PDA

View Full Version : DYING WISH COMPETITION

agrabin
08-29-2012, 03:35 AM
So...if you were to be granted one wish before you die what would it be?

The one judged by me to be the most original and creative, will receive a genuine signed (by Stephen King) copy of a SK book from my collection to be shipped free of charge to the winner, anywhere in the World. The competition will remain open for no longer than 6 months but might end earlier should I decide to close it.

You may submit as many entries as you choose and the only rule is that your wish must be physically, spiritually and financially achievable.

For what it's worth, my wish would be to have pockets sewn into my shroud. :evil:

thegunslinger41
08-29-2012, 05:38 AM
I would probably wish for my parents to be able to break out of their routine for once. They've never really left the small town that I grew up in and have always busied themselves so much with our upbringing. They are sooo unselfish! And it makes me feel sad that they never got to travel or anything. So...my dying wish would be to send them to a different part of this world...maybe Europe...see things they've only read about in books or seen on TV...send their asses to the Grand Canyon or Yosemite National Park...or Niagara Falls...send them on an Alaskan Whale watching cruise...on a mediterranean cruise... Send them to Egypt to see the pyramids...send them to Cancun to see the most beautiful beaches....Send them to Maui where my wife and I went on our honeymoon. I guess it all comes full circle in ways. They sacrifice for their kids and in turn, their kids want them to experience everything that this world has to offer--at least I do. As Dave Matthews says in "Two-Step"

Celebrate we will
Because life is short but sweet for certain
We're climbing two by two
To be sure these days continue

agrabin
08-29-2012, 06:50 AM
Nice thought...but if they're happy with each other then maybe that's enough for them.

Travel maketh not the man nor joy does it import

Thelangoleer
08-29-2012, 09:53 AM
If I had one wish before I died

It would be for the kids that I teach in inner city Cincinnati. They aren't worried about what I have to teach them about science most of the time, rather they are worried about where their next meal is coming from. I would wish that those kids could be able to focus on school, have a stable family life, and be able to be kids for once. More than once have I stayed after school Waiting for parents to show up, and they never do. In most cases these kids are raised by slightly older brothers and sisters, grandparents or other relatives.

If I could have my wish these kids wouldnt have to turn to drugs or violence, and could turn to after school programs that faster innovation and creativity that I know these children are capable of.

Merlin1958
08-29-2012, 10:33 AM
IDK about a "last wish", but my "Last will & testament" requires me to be cremated and the ashes spread over Disney World from the "Sky Car" ride in the Magic Kingdom. Hope to end up in some kids ice cream!!!! This is, hand to God, actually in my will!!! Was always my absolute favorite place to be. Disney World, that is not the ice cream which I can take or leave.

RainInSpain
08-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Apologies if this hurts anyone's feelings, but here goes.
My wish is for the inscription on my future tombstone to say: "See ya soon!"

Merlin1958
08-29-2012, 10:59 AM

Makes sense, you morbid bastard!!! LOL LOL

:smile_002:

Brice
08-29-2012, 11:02 AM
My dying wish is not to die.

mystima
08-29-2012, 11:05 AM
mine would be for my children to go to college. Any college and be able to do what they wish with that diploma that they receive. If one wants to be the president of the united states with that diploma I am all for it. Just as long as they can go to college is my one and only wish.

Merlin1958
08-29-2012, 11:07 AM

Unrealistic. My dying wish would be to come back as "Brice" with more money and a better haircut!!!!

:rofl:

Brice
08-29-2012, 11:10 AM
<_<

:lol:

John Blaze
08-29-2012, 12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOKs5XlnaU0

That being said,

My dying wish would be to be able to show everyone that ever looked down on me what I'm really like on the inside, the people that judged me unfairly because of my looks, speech, or way of dress. I'd like for them to see me the way I see myself and how I feel about myself.

Brice
08-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Okay, here's the winning post friends.

My dying wish is an unlimited lifetime supply of IRN BRU for agrabin. :)

Ricky
08-29-2012, 04:07 PM
Hope to end up in some kids ice cream!!!!

Oh my God. Now I know why I haven't been to Disney in years. :lol:

mattgreenbean
08-29-2012, 07:49 PM
2 chicks at the same time!

What's up!!

agrabin
08-30-2012, 12:47 AM
If I had one wish before I died

It would be for the kids that I teach in inner city Cincinnati. They aren't worried about what I have to teach them about science most of the time, rather they are worried about where their next meal is coming from. I would wish that those kids could be able to focus on school, have a stable family life, and be able to be kids for once. More than once have I stayed after school Waiting for parents to show up, and they never do. In most cases these kids are raised by slightly older brothers and sisters, grandparents or other relatives.

If I could have my wish these kids wouldnt have to turn to drugs or violence, and could turn to after school programs that faster innovation and creativity that I know these children are capable of.

Commendable indeed. I work in a Teacher Training College and the students we have are mostly from middle-class backgrounds. Money isn't so much of a problem for them, although, of course, that in itself does not guarantee happiness. To be fair, they are a decent bunch and generally hard working and respectful. I know also of many kids who do not, and probably never will, have the chances in life that more privileged ones have. Unfortunately, I guess that's the nature of our society.

agrabin
08-30-2012, 12:50 AM
IDK about a "last wish", but my "Last will & testament" requires me to be cremated and the ashes spread over Disney World from the "Sky Car" ride in the Magic Kingdom. Hope to end up in some kids ice cream!!!! This is, hand to God, actually in my will!!! Was always my absolute favorite place to be. Disney World, that is not the ice cream which I can take or leave.

I suppose that qualifies as a dying wish. Let me know when it's likely to happen, just in case I might have planned to be there at that time.

agrabin
08-30-2012, 12:52 AM

Feelings hurt there should not be,
Your optimism pleaseth me

agrabin
08-30-2012, 12:57 AM

Drink enough IRN-BRU and who knows??

agrabin
08-30-2012, 01:00 AM
mine would be for my children to go to college. Any college and be able to do what they wish with that diploma that they receive. If one wants to be the president of the united states with that diploma I am all for it. Just as long as they can go to college is my one and only wish.

I do hope you get your wish. Two of mine went to University and neither of them are now in positions which required them to have their degrees. Just a thought.

agrabin
08-30-2012, 01:01 AM

Unrealistic. My dying wish would be to come back as "Brice" with more money and a better haircut!!!!

