PDA

View Full Version : Questions and Comments on our Catalogs

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Brice
06-27-2008, 07:30 AM
Oh... :blush: Right. I should have realized that.

herbertwest
07-07-2008, 02:29 AM
I was reading the french edition of Beahm's Stephen KING from A to Z (1998, Andrews McMeel Publishing) and something stopped me at BUICK SPECIAL.

It says that it is the car that Kings had when they were living at Hermon, Maine, in 1965.
In her introduction to the limited edition of Carrie, Tabitha called it their "pile of mud" Buick (or sort of).

I didnt know that there was a limited edition of Carrie, and i didnt find it either in the catalog or in Skcollector...
so, is it a mistake by George Beahm, during the translation to french, or something which is not really known of?
Carlos?

jhanic
07-07-2008, 04:46 AM
What that is is NOT a limited edition of Carrie, but what was called the Collector's Edition. It was a series of reprints from Doubleday of King's first few books issued with new dust jackets and new introductions by various authors. Carrie had an introduction by Tabitha. I can't remember the others, and I didn't (and have no desire even now) want them.

John

carlosdetweiller
07-07-2008, 05:36 AM
They were trade paperbacks. They had what I think are called "French wraps" style dust jackets. Only six books were done in that style but initially it was planned to do a lot more. The original dust jacket art was reproduced inside the book. I've always thought they made an attractive set of books.

Brice
07-07-2008, 05:39 AM
Thanks Bob! Because of you're explanation of those books I now understand what is meant by "french wraps". :) I've seen the term, but never knew what was meant by it.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks Bob! Because of you're explanation of those books I now understand what is meant by "french wraps". :) I've seen the term, but never knew what was meant by it.

We call them French Flaps, but everyone bursts out laughing when you mention it. :orely:

herbertwest
07-07-2008, 02:11 PM
thanks for the explaination
i dont know if the intro by Tabitha is available in the revised french version... will try to know

its the same for instance, with the "french fries"
i am still trying to understand why.... and... especially say french fries in McDo (which aint french)
so funny...

Randall Flagg
07-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Special thanks to pdj for clarifying that the Rainy Season Print was produced in February, 1990.:cool:

herbertwest
07-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Question about the Tommyknockers.

those catalogs and the collectors websites, says that there are two different versions of the 1st ed of tommyknockers : the name of the author being in red or in gold... right?

well, someone told me (i did ask him his source) that there would be a third one, a SILVER one... does anyone know about it?

jhanic
07-13-2008, 09:30 AM
None that I've ever seen. The proof is gold.

John

herbertwest
07-13-2008, 12:14 PM
it is true: there is one on the website Stephen KING BOOK Covers (that was his source)
http://www.stephenkingshop.com/covers/TheTommyknockers.htm

http://www.stephenkingshop.com/images/books/king/covers/thetommyknochers/tommy_us_silver.gif

jhanic
07-13-2008, 12:16 PM
I've never seen one.

John

carlosdetweiller
07-13-2008, 01:24 PM
I've never seen one either. It could be a printing error as the light coming from under the door is not greenish as on the other books but looks silvery like the lettering. I'd guess it is a printing error but it could be a proof.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-13-2008, 01:34 PM
I think its a photoshop job.

The gold title is subject to loss on the hardcover DJ as shown by the example on the covers page. I find it highly unlikely that a silver title would suffer a similar loss.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Don't believe everything you see or read on the net. Here is the picure of Duma Key from the UK publisher's website. This was never used.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8527/duma2jp9.jpg

jhanic
07-13-2008, 02:15 PM
I've never seen one either. It could be a printing error as the light coming from under the door is not greenish as on the other books but looks silvery like the lettering. I'd guess it is a printing error but it could be a proof.

The only US Tommyknockers proofs I've seen all had the gold coloring.

John

Randall Flagg
07-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Perhaps akin to the "Bachman Shining".

herbertwest
07-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Don't believe everything you see or read on the net. Here is the picure of Duma Key from the UK publisher's website. This was never used.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8527/duma2jp9.jpg

i know : that was why i asked you guys...
anyway, its not because a cover havent been used that there aint circulating.... maybe the printing error as some of you think, are around, but aint the used cover...

anyway, thanks for sharing your knowledge guys :-)

carlosdetweiller
07-13-2008, 05:19 PM

The only US Tommyknockers proofs I've seen all had the gold coloring.

John

I was just guessing it might be a proof dust jacket or a trial dust jacket or a preliminary artist concept dust jacket or something like that. Just speculation.

tippy4
07-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Jerome,

What else are you missing for the Signed, Numbered or Lettered Editions section?

Looks like you are missing

1987 The Drawing of the Three (DTII) Audio S/L
1985 Cycle of the Werewolf portfolio 350
1994 Insomnia portfolio 400
1998 Legends 50 + 200 = 250
2003 Borderlands 5 Lettered.

What else?

Randall Flagg
07-14-2008, 07:55 PM
tippy, I think (but I am constantly suprised at how wrong I am) what you have listed is what's missing.
If there is something else missing I hope someone will point it out. I'll need to cross reference the list of S/L'd to the catalog.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
No excuse, but I have also been spending a ton of time on the Calendar entries.

Fsmdr
07-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Also I think missing:

999 S/L 500 + 52 = 552

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-14-2008, 11:14 PM
Also I think missing:

999 S/L 500 + 52 = 552

This is not signed by King, so isn't included.

Jerome

The Drawing of the Three S/L Audio..... Don't know why it doesn't show up on the main list.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?p=141258&highlight=drawing+of+the+three+audio#post141258

Randall Flagg
07-15-2008, 06:05 AM
Jerome

The Drawing of the Three S/L Audio..... Don't know why it doesn't show up on the main list.

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?p=141258&highlight=drawing+of+the+three+audio#post141258

It should show up now.
Thanks, I thought I remembered that one.

tippy4
07-15-2008, 04:19 PM
So that just leaves....

1985 Cycle of the Werewolf portfolio 350
2003 Borderlands 5 Lettered 52

I don't have any of these, but someone here must?!

Randall Flagg
07-15-2008, 04:23 PM
I think the Insomnia pics were posted a few pages back. If so, I've been recalcitrant on that one. The others will require help as I don't own any of them.
<--------------------Gets on kness and begs for high res photos.

Fsmdr
07-15-2008, 04:43 PM
Jerome,

I think you have the Cycle Of Werewolf porfolio pics I sent you?.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-16-2008, 02:31 AM
[QUOTE=Randall Flagg;210480]
If so, I've been recalcitrant on that one.

WTF. Where did that come from? :scared:

tippy4
07-16-2008, 08:04 AM
I thought the same thing.

Had to look it up.

reˇcalˇciˇtrant

adjective

1. resisting authority or control; not obedient or compliant; refractory.

Randall Flagg
07-16-2008, 01:47 PM
[quote=Randall Flagg;210480]
If so, I've been recalcitrant on that one.

WTF. Where did that come from? :scared:
My mind.
It means-to me, I have slacked off.:arg:

Randall Flagg
07-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Jerome,

I think you have the Cycle Of Werewolf porfolio pics I sent you?.
That's the one I have been recalcitrant about.
I'll go look for it soon.

jemaher
07-18-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm not recalcitrant, I'm just enthusiastic about apathy!

tippy4
07-18-2008, 12:43 PM
I "borrowed" these images from an auction that is currently running.

BL5 LETTERED (http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/893/borderlands1ok6.jpg)

BL5 LETTERED (http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/6016/borderlands2by3.jpg)

BL5 LETTERED (http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5534/borderlands3cg7.jpg)

BL5 LETTERED (http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/9189/borderlands5pl3.jpg)

BL5 LETTERED (http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6676/borderlands4uv9.jpg)

Randall Flagg
07-19-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks Tippy. I added the book. I'm not thrilled with my text, so if someone has any improvements let me know.
I also need the issue price.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-19-2008, 02:18 PM
The text is fine. Can't help with the issue price.

