PDA

View Full Version : Bev Vincent--The Road to the Dark Tower

Matt
12-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Bev Vincent (http://www.bevvincent.com/)

Buy the Book at Amazon!

There was some discussion starting about Bev's book. We are very pleased to have him as a member of the site and I personally love the informative comments he makes here.

So this thread is for the book--please go out and buy it if you haven't, its a wonderful thing.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0451213041.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Wuducynn
12-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Completely agreed Matt. While I don't agree with all of Mr. Vincent's views of the Dark Tower series, I do think it is a very well written book and an enjoyable one to read most importantly. A must for any Tower Junkie.

Bev Vincent
12-24-2007, 01:54 PM
And it makes a great Christmas gift for the Dark Tower fan in your life!

Much appreciated!

Matt
12-24-2007, 02:01 PM
As are you sir, thanks for being here.

Alright you guys, you have an incredible resource here for questions or motivation on this book.

Also any general questions for the man himself.

Bev Vincent
01-02-2008, 01:51 PM
If anyone is interested in reading my most recently published short story, visit http://www.horrorworld.org during the month of January. It's up now: In a Country Churchyard.

Matt
01-02-2008, 02:13 PM
**goes out to read it**

Thanks for the heads up Bev

jayson
01-02-2008, 02:19 PM
ok, i know what i will be reading tonight. thanks Bev, looking fwd to it.

NeedfulKings
01-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Welcome, Bev. TRTTDT is a great read and one of my favorite Cemetery Dance limited editions!!!!

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2/bookking/dt_com/rt001.jpg

And, it's nice that you aren't afraid to personalize books for your fans. :)

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2/bookking/dt_com/dt_net002.jpg

:D

Congrats on the new short story!

Patrick
01-02-2008, 11:19 PM
Hey, I've got a limited edition too. Should I mail it to Bev for an inscription? :D

Glad you're here, Bev! Thanks for sharing your insight.

Bev Vincent
01-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Mailing the LE of RTTDT back and forth would probably be very expensive for you, but I'd be willing to inscribe it if you wanted.

See http://www.bevvincent.com/contact.html for information about how the process works.

Note that I also offer signed bookplates free of charge to anyone who requests them.

Matt
01-03-2008, 07:50 AM
:ninja:

That sounds cool!

Thanks Bev

NeedfulKings
01-03-2008, 07:59 AM
Patrick's got LOTS of money!!! He can do it! ;)

Yes, the Trivia Book was very cost effective and thanks to Bev's bookplate, my trade paperback of TRTTDT is signed as well. :D

Bev Vincent
01-03-2008, 02:22 PM
My Apex Digest story "Sufficiently Advanced" is up for contention in SF short story at the Preditors and Editors readers poll. If you feel up for a vote, visit: http://www.critters.org/predpoll/shortstorysf.shtml

The story won Apex's 2006 Halloween Contest and was published in Apex Digest #9 last March.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
01-03-2008, 03:13 PM
C;mon guys, get voting. Bev is at # 3.

Standings for category: shortstorysf
1. Go Between, Dayna Hart, Samhain Publishing, http://samhainpublishing.com/
2. Narian Summer, Tianna Xander & Bonnie Rose Leigh, Cobblestone Press, http://www.cobblestone-press.com
3. Sufficiently Advanced, Bev Vincent, Apex Digest, http://www.apexdigest.com/

Matt
01-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Voted, thanks for pointing this out Bev

Letti
01-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh yay. I must get this book.

Bev - amazing to have you here - I might have lots of silly questions. I am good at them.
How long did it take to write this book?

NeedfulKings
01-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Voted :)

ATG
01-03-2008, 06:42 PM
[img=http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1821/bevvr3.th.jpg] (http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bevvr3.jpg)

Bev Vincent
01-04-2008, 04:47 AM
How long did it take to write this book?

I got the idea in October 2002, wrote a proposal and got a deal with a publisher in January 2003 and turned the book into the publisher in August 2003. I then did revisions in October-November. So, the better part of a year, off and on. Six intense months in early '03, and then revisions off and on for the rest of the year. Some proofreading in early '04.

It helped immensely that King gave me the manuscripts to DT5-7 two years before the books were published so I could get a book ready to come out the same time as DT7 was published.

NeedfulKings
01-04-2008, 06:15 AM
[quote=Letti;86110]
It helped immensely that King gave me the manuscripts to DT5-7 two years before the books were published so I could get a book ready to come out the same time as DT7 was published.

