PDA

View Full Version : Questions and Comments on our Catalogs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Matt
10-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know I have finished creating articles (threads) for the catalog forum and wikified it. :lol:

I am going to try all kinds of advanced functions that come with the product like "table of contents" and stuff like that. Perhaps be able to divide the books out by state for that.

(Hardcover, First Editions..and so on)

I welcome any comments here of course but this thing is very much a work in progress.

I want to once again thank Jerome and all the other collectors that have contributed to this. Making the threads was amazing because I got to see and read about every one. :rock:

Randall Flagg
10-06-2007, 09:05 AM
That is excellent Matt. I just checked it out. What is the [Top] Something else text next to King's graphic?

Matt
10-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Its me trying to do a table of contents, I seem to be getting closer now :lol:

My goal is to not only have the titles below but a Table of Contents divided by state.

Randall Flagg
10-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Not to be picky-but I am. Should the Table of Contents not use THE when being alphabetized IE The Colorado Kid goes under "C" not "T"?
Or am I just screwed up.

Matt
10-06-2007, 09:38 AM
I wondered about that all the way through man, not sure what to do with it. "the" is a part of the title and I hated to put it at the end.

like...Colorado Kid, The

That may have been better, they can be systematically changed though :rock:

Randall Flagg
10-06-2007, 09:49 AM
I don't know if you can do it, but leave the "The" at the beginning of the title, but put the book where it would go if the "The" wasn't there.
The Colorado Kid would follow Christine and preceed Creepshow.
Also "Salem's Lot would go under "S".

Matt
10-06-2007, 09:51 AM
:(

that cannot be done, the program automatically alphabetizes by article (thread) title.

Its a very strict code.

Randall Flagg
10-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Then the The's go where they are. No big deal. The results are excellent.

Matt
10-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks man, we can maybe play around a bit with the titles to organize them better, I think most folks kind of assume "the" so it may not need to be there at all. And I had no idea 'Salem's Lot had that thing on the front :lol:

Right now I am organizing them into "books" by state--you can have a look at that here. http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/nuwiki.php?do=book

It will just be another way to cross reference them :rock:

Randall Flagg
10-06-2007, 12:50 PM
The page denies my access-pemissions blah blah.

Matt
10-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Did you want to go through and try to change them? I'd be happy to throw it open for that. :lol:

Matt
10-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Okay folks, this thing is done for how.

Not only do we have an entry for each but they are also grouped into "books" by state which generates a table of context for each at the bottom of the page. :rock:

Matt
10-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Looks like some of the tables of contents do not include all the entries. <_<

:lol:

It's a known bug and I am working to get it solved.

Patrick
10-07-2007, 09:02 AM
I was just checking it out, Matt. Very cool. Great job!

Will people need to sign up for TDT.com's free membership in order to view it? Or will it be available to anyone who wants to use the site without ever even joining up?

Patrick
10-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Perhaps I'm missing it, but in reviewing the catalog I've seen all the versions of The Talisman except this gift edition (similar to the S/L, but different):

Posted in my collection thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=33116&postcount=54)

Matt
10-07-2007, 10:00 AM
:excited:

I would love to have a new entry that isn't there Patrick. We'll let Jerome tell us for sure, I may have missed named one somehow.

And any visitor to the site can see the entire forums, just not post without signing up.

Randall Flagg
10-07-2007, 11:01 AM
Perhaps I'm missing it, but in reviewing the catalog I've seen all the versions of The Talisman except this gift edition (similar to the S/L, but different):

Posted in my collection thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=33116&postcount=54)

Good catch Patrick. Matt, can we add the book using Patrick's images?
Use this as a description:

Title: The Talisman
Author: Stephen King
Artist: Richard Berry, Thomas Canty (who also designed the book), Ned Dameron, Stephen Gervais, Phil Hale, Jeffrey Jones, R.J. Knapowicz, Don Maitz, and Berni Wrightson
Publisher: Donald M. Grant
Year: 1984
State: Deluxe trade edition. Two volumes slip cased. Unsigned, unnumbered. Issue Price $65.00
Comments: 1,200 Copies produced. Bound in grey cloth.

Matt
10-07-2007, 11:29 AM
Got it covered, I'll slap those on here in a sec.

I changed the format for the "book index" page from the table of contents to an alphabetical listing. See what you guys think.

Matt
10-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Its in there now :rock:

Patrick
10-07-2007, 02:39 PM
It all looks great, Matt!

By the way, my vote is to make membership with a minimum post count of "1" to see the Catalog. :D But I'm just trying to drum up numbers so you get a truer sense of how many people are using the site.

Patrick
10-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Oh hey, the book entry titled 'Salem's Lot-Trade Hardback First Edition is actually the Illustrated edition that came out years later.

Also a typo on the introduction page to the Catalog: You may also browse our Catalog using out Edition State Book Directory

Matt
10-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks Patrick, I will get those fixed up.

Matt
10-07-2007, 02:59 PM
Oh hey, the book entry titled 'Salem's Lot-Trade Hardback First Edition is actually the Illustrated edition that came out years later.

I pretty much just copied and pasted on those, how should it be labeled you think?

Randall Flagg
10-07-2007, 04:29 PM
‘Salem’s Lot Illustrated Edition Trade Hardback

Matt
10-07-2007, 05:12 PM
So "trade hardbacks" right?

Patrick
10-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Oh hey, the book entry titled 'Salem's Lot-Trade Hardback First Edition is actually the Illustrated edition that came out years later.I pretty much just copied and pasted on those, how should it be labeled you think?
So "trade hardbacks" right?
Yes, that would be the category. :thumbsup:

Randall Flagg
10-07-2007, 06:37 PM
I concur.

jhanic
10-08-2007, 03:40 AM
To differentiate between the original trade hardcover and the later one, I'd specify that the later one be the "Illustrated Trade Hardcover".

John

Matt
10-08-2007, 07:02 AM
I'm confused you guys :lol:

I am looking at this entry in the catalog: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1077

Is that the one we are talking about? Like I said, I copied the text (along with state) exactly as it was written. Should this one be retitled?

It is in the Trade Hardback First Editions section now, should it be moved?

Am I looking at the wrong entry?

Randall Flagg
10-08-2007, 09:49 AM
The book is a trade hardback, and it is a 1st edition. Therefore it should be in the category with other trade hardback 1st editions.
It should be titled as "Salem's Lot Illustrated Edition.

Patrick
10-08-2007, 10:43 AM
The link/thread/entry (whatever you call it in wiki terms) title is this: 'Salem's Lot-Trade Hardback First Edition

That is incorrect.

The first entry says this:
Title: ‘Salem’s Lot Illustrated Edition

That is correct.

The first one, the link/thread/entry title, should change to:

Matt
10-08-2007, 10:49 AM
The book is a trade hardback, and it is a 1st edition. Therefore it should be in the category with other trade hardback 1st editions.
It should be titled as "Salem's Lot Illustrated Edition.

There we go. All changed now

Patrick
10-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Looks great, Matt.

I'm still amazed at how cool that whole Catalog turned out!

Matt
10-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks man, its great to have the kind of stuff we need to make the whole thing sing.

I was really proud of the results too.

Patrick
10-08-2007, 12:38 PM
From the "Building The King Catalog" thread:

So, now that individual threads have been set up for each book, is the idea to discuss the story in that thread? post pictures of our own copies (signed)? Or are these pages just supposed to be references and statistical knowledge?I think they are for reference. However, if Matt sets them up as a wiki, they would be open (I believe) for editing, as well as discussion.
All the threads are locked for now but I could certainly open them up for discussion if we need to. ...
Matt, now that the Catalog has been created, I'd like to go back to Wiz's questions in the other thread. Is the Catalog for reference only? Are we looking for discussion about the individual books? Do we want people to post photos of their own copies? etc.

Matt
10-08-2007, 02:25 PM
I like the idea of having discussions for each one. The "main article" is simply the first post in all the threads. That is where the book images for each one are. Anyone can click on the "discussion" button at the bottom and start up specific ones for each.

I don't see any need to change the existing article (first post with the images and text) unless it is to enhance or rename it.

Since we have them divided into books--I don't see why if someone has...for instance, the same copy of a signed numbered edition-but with a different number, that could be displayed as its own entry.

We could really take it as far as we like that way. Perhaps we don't even have the index by name on the main page but separate indexes by book state.

Patrick
10-08-2007, 04:03 PM
I'll leave the indexing question to you guys, but so far I like having all the entries there while I get used to it. It's fun to check out this way and compare different versions/editions of the same book.

I totally agree with you that having the first entry "fixed" is a good idea, especially since we can discuss the various books under their entries and add other information, pics, etc. there. :thumbsup:

Randall Flagg
10-08-2007, 08:34 PM
Perhaps I'm wrong, but it may be the most comprehensive listing of SK books online or in print. If not, with wiki and continued improvement/updates, it will be.
Outstanding job Matt.

Matt
10-09-2007, 06:18 AM
Just one more thing that sets this site apart. The development has been amazing. Thank you too for all your hard work Jerome.

I'm wondering about illustrations next. Should they have their own wiki (forum) with an article for each or should we incorporate them into this thing with a book category called "illustrations"

Patrick
10-09-2007, 10:23 AM
Just one more thing that sets this site apart. The development has been amazing. Thank you too for all your hard work Jerome.

I'm wondering about illustrations next. Should they have their own wiki (forum) with an article for each or should we incorporate them into this thing with a book category called "illustrations"

How about putting the illustrations in the discussion thread for the appropriate book?