Patrick
07-19-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm not recalcitrant, I'm just enthusiastic about apathy!
:lol:

Great work, Jerome and everyone helping him.

carlosdetweiller
07-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks Tippy. I added the book. I'm not thrilled with my text, so if someone has any improvements let me know.
I also need the issue price.

$500

Randall Flagg
07-20-2008, 06:41 AM
Thanks Bob.

Randall Flagg
07-20-2008, 10:36 AM
I posted the Cycle of the werewolf Portfolio. Don't know what the issue price was.

Still need help on these:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-04-2008, 07:08 AM
Do you think we should add The Green Mile The Two Dead Girls signed by King and limited to 36 copies to the signed/limited collection?

We have the Fantasy & Science Fiction magazine signed/limited, so why not this?

jhanic
08-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Which edition is this? I have a copy of The Two Dead Girls limited edition contest manuscript that is signed by King, but I thought there were only six copies issued. A thumbnail is attached.

John

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Which edition is this? I have a copy of The Two Dead Girls limited edition contest manuscript that is signed by King, but I thought there were only six copies issued. A thumbnail is attached.

John

That's the one John. There were 36 as noted in the letter from the publisher that came with it.

jhanic
08-04-2008, 08:43 AM
The copy I got (see below) says:

Six winners were chosen for each chapter and each won a final manuscript of that particular chapter, signed by Stephen King, with his handwritten corrections in the margins. The the Grand Prize winner was chosen from all 36 chapter winners. The first entry (for The Two Dead Girls) was the final winner.

I've never seen any reference, however, to any of the other five chapter manuscripts. I don't even know if they exist.

John

tippy4
08-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Do you think we should add The Green Mile The Two Dead Girls signed by King and limited to 36 copies to the signed/limited collection?

Hmmmm good question.

Along the same lines....what about this?
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9832/bookmarkuy5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
This is the signed bookmark King sent out to those still on his waiting list to get a book signed just before the release of The Revised Gunslinger (Ignore the copy of The Stand in the photo).

And this?
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/519/medium/SK_Book_Plate.JPG
The signed book plate from the Tom Allen Campaign.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-04-2008, 09:17 AM
The copy I got (see below) says:

Six winners were chosen for each chapter and each won a final manuscript of that particular chapter, signed by Stephen King, with his handwritten corrections in the margins. The the Grand Prize winner was chosen from all 36 chapter winners. The first entry (for The Two Dead Girls) was the final winner.

I've never seen any reference, however, to any of the other five chapter manuscripts. I don't even know if they exist.

John

I've never seen any reference to the other five chapters either, so I presumed all 36 winners got the same one. They must have got *something* as a prize.

If there are only 6 of these I would be most happy, but I doubt it.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-04-2008, 09:22 AM

Hmmmm good question.

Along the same lines....what about this?
This is the signed bookmark King sent out to those still on his waiting list to get a book signed just before the release of The Revised Gunslinger (Ignore the copy of The Stand in the photo).

And this?
The signed book plate from the Tom Allen Campaign.

The title in the Stephen King Collectibles Catalog is Signed, Numbered or Lettered Editions, so IMO it should only be books.

tippy4
08-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Yeah, but there are already non-book items in there.

Cujo Guitar
Rainy Season Print
Letters From Hell
DT1 Audio
DT2 Audio
Insomnia Portfoilo (pending)
Cycle of the Werewolf Portfolio

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Yeah, but there are alreay non book items in there.

Cujo Guitar
Rainy Season Print
Letters From Hell
DT1 Audio
DT2 Audio
Insomnia Portfoilo

I know and that's why I wrote IMO. Just my opinion.

tippy4
08-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Perhaps a name change to the section might be in order?

How about changing

Signed, Numbered or Lettered Editions,

to

Signed, Limited Editions?

Then, three items listed above would fit the description since none of them are lettered or numbered (just like the Fantasy and Science Ficiton Magazine already in the catalog).

I dunno...just bouncing around an idea.

Being the nerd that I am, I just went to Meriam Webster Dictionary.com and looked up LIMITED EDITION

"An issue of something collectible (as books, prints, or medals) that is advertised to be limited to a relatively small number of copies "

Jerome? Thoughts?

Randall Flagg
08-04-2008, 11:42 AM
I think we have to be a bit careful and considerate what we add. Technically we could have an entry for any and every thing signed by King. The initial idea was we would catalog books. That evolved with things mentions such as the Cujo Guitar, Rainy Season print etc.
I honestly don't have a clearcut answer I can hang my hat on-and in fact would prefer not to be (although if it comes down to it I guess I must give some defining opinion) the ultimate arbiter on the matter.
I'd like for other Collector's-people able to present rational thoughts far better than I, to weigh in on the matter.

gsvec
08-04-2008, 11:59 AM
IMHO, the "Signed, Numbered or Lettered Editions" should stay with the books only. Couldn't things like the Cujo guitar, portfolios, etc., be moved to the "Miscellaneous" catalog? Maybe create a "Signed Miscellaneous" catalog?

I had a tough time with these 'categories' while I was organizing my own collection. Aside from the multiple categories for actual SK books, I ended up with these categories: SK In Collections (i.e., dystopia, 999, Borderlines 5, Moth, etc.), Books about SK (i.e., Bare Bones, Fear Itself, etc.), Magazines (i.e., Cavalier, F&SF, etc.), Movies, Comics, and Miscellaneos (subcategorized by promo items, portfolios/artwork, etc. - my Cujo Guitar is "Other" under Misc). All that might be a bit much for the catalogs on here, but I'd be willing to help!! :D

jhanic
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Gretchen, My Excel spreadsheet has almost identical categories as what you have. I just call my "collections" anthologies instead, and I lump all your miscellaneous stuff under promos.

John

gsvec
08-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Gretchen, My Excel spreadsheet has almost identical categories as what you have. I just call my "collections" anthologies instead, and I lump all your miscellaneous stuff under promos.

John

I did cell dropdowns on my spreadsheet to further classify the entries on each of the tabs (categories). I did the same thing for condition and a few other fields. It was tough at first to figure out the main categories and then each of the dropdowns, but in the long run it was definitely worth the effort. 8)

tippy4
08-04-2008, 03:04 PM
For me, the qualifying factor for items in the SIGNED SECTION is that they were made specifically to be signed by Stephen King.

So, that being said, I support adding the following items:

The Green Mile: The Two Dead Girls (http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7505/green20mile2023120contesz1.jpg) signed by King limited to 36 copies
Tom Allen Campaign Signed Bookplate (http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8590/skbookplatemd8.jpg) limited to 500 copies
Signed Bookmark (http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3658/bookmarkoi4.jpg) promoting The Revised Gunslinger and the last three DT Books

e_taylor
08-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I think we have to be a bit careful and considerate what we add. Technically we could have an entry for any and every thing signed by King. The initial idea was we would catalog books. That evolved with things mentions such as the Cujo Guitar, Rainy Season print etc.
I honestly don't have a clearcut answer I can hang my hat on-and in fact would prefer not to be (although if it comes down to it I guess I must give some defining opinion) the ultimate arbiter on the matter.
I'd like for other Collector's-people able to present rational thoughts far better than I, to weigh in on the matter.

Not that my opinion is overly useful - but I'd say the defining criteria should be the item's merit if it were not signed.

For instance, books and art portfolios have merit on their own for being written by King or made for a King book. A blank bookplate has no merit, therefore a "limited edition" signed bookplate shouldn't be included in the catalog. Likewise, an unsigned promo bookmark wouldn't be included, so the addition of a signature shouldn't make it so.

The Rainy Season Print and Letters from Hell should, given that they were written by King, and are simply presented in different media. The Cujo guitar I can't quite make my mind up on.

tippy4
08-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Not that my opinion is overly useful - but I'd say the defining criteria should be the item's merit if it were not signed.

For instance, books and art portfolios have merit on their own for being written by King or made for a King book. A blank bookplate has no merit, therefore a "limited edition" signed bookplate shouldn't be included in the catalog. Likewise, an unsigned promo bookmark wouldn't be included, so the addition of a signature shouldn't make it so.

"Merit" is tricky to judge.

