PDA

View Full Version : Stephen King European Tour (France, Germany)... in november 2013?

nocny
03-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Stephen King will visit France and probably Germany for a book tour.
When and where exactly - to be announced.

herbertwest
07-01-2011, 08:41 AM
The french publisher told me just now that King will not be coming before 2013... King being busy at the beginning of 2012 because of GHOST BROTHERS...

Ari_Racing
07-01-2011, 11:12 AM
I think I saw that confirmation a couple of weeks ago at Lilja if I'm not wrong.

Stockerlone
07-01-2011, 11:14 AM
><:orely::beat::arg::pullhair::angry::cry::doh::nope ::(

herbertwest
07-01-2011, 03:52 PM
i see which article you are talking about Ari... but when i did read it, i understood that the France/ Germany would be in 2012, but not the UK.
I guess that it doesnt make much sense i guess...

nocny
07-02-2011, 08:35 AM
that Lilja's article you mention says King won't come to UK in 2012, so the news about France is new ;)

Ari_Racing
07-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Oh, my mistake then. :)

herbertwest
12-20-2012, 08:17 AM
Marsha : "We have tentatively set aside dates at the beginning of November 2013 for his visit to France and Germany but nothing has been set in stone yet."
"I hope it's Paris if he is going to France." Marsha : "I would be very surprised if Paris wasn't included."

"Any news on England yet?" >>> Marsha :"Not yet but unlikely he'll be adding it to the schedule."

>>> http://www.stephenking.com/forums/showthread.php/27460-2013-Stephen-King-in-France-The-Open-Letter

Stockerlone
12-20-2012, 09:07 AM
Ok, not set in stone....

But i think, PARIS for France and Berlin for Germany is 99% sure.
Then maybe for France: Marseille, Lyon....
For Germany: Hamburg, München, Köln...

herbertwest
12-20-2012, 09:17 AM
I seriously doubt that he'll be visiting more than 1 city in both of those countries... but i am also surprised that it's unlikely that he'll be visiting London, so... who knows?

TwistedNadine
12-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Why is it unlikely he will add England? Im not up on these things but I would think there would be more demand for him in England than France or Germany? My assumption is not based on anything really other than maybe language and the fact we have more UK members here then French and German members.

Stockerlone
12-20-2012, 09:27 AM
But GERMANY is... of cause the biggest book market in Europe.

biomieg
12-20-2012, 10:06 AM
Well, I'm not travelling to France of Germany only to see Mr. King - even though it's only a 4 to 6 hour drive. But if the time is right and I can combine it with a city trip together with my fiancée... could be interesting!

TwistedNadine
12-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Well, I'm not travelling to France of Germany only to see Mr. King - even though it's only a 4 to 6 hour drive. But if the time is right and I can combine it with a city trip together with my fiancée... could be interesting!

Meeting him is cool but getting his signature in person is cooler.
I would think these EU visits are part of the Dr Sleep book tour so you'd get a signed book out of it.

herbertwest
12-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Why is it unlikely he will add England? Im not up on these things but I would think there would be more demand for him in England than France or Germany? My assumption is not based on anything really other than maybe language and the fact we have more UK members here then French and German members.

I agree. But it's Marsha that said it was unlikely for england.

Ben Staad
12-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Marsha : "We have tentatively set aside dates at the beginning of November 2013 for his visit to France and Germany but nothing has been set in stone yet."
"I hope it's Paris if he is going to France." Marsha : "I would be very surprised if Paris wasn't included."

"Any news on England yet?" >>> Marsha :"Not yet but unlikely he'll be adding it to the schedule."

>>> http://www.stephenking.com/forums/showthread.php/27460-2013-Stephen-King-in-France-The-Open-Letter

Woot! If it is Berlin it looks like it's 5 hours away for me. I think Paris is about the same distance.

Merlin1958
12-20-2012, 10:56 AM

Woot! If it is Berlin it looks like it's 5 hours away for me. I think Paris is about the same distance.

Best of luck to ya, Timbo!!!

Ben Staad
12-20-2012, 11:00 AM

Thanks you very much, Merlin. Hopefully, this signing will happen and it will work out where I can go.

Merlin1958
12-20-2012, 11:05 AM

Thanks you very much, Merlin. Hopefully, this signing will happen and it will work out where I can go.

Great!! Of course, because I am of German descent and my family owns a "GastHaus" in Schwalbach (where my Dad is currently visiting). you will HAVE to get me a signed book as well!!! LOL LOL LOL

A Very Happy & Healthy "Fatherland" Christmas to you and yours!!!!

Tito_Villa
12-20-2012, 01:03 PM
November ... when i'm due to get married and go on honeymoon ... hmmmm

herbertwest
12-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Postpone the wedding... or ask Steve if he wants to do the ceremony :D

Jimimck
12-21-2012, 12:21 AM
My sister lives in London. I'm so sending her where ever he may end up with a book or two...

Cook
12-21-2012, 08:21 AM
I really really need a vacation anyway....

Jimimck
12-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Question to those who have been to these types of tours before: what are the rules around how one can get tickets (if tickets are allocated), and what can be signed?

Is this likely to be promoting Dr Sleep and thus you can only buy that book to be signed? or does King allow you to bring another item to be signed etc?

Thanks team

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-27-2012, 03:50 AM
King's tours of the UK were easy to get tickets for. He would also sign anything you put in front of him, two items per person.

ChristineB
12-27-2012, 10:07 AM
But, when was the last one Mr. RT?