Brave indeed...not sure I would wish that on anyone!!

agrabin
08-30-2012, 01:15 AM

That being said,

My dying wish would be to be able to show everyone that ever looked down on me what I'm really like on the inside, the people that judged me unfairly because of my looks, speech, or way of dress. I'd like for them to see me the way I see myself and how I feel about myself.

Those shallow ones who judge you, and others, not by what you are but by how you look, merit no such attention...it is they who should be contrite. Worry not yourself nor waste any time giving credence to those who deserve none. Be who you are with great pride and we will support you. Concentrate your mind on another dying wish for this one I declare unnecessary and therefore redundant.

agrabin
08-30-2012, 01:20 AM
Okay, here's the winning post friends.

My dying wish is an unlimited lifetime supply of IRN BRU** for agrabin. :)

Clever Brice...devilishly clever. However, on pain of inflicting great personal regret on myself...I hereby declare an amendment to the rules...no bribery. You should understand Brice that this is required because, let's be honest, this** is a competion stopper and it's just too early to part with my book..

agrabin
08-30-2012, 01:23 AM

What's up!!

Should I be honest and probably incur the wrath of any feminist who may be watching, or should I be diplomatic and say but nought?

Hmm...sorry girls, but I like this one.

Jean
08-30-2012, 02:23 AM
My dying wish would be to be able to show everyone that ever looked down on me what I'm really like on the inside, the people that judged me unfairly because of my looks, speech, or way of dress. I'd like for them to see me the way I see myself and how I feel about myself.Just get those bastards over here.
We here are the afterworld... where everyone is appreciated as he deserves, and I hope everyone is able to show what they are really like - on the inside.

Bethany
08-30-2012, 05:43 AM
My dying wish is the same as my life goal... to know that my girls are happy in whatever they choose to do, confident in themselves and do not define who they are by a man or a job or anything other than what inside them. Oh, and if they were to rub it in their dad's face that I was the one that helped them acheive that, all the better.

Stockerlone
08-30-2012, 05:54 AM

What's up!!

Should I be honest and probably incur the wrath of any feminist who may be watching, or should I be diplomatic and say but nought?

Only two ???:cool:

Iwritecode
08-30-2012, 06:21 AM

What's up!!

No, no, no. That's the answer to what you would do if you had a million dollars. :cool2:

Iwritecode
08-30-2012, 06:24 AM
My dying wish would be to be buried upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass.

No, but seriously, I have to think about this a little more to some up with something good. 8)

agrabin
08-30-2012, 07:42 AM
My dying wish would be to be buried upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass.

No, but seriously, I have to think about this a little more to some up with something good. 8)

I like that :)

agrabin
08-30-2012, 07:47 AM
My dying wish is the same as my life goal... to know that my girls are happy in whatever they choose to do, confident in themselves and do not define who they are by a man or a job or anything other than what inside them. Oh, and if they were to rub it in their dad's face that I was the one that helped them acheive that, all the better.

No one could argue with that Bethany...perhaps their dad's wish might be for him to be in a position which would negate the necessity for you to want them to do what you suggest??

Bethany
08-30-2012, 08:01 AM

No one could argue with that Bethany...perhaps their dad's wish might be for him to be in a position which would negate the necessity for you to want them to do what you suggest??

No, he's an asshat and we don't like him.

I would also like my death to cause a spate of gossip that includes the words: cougar, boy toy, scandal, and pot holders.

John Blaze
08-30-2012, 08:10 AM

What's up!!
::high fives::
I can't lie, that's a good one.

Drifter13
08-30-2012, 09:46 AM
my dying wish is for Blaine the mono to take me to my final destination. and if we could swing by the blasted lands and run down some slow mutants on the way that would be alrite with me. my religion says these things are possible.

agrabin
08-30-2012, 10:49 AM

I would also like my death to cause a spate of gossip that includes the words: cougar, boy toy, scandal, and pot holders.

My sympathy lies with you and your girls Bethany...but just bear in mind, we ain't all monsters (or as one of my comical colleagues would say, munksters)!!

As long as it doesn't involve mass murder I can arrange for 'secrets' (sordid or just juicy - you choose) to be drip-fed to the media after your demise...no charge.

Bethany
08-30-2012, 10:56 AM

My sympathy lies with you and your girls Bethany...but just bear in mind, we ain't all monsters (or as one of my comical colleagues would say, munksters)!!

As long as it doesn't involve mass murder I can arrange for 'secrets' (sordid or just juicy - you choose) to be drip-fed to the media after your demise...no charge.

I think I like you :D

agrabin
08-30-2012, 11:08 AM
my dying wish is for Blaine the mono to take me to my final destination. and if we could swing by the blasted lands and run down some slow mutants on the way that would be alrite with me. my religion says these things are possible.

Hmm!! My rule says the wish must be physically, spiritually and financially viable. Your religion says ''these things are possible'' and I respect everyone's religion. Your veracity is not in question and I would never presume to sit in judgement on such a serious matter. However, since this is my competition, I reckon that what might be perceived by some to be fantastic (in the true sense of the word) notions should possibly be reserved for what could be another competition. Fair?

agrabin
08-30-2012, 11:17 AM

I think I like you :D

Anyone who wishes for others what they might have wished for theirself is a star. They say there is no greater sacrifice one can make than to lay down one's life for another, but I say not. The greatest sacrifice one can make is to lay down one's life for another, with the knowledge that no one will ever know about it. :)

Drifter13
08-30-2012, 11:27 AM
you speak fairly and truthfully sai, i will revise my last wish before i enter the clearing at the end of the path

agrabin
08-30-2012, 11:33 AM
you speak fairly and truthfully sai, i will revise my last wish before i enter the clearing at the end of the path

Long days and pleasant nights my friend

John Blaze
08-30-2012, 02:05 PM
[ They say there is no greater sacrifice one can make than to lay down one's life for another, but I say not. The greatest sacrifice one can make is to lay down one's life for another, with the knowledge that no one will ever know about it. :)

You need to watch the movie that my av sig combo is based on. It's pretty damn good. :)

John Blaze
08-30-2012, 02:14 PM

That being said,

Those shallow ones who judge you, and others, not by what you are but by how you look, merit no such attention...it is they who should be contrite. Worry not yourself nor waste any time giving credence to those who deserve none. Be who you are with great pride and we will support you. Concentrate your mind on another dying wish for this one I declare unnecessary and therefore redundant.
Ok then. Honestly, It's really hard to come up with a new one. All the ideas I get are just cliche' last wishes and of course to win the competition you'd like something unique. However, I can honestly say I'm fine with my life the way it is and plan on realizing all my dreams before I die. So I'd like to say that my dying wish if for my ex-wife to be able to move on, find a new love, and be happy. She really isn't that bad of a person and I'm sure there's someone out there who can make her happy. Hopefully she can let go of the hate and anger she feels towards me and move on. So, I guess my dying wish would be for my ex wife and for all my friends and family to live lives in which the happy outweighs the sad. :)

Ka-mai
08-30-2012, 04:03 PM

What's up!!