For instance, I actually collect Stephen King bookmarks, so to me even an unsigned one has merit.

e_taylor
08-04-2008, 03:51 PM

"Merit" is tricky to judge.

For instance, I actually collect Stephen King bookmarks, so to me even an unsigned one has merit.

Not merit as in its existence or collectability, but simply in its belonging to the catalouge.

gsvec
08-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Either way, I'm DEFINITELY keeping this one! :rock:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e73/gsvec/Stephen%20King%20Collection/B%20-%20SK%20Trade%20Editions/Signed/Bag_Bones_1st_Sig_Sm.jpg

jhanic
08-05-2008, 03:12 PM
WOW!! Congratulations on one in your name!

John

gsvec
08-05-2008, 03:18 PM
WOW!! Congratulations on one in your name!

John

Thanks, John! He signed it just for me at a book signing in NYC. I have pics of the two of us, but I just look so bad (aka hungover) that I've never really done anythig with them!

Patrick
08-06-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm just getting caught up on the discussion above. Everyone has good points...

Nice book, Gretchen!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Congrats on getting a personalized copy Gretchen. Great inscription.

tippy4
08-27-2008, 12:00 PM
This debate kind of died off, but I thought I would poke it with a stick to see if it was still alive.

I thought my "if it was made to be signed, it should be in the section" argument was pretty convincing!

Jerome...thoughts?

tippy4
09-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Jerome, here are some images of the Insomnia Portfolio for The Catalog.

Insomnia Portfolio
(http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9310/picture001np7.jpg)
Insomnia Portfolio (http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1557/picture011ew0.jpg)

Insomnia Portfolio (http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5610/picture002ad3.jpg)

Insomnia Portfolio (http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3746/picture003ux5.jpg)

Insomnia Portfolio (http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/7394/picture004st5.jpg)

Insomnia Portfolio (http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5917/picture005tv0.jpg)

Insomnia Portfolio (http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9776/picture006gm3.jpg)

Insomnia Portfolio (http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/8514/picture007el7.jpg)

Insomnia Portfolio (http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6760/picture008uf6.jpg)

Insomnia Portfolio (http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2448/picture010lq5.jpg)

Insomnia Portfolio (http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9825/picture009ji2.jpg)

The portfolio measures 13" x 18 " and contains 6 images.

All that you are missing now is the 1998 S/L Legends (50 + 200 = 250)

Randall Flagg
09-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks Tippy4. I'll work on getting the listing up soon.

Patrick
09-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Thanks for taking those pics, tippy.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Could one of the mods for the King Illustrations Catalogue add these to a new listing for "Needful Things"?

Publisher: Chivers Press, Bath, England
Pub. Date: 1993
Artist: Unknown

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/563/nt_1.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/nt_2.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/nt_3.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/nt_4.jpg

herbertwest
10-09-2008, 10:39 AM
thanks for that discovery!

Maybe others by the same publisher?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Maybe others by the same publisher?

I have several other Chivers Press hardbacks, and this is the only one with illustrations.

herbertwest
10-18-2008, 02:27 AM
could anyone do that please???

Randall Flagg
10-20-2008, 03:19 PM
could anyone do that please???
Most of us have been in Las Vegas for the last few days. We are catching up now. I assure you it will be done shortly.

herbertwest
10-20-2008, 11:43 PM
No prob! I forgot the Vegas event... GOnna watch the pix!

Randall Flagg
10-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Could one of the mods for the King Illustrations Catalogue add these to a new listing for "Needful Things"?

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/563/nt_1.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/nt_2.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/nt_3.jpg
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/500/nt_4.jpg
Done.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-21-2008, 07:10 AM

Done.

:thumbsup:

Randall Flagg
10-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Carlosdetweiler alerted me to the fact that there are red covered Insomnia portfolios that contain an original piece of art by Phil Hale. It is unclear as to the number produced, but thought to be the first 10-20. Any help clarifying this question, as well as information as to the issue price (Red and blue) would be greatly appreciated.
Here is the Catalog link (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=5417)

gsvec
10-23-2008, 06:13 PM
I put a feeler out to a friend of mine who was born and raised in Trenton, NJ (poor thing :lol:) where Glimmer Graphics was to see if she had any leads. Maybe Karen can check at DMG? If I'm not mistaken, I think they sold them.

herbertwest
10-24-2008, 12:24 AM
Carlosdetweiler alerted me to the fact that there are red covered Insomnia portfolios that contain an original piece of art by Phil Hale. It is unclear as to the number produced, but thought to be the first 10-20. Any help clarifying this question, as well as information as to the issue price (Red and blue) would be greatly appreciated.
Here is the Catalog link (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=5417)

true!
the cover and the following one is not in the insomnia book (well, i mean, on the pix available in the thread, as i dont own it)

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/2448/picture010lq5.jpg

I added it to the thread of Insomnia.... if there are any mistakes or misunderstood...

herbertwest
10-24-2008, 12:34 AM
I did put some more illustrations in the Illustration Catalog, in the gunslinger thread, but i am lacking some information (can we say it that way? it sounds wrong to me)

gsvec
10-24-2008, 02:27 PM
I think what RF was referring to are the Insomnia portfolios that included an original sketch - not just the prints. There's a sample in the catalog link he provided. I have #51 (black cover, not red) and the print you posted above is included, but no original sketch.

herbertwest
10-25-2008, 01:34 AM
Yeah i've seen it, but i did notice from the link that there were some illustrations missing in the thread...

I didnt put the 'original' one, as this is corresponding to an illustration that is already there... but maybe i should? at least mention it...?
in that case, are there any other originals in limited editions or sort of?

Randall Flagg
10-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks to wizardsrainbow I was able to post Legends S/L to the Catalog:panic:

tippy4
10-31-2008, 12:31 PM
WooHoo!

Are we missing anything now?

Randall Flagg
10-31-2008, 02:55 PM
Lots of information is missing. In particular issue price for many books.

Fsmdr
11-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Jerome,

are we not also missing the Salem's Lot S/L?.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-01-2008, 11:18 AM
Jerome,

Try looking at the first 2 on the list Gretchen :)

jhanic
11-01-2008, 11:24 AM
fsmdr is Juliana.

cevsq is Gretchen. She used to be gsvec.

John

gsvec
11-01-2008, 11:34 AM
fsmdr is Juliana.

John

And I believe once the weekend's over, I'll be gsvec again! :D

turtlex
11-01-2008, 11:35 AM
And I believe once the weekend's over, I'll be gsvec again! :D

Oh, no, this confusitorium lasts all weekend?!?

I am doomed :)

Randall Flagg
11-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Jerome,

The lists are alphabetical, but 'Salem's Lot comes prior to "A" because of the starting apostrophe.

Now I need to go through every listing and correct the ones that have the Table of Contents prior to the book description and photos.
If anyone sees specific entries that are like that, feel free to mention them here. I'll correct them as I am notified.

Thanks.

Fsmdr
11-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Aah...thanks.

I must be blind as a bat!. I see it now. Also, I believe the gift Salem's Lot was $75 issue price if I'm not mistaken.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-02-2008, 01:20 AM
fsmdr is Juliana.

John

Thanks for the reminder John. I'm always mixing girl's names up. :doh:

To save a slap on the face, I'll just call girls "Honey" now. :evil:

jhanic
11-02-2008, 04:49 AM
That would probably get us a kick in the .... :cry:

John

herbertwest
11-04-2008, 04:39 AM
I think, that the current item that i am selling on ebay, (the green mile #1, limited, 300 copies with fac simile signature (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270297350547&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=017)) would have his place in the catalog, no?

Isnt it a collectible item? i think so...
And then, would require being in one of the collection of you guys... Randall? :orely: :P

herbertwest
11-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Someone will have to create a The Little Sisters of Eluria in the Illustrations Catalog, even though dont have a lot of informations just now.

Karen (if you read this) : Do you think that it will be 'ok' to post the illustrations? when it will be possible (they'll maybe even be available on the official SK website)

herbertwest
11-24-2008, 02:47 PM
up for the last message...