As of late he (or the publishing company, no idea which) has been much more restrictive as to what can be signed, in the states anyway. The 2 signings I have been to in the last 3 years were only the book that he was touring for would be signed, no idea if it will be different for a European tour. We will get lots of info I am sure when it gets closer, would expect full details by August/September time frame.

I guess this means he won't be doing anything in the states this year. :(

TwistedNadine
12-27-2012, 10:42 AM
I wouldnt assume he wont be touring the states. Might be a shorter tour than his last but the EU one is scheduled for Nov and the book is being released end of Sept. Thats a month or more of possible US signings. Doubt any will happen in my neck of the woods though so I have to decide on a impromptu Europe vacation or a quick trip to the east... Loved New Hampshire and wouldnt mind going there again.

Jimimck
04-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Anyone heard any updates re this possible tour?

herbertwest
04-26-2013, 12:19 AM
Nope.

Tito_Villa
04-26-2013, 01:37 AM
Personally i hope it's delayed to another month so i can go :)

herbertwest
04-26-2013, 12:07 PM
Yep, like the 4th of december would be great (my birthday :p)
But so far there is no official dates...

Jimimck
04-26-2013, 01:20 PM
Can't wait to hear details. My sister and her boyfriend have agreed to go to both (assuming Paris and Germany) signings for me and get the maximum number of books signed for me.

Stockerlone
04-27-2013, 02:09 PM
No news :(

herbertwest
09-12-2013, 06:48 AM
2 events in Paris. I'll be there :)

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/doctor_sleep/header.jpg

>>> http://www.stephenking.com/promo/doctor_sleep/european_book_tour.html

mae
09-12-2013, 07:03 AM
Hopefully there are videos of these.

herbertwest
09-12-2013, 07:08 AM
From the FR publisher's website :
"The ticket (30€) will include a free copy of the book, of which, about 100 will be pre-signed and given away randomly. Stephen King will NOT be doing any signing during the event."

Stockerlone
09-12-2013, 09:11 AM
Hope that i have tomorrow some infos about the event in my hometown HAMBURG.:thumbsup:

München 19.11
HAMBURG 20.11

Ben Staad
09-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Congrats but Boooooo because I'm leaving.

herbertwest
09-12-2013, 09:59 AM
oO
I first did read quickly and missed that : "The French events will commence in Paris with a book signing to be held on Wednesday, November 13. Details and location information regarding this event will be announced in the near future."

I guess that i'll take that day off work :)

Stockerlone
09-13-2013, 01:35 AM
Update about the HAMBURG 20.11.13 Event

Have talked with the bookshop that organized the signing:

So far, no info how many pre-signed Doctor Sleep are available.
Infos about promo stuff..... soon....

biomieg
09-13-2013, 03:29 AM
I would hardly call it a European Tour if SK is only visiting France and Germany :)

RichardX
09-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Sounds like a blast. How popular is King in Europe?

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-13-2013, 06:29 PM
I love how he can go to Europe, but he can't come to Texas.

frik
09-14-2013, 12:26 AM
Sounds like a blast. How popular is King in Europe?

Just referring to my own country - the Netherlands. King used to be very popular - his books always made the bestselling top-10.
Those days are over, I'm afraid. His books still sell, but just to the hardcore fans. There are exceptions - 11/22/63 for instance sold really well.

I remember the day I walked into Rotterdam's largest bookstore and asked for a copy of The Colorado Kid. Well - I got my copy: the only one they had ordered. When i expressed my surprise at this, the clerk looked at me and practically sneered: Stephen King? What do you expect?

:arg:

sk

nocny
09-14-2013, 10:24 PM
In Poland he is very popular, most new books have premiere the same day as in USA. Old books are still reprint. And it sells very well.

MarcoL
09-15-2013, 04:15 AM
Any dutch fans out here going to the signing event in Paris? Been waiting for this since the UK Under the dome tour...

Mr. Rabbit Trick
09-15-2013, 06:02 AM
Any dutch fans out here going to the signing event in Paris? Been waiting for this since the UK Under the dome tour...

You must have waited a while...there wasn't a UK Under the Dome Tour. :)

MarcoL
09-15-2013, 07:14 AM

You must have waited a while...there wasn't a UK Under the Dome Tour. :)

I may be mistaken and a 'tour' is a big word but I'm positive King was in the UK a couple of years ago to visit some UK stores like Tesco (if I recall correctly mostly supermarkets). Then again, time can plays tricks on memories so perhaps it's already more than 5 years ago :)

nocny
09-15-2013, 08:20 AM
He was promoting Lisey's Story in 2007.

MarcoL
09-15-2013, 10:56 AM
He was promoting Lisey's Story in 2007.

Thanks for this info. It proves that I'm getting old :) and confirms that time indeed flies by. Can't believe it's been 7 years since his last promotion in the UK.

nocny
09-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Sorry, it was in 2006

Stockerlone
09-16-2013, 04:24 AM
Holy shit... this was a fight... before 13.00 i was in the line... i was FAST...
ordered SOME tickets for Hamburg. The best that was possible.... not on the edge... was LINE 10.
Now a friend told me that arround .... 1000 places are reservatet for PRESS....

Think line 10 OK.