:rofl: This cracks me up because of Office Space.

I have been trying to come up with something clever and mind-blowing for this thread, and came up with nothing.

I think my dying wish would be to be content, at peace with my life and at peace with the fact of my death. And I would like a kitty with me. :P

Merlin1958
08-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Hope to end up in some kids ice cream!!!!

Oh my God. Now I know why I haven't been to Disney in years. :lol:

I ain't dead yet so it's still safe to go to DW!!!

agrabin
08-31-2012, 12:02 AM
[ They say there is no greater sacrifice one can make than to lay down one's life for another, but I say not. The greatest sacrifice one can make is to lay down one's life for another, with the knowledge that no one will ever know about it. :)

You need to watch the movie that my av sig combo is based on. It's pretty damn good. :)

We are, all of us, at the mercy of someone and/or something to some degree, lesser or greater. So much so that if you think about how another's actions, or a particular turn of events might impact on your life, you could go nuts. Consider all of the choices you have had in your life and where each decision you have taken has led you. How might things have been different had you chosen another path? Chaos theory wouldn't cover it.

On the other hand, you could just get in a pizza - burger -Italian - Chinese - you know, whatever, and watch a whole series of The Simpsons, or Frazier, or Lost or...well, you get the picture. Oh..and don't forget the IRN BRU.

agrabin
08-31-2012, 12:12 AM

That being said,

Ok then. Honestly, It's really hard to come up with a new one. All the ideas I get are just cliche' last wishes and of course to win the competition you'd like something unique. However, I can honestly say I'm fine with my life the way it is and plan on realizing all my dreams before I die. So I'd like to say that my dying wish if for my ex-wife to be able to move on, find a new love, and be happy. She really isn't that bad of a person and I'm sure there's someone out there who can make her happy. Hopefully she can let go of the hate and anger she feels towards me and move on. So, I guess my dying wish would be for my ex wife and for all my friends and family to live lives in which the happy outweighs the sad. :)

Dinna fash yersel'. Believe it or not, I can relate to that...there are no cliches in this game...just honest, heartfelt thoughts...or innovative thinking...or creative ideas...none of which are to be pre-judged better than any other.

agrabin
08-31-2012, 12:19 AM

What's up!!

I have been trying to come up with something clever and mind-blowing for this thread, and came up with nothing.

I think my dying wish would be to be content, at peace with my life and at peace with the fact of my death. And I would like a kitty with me. :P

..and who's to say that this won't appeal to me..it does, and after all, it's me who divis the spoils. I can see the attraction of someone having pussy (cat, you naughty people) in their coffin.

Nerak
08-31-2012, 03:39 AM
My dying wish...for all my kids to be there for each other. No "in fighting" just loving and supporting each other for the rest of their lives. I don't want them to hate, or to not speak, that would be unthinkable. I want them to always know each other and love each other.

agrabin
08-31-2012, 05:33 AM
My dying wish...for all my kids to be there for each other. No "in fighting" just loving and supporting each other for the rest of their lives. I don't want them to hate, or to not speak, that would be unthinkable. I want them to always know each other and love each other.

Hey Karen...long time!!

Expected from you nothing less would I. :huglove:

Ka-mai
08-31-2012, 06:07 AM

What's up!!

..and who's to say that this won't appeal to me..it does, and after all, it's me who divis the spoils. I can see the attraction of someone having pussy (cat, you naughty people) in their coffin.

:lol: I mean while I'm dying, not that I want buried with one!

agrabin
08-31-2012, 06:59 AM
:wtf: I mean while I'm dying, not that I want buried with one!

:doh:

Then again, if it's good enough for Pharoahs to have gold, jewellery and servants interred with them and Chinese Emperors to have whole armies of terracotta soldiers buried alongside them, it's good enough for you and me to have, as you call it, a bit of kitty in our final resting place. :biggrin:

Emily
08-31-2012, 09:45 AM
My dying wish is to find out that Harry Potter and his whole story are real.

RainInSpain
08-31-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't know, it's so hard to chose just one. We all wear so many hats in our lives, so to speak, and each of them calls for a different wish. I mean, as a parent, my most heart-felt wishes concern my kid; as a daughter, I want to do everything I can for my parents; as a wife, I want my DH to be happy and content; then there is also a bit of "me" in me. It's impossible for me to choose one over another.
That being said, one thing that keeps coming up (and it's been on my mind for quite a long time) is being a donor. I would want my organs to be donated and transplanted to those who need them. I know it is possible in some countries, but I will never chance it in my own country (for a number of reasons, first and foremost being a high risk of not being resuscitated when needed).

Brice
08-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Don't worry! We'll sneak into the russian border, steal your body, and donate* your organs. We were going to do this anyway. All the better that you want it done.

*with added ummm....administration and processing fees.

Oh, look RainInSpain coughed....someone grab the scalpel. :evil:

RainInSpain
08-31-2012, 11:56 AM
I knew I could count on you, Brice, to fulfill something other than my dreams - my nightmares! :lol: :couple:

Brice
08-31-2012, 12:01 PM
:D

What? :unsure: The russian mob and black market organ sales weren't part of your wish?

RainInSpain
08-31-2012, 12:12 PM
Yikes, no!
But I'll be stoic and will not retract my wish - I'll just hope those tough guys will overlook it :)

stkmw02
08-31-2012, 03:13 PM
This doesn't exactly fit the requirements of the competition, but I want to share it anyway. ;)

When I was younger, I was very sick... my organs were shutting down and my parents contacted the Make A Wish program to see if I qualified. While they waited for more information, my grandparents put a "wishing well" in my hospital room. They told me it was bottomless, the I could pick out a tiny wrapped present every day and make a wish. My grandfather told me it would only be empty when I was ready to go home. So, every day I opened a little toy or a book (this is how I got quite a few of my King paperbacks) and made a wish. Every day, there was another new gift in the tiny well. I learned years later that the nurse would sneak them in each night as I slept.

