PDA

View Full Version : ROUND OVER! Short Story Battle Royale: Bracket Four, Round Three (8 stories)

Shannon
02-21-2013, 08:40 PM
128 short stories, one winner! Choose your favorite short story in each of the battles below. The winners will advance until we have one winner per bracket. There are four brackets. Those bracket winners will then face off against each other. The short story in each of the battles that gets five votes first wins, that's when voting for that battle will end. You can vote in all, some, or none of the battles, it's up to you. Have fun!

Bracket Four, Round Three

BATTLE OVER! 1. "A Very Tight Place" (5) vs. "Children of the Corn" (3)

BATTLE OVER! 2. "The Raft" (5) vs. "Chattery Teeth" (1)

BATTLE OVER! 3. "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan” (5) vs. "Night Surf" (3)

BATTLE OVER! 4. "The Mangler" (5) vs. "That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French" (0)

Shannon
02-21-2013, 08:40 PM
My picks:

1. "A Very Tight Place"
2. "Chattery Teeth"
3. "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan"
4. NONE

stkmw02
02-21-2013, 08:51 PM
1. "A Very Tight Place"

2. "The Raft"

3. "Night Surf"

4. "The Mangler"

biomieg
02-21-2013, 11:49 PM
1. "Children of the Corn"
2. "The Raft"
3. "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan”
4. "The Mangler"

Jimimck
02-22-2013, 12:04 AM
1. "A Very Tight Place" (2) vs. "Children of the Corn" (1) - children of the corn

2. "The Raft" (2) vs. "Chattery Teeth" (1) - the raft

3. "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan” (2) vs. "Night Surf" (1) - night surf

4. "The Mangler" (2) vs. "That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French" (0) - the mangler

Shannon
02-22-2013, 12:10 AM
Results updated.

Stockerlone
02-22-2013, 01:01 AM

1. "Children of the Corn" (2)

2. "The Raft"

4. "The Mangler"

BROWNINGS CHILDE
02-22-2013, 01:19 AM
1. A very tight place
2. The Raft
3. Lard Ass
4. The Mangler

Stebbins
02-22-2013, 05:55 AM
1. "A Very Tight Place" [very hard choice; best two remaining in this bracket IMO]

2. "The Raft"

3. "Night Surf" (2)

4. "That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French"

divemaster
02-22-2013, 06:31 AM

1. "A Very Tight Place" vs. "Children of the Corn"

2. "The Raft" vs. "Chattery Teeth"

3. "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan" vs. "Night Surf"

4. "The Mangler" vs. "That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French" (tough choice, as I loved both of these)

mae
02-22-2013, 06:32 AM

1. "A Very Tight Place" (2) vs. "Children of the Corn" (2)

2. "The Raft" (3) vs. "Chattery Teeth" (1)

3. "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan” (2) vs. "Night Surf" (2)

4. "The Mangler" (3) vs. "That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French" (0)

Votes bolded.

Coulrophobia
02-22-2013, 07:24 AM
1. "Children of the Corn"
2. "Chattery Teeth"
4. "That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French"

Shannon
02-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Bracket Four, Round Three is finished! The results are as follows:

1. "A Very Tight Place" (5) vs. "Children of the Corn" (3)
2. "The Raft" (5) vs. "Chattery Teeth" (1)
3. "The Revenge of Lard Ass Hogan” (5) vs. "Night Surf" (3)
4. "The Mangler" (5) vs. "That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French" (0)

Bracket Four, Round Four will begin shortly!

mae
02-22-2013, 07:41 AM
The Mangler over That Feeling? :cry:

divemaster
02-22-2013, 07:42 AM
If we were going to 10 votes, the results for 4 would look like:

4. "The Mangler" (5) vs. "That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French" (4)

It really didn't get schneidered 5-0.

Just sayin'

Shannon
02-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Yes, the battle royale is picking up momentum, but for a while there it took forever to even get five votes. Future rounds will be for ten votes.

Coulrophobia
02-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Is there was way in the title to say that the round/thread is over? I am getting a tad confused on what is open and what is closed which is why I never started playing from the start. Mind you it takes me hours to balance my checkbook so do not really change things based on my comment I am just getting a little lost.

Jean
02-22-2013, 10:56 AM
Yes, the battle royale is picking up momentum, but for a while there it took forever to even get five votes. Future rounds will be for ten votes.it used to take forever because many stories were unknown. I was able to drop everything I was doing and read them as soon as the voting started (although I hadn't even known most of the lesser known ones existed), but not everyone has such possibility, or access to pirate ressources.

I don't know if I can still vote here now? I had to go to work early in the morning, and have only just come back - somehow, doesn't seem quite fair, I haven't missed a single voting on this site since it was founded.

Children of the Corn
The Raft
That Feeling, You Can Only Say What It Is in French

Shannon
02-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Can't edit the titles of threads, but i keep everything current in my signature. I updated everything today on my phone just so people would know the rounds are over. I'll make it pretty and start the new rounds when i get home.

Stebbins
02-22-2013, 01:48 PM

I'm with ya on that one Pablo

Jean
02-23-2013, 07:26 AM

I'm with ya on that one Pablo
so, I wonder where we all were while everyone voted

biomieg
02-23-2013, 07:35 AM
Yes, the battle royale is picking up momentum, but for a while there it took forever to even get five votes. Future rounds will be for ten votes.

Maybe next time it's a good idea to first gauge interest and only start new 'battles' when the desired minimum number of participants have committed?

Also, I think that you can change the title of a thread when you edit the first post and click the 'go advanced' button on the bottom right.

Shannon
02-23-2013, 10:54 AM
I changed all the titles (see above), but they only show in the thread itself, not the boards.

biomieg
02-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Hmmm, that's weird. I'm pretty sure that I changed the titles of threads I started on more than one occasion. If you go 'edit' > 'go advanced' in the first post, there should be two title lines: one of the thread and one of the post itself. My memory is hazy re: the details, but I think it works like that.

*edit: for some reason, I think it only works when there are no replies yet. Otherwise, one of the mods has to do it.

Jean
02-23-2013, 11:01 AM
I changed all the titles (see above), but they only show in the thread itself, not the boards.I've changed it in accordance with the title of the post