HAMBURG CCH
http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?7745-Cityscapes-and-locales&p=802070&viewfull=1#post802070

MarcoL
09-30-2013, 10:12 AM
So, who's going to the signing event? Would be nice to wait in line with fellow boardies and grab a beer afterwards. I definitely want to go, but am still doubting if I should take the Thalys (high speed train) early in the morning so I'll be at the store a couple of hours before the signing or the evening before...

herbertwest
10-01-2013, 04:10 AM
I will be going, but dunno, yet, at what time i'll be there. I would tend to say that people will need to arrive early as there is only a 2h timeslot for it.
So let's say that he's doing 1 person a minute (maybe less?), that means 120 person will be guaranteed to have a book signed.

nocny
10-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Me and my 22 friends from Poland will be there the evening before ;)

herbertwest
10-01-2013, 10:14 AM
So less than 100 persons left :p

Serious question : on average, do you think that King signs 1 book per minute? 2 books? I guess that some people try to speak a few words with him, so could be a bit more

Stockerlone
10-01-2013, 10:43 AM

Serious question : on average, do you think that King signs 1 book per minute? 2 books? I guess that some people try to speak a few words with him, so could be a bit more

Think.. maybe LESS ...
Some people wanna talk with SK, some come with 10 books, some wanna make pics with flashlight...
some other stupid stuff is possible.... ==== Less time to sign books.

herbertwest
10-01-2013, 11:52 AM

Think.. maybe LESS ...
Some people wanna talk with SK, some come with 10 books, some wanna make pics with flashlight...

Limit of 1 book per person. Supposedly.

MarcoL
10-01-2013, 01:33 PM

Think.. maybe LESS ...

I think that the 'one book per person' limit will be guarded closely, but mr. King is not a robot so won't be able to sign 3 or 4 books per minute for 2 hours straight. Besides that, it'll be a logistic challenge to keep the line moving at that speed. My guesstimate is some 200 signatures.
It all depends on what kind of people will show up. Just fans and collectors from all over Europe or it the store located near a university and will a couple of hundred students wait in line trying to obtain a signed book that they can offer on Ebay a couple of minutes later....

MarcoL
10-01-2013, 01:42 PM
You know, what's the point of attending a signing event if you don't have the chance to exchange a couple of words, have that one book personalised instead of flatsigned or have a picture taken with your 'idol'. You'd be better off just buying a flatsigned copy straight from Betts. Wish it was a ticketed event, I wouldn't mind paying for a ticket if that would guarantee getting a personalised copy.

herbertwest
10-02-2013, 01:13 AM
You know, what's the point of attending a signing event if you don't have the chance to exchange a couple of words, have that one book personalised instead of flatsigned or have a picture taken with your 'idol'. You'd be better off just buying a flatsigned copy straight from Betts. Wish it was a ticketed event, I wouldn't mind paying for a ticket if that would guarantee getting a personalised copy.

I wouldnt mind paying as well to be guaranteed a signed/personalised copy.

Think.. maybe LESS ...

I think that the 'one book per person' limit will be guarded closely, but mr. King is not a robot so won't be able to sign 3 or 4 books per minute for 2 hours straight. Besides that, it'll be a logistic challenge to keep the line moving at that speed. My guesstimate is some 200 signatures.
It all depends on what kind of people will show up. Just fans and collectors from all over Europe or it the store located near a university and will a couple of hundred students wait in line trying to obtain a signed book that they can offer on Ebay a couple of minutes later....

Hence, why i said 1 book per minute?
There isnt much around that area, but the National Library & the independant cinema itself.

Stockerlone
11-12-2013, 09:06 AM
German SK publisher Heyne want questions for SK...
This maybe means... no real Q+A with Stephen King

https://www.facebook.com/heyne.verlag

herbertwest
11-12-2013, 12:22 PM
I was at the french press conference... with reps from all around the world, including CHINA & RUSSIA
French article >>> http://club-stephenking.fr/3548-actualite

I'll try to share my audio recording tomorrow
i plan on going to the venue by 2am :p

herbertwest
11-12-2013, 12:39 PM
I will be meeting King again tomorrow (signing) + thursday evening (TV program) & friday (radio) & satuday event :p

Mr. Rabbit Trick
11-12-2013, 01:10 PM
There's twenty people queueing up outside right now (9.00 pm). They are all soaked to the skin. :)

herbertwest
11-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Supposedly no rain after midnight ;-)

Stockerlone
11-12-2013, 04:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI0prozmv1k

EXPLORER
11-12-2013, 04:45 PM
There's twenty people queueing up outside right now (9.00 pm). They are all soaked to the skin. :)
I would STAY DRY and WARM......
The severe early birds can put up with severe elements however it typically does not get them anything more than the feeling of being first.

herbertwest
11-13-2013, 06:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI0prozmv1k

42-46 secs, that's my. tweeting or looking at the audio recording on my phone :p

herbertwest
11-13-2013, 06:11 AM
The severe early birds can put up with severe elements however it typically does not get them anything more than the feeling of being first.