Randall Flagg
11-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Added. No info, so it says "under construction"

tippy4
11-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Gonna have to add it it to the SIGNED NUMBERED OR LETTERED EDITIONS and the GIFT AND ARTIST EDITIONS sections of the Collectibles Catalog too.

herbertwest
11-24-2008, 04:28 PM
thanks randall :-)

Randall Flagg
12-22-2008, 06:49 AM
What was the issue price for the S/L 'Salem's Lot? The 1/380.

jhanic
12-22-2008, 06:53 AM
Including shipping, $470.

John

Randall Flagg
12-22-2008, 06:54 AM
W/O shipping?

jhanic
12-22-2008, 06:55 AM
I THINK it was $450, but I'm not sure.

John

<edit>

I just checked the Collector's website and he lists the price as $470, but I save the total price in my spreadsheet and I show $470, which would have included shipping.

John

shnnrc01
12-22-2008, 01:14 PM
i was charged $425.

Room 217 Caretaker
12-22-2008, 02:38 PM
I THINK it was $450, but I'm not sure.

John

<edit>

I just checked the Collector's website and he lists the price as $470, but I save the total price in my spreadsheet and I show $470, which would have included shipping.

John

In my collectorz.com software, I show total $470 including shipping for the signed limited Salem's.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Randall Flagg
01-03-2009, 02:31 PM
It has been brought to my attention that Dandelion Wine, despite having a copyright page stating 2007, was not shipped until late January 2008.
For purposes of the Catalog, I think it should be listed as 2007, with a notation mentioning that shipping commenced in 2008.
Thoughts?

tippy4
01-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Agreed.

Go with what the copyright page states, but mention that it did not start shipping until January 2008.

Patrick
01-03-2009, 05:25 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for noting that in the catalog, Jerome. And thanks to Mr. Rabbit Trick for pointing it out.

Randall Flagg
01-03-2009, 05:54 PM
I think the Catalog should state the copyright year, with notations if the issue year is different. As such I will notate Dandelion Wine. If anyone spots other books where a notation should be made, please alert us here.
Thanks.

jhanic
01-03-2009, 05:55 PM
I have the feeling that the upcoming Gauntlet Press's He Is Legend is going to one of those also.

John

Randall Flagg
01-15-2009, 10:04 AM
I have edited the first description line for the Lettered and the S/L entries for The Regulators. It appears there are only one lettered and one numbered prototype.

It now reads:

500 Numbered, 52 lettered, at least 2 prototypes (one lettered, one numbered), and approximately 51 “Presentation” copies were produced.

Randall Flagg
01-16-2009, 09:58 AM
I just received this confirmation from Charnel House:

Hi Jerome,

There was one 3 bullet binding and one "Toy box" prototype made.

Joe Stefko

herbertwest
01-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Where can we find pictures of the toy box one again?

Randall Flagg
01-16-2009, 03:31 PM
The standard S/L is in our Catalog here: Regulators, The - S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=995)

Wiz posted a pic of a PC copy (I think, but could be wrong) that is the "Toy Box" prototype. It's around here somewhere.

Patrick
01-18-2009, 03:48 AM
I just received this confirmation from Charnel House:

Hi Jerome,

There was one 3 bullet binding and one "Toy box" prototype made.

Joe Stefko

Where can we find pictures of the toy box one again?
The standard S/L is in our Catalog here: Regulators, The - S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=995)

Wiz posted a pic of a PC copy (I think, but could be wrong) that is the "Toy Box" prototype. It's around here somewhere.
Discussion, including photos, of both the Lettered and Numbered prototypes of THE REGULATORS can be found starting on page 143 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=377&page=143) of the Pride & Joy thread.

herbertwest
01-21-2009, 12:13 PM
For the King illustration catalog :
would someone mind taking pix of the illustrations inside the LSOE book? (or maybe we should wait like 2 weeks/1 month that everyone that ordered it discover the illustrations within?

Can at least give further informations, such as the number of the illustrations?

Randall Flagg
01-22-2009, 02:54 PM
I was hoping for some opinions on whether to enter the 2 'Regulator's prototypes separately or together under one heading.
The 3 bullet lettered is significantly different then the end product.
Other than the check itself, the "Toy" prototype is almost indistinguishable from the standard version.

jhanic
01-22-2009, 04:07 PM
I would say list them together as prototypes. They ARE unique!

John

Patrick
01-22-2009, 04:58 PM
I agree with John.

Randall Flagg
01-22-2009, 07:06 PM
Unless I hear otherwise, I will list them in the S/L- Lettered area as:

Regulators, The - Prototypes

Patrick
01-23-2009, 11:44 PM

tippy4
02-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Time to add a LSOE page to the signed section and to the artist section.

Randall Flagg
02-17-2009, 09:36 AM
I will, but I haven't received my books to scan them in.:angry:

herbertwest
02-17-2009, 10:17 AM
If you scan pages of it, would you mind scanning the illustrations as well? :P

Randall Flagg
02-17-2009, 02:33 PM
If you scan pages of it, would you mind scanning the illustrations as well? :P
I can't do that effectively. Scanning the front, back and spine is not too difficult. To scan each and every illustration properly would require opening the book in a fashion that would damage the book(s).

herbertwest
02-17-2009, 03:08 PM
true! I must have thought u'd open it to scann.. dunno, the copyright page

Randall Flagg
02-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Thomas at http://www.stephenkingcollector.com (http://www.stephenkingcollector.com/) just clarified that the traycase for 'Salem's Lot was $48.95, not $49.95.

jhanic
02-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Interesting. I was charged $49.95.

John

Randall Flagg
02-17-2009, 05:52 PM
I think Thomas owes you a buck.:thumbsup: I'll try and clarify with him.

gsvec
02-17-2009, 06:52 PM
When I needed to get a replacement traycase, he said in our email convos that the original price was $48.95.

Patrick
02-22-2009, 02:21 PM
When I needed to get a replacement traycase, he said in our email convos that the original price was $48.95.
A replacement traycase? Does that mean you had already received one?

Randall Flagg
03-03-2009, 02:32 PM
I posted the entry for The Little Sisters of Eluria AE.
Would appreciate any thoughts before I do the S/l.
TIA.

turtlex
03-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Looks awesome!

wizardsrainbow
03-04-2009, 03:52 AM
Looks fabulous Jerome. You would win my "presentation" award, both for your depictions of books in the catalog here as well as the set-up of your books and cases in your own home!

Room 217 Caretaker
03-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Very nice Jerome. Not to hijack the thread but what camera/lens do you use? Your getting great close-up shots.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Randall Flagg
03-04-2009, 11:28 AM
Very nice Jerome. Not to hijack the thread but what camera/lens do you use? Your getting great close-up shots.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

It's an Olympus C-750 Digital camera. 4.0 Megapixels. I usually take the pics using a tripod. The backdrops are chincy but they work. Solid color towels, or bed sheets suffice.
For the scans i use my HP Photosmart 2610xi. I am annoyed that this is my second scanner that developed a "haze" line on the inside of the scan glass. I think I'll take this one back to Costco.

FYI, I just posted the listing for the LSOE S/L.

Room 217 Caretaker
03-04-2009, 12:24 PM

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

It's an Olympus C-750 Digital camera. 4.0 Megapixels. I usually take the pics using a tripod. The backdrops are chincy but they work. Solid color towels, or bed sheets suffice.
For the scans i use my HP Photosmart 2610xi. I am annoyed that this is my second scanner that developed a "haze" line on the inside of the scan glass. I think I'll take this one back to Costco.

FYI, I just posted the listing for the LSOE S/L.

The backdrops work just fine. Nice job on the LSOE you posted.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Randall Flagg
03-08-2009, 01:07 PM
I am trying to rework the graphic presentation for the Catalog. Please compare these two different listings and provide constructive comments.
Thanks.

LSOE S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=7507)

LSOE AE (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=7500)

herbertwest
03-08-2009, 01:29 PM
the new design looks so much better!

My only "constructive comment" would be that I think the "comment" part should go to the line... as a "bonus" to the description.. na?

jhanic
03-08-2009, 02:02 PM
I also like the new format.