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

YOU KNEW!!!???!!!!

;)

Awesome, Bev. Congrats on the success of the book.

Bev Vincent
01-04-2008, 06:42 AM
Yeah, and I couldn't talk about it with anyone for the longest time. Finally my editor also received permission to read the manuscripts since he had to work on my book, so I had one other person on the planet I could talk about it with.

Matt
01-04-2008, 07:13 AM
:lol:

That must have been amazing!! To finally have someone else to talk to about it.

Wow!!

ATG
01-04-2008, 07:27 AM
Man, that is awesome!

Bev Vincent
01-04-2008, 07:44 AM
For those who are really interested in the process, you can read my Road to the Dark Tower weblog (http://www.bevvincent.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?board=trttdt), though it's in a jumbled order.

NeedfulKings
01-04-2008, 03:02 PM
And, I guess it goes without saying that Sai King was very generous to allow you to read the manuscripts in order to publish your book. It turned out to be a great success and I was pleased to first see (and purchase) your book at our local mall.

I was also pleased when they moved if from the "V" section to the "K" section with the other DT books.

What's your preference (assuming it can't be shelved in both places)--shelved under Vincent or King?

ATG
01-04-2008, 03:17 PM
It would never been seen under V, sorry.

Matt
01-04-2008, 03:18 PM
It would be if you were looking for it. :lol:

NeedfulKings
01-04-2008, 07:31 PM
:D Yes, I originally saw it under V, but in most cases now, it's with the Dark Tower books.

Hmmm, maybe a name change is in order: Bev Vincent King.

Problem solved. :P

Bev Vincent
01-05-2008, 04:39 PM
What's your preference (assuming it can't be shelved in both places)--shelved under Vincent or King?

As a rule, I like seeing it shelved with King's books, which is where the other associational books are usually found, like Robin's concordances and Spignesi's books, etc. That way if people don't know about the book, they're more likely to stumble across it.

I've seen it shelved in some strange places, not all of them immediately obvious.

William50
01-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I would love to have that book. I NEED IT!

ATG
01-05-2008, 05:46 PM
I would love to have that book. I NEED IT!

It offers a great short summary of all the books, as well as real life picture of stuff like the Turtle in NYC that found their ways into the books.

I highly recommend it.

William50
01-05-2008, 05:55 PM
You have read it?

Daghain
01-05-2008, 07:22 PM
I have too. I've even used it as a reference for Towerpedia! It's an excellent book, IMHO. :D

William50
01-05-2008, 07:31 PM
I think I might just buy it!

Daghain
01-05-2008, 07:40 PM
You should! :D

William50
01-05-2008, 08:19 PM
Now I just have to find the money!

ATG
01-05-2008, 09:43 PM
You have read it?

Actually,

I originally read 1-5, and am not sure about Song of Susanna. I got the hardback of DT7 for eight dollars and got 3/4ths of the way through before I realized I think I skipped DT6, so I started over.

As much as I love this site it has offered a temptation of spoilers that his book, which I do have did not. http://i9.tinypic.com/86ikllg.jpg

I am keeping it in my truck, reading each section as I reread the books, connecting all the dots.

It reminds me in a distant way of The Silmilrillian ( sp ) by Tolkien.

ATG
01-06-2008, 01:31 PM
Ok, sorry to double post, but jeez now I am seriously annoyed.

Mr. Vincent on page 87 of your book, in a section dedicated to The Waste Lands you spill the beans that Oy is killed by Morten!

Now I have to put your book aside until the I finish reading the series as no doubt there are other spoilers.

I'm curious, why did you feel the need to go there, and does it seem a flaw to you to give away important details taking place at the end of the series in a section regarding book three ?!?

signed,
Still A Fan But Seriously Annoyed.

William50
01-06-2008, 02:20 PM
I have no idea what you guys are talking about, so I must not be that far yet.

NeedfulKings
01-06-2008, 02:28 PM
I think Bev warns of spoilers from the beginning of his book and suggests that only those who have completed the series read his book.

ATG, I wouldn't dwell too much on anything you hear or read about the series until you actually see it for yourself in the books. You've got some great reading in front of you. :)

NeedfulKings
01-06-2008, 02:33 PM
Morten must not be correct...

