PDA

View Full Version : College Football... Fun with Chaos

RUBE
12-02