I arrived at 2am, I was 88th. The first had the clever idea to give tickets for about the 100 first which allowed the people that had waited the longest to do not get screwed later on by other people turning out late etc.
Long story short (i'll give more details later on), I met Marco, Oscar Gariddo as well as MrRabbitTrick & his wife that arrived just before a friend of mine and slightly after me (99th & 100th). And they got their stuff signed literaly just before me. Mrs Rabbit getting 2 books signed (one put into each other), but the french publicist noticed it and told King to only sign one. Which he then applied starting to MrRabbit & me :-(

EXPLORER
11-13-2013, 07:08 AM

I arrived at 2am, I was 88th. The first had the clever idea to give tickets for about the 100 first which allowed the people that had waited the longest to do not get screwed later on by other people turning out late etc.
Long story short (i'll give more details later on), I met Marco, Oscar Gariddo as well as MrRabbitTrick & his wife that arrived just before a friend of mine and slightly after me (99th & 100th). And they got their stuff signed literaly just before me. Mrs Rabbit getting 2 books signed (one put into each other), but the french publicist noticed it and told King to only sign one. Which he then applied starting to MrRabbit & me :-(
Sounds like you guys timed things right. I appreciate when a venue is smart enough to hand out numbers or wristbands or something to recognize order. If not the 87 in front of you could have been 150 by morning. (somehow, someone was always with someone eise ahead of you).
Good try with the book inside book however it is something they do watch for when there is a long line and much to be signed.

TwistedNadine
11-13-2013, 09:00 AM
Good try with the book inside book however it is something they do watch for when there is a long line and much to be signed.

LOL congrats to RT but sorry herbertwest.
It works a lot of times - at least until the handlers catch on (sigh)

herbertwest
11-13-2013, 10:19 AM

Sounds like you guys timed things right. I appreciate when a venue is smart enough to hand out numbers or wristbands or something to recognize order. If not the 87 in front of you could have been 150 by morning. (somehow, someone was always with someone eise ahead of you).

The venue & security didnt plan anything. That was fans that arrived here very early that had this clever idea!

EXPLORER
11-13-2013, 10:26 AM

The venue & security didnt plan anything. That was fans that arrived here very early that had this clever idea!
EXCELLENT.... Will keep that in mind for future event planning....

Stockerlone
11-13-2013, 02:52 PM
Stephen King signing session @ Mk2 Bibilothèque, Paris Nov 13 2013

http://rockerparis.blogspot.de/2013/11/stephen-king-signing-session-mk2.html

EXPLORER
11-13-2013, 03:20 PM
Again .. Thanks for sharing. Good to see King was able to sit down for signing.
Earlier pics I was seeing all showed him standing and I did not think that would be very good for his sigs after a short time.
Were those shirts available to purchase?
ALSO: Were the Docteur Sleep stacks of books Trade Paperbacks rather than Hardbacks?

stroppygoblin
11-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Thats me at about 1:24!!

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad223/stroppygoblin/meinqueue_zps3f417d9d.jpeg (http://s938.photobucket.com/user/stroppygoblin/media/meinqueue_zps3f417d9d.jpeg.html)

herbertwest
11-14-2013, 03:37 AM
My (french) article about the signing (includes pictures & videos)
We can see that the very FIRST people (who were waiting since 1pm & 6pm the day before) got a very warm welcoming by Steve!
>>> http://club-stephenking.fr/3551-actualite

Google translate version
>>> http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=fr&ie=UTF8&langpair=fr%7Cen&u=http://club-stephenking.fr/3551-actualite

Here is what i got signed : the VERY FIRST FRENCH PUBLICATION, an abridged version of CARRIE, couple of months prior to the publication

http://club-stephenking.fr/img/NEWS/FRANCE/signing/IMG_3220.JPG

=====

It was a great pleasure to meet & discuss with MrRabbitTrick. He showed me every collecting treasure he brought (about 20) among which : marsh roots, contrabrand, new lieutenant rapps, the plant proofs 1-3, UK Salem & Shining 1st, and i forget some!

Also had a nice conversation with Marco, who was planning to get his DT 7 remarqued by Michael Whelan!
And met with many more :)

About 3,500 people there. 620 managed to go through !

=====
Tonight : TV Program with Steve! (should be about 30 people in the audience)
Tomorow: radio program with Steve! (should be about 10 people within the radio room)

Stockerlone
11-16-2013, 03:42 AM
Nice idea to make some promo for SK is comming to Germany.

Stephen King Radio audio play on WDR5
"Raststätte Mile 81" und "Die Düne" von Stephen King: "King of Horror"
Today 21.05 - 23.00 Uhr

http://www.wdr5.de/sendungen/ohrclip/king138.html ('http://www.wdr5.de/sendungen/ohrclip/king138.html')
http://www.wdr5.de/index.html ('http://www.wdr5.de/index.html')

Jean
11-16-2013, 04:21 AM
grrrr, bears spend such a lot of time in Europe, and King is never there when bears are!..

Stockerlone
11-16-2013, 08:23 AM
Total missed all this Paris München Hamburg promo stuff.
http://www.cafepress.com/stephenking/10697595

http://i1.cpcache.com/product/1031808989/european_book_tour_cloth_napkins.jpg?color=White&height=350&width=350

Stockerlone
11-16-2013, 10:16 AM
No big promo for SK in Germany....:pullhair:

Harbour Front Literatur Festival 2013 Hamburg magazin + Win a Meet & Greet with Stephen King postcard from Heymann
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT2612.JPG

mae
11-16-2013, 12:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-A334B6NVs

Randall Flagg
11-17-2013, 07:53 AM
What time spot?

herbertwest
11-17-2013, 01:37 PM
My french article about the whole event, with some pictures... and the whole event recorded on video!
This time there is no voice over : Steve talks and THEN the translator speaks. So GO AHEAD!
Btw, he said that he would like to write some more DARK TOWER stories!

>> http://club-stephenking.fr/3566-actualite

http://club-stephenking.fr/img/NEWS/FRANCE/le-grand-rex/grand-rex_03.jpg

Stockerlone
11-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Are there any infos about Stephen King´s secret reading event TODAY- NOW IN THIS MOMENT in the
Warrior Center Germany / US Air Force - Einsiedlerhof / Rammstein?