I guess Make a Wish asked my parents for possible "wishes" to be fulfilled... My parents asked me what I would like to do more than anything in the world, believing the answer would be my "dying wish". My answer?

Go home. I had been at the hospital for a long time, quarantined because of my suppressed immune system. I missed my little brother, my own bedroom, my favorite toys, my dog... I even missed my annoying neighbors. The doctors finally agreed to release me at my parents' request, because nothing was working and I kept getting worse. I knew it, too. I could tell something was wrong by the way the nurses stopped visiting just for fun and how sad they looked when they talked to me. I could see how worried the doctors looked whenever I had a new test done. And I knew that I felt very sick, I felt like I was dying.

I'll never forget when my grandfather came in the room and brought me the wishing well, only when I reached inside... it was empty. I'll never forget how he told me I could go home because I was all better, completely healthy. The nurses came in smiling and unhooked my IVs and all the other wires and tubes. They showed my mom and dad how to give me medicine. The doctors came in and hugged me, congratulating me. My mom cried a lot, but said she was just so happy I was okay. When I got home, my brother and I hugged for the first time in months. He said he was sorry for giving me the chicken pox (for my third time), which is what started my illness. He had missed me so much, he'd been sneaking in to sleep in my bed while I was gone. Now that I was home, he snuggled next to me every night until his pre-school started again.

I wanted to go back to school, but wasn't allowed. That's when the doctors finally told me I hadn't gotten any better, I was still sick and going to school could make me even worse. I had this long talk with the doctor about what that meant. That was the first time I remember understanding that all the adults believed I was dying... even my mom and dad. But not my grandfather. No, he insisted the doctors didn't know anything. I had to be healthy if the wishing well was empty, afterall. So my second wish - to go to school - was granted with the help of my grandfather.

Before we knew it, I was getting better. The doctors told us that, with the damage to my organs, I wouldn't live to see 13. When I turned 13, they said there was no way I would see 16. At 16, my expiration date was extended to 18... then 21... and finally I am immortal! Well, the doctors told me there is "no foreseeable death date in the future" which might as well mean eternal life. How did my body manage to keep defying the odds? Because of my grandfather's ability to convince me I was fine, and my ongoing dying wish... not to die.

OchrisO
08-31-2012, 03:16 PM
I would wish for all humans to blink out of existence so that evolution could reroll the die and try to come up with something better.

Ka-mai
08-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Don't worry! We'll sneak into the russian border, steal your body, and donate* your organs. We were going to do this anyway. All the better that you want it done.

*with added ummm....administration and processing fees.

Oh, look RainInSpain coughed....someone grab the scalpel. :evil:

This doesn't exactly fit the requirements of the competition, but I want to share it anyway. ;)

When I was younger, I was very sick... my organs were shutting down and my parents contacted the Make A Wish program to see if I qualified. While they waited for more information, my grandparents put a "wishing well" in my hospital room. They told me it was bottomless, the I could pick out a tiny wrapped present every day and make a wish. My grandfather told me it would only be empty when I was ready to go home. So, every day I opened a little toy or a book (this is how I got quite a few of my King paperbacks) and made a wish. Every day, there was another new gift in the tiny well. I learned years later that the nurse would sneak them in each night as I slept.

I guess Make a Wish asked my parents for possible "wishes" to be fulfilled... My parents asked me what I would like to do more than anything in the world, believing the answer would be my "dying wish". My answer?

Go home. I had been at the hospital for a long time, quarantined because of my suppressed immune system. I missed my little brother, my own bedroom, my favorite toys, my dog... I even missed my annoying neighbors. The doctors finally agreed to release me at my parents' request, because nothing was working and I kept getting worse. I knew it, too. I could tell something was wrong by the way the nurses stopped visiting just for fun and how sad they looked when they talked to me. I could see how worried the doctors looked whenever I had a new test done. And I knew that I felt very sick, I felt like I was dying.

I'll never forget when my grandfather came in the room and brought me the wishing well, only when I reached inside... it was empty. I'll never forget how he told me I could go home because I was all better, completely healthy. The nurses came in smiling and unhooked my IVs and all the other wires and tubes. They showed my mom and dad how to give me medicine. The doctors came in and hugged me, congratulating me. My mom cried a lot, but said she was just so happy I was okay. When I got home, my brother and I hugged for the first time in months. He said he was sorry for giving me the chicken pox (for my third time), which is what started my illness. He had missed me so much, he'd been sneaking in to sleep in my bed while I was gone. Now that I was home, he snuggled next to me every night until his pre-school started again.

I wanted to go back to school, but wasn't allowed. That's when the doctors finally told me I hadn't gotten any better, I was still sick and going to school could make me even worse. I had this long talk with the doctor about what that meant. That was the first time I remember understanding that all the adults believed I was dying... even my mom and dad. But not my grandfather. No, he insisted the doctors didn't know anything. I had to be healthy if the wishing well was empty, afterall. So my second wish - to go to school - was granted with the help of my grandfather.

Before we knew it, I was getting better. The doctors told us that, with the damage to my organs, I wouldn't live to see 13. When I turned 13, they said there was no way I would see 16. At 16, my expiration date was extended to 18... then 21... and finally I am immortal! Well, the doctors told me there is "no foreseeable death date in the future" which might as well mean eternal life. How did my body manage to keep defying the odds? Because of my grandfather's ability to convince me I was fine, and my ongoing dying wish... not to die.

This is an awesome story. I think you won at Life rather than this competition.

mattgreenbean
09-01-2012, 06:35 AM
Serious dying wish now:
Fly out to New Zealand and hike the trail that Frodo and Sam took on there quest to Mordor. Granted, I'll require more then bread and water for my journey.

That would surely be an awesome farewell to the world.

agrabin
09-03-2012, 12:03 AM
My dying wish is to find out that Harry Potter and his whole story are real.

Whaaaat!! Of course they're real...

agrabin
09-03-2012, 12:08 AM
I don't know, it's so hard to chose just one. We all wear so many hats in our lives, so to speak, and each of them calls for a different wish. I mean, as a parent, my most heart-felt wishes concern my kid; as a daughter, I want to do everything I can for my parents; as a wife, I want my DH to be happy and content; then there is also a bit of "me" in me. It's impossible for me to choose one over another.
That being said, one thing that keeps coming up (and it's been on my mind for quite a long time) is being a donor. I would want my organs to be donated and transplanted to those who need them. I know it is possible in some countries, but I will never chance it in my own country (for a number of reasons, first and foremost being a high risk of not being resuscitated when needed).