I think it would be preferable (and easiest) to be able to see everything concerning a particular edition in one place in the King Catalog. To me, that is the value of the Catalog - not having to bounce all over the site looking for info on a certain book.

Matt
10-09-2007, 10:25 AM
That's a good idea. The only snag would be that people have to browse through the article (thread) to see the images.

But I like the idea of having them together. Could we perhaps add the illustrations to the entry itself? Like--under the book images?

Patrick
10-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Perhaps I'm wrong, but it may be the most comprehensive listing of SK books online or in print. If not, with wiki and continued improvement/updates, it will be.
Outstanding job Matt.
Just one more thing that sets this site apart. The development has been amazing. Thank you too for all your hard work Jerome. ...
You are both to be commended, the King Catalog is an amazing amount of well-organized, detailed information.

Randall Flagg
10-09-2007, 10:30 AM
That's a good idea Matt. It is more work for you, but it does make each book entry all the more informative.

Patrick
10-09-2007, 10:37 AM
Matt, you could edit the original entry, but given the amount of work that will take, it might be simpler (and less cluttered?) to just make illustrations the first discussion post. A lot of the illustrations are already in that one thread, so there's a head start.

Matt
10-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Sounds good you guys, I really like the idea of having the illustrations attached to the book. In a lot of cases, that is what makes them unique.

I will figure out the easiest way to make it happen.

I also have a contract with John to add a whole bunch of ARC's so this thing should keep growing very well.

natehorning
10-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Alright, now I'm excited. All of the work that has gone into this is impressive and I appreciate all of your efforts but proofs and ARCs are where my main interest lies. Although I can see most of them around a variety of places, it will be nice to have a main referrence site to check for information or just to window-shop.

Nate

Randall Flagg
10-09-2007, 11:32 AM
I am sure John will provide a wealth of info/images.
Lots of work for you Matt, but the end result (not to mention the current result) is going to be outstanding.

Matt
10-09-2007, 12:22 PM
Heck yeah!

I am totally into it and I don't mind the work. The catalog will end up being one of the corner stones of the site.

jhanic
10-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I will be more than glad to share the pictures of what I own. The problem is that, due to some familial issues, I just don't have the time right now to supply anything but pictures of the front covers. Hopefully this situation will settle down some fairly soon, but...

I currently own 66 different US proofs and 32 UK ones. These are just those of King's works, not the anthologies, books about King, etc. I also own a few proof covers, a couple of which are different than those used in the actual book.

John

Matt
10-09-2007, 12:28 PM
We can't wait to see what you have John and this is a long term and very ongoing project.

So don't worry about it and take your time. We'll keep folks chomping at the bit.

And let us know if there is anyway we can help.

Patrick
10-09-2007, 12:35 PM
Illustrations? ARCs? Proofs? Books about King? Books King didn't write but wrote introductions and signed the limited editions (e.g. Life in the Cinema, Ideal Genuine Man, etc.)?

This Catalog has plenty of room to people busy for a good long time.

Awesome. :nana:

Cutter
10-09-2007, 01:05 PM
wow I take a few days off and I come back to this. I have to say that's some great work Matt, it looks fantastic! :clap:

And I agree with Patrick, there is plenty to keep everyone busy to add proof's 1st paperbacks, etc... This pretty much already is, and will be the best King reference on the web. Great stuff guys!

and, I'll try to chip in too!

Randall Flagg
10-09-2007, 01:18 PM
I will be more than glad to share the pictures of what I own. I just don't have the time right now to supply anything but pictures of the front covers.
John

I would think a picture/scan of the front cover and identifying comments where they may have been more than one state of a proof would be more than enough to start with.

Patrick
10-09-2007, 01:40 PM
Matt, you could edit the original entry, but given the amount of work that will take, it might be simpler (and less cluttered?) to just make illustrations the first discussion post. A lot of the illustrations are already in that one thread, so there's a head start.
Sounds good you guys, I really like the idea of having the illustrations attached to the book. In a lot of cases, that is what makes them unique.

I will figure out the easiest way to make it happen. ...
I tried something for a working example. Go check out the Discussion thread attached to the WIZARD AND GLASS Signed/Limited edition and see what you think. (It's split into two posts because of the ten images/post limit.)

Matt
10-09-2007, 02:07 PM
I thought I upped that limit. :lol: There were a few that needed more than that.

I think that works okay Patrick--I'm not sure if it wouldn't be better to have it on the main article. Could we maybe put something in the main article that says..."view discussion for illustrations" :orely:

Now, the idea that someone else could work on this when they have time is very cool to me so thank you for throwing it out there Patrick. Whatever we decide, its great to have a few hands.

Matt
10-09-2007, 02:08 PM
wow I take a few days off and I come back to this. I have to say that's some great work Matt, it looks fantastic! :clap:

And I agree with Patrick, there is plenty to keep everyone busy to add proof's 1st paperbacks, etc... This pretty much already is, and will be the best King reference on the web. Great stuff guys!

and, I'll try to chip in too!

Thanks man, this think is cool as shit and I love the fact that its been received so well. :excited:

Patrick
10-09-2007, 02:16 PM
I thought I upped that limit. :lol: There were a few that needed more than that.

I think that works okay Patrick--I'm not sure if it wouldn't be better to have it on the main article. Could we maybe put something in the main article that says..."view discussion for illustrations" :orely:

Now, the idea that someone else could work on this when they have time is very cool to me so thank you for throwing it out there Patrick. Whatever we decide, its great to have a few hands.
:lol: Just trying something that would save dear ol' Matt a little work. It's not like you're going to run out of tasks any time soon. :couple:

Patrick
10-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Matt, is there any way for the site to show:

1) which entries actually have Discussion in their threads (vs. the empty discussion threads);

and/or

2) which entry threads have new discussion that a member has not yet read (like the regular forum threads on the site).

I'd hate to miss discussion on the books, but I can't check every thread all the time either. I know the Palaver or Restaurant or Calvin's forums will show which one has the most recent entry, but that's only a start.

Patrick
10-09-2007, 05:53 PM
I just added the 23 images of illustrations to the Discussion thread for the SONG OF SUSANNAH signed/limited edition in the Catalog.

Matt, given the quantity of illustrations that some of these books have, I think it best to put the pics in the Discussion thread rather than add them to the 5 or so images of the book itself in main article.

Regarding your idea about alerting people, it's a good one. To save editing every article, you could just add a statement on the main page of the Catalog saying that many of the articles have artwork from the books posted in their corresponding Discussion threads.

Randall Flagg
10-09-2007, 05:58 PM
In many ways, the illustrations, ceratinly in regards to scanning/photo, cropping, editing, uploading are FAR FAR more labor intensive than the images for the books as there are many many pieces per book. Granted not all King books are illustrated, but believe me I feel the pain of all who are helping-it just takes time.
I do think it is best to "tie" each work to the proper book-therefore are we doing duplicate work by posting in the Illustration thread, then posting in each books thread?

Patrick
10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
In many ways, the illustrations, ceratinly in regards to scanning/photo, cropping, editing, uploading are FAR FAR more labor intensive than the images for the books as there are many many pieces per book. Granted not all King books are illustrated, but believe me I feel the pain of all who are helping-it just takes time.
I do think it is best to "tie" each work to the proper book-therefore are we doing duplicate work by posting in the Illustration thread, then posting in each books thread?
I suppose so. But it allows those who just want to upload pics and links in a hurry to do - a division of labor perhaps.

Also, not all those artwork photos are actually scanned by our members. Some are links to the artist's websites, such as the 23 links to Song of Susannah artwork for example. That saves tons of time, although perhaps we should acknowledge not just the artist but their website/company as well in those cases.

Another question: Different editions (signed vs. gift, for example) that have the same artwork. Do we post in each thread or just post in the "highest value book" thread and add a link in the other discussion threads?

Ari_Racing
10-10-2007, 07:05 AM
You know...I've been thinking about the illustrations and I think the best thing we can do (in order to upload all just once), is to make a collection (like Jerome, Patrick, Terry or mine) named "Illustrations", and that we can upload those images there.
That way it'd be organized.

Just a comment. :)

Matt
10-10-2007, 01:46 PM
That is a great suggestion Ari and I took everything folks said for the idea on how to do it. But I noticed you already saw that thread. :couple:

1) which entries actually have Discussion in their threads (vs. the empty discussion threads);

and/or

2) which entry threads have new discussion that a member has not yet read (like the regular forum threads on the site).

Its funny about this Patrick. I wondered from the very beginning how it was done and the developer of the software said he simply didn't take it into account when building it. I think the idea of having a "discussion" attached to a "wiki" entry is pretty new since most wikis are basically research based. We may have the only kind you can add comments to.

So after all that, he is adding it to the next version which should be out in a few days, I am hoping it will also fix and image bug that is in there.

For now, the thread is "bumped" when there is a discussion so that is a start but its going to need to be fixed as we go into the future.

I believe he is going to make any article with new discussion posts since the last time a member visited to appear bold.

Patrick
10-10-2007, 01:54 PM
That is a great suggestion Ari and I took everything folks said for the idea on how to do it. But I noticed you already saw that thread. :couple:

and/or

Its funny about this Patrick. I wondered from the very beginning how it was done and the developer of the software said he simply didn't take it into account when building it. I think the idea of having a "discussion" attached to a "wiki" entry is pretty new since most wikis are basically research based. We may have the only kind you can add comments to.