John

Randall Flagg
03-08-2009, 02:36 PM
It's just a test. I also tried a wraparound but I don't have it right.
Here is the wraparound attempt:

Skeleton Crew 1/1 (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1124)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-08-2009, 11:53 PM
I am trying to rework the graphic presentation for the Catalog. Please compare these two different listings and provide constructive comments.
Thanks.

I like the newer format as well.

Note on the AE list wording:

"This volume contains that expanded version as well as the novella The Little Sisters of Eluria"

I think this should say, "This volume contains the expanded version of 'The Gunslinger' as well as the novella The Little Sisters of Eluria"

Randall Flagg
03-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Thanks. I corrected it.

Randall Flagg
03-10-2009, 09:56 AM
I ahve started to change the listings and began with the Signed Limited area first. I have completed through the C's. Tell me what you think.
A couple of examples:
Cujo S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=972)

Complete Masters of Darkness, The – S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=2426)

Cycle of the Werewolf - S/L PC (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=978)

Matt
03-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Love it Jerome, that looks really slick.

I love how the spine is first. :thumbsup:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
03-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Big improvement Jerome.

I'd forgotten just how nice the Masters' cover was.

Matt
03-10-2009, 12:44 PM
That one is really cool too!

Regardless of my prior post, putting the spine pic in the center of that one is genius.

Looks really good!

Patrick
03-10-2009, 11:28 PM
They look great, Jerome. Thanks for taking the time to "upgrade" the Catalog!

Randall Flagg
08-23-2009, 01:02 PM
In light of recent discussions, I was thinking of changing the Catalog entries fro DTII, DTIII, and DTIV to reflect that there doesn't appear to be any lettered editions.
I would appreciate feedback, and really be thankful for the best wording.

Room 217 Caretaker
08-23-2009, 03:36 PM
As it stands at this time the publisher doesn't have on record the making of a lettered edition for DT II, III, or DT IV. Until one appears among the collectors or records indicate other wise. They don't exist in the collectors world.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-23-2009, 10:02 PM
As it stands at this time the publisher doesn't have on record the making of a lettered edition for DT II, III, or DT IV. Until one appears among the collectors or records indicate other wise. They don't exist in the collectors world.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

I agree totally with that. No evidence, they don't exist.

Randall Flagg
08-24-2009, 06:20 AM
So completely omit any mention of them?

Currently DTII reads: "5 Lettered copies: A-Z, AA-II, 12 Publisher's, 40 Author's, 10 Artist copies, 850 numbered copies and an indeterminate number of presentation copies were produced."

New wording:12 Publisher's, 40 Author's, 10 Artist copies, 850 numbered copies and an indeterminate number of presentation copies were produced.

Thoughts?

jhanic
08-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Looks okay to me.

John

Rahfa
08-24-2009, 07:32 AM
Where did the verification of that specific figure of 12 Publishers, 40 Author's and 10 Artists come from?

Probably the same source that said there were Lettered copies.

Obviously, there are confirmed exampes of those (although I've never seen a "presentation" copy, just "Publishers," "Author's and "Artists") . But I think I would call them all an "Indeterminate number" until there is some sort of verifcation - which I doubt there will ever be.

Room 217 Caretaker
08-24-2009, 08:30 AM
So completely omit any mention of them?

Currently DTII reads: "5 Lettered copies: A-Z, AA-II, 12 Publisher's, 40 Author's, 10 Artist copies, 850 numbered copies and an indeterminate number of presentation copies were produced."

New wording:12 Publisher's, 40 Author's, 10 Artist copies, 850 numbered copies and an indeterminate number of presentation copies were produced.

Thoughts?

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-24-2009, 09:21 AM
OK Jerome. We spotted the deliberate mistake, only 5 lettered editions :)

Randall Flagg
08-24-2009, 05:06 PM
It wasn't deliberate:P We still don't have any images or proof of a lettered DTII-DTVII.
Rafha has a good point. I wonder if it's best to say "According to George Beahm....(list book(s) names:"
35 Lettered copies: A-Z, AA-II, 12 Publisher's, 40 Author's, 10 Artist copies, 850 numbered copies and an indeterminate number of presentation copies were produced."
These numbers have yet to be confirmed.

Patrick
08-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Perhaps do a combination of simply omitting the reference to the Lettered editions where appropriate as discussed above, then reference Beahm as needed on the other info (no need to reference him on the Numbered editions as we all have verification of that on our bookshelves).

Randall Flagg
08-25-2009, 06:06 AM
Has anyone seen an Artist, a PC, a Publisher, or an Author's copy of any of these?

Room 217 Caretaker
08-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Has anyone seen an Artist, a PC, a Publisher, or an Author's copy of any of these?

I've seen two different S/L publishers copies of Wastelands & WAG.

I even have picture proof if I can find it. I used to own them. I used them for a trade sometime ago.

Hope this helps.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA

Randall Flagg
08-25-2009, 08:51 AM

I even have picture proof if I can find it. I used to own them. I used them for a trade sometime ago.

Hope this helps.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA
I absolutely believe you, but a pic would be great.

Rahfa
08-25-2009, 09:12 AM
I'm too lazy to drag out my DT II "Author's Copy" to take a picture right now, but I can verify it exists...and I have seen a couple others for sale over the years.

As for "Artists" or "Publishers," I have memories of seeing them, although I guess I wouldn't stake absolute rock-solid confidence in it. I edited my original post above to clarify...

carlosdetweiller
08-25-2009, 09:21 AM
"Publisher's Copy" state exists for all seven of the DT books published by DMG. There are a few of us that have complete sets. As to the actual number of copies of each edition...that is less clear. DMG once stated in an interview that "about a dozen" copies were done of DT 1. Some sites have taken this to mean that exactly twelve "P/C" copies exist of DT 1. I am not sure if they are right in that assumption or not.

Regardless, "P/C" copies of DT 1 are the rarest in the series. I have never been sure exactly how many "P/C" copies of the other six books were done. I have been told at various times by people within DMG that "about 50" is the right number for each of the other six books. I'm not sure anyone knows the exact numbers for certain.

"Author's Copy" state exists for DT 2. I think that is the only one I have seen. I don't recall seeing stated "Author's Copy" for any of the other books.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
08-25-2009, 09:32 AM
From Chris Cavalier's Collection:

Dark Tower Series - Donald M. Grant Limited Ed Complete matching PC set of Dark Tower Books I - VII Signed Fine

Drawing of the Three - Donald M. Grant 1987 Limited Ed #4 of 5 designated Artist's Copy in slipcase Signed Fine

Drawing of the Three - Donald M. Grant 1987 Limited Ed 1 of a handful designated "Author's Copy". Inscribed "For Kaybird, With admiration, respect, thanks and all my love". Steve King 6/14/87. To Kay McCauley, Kirby's sister. Inscribed Fine

Randall Flagg
08-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Sounds like "indeterminate number of Artist, Author, Presentation and Publisher copies"
is the way to word it.

Patrick
08-26-2009, 03:31 PM
I agree, Jerome. Thanks for the input, everyone.

biomieg
08-26-2009, 11:02 PM
I agree, too, although personally I like the idea of adding a disclaimer note that says something along the lines of 'there have been rumours about the existence of so-and-so many copies of such-and-such state, based on [ reference ] but this has not been confirmed'. I like this because it gives the books a more tangible quality of scarcity (if you know what I mean)... ;)

Simply stating 'indeterminate' sounds like there may be many copies floating around and as a collector, I don't want large numbers of these books to exist :P

e_taylor
08-27-2009, 03:23 AM

Hope this helps.

Mulleins
Cumberland VA
I absolutely believe you, but a pic would be great.