Feel free to submit as many separate wishes as you choose.

It may not be an organ but if you 'go' before me, I would honoured if you would bequeath me your compassion. :rose:

agrabin
09-03-2012, 12:14 AM

Quite a story, and hope for all of us there is...thanks for sharing.

If he's still alive, maybe I should just end the competition now and the send the book to your grandfather

agrabin
09-03-2012, 12:19 AM
I would wish for all humans to blink out of existence so that evolution could reroll the die and try to come up with something better.

Wouldn't argue too much with that...trouble is of course, as bad as you might think it is, something worse could result.

agrabin
09-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Serious dying wish now:
Fly out to New Zealand and hike the trail that Frodo and Sam took on there quest to Mordor. Granted, I'll require more then bread and water for my journey.

That would surely be an awesome farewell to the world.

Unless of course you die in your quest and your body is lost forever in the mountains, a sojourn which could lead you to Barad-dûr...awesome indeed. How appropriate for a Dark Tower junkie.

A vision without a task is but a dream.
A task without a vision is drudgery.
A vision with a task is the hope of the world.

You could base yourself with jimimck, have your own mini get together and spend the money you save in accommodation costs on a more luxurious casket. Or, just get a bog standard coffin, send me that money and I will set up the MATTGREENBEAN PERPETUAL DYING WISH COMPETITION.

Nerak
09-03-2012, 05:06 AM
I vote send the book to stkmw02's grandfather! What a wonderful spirit!!!!!

agrabin
09-03-2012, 05:35 AM
I vote send the book to stkmw02's grandfather! What a wonderful spirit!!!!!

It could happen...

stkmw02
09-03-2012, 08:46 AM

If he's still alive, maybe I should just end the competition now and the send the book to your grandfather

Unfortunately, he passed away two days after my 14th birthday. He was a great man and I know he's still "with me" making sure I never forget that no matter what anyone else says, I'm going to be fine. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to share!

Edit: My grandmother, though, is still very much alive! And... shhhh, it's a secret... but she will soon be a GREAT grandmother! (Brice especially cannot share this news on my facebook page! lol)

Brice
09-03-2012, 10:09 AM

Unfortunately, he passed away two days after my 14th birthday. He was a great man and I know he's still "with me" making sure I never forget that no matter what anyone else says, I'm going to be fine. Thanks for giving me an opportunity to share!

Edit: My grandmother, though, is still very much alive! And... shhhh, it's a secret... but she will soon be a GREAT grandmother! (Brice especially cannot share this news on my facebook page! lol)

Have I shared something there I shouldn't have before? :unsure:

stkmw02
09-03-2012, 10:36 AM
No, but you are currently the only dt.org - facebook friend I have capable of cross-posting information... so... this is info that cannot be cross-posted. ;)

Ka-mai
09-03-2012, 06:24 PM
:D Congrats!

agrabin
09-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Update...

So far 16 entrants with 21 entries.

2 invalid (unachievable)
1 disqualified (attempted bribery)

Matters not it to me, but so many DTJ's not interested in this??

Don't let this go to another too cheaply guys...get thinking caps on.

Brice
09-06-2012, 04:52 AM
In fairness to myself. ..I broke the rule before there was a rule. LOL

Krystle: I won't say a word. :)

agrabin
09-06-2012, 05:45 AM
In fairness to myself. ..I broke the rule before there was a rule. LOL

Krystle: I won't say a word. :)

That's the type of thing that endears you to us all Brice :biggrin:

Brice
09-06-2012, 05:50 AM
;)

I'll work on seeing if I can make you make more rules. LOL

mattgreenbean
09-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Elizabeth walked into the bedroom that Matt had been lying in for the past 48 hours. The sun illuminated the dust floating in the air and as she walked towards him she looked as though she was coming through a tunnel of light.
"You awake?" Her hand reached to his forehead and lightly felt for heat. She didn't want to move too fast in case the skin turned out to be cold. The fact that he had lived though the battle with the troll in the forest two days before was amazing enough. They had been able to talk a couple of times and say their own sort of goodbyes without actually saying goodbye, but still she wasn't ready.
His eyes opened and then quickly closed to the light. Elizabeth felt guilty about the sun hitting him right in the eyes, though the intention was for the warmth on the sun to keep him alive. She hopped up to close the blinds and returned to the bed.
His eyes opened back up and Elizabeth placed her hand on his bandaged neck. She began to softly cry. "Please Matt, don't do this to me. Who's gonna fix the washer when it breaks for the hundredth time? Who's gonna make sure the well is working? See I need you, I thought I could take care of myself but now that you might not be here, just, I can't."
"I'm not going anywhere." But his voice, now so raspy from the large cuts on his neck, said other wise. His voice said he was on his way out.
She turned and wiped her eyes, soothed for the moment. Matt looked over to the bookcase, "Can you grab the atlas for me?"
"Sure." On the bottom shelf was the old atlas he'd saved from his father the pilot. It was marked up with red sharpie dots indicating where he'd flown through out his career. When he retired he'd given it to Matt and told him to add some new dots. Two dots were all he had a chance to add.
When Elizabeth set the atlas on the bed Matt told her to open it. "Flip it to any page." She opened it little more than half way to a large area of South America and held it up to show him.
"We never did get to add any dots out there. When I go, take me outside."
"Go?" Her face turned to a look of panic. "You ain't about to go are you?"
"No, no. I ain't planning on it, but I can't feel parts of me. I don't think my body is trying too hard to stay." His eyes closed and he feel asleep.
In the dream he was with Elizabeth at there first apartment. It was a Saturday, the one that was the day he bought the BMW. His arm was around her shoulder and her arms around his body. They stared out at the car in the parking lot from their 3rd floor balcony. It was such a simple joy that he'd shed a tear being that happy. The window flew off of the wall and they blew into the sky.
The room he was dying in came back and Elizabeth was sobbing on his chest. "Why, why?" Her voice an unstable croak. Then she noticed he was awake again. She looked deep into his eyes, deeper then when they meet for the first time, deeper then on the day of their marriage and the following night.
He spoke his final words more clearly now, he was focused and knew from the prickly feeling in his face and skull that he truly was going. "You take me outside and burn my body to ashes. Get the best looking can or box or whatever that you can put me in. Then you put a red dot in this book for the both of us. Never come back here and if you ever feel like that fuh, that thing knows where you are, you put another dot in some other country." One last deep breath. "Give me a kiss, I love you so damn much."
She pressed her lips hard into his, tears poured down her face as she held the sobs inside. When she knew that he was gone she rolled into his arms and cried herself to sleep.
Outside in the distance, the ancient troll cried into the forest from it's own wounds.