EXPLORER
11-18-2013, 10:38 AM
Are there any infos about Stephen King´s secret reading event TODAY- NOW IN THIS MOMENT in the
Warrior Center Germany / US Air Force - Einsiedlerhof / Rammstein? Some pics on Stephen Kings Facebook page

Stockerlone
11-19-2013, 03:27 AM
A friend just told me.... In this moment, is Stephen King in the office from publisher HEYNE.

Stockerlone
11-19-2013, 07:16 AM
Stephen King at HEYNE
http://https://www.facebook.com/heyne.verlag

What a nice idea, a book with all German SK bookcovers as present for Stephen King from the publisher.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q81/s720x720/554711_10151715564627397_1851975538_n.jpg

herbertwest
11-19-2013, 12:54 PM
That's nice indeed!
Pix of the secret reading had been shared on facebook & instagram

Stockerlone
11-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Stephen King M & G in München
https://www.facebook.com/heyne.verlag/posts/10151716089642397

Ben Staad
11-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Great photos. Are you in any of them?

Stockerlone
11-20-2013, 04:23 AM
Great photos. Are you in any of them?

No :arg:

A friend from the SK Forum was at the M+G in München, and he get his
German Carrie 1.ed.from Schneekluth inscribed from SK.

Stockerlone
11-20-2013, 05:55 AM
Today 20,00 LIVESTREAM from the Event in Hamburg on
abendblatt.de

http://www.abendblatt.de/hamburg/

http://www.abendblatt.de/hamburg/

herbertwest
11-20-2013, 10:44 AM
If someone could record the streaming... :)

mae
11-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Maybe it'll be posted on YouTube like the Paris outing.

herbertwest
11-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Would be nice. Does anyone has a contact at the venue or the publisher?

Stockerlone
11-21-2013, 10:27 AM
Yesterday bookreading event with SK, today TV Talkshow with SK... GREAT....
Before/after the events i meet several members from the german SK Fanpage, the german horror forum and
of cause BURIAL and Friends... Great to see you again.
Reading Event CCH:
SK arrived at the backside from the Hamburg Congress Center, with 3 other members from the German SK Page and 10 other people we are ready for..... pics and signaures...
But the security sayes.......... sorry no time for sig...
SK... out of the car.... pics. he remembered one of my friends from the event in München and shaked his hand.. Then M+G ....not with me but with someone from the SK Forum...
The..... Bookreading event with SK and the german SK audio book-voice David Nathan.

More infos..pics etc..... later.....

Darkday
11-21-2013, 01:06 PM
As mentioned by Stockerlone, King drove away in a Porsche after being guest in a TV show:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/354/kwna.jpg

Ben Staad
11-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Wow. Look at that smile. It is huge!

As mentioned by Stockerlone, King drove away in a Porsche after being guest in a TV show:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/354/kwna.jpg

Stockerlone
11-21-2013, 01:59 PM
YES.... like everyone from the USA, he loved the AUTOBAHN

Stephen King in my hometown, HAMBURG - GERMANY

Let´s start with the end...
Stephen King drives away in a PORSCHE, just finished the TV Talkshow with Markus Lanz
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT5420.JPG
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT5421.JPG

SK´s driving skills with cars like this Porsche are.... not so superhigh:dance:
When we walked later the accross Hamburg, we always looked arround, for a dangerous PORSCHE driver:biggrin:

More pics, movies are comming....

herbertwest
11-22-2013, 04:54 AM
Is there a recap of the german appearances somewhere? and videos?

Stockerlone
11-22-2013, 06:26 AM
Is there a recap of the german appearances somewhere? and videos?

Yes... i post the link when the TV is online.
There is also a small newsflash from a private Hamburg TV Station about the reading event... link is comming...:rock:

TV Talkshow yesterday...
My fav. phrase from Stephen King "Heyne has a proclivity for one word titles" Host Markus Lanz asked SK about his German booktitles, he LOVED ES .... much better then IT..
Several funny / interesting storys: SK get tortured by German music.....
SK of cause loveed the German Autobahn::. Put the paddle to the metall...

Talked about his FRANCE -Germany tour, .... was in Paris... but Germany is better... :excited:
But... somthing for JEREMY....he told that at his Paris tour.....horror trafic in Paris... a new story comes in his mind about a guy in a bumper to bumper traffic jam.
He looked out of the window... and in a car near to him a man killed a wife in the car with a razorblade......

More is comming...pics-movies... about....
secret hand-signs in the TV Show.....
You can see me at the TV Show for ..1 1/2 seconds...:clap:
some friends get amazing places, direkt behind SK....

mae
11-22-2013, 07:20 AM
http://www.stripes.com/stephen-king-captivates-ramstein-air-base-crowd-on-1st-uso-tour-1.253868

From a foaming-at-the-mouth rabid dog to a demonic clown, Stephen King knows how to scare the living daylights out of readers.

But what sets America’s most prolific contemporary horror writer on edge doesn’t live in a small New England town or lurk under a bridge.

Before taking the stage Monday night at Germany’s Ramstein Air Base in front of several hundred military personnel and family members eager to see King on his first USO tour, the author candidly admitted to being terrified of “big audiences.”