So after all that, he is adding it to the next version which should be out in a few days, I am hoping it will also fix an image bug that is in there.

For now, the thread is "bumped" when there is a discussion so that is a start but its going to need to be fixed as we go into the future.

I believe he is going to make any article with new discussion posts since the last time a member visited to appear bold.

Awesome. Thanks! :dance:

Matt
12-29-2007, 11:59 AM
While in this forum, you will encounter two Stephen King catalogs that are unique to the internet. One is Collectibles the other is Illustrations

The King Catalog (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=974)

The King Illustrations Catalog (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1157)

Catalogs Explained:

The Catalogs are simply forums formatted differently. The "articles" are threads and the first post is the main "page" for the article, the comments are subsequent posts in that thread (article). Same thing, different view

One thread (article) is used as the forums main page, the rest are alphabetized underneath for easy access.

The goal is a comprehensive research catalog where members can easily find a book and view its illustrations easily.

These two catalogs are a collaborative effort by the members of this site. They have painstakingly gathered information on the two subjects and posted them here.

The forums are formated using NuWiki which takes an established forum and indexes it while graphically displaying the first post in each thread.

If you have any questions on how to comment on the articles or how to contribute to the project in anyway, please use this thread for that purpose

Please enjoy these great reference manuals on behalf of all of us at TheDarkTower.com

We must insist you do not copy or redistribute any material in our catalogs. The images and text are owned and its also not very nice. :thumbsup:

Matt
12-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I will use this right away and let everyone know the Illustrations Catalog is now "wikified". I really appreciate all the hard work, the articles look great!

:grouphug:

Randall Flagg
12-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Nice work Matt. Thanks.

herbertwest
12-29-2007, 07:58 PM
I've put some comments on the Listing of all illustrations..
If you (Mark) could have a look at it...

Matt
12-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Me? :lol:

Thanks Jerome :rock:

Matt
12-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Okay, I went and read the comments and I assume you are talking about this one. I would love to leave the questions in this thread so they are easier for me to track.

Something i dont like about the wikipedia versions : we dont really see easily when someone have posted something, where it is..
I mean... there is no sign near the topics, saying : here there is a new message...
No way to try to do it? would be very useful according to me...

Would it also be able to put a link to this thread (listing) in the main text of the Wiki (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=800) page?
as well as a link to the Rare Illustrations thread...
just to being able to browse more easily...

To answer the first part of your question, the wiki is designed to be an article system. All it does is categorize the threads we created alphabetically for ease of browsing. It has a comment system but its not really for discussion, its supposed to be about commenting on the article.

So you are right, that is a drawback and I believe the person who developed the software is figuring out a way to notify on new comments, perhaps making the article title bold for instance.

The second part of your question is pretty easy, we can insert web links into any of the articles to re-reference any part of the catalog

Patrick
12-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Great job, Matt. Thanks to all the contributors for all your efforts!

herbertwest
12-31-2007, 08:14 AM
Okay, I went and read the comments and I assume you are talking about this one. I would love to leave the questions in this thread so they are easier for me to track.

that's exactly what i am saying... it's hard to see where there is new comments...

Would it also be able to put a link to this thread (listing) in the main text of the Wiki (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=800) page?
as well as a link to the Rare Illustrations thread...
just to being able to browse more easily...
The second part of your question is pretty easy, we can insert web links into any of the articles to re-reference any part of the catalog[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but could someone in the King Illustrations Catalog subject, put a link to the LISTING & RARE illustrations subjects?
To kind of separe them of the others... so it would be something such as :

The King Illustrations Catalog

- Listing of all illustrations... (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1434)
- Rare illustrations (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1405)

**Attention TheDarkTower.com Members**

This forum has been changed to wiki format for ease of browsing. Comments can now be read by viewing the article and clicking on "comments" in the bottom right.

This catalog is intended for references purposes only--please do not copy or redistribute any of its content.

This page and the entire catalog will be updated further as time goes on, please let one of the staff know if you would like to help

Matt
12-31-2007, 08:26 AM
that's exactly what i am saying... it's hard to see where there is new comments...

Yep, its a drawback. Its designed to be an article system and not a discussion system like a regular forum thread.

I researched it a bit since your question and it looks like most people simply turn off the ability to comment on the articles. But I like it so we have the lesser of two evils I believe

Yeah, but could someone in the King Illustrations Catalog subject, put a link to the LISTING & RARE illustrations subjects?
To kind of separe them of the others... so it would be something such as :

Oh yeah, doing that is very easy. Just a matter of figuring out what they need to be and adding them. If you look at the main page for the Collectibles Catalog (the other one) you will see links to other stuff all over it. :rock:

Randall Flagg is the head man on this so decisions on what should be linked on the main page are going to be up to him but its a very easy thing to do.

Randall Flagg
12-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Whatever you wish to do Matt. It would be nice to be aware of what's being posted.

Matt
12-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Sure, I would love that too. What I have been trying to say is the format does not allow for it.

Would you guys like to suspend the "wikification" of the Illustrations catalog indefinitely until that issue is resolved?

Matt
01-01-2008, 08:41 AM
I have updated the first post with a quick explanation on how a wiki forum works.

Take a second and have a look if you guys like, I am very open to suggestions on how these should be done. The people in this forum are the experts and I really value your opinions.

Matt
01-01-2008, 10:13 AM
The King Illustrations Catalog

- Listing of all illustrations... (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1434)
- Rare illustrations (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1405)

**Attention TheDarkTower.com Members**

This forum has been changed to wiki format for ease of browsing. Comments can now be read by viewing the article and clicking on "comments" in the bottom right.

This catalog is intended for references purposes only--please do not copy or redistribute any of its content.

This page and the entire catalog will be updated further as time goes on, please let one of the staff know if you would like to helpSorry about the three posts, I have the day off. :lol:

I have added the above links to the main page of this article.

also: **big news**

I have figured out how to make another add on we have on the site (CMPS) display the most recent threads in a forum on a separate page.

This means we can have a link in the main article for each catalog to show recent threads now.

Illustrations Catalog Recent Threads (http://www.thedarktower.org/index.php?page=ithreads)

I hope this helps a bit on the issues with the comments.

The above link has also been added to the front page of this catalog

herbertwest
01-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Thank you for adding the links as i requested... n for a LAST COMMENTS link!

Very appreciated !

Matt
01-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Glad you like it man, I really appreciate all the hard work you are putting into it.

The thing looks great and is totally unique to the internet. :rock:

Randall Flagg
01-01-2008, 08:16 PM
The right to left scrolling recent comments link in the Illustrations main page is great-but a little annoying to have to "catch" the link.

Matt
01-02-2008, 05:09 AM
I was just testing something Jerome, I'll put it back in a minute.

It was a hell of a thing to come up with it at all. Sorry its annoying.

herbertwest
01-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Maybe you can make it blinking? (dont know if it would be quite annoying to reach as well or not..)

Question :
How do we create a new thread, for a new illustrated edition that we 'll find for instance ???

Matt
01-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Blinking was my first choice, mostly I just wanted to find a way to make it stand out. But I couldn't find a BBCODE for blinking. :lol:

Creating a new thread is really easy--just edit any article in the Catalog and type the name for the new one in [wiki] tags.

For instance [*wiki]New Illustrations[*/wiki] (without the asterisks--they are only there to demonstrate the tag).

Once that is done, it will appear red. Click on it and you will get a new article of that name in the catalog

Matt
01-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Found a "blinking" code--does anyone think that would be useful to draw attention to the Recent Comments link?

Randall Flagg
01-02-2008, 03:01 PM
I think in bold at the top is just fine.

Matt
01-02-2008, 03:23 PM
Works for me, thanks Jerome.

That's all it is now

Patrick
01-02-2008, 04:20 PM
The developments here sound great. Thanks for the improvements, Matt, and for providing the user feedback, herbertwest and Jerome. :thumbsup:

Matt
01-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks Patrick, it seems to be coming together.

If we had another one to do, we'd all be experts. :lol:

Patrick
01-02-2008, 11:22 PM
... If we had another one to do, we'd all be experts. :lol:

That's how I feel about most home improvement projects - a steep learning curve, then I rarely get to use the acquired skill again. :lol:

herbertwest
01-03-2008, 10:12 AM
Blinking was my first choice, mostly I just wanted to find a way to make it stand out. But I couldn't find a BBCODE for blinking. :lol:

Creating a new thread is really easy--just edit any article in the Catalog and type the name for the new one in [wiki] tags.

For instance [*wiki]New Illustrations[*/wiki] (without the asterisks--they are only there to demonstrate the tag).

Once that is done, it will appear red. Click on it and you will get a new article of that name in the catalog

Doesnt work for me...

I'm sending you by PM the 2 threads i wanted to create...
You only have to copy/paste the infos on new threads...

Matt
01-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Sounds good herbert, I will put them in there for you.

herbertwest
01-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Can you take the 2 threads links you listed on the original page, away?
ta

Matt
01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Sure will, I'm glad that worked for you

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-24-2008, 09:08 AM
RF
I know it's a deliberate mistake to see if we are taking any notice, but can you change the publisher of Lisey's Story from Viking to Scribner.

Matt
01-24-2008, 09:11 AM
:lol:

Nice catch

Randall Flagg
01-24-2008, 09:29 AM
RF
I know it's a deliberate mistake to see if we are taking any notice, but can you change the publisher of Lisey's Story from Viking to Scribner.
Took quite a bit longer than I expected.
There might be an "Easter Egg" here and there in the catalog.:evil:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-31-2008, 03:29 AM
Complete list of Stephen King Signed Limiteds

1989 Book of the Dead 500

I have a PC copy of this. Does anyone know how many there are?