Merlin1958
09-06-2012, 06:39 PM
OK. My official entry!!! To take King with me so I would not miss out on any future TDT stories or collectibles!!!

That's gotta rate in the top 5!!! LOL

agrabin
09-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Elizabeth walked into the bedroom that Matt had been lying in for the past 48 hours. The sun illuminated the dust floating in the air and as she walked towards him she looked as though she was coming through a tunnel of light.
"You awake?" Her hand reached to his forehead and lightly felt for heat. She didn't want to move too fast in case the skin turned out to be cold. The fact that he had lived though the battle with the troll in the forest two days before was amazing enough. They had been able to talk a couple of times and say their own sort of goodbyes without actually saying goodbye, but still she wasn't ready.
His eyes opened and then quickly closed to the light. Elizabeth felt guilty about the sun hitting him right in the eyes, though the intention was for the warmth on the sun to keep him alive. She hopped up to close the blinds and returned to the bed.
His eyes opened back up and Elizabeth placed her hand on his bandaged neck. She began to softly cry. "Please Matt, don't do this to me. Who's gonna fix the washer when it breaks for the hundredth time? Who's gonna make sure the well is working? See I need you, I thought I could take care of myself but now that you might not be here, just, I can't."
"I'm not going anywhere." But his voice, now so raspy from the large cuts on his neck, said other wise. His voice said he was on his way out.
She turned and wiped her eyes, soothed for the moment. Matt looked over to the bookcase, "Can you grab the atlas for me?"
"Sure." On the bottom shelf was the old atlas he'd saved from his father the pilot. It was marked up with red sharpie dots indicating where he'd flown through out his career. When he retired he'd given it to Matt and told him to add some new dots. Two dots were all he had a chance to add.
When Elizabeth set the atlas on the bed Matt told her to open it. "Flip it to any page." She opened it little more than half way to a large area of South America and held it up to show him.
"We never did get to add any dots out there. When I go, take me outside."
"Go?" Her face turned to a look of panic. "You ain't about to go are you?"
"No, no. I ain't planning on it, but I can't feel parts of me. I don't think my body is trying too hard to stay." His eyes closed and he feel asleep.
In the dream he was with Elizabeth at there first apartment. It was a Saturday, the one that was the day he bought the BMW. His arm was around her shoulder and her arms around his body. They stared out at the car in the parking lot from their 3rd floor balcony. It was such a simple joy that he'd shed a tear being that happy. The window flew off of the wall and they blew into the sky.
The room he was dying in came back and Elizabeth was sobbing on his chest. "Why, why?" Her voice an unstable croak. Then she noticed he was awake again. She looked deep into his eyes, deeper then when they meet for the first time, deeper then on the day of their marriage and the following night.
He spoke his final words more clearly now, he was focused and knew from the prickly feeling in his face and skull that he truly was going. "You take me outside and burn my body to ashes. Get the best looking can or box or whatever that you can put me in. Then you put a red dot in this book for the both of us. Never come back here and if you ever feel like that fuh, that thing knows where you are, you put another dot in some other country." One last deep breath. "Give me a kiss, I love you so damn much."
She pressed her lips hard into his, tears poured down her face as she held the sobs inside. When she knew that he was gone she rolled into his arms and cried herself to sleep.
Outside in the distance, the ancient troll cried into the forest from it's own wounds.

:clap:

agrabin
09-06-2012, 11:31 PM
OK. My official entry!!! To take King with me so I would not miss out on any future TDT stories or collectibles!!!

...much, much higher :thumbsup:

Merlin1958
09-07-2012, 11:25 AM

...much, much higher :thumbsup:

LOL Can't win it if you ain't in it!!! LOL

John Blaze
09-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Pretty good, Matt. Yours?

mattgreenbean
09-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking, why am I dying in the first place, and what would my wish be in that situation. Trying real hard for the prize!

John Blaze
09-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Well done. I salute you. ::raises beer stein:

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-09-2012, 10:54 PM
I guess I would wish for spiritual enlightenment. I know this sounds cliche, but if there is an omnipotent God, it would be nice to have the inside scoop. If you are going to spend eternity in "heaven", what does the few short years we have here really matter. It would suck to die and realize you had been praying to the wrong God. Finding out before you go would allow you to pass on that information to your loved ones to ensure that you get to spend an eternity with them in the afterlife. Finding out that there is no afterlife would allow you to pass THAT information on ensuring that your loved ones live THIS life to the fullest, because this is the only one they are going to get. Either way, it would be an unburdening of the soul.

John Blaze
09-09-2012, 10:56 PM
nice one Gooch.

Merlin1958
09-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Yes it was. Can'[t believe I am actually in contention for a change!!!!

May the best man win!!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

agrabin
09-10-2012, 11:42 PM
I guess I would wish for spiritual enlightenment. I know this sounds cliche, but if there is an omnipotent God, it would be nice to have the inside scoop. If you are going to spend eternity in "heaven", what does the few short years we have here really matter. It would suck to die and realize you had been praying to the wrong God. Finding out before you go would allow you to pass on that information to your loved ones to ensure that you get to spend an eternity with them in the afterlife. Finding out that there is no afterlife would allow you to pass THAT information on ensuring that your loved ones live THIS life to the fullest, because this is the only one they are going to get. Either way, it would be an unburdening of the soul.

What I would hate to happen is to get there and think, 'dear God, I wish I was alive'...

BROWNINGS CHILDE
09-11-2012, 05:07 PM
Ok, I got it. This is it!
http://localtvwjw.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/budweiser.jpg

Brice
09-11-2012, 07:51 PM
Someone really likes (liked) Budweiser.

Patrick
09-11-2012, 09:11 PM

This is an amazing story. Thank you for sharing it.

Shannon
09-12-2012, 12:51 AM
My dying wish would be to live a very long, happy, entertaining life alongside my wife, Amber.

And near the end, I want her to be the first to go.

Losing your soulmate must be the worst heartbreak in the world, I would never want to do that to her.

mattgreenbean
09-14-2012, 12:29 PM
I'm dying of boredom at work right now, I wish it was 5!!

mattgreenbean
09-24-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm gonna bump this up.

agrabin
10-07-2012, 02:31 AM
I can't believe so few people are interested in getting a free, shipping paid, signed SK 1/1.

