PDA

View Full Version : El Tiro...GOL!!!-The Football/Soccer Thread

fernandito
12-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Because the worlds most popular sport needs it's own thread! :D

I'm a huge fan of European Soccer, especially the English and Spanish leagues. This past weekend my [Arsenal] Gunners were able to hold on to an agonizing 1-0 lead for the win against Chelsea.

Elsewhere in Europe, Barcelona snatched 3+ points from Valencia's stadum and is ready for next weeks derby against Real Madrid.

Lisa - Liverpool.... wa wa waaaaaa!!! :p

Darkthoughts
12-17-2007, 03:35 PM
You suck :P

fernandito
12-17-2007, 03:43 PM
I suck? How bad do I suck? Liverpool suck or worse? :lol:

I only got to see the Arsenal vs Chelsea match because these fucks at Fox Sports didn't televise the Liverpool vs Man U match. :(

Who played better?

Darkthoughts
12-17-2007, 03:49 PM
I suck? How bad do I suck? Liverpool suck or worse? :lol:

Oooh buuurn!!

To be honest I didn't really pay much attention as I was busy gossiping with my friend. I'd ask Rob, but I think he's still too gutted to talk about it :lol:

ManOfWesternesse
12-18-2007, 04:19 AM
.... because these fucks at Fox Sports didn't televise the Liverpool vs Man U match. :(

Who played better?

What a silly question..
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5804/mufcys0.png
Hee...Hee!

fernandito
12-18-2007, 09:51 AM
:lol:

Ah, Brian! My Manchester nemesis!

The first Manchester vs Arsenal Derby was played in Emirates Stadium, right? When is the 2nd Derby?

Brice
12-18-2007, 10:53 AM
This is not football. The ball is round. :P

fernandito
12-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Yeah, but uh, in this sport we actually play with our feet. :D

TerribleT
12-18-2007, 11:39 AM

That's part of the problem, we quit playing with our feet when we are like 1 year old. We lose interest in them and play with a ball that's shaped weird and bounces weird, much more challenging than those toes.

fernandito
12-18-2007, 11:40 AM
We?

:)

TerribleT
12-18-2007, 11:43 AM
We?

:)

In the US.

Actually I have a roommate who has introduced me to soccer recently, and I kinda like it. He has taught me to be a Liverpool fan though, and an appreciation for the full Irish breakfast. :)

fernandito
12-18-2007, 12:02 PM
Ah!

Liverpool is a great team(I just like to bust Lisa's chops :D), and Steven Gerrard is one of my favorite players.

TerribleT
12-18-2007, 12:04 PM
Ah!

Liverpool is a great team(I just like to bust Lisa's chops :D), and Steven Gerrard is one of my favorite players.

:D

Ruthful
12-18-2007, 12:18 PM
What's up with English soccer hooligans?

Letting themselves be restrained by anti-hooligan measures; you're never going to catch up with the Russians and Italians that way.

Step it up a little, yobs!

Otherwise, people will start thinking you're soft.

Still Servant
12-18-2007, 09:45 PM
I watched the NCAA soccer championship this weekend. Wake Forest vs. Ohio State. Wake Forest won. It was a great game.

Wake Forest has a beast of a player in Tracy. That kid is going to be nasty.

Also, if you want to get addicted to soccer just play Winning Eleven. Any sports game I've played since Winning Eleven is second rate. I'm not kidding, Madden is like an afterthought to me now.

One more thing, has anybody seen The Green Street Holligans? It's a pretty good film out football in England. Its stars Elijah Wood.

ManOfWesternesse
12-19-2007, 01:49 AM

The first Manchester vs Arsenal Derby was played in Emirates Stadium, right? When is the 2nd Derby?

Saturday, 12 April 2008
Barclays Premier League
Man Utd v Arsenal, 15:00 Old Trafford.

It wouldn't be referred to as a Derby though. That term is used for matches between 2 local teams (eg. Man Utd Vs Man City -or- Liverpool Vs Everton etc..)

Ruthful
12-19-2007, 02:04 AM
One more thing, has anybody seen The Green Street Holligans? It's a pretty good film out football in England. Its stars Elijah Wood.

I heard a lot of talk about it right before it was released.

Somehow the image of Elijah Wood as a soccer hooligan...

:nope:

Darkthoughts
12-19-2007, 02:37 AM
I used to live 3 houses down from Swindon Town football grounds - and it was pretty rough after matches some Saturdays. We had the chains ripped off our fence one week, which this guy used to whip another bloke with. I don't watch films like Green St or Football Factory because I think it's bad enough in real life.

Brice
12-19-2007, 06:25 AM

Ha ha! I was just teasing a bit. I actually don't like sports at all. They bore me.

fernandito
12-19-2007, 10:11 AM

Saturday, 12 April 2008
Barclays Premier League

It wouldn't be referred to as a Derby though. That term is used for matches between 2 local teams (eg. Man Utd Vs Man City -or- Liverpool Vs Everton etc..)

Isn't it considered a derby because they're both teams from London? And on that note, are you going to watch the Madrid vs Barcelona clasico this weekend? :excited:

Mike - I've always been a FIFA fan myself (FIFA '05 is my absolute favorite) , but I've heard great things about Winning Eleven.

[SLIDE TACKLES BRICE!]

Still Servant
12-20-2007, 08:21 PM

Saturday, 12 April 2008
Barclays Premier League

Mike - I've always been a FIFA fan myself (FIFA '05 is my absolute favorite) , but I've heard great things about Winning Eleven.

[SLIDE TACKLES BRICE!]

Both games are great Feev. I feel that you can't go wrong with either soccer game. I bought Winning Eleven 9 with a $50 gift card for Circuit City. Since I was just getting into soccer and had never played a soccer game before, I didn't want to purchase one with my own hard earned money.

I decided to use the gift card. Circuit City didn't have any Fifa's so I grabbed a WE9. One of the best games I've ever bought. I still play it. I'm in year 15 in franchise.

I sometimes feel like shit when talking about how much I like soccer. My grandfather was from Naples, Italy and tried to get me to watch/play soccer, but I always picked up a bat, or a bball or a football.

He's been dead for 10 years. It sucks that I started watching it after he died. I would have liked to watch Italy win the World Cup with him.

ManOfWesternesse
12-21-2007, 02:38 AM
...The first Manchester vs Arsenal Derby was played in Emirates Stadium, right? When is the 2nd Derby?

....It wouldn't be referred to as a Derby....That term is used for matches between 2 local teams (eg. Man Utd Vs Man City -or- Liverpool Vs Everton etc..)

.....Isn't it considered a derby because they're both teams from London?...

Hold on - we're talking about Manchester United Vs Arsenal here, right??
So that's Manchester (North West of England) Vs London (South East) ? Or am I missing the point? (which would not be surprising! :lol:)

fernandito
12-21-2007, 07:33 AM
I'll have to take your word for it Brian, I have absolutely no knowledge of England's geography, if you ask me to point something out I'll probably end up pointing at London :lol: It's just that I've always heard it mentioned as a derby. Perhaps Lisa can clear up the situation for us? LISAAAAAAAA!

ZoNeSeeK
12-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Mangina United -vs- Arsenal you say

ZoNeSeeK
02-01-2008, 10:07 PM
Nando:

http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=27332

fernandito
02-02-2008, 03:34 AM
That's fucking amazing. Once, the Adidas Indoor-Soccer pros hosted a tournament in the park where I play, and they actually played with other folks there. Those guys are so fucking quick, the ball can be upfield already and you're still trying like a dumbass to steal it away from them :lol:

In other news...EE.UU vs Mexico! February 6th! 6:00 P.M (Pacific)

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6323/borgqq4.jpg

Still Servant
02-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Hey Feev, that was a great game.

Altidore is going to be a beast. I love watching that kid.

Damn, there is so much bad blood between Mexico and US.

fernandito
02-07-2008, 11:31 AM
It was a great game. And of course, Mexico has yet to learn it's lesson : practice your defensive aerial set pieces! I really liked the way Mexico was touching the ball, lot's of 'first touches' and side changes. I hope to see De Nigris and Vela in the starting line up more often.

And yes, there will always be bad blood when these two teams meet up. Did you see that scuffle between De Nigris and Howard?

Still Servant
02-07-2008, 01:56 PM
And yes, there will always be bad blood when these two teams meet up. Did you see that scuffle between De Nigris and Howard?

Yeah, I saw that. I thought they were going to come to blows.

Howard started that. He put DeNigris in a headlock.

It's funny, I started out switching back and fourth between the soccer game and Duke/UNC. About 4 minutes in I forgot all about the bball game and didn't go back until half time.

I love college bball too. That just shows you how entertaining soccer is.

fernandito
02-24-2008, 04:34 AM
Has anyone else been following the 2nd round of th UEFA Champions League? :) Some of the more notable scores from this past week:

FC Barcelona 3, Celtic 2
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8017/championsbarsats3.jpg

Arsenal 0, AC Milan 0
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2626/championsarsenalyk6.jpg

Manchester United 1, Olympique Lyon 1
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/2353/championsmancheam3.jpg

Real Marid 1, AS Roma 2
http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/9313/championsmadridji7.jpg