PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles

woodpryan
06-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Sometimes I find wikipedia to be lacking, unfortunately. The subtitle to Wizard and Glass is "Regard". I've heard that all the books have a subtitle, although I can find no indication of this in the books themselves, not even the first editions. What are the subtitles of the rest of the books? Does anyone know?

Empath of the White
06-06-2012, 09:28 PM
The Gunslinger: Resumption
The Drawing of the Three: Renewal
The Wastelands: Sorry, can't recall. I want to say Redemption, but I am not totally sure.
Wolves of the Calla: Resistance
Song of Susannah: Reproduction
The Dark Tower: Reproduction, Revelation, Resumption, and a fourth I can't recall.

Bev Vincent
06-07-2012, 02:06 AM
These subtitles were added to the first four books when they were republished in 2003 at the same time as the revised and edited version of The Gunslinger, which is why you don't find them on the first editions. They are present in all editions of the last three books.

DoctorDodge
06-07-2012, 02:11 AM
The Gunslinger: Resumption
The Drawing of the Three: Renewal
The Wastelands: Sorry, can't recall. I want to say Redemption, but I am not totally sure.
Wolves of the Calla: Resistance
Song of Susannah: Reproduction
The Dark Tower: Reproduction, Revelation, Resumption, and a fourth I can't recall.

I'm pretty sure for both Wastelands and DT, you're right, the word you're looking for is Redemption.

woodpryan
06-11-2012, 07:03 PM
I'll be damned. Yeah, they are in the first editions of the last three books. I don't have the revised versions of the first four, so I can't look at it. Thanks, guys!

Brainslinger
06-13-2012, 12:27 PM
I'll be damned. Yeah, they are in the first editions of the last three books. I don't have the revised versions of the first four, so I can't look at it. Thanks, guys!

Republished, not revised. Only The Gunslinger has been revised so far.

Not meaning to be pedantic, it just occurred to me that you might try to hunt down revised versions of the other books and I didn't want to have a wasted search. :)

mae
10-02-2012, 11:31 AM
These are actually not subtitles, as they're not part of the book's title. These are textual features, same as epigraphs, etc.