Not sure what that means actually

Dark Tower VII Spoiler

In my paperback, Page 87 says "Mordred" will break Oy's spine in his final battle. I think ATG just read it as Morten.

Matt
01-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Then its not a spoiler :lol:

I know how does it but if you think its a character named Morten, well...that could be anyone. :ninja:

I'm mostly playing. I think if you pick up a book like that there is a good chance something will get spoiled but I'm still sorry it happened.

William50
01-06-2008, 02:43 PM
I really hate spoilers!:angry:

NeedfulKings
01-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I really hate spoilers!:angry:

True Story:

Wolves of the Calla Spoiler

I was visiting another Stephen King board and saw a thread title "The Wolves Killed Eddie" and I had not read DTV yet. I never opened the thread, until after finishing Wolves. As you can imagine, I expected Eddie to die in the final battle with the wolves, and he never did. Turns out the thread was a hoax.

So, like I said. Don't believe anything you hear. If it happens, it happens. But it just might not.

William50
01-06-2008, 02:55 PM
I really, really, really hate spoilers!!!

Brice
01-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Yes, you said that. :lol:

I don't believe in spoilers at all. Nothing can spoil a book for me. :)

William50
01-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Nothing? Not even a HUGE ending that the entire book leads up to?

Brice
01-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Nothing at all.

William50
01-06-2008, 03:03 PM
That is just sick.

Bev Vincent
01-06-2008, 04:54 PM

Mr. Vincent on page 87 of your book, in a section dedicated to The Waste Lands you spill the beans that Oy is killed by Morten!

Now I have to put your book aside until the I finish reading the series as no doubt there are other spoilers.

I'm curious, why did you feel the need to go there, and does it seem a flaw to you to give away important details taking place at the end of the series in a section regarding book three ?!?

signed,

I issued a warning in the book's opening pages that there would be serious spoilers from the onset. The Road to the Dark Tower is not intended for anyone who has yet to read all seven books. There's no way to discuss all the nuances of The Gunslinger, for example, without delving into the book's finale. My intention is to act as a tour guide, pointing out things people might have missed, and primary among these is the way King foreshadowed important events. Can't do that without revealing the thing being foreshadowed, which, perforce, takes place later in the series.

The only safe chapter to read if you haven't read all seven books is Chapter One, the chapter about the series' publication history.

William50
01-06-2008, 04:55 PM
That means that it really wasn't a spoiler then.

ATG
01-06-2008, 05:29 PM

signed,

I issued a warning in the book's opening pages that there would be serious spoilers from the onset. The Road to the Dark Tower is not intended for anyone who has yet to read all seven books. There's no way to discuss all the nuances of The Gunslinger, for example, without delving into the book's finale. My intention is to act as a tour guide, pointing out things people might have missed, and primary among these is the way King foreshadowed important events. Can't do that without revealing the thing being foreshadowed, which, perforce, takes place later in the series.

The only safe chapter to read if you haven't read all seven books is Chapter One, the chapter about the series' publication history.

Sir, I mean no disrespect, but there wasn't any reason to disclose the manner in which Oy died, it was extra text, author embellishment in my opinion. Especially considering that it took place in the context of discussion about The Waste Lands
Still, I admire your work. I'll set it aside until I finish the series and then turn back to it.

Good to see you here to answer my gripe.
Long days and pleasant nights, do ye ken it?

Bev Vincent
01-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Sir, I mean no disrespect, but there wasn't any reason to disclose the manner in which Oy died, it was extra text, author embellishment in my opinion. Especially considering that it took place in the context of discussion about The Waste Lands

The entire book is author embellishment. In my opinion, there's no point served in waiting until we actually reach an event to go back over the preceding text to show how and where significant events took place that heralded this event. That's the same experience the reader already has. The value in my commentary, I believe, is to say: look at that right there. This is a clear harbinger of what will happen five hundred pages from now. Did you notice that?

As I said before -- no one who hasn't read all seven books should be reading The Road to the Dark Tower. I want everyone to be on an equal footing so we can talk about everything -- no holds barred.

ZoNeSeeK
01-06-2008, 05:59 PM
I really enjoyed the analysis and its a very useful tool if you want to go back and re-read specific DT books without starting from the beginning again.

Bev: Did you receive any feedback from King?