I don't think theres any doubt about the existence of PC copies, but heres photo evidence of II - VII + LSoE:

http://i35.tinypic.com/314w7d1.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/2z4y3xz.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/nysqon.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/15qrl2f.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/t8tafq.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2ur2hhw.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/6zyasn.jpg

turtlex
08-27-2009, 05:02 AM
Eric - :clap: impressive.

e_taylor
08-27-2009, 05:08 AM
As for numbers of PC copies made for each volume, heres what I have in my records:

DTI - 12 copies
DTII - 20 copies
DTIII - 30 copies
DTIV - DTVII - 50 copies
LSoE - can probably assume 50 copies

I remember discussing this before, but can't find the posts right now. I got those numbers from a reputable collector who said they got them from Robert. I think realistically, these are best guesses only. The actual number may be more and may be less, but will likely never be known. Perhaps something to the effect of, "Approximately __ number of PC copies produced, marked "Publisher's Copy"" would be worded best?

e_taylor
08-27-2009, 05:25 AM
And now that I think about it, I don't think we should overlook the wording of the limitation pages either.

For instance, DTII reads: "This edition is limited to 850 copies of which 800 are for sale."

That means to me that we have 850 copies total, 800 of which are numbered 1 through 800 and then 50 copies divided between PC, Artist's and Author's copies.

This "Edition of X of which X are for sale" holds through to DTV, each time, there are 50 extra copies not for sale. DTVI, DTVII and LSoE are therefore crapshoots I guess.

So I think its safe to say that for DTII - DTV there are 50 copies outside the limitation divided between the different states (PC, Artist, Author). If no one here has seen proof of Artist/Author then I say they don't exist.

So for DTII I contend that there are 50 copies outside the limitation divided between PC, Artist and Author's copies.

I don't know about DTIII - input?

For DTIV and DTV I contend that there are 50 PC copies outside the limitations and no more.

For DTVI, DTVII and LSoE - hopefully they are recent enough that Karen can get Robert to give us an accurate number of out of series copies.

Thoughts??

biomieg
08-27-2009, 05:59 AM
That makes a lot of sense Eric!

Randall Flagg
08-27-2009, 06:04 AM
I agree, too, although personally I like the idea of adding a disclaimer note that says something along the lines of 'there have been rumours about the existence of so-and-so many copies of such-and-such state, based on [ reference ] but this has not been confirmed'. I like this because it gives the books a more tangible quality of scarcity (if you know what I mean)... ;)

Simply stating 'indeterminate' sounds like there may be many copies floating around and as a collector, I don't want large numbers of these books to exist :P

That's why I worded it "Indeterminate number (though thought to be only a handful) of Publisher's, Author's, Artist copies, and Presentation copies."

And now that I think about it, I don't think we should overlook the wording of the limitation pages either.

For instance, DTII reads: "This edition is limited to 850 copies of which 800 are for sale."

That means to me that we have 850 copies total, 800 of which are numbered 1 through 800 and then 50 copies divided between PC, Artist's and Author's copies.

This "Edition of X of which X are for sale" holds through to DTV, each time, there are 50 extra copies not for sale. DTVI, DTVII and LSoE are therefore crapshoots I guess.

So I think its safe to say that for DTII - DTV there are 50 copies outside the limitation divided between the different states (PC, Artist, Author). If no one here has seen proof of Artist/Author then I say they don't exist.

So for DTII I contend that there are 50 copies outside the limitation divided between PC, Artist and Author's copies.

I don't know about DTIII - input?

For DTIV and DTV I contend that there are 50 PC copies outside the limitations and no more.

For DTVI, DTVII and LSoE - hopefully they are recent enough that Karen can get Robert to give us an accurate number of out of series copies.

Thoughts??
Excellent points. I think you are onto something.

Randall Flagg
08-28-2009, 05:18 PM
This thread will be merged into the Collecting Questions thread after sufficient discussion.

Per Karen at Donald M. Grant Books (https://secure.grantbooks.com/) the last 50 limitation numbers of Dark Tower books V-VII (she has personal knowledge having worked there) were un-numbered and used to replace damaged books as well as provide PC's.
Robert did not keep specific records regarding exact count of PC's AE's, etc.

I presume this to mean that there would be no more than 50 cumulative copies of PC's, AE's, AC's... for certainly the last three books and likely all but the first.

Thanks to e taylor for posting the theory.

Thoughts?

jhanic
08-28-2009, 05:44 PM
I guess I'm a little confused by your/Karen's statement--when the last 50 limitation numbers are left blank (to be used as replacements, etc.) does this mean that, for DT V, DT VI and DTVII, there are only 1250 numbered copies of the first two and 1450 of the last one? Or are all 1300 copies of the first two and 1500 copies of the last numbered?

John

e_taylor
08-28-2009, 06:21 PM
I guess I'm a little confused by your/Karen's statement--when the last 50 limitation numbers are left blank (to be used as replacements, etc.) does this mean that, for DT V, DT VI and DTVII, there are only 1250 numbered copies of the first two and 1450 of the last one? Or are all 1300 copies of the first two and 1500 copies of the last numbered?

John

The way the limitation pages are worded I think we can assume:

DTII - 1-800 numbered, +50 additional copies (PC, Author, Artist, etc) 850 signed/limited copies total
DTIII - 1-1200 numbered, +50 additional copies (PC, Author, Artist, etc) 1250 signed/limited copies total
DTIV - 1-1200 numbered, +50 additional copies (PC, replacements, etc) 1250 signed/limited copies total
DTV - 1-1300 numbered, +50 additional copies (PC, replacements, etc) 1350 signed/limited copies total

Although not mentioned on the limitation, from what Karen has added, we can discern:

DTVI - 1-1400 numbered, +50 additional copies (PC, replacements, etc) 1450 signed/limited copies total
DTVII - 1-1500 numbered, +50 additional copies (PC, replacements, etc) 1550 signed/limited copies total
LSoE - 1-1250 numbered, +50 additional copies (PC, replacements, etc) 1300 signed/limited copies total

We know that the 50 extra copies of DTII were split somehow between Publisher's Copies, Author's Copies, and Artist's Copies.

Not sure on DTIII. Anyone?

I think that by the publication of DTIV, Grant only made Publisher's Copies of the extra 50, still divided between publisher, author and artist, just not specifically designated as such.

Nerak
08-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Ok, let me try this again.

A publishing company orders specific number of copies to be printed. For DT VII it was 1550. The quantity to be numbered and sold is 1500. The remaining 50 are distributed to Sai King, agents, friends, employees (as pc copies) and kept on hand to replace damaged copies.

The extra 50 are not numbered, to begin with.

If we get someone telling us they have a damaged DT VII, we have them send in the damaged one and we number one of the extra copies and send them that new one.

So it is with all of our books (at least to my knowledge) except for LSOE Artist. When they did the print run, they messed up and there was only like 1420 or 30 printed. 25 alone went to Sai King (so he probably got numbered copies as well as PC as there weren't enough unnumbered to send him 25.

Does this make sense??? It does to me! :lol: but I work there.

Randall Flagg
08-28-2009, 07:23 PM
As I understand Karen, there are (for DTV-DTVII) 50 copies reserved to replace a damaged number, and provide PC's etc.
I would assume this means there are a few "blank" copies on hand and thus less than 50 PC's et al.

Nerak
08-29-2009, 03:57 AM
you got it!..the numbered copies are what we said they are (IE 1500 for DT VII) and the rest are blank (or were before they became PCs and replacements)

e_taylor
08-29-2009, 04:47 AM
Edited my post to reflect what Karen just clarified.

So for the collections catalog I propose the wording to be something to the effect of:

"No more than 50 out of series copies used as replacements or marked "Publisher's Copy"."

This wording would work for DTIV - LSoE as there is no evidence of copies marked Artist or Author.

For Drawing of the Three: "No more than 50 out of series copies used as replacements or marked "Publisher's Copy", "Author's Copy", or "Artist's Copy"."

Again, for the Waste Lands, I'm not sure if there are any Artist/Author copies.

Rahfa
08-29-2009, 07:02 AM
So it would seem for DT II and III that there are fewer s/l copies than have originally been assumed.

I don't think that changes value in any meaningful way...but it seems there are no more 850 total copies of DT II for instance, when I think it was once believed there were as many as 1000.

Nerak
08-29-2009, 01:43 PM
There may have been more copies of earlier books, when King was getting and the artist was getting so many.

All I can say is what is happening now.

Randall Flagg
09-03-2009, 09:14 AM
I have made the recommended changes and appreciate the help. This will be merged now.

