleted novels.

I like to pretend that K. eventually strikes it rich and gets married to a hot fashion model from Prague, or perhaps Vienna.

:cool:

Erin
01-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Like Mike Beck, I actively seek out spoilers for things i'm interested in, especially regarding Lost. I just can't help myself, i'm terribly impatient.

I don't know if it qualifies as seeking out spoilers, but I always (like Harry from When Harry Met Sally) look at the last page of the book to see how it all ended. Even detectives are more interesting to read when you know the murderer.

:lol: The first thing I did when I got my copy of The Dark Tower was flip to the last couple pages to see what characters lived or died.

Letti
01-09-2008, 11:52 PM

:lol: The first thing I did when I got my copy of The Dark Tower was flip to the last couple pages to see what characters lived or died.

You two are incredible.

OchrisO
01-10-2008, 12:11 AM

This makes me die a little bit on the inside.

Daghain
01-10-2008, 09:21 PM
as a private ursine, I don't mind spoilers at all.

1. If I like a book, I will read it a lot of times (will that mean that I read a "spoiled" book every time except the very first one?). If I don't like it, I just don't care.

2. I certainly do not read books to know what events it contains. Events are for me of third-, or maybe ten-rate importance. However hard anyone tries, they can't spoil the way a book is written or characters develop or their talks or what happens inside their souls.

3. All major plays by Shakespeare are hopelessly spoiled for everyone since their childhood. I bet everyone knew how it all ended with Romeo and Juliet long before they actually read it. Does it make the plays worse in any way, or less interesting to read?

4. If there's a movie version of a book, which spoils which? You can't read and watch at the same time. I think it exposes the concept of spoilers as absurd.

As a member of staff, I will fight tooth and nail claw for spoilers being properly marked as long as there is one person on earth for whom they matters.

I think I love you. :D

I agree, spoilers don't ruin it for me. Okay, you know A killed B or whatever, but you can still read that particular passage and get a LOT out of it. I know a LOT of the HP 7 spoilers, but have not yet read the book. Doesn't bother me, I'll read it anyway, and I won't particularly care. The journey, reading the whole thing up to that point and after, is what is great. Okay, I know the basic spoiler, but how does the author write it? THAT is what I am interested in. :D

ETA: And I am TOTALLY one of those people who will flip to the last few pages of a book to try and figure out the ending. I still read the book, regardless. The only time I can honestly say I did NOT do it was DT7. Seriously. THE ONLY TIME.

You have NO IDEA how hard that was. :lol:

Erin
01-10-2008, 11:15 PM
And the only time I didn't do it was for HP7! We're like mirror twins or something. :couple:

Letti
01-11-2008, 12:03 AM
But did you do that with DT7???

Jon
01-11-2008, 12:40 AM
I enjoy NASCAR racing. I often have to tape a race and watch it the next day. Sometimes I will hear the winner's name on the radio. It doesn't bother me one bit as I want to see HOW they won. It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Jean
01-11-2008, 01:22 AM
I think I love you. :D
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_happy.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_happy.gif

jayson
01-11-2008, 04:45 AM
I enjoy NASCAR racing. I often have to tape a race and watch it the next day. Sometimes I will hear the winner's name on the radio. It doesn't bother me one bit as I want to see HOW they won. It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Jon, I am the same way with hockey. There are a lot of games I record bc I cannot watch when they are airing for some reason or another. Just because I know the outcome doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching the game and seeing how that outcome came to be.

TerribleT
01-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Jon, I am the same way with hockey. There are a lot of games I record bc I cannot watch when they are airing for some reason or another. Just because I know the outcome doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching the game and seeing how that outcome came to be.

Oh God, you're probably a fucking Redwings fan, aren't you?

jayson
01-11-2008, 09:43 AM

Oh God, you're probably a fucking Redwings fan, aren't you?

I'd smack you if I could reach you. How dare you say such a thing? I despise the Wings. Flyers fan. Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. Am I correct in guessing you are an Av's fan? If so you are lucky, you got to see my fav player ever in some of his finest moments, Mr. Patrick Roy.

TerribleT
01-11-2008, 09:51 AM
[quote=TerribleT;89899]
I'd smack you if I could reach you. How dare you say such a thing? I despise the Wings. Flyers fan. Yeah, yeah, laugh it up. Am I correct in guessing you are an Av's fan? If so you are lucky, you got to see my fav player ever in some of his finest moments, Mr. Patrick Roy.

Dude, you have GOT to stop agreeing with me. Yes Sir, I am an Avalanche fan, and I feel privaledged to have been allowed to watch the greatest goaltender in the history of the sport play on a nightly basis. The man is a legend. Now for the kicker, the Flyers are my "Eastern Conference" team :rofl: I gotta say, what fucking moron traded Forsberg for that fucking whiny ass little bitch Eric Lindros. But thank you, all the same.

jayson
01-11-2008, 09:53 AM
I gotta say, what fucking moron traded Forsberg for that fucking whiny ass little bitch Eric Lindros. But thank you, all the same.

Someone who almost made me change my mind about the death penalty. :lol:

Jean
01-11-2008, 11:07 AM
no way. I repeat: no way are you going to turn this thread into a football discussion

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_angry.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_angry.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_angry.gif

TerribleT
01-11-2008, 11:09 AM
hahahahaha, point taken, but it's hockey, not football :)

*carefully scratches the bear behind the ears, making sure the bear isn't irritated with him* :D

Jean
01-11-2008, 11:15 AM
bearpurrRRR

(all sports are perfectly alike for a bear)

and, Jon: the point itself was great. I don't know shit about sport, but even if the outcome of a game (where the whole intrigue seems to be revolving around "who will win") is nothing for a connoisseur comparing with the game itself, so much more true must it be for a book!

NeedfulKings
01-11-2008, 02:18 PM
I treat sports spoilers just like book spoilers. I still don't like them. Maybe I just need some sort of climax at the end of a book or football game and a surprise ending does that. I will re-read books, because I do fall in love with the stories and want to learn more about the characters. But, the first read is quite often the best for me.

Mattrick
01-14-2008, 02:06 AM
Spoilers can kill the point of seeing a movie or give you a different experience as everyone else. I heard about the twist ending to SAW before I watched it, still pissed about it.

If I don't care if it's spoiled, I'll read it. I just ask that they are clearly marked. It's one thing to let something small and generally inconsequential slip. Would people watch LOST if they knew the answers? I doubt it.

The worst (and most confusing) spoiler category is 'professional wrestling'. People spend time sifting through the internet trying to find some storyline or outcome that leaked through the gates. Then these people know what will happen, watch the show who's outcome they know, then complain it wasn't entertaining and predictable. Well, fucking duh.