ATG: The Road to the Dark Tower explores King's Magnum Opus as a complete work - its a little unwise to start looking at any kind of synopsis on the series until you've finished reading the entire thing, as you'll understand when you read the ending. Similarly, I'd stay away from the Concordance aswell until you've finished just incase you see something that ruins a major event for you. Even tdt.com only requires spoilers for any character deaths or series ending information.

Speaking of which, this entire conversation includes a spoiler that people may stumble upon without realising what we're discussing. Could a Keystone Rose mod mark out the spoiler above?

NeedfulKings
01-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Speaking of which, this entire conversation includes a spoiler that people may stumble upon without realising what we're discussing. Could a Keystone Rose mod mark out the spoiler above?

I second that request. :)

I used TRTTDT during my second read through of the series. I would read a book and then read Bev's discussion. It worked. Also, the related works he discusses are very interesting--again, I wouldn't read them until I've read the subject books.

William50
01-06-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm with that.

Matt
01-06-2008, 08:19 PM
I put them in but this site also has major disclaimers about spoilers, there is just so much we can do. :lol:

The only totally spoiler free area of the site is the book discussion forums in The Baronies. :rock:

ATG
01-06-2008, 08:49 PM
My gripe is over and I return now to praise for Bevs work.

Bev Vincent
01-07-2008, 03:22 AM

I received some assistance from him during the writing process. I tried not to bug him too much, but I did fire off the occasional question about things that were unresolved (hence the footnote about Roland's siblings, for example).

The main feedback I received, though, was his cover blurb: "This wonderful book by Bev Vincent opens doors to Roland's world that not even I knew existed. If you like The Dark Tower books, you'll like this one. Enthusiastically recommended."

Brice
01-07-2008, 03:31 AM

I received some assistance from him during the writing process. I tried not to bug him too much, but I did fire off the occasional question about things that were unresolved (hence the footnote about Roland's siblings, for example).

The main feedback I received, though, was his cover blurb: "This wonderful book by Bev Vincent opens doors to Roland's world that not even I knew existed. If you like The Dark Tower books, you'll like this one. Enthusiastically recommended."

...and I'm sure you LOVED that little piece of feedback. It's well deserved too. :D

jayson
01-07-2008, 04:10 AM
I finally picked up a copy this weekend and read it cover to cover. Excellent work Mr. Vincent!

It was almost as hard to put down as one of the seven books from the series. I agree that it is not something one should read before completing the series, but once you have finished it, I think Bev's book makes a great supplementary tome. There are some very intriguing questions posed in it, and like some of the ones we've been having here lately, they cause you constantly re-examine your view of Roland's quest.

Anyone who has finished the series but not read Bev's book, I would def rec picking it up.

Bev Vincent
01-07-2008, 06:50 AM
...and I'm sure you LOVED that little piece of feedback. It's well deserved too. :D

I wasn't the only one who loved that feedback. My publisher was tickled pink to have such a glowing review to put on the front cover.

Daghain
01-07-2008, 04:13 PM

signed,

:thumbsup:

I can vouch for that. :D

Kevin
01-07-2008, 10:44 PM
When I first saw Bev Vincent on .com, I almost had a heart attack.

I think TRTTDT is an amazing addi(c)tion to the series, it is right after DT7 on my book shelf. Thanks so much for providing your incredible insight into the series, and continuing that on here as well. You rock! :rock:

Now if only SK was here...sigh...

Matt
01-08-2008, 06:55 AM
It is a very big honor to have him as a member for sure. :rock:

And you never know, King might poke around here from time to time--dream a little dream I say! :lol:

jayson
01-08-2008, 06:56 AM
And you never know, King might poke around here from time to time--dream a little dream I say! :lol:

Yes and he will finally tell you you are wrong about whether or not Roland has to drop Jake and I will laugh and laugh!!! ;) :nana: :nana:

Brice
01-08-2008, 06:58 AM
:lol: I suspect if he ever did drop by he'd be unlikely to let anyone know it was him.

jayson
01-08-2008, 07:02 AM
It's you isn't it Brice?

Brice
01-08-2008, 07:05 AM
It's you isn't it Brice?

:rofl:

Ummm....no, pictures and stuff like that could be faked. However since I've met with one member of the site, well that would be kinda' difficult to fake.

TerribleT
01-08-2008, 09:17 AM

Yes and he will finally tell you you are wrong about whether or not Roland has to drop Jake and I will laugh and laugh!!! ;) :nana: :nana:

LMAO!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!! What HE said!!!!!

