PDA

View Full Version : An actual "Wonderful Life" moment

Matt
05-29-2012, 06:04 PM
In the same way that I had wished all the people involved with getting me that book had been there the moment I opened it I wished those of you involved with this gift were here with me today.

I hold myself personally responsible for the situation my family is in and I thank the universe that our kids are grown and able to live on their own (mostly). Me and Dora had achieved the height of our potential in the other life we are living and the transition is very hard. It is amazing to finally understand how much we lived now and paid later.

Living that close to the edge means a couple of hundred dollars is the difference between eating and not eating. I don't want any of you to think we are unhappy because we are working and living in a kind of paradise. It just doesn't pay much. This gift represents almost double what we would make together in a month now.

My first thought about the book was to simply pawn it so that I could have it back but the real world isn't like Pawn Stars and I could not find a shop that would even entertain the idea. I posted it for sale at such a high price because I think its worth that much. I was actually relieved when it didn't sell but that didn't solve the money problem. Tippy saved us in between now and then. Without him we would have been in real trouble.

I have already let him know I'm buying the book back as soon as we can arrange it.

So I do wish you had all been here today when I received your letter. I have deep thoughts about the best way to handle it. For now I will tell you we are well and I'd like to return to the land of the living. Thank you to whomever was involved in helping us. I am amazed by the goodness of the human heart.

Special thanks to Jerome and everything he did to make this happen. I appreciate it my friend.

Shannon
05-29-2012, 06:10 PM
:)

jhanic
05-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Matt, you and Dora are in my prayers every night. I just hope things start going better for you! :grouphug:

John

tippy4
05-29-2012, 06:35 PM
It's funny that you titled your post "An actual "Wonderful Life" moment" because I can't tell you how many times I wanted to post a picture of George Bailey.

Based on what I've seen here Matt....you are a very rich man.

Brice
05-29-2012, 06:55 PM
:grouphug:

Patrick
05-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Glad to hear from you, Matt. Happy that you and Dora are in good spirits. We've got you in our pockets. :couple:

Merlin1958
05-29-2012, 09:20 PM
Best of luck to you Matt & Dora!!!!!

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-29-2012, 11:30 PM
:grouphug:

Brice
05-30-2012, 04:26 AM
Wait! I thought we banned this fucker! <_< :angry:

We love you and Dora, Matt! :D

Matt
05-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Probably would have been smart at this point :cool:

Randall Flagg
05-30-2012, 12:37 PM
I am really proud of our members. In less than 7 days the funds were raised.
Matt, don't be a stranger. Drop by and let us know how you and Dora are doing.

Matt
05-30-2012, 12:39 PM
I plan to be around a lot more now. Leaving everything behind has a weird side effect that induces feelings of abject failure. I don't handle that well. Thanks again Jerome. I actually have an idea of how to do some good with everyone's generosity.

Brice
05-30-2012, 03:33 PM
I plan to be around a lot more now.

There goes EVERYBODY"S post counts. :P

Merlin1958
05-30-2012, 05:24 PM

Damn!!! Just when I was making "headway" on him!!!! LOL

:doh:

Brice
05-30-2012, 05:29 PM

Hell, it took me nearly a year after he left to pass his post count. The chatty bitch will decimate mine before the night is out. LOL

Merlin1958
05-30-2012, 05:32 PM

Hell, it took me nearly a year after he left to pass his post count. The chatty bitch will decimate mine before the night is out. LOL

LOL LOL LOL

Wait, he can't "Ban" anymore, can he? LOL

No, now he can only have all the people who he gave their original positions with the site ban us. :rofl:

Patrick
05-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Matt, I do hope you stick around. I've missed you, buddy!

Give those guys' post counts a good spankin'! :lol:

- Patrick

Matt
05-31-2012, 03:46 AM
Thanks everyone. You will be seeing me everyday now. It is so nice to be among old friends.

And you better watch out Bill...I may still have a little pull around here. lol

Brice
05-31-2012, 04:34 AM
a little LOL

fernandito
05-31-2012, 07:48 AM
Matt and Dora, I regrettably was not able to contribute financially but I am very, very glad that everything worked out for both of you. What an excellent gesture of good will by our amazing members here.