There is a winning post...unless of course you know better

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-08-2012, 03:32 AM
Ok, my dying wish would be to get a signed SK 1/1 from agrabin. And I will continue to post until I have it locked in. Since noone else is playing, I might have a dying wish every day for awhile.

BROWNINGS CHILDE
10-08-2012, 03:40 AM
On a serious note, if I were to die today, my wish would be for my wife to find a good man that would treat her like a queen and be the best father to my children that he could possibly be, without trying to replace me in any of their hearts.

mattgreenbean
10-10-2012, 06:58 AM
My dying wish is that I get be on a plane headed for Cali from Australia. On the way, the plane crashes on to a magical island where I and others try to figure out how to get home. We then find a hatch and discover a portal. Then I go back in time and eventually discover I'm already dead.

Merlin1958
10-10-2012, 11:04 AM
I can't believe so few people are interested in getting a free, shipping paid, signed SK 1/1.

There is a winning post...unless of course know better

So who's the winner?

:excited:

agrabin
10-11-2012, 05:08 AM
Patience...unless of course there's someone out there called Patience, in which case it's not Patience...at least not yet...but if there is one - a Patience that is - she (or he if his parents had a macabre sense of humour) has ample time to submit a winning entry!!

agrabin
10-11-2012, 05:12 AM
My dying wish would be to live a very long, happy, entertaining life alongside my wife, Amber.

And near the end, I want her to be the first to go.

Losing your soulmate must be the worst heartbreak in the world, I would never want to do that to her.

Commendable indeed..you're a lucky man to have someone like Amber...envious of you I am

agrabin
10-11-2012, 05:13 AM
Ok, my dying wish would be to get a signed SK 1/1 from agrabin. And I will continue to post until I have it locked in. Since noone else is playing, I might have a dying wish every day for awhile.

Very much like this one do I

agrabin
10-11-2012, 05:15 AM
Ok, I got it. This is it!
http://localtvwjw.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/budweiser.jpg

:P

agrabin
10-11-2012, 05:22 AM
On a serious note, if I were to die today, my wish would be for my wife to find a good man that would treat her like a queen and be the best father to my children that he could possibly be, without trying to replace me in any of their hearts.

Nice...I couldn't fault you for that

Jean
10-11-2012, 07:03 AM
Patience...unless of course there's someone out there called Patience, in which case it's not Patience...at least not yet...but if there is one - a Patience that is - she (or he if his parents had a macabre sense of humour) there's ample time to submit a winning entry!!
I think I said it before, but it bears* repeating: I adore your writing style.

* bears... hmmm... bears...

agrabin
10-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Patience...unless of course there's someone out there called Patience, in which case it's not Patience...at least not yet...but if there is one - a Patience that is - she (or he if his parents had a macabre sense of humour) there's ample time to submit a winning entry!!
I think I said it before, but it bears* repeating: I adore your writing style.

* bears... hmmm... bears...

Praise indeed from a luminary such as bearself...I am flattered.

Worried is your mood my friend...is it outdated or does something or someone assail your sensibilities?

Jean
10-11-2012, 08:52 AM
something does...

agrabin
10-11-2012, 10:34 AM
something does...

If it isn't worse than being marooned halfway up the Kangchenjunga Main peak with only a pacamac for protection against the elements and a part-eaten bar of Cadbury dairy milk chocolate to ward off the effects of malnutrition, de-hydration and altitude sickness, or having a Walther PPK held to your temple with the threat of obliteration if you don't renounce your Bearhood, then it isn't insurmountable!!

All things threatening may at first seem grave but the passage of time softens their intensity...we are here for Bears should they need succour

Merlin1958
10-11-2012, 11:01 AM
something does...

If it isn't worse than being marooned halfway up the Kangchenjunga Main peak with only a pacamac for protection against the elements and a part-eaten bar of Cadbury dairy milk chocolate to ward off the effects of malnutrition, de-hydration and altitude sickness, or having a Walther PPK held to your temple with the threat of obliteration if you don't renounce your Bearhood, then it isn't insurmountable!!

All things threatening may at first seem grave but the passage of time softens their intensity...we are here for Bears should they need succour

What he said!!! LOL

:smile_002:

Edit: Remember Jean, Survival of the species is everybody's business!!! LOL

Jean
10-11-2012, 11:02 AM
bears already feel much better, thank you both, my friends!! http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear4bis.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear4bis.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear4bis.gif

agrabin
10-11-2012, 11:08 AM
:smile:

Merlin1958
10-11-2012, 11:14 AM

AND, that Jean have lunch with Mr. Polanski.

So Jean, you'll just have to out live me!!! LOL

Sir_Boomme
10-12-2012, 06:31 AM
If I had one wish before I died...

.... a better doctor

mattgreenbean
10-12-2012, 06:52 AM
If I had one wish before I died...

.... a better doctor

Ha, smart wish!

Jean
10-12-2012, 11:16 AM

AND, that Jean have lunch with Mr. Polanski.

So Jean, you'll just have to out live me!!! LOL

Then my wish NOW is that you can make your dying wish decades before you actually have to kick the bucket!

Iwritecode
10-12-2012, 11:40 AM
My wish is that I'll be able to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa did.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Merlin1958
10-12-2012, 07:27 PM
My wish is that I'll be able to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandpa did.

Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

LOL Good one!!! LOL

For some strange reason, this brings to mind a "Lawyer Joke".

What's the difference between a Lawyer and a Catfish?

One is a bottom dwelling, scum sucking animal and the other is a fish!!!

mattgreenbean
10-16-2012, 10:44 AM
My new dying wish:
I'd like to pull a Roland and enter the mind of King. What would I do once I was in his head though? I'd go into his word processor and change the name of the main character that he is writing about at that moment, to my name. Yeah, he'd know that someone else was in his head, but he'd be so freaked out that it was actually happening that he would let it be.
What else?
I'd grab a bunch of awesome things from his office and mail them to my family. Hey, if I'm dying, I might as well do something sneaky.

Sir_Boomme
10-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I want to jump off a balloon at 129,000 feet (24+ miles up) and set a new world record... for the highest jump without a parachute.

and on the way down, strip buck ass naked, and aim my dying body straight at my sorry ass boss's brand new Beemer....preferably while he is in it.

I'd make bird poop obsolete.

