PDA

View Full Version : Music Memories

sarah
12-18-2007, 11:55 AM
So I heard Learning to Fly today. I haven't heard that song in ages, it seems like, and the first memory i have is loosing my virginity. :lol:

So are there any songs that bring out certain memories for you?

My friend and I used to dance to Unblievable by EMF when I was in 11th grade. whenever I hear that song, I think of how we used to pull the car over and dance on the side of the road. :rolleyes: :lol:

CPU
12-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Don't Fear the Reaper always makes my wife and I think of the Stand.

Matt
12-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Uggg....Rainbow Connection.

My first kiss

Darkthoughts
12-18-2007, 01:43 PM
My friend and I used to dance to Unblievable by EMF when I was in 11th grade. whenever I hear that song, I think of how we used to pull the car over and dance on the side of the road. :rolleyes: :lol:

Cool!! I met a couple of the guys from EMF at a rave years ago.

TerribleT
12-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Theme from Mahogany: High School Graduation

Mattrick
12-18-2007, 09:17 PM
I have a memory attached to many songs; maybe just my location when listening etc.

Erin
12-18-2007, 09:36 PM
My first slow dance with a boy was to "Hole in My Soul" by Aerosmith. I was in middle school and it was with Quinton King. We were both so nervous to be so close to a member of the opposite sex. Looking back, I bet we were standing two feet away from each other. :lol:

Another song that brings back memories every time I hear it is "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf. When I was 13 or so, my friends and I would put the song on high blast and jump around like morons, singing into wooden spoons when it came on.

oh and I lost my virginity to Pearl Jam playing out my car's stereo. :lol: I think one of the specific songs was Drifting.

Odetta
12-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Kashmir - Led Zeppelin... sex

TerribleT
12-19-2007, 03:19 AM
Another song that brings back memories every time I hear it is "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" by Meatloaf.

One of my all time favorites, did you know that the guy who does the basball calls in there was an announcer for the Yankees, and just died this past summer?

TerribleT
12-19-2007, 03:20 AM
Kashmir - Led Zeppelin... sex

One of the all time greatest Rock and Roll songs EVER!!!!!!!

OchrisO
12-19-2007, 03:33 AM
Swing Life Away by Rise Against always makes me think of the summer/autumn of 2005, before everything went to shit. It was a good summer.

Gone Away by The Offspring makes me think of standing in the rain as they buried my mother. I can ahrdly listen to it.

Wish by Nine Inch Nails makes me think of highschool and riding around with my friend Wayne and a carload of people.

The whole Full Circle album by Pennywise makes me think of skateboarding with all of my friends back in 97-98, some of the most fun days of my life.

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith takes me back to when Erin and I were dating, at the beginning of our relationship when I was laying there watching her fall asleep and I started signing it just being silly.(Yes, I am that fucking lame. Small wonder that I am still single, huh?) She then made a CD for me when she went on Vacation and it was on there.

Ruthful
12-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Yes, and as I recall Phil Rizzuto wasn't too pleased with how his announcement was used in that particular song.

:excited:

Storyslinger
12-21-2007, 11:03 AM
Every Rose Has It's Thorn

Ex

Girlystevedave
02-19-2008, 01:11 PM
Radiohead (OK Computer / Pablo Honey) - I remember listening to it for days when I painted my bedroom when I was about 15.
Oasis (What's The Story Morning Glory) - I think of my sister and me sitting in her bedroom. It was summer time, we were eating pop-ice. We had a new puppy named Twiggy and we kept feeding her pop-ice too.

devo133
02-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Dreams by Fleetwood Mac got me through a really bad time with my parents. "Thunder only happens when it's raining..." how true. It was raining that day actually.

Darkthoughts
02-20-2008, 08:28 AM
My friend and I once spent an entire summer vacation (when we were 15) trying to astrally project ourselves. We would lie on the floor in her bedroom listening to Hawkwind with the windows open, imagining ourselves drifting out of the window :D

Whenever I listen to Hawkwind, especially the Chronicle of the Black Sword album, it reminds me of that.