PDA

View Full Version : Stephen King dates needed.

Randall Flagg
01-04-2008, 10:03 AM
I was hoping people could list dates and relevent information they find in any King book. These dates will be entered in the Calendar and appear at the bottom of the main Palaver page the day of the event.
I have already listed > 100 notations that are either King related (Birthday), or out of a King book.
Two examples:
January 20 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?s=&c=1&week=&month=1&year=2008) (Roadwork) This is a spoiler if you haven't read the book, but the book is over 30 years old, and the cover itself is a dead giveaway.
June 19 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/calendar.php?s=&c=1&week=&month=6&year=2008) (Click on the reference to King being struck)

We would prefer not to have dates that would spoil part of the Dark Tower for others, as well as anything that would spoil a recent King book.

Take a look at the Calendar and enjoy.
As dates are posted here, I will update the Calendar.

Thanks for any and all help.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-04-2008, 10:10 AM
I have the cd version of The Complete Guide to the Works of Stephen King which has a 'Timeline' with lots of dates. I can give you the pdf file of it if you want.

Randall Flagg
01-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Please do. I'll PM an e-mail.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-04-2008, 10:47 AM
2 files on their way.

wizardsrainbow
01-04-2008, 11:14 AM
Clever idea RF!

Matt
01-04-2008, 12:07 PM
**nods**

This is a really cool idea. Jerome already has a ton of stuff in there and I have really been enjoying all the info at the bottom on the screen everyday.

Randall Flagg
01-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Clever idea RF!

Thanks.
I would love to take all the credit, but it was Matt who put the Calendar up.
I will take credit for actually posting the dates as that is cumbersome and a bit time consuming.

Randall Flagg
01-05-2008, 04:59 AM
2 files on their way.

Received them. WOW! Lots of dates in there. Thanks. A quick glance shows most of the dates (out of thousands) are years and or month and year not specific to a day of the month, but there are still hundreds I will begin entering.

Bethany
01-05-2008, 08:36 AM
i would be glad to help if you want to send me some of the dates.