Randall Flagg
01-02-2010, 06:39 AM
You may notice a new icon on our King Collectibles Catalog area. This is for VaultWiki, a new program we are trying. Check it out. The pages look a bit different.

jhanic
01-02-2010, 06:53 AM
My only question (and I like the new format a lot!) is whether it's possible to list the various editions in alphabetical order. That would make it much easier to find specific volumes.

John

Randall Flagg
01-02-2010, 08:45 AM
My only question (and I like the new format a lot!) is whether it's possible to list the various editions in alphabetical order. That would make it much easier to find specific volumes.

John
It is in alphabetical order. Do you mean separate them out like they used to be-S/L's Trades, Gift etc.? With the subsections then in alphabetical order?

jhanic
01-02-2010, 11:07 AM
Sorry, my mistake. I forgot the " ' " in 'Salem's Lot and thought it started with just the "S".

John

burial
01-02-2010, 03:41 PM
sorry, but i have a problem...
i see only something like this:
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/346/catalog.jpg

is this ok?
I think something is missing... i see only the list of DT sets and the list of S/L

Matt
01-02-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm playing with the catalogs right now burial, it should be good to go soon.

I am thinking you are looking at the actual article that will become the header for that forum.

herbertwest
02-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Will the catalogs go back to the previous style?
It was dedinitelty nicer and easier to go thru it...

Randall Flagg
02-25-2010, 06:31 AM
We are working on it. This boards software doesn't properly support the "old style"-it was causing software bugs throughout the board.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Yeah, get a move on you lot <hears sound of cracking whip>

Its not like you have anything else to do! :unsure:

Matt
02-26-2010, 05:00 AM
Will the catalogs go back to the previous style?
It was dedinitelty nicer and easier to go thru it...

It will not be returning to the old style, that one is no longer supported.

But the same developers of the old one came up with the new and as soon as there aren't grand babies all over my house, I plan to mess with it more. :thumbsup:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-28-2010, 01:10 AM
Any news on the Collections Catalogs? Even something this simple would do...

Salems Lot S/L Traycase (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Salems+Lot+-+S+L+Traycase)
A Life In The Cinema Lettered Artist Presentation Copy (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:A+Life+In+The+Cine ma+-+Lettered+Artist+Presentation+Copy)
Bag of Bones S/L UK (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Bag+of+Bones-+S+L+UK)
The Best of Cemetery Dance S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Best+of+Cemetery+D ance+The+-+)
Black House S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Black+House+-+S+L)
Black House/Talisman S/L Gift (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Black+House+The+Ta lisman+-
+S+L+Gift)
Book of the Dead (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Book+of+the+Dead+-+S+L+PC)
Borderlands 5 Lettered (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Borderlands+5+-+Lettered)
Borderlands 5 S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Borderlands+5+-+S+L)
Christine S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Christine+-+S+L)
The Colorado Kid AE (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Colorado+Kid+The+-
+AE+Chadbourne+Miller+Potter)
The Colorado Kid S/L Chadbourne (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Colorado+Kid+The+-+S+L+Chadbourne)
The Colorado Kid S/L Miller (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Colorado+Kid+The+-+S+L+Miller)
The Colorado Kid S/L Potter (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Colorado+Kid+The+-+S+L+Potter)
The Colorado Kid Traycased Chadbourne (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Colorado+Kid+The+-
+S+L+Traycase+Chadbourne)
The Colorado Kid Traycased Miller (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Colorado+Kid+The+-
+S+L+Traycase+Miller)
The Colorado Kid Traycased Potter (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Colorado+Kid+The+-
+S+L+Traycase+Potter)
Complete Masters of Darkness S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?
title=Collectibles:Complete+Masters+of+Darkness+Th e+S+L)
Cujo S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Cujo+-+S+L)
Cycle of the Werewolf S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Cycle+of+the+Werew olf+-+S+L+PC)
Cycle of the Werewolf S/L Portfolio (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Cycle+of+the+Werew olf+Portfolio+-
+S+L)
Dandelion Wine S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Dandelion+Wine+-+S+L)
Danse Macabre S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Danse+Macabre+-+S+L)
Dark Dreamers S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Dark+Dreamers+-+S+L)
The Dark Tower DTVII S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Dark+Tower+The+DTV II+-+S+L)
Desperation S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Desperation+-+S+L)
Desperation/Regulators S/L UK (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Desperation+Regula tors-S+L+UK)
Dolans Cadillac Lettered (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Dolans+Cadillac+-+Lettered)
Dolans Cadillac S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Dolans+Cadillac+-+S+L)
Dolans Cadillac PC (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Dolans+Cadillac-S+L+PC)

etc
etc
etc

Randall Flagg
04-28-2010, 05:38 AM
What kind of additional news is wanted?
I do have to get up entries for the S/L Under the Dome, and Blockade Billy trade.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-28-2010, 07:30 AM
We want them all on 1 page. It's hopeless trying to find anything at the moment.

There is nothing wrong with the content on each individual page.

Matt
04-28-2010, 08:18 AM
Hannah and I are trying to find a way to get this back into a read able format. Right now the threads are alphabetized but I realize they go to a second page.

At some point (after the fundraiser) we will use a header system to list them all on the opening page.

Randall Flagg
04-28-2010, 09:51 AM
We want them all on 1 page. It's hopeless trying to find anything at the moment.

There is nothing wrong with the content on each individual page.
It is a PITA I agree.I have to guess which page to start looking for a title, then move forward or back through the pages.
I have an idea to perhaps make it less annoying.
I'll get back about it in a bit.

EDIT:
How about an index of pages? Check this test thread out:
Test Thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Test+Thread)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-28-2010, 10:45 PM
EDIT:
Test Thread (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Test+Thread)

If you are going to spend time doing that, why don't you just insert the hyperlink like wot I did above. :)

biomieg
04-29-2010, 12:25 AM
EDIT:

If you are going to spend time doing that, why don't you just insert the hyperlink like wot I did above. :)

I second that. There should preferably also be a link to take you back to the index page.

herbertwest
04-29-2010, 12:58 AM
EDIT:

I agree: would be better
especially since pages can move. Imagine that there would be 5 stephen kings items starting by "a.."
then the pages number...

A simple link like alan suggested would be enough...

Randall Flagg
04-29-2010, 06:00 AM
Started on it. Check it out and advise:
Index Quick Links (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:Index+Quick+Links)

ELazansky
04-29-2010, 06:11 AM
That's cool. Much easier to go exactly to the book you're looking for.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
04-29-2010, 07:18 AM
:thumbsup: RF

herbertwest
04-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Well done!

jemaher
04-29-2010, 10:24 AM
works wonderful!

Room 217 Caretaker
04-29-2010, 12:43 PM
:thumbsup: Agreed.

Cujo56
04-29-2010, 01:04 PM
That's great!

Matt
04-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Beautiful! Thanks Jerome.

Randall Flagg
06-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Blockade Billy-Trade 1st Edition

I am swamped with a separate project.
If someone were to send me images and a description that could be posted in the Catalog, I'd be most appreciative, and of course give due credit.
<-------------------Desperately seeking assistance.

Randall Flagg
06-27-2010, 06:45 AM
I finally got around to posting an entry for the Us Under the Dome S/L.
I still need an image of King's signature. I haven't opened my copy. If someone would share an image, it would be greatly appreciated.

UNDER THE DOME - S/L (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:UNDER+THE+DOME+S+L&do=edit)

herbertwest
07-09-2010, 09:37 AM
There are no more pictures in the King collectible catalog???

Randall Flagg
07-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Looking into it right now. Hoping it is just 'technical difficulties'. It took me 100's of hours to do the Catalog and pictures so I'm concerned.

Matt
07-09-2010, 09:24 PM
No need to be concerned, all information is there. The wiki only renders it so it will never be gone.

We are experiencing tech difficulties though, I need to leave it turned on to fix it. :thumbsup:

herbertwest
07-10-2010, 04:23 AM
Looking into it right now. Hoping it is just 'technical difficulties'. It took me 100's of hours to do the Catalog and pictures so I'm concerned.