“I’m a shy person; I’m a quiet person,” he said in an interview with Stars and Stripes. “If I was built to be a public speaker, I’d probably be a politician or a stand-up comedian … I’m very comfortable on my own, and when there are a lot of people I always feel a little bit nervous.”

If he was anxious in front of the capacity crowd inside the Hercules Theater, King never let on. He captivated the more than 350 spectators, regaling them for 90 minutes with comical stories about his life and experiences that sprung ideas for some of his most well-known fictional antagonists, from “Cujo” the rabid dog to Pennywise, the evil clown from “It,” the latter whom King dreamed up while driving over a bridge. King also read several excerpts from “Doctor Sleep,” his latest novel in which he brings back Danny Torrance, the young boy with psychic powers from one of his scariest yarns, “The Shining.”

“I met a woman backstage who said the smartest thing I ever heard,” King said, after casually strolling on stage in a pair of loose jeans and a black Polo shirt with a Landstuhl Regional Medical Center logo. “She said she read some of my books and then put a dead bolt on her closet, which I thought was a good idea, because that is where the monsters are.”

For King, 66, who’s imagined some of the creepiest “monsters” in modern fiction, it had already been a full day. Earlier, he had visited wounded servicemembers at Landstuhl and spent time with soldiers in the Army’s substance abuse program on post.

“I’m a recovered alcoholic and drug addict myself, and so it was a chance to talk to these guys and basically touch base with the problems that I cope with as a recovering person,” he said, “and that was great.”

King stopped at Ramstein and Landstuhl in between visits to Paris and two cities in Germany, where he was promoting “Doctor Sleep” on his first European book tour.

“I knew that there were writers like Harlan Coben who visited the troops, the wounded warriors, and so I asked if we could do it,” King said in an interview.

“Fantastic dedication” was how he summed up his impressions of servicemembers, particularly those he met at LRMC. “I saw some wounded soldiers and I saw the staff that takes care of them … and I heard about how they triage people on the battlefield downrange and how they bring them here and how excellent the chances are for people to get better.”

Though King published his first novel, “Carrie,” in 1974, long before many currently serving in the military were born, tickets to Monday night’s limited-seating event were in high demand, according to USO and base officials.

“A lot more interest for this than some of our other events we have, sporting events, what have you, which is a little surprising,” said Bret Helenius, 86th Force Support Squadron marketing director. “I had phone calls for the last two weeks, 20, 30 a day, and that’s just my personal line. All the seats were taken.”

Officials said the Hercules was better suited for King, who prefers a more intimate setting, than a larger venue.

Most of the 384 free tickets to the event were distributed through military organizations on Ramstein, with units getting a certain percentage of tickets based on their staffing size. About 20 lucky fans, who waited outside the Hercules on Monday hoping for a seat, got in since there were a handful of no-shows.

Air Force Capt. Adam Jung, 37, said he stood in line for four hours.

“My mom got me into Stephen King,” he said. “My grandfather actually burned her entire collection. He’s very religious; he thought they were satanic. My goal was to get a signed book for my mother for a Christmas gift.”

Jung got that book for his mom. King donated about 400 signed hardback copies of “Doctor Sleep,” which were given out to attendees as they left the theater Monday.

Staff Sgt. Joseph Atkins, 32, and Tech. Sgt. Cecilia Cardenas, 30, airmen assigned to the Deployment Transition Center at Ramstein, said their first sergeant surprised them with tickets after finding out the airmen were Stephen King fans.

Cardenas said she enjoyed hearing King “talk about his own personal experiences. It was amazing, and the fact that he’s really funny, too.”

For Atkins, King’s animated reading of excerpts from “Doctor Sleep” as he restlessly moved across stage, sometimes sitting, sometimes standing, was the highlight of the evening.

“I heard him on audio book before, but watching him physically read was actually really cool, really nifty,” said Atkins, whose favorite King book is from The Dark Tower series.

Army spouse Melissa Werner, 39, of Baumholder, said she’s read all of King’s books, starting with “Christine” — about a 1958 Plymouth Fury of the same name with a mind of its own — when she was 10.

“I’ve been a fan ever since,” she said. “This has been really extraordinary. He’s very down to earth and real — just to listen to him talk, like everyday conversation. That’s what I expected and that’s what he gave, and I’m just thrilled to be a part of it.”

With more than 50 books to his credit, King told the audience he’s often asked from where he gets his story ideas.

“I used to joke about that. I used to say, ‘Well, there’s a little used idea shop in Poughkeepsie and I get them all there,” he said, referring to a small New York city with a funny-sounding name.

“There’s really no one place that ideas come from,” he said.

People are surprised to hear that his childhood was “perfectly ordinary,” King shared, though he was always drawn to stories of “fantasy and the imagination.”

His story ideas tend to start with a “what if” scenario.

While sitting in a van last week on a congested street in Paris, his mind wandered: “What if there was a man sitting in a van or a taxi cab in a strange city and a bus pulled up. He looked into it and he saw a man and a woman and the man cut the woman’s throat. Now you could say, Steve, that idea’s really … weird, and I would agree with you, but there’s a story there, and when I get back home, I’m going to try and write it.”

King related how, in the 1970s, he encountered a growling Saint Bernard at a garage in the Maine backwoods, after the engine on his Honda 500 motorcycle died as he pulled into the driveway. “You know how they look,” King said of the dog. “They look like they’ve got shaving cream all over their mouths; they’ve got these kind of droopy eyes with gunk in them and everything.”

When the dog lunged for his leg, the mechanic whacked the animal on the hindquarters with an adjustable socket wrench.