Jean
01-08-2008, 12:09 PM

and I won't laugh... because in my opinion, now that the book is finished and published, Mr King's opinion of what happened, didn't happen, should have happened or would happen there is of exactly as much value as Matt's.

(yes, I know that your point of view is diametrically opposite... I hope we'll go back to that some day)

William50
01-08-2008, 12:12 PM
I went to Borders the other day and did not see the book. Is it hard to find?

jayson
01-08-2008, 12:36 PM

I actually had to go to two Borders this past weekend to find it.

Wuducynn
01-08-2008, 12:38 PM

It sometimes is hard to find. Be sure to look under 'V' authors, not King. Also, I've had better luck with Barnes and Noble.

Spencer
01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
If anyone is interested in reading my most recently published short story, visit http://www.horrorworld.org during the month of January. It's up now: In a Country Churchyard.

I'll definitely check that out!

jayson
01-08-2008, 12:47 PM
It sometimes is hard to find. Be sure to look under 'V' authors, not King. Also, I've had better luck with Barnes and Noble.

I thought the same Matt and yet I couldn't find it under "V" but when I looked with the King stuff, there it was right next to a copy of Wolves.

Bev Vincent
01-08-2008, 12:50 PM

Depends. It's best to look it up in the in-store computer to confirm where it is shelved. It's sometimes in the non-fiction section, sometimes in the fiction section next to King's work.

Amazon usually has a decent discount on it, too -- under $11.

Matt
01-08-2008, 12:53 PM

Y'know, I would love that. :lol:

I bet King was literally sick when Roland let Jake fall. But I can understand the motivation for the character for sure.

William50
01-08-2008, 01:04 PM
I am going to buy it!

ZoNeSeeK
01-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Its not available in Aus at all - diem ordered both Road and the Concordance from the US for my birthday ;)

So I think ive got all dark tower works now, DTI-VII, DTVII first edition, Road, the complete concordance and the hardcover version of all Gunslinger Born comics. :D

Dud-a-chum?
01-13-2008, 10:56 PM
I have been curious about this book. I'll get it eventually, I guess. Hell, I just now got ahold of Robin's concordance, so I have alot of stuff to read through as I re-read the series for the first time.

Matt
01-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Its very much worth the price, I highly recommend it.

Erin
01-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Oh it's totally worth getting. I think the book is far better than the Concordances. It's written incredibly well and is interesting and informative. Three cheers for Bev!

Bev Vincent
01-14-2008, 02:21 PM
I think my book and Robin's concordance are complementary. The Concordance isn't meant to be read cover to cover -- it's a quick research tool. Mine is meant more to be read, whereas it's probably not the fastest place to look up the names of all the guardians of the beam.

Wuducynn
01-14-2008, 02:27 PM
I think my book and Robin's concordance are complementary. The Concordance isn't meant to be read cover to cover -- it's a quick research tool. Mine is meant more to be read, whereas it's probably not the fastest place to look up the names of all the guardians of the beam.

Agreed. They're both great to have and work well together.

Matt
01-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Just like a PB&J :nana:

Wuducynn
01-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Or a Fluffernutter!

ZoNeSeeK
01-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Fluffer :) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluffer)

Brice
01-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Somehow, I don't think that's quite what he meant Josh. Wait, this is Matthew...nevermind, it's precisely what he meant. :lol:

ATG
01-20-2008, 06:19 PM
I highly recommend his book as well.

Bev Vincent
02-11-2008, 09:04 AM
My short story "Change of Plans" is now available for free at Nossa Morte (http://www.nossamorte.com/feb08/toc1.html).

Nerak
02-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Good story, Bev! I knew she was going to double cross her, but not that way! HE HE

Matt
02-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Oh--can't wait to read this.

CRinVA
02-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Oh--can't wait to read this.

It's a quick read Matt - 5 minutes or so! Pretty good and while I thought I knew what the end result was I was not totally correct! :-)

CPU
02-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Bev, I really enjoyed your story! Don't hate me when I say that's the first thing (other than forum posts) that I've read by you. :P

Daghain
02-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Damn good story, Bev!

ATG
03-09-2008, 12:15 AM
I just made through your book Bev, and I got to hand it to you; you really know your stuff.

One or two questions; you detail a little the battle at Jerico Hill and I don't remember that detail in any of the books. Have you seen other sections, unpublished that could be considered DT material?

Given the way the DT has spilled over into so many books, even Liseys Story, in my opinion, do you think it likely that he will either add to the tale, or even publish a version from a different level of the Tower?

I believe King is still in a position to create the longest epic in history. I maintain that the Dark Tower is an unfinished work in if nothing else he has mentioned revising and expanding all of them as he did the first book. I for one would love to pick up again as he pursues the Man in Black, this time with the Horn of Eld.

Perhaps I just see too many connections. Oy and Wolf seem to me to be the same character for example.

alinda
03-09-2008, 05:34 AM
Oooooo Bev, that was creepy good.

Bev Vincent
03-09-2008, 10:39 AM
I just made through your book Bev, and I got to hand it to you; you really know your stuff.

One or two questions; you detail a little the battle at Jerico Hill and I don't remember that detail in any of the books. Have you seen other sections, unpublished that could be considered DT material?

Given the way the DT has spilled over into so many books, even Liseys Story, in my opinion, do you think it likely that he will either add to the tale, or even publish a version from a different level of the Tower?

I believe King is still in a position to create the longest epic in history. I maintain that the Dark Tower is an unfinished work in if nothing else he has mentioned revising and expanding all of them as he did the first book. I for one would love to pick up again as he pursues the Man in Black, this time with the Horn of Eld.

Perhaps I just see too many connections. Oy and Wolf seem to me to be the same character for example.

I'm not sure exactly which section you mean about the battle of Jericho Hill, but I suspect it is the part that is in Wolves of the Calla. I haven't seen any unpublished material. There are some quotes and events from the seventh book taken from the first draft manuscript that were subsequently changed in the final version of DT7, but I was able to correct those in the Cemetery Dance edition.

My belief: King will never return to the Dark Tower series. He may continue the tie-ins to a small extent, especially if he and Straub get together for the third Talisman novel, but I think that he is done with that particular mythos. I might be surprised a dozen years down the road, but that's my current thinking on the subject.

Wuducynn
03-11-2008, 06:42 AM
Any idea if it looks like you'll do any update to The Road to the Dark Tower once the comics are finished? Or is that still too far away right now?

Bev Vincent
03-11-2008, 09:49 AM
Still too far away. I haven't even proposed it to the publisher. The editor who worked with me on the project originally is no longer with the company, so it might be complicated, but I'll certainly suggest it when the time comes.

turtlex
08-22-2009, 05:49 AM
My newest Dark Tower collectible and it's a beautiful one... I love it.

The Road To The Dark Tower by Bev Vincent
Traycased Lettered Edition - letter ZZ
Includes signatures and Glenn Chadbourne remarque.

Book and tray case :
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/596/medium/RoadAndTrayCase.JPG

Book lettered ZZ ! :
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/596/medium/RoadLetteredZZ.JPG

The amazing Chadbourne remarque :
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/596/medium/RoadRemarque.JPG

Remarque with Chadbourne and Bev Vincent sigs :
http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/596/medium/RoadRemarqueAndSigs.JPG

Merlin1958
08-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Very, very, very nice Turtlex. What a handsome book!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, thank you again for the bookmarks I just love them to death!!!! they are so waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy cool!!!!

turtlex
08-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Merlin - You're very welcome for the bookmarks...

... and I can highly recommend this book, and if you can get this edition - with the cool tray case, even better.

I'm glad I have another copy ( you know - regular amazon purchase ) as this one is very special and I can tell you, it won't be a reading copy. :D

It's beautiful.

Merlin1958
08-22-2009, 05:25 PM
I'm sure it is and you are very lucky to have a copy (wish I did!!! lol) Those bookmarks were absolute works of art that I will treasure. Many Thanks

Bev Vincent
07-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Yesterday, Bob LeDrew and I talked about Dark Tower stuff for over half an hour for Episode 13 of his Kingcast webcast (http://thekingcast.ca/site/?p=154). This was before the Universal announcement, of course.

Bev Vincent
10-06-2011, 09:06 AM
Here's an essay that might interest you at FEARNet: Whatever happened to Danny Torrance? (http://www.fearnet.com/news/b24107_whatever_happened_danny_torrance.html)

Merlin1958
10-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Here's an essay that might interest you at FEARNet: Whatever happened to Danny Torrance? (http://www.fearnet.com/news/b24107_whatever_happened_danny_torrance.html)

Awesome!!!

Jon
10-08-2011, 08:13 AM

That is worth reading.

Did FEAR do it?

Bev Vincent
11-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Anyone interested in solving jigsaw puzzles (http://www.bevvincent.com/Companion) ?

ELazansky
11-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Anyone interested in solving jigsaw puzzles (http://www.bevvincent.com/Companion) ?

I do!

http://www.thedarktower.org/gallery/data/701/Capture1.JPG

Bev Vincent
11-09-2012, 08:36 AM
I'm currently working with the copy-edited manuscript of my third book, The Dark Tower Companion, to be published by New American Library (Penguin) in April. This massive companion is 50% longer than The Road to the Dark Tower. It covers not only the eight books of King's series, but also the Marvel graphic novel adaptations. I interviewed King for the book, along with Robin Furth, Richard Isanove (colorist), Peter David (script), Jae Lee (artist) and most of the subsequent artists. I also, much to my great delight, got to talk with Ron Howard and Akiva Goldsman about how they plan to adapt the series. Click on the smaller image below to see a full-sized version of the great cover by Spanish artist Nekro.

AN ALL-NEW COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO ONE OF THE MOST BRILLIANTLY CONSTRUCTED WORLDS IN ALL OF FICTION

Stephen King’s bestselling multi-volume Dark Tower series is the author’s most inspired and imaginative creation. The story of Roland Deschain of Gilead, the last gunslinger, and his lifelong quest to reach the tower and save humanity across infinite parallel worlds is one that has consumed King throughout his career as characters and concepts crossed back and forth between the series and the rest of his fictional universe. The mythos continues to be chronicled and expanded in graphic novels overseen by King, interactive adventures on his website, a proposed film adaptation, and in a new Dark Tower novel.

The Dark Tower Companion is the ultimate compendium to King’s evolving magnum opus, presenting the mythology, history, and geography of this epic fantasy that has captivated generations of readers. Featuring interviews with Stephen King, Ron Howard, Dark Tower expert Robin Furth and others, Bev Vincent reveals The Dark Tower’s influential literary origins, examines its connections to the vast majority of King’s other novels, explores the expanded universe, catalogs the major characters, locations and concepts, and includes a travel guide to the story’s real-world locations, giving fans who have followed Roland’s journey—or those who are discovering it for the first time—a fascinating overview of the series and an inside look at the creative process of one of the world’s most popular authors.

Publisher: NAL Trade (April 2, 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0451237994
ISBN-13: 978-0451237996
560 pages | trade paperback (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0451237994/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=0451237994&link_code=as3&tag=theroadtothed-20) | Kindle eBook (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008U4BMN2/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B008U4BMN2&link_code=as3&tag=theroadtothed-20)

http://www.bevvincent.com/Companion/companion-small.jpg (http://www.bevvincent.com/Companion/companion.jpg) (click for larger version)

Bev Vincent
11-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Announcing TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY KING (https://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/vincent02)

Author: Bev Vincent
Page Count: 50
Pub. Date: November 30, 2012

About the Book:
Since the turn of the century, Bev Vincent, author of The Stephen King Illustrated Companion and The Road to the Dark Tower, has been reviewing the works of Stephen King. These reviews have been published in a variety of venues, including Onyx Reviews, The Essential Stephen King, FEARnet, the Conroe Courier, and Cemetery Dance magazine.

Twenty-First Century King collects these reviews for the first time, starting with Riding the Bullet, King's first published work after his near-fatal accident in 1999. The twenty-one reviews (amounting to nearly 21,000 words) cover works of non-fiction, collections, collaborations, pseudonymous works and novels, including five books from the Dark Tower series.

Bev Vincent is the author of three books: The Road to the Dark Tower, The Stephen King Illustrated Companion, and the forthcoming The Dark Tower Companion (NAL, April 2013). He co-edited The Illustrated Stephen King Trivia Book and has been writing News from the Dead Zone for Cemetery Dance since 2001. He is the author of over seventy short stories, including appearances in Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine, Cemetery Dance, Shivers (II, IV, VI & VII), and When the Night Comes Down, which contains four of his stories. His story "The Bank Job" won the 2010 Al Blanchard Award, and he has been nominated for the Bram Stoker Award (twice) and the Edgar Award. He reviews at Onyx Reviews and blogs on writing for Storytellers Unplugged. Visit him on the web at bevvincent.com.

Published as:
• Signed Limited Edition Chapbook with a glossy cover limited to just 750 copies signed by the author ($12)

https://www.cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/vincent02.jpg

Bev Vincent
01-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Kev Quigley reviews (http://www.fearnet.com/news/review/book-review-bev-vincents-twenty-first-century-king) Twentieth Century King

Bev Vincent
08-03-2017, 12:49 PM
Wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm sticking it here! From a gathering before The Dark Tower premiere in Bangor.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20597518_10154708238447483_3400602941717435367_n.j pg?oh=d06e8c0a71530c80085f582161541563&oe=5A2CCC6B

Merlin1958
08-03-2017, 03:51 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Bev Vincent
02-25-2021, 07:17 AM
If anyone wants to listen to me prattle on about King-related stuff for 90 minutes, I'm the guest on today's edition of the KingCast podcast. (https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bonus-a-kingcast-interview-with-bev-vincent/id1512844649?i=1000510610148)

Bev Vincent
04-15-2021, 06:25 AM
Robin Furth and I spent a couple of hours talking Dark Tower & Stephen King stuff at Abstract Transmissions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egcc7lPLIQo

Bev Vincent
08-07-2021, 06:49 AM
I spent 90 minutes discussing the Dark Tower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPOueZ6X_xM

Merlin1958
08-07-2021, 09:11 AM
Great stuff, Bev!!! You really offer some interesting insights and perspectives!!! You're a real treasure for this site!!! Thank you.

Bev Vincent
08-08-2021, 05:36 AM
Thanks! Always happy to talk Dark Tower.

Iwritecode
08-11-2021, 04:31 AM
So apparently I've been pronouncing Gilead wrong all these years.

I always though the G had more of a J sound like "jilly-add" instead of the hard G sound.

Bev Vincent
08-11-2021, 07:12 AM
So apparently I've been pronouncing Gilead wrong all these years.

I always though the G had more of a J sound like "jilly-add" instead of the hard G sound.

It's like the one in the Bible. Or the pharmaceutical company.

Bev Vincent
11-16-2022, 03:59 AM
Dark Tower Radio -- Episode 131: Dark Tower IV Wizard and Glass Palaver description (https://www.ivoox.com/en/episode-131-dark-tower-iv-wizard-and-glass-audios-mp3_rf_96489957_1.html)

On this episode we are going back to the path of the beam and the last gunslinger and his Ka-tet and just in time for the 25th anniversary of the fourth installment of the Dark Tower Series Wizard and Glass. Joining Jeremy for this palaver is returning guest Author and Dark Tower wizard Bev Vincent. The two talk about the release of this long anticipated book that came out 6 yrs after the cliffhanger third installment The Wastelands. They share their thoughts on this often divisive chapter in the journey to the Dark Tower and its place in King's magnum opus. So hunker down and light your devil grass and tune your dial to Dark Tower Radio.

Bev Vincent
11-21-2023, 11:21 AM
Dark Tower Radio -- Episode 138: Dark Tower 5 Wolves of the Calla Review w/Bev Vincent (https://darktowerradio.libsyn.com/episode-138-dark-tower-5-wolves-of-the-calla-review-wbev-vincent)

It's time once again to head through the Unfound Door and review the next installment in the Dark Tower Series just in time for its 20th anniversary The Wolves of the Calla. Joining the podcast once again for this review is author, constant reader and tower junkie Bev Vincent. Jeremy and Bev palaver about the importance of this installment in the series and how a tragedy in King's real life influenced the last Gunslinger's journey to the Tower in the last three installments of the series. So hunker down and light some devil grass and tune the dial to Dark Tower Radio.

webstar1000
11-21-2023, 11:30 AM
Dark Tower Radio -- Episode 138: Dark Tower 5 Wolves of the Calla Review w/Bev Vincent (https://darktowerradio.libsyn.com/episode-138-dark-tower-5-wolves-of-the-calla-review-wbev-vincent)

It's time once again to head through the Unfound Door and review the next installment in the Dark Tower Series just in time for its 20th anniversary The Wolves of the Calla. Joining the podcast once again for this review is author, constant reader and tower junkie Bev Vincent. Jeremy and Bev palaver about the importance of this installment in the series and how a tragedy in King's real life influenced the last Gunslinger's journey to the Tower in the last three installments of the series. So hunker down and light some devil grass and tune the dial to Dark Tower Radio.

This is awesome Bev! I never knew about this. Thanks for sharing