Yeah i guess, that's why i mentionned it

Matt
07-10-2010, 09:31 PM
This should be fixed now. :nana:

herbertwest
07-11-2010, 02:34 AM
it seems to work now :-)

Matt
07-11-2010, 03:33 AM
That is the beauty of fixing it. :lol:

Fsmdr
07-15-2010, 08:29 PM
Jerome or Matt,

Did we not have a S/L portfolio category in the collectible catalog?. I can't seem to find it now. In particular, looking for the Wrightson STAND Portfolio. Thanks in advance.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
07-15-2010, 11:48 PM
Jerome or Matt,

Did we not have a S/L portfolio category in the collectible catalog?. I can't seem to find it now. In particular, looking for the Wrightson STAND Portfolio. Thanks in advance.

The catalog is only for King signed items. The Stand portfolio is not signed by King.

Randall Flagg
07-16-2010, 05:10 AM
Jerome or Matt,

As mentioned it isn't in there. Is there a question or two we can answer?

Fsmdr
07-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Jerome or Matt,

As mentioned it isn't in there. Is there a question or two we can answer?

Thanks Jerome. I am curious of the different state of the STAND portfolio ( I believe there were 2) and the number of plates in each plus the limitation of each. Also if there is any unsigned edition?. There are some on Ebay now that are unsigned. :orely:

ELazansky
07-16-2010, 08:18 AM
The Stand Portfolio
Note: 12 plates
The Stand Deluxe Portfolio
Year: 1991
Note: 13 plates s/n 1200

Fsmdr
07-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the info, Eric.

wizardsrainbow
07-16-2010, 01:36 PM
I have the numbered one for sale at Betts. The unsigned one is a lighter share of blue on the cover. The signed one is either a super dark blue or a black cover.

Fsmdr
07-16-2010, 08:16 PM
I have the numbered one for sale at Betts. The unsigned one is a lighter share of blue on the cover. The signed one is either a super dark blue or a black cover.

Thanks for the tip, Wiz. I was not aware of the color difference. So are those the only 2 states made for the Stand portfolio?.

Randall Flagg
10-17-2010, 09:40 AM
I updated several threads in the Collections Catalog.
Would appreciate it if someone checked them for accuracy.
Complete list of Stephen King Signed Limiteds (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?t=1471) (Should Limiteds be spelled Limited's?)
ISBN'S-Stephen King U.S. 1st Editions (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Collectibles:ISBNS-Stephen+King+U+S+1st+Editions)

Thanks.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
10-17-2010, 10:37 AM
(Should Limiteds be spelled Limited's?)

No.

Randall Flagg
11-28-2010, 12:13 PM
I need help with the original issue prices on the following items:
Dark Dreamers
Dead Zone-Easton Press
Desperation/Regulators S/L UK
Dolan's Cadillac Lettered
Fear Itself S/L
Frankenstein S/L

Insomnia S/L UK
It-German bootleg
Legends S/L

Rainy Season Print
Rose Madder S/L UK
Skeleton Crew Lettered
Whispers S/L

Thanks.

Randall Flagg
12-09-2010, 07:30 AM
I need help with the original issue prices on the following items:
Dark Dreamers
Dead Zone-Easton Press
Desperation/Regulators S/L UK
Dolan's Cadillac Lettered
Fear Itself S/L
Frankenstein S/L

Insomnia S/L UK
It-German bootleg
Legends S/L

Rose Madder S/L UK
Skeleton Crew Lettered
Whispers S/L

Thanks.

Still need help on these titles.

herbertwest
01-01-2011, 09:43 AM
UP.

And related to the ILLUSTRATIONS catalog :
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?1156-Official-Illustrations-Dealio&p=583099#post583099

- Desperation (Grant). Can someone please share the illustrations and details ???
- Full Dark, No Stars. Brian Freeman told me that he will send the pictures as the book is almost sold out, there is no problem about sharing them.
- Blockade Billy (CD). I guess that we can share the pictures as this edition is sold out.

REQUIRE's PUBLISHERS APPROVAL (i guess):
- Riding the Bullet (deluxe special edition). Will need Brian Freeman's approval prior to share the pix.
- One for the Road (PS Publishing). I dont think that we can share the illustrations just now... but we can put the details of it.

Randall Flagg
01-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Great. So far Brian and Cd have been very kind and have said we can use the images from their site-or any that Brian sends you. Just make sure to credit CD, and put in a hyper-link to their site.

herbertwest
01-02-2011, 05:10 AM
Yep, will do. I emailed both Brian & PS Publishing to ask if we can share the pix of Blockade Billy (which is sold out), Riding the Bullet (i dont know if we could shares ones that arent on the website and One for the road (this one i doubt we can).

However, can one please share the DESPERATION pictures from the Grant limited?

herbertwest
01-03-2011, 01:09 PM
> - Can you please confirm me that i can share all the illustrations from
> > Blockade Billy ? (the book is sold out).
Absolutely!

> > - What about the ones from Riding the bullet? Can we post them?
Yep!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Can someone please share the illustrations from RIDING THE BULLET?
I did takes pictures of the ones in Blockade Billy, i'll put them online later on

ONE FOR THE ROAD, PS Publishing.
THey allow us to put 1 or 2 (but no more than 2) illustrations.
Which i believe is right.

herbertwest
01-05-2011, 02:00 PM
The blockade Billy illustrations from the CD edition, are online
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?11325-Blockade-Billy-Alex-McVey&p=584195#post584195

NOBODY for the DESPERATION GRANT? RIDING THE BULLET?

Randall Flagg
01-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks.

herbertwest
01-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Dolso offered to help me with DESPERATION.

Anyone for the RIDING THE BULLET?

thegreattim
01-07-2011, 11:46 PM
What do you need? Just the pics of the illustrations? I can do that. Just the color Alan Clarke and the b&w Wrightson, right? Or do you want all the photographs and layout sketches, too?

herbertwest
01-08-2011, 01:38 AM
The best would be all of them... thanks for offering your help :-)

thegreattim
01-08-2011, 05:23 AM
No prob. I'll up-load them this weekend at some point.

herbertwest
01-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Desperation (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?11859-DESPERATION-Don-Maitz&p=585004#post585004) is now online

thegreattim
01-10-2011, 05:48 PM
Jeremy, I've had less free time this weekend than I though I would. I've taken a few pictures, but I'm struggling with the glare on the glossy pages. It may be a bit before I get them uploaded in good quality.

If someone else jumps in with them, cool, otherwise I'll keep on working on them when I get a chance.

herbertwest
01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
its ok, do it whenever you can ;-)

Stockerlone
01-13-2011, 03:06 AM
I asked Joachim Körber the owner of Edition Phantasia for the original prices:

ES = 148 DM = 75.67 Euro
NEBEL = 98 DM = 50.11 Euro
ANGST = 148 DM = 75.67 Euro
DIE AUGEN DES DRACHEN = 78 DM = 39.88 Euro

:dance::rock::nana: Amazing Amazing Cheap.......:clap::onfire::cool:

herbertwest
01-13-2011, 04:33 AM
what would it means nowadays in euros/ dollars?

Stockerlone
01-13-2011, 05:23 AM
ES = 148 DM = 75.67 Euro
NEBEL = 98 DM = 50.11 Euro
ANGST = 148 DM = 75.67 Euro
DIE AUGEN DES DRACHEN = 78 DM = 39.88 Euro

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-10-2011, 04:48 AM
Jerome,

Any chance of the catalog Index Page being reinstated as the link when you click on "King Collectibles Catalog".

This one...

King Collectibles Catalog (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Test+Thread)

Randall Flagg
02-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Give it a go now. The quick links should be right below:

Dark Tower Complete Same-Number Sets: Who owns them?

Complete list of Stephen King Signed Limiteds

Mr. Rabbit Trick
02-10-2011, 07:17 AM
That's my boy! Thanks.

Feel free to delete this thread.

Randall Flagg
02-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Catalog entry for Full Dark, No Stars Gift edition is done.
Link (http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showwiki.php?title=Full+Dark+No+Stars+-+Gift&redirect=no)

Patrick
02-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Nice job, Jerome.