“The guy never apologized,” King said. “He just said, ‘I guess Buster don’t like your face.’ ”

On the drive home after his bike was fixed, King dreamed up “Cujo.”

King came up with the beginnings of “It” in a car while driving across a bridge in Boulder, Colo., he told the audience Monday.

The thought occurred to him that “anything could be under this bridge. Anything at all,” he said. “I thought of that nursery rhyme, about the three Billy Goats Gruff, ‘who’s that trip trapping on my bridge?’ ”

“I thought, well, what’s the scariest thing that could possibly be under that bridge, and I thought ‘an evil clown,’ ” he said.

The television movie based on the book, starring Tim Curry as Pennywise the clown, “scared a generation of children,” King said. “They’ve grown up now, but they still have that clown thing going on in their heads, and they say the scariest thing was that clown, and I say ‘Right on, bro. That’s my clown.’ ”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkYhfigExhY

Bev Vincent
11-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Stars and Stripes Q&A with Stephen King at Ramstein Air Base, Germany. (http://www.stripes.com/news/europe/stephen-king-q-a-1.254123)

Stockerlone
11-23-2013, 03:52 AM
Hamburger Abendblatt - Interview/Video with Stephen King
(Inkl. some infos about MR. MERCEDES)
http://www.abendblatt.de/kultur-live/article122104843/Zum-Fuerchten-eine-Begegnung-mit-Stephen-King.html

Stockerlone
11-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Pressconference/Interview before the Stephen King Hamburg bookreading event 20.11.13
at TV Station: RTL Nord .... from. 07.55 min....

http://rtl-now.rtl.de/guten-abend-rtl-nord/hhsh-thema-ua-gruseliger-bestseller.php?container_id=144653&player=1&season=0

only 119 viewers

Stockerlone
11-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Stephen King in the TV Talkshow from Markus Lanz, 21.11.13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfDiGmTGVUw

Nice event, of cause not enough time for SK.

herbertwest
11-24-2013, 05:18 AM
Pressconference/Interview before the Stephen King Hamburg bookreading event 20.11.13

http://rtl-now.rtl.de/guten-abend-rtl-nord/hhsh-thema-ua-gruseliger-bestseller.php?container_id=144653&player=1&season=0

only 119 viewers

thanks for the links
i dont seem to be able to record the streaming of your first link. Did you manage to do?

Stockerlone
11-24-2013, 07:11 AM

only 119 viewers

thanks for the links
i dont seem to be able to record the streaming of your first link. Did you manage to do?

No,
in the last 1-2-3 days my internet was superslow, i was lucky to open a link... record somthing was impossible...:cool2:

TODAY
23:35 ARD TV "Druckfrisch" the literatur magazin with an Stephen King Inteview.

more is comming....

Stockerlone
11-24-2013, 05:35 PM
Spiegel Online interview/Video
http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/literatur/stephen-king-in-deutschland-der-horrorkoenig-haelt-hof-a-934783.html

Stockerlone
11-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Stephen King 19.11.2013 MÜNCHEN Wristband http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/742/medium/PICT2614.JPG

N24 about Stephen King in München
http://www.n24.de/n24/Wissen/Kultur-Gesellschaft/d/3862746/thriller-autor-wie-ein-pop-star-gefeiert.html

Hamburg 1 TV STEPHEN KING im CCH
http://www.hamburg1.de/aktuell/Zum_Fuerchten_schoen-19117.html

herbertwest
11-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Btw, marsha posted this picture on the official forum :

http://club-stephenking.fr/img/NEWS/FRANCE/divers/FromMarsha__StephenKing-marsha-Mona_Lisa.jpg

And i think that THIS picture was already shown on the forum :

http://club-stephenking.fr/img/NEWS/FRANCE/divers/kwna-porsche.jpg

Stockerlone
11-27-2013, 10:46 AM
STEPHEN KING - GRAND REX Paris - 16.11.13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftIpBQWDXmc

Stockerlone
12-03-2013, 07:50 AM
One more Interview with SK in HAMBURG
http://www.news.at/a/stephen-king-buch-daemonen-interview

http://www.news.at/_storage/asset/4187303/storage/newsat:content-half/file/55027257/stephen-king-hamburg-buchpraesentation.jpg

mae
12-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Too bad a lot of this stuff from Germany is in Germany (not surprising, just not as fun for those that do not understand).

Stockerlone
12-04-2013, 07:32 AM
SK in München 19.11.13
The entire bookreading event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyT0DpKHIlM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgWGSRfGvdU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c7TvR6WiuQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYbQMILqmuY

herbertwest
12-05-2013, 04:18 AM
Too bad a lot of this stuff from Germany is in Germany (not surprising, just not as fun for those that do not understand).

Nowadays, it's not so much an issue. Chrome, Firefox.. etc often ask you directly if you want a translated version of the page you're visiting ;)

Mr. Rabbit Trick
12-05-2013, 06:47 AM

Nowadays, it's not so much an issue. Chrome, Firefox.. etc often ask you directly if you want a translated version of the page you're visiting ;)

They cannot translate the dialoge on the video though. I think that was what he was refering to.

Stockerlone
12-18-2013, 06:41 AM
NDR-Kultur about Stephen King in Hamburg
http://www.ndr.de/kultur/literatur/stephenking111.html

Bev Vincent
12-18-2013, 07:06 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2013/12/16/magazine/16-stephen-king-publishing/16-stephen-king-publishing-blog480-v2.jpg

Stephen King’s Popularity Is Still Scary (http://6thfloor.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/12/17/stephen-kings-popularity-is-still-scary/?_r=0)

Maybe rock-star treatment for a novelist is proof that the publishing industry isn’t dead yet.