(The signature sheet is the same as the numbered one, only with PC/500)

Randall Flagg
01-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Don't know. But I updated the list to included an indeterminate number of PC's.

herbertwest
01-31-2008, 11:51 AM
only the US & UK limited right?

Randall Flagg
01-31-2008, 11:52 AM
The list is here:
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1471

I just spoke with Mark V. Ziesing the publisher of Book of the Dead. He stated there between 10-20 PC's.
I will update the list again.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-31-2008, 01:02 PM
I just spoke with Mark V. Ziesing the publisher of Book of the Dead. He stated there between 10-20 PC's.
I will update the list again.

Thanks for that RF.

Randall Flagg
03-02-2008, 07:51 AM
I have the S/L Transgressions as 226 copies. 200 Numbered and 26 lettered.
Can someone confirm that there were 26 lettered?

Edit:
Answered my own question by looking at the Limitation page. There were 200 numbered for the trade and 26 lettered for the authors and publisher.

Randall Flagg
03-02-2008, 10:43 AM
I have a new question for the Collector's.
In the current King Catalog (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=974) we have (I believe) a listing for every King book, with scans. photos descriptions etc.
Currently we do not have a Catalog for books and items signed by King, but not works exclusively by King.
Should we attempt to obtain images etc. and do a Catalog for the following list?:

1982 Fear Itself 225
1982 Dark Tower I Gunslinger audio book 800
1982 Whispers - 26+350=376
1983 Frankenstein 250 + 26 = 276 (SK collectibles says 526 total)
1985 Cycle of the Werewolf portfolio 350
1987 Dark Tower II Audio book 800
1987 The Ideal, Genuine Man-500
1988 Letters from Hell 500+26=526
1988 Night Visions 5-850
1988 Prime Evil 1,000 (+250 UK, Bantam Press) = 1,250 (Indeterminate # of PC's per SKC)
1989 Book of the Dead 500 + (10-20 PC's, per Mark V. Ziesing)= ≤520
1989 The Killer Inside Me 26 + 350 = 376 (Indeterminate # of PC's per SKC)
1990 Dark Dreamers ( 1990 edition) 450
1990 Fantasy and Science Fiction December 1990. 500 signed – Un-numbered.
1990 Rainy Season photograph print (signed by King, Tabitha King, and artist) 100
1991 Complete Masters of Darkness 345
1991 Gauntlet #2 500
1991 Signatures 26 + 400 + 150 = 576
1992 The Sins of the Fathers 400
1993 House Next Door (1993 edition by Olde New York Press) 26 + 125 =151
1994 Insomnia portfolio 400
1994 Insomnia (UK edition) (signed on bookplate) 200
1995 Rose Madder (UK edition) (signed on bookplate) 250
1995 House Next Door (1995 edition by Bett's Bookstore) 12 PC's + 225 = 237
1996 UK Desperation/Regulators boxed set 250 copies, signed bookplate in Desperation only.
1996 The Girl Next Door 52 + 500 = 552
1997 Wizard and Glass (UK edition) (signed on bookplate) 500
1997 Cujo guitar (2 shapes, 10 Dreadnaught shape and 14 Grand Auditorium shape, 125 each) = 250
1998 Bag of Bones Hodder & Stoughton UK. 2,000 signed on bookplate.
1998 Legends 50 + 200 = 250
1998 The Best of Cemetery Dance 52 + 400 = 452
2000 Dystopias 26 (lettered only)
2000 Life in the Cinema 52 + 350 = 402
2003 Borderlands 5 - 52 + 500 = 552
2004 Quietly Now 500+52+552
2005 Transgressions 200 + 26 = 226
2005 Great Ghost Stories 52 (lettered only), Indeterminate # of PC's
2007 Postscripts 10. 200+300=500, Indeterminate # of PC’s
2007 Dandelion Wine 50th Anniversary. 100.

Patrick
03-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Yeah, sure, why not? :lol:

I think it should be separate from the Catalog of books actually written by King though.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Currently we do not have a Catalog for books and items signed by King, but not works exclusively by King.
Should we attempt to obtain images etc. and do a Catalog for the following list?:

Most definitely.

I was also a bit puzzled as to why the UK trade editions were not listed, except for all the editions of the Colorado Kid.

Randall Flagg
03-02-2008, 02:29 PM
The SK universe is pretty broad. We started the Catalog and initially made the decision to go with U.S. King books-!00% by King. It narrowed the scope (still a pretty wide scope) to something I could manage. Most-but certainly not all, particularly the most exotic items, were books I myself owned, and therefore photos, scans etc. were "easily" done. I say easily, because it was very time consuming.
If I/we take on his new task, the success will greatly depend on high quality scans and pictures submitted (directly to me, not in a thread) by other Collector's. I doubt I even have 20% of the items on the list I posted.
I will do the bulk of the work, but I will need others to contribute the images.

I would like for a few-or many Collector's to advise here if they can help.:grouphug:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-02-2008, 02:57 PM
The SK universe is pretty broad. We started the Catalog and initially made the decision to go with U.S. King books-!00% by King. It narrowed the scope (still a pretty wide scope) to something I could manage. Most-but certainly not all, particularly the most exotic items, were books I myself owned, and therefore photos, scans etc. were "easily" done. I say easily, because it was very time consuming.
If I/we take on his new task, the success will greatly depend on high quality scans and pictures submitted (directly to me, not in a thread) by other Collector's. I doubt I even have 20% of the items on the list I posted.
I will do the bulk of the work, but I will need others to contribute the images.

I would like for a few-or many Collector's to advise here if they can help.:grouphug:

I can help with the S/Limiteds, but I only have a small number of Numbereds. I also have everything ever issued in the UK.

Matt
03-03-2008, 05:17 PM
I think another sub forum catalog would be great in here. I'm kicking around the idea of turning these threads into a sub forum that is hidden from guests.

For about 20 different reasons but mostly because some collector stuff is pretty sensitive.

wizardsrainbow
03-04-2008, 03:40 AM
I also think it is a good idea to put them (with pictures) in another sub-forum. I have 5-10 of the items and would be happy to supply pictures.

Randall Flagg
03-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Ok. I would like to start out small and easy by doing UK S/L's, where the entire book is by King. I think we can just add them to the Catalog of Signed Limiteds, with UK somewhere in the book title. I count only five, but let me know if I am incorrect.
I will need high quality scans/photos of the cover, spine, limitation page (signature/#) and a freestanding shot of the following books. In addition, it would be very very helpful if those who help could include any information and fill out the template. I will give acknowledgement for the images used.

Template Example (delete the existing text and supply whatever info you can:

Title: The Eyes of the Dragon
Author: Stephen King
Artist: Kenneth Ray Linkhaüser. Designed and cared for by Michael Alpert
Publisher: Philtrum Press
Publication Year: 1984
State: Numbered 1/1,000 Issue Price $120
Comments: 26 red lettered, 26 black lettered, less than 10 Artist's copies, 250 red-numbered and 1,000 black-numbered copies produced.
Like Cycle of the Werewolf, and The Plant, The Eyes of the Dragon (original title:The Napkins) was published without a trade edition in the works at the time. The trade edition of Eyes of the Dragon has important textual differences. Sold by lottery only (at least 3 were conducted), in three ads that ran in F/SF magazines, 1,000 black numbered-editions were sold in order that 250 red-numbered copies could be given as gifts to people on King's Christmas greeting list.
A visual and tactile sensation, the book stands over 13" (33 CM) tall. The paper was intended to feel like fine linen (The Napkins).

Book images needed:

1996 UK Desperation/Regulators boxed set 250 copies, signed bookplate in Desperation only.
1998 Bag of Bones Hodder & Stoughton UK. 2,000 signed on bookplate.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-06-2008, 11:49 PM
I will do them tomorrow RF.

Randall Flagg
03-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Thanks to Mr. Rabbit Trick the 5 UK S/L's are now in the Catalog.

I would like to add the issue price (if known) to the ones that are missing them:

I also wanted to get thoughts as to whether or not to add the S/L's that are are not 100% King in there own category, or just simply add them straight to the existing S/L area.
Currently, other than Blackhouse, and The Talsiman, (Edit: And I suppose TGWLTG) all entries right now are books 100% by King.
Thoughts on separate catagory or not?

jhanic
03-08-2008, 01:41 PM
I just checked The Collector's site (www.stephenkingcollector.com) but he doesn't have the issue price of the UK limiteds either.

John

Chooch
03-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Hi

I have talked with Herb at Lord John Press and he has confirmed that only 100 "PC" copies were made. Also, there seems to be a consensus that there is only Three state of this book. Marbled Boards, Deluxe and Limited. The picture that is in the catalog for a "PC" I dont think is a true "PC" because it is "Tabitha Kings Copy" not a "Presentation Copy" as mine states here

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2276&ppuser=573

Am I getting way to specific on this? What would you call TK Copy? Personal Copy (PC)?
Thanks

herbertwest
03-11-2008, 02:26 AM
I ve noticed that some illustrations did vanish.
Reason?
They were linked to the pictures in the galleries of MrRabbitTrick, et elles ne sont plus dans les galleries....
erf

Illustrations of:
- the talisman
- colorado kid (chadbourne)
- dolores claiborne
- from a buick 8
- insomnia

MrRabbitTrick: do you still have it on your computer? would you mail them to me please?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-11-2008, 01:23 PM
I ve noticed that some illustrations did vanish.
Reason?
They were linked to the pictures in the galleries of MrRabbitTrick, et elles ne sont plus dans les galleries....
erf

Illustrations of:
- the talisman
- colorado kid (chadbourne)
- dolores claiborne
- from a buick 8
- insomnia

MrRabbitTrick: do you still have it on your computer? would you mail them to me please?

