PDA

View Full Version : "Study, Dammit" poster now available

Bev Vincent
12-05-2012, 08:58 AM
The year is 1970. Stephen King has spent the last three years as a columnist for The Maine Campus, the University of Maine’s student-run newspaper, and is nearing graduation. In an effort to go out with a “bang”, Stephen and Maine Campus photographer Frank Kadi head out to the woods with an (unloaded?) shotgun, seeking to “shoot” the capstone cover for their last Finals week.

What they ended up with was one of the most controversial, frightening and well-known newspaper covers ever produced. Designed so students could rip off the front page and use their image as a “public service announcement”, Study, Dammit!! was blown into history on January 15th, 1970.

Since that time, the infamous cover was lost to time, stashed in the archives and forgotten…until one fateful afternoon last fall, when Stillwater Poster Company discovered the long-lost original was ALIVE — framed and stuck behind a forgotten desk in the offices of The Maine Campus. With special permission from Stephen King himself, The Maine Campus and Stillwater Poster Company entered into a partnership to bring the fabled image alive once more.

Remastered and printed on thicker stock to ensure longevity, prints of the original Study, Dammit!! Maine Campus cover are available for sale exclusively through Stillwater Poster Company at www.StudyDammit.com. With proceeds going to support both The Maine Campus and scholarships at the University of Maine, Study, Dammit!! continues its legacy of “inspiring” students to further their education.

To order, visit http://www.studydammit.com/

carbinworld
12-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Thanks Bev, I think I'll have to order one.

jon10g
12-05-2012, 12:14 PM
It's a real shame that they do not ship overseas. I have the t shirt and would love to have the poster.
Jon

ConstantReader84
03-28-2019, 03:56 AM
Does any one still have a copy by chance?

Will pay handsomely!!!

ConstantReader84
07-02-2021, 12:47 PM
Sorry for the necro post but can someone confirm for me if these were printed as giant stickers?

Also, if anyone has this Stillwater reprint or the original newspaper and would be interested in selling please let me know!

EDIT: After some digging I found that this company created “wall clings”. It would be nice if someone can confirm if this was in fact available as a cling.

Ari_Racing
07-08-2021, 11:42 AM
No, it wasn't a cling. I got one and it's just a regular poster.

ConstantReader84
07-09-2021, 01:15 PM
No, it wasn't a cling. I got one and it's just a regular poster.

I do know they made them in poster form but perhaps there was more than one ordering option on their site?