We were happy to discover this photograph in the German magazine Stern, which shows Stephen King being greeted by 3,000 fans in Hamburg. At a similarly camera-happy event, in Munich, he had apparently joked, “Do they realize that I’m not Justin Beiber?” King — the subject of a profile by Susan Dominus in The Times Magazine this past summer — was in Germany to promote his book “Doctor Sleep.”

Stockerlone
12-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Stephen King at Ramstein Air Base

http://achtmilliarden.wordpress.com/2013/11/22/stephen-king/
http://achtmilliarden.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/king-2.jpg?w=720&h=480

Spiegel Online article about SK in Hamburg with 6 pics
http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/literatur/stephen-king-in-deutschland-der-horrorkoenig-haelt-hof-a-934783.html

mosheprigan
12-27-2013, 11:10 AM
I got this compilation today, never seen on this forum. Exciting pics.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theuso/sets/72157637887589215/with/10968805756/

jhanic
12-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Very interesting! Thanks for posting that.

John

Stockerlone
01-13-2014, 02:58 AM
Stephen King in Hamburg
http://taechl.blogspot.de/2013/11/lesung-stephen-king-doctor-sleep.html

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9QpywC4Uy9k/UpNt1pH0XsI/AAAAAAAACrI/8gNvc5s8GEk/s200/734449_670256656328258_877873512_n.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-im-6LQa8m_I/UpNvmdMbnWI/AAAAAAAACrc/6rwteg-Vsco/s200/1001277_670257299661527_367014954_n.jpg

Stockerlone
08-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Is there a SK in TV thread ?

GERMAN TV
VOX 21.08.14 20:15 Uhr

Meister des Grauens - Thomas Gottschalk präsentiert Stephen King

http://www.vox.de/epg/format/artikel/sendung/142701/tv/dokumentation_und_reportage/meister-des-grauens-thomas-gottschalk-praesentiert-stephen-king

A 120 min. docu movie about SK...
(with a little bit help from stephen-king.de)

Bev Vincent
08-11-2014, 11:34 AM
Robin Furth and I were also interviewed for this.

herbertwest
08-12-2014, 01:15 AM

GERMAN TV

http://www.vox.de/epg/format/artikel/sendung/142701/tv/dokumentation_und_reportage/meister-des-grauens-thomas-gottschalk-praesentiert-stephen-king

Any chance that you will be recording it? Although I guess that it will be in german

Bev Vincent
08-12-2014, 02:57 AM
It will be in German. But not my part. Although the night before I was interviewed I thought -- wouldn't they get a big surprise if I showed up speaking fluent German?

Stockerlone
08-12-2014, 03:16 AM

GERMAN TV

Any chance that you will be recording it? Although I guess that it will be in german

I of cause record it...
But i think it´s also available online in the VOX NOW Mediathek...
http://www.vox.de/cms/sendungen/dokumentationen-und-reportagen.html

herbertwest
08-12-2014, 08:28 AM
OK. If you can just remind it to us after the release (august the 21st, right?), that would be great!

Bev Vincent
08-12-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm always interested to see how much of my material makes it into the final product. They interviewed me for nearly 2 hours (well, the first 30 minutes was spent getting the lighting right!). I was pleased by how much made it into the Biography Channel International episode, but I'm always prepared to only appear for 20 seconds saying the worst possible thing...

Stockerlone
08-16-2014, 11:20 AM
VOX
TV promo trailer for the SK doku

Bev Vincent
08-21-2014, 11:15 AM
This is airing right now.

Stockerlone
08-21-2014, 12:14 PM
NICE SK doku with..... a lot of TV time for BEV :idea:

Bev Vincent
08-21-2014, 01:28 PM
I heard Stewart O'Nan was on it, too -- can't wait to see it. See how good my German is...

herbertwest
08-22-2014, 12:00 AM
Is there any online replay, any recording of it?

Bev Vincent
08-22-2014, 02:42 AM
Apparently they often replay content online, but I'm not sure about this program. Check http://www.voxnow.de/ in the coming days/weeks.

Stockerlone
08-22-2014, 04:40 AM
Hope that the SK doku is online today/tomorrow.... FREE for 7 days...
http://www.voxnow.de/dokumentationen-und-reportagen.php

Docu credit pic
http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/view/skrepvox3evcg1x8pa.png

It was, for a smaller private TV Station a nice doku about Stephen King.
In my opinion a little bit too many SK Movie clips to see,
some were even repeated.
The best parts.... everything with Stewart O´Nan, Robin Furth
and of cause BEV.
(Did not count the minutes, but BEV was very common to see):dance:

herbertwest
08-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Was it a voiceover or subtitles for those speaking english (eg : Bev)?

Bev Vincent
08-22-2014, 09:53 AM
A voiceover -- although my voice can still be heard, apparently.

Stockerlone
08-26-2014, 11:46 AM
TV Station VOX:
At this documentary ( SK) we have no online exploitation rights and can not offer them online.:emot-flame:

Stockerlone
09-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Alternative, not aired ending from the VOX SK doku....
http://www.stephen-king.de/images/stories/presse/king_doku.jpg

herbertwest
09-08-2014, 11:32 AM
I wouldn't mind watching it :-(