Balloon boy, move over!

agrabin
12-26-2012, 01:35 PM
If no one else posts what could be a winning post, the winning post is already past the winning post...if you get my drift!

Merlin1958
12-26-2012, 01:38 PM
If no one else posts what could be a winning post, the winning post is already past the winning post...if you get my drift!

Anti-Climatic at this point!!! LOL

agrabin
01-22-2013, 12:30 PM
nudge...

Merlin1958
01-22-2013, 12:44 PM
nudge...

Is this ever going to end? How many folks could have died by now? LOL

Roseannebarr
01-22-2013, 02:00 PM
My Dying Wish -

I want each of my nieces and nephews to realize that their uncle lived a full and fun life without the "need" for drugs and alcohol. I tried to have a lot of fun without both to set a good example for all these kids under 21. I want them to see my example and be there for their own children, nieces, nephews, etc... at all the family gatherings, i was the first to join in kickball, tennis, sledding (even though i am now 50!).

I want my wife to realize that i loved her unconditionally. I wanted her to focus on living life and not worry about a clean house, a dinner on the table, etc... Even though we couldn't afford it, i hired a cleaning lady and tried to go out for dinner as much as needed.

I want my parents and siblings to know I was there for them during the triumphs and hard times. I only missed 1 graduation out of 9 for the High School Graduations. I was the one cheering the loudest when each of their names were called. I was there for over a month with my mother as my father laid in pain and dying. I dont regret that for 1 minute.

I provided all the kids with a safe place to go on weekends when other kids were out drinking and driving... I had a basement full of kids eating pizza, drinking soda and playing skee ball, fuzball or slot machines and watching movies. I cant think of one time where we told kids we were busy and they had to go somewhere else....

I can't go to BestBuy or a fast food restaurant without some kid calling me Uncle Glen!!!

My dying wish is for my nieces and nephews to carry my love for life and family forward....

agrabin
01-23-2013, 06:09 AM
My Dying Wish -

I want each of my nieces and nephews to realize that their uncle lived a full and fun life without the "need" for drugs and alcohol. I tried to have a lot of fun without both to set a good example for all these kids under 21. I want them to see my example and be there for their own children, nieces, nephews, etc... at all the family gatherings, i was the first to join in kickball, tennis, sledding (even though i am now 50!).

I want my wife to realize that i loved her unconditionally. I wanted her to focus on living life and not worry about a clean house, a dinner on the table, etc... Even though we couldn't afford it, i hired a cleaning lady and tried to go out for dinner as much as needed.

I want my parents and siblings to know I was there for them during the triumphs and hard times. I only missed 1 graduation out of 9 for the High School Graduations. I was the one cheering the loudest when each of their names were called. I was there for over a month with my mother as my father laid in pain and dying. I dont regret that for 1 minute.

I provided all the kids with a safe place to go on weekends when other kids were out drinking and driving... I had a basement full of kids eating pizza, drinking soda and playing skee ball, fuzball or slot machines and watching movies. I cant think of one time where we told kids we were busy and they had to go somewhere else....

I can't go to BestBuy or a fast food restaurant without some kid calling me Uncle Glen!!!

My dying wish is for my nieces and nephews to carry my love for life and family forward....

Commendable indeed and much for others to live up to, however, is it all catching up on you Glen? I notice that your 'My Mood' shows stressed. :unsure:

agrabin
01-23-2013, 06:33 AM
nudge...

You've posted well my Merlin friend
and what has won we will commend.
Select the book I must attend,
prepare the prize for me to send.

Nae fash yersel' the end is nigh
and wish 'til then I dinnae die.
My thrust will e're be to comply
and signed, SK book I'll supply.

Roseannebarr
01-23-2013, 07:01 AM
My Dying Wish -

Commendable indeed and much for others to live up to, however, is it all catching up on you Glen? I notice that your 'My Mood' shows stressed. :unsure:

Stressed at work. :( not at home.

agrabin
01-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Sympathy is by your side...

Merlin1958
01-23-2013, 09:39 AM
nudge...

You've posted well my Merlin friend
and what has won we will commend.
Select the book I must attend,
prepare the prize for me to send.

Nae fash yersel' the end is nigh
and wish 'til then I dinnae die.
My thrust will e're be to comply
and signed, SK book I'll supply.

LOL Well done!!!!

Jean
01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
amazing. Bears love.

agrabin
01-23-2013, 03:13 PM
there's gold in them thar hills...and poetry in all of us...

...it just takes a bit of digging to get both out!

bears love?? ... love bears!!

agrabin
01-23-2013, 03:33 PM
Perhaps I should give the prize to the Haven Fund auction

Merlin1958
01-23-2013, 03:43 PM

Great idea in my opinion!!! Then again, I am the HF Whore!!!

Of course, the HF can surely use the contribution!!!!!! We're hard pressed to meet last years totals!!!

mattgreenbean
01-23-2013, 05:43 PM

NO! Donate something else, I've been hoping to win since last year!

agrabin
07-22-2013, 12:38 PM
In the grounds of the old school, at the railings near the top entrance on the ‘road’ side, if you stood at the right spot you could peer through the black, rusting fingers of wrought iron and gaze at the terrace where Manny lived…we all knew him of course, knew who he was and what he did. Those who were lucky might catch a glimpse of him…he didn’t know us…probably didn’t even realise we were there. Does he ever lie awake in the twilight and think about those metal sentinels with their flaking shards and what lay behind?… he must have seen them as he stepped over his threshold…must have wondered…

...the winner is Sir Boome

Merlin1958
07-22-2013, 01:06 PM
In the grounds of the old school, at the railings near the top entrance on the ‘road’ side, if you stood at the right spot you could peer through the black, rusting fingers of wrought iron and gaze at the terrace where Manny lived…we all knew him of course, knew who he was and what he did. Those who were lucky might catch a glimpse of him…he didn’t know us…probably didn’t even realise we were there. Does he ever lie awake in the twilight and think about those metal sentinels with their flaking shards and what lay behind?… he must have seen them as he stepped over his threshold…must have wondered…

...the winner is Sir Boome

What???? I thought "Crazy Dog" ate his entry!!!!!

:tongue1:

mattgreenbean
07-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Congrats man, I'm jealous.

Merlin1958
07-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Oh well, Congrats "Sir Boome" and thank you very, very much for all your help in the past endeavors. You Rock!!!!

OK, so does the "Dog", but "Bomber" is cuter!!! LOL