Merlin1958
05-31-2012, 07:55 AM
a little LOL

Uh Oh!!!!!!

:eek:

Heather19
05-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Matt, welcome back!
Hope everything works out for you and your family :couple:

Brice
05-31-2012, 01:59 PM
a little LOL

Uh Oh!!!!!!

Yeah, a little as in he might have more than some of us staff...so be good everyone when he's around :ninja:.

Merlin1958
05-31-2012, 11:16 PM
a little LOL

Uh Oh!!!!!!

Yeah, a little as in he might have more than some of us staff...so be good everyone when he's around :ninja:.

Can we put a "Bell" on him?????? I mean now I gotta clean up my act cause "Matt" is around??? LOL Damn, he's like the Fuc---, um freaking CIA around here!!!! LOL

Just joking, all in good fun and harassment!!! LOL

Jean
06-01-2012, 03:42 AM
Matt and Dora, I regrettably was not able to contribute financially but I am very, very glad that everything worked out for both of you. What an excellent gesture of good will by our amazing members here.what feverish said... http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearheart.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearheart.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearheart.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearheart.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearheart.gifhttp://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bearheart.gif

Brice
06-01-2012, 04:42 AM
a little LOL

Uh Oh!!!!!!

Can we put a "Bell" on him?????? I mean now I gotta clean up my act cause "Matt" is around??? LOL Damn, he's like the Fuc---, um freaking CIA around here!!!! LOL

Just joking, all in good fun and harassment!!! LOL

:lol:

Matt
06-01-2012, 01:41 PM
I keep a length so fishing line in my pockets at all times.

Merlin1958
06-04-2012, 12:10 AM
I keep a length so fishing line in my pockets at all times.

????????????

EXPLORER
06-04-2012, 07:06 AM

YES, It is good to see you are back around... Matt,
You created a wonderful environment that you should feel proud of and should feel great to see how it has blossomed in others capable and creative hands.

Ari_Racing
06-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Hey, Matt! Nice to see you around again! Hope things turn a lot better soon! :)

Matt
06-04-2012, 12:59 PM
The fishing line is for quiet strangulation Bill. Thank you Explorer. I am so very proud of the community here and owe a giant debt of gratitude to Jerome for keeping it going after my mid-life crisis. :wtf:

Merlin1958
06-04-2012, 04:40 PM
The fishing line is for quiet strangulation Bill. Thank you Explorer. I am so very proud of the community here and owe a giant debt of gratitude to Jerome for keeping it going after my mid-life crisis. :wtf:

LOL Gotcha!!!! In NYC we use piano wire!!!! Guess out west we go with fishing line!!! LOL

Brice
06-04-2012, 07:50 PM
And then some of us for whatever reason just have real garottes lying around. ;) I can respect improvisation though.

Merlin1958
06-04-2012, 09:33 PM
And then some of us for whatever reason just have real garottes lying around. ;) I can respect improvisation though.

Well, you're Sicilian right? It's a requirement!!! LOL

Brice
06-05-2012, 03:11 AM
Exactly! LOL

Merlin1958
06-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Hey Matt, I don't want this to come out the wrong way and I'm kinda "famous" for that, but to me at least, one of the reason's to help out was to get you back here again!!! Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are "obligated" in any way, cause you're not, but at least for me I was hoping to get an "Old Friend" back on the boards, if ya know what I mean!!! I miss ya, buddy!!! If ya can, keep on posting on!!!!

You "John Denver" wanna be!!!!!! "Rocky Mountain High", my ass!!!!

:YYY:

Matt
06-14-2012, 11:22 AM
lol...I stop by every day to see what is going on now Bill. I really appreciate that people missed me that much.

herbertwest
06-14-2012, 11:41 AM
Hope that everything will get better! Take care

Merlin1958
06-14-2012, 03:52 PM
lol...I stop by every day to see what is going on now Bill. I really appreciate that people missed me that much.

Good Man!!!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup: