PDA

View Full Version : Would you join him?

Storyslinger
12-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Would you join Roland on his quest for the Dark Tower, even though it would most likely end with you death?

Jean
12-12-2007, 10:18 AM
Not if I could help it. My own death isn't that important here, it's leaving those who need me that would stop me.

Storyslinger
12-12-2007, 10:19 AM
I agree, it would be selfish to leave those that rely on you for your own questing

funky dredd
12-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Nope, I couldn't do it.

jayson
12-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Without question, yes. There are other worlds than these.

sai blaine
12-12-2007, 10:39 AM
If it meant i could get the chance to strangle roland in his sleep then yes...

Jean
12-12-2007, 10:42 AM
If it meant i could get the chance to strangle roland in his sleep then yes...
oh shit... if I could prevent Roland from being strangled in his sleep by David... but on the condition that I'd go back to my wife immediately after that.

Storyslinger
12-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I would have to save the man also, sorry sai

MonteGss
12-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I said yes.

Wuducynn
12-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Hell no.

Wuducynn
12-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Actually, cancel that..yes I would join him. *chuckle*

sai blaine
12-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Actually, cancel that..yes I would join him. *chuckle*
*wink wink* ;)

Jean, story...why would you save him <_< i could pay you to turn a blind eye or two...

Letti
12-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Not if I could help it. My own death isn't that important here, it's leaving those who need me that would stop me.

I couldn't agree more.

Wuducynn
12-12-2007, 11:11 AM
If Letti goes on the quest I'll be there with bells on.

Jean
12-12-2007, 11:14 AM

I couldn't agree more.
I knew that! we differ in many respects, my love, but here we're alike.

David: I would save Roland for two main reasons. First, - and main - because I like him. Second (less important) - because someone has to save the universe while Nikolett and me comfort our loved ones. Not anything to spit on, either, by the way. Or Roland will have the universe saved for some Big Cold Dehumanized Greater Good of ultimate demagogy.

or, if I failed to make myself clear, here is how someone else did it, better than I ever could have:

Egem, földem, levegőm
Csillag füves legelőm
Ágyam, párnám, paplanom
Virág nyitó hajnalom
ez mind az én Mindenem

Estém, álmom, fényeim
Mesét zengő lépteim
Csodám, gyöngyöm, vágyaim
Szemembe zárt szárnyaim
ez mind az én Mindenem

S ha percnyit Hangod hallhatom
Ha csókod érzem ajkamon
Ott van mindez én velem
Hisz Te vagy mind a Mindenem

Wuducynn
12-12-2007, 11:16 AM
David: I would save Roland for two main reasons. First, - and main - because I like him. Second (less important) - because someone has to save the universe while Nikolett and me comfort our loved ones. (not anything to spit on, either, by the way. Or Roland will have the universe saved for some Big Cold Dehumanized Greater Good of ultimate demagogy)

Wait a second Jean, I'll help David with that too..

Letti
12-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Jean, you are simply incredible... for my part I am speechless.

jayson
12-12-2007, 11:20 AM
I'd be loathe to leave my loved ones as well, but if the choice were to actively participate in saving their world and all others or sitting in my own world waiting for the end, I'd share khef with Roland.

Wuducynn
12-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Jean, you are simply incredible... for my part I am speechless.

Yeah but you can still type I can see :rolleyes:

Letti
12-12-2007, 11:21 AM
If I joined Roland it would be to save my loved ones.
But above the option is: - Of course....who wouldn't want to quest for the Tower.
These two are damn different.

Storyslinger
12-12-2007, 11:23 AM
*quitely leaves the room*

Yeah, the choices are a little on the extreme side

Letti
12-12-2007, 11:23 AM
*quitely leaves the room*

Yeah, the choices are a little on the extreme side

It's good as it is. :)

Storyslinger
12-12-2007, 11:24 AM
*peaks back in*

:D

jayson
12-12-2007, 11:24 AM
But above the option is: - Of course....who wouldn't want to quest for the Tower.

You say true, I say thankya. But I'd still be on the path of the Beam.

Letti
12-12-2007, 11:25 AM

You say true, I say thankya. But I'd still be on the path of the Beam.

I respect it.

sai blaine
12-12-2007, 11:33 AM
David: I would save Roland for two main reasons. First, - and main - because I like him. Second (less important) - because someone has to save the universe while Nikolett and me comfort our loved ones. Not anything to spit on, either, by the way. Or Roland will have the universe saved for some Big Cold Dehumanized Greater Good of ultimate demagogy.
:nope: Everyone (cept mne) has to die sometime so why not by the hands of a friend...:nana: then a gaint spider or billy bumber?

If the universe wanted saving by a murderer then....yeah...kill him, roland seems to hurt loved ones more then save them i think

Jean
12-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Good point, David. But universe can be solved by nobody else but a murderer. It's a bloody, dirty job, saving the universe. Those who would rather die with their hands clean (like me) stay home.

Letti
12-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Good point, David. But universe can be solved by nobody else but a murderer. It's a bloody, dirty job, saving the universe. Those who would rather die with their hands clean (like me) stay home.

I can't believe this, I agree again.

Anyway David, we all hurt our loved ones. Noone is perfect. That's why life can be so hard.
I think Roland tried to love well very hard (and it's such a god point) and he developed a lot.

jayson
12-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I think Roland helped his ka-mates more than Sai David Blaine would care to admit. He saved Eddie from being a junkie and gave him a chance at personal redemption. He saved Odetta/Detta from being unaware of her schizophrenia, and allowed her to regain control over her own mind. He saved Jake from a family that could care less about him. Did he hasten their deaths? Possibly, but everybody's got to die at some point. I could think of worse ways than helping save the multiverse.

sai blaine
12-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Then thats a sad world where only rights can be fixed with wrongs...so many needless deaths if only he wasnt so rash.

I can't believe this, I agree again.

Anyway David, we all hurt our loved ones. Noone is perfect. That's why life can be so hard.
I think Roland tried to love well very hard (and it's such a god point) and he developed a lot.
I think it was on and off with him, he killed and he enjoyed it, sad fact.

sai blaine
12-12-2007, 11:45 AM
I think Roland helped his ka-mates more than Sai David Blaine would care to admit. He saved Eddie from being a junkie and gave him a chance at personal redemption.
Which if i remeber right lead to his brothers head rolloing across the floor...

Letti
12-12-2007, 11:47 AM
I think Roland helped his ka-mates more than Sai David Blaine would care to admit. He saved Eddie from being a junkie and gave him a chance at personal redemption.

I might be cruel but I think that was one of the best things what happened to Eddie in his life...

jayson
12-12-2007, 11:50 AM

Yeah, because otherwise Henry would have lived a long life. Why, I'm pretty sure that after he delivered the goods to Balazar, that Eddie and Henry were headed to the rehab facility, for real this time, and they'd have dropped their habits and become investment bankers. Dean and Dean, the Wall Street wizards. All I know is, on his deathbed, Eddie thanks Roland for giving him a second chance. Guess he thought it was all worthwhile.:rose:

sai blaine
12-12-2007, 11:50 AM

I might be cruel but I think that was one of the best things what happened to Eddie in his life...
His brother did alot for eddie, even if he didnt notice it... thru his brothers negative attitude eddie was able to push to be the best he can, to prove his brother wrong.

Matt
12-12-2007, 11:53 AM
If me and Dora could go then yes--the kids could make PB&J for a while. :lol:

Letti
12-12-2007, 11:54 AM

His brother did alot for eddie, even if he didnt notice it... thru his brothers negative attitude eddie was able to push to be the best he can, to prove his brother wrong.

I don't say it's good for anyone to lose his or her brother. But there are such relationships that ruin everything. Theirs was like that.

Katet
12-12-2007, 11:55 AM
I would go, just because that would mean I was helping Roland save the universe and I'd feel like I was contributing to that cause. Think of it this way: No universe, no family to come home to.

jayson
12-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I don't say it's good for anyone to lose his or her brother. But there are such relationships that ruin everything. Theirs was like that.

To some extent I feel both Letti and David are right. Eddie would likely not be the person he was had he not grown up with Henry always making him feel inferior. However, I don't think Eddie could have ever become who he became with Henry still in the picture. Henry was an anchor that was keeping Eddie in place. Roland freed him. In the end, the best thing Henry ever did for Eddie was die. Sad but true.

Storyslinger
12-12-2007, 12:03 PM
http://www.cybergifs.com/faces/BigB.gif

Yes, you can pick you friends, but not family. He could have left Roland, but Henry was something that he was stuck with.

sai blaine
12-12-2007, 12:16 PM

To some extent I feel both Letti and David are right. Eddie would likely not be the person he was had he not grown up with Henry always making him feel inferior. However, I don't think Eddie could have ever become who he became with Henry still in the picture. Henry was an anchor that was keeping Eddie in place. Roland freed him. In the end, the best thing Henry ever did for Eddie was die. Sad but true.
I'm Right?! O_o :scared: not natural...

Hmmmm which other character do i know of that people awlays die around...the mans a fucking jinx! :scared:

Wuducynn
12-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Now heres a question. Would you have joined Roland knowing he was stuck in the loop?

MonteGss
12-12-2007, 05:15 PM
If I knew the entire time? No. If I was ignorant of it and could keep following him, then yes.

TerribleT
12-12-2007, 05:19 PM

Henry never did a fucking thing for Eddie, everything Henry did, he did for Henry. He fucked Eddie over bigtime, and dying with a fucking needle in his arm and then being beheaded was a perfect ending for that useless prick.

TerribleT
12-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I did join Roland on his quest to save the tower. It took us twenty fucking years, but we got it done. I am doing it again, know it ends in a loop. Does this thread need a spoilers tag?

Jean
12-13-2007, 02:45 AM
Now heres a question. Would you have joined Roland knowing he was stuck in the loop?
what difference would that make? The universe needs saving every time. Now, as we're sitting there, someone is walking to the Tower, giving it and the whole universe (all universes) a chance to stand for some more time.

JasKo
12-13-2007, 02:55 AM
I can hardly say if I could or not. I have just started on book four, around 200 pages in it. It's hard for me to tell because of several reasons: 1. I don't know how it ends. 2. It's impossible to say without being there in live and then deciding :)

Jean
12-13-2007, 03:01 AM
TerribleT and JasKo: thank you for reminding me.

Dear friends: this is not a spoiler thread. Please mark your spoilers in accordance with the Spoiler Requirements for this forum.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/thaku.gif

jayson
12-13-2007, 04:22 AM
I can hardly say if I could or not. I have just started on book four, around 200 pages in it. It's hard for me to tell because of several reasons: 1. I don't know how it ends. 2. It's impossible to say without being there in live and then deciding :)

By the end of this book, you may know more about Roland than you ever wanted.:orely:

Wuducynn
12-13-2007, 06:14 AM
what difference would that make? The universe needs saving every time. Now, as we're sitting there, someone is walking to the Tower, giving it and the whole universe (all universes) a chance to stand for some more time.

Apparently it makes a difference to some..look at Monte's post above ;)

TerribleT
12-13-2007, 12:51 PM

As I said earlier, I'm back on the journey :D

Matt
12-13-2007, 02:31 PM
I believe, like my wife, that Eddie was who he was in spite of how he was raised, not because of it.

LadyHitchhiker
12-13-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry, I don't think my super-powers have developed enough yet so I'll pass on the whole saving the world thing for now...

LadyHitchhiker
12-13-2007, 07:23 PM
But actually if we're going to be true to the book, I would probably have no choice in the matter because ka is ka, and ka would make my path for me... *shrugs*

al'Lan Mandragoran
12-18-2007, 11:27 AM
I would go. Nevermind my loved ones... I have very few. And besides, everything is destroyed in time... I figure, they mide as well get over me sooner rather than later, after friendships and whatnot have had time to grow stronger, and I have little love for this world of ours anyways.

cozener
12-18-2007, 12:30 PM
Knowing whats at stake, yes. I'd go with him. If he's coming to me I would have to assume that there's a reason why my being with him is important. I don't think I could leave it to chance that someone else would step up and take my place if I refused. If discomfort and death along the path of the beam is required to save the world...which includes my children...then your damn right I'd go with him. I'd really hate not being able to say my goodbyes. They might not ever know where I'd gone and what happened to me. For all they know I could have run away to South America to be with my Mestizo girlfriend or something. That would be the worst part...them thinking terrible things about me or even worse than that, their thinking that something bad had happened to me and never knowing where I was or if I was someplace suffering.

hisDudeness
12-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Answering that question realy depends on whether or not you have finished the whole series or not.

Because knowing what the DT realy is and then accepting the quest is just insanity.

Letti
12-26-2007, 05:44 AM
Answering that question realy depends on whether or not you have finished the whole series or not.

For me it doesn't make a difference.
My answer was the same before and after the end.

Matt
12-26-2007, 01:46 PM
Same here--not to mention, I am convinced that the Tower was falling only for Roland by the end.

I would have to let it fall unless I could take Dora with me. :wub:

The kids...they are almost grown so that would be good.

cozener
01-08-2008, 03:32 PM

Because knowing what the DT realy is and then accepting the quest is just insanity. I've finished it and I'm still not exactly sure what The Tower is...and I like it that way. :)

Dud-a-chum?
01-14-2008, 04:30 PM
I chose option one, because . . .

Even if I knew that I would ultimately not make it to the end of the journey with Roland . . .

. . . I would enjoy everything we would experience along the way. I mean, if I could turn my life around, marry a beautiful woman and gain a proper father and brother all in the same quest, like Eddie did, I would give anything for that.

IWasSentWest
01-14-2008, 04:51 PM
of course. im a heartless bastard who thinks his family and friends could and would get over it if i just up and disappeared...i'd leave em a nice long note...i hear C.B radios work pretty damn well...maybe i'd take a portable.

just to be able to see what other worlds would be like would be enough for me

Jonn Wolfe
01-14-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't think I'd have much of a choice if I was drawn. However, I don't know if I'd be able to do much good. I have something along the line of the 'twisting'.

Now, if the drawing cured that? You betcha!

Letti
01-14-2008, 11:35 PM

Because knowing what the DT realy is and then accepting the quest is just insanity. I've finished it and I'm still not exactly sure what The Tower is...and I like it that way. :)

Oh yes, I feel absolutely the same way. :)

Wuducynn
01-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Letti, would join the Red and help me build a temple to the Crimson King.

jayson
01-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Letti, would join the Red and help me build a temple to the Crimson King.

You can't make me shoot Letti. I'd let her cry pardon when the White comes to destroy your little red church.

Wuducynn
01-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Two hits, man. Letti hitting you and you hitting the oggan. You'd never get up.

Letti
01-15-2008, 10:52 AM
Red church? Shooting me? Hey!!! What are you two talking about?? :lol:

Wuducynn
01-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Letti is my hot, Type 1 vampire chick...her first victim will be R_of_G...I'll laugh and laugh while she drains every drop of blood from his desicated corpse. His will be the first skeleton we'll use to decorate the temple with. :harrier:

Jean
01-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Red church? Shooting me? Hey!!! What are you two talking about?? :lol:
don't worry. They just thought the bear was sleeping and there was nobody to protect you. http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_angry.gif

But this bear never sleeps.

jayson
01-15-2008, 10:57 AM
You sure are one deluded Were-Spider there Big Red.

Wuducynn
01-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Type 1 vampires don't need protecting..they need protecting FROM.

Wuducynn
01-15-2008, 10:58 AM
You sure are one deluded Were-Spider there Big Red.

What were you saying, Letti-Lunch?

Letti
01-15-2008, 11:00 AM
Guys, it's really good to see how creative you two are *kisses* but let's go back to topic. :)

Woofer
01-24-2008, 03:57 PM
I think I'd have to - for myself and for ka. I think Mr. Woofer would probably want to come as well. I wonder if we could swing that. :orely:

Malficeus
01-24-2008, 04:36 PM
to hold the power of all universes to change what i want and play god... i think i will help him but do we need to tell him that bit i just said?

Matt
01-24-2008, 04:48 PM
I think I'd have to - for myself and for ka. I think Mr. Woofer would probably want to come as well. I wonder if we could swing that. :orely:

I'm the same woof. If the wife could come, I would go. :clap:

Kids are almost grown anyway. :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
01-29-2008, 12:43 AM
I voted yes because I don't believe I would have a choice in the matter. If ka willed it, I would have to go...