Ooops. I removed them from my gallery. I though the ones you used were stored elswhere.

No I don't have them on my computer. Looks like I will have to do them again.

Matt
03-11-2008, 01:52 PM
If you already have them hosted elsewhere Mr. Rabbit, it's just as easy to get them from there.

All you have to do is post the link here.

(and thanks for the MP3's :couple:)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-11-2008, 02:13 PM
If you already have them hosted elsewhere Mr. Rabbit, it's just as easy to get them from there.

All you have to do is post the link here.

(and thanks for the MP3's :couple:)

No such luck Matt. I only had them in my gallery. That will teach me to be so efficient inefficiant!

herbertwest
03-12-2008, 07:51 AM
If you will do it again i will save them away just in case :-)

herbertwest
03-12-2008, 08:08 AM
the pictures of DT II, by Ari also disappeared... and i think thats it...

Question:
why does on this board do not appear the broken links?
I mean... it would be easier to see if a picture isnt available anymore...coz now, if a link is broken we just dont see anything at all, and it would be lucky if we notice that something is missing...
cannot change it in the settings of the board???

Randall Flagg
03-12-2008, 09:24 AM
I would guess that broken links show up when hosted by another service, but if linked to the Gallery, they do not.

Matt
03-12-2008, 09:58 AM
It may also be the difference between firefox and IE (or any others). I sometimes see a red "x" when in IE but it seems like firefox doesn't show broken images at all.

happened on the site pages a couple of times when I moved an image without meaning to

Chooch
03-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi

I have talked with Herb at Lord John Press and he has confirmed that only 100 "PC" copies were made. Also, there seems to be a consensus that there is only Three state of this book. Marbled Boards, Deluxe and Limited. The picture that is in the catalog for a "PC" I dont think is a true "PC" because it is "Tabitha Kings Copy" not a "Presentation Copy" as mine states here

Am I getting way to specific on this? What would you call TK Copy? Personal Copy (PC)?
Thanks

This may have gotten overlooked and I'm kinda curious about this

carlosdetweiller
03-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Hi

Thanks

This may have gotten overlooked and I'm kinda curious about this

I think Tabitha's should be called a personal copy.

Could you clarify your first statement (or perhaps get Herb to clarify) stating 100 "PC" copies made? Is that 100 "PC" copies of the regular edition or does that number include "PC" copies of the deluxe edition and "PC" copies of the lettered edition?

I'd like to know how many "PC" copies of the lettered edition were done, if any. Neither Chris Cavalier nor myself have been able to find this state. Barry Levin insists it exists and he is usually right.

Chooch
03-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Very resonable question. I will pose that to Herb and reply when he writes back!

Chooch
03-19-2008, 01:23 AM
Heres Herbs Answer:

Derrell:

my memory, however faulty, recalls 100 presentation editions total. there may well have been 1 or 2 of the lettered but I don't recall and I never do that ... so there could have been one errant edition but I don't remember it. I can't swear to it because the bindery has pulled some tricks on me over the years, and a book will turn up as surprise.

cheers,

Herb

-----Original Message-----
To: herby11230@aol.com
Sent: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 6:47 pm
Subject: Form posted from Windows Internet Explorer.

comment=I am trying to find out how many states of Dolan's Cadillac that have
"PC" included with them and how many in each stae is there?. Here is a question
poised to me:" Herb said that there were
100 "PC" copies made? Is that 100 "PC" copies of the regular edition or does
that number include "PC" copies of the deluxe edition and "PC" copies of the
lettered edition?I'd like to know how many "PC" copies of the lettered edition
were done, if any. Neither Chris Cavalier nor myself have been able to find this
state. Barry Levin insists it exists and he is usually right." Can you help us
out on this Herb...Thanks in advance
Derrell

Randall Flagg
03-19-2008, 05:37 PM
Still seeking feedback as to have King S/L anthologies as a separate category or just notate them as such in the regular S/L catalog.
Also what if anything to do about oddities I.E, Letters From Hell, Cujo guitar, Rainy Season print etc.

tippy4
03-19-2008, 05:55 PM
I say you just throw them all (anthologies and oddities) into the S/L catalog.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-20-2008, 02:55 AM
Still seeking feedback as to have King S/L anthologies as a separate category or just notate them as such in the regular S/L catalog.
Also what if anything to do about oddities I.E, Letters From Hell, Cujo guitar, Rainy Season print etc.

I am making up a webpage right now, to show my collection. I have seperate pages for:

Regular King novels S/L
Anthologies S/L
Intros S/L

But this might be confusing for visitors/guests on here.

I go with Tippy..... chuck 'em all in together.

Randall Flagg
03-20-2008, 06:08 AM
It sure makes it easier, as well as they are all Signed, and all numbered and or limited.

Randall Flagg
03-20-2008, 04:25 PM
My listing for the S/L 'Life in the Cinema' has 350 numbered and 52 lettered. I noticed an e-bay auction that indicates (confirmed by a pic of the limitation page) 450 numbered.
Can someone please confirm clarify the correct number as well as quantity-if any of Lettered editions?

Edit:
Answer is 450 (Signed by King) + 52 lettered.
Still for sale-including the lettered for $375 at:
Gauntlet press (http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin/gauntletpress/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=template&thispage=ALITCBk&ORDER_ID=199161963)

Patrick
03-20-2008, 04:36 PM
My listing for the S/L 'Life in the Cinema' has 350 numbered and 52 lettered. I noticed an e-bay auction that indicates (confirmed by a pic of the limitation page) 450 numbered.
Can someone please confirm clarify the correct number as well as quantity-if any of Lettered editions?

Edit:
Answer is 450 (Signed by King) + 52 lettered.
Still for sale-including the lettered for $375 at:
Gauntlet press (http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin/gauntletpress/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=template&thispage=ALITCBk&ORDER_ID=394754248)
I'll check my copy when I get home tonight, but I'd bet you'll have your answer before then.
Edit: Hey look, you already answered your own question. :)

As far as the catalog question, I'm fine with lumping them all in there, as the alternatives would end up adding more work that I'm not sure is justified.

Randall Flagg
03-20-2008, 04:40 PM
Christ. the S/L is still for sale @$125. Might be the least expensive (today) King S/l available.

Patrick
03-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Yes, it probably is. I'm glad someone warned me a while back to buy it from the publisher rather than the inflated asking prices on eBay.

IMO, there are two strikes against the book that keep the price down:
1) It isn't written by King.
2) The cover is ugly.

jhanic
03-20-2008, 04:47 PM
This is one I didn't own. I just ordered the s/l copy. Thanks for the info!

John

Patrick
03-20-2008, 04:51 PM
This is one I didn't own. I just ordered the s/l copy. Thanks for the info!

John
Congrats, John. It is hard to pass up at that price.

jhanic
03-20-2008, 05:18 PM
A signed limited is a signed limited. I've never been that interested in this book, but, as you said, it's hard to pass up at that price!

Here's a better link:

A Life in the Cinema (http://www.gauntletpress.com/cgi-bin/gauntletpress/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=template&thispage=ALITCBk&ORDER_ID=777741809)

John

Randall Flagg
03-20-2008, 05:53 PM
A signed limited is a signed limited. I've never been that interested in this book, but, as you said, it's hard to pass up at that price!

John
Agreed.
I (hopefully) fixed the link in my post.

jhanic
03-21-2008, 03:22 AM
I got the same thing. Interesting! I wonder if it has anything to do with King's new collection, Just After Sunset.

John

herbertwest
03-21-2008, 10:46 AM
It may also be the difference between firefox and IE (or any others). I sometimes see a red "x" when in IE but it seems like firefox doesn't show broken images at all.

happened on the site pages a couple of times when I moved an image without meaning to

so basically the prob is with firefoz...erf

Randall Flagg
03-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Interesting tidbit as I expand the Catalog.
Dark Dreamers has been listed as having 450 signed copies (Stephen King Collectibles: An illustrated price Guide), however the book states there were three states, totaling only 405 copies. I will include the books description in the Catalog listing. It says:

A special edition of 405 copies of DARK DREAMERS, signed by the authors, was completed in May, 1990. Due to accidental destruction of some signature sheets, three states of this limited edition were published:
Copies #1-#297 were signed by Clive Barker, Gary Brandner, Ramsey Campbell, Les Daniels, Dennis Etchison, John Farris, Charles L. Grant, James Herbert, Stephen King, Dean R. Koontz, Joe R. Lansdale, Richard Laymon, Graham Masterson, Richard Matheson, Robert R. McCammon, David Morrell, Philip Nutman, John Saul, John Skipp, Craig Spector, Peter Straub, Whitley Streiber, Stanley Wiater, Chet Williamson, J.N. Williamson, and Grahan Wilson, These copies contain two pages of signatures.
Copies #298-#350 were signed by Richard Matheson, Dennis Etchison, Stephen King, Dean R. Koontz, David Morrell, John Saul, John Farris, Gary Brandner, Richard Laymon and Stanley Wiater. These copies contain one page of signatures.
55 Copies stamped “Publisher’s Copy #__” were numbered 1-55 and were otherwise identical to copies #298-#350. These copies contain one page of signatures.

I also noticed that some attempt was made to have missing signatures gathered on the title page, as I have two different states of the numbered, but the second state has more signatures than listed on page #208.

Randall Flagg
03-25-2008, 04:54 PM
I have 3 or four titles to add to the S/L catalog, but I am going to need help on the following titles-I don't have them.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated-and acknowledged.
List:

1982 Fear Itself 225-Tippy
1982 Whispers - 26+350=376-Mr. Rabbit trick
1988 Prime Evil 1,000 (+250 UK, Bantam Press) = 1,250 (Indeterminate # of PC's per SKC)
1989 The Killer Inside Me 26 + 350 = 376 (Indeterminate # of PC's per SKC)-Mr. Rabbit Trick
1990 Rainy Season photograph print (signed by King, Tabitha King, and artist) 100
1991 Gauntlet #2 500-Mr. Rabbit Trick
1993 House Next Door (1993 edition by Olde New York Press) 26 + 125 =151-Tippy
1995 House Next Door (1995 edition by Bett's Bookstore) 12 PC's + 225 = 237-Tippy
2003 Borderlands 5 - 52 + 500 = 552-Patrick
2004 Quietly Now 500+52+552-Patrick
2005 Great Ghost Stories 52 (lettered only), Indeterminate # of PC's -Mr. Rabbit Trick
2007 Dandelion Wine 50th Anniversary. 100.-Mr. Rabbit Trick

Patrick
03-25-2008, 06:17 PM
From pages 1 and 2 of my collection thread:

S/L - Quietly Now (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=31062&postcount=24)

S/L - Borderlands 5 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showpost.php?p=31064&postcount=26)

Hope that helps. :)

tippy4
03-25-2008, 08:21 PM
I will get you some pictures of FEAR ITSELF and THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR (both the Bett's and the Olde York Press versions) this weekend.

Also, I was looking at your S/L list, and I really have to applaud your efforts. It had to take an enormous amount of time. Truly excellent!

If you open to suggestions I think there are two books that do not belong on the S/L list. Those are the German IT and The Talisman/Black House gift set. Both for the same reason, which is that neither of them are signed by Stephen King.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-25-2008, 11:39 PM
I will do these later:

Whispers
The Killer Inside Me
Gauntlet
Great Ghost Stories
Dandelion Wine

Randall Flagg
03-26-2008, 05:58 AM
If you open to suggestions I think there are two books that do not belong on the S/L list. Those are the German IT and The Talisman/Black House gift set. Both for the same reason, which is that neither of them are signed by Stephen King.
I see your point.
Should the Talisman/Blackouse be moved to the Gift/Artist category (that's what I would say)?
As to the German IT, yes it is unsigned-although it is numbered. Would you say omit it completely, or have it in an "Oddities" listing?
BTW, thanks for the help you and Mr. Rabbit Trick and Patrick are providing.
I will ammend the list I just posted.

P.S. Full front, spine and rear scans are preferred, but if not, photos are cool.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-26-2008, 06:47 AM
Another query...

Do you want both the numbered and lettered versions? They usually have different cases, and sometimes covers.

Randall Flagg
03-26-2008, 07:10 AM
Another query...

Do you want both the numbered and lettered versions? They usually have different cases, and sometimes covers.
Absolutely!-if possible.
The job you did with the UK items and descriptions was excellent.

Patrick
03-26-2008, 03:17 PM
... P.S. Full front, spine and rear scans are preferred, but if not, photos are cool.
Jerome, just the dustjacket, or the book itself as well?

Randall Flagg
03-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Unless the hardcover underneath is remarkable in and of itself, the DJ is fine.
Most all of what I have done is DJ stuff, however the DT books I scanned the boards as well as the DJ.
thanks.

Patrick
03-26-2008, 08:08 PM
OK, I emailed you Quietly Now scans. I'll get Borderlands 5 next.

EDIT: All scans are now in my gallery, Jerome.

tippy4
03-27-2008, 08:07 AM
I see your point.
Should the Talisman/Blackouse be moved to the Gift/Artist category (that's what I would say)?
As to the German IT, yes it is unsigned-although it is numbered. Would you say omit it completely, or have it in an "Oddities" listing?

Yes, I think that Talisman/Black House should go to the Gift/Artist category.

I also think the non-King signed Colorado Kids should go there too.

And the German IT should go to an "Oddities" listing.

Randall Flagg
03-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Great suggestions.
I did move the Colorado Kid AE and the Blackhouse/Talisman Gift set to the Artist/Gift area.
As far as the bootleg IT (ES), it is numbered, and therefore meets the criteria for being listed in the "Signed, Numbered, or Lettered" catalog. However if the consensus is books in that area MUST BE signed by King then we can consider changing the way it is listed, as well as the content therein.
Nothing etched in stone, I would appreciate any and all thoughts on the matter.

Patrick
03-27-2008, 05:30 PM
I would either leave it where it is for the reasons stated above, or move it to the Area/Gift area where pretty much none of the books are signed by King. We can always start a whole new category later if there are enough books and interest to warrant one.

tippy4
03-27-2008, 06:39 PM
I still say you move the German ES as it is the only item listed in the section that does not contain King's signature.

Again, I applaud the work you have done....really top notch.

Here are some photos of the Bett's version of THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR.

THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR (http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7466/picture050ip5.jpg)

THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR (http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7201/picture051ks5.jpg)

THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR (http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8071/picture052ri6.jpg)

THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR (http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1993/picture053vh9.jpg)

THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR (http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2600/picture054bv1.jpg)

Randall Flagg
03-27-2008, 07:06 PM
"Nebel"-Where or how to categorize?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-27-2008, 11:58 PM
As far as the bootleg IT (ES), it is numbered, and therefore meets the criteria for being listed in the "Signed, Numbered, or Lettered" catalog. However if the consensus is books in that area MUST BE signed by King then we can consider changing the way it is listed, as well as the content therein.
Nothing etched in stone, I would appreciate any and all thoughts on the matter.

I would say that this section should only be for books/itens signed by King.

Randall Flagg
03-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Ok. I added Borderlands 5 and Quietly Now. I did not know the original issue price for either one of them.
I need a name for the catogory to put ES in.
"Oddities"
"Miscellaneous "
??

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Ok. I added Borderlands 5 and Quietly Now. I did not know the original issue price for either one of them.
I need a name for the catogory to put ES in.
"Oddities"
"Miscellaneous "
??

I would say Miscellaneous. (If I could spell it) :unsure:

Randall Flagg
03-28-2008, 01:36 PM
I still say you move the German ES as it is the only item listed in the section that does not contain King's signature.

Again, I applaud the work you have done....really top notch.

Here are some photos of the Bett's version of THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR.

THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR (http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/7466/picture050ip5.jpg)

THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR (http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7201/picture051ks5.jpg)

THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR (http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/8071/picture052ri6.jpg)

THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR (http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/1993/picture053vh9.jpg)

THE HOUSE NEXT DOOR (http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2600/picture054bv1.jpg)

Thanks Tippy4. The listing has been added to the Catalog. Let me know if anything needs correcting.
Here it is (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=2500)

I did create (with Matts' help) a Misc. catagory, and moved the Bootleg IT (ES) there. I suppose at some point-donor willing, Nebel should be added there.

Randall Flagg
03-29-2008, 09:26 AM
1982 Whispers 26-NEED LETTERED
1989 The Killer Inside me 26-NEED LETTERED

1993 House Next Door (1993 edition by Olde New York Press) 26 + 125 =151-Tippy
1995 House Next Door (1995 edition by Bett's Bookstore) 12 PC's + 225 = 237-Tippy
2003 Borderlands 5-26-NEED LETTERED

I think this is what we still need.

tippy4
03-30-2008, 09:06 AM
The House Next Door (Old New York Press) (http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/1573/picture057vy8.jpg)

The House Next Door (Old New York Press) (http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/4683/picture058ej1.jpg)

The House Next Door (Old New York Press) (http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/7489/picture059yv9.jpg)

The House Next Door (Old New York Press) (http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/593/picture060lx9.jpg)

The House Next Door (Old New York Press) (http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1718/picture061hg7.jpg)

The House Next Door (Old New York Press) (http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/180/picture062le5.jpg)

The House Next Door (Old New York Press) (http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2973/picture063yq4.jpg)

The House Next Door (Old New York Press) (http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/8718/picture064bk5.jpg)

The House Next Door (Old New York Press) (http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/8229/picture065lo2.jpg)

tippy4
03-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks Tippy4. The listing has been added to the Catalog. Let me know if anything needs correcting.
Here it is (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=2500)

There are SIX weird errors in the text

Notes: This book has two curiosities about it: first, King’s introduction is less than one page of text: a few paragraphs - more of a note than an intro­duction proper.

Despite the brevity of his contri­bution, King elected to sign the limitation sheets.

.....decided to sell the remaining inventory to Bells Bookstore, which issued a limited edition in trade paperback.

The total number of copies in print: 450 cop­ies. of which 1-125 were in hardback from the original publisher, and the remainder were in trade paperback from Betts Bookstore.

Finish woven cloth and hand painting morocco paper boards, enclosed inacloth box. The edition is limited to 450 num­bered copies of which 26 are lettered A-Z

tippy4
03-30-2008, 11:40 AM

Borderlands 5 $75
Quietly Now $40

Randall Flagg
03-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Thanks Tippy.
I think I corrrected all of the typos, and added the issue prices.
I'll get the House Next Door (Old New Tork Press) up soon.
Any idea on the issue price?

tippy4
03-30-2008, 01:01 PM
It is not marked on the book, but according to what you have posted on the Bett's verions.....

From the original solicitation: "The book is bound in Rust Holliston Linen Finish woven cloth and hand painting morocco paper boards, enclosed in a cloth box. The edition is limited to 450 numbered copies of which 26 are lettered A-Z and bound in calf. $150 cloth/$250 calf."

I have never seen the lettered (calf) version. In fact, it is pretty rare to see the numbered (cloth) version. I got my copy from Shibus a year or two ago...it is really an attractive book.

Randall Flagg
03-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Looking at the pics, it sure looks fabulous.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-31-2008, 03:20 AM
I think this is what we still need.

I can do this.

I have the PC version but it does not come with a slipcase. Will it do?

Randall Flagg
03-31-2008, 06:08 AM
It will do fine. if later I add images with a slipcase or a number at least the listing is up.
Thanks.

tippy4
04-02-2008, 05:49 AM
Dystopia (http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1015/dystopia1fn2.jpg)

Dystopia (http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/4125/dystopia2nt9.jpg)

Dystopia (http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/9320/dystopia3io4.jpg)

Dystopia (http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/776/dystopia4zz6.jpg)

Randall Flagg
04-02-2008, 05:51 AM
Thanks Tippy. I'll get the stuff up soon-I have been delayed this week as my wife is on vacation and she has me doing lots of projects around the house.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-02-2008, 06:50 AM

I'm watching this very item on ebay.

tippy4
04-02-2008, 07:56 AM

I'm watching this very item on ebay.

You are not the only one.

And in case anyone had any concerns, I did get the seller's permission to use these photos.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-02-2008, 07:58 AM
I have been delayed this week as my wife is on vacation and she has me doing lots of projects around the house.

Been there. :arg:

Patrick
04-02-2008, 09:08 PM
I have been delayed this week as my wife is on vacation and she has me doing lots of projects around the house.

Been there. :arg:
My wife has been in China for the past seven days (back tomorrow night thankfully). All the babysitters were unavailable because of their spring breaks. We have a 4-year old and a 7-year old who were on Spring Break here at home last week. You get the picture.

jhanic
04-03-2008, 03:35 AM
And your mood is still "Excellent"???!!!

Amazing!

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-03-2008, 04:07 AM
My wife has been in China for the past seven days (back tomorrow night thankfully). All the babysitters were unavailable because of their spring breaks. We have a 4-year old and a 7-year old who were on Spring Break here at home last week. You get the picture.

Ouch! But hey, think of all the "Brownie Points" you have earned.

My wife left me with our 2 for 1 night when they were young. She never did it again. :unsure:

My life revolves around earning Brownie Points, so I can blow them all at one go. :thumbsup:

Patrick
04-03-2008, 08:45 PM
And your mood is still "Excellent"???!!!

Amazing!

John
:rofl: Hadn't noticed that.

She's back now. :nana:

Ouch! But hey, think of all the "Brownie Points" you have earned.

My wife left me with our 2 for 1 night when they were young. She never did it again. :unsure:

My life revolves around earning Brownie Points, so I can blow them all at one go. :thumbsup:Like, say, when she sees the bill for yet another collectible book?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Like, say, when she sees the bill for yet another collectible book?

Eh.... she doesn't know what books I buy or what they cost. She spotted me taking photos of some signed limiteds last week and asked where they came from. I don't think she really believed my bull*hit answer. :unsure:

Randall Flagg
04-07-2008, 06:42 AM
We are getting there!

I still need issue prices for Dystopia Lettered, Transgressions S/L, and NightVisions 5 S/L.

wizardsrainbow
04-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Like, say, when she sees the bill for yet another collectible book?

Eh.... she doesn't know what books I buy or what they cost. She spotted me taking photos of some signed limiteds last week and asked where they came from. I don't think she really believed my bull*hit answer. :unsure:

Don't get me started on THAT topic. I brought my wife into my collecting habit later rather than sooner and will pay for that mistake the rest of my days.

jhanic
04-07-2008, 09:47 AM
We had a pretty good discussion regarding this wife/significant other over on TDT.net. As I posted there, I don't tell my wife how much I spend on books and she doesn't tell me how much she spends on clothes. As I keep the finances in the house, it works out pretty equal.

John

Matt
04-07-2008, 10:07 AM
My wife and I are just beginning these negotiations. I like John's approach, she loves cloths.

tippy4
04-07-2008, 02:14 PM
We are getting there!

I still need issue prices for Dystopia Lettered, Transgressions S/L, and NightVisions 5 S/L.

I still need to get you those Fear Itself pics.

Put me down for Prime Evil (both Bantam and Grant), The Girl Next Door, and Best of CD.

I will also get you the issue price of the Transgressions S/L

Randall Flagg
04-07-2008, 02:21 PM
1988 Prime Evil 1,000 (+250 UK, Bantam Press) = 1,250 (Indeterminate # of PC's per SKC)-Tippy
1996 The Girl Next Door 52 + 500 = 552-Tippy
1998 The Best of Cemetery Dance 52 + 400 = 452-Tippy

Thanks Tippy.
I was told by someone who wasn't certain that the Issue price for Transgressions was $125.

Patrick
04-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Jerome, I just dug up my Amazon email receipt from June 16th, 2005:

Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Transgressions - Limited Editi $126.00 1 $126.00

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Item Subtotal: $126.00

Randall Flagg
04-07-2008, 02:33 PM
There was some speculation that Amazon discounted from the Published price, which is why I was hoping for clarification.

Patrick
04-07-2008, 02:36 PM
I don't recall any discount, but I could be wrong.

tippy4
04-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Fear Itself (http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2626/picture067mk9.jpg)

Fear Itself (http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8407/picture071uq3.jpg)

Fear Itself (http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/4401/picture068ah4.jpg)

Fear Itself (http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6664/picture069yl3.jpg)

Fear Itself (http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4506/picture070bm3.jpg)

tippy4
04-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks Tippy.
I was told by someone who wasn't certain that the Issue price for Transgressions was $125.

I could not dig up the price, but $125 seems right to me.

(I just posted some pictures of FEAR ITSELF in the previous post)

carlosdetweiller
04-15-2008, 04:13 AM
Thanks Tippy.

I could not dig up the price, but $125 seems right to me.

I've got a Transgressions still sealed in the original shipping material. It states on the outer label that the retail price was $200. I've e-mailed that info to Jerome and I think he has updated the catalog.

It's interesting that a lot of us were able to get copies through amazon.com and paid only about $125 per copy. I remember being surprised at not only being able to get multiple copies but to also get them at such a discount.

Randall Flagg
04-15-2008, 06:57 AM
I will be adding Transgressions soon-with $200 listed as the official issue price. I am on the road for a funeral, so I'll get to things soon.

wizardsrainbow
04-15-2008, 08:49 AM
I will be adding Transgressions soon-with $200 listed as the official issue price. I am on the road for a funeral, so I'll get to things soon.

Sorry to hear of your loss Jerome. My sympathies.

herbertwest
04-17-2008, 02:27 AM
Can anyone explain me how to create a new thread on wiki version, coz in illustration catalog last time didnt work and a bit messed it up

thx

Matt
04-17-2008, 06:59 AM
Hey herbert :D

Which of the catalogs are you trying to create one in? Its a pretty easy process but I want to make sure I describing it right.

herbertwest
04-18-2008, 02:21 AM
I wanted to create one in the Illustration...
In fact i did use the Listing of all illustrations threads (which is useless now with the wiki version) and is now the N&D threads...

but i still dont know how to create one without messing everything out

Randall Flagg
04-21-2008, 06:28 AM
I see a listing on Ebay for a PC of Letters From Hell. The seller indicates there were 100 Presentation Copies done. Unless someone knows differently, I will update the list to Read 500+26+100 PC= 626.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8384/letterssk004oy7.jpg

jemaher
04-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know about the collection of short stories "prime evil"? I always assumed that it was a grant publication sl with 1000 released. I just bought a copy the was a doppleganger except that it was bantam press 250 copies and released in UK.... this was news to me. any word on pricing?

jhanic
04-21-2008, 04:04 PM
There's a Publisher's Copy currently listed on eBay for $549.99. Prime Evil (http://cgi.ebay.com/Clive-Barker-Stephen-King-SIGNED-Book-Prime-Evil-1st_W0QQitemZ310041724814QQihZ021QQcategoryZ29223Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem).

A US trade edition was also issued by, I think, NAL. It's not too valuable.

I was able to get a UK proof of this, with a proof dust jacket, back in October. The US proof is not too scarce.

John

jemaher
04-21-2008, 04:14 PM
No this is a signed limited. It comes in a black clamcase; only it says bantam press instead of grant at the heel and the sig page says 1 of 250 signed copies for release in the UK

jemaher
04-21-2008, 04:27 PM
We are getting there!

I still need to get you those Fear Itself pics.

Put me down for Prime Evil (both Bantam and Grant), The Girl Next Door, and Best of CD.

I will also get you the issue price of the Transgressions S/L

the copy if prime evil has an original invoice for the British version which lists the price at 350

Randall Flagg
04-21-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the info jemaher.
If you wanted to provide scans of the face and spine as well as a picture of the signature page I would be pleased to add it to the catalog.
Also, was the 350 price in dollars or pounds?

RF

carlosdetweiller
04-21-2008, 06:17 PM
Both the US and UK limited editions were published by Grant so they are identical physically except for the differences jemaher has outlined (mostly consisting of substituting Bantam Press for Grant at the appropriate places in the book and on the traycase).

For completeness there are also a reported six (6) "P/C" of the UK Bantam edition and an unknown (to me anyway) number of "P/C" of the US Grant edition.

jemaher
04-22-2008, 10:12 AM
I will find a digital camera and try to email pictures. The invoice was from a us bookseller and not from grant or bantam but it was in dollars

jemaher
04-24-2008, 03:11 PM
pictures acquired and sent.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-24-2008, 11:22 PM
For completeness there are also a reported six (6) "P/C" of the UK Bantam edition and an unknown (to me anyway) number of "P/C" of the US Grant edition.

Betts have had both UK and US PC copies on sale for a while now.

Randall Flagg
04-25-2008, 06:22 AM
pictures acquired and sent.
Thanks so much. I will be posting them-as well as updated Dystopia pics soon. I am working off my backup PC and as soon as I have time on my #1 unit, I'll update the catalog.

tippy4
05-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Hey Jerome, Mike Pasiuk has a LETTERED House NExt Door up on ebay right now.

The House Next Door (http://cgi.ebay.com/STEPHEN-KING-THE-HOUSE-NEXT-DOOR-LETTERED-SIGNED-LTD-H_W0QQitemZ110249890154QQihZ001QQcategoryZ29223QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Perhaps you could persuade him to send a few pics to you for the catalog.

Randall Flagg
05-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I would love for any help. But is there any real difference between the lettered and the numbered for this book (other than the limitation)?
I'm always willing to add, but for example, I can't chase down a lettered limitation page from The Stand S/L as the book is identical to the numbered S/L.
Pasiuk- Please assist.

tippy4
05-04-2008, 06:52 PM
I believe the only difference is that the lettered is bound in calfskin and the numbered is bound in cloth.

tippy4
05-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Front (http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1996/picture074qd9.jpg)

Back (http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3415/picture075mx0.jpg)

Spine (http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3916/picture076hm0.jpg)

Stephen King Signature (http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8595/picture077ye7.jpg)

Limitation Page (http://img357.imageshack.us/img357/7494/picture079hh9.jpg)

DJ Off (http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/9089/picture080jo1.jpg)

Fsmdr
05-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Any other pics that you need, Randall?. What about the S/L The Complete Masters Of Darkness and S/L Frankenstein?.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-04-2008, 10:06 PM
I would love for any help. But is there any real difference between the lettered and the numbered for this book (other than the limitation)?
I'm always willing to add, but for example, I can't chase down a lettered limitation page from The Stand S/L as the book is identical to the numbered S/L.
Pasiuk- Please assist.

I'm sure I have sent you the pictures of the Lettered edition already. There is a pic of the limitation page on my collection website if you need it.

http://www.akyle.f2s.com/images/house_1.jpg

Randall Flagg
05-05-2008, 05:32 AM
Any other pics that you need, Randall?. What about the S/L The Complete Masters Of Darkness and S/L Frankenstein?.
Here is what I need:

I'm sure I have sent you the pictures of the Lettered edition already. There is a pic of the limitation page on my collection website if you need it.

http://www.akyle.f2s.com/images/house_1.jpg

I don't recall/and or can't find images for the lettered. If you want to send them, I'll add it to the catalog.

Thanks for everyones help.
Tippy, I'll get that listing up soon.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-05-2008, 08:31 AM
RF,
Pictures of The House Next Door signed Lettered and The Girl Next Door signed Numbered on their way to you.

Randall Flagg
05-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks. I'll get them up this week.

Fsmdr
05-05-2008, 11:12 AM
Maybe these pics could be of some use to you.

Cycle of Werewolf Portfolio:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9773/portfoliopl8.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/5389/printsii5.jpg

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4939/portfoliosigor9.jpg

S/L Frankenstein:

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2570/frontqq0.jpg

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/863/spineoj2.jpg

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3336/siglh1.jpg

Randall Flagg
05-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-07-2008, 03:20 AM
Questions about the Gift Editions section

Should the gift edition of Lisey's Story be included?
Should the 3 UK gift editions be included?

Randall Flagg
05-07-2008, 05:41 AM
Were the UK books the ones with the "facsimile" signature?
If so I say no, but if the consensus is to add them, I can.
Refresh my memory on the Lisey's gift edition.

jhanic
05-07-2008, 06:01 AM
The UK ones were the ones with facsimile signatures. I would say that they should be included if you include the other gift editions with no signatures (such as Desperation, From a Buick 8, etc.)

The Lisey's Story gift edition is from the BMOC. It comes with a slipcase but no signature. Although it is from the BMOC, I would also include it.

John

Randall Flagg
05-07-2008, 06:17 AM
Good points John.
Once I get the handful I am working on done, I'll solicit images and do those also.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-07-2008, 06:31 AM
Good points John.
Once I get the handful I am working on done, I'll solicit images and do those also.

I will send pics of all 4 later today.

herbertwest
05-07-2008, 06:50 AM
(i would suggest to add on the Collectible catalog a link on which we can see the last update and comments... would be more convenient and easy to go through)

for instance, i am adding a comment just know to the Frankenstein one.

Matt
05-07-2008, 07:58 AM
Should be a link at the top of the catalog page that says "recent comments" herbert.

Randall Flagg
05-07-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm wondering if anyone here has the lettered edition of The Girl Next Door, and if in fact it came in a hand-made wooden box?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-07-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm wondering if anyone here has the lettered edition of The Girl Next Door, and if in fact it came in a hand-made wooden box?

I don't have the Lettered version, but it's mentioned on the Numbered version dust Jacket.....

LETTERED EDITION MAHOGANY BOX WITH DOOR $300.

Incidently, the issue price of the signed numbered was £75

herbertwest
05-07-2008, 11:08 AM
Should be a link at the top of the catalog page that says "recent comments" herbert.

my mistake
i guess i didnt see it cause isnt underlined, so in my mind wasnt a link...

Randall Flagg
05-07-2008, 01:54 PM

I don't have the Lettered version, but it's mentioned on the Numbered version dust Jacket.....

What was the price in US dollars at time of issue?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-07-2008, 02:25 PM

What was the price in US dollars at time of issue?

Should have read $75

Randall Flagg
05-12-2008, 06:25 AM
Should the Lisey's Story BOMC edition go under Trades, or Gift editions, or Misc?

jhanic
05-12-2008, 08:17 AM
I vote for gift editions, but I don't feel very strongly about it. Either that or misc. I always envision trade editions as available at my neighborhood bookstore. Lisey's was only available from BMOC or its affiliates.

John

Randall Flagg
05-12-2008, 09:01 AM
I think I'll go with the Gift editions and list it as: Lisey's Story BOMC
It can always be changed.
Thanks John.

jhanic
05-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Since you did it that way (which is okay with me!) you might also want to list the BMOC edition of The Green Mile, which also came in a green slipcase. The slipcase has no writing on it, and the trade paperback enclosed does not have a price on it, as opposed to the actual trade paperback, which did.

John

Randall Flagg
05-12-2008, 11:00 AM
As soon as I have images and descriptions I'd be happy to.

herbertwest
06-12-2008, 08:33 PM
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=998
Published in 2000 ? hmmm

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Published in 2000 ? hmmm

Should be 2002

herbertwest
06-13-2008, 03:16 AM
and sometimes i am getting a wee bit confused with the terms...
What does Gift Edition means? perfect to make a present?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-13-2008, 08:37 AM

It's just a marketing phrase to get a bit more money.

Randall Flagg
06-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Published in 2000 ? hmmm

Should be 2002

Corrected, thanks.

herbertwest
06-14-2008, 10:03 AM

It's just a marketing phrase to get a bit more money.

ok, thats clear enough :D

Fsmdr
06-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Randall,

Do you think we should add the Rainy Season print to the S/L list?.

Randall Flagg
06-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Yes. I also need to post the Images for the portfolio (Insomnia?)that was submitted.
I would appreciate if someone could clarify what year the print was released.

Fsmdr
06-19-2008, 09:46 AM
You've got the pic from Cycle Of The Werewolf, but I think there's already a pic in the catalog.

Randall Flagg
06-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Bump.
Still trying to get a year of publication on the Rainy Season S/L print.
Help please!:beat:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Bump.
Still trying to get a year of publication on the Rainy Season S/L print.
Help please!:beat:

Justin Brooks bibliography has it between Midnight Graffitti 1992 and Nightmares and Dreamscapes 1993, but does not give the date.

So its either 1992 or 1993.

Randall Flagg
06-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Would a listing stating 1992-1993 (Circa) be best, if not what would be better wording?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-26-2008, 11:04 PM
Would a listing stating 1992-1993 (Circa) be best, if not what would be better wording?

^ That's fine.

Brice
06-27-2008, 06:26 AM
Actually, if this is correct it would have to be 1993, wouldn't it?

http://www.stephenking.com/pages/Works/list_written_pf.html

Mr. Rabbit Trick
06-27-2008, 06:34 AM
Actually, if this is correct it would have to be 1993, wouldn't it?

http://www.stephenking.com/pages/Works/list_written_pf.html

'fraid not. That list shows when the stories were collected in books, like Rainy Season short story in Nightmares and Dreamscapes.

The first time Rainy Season was published was in Midnight Graffiti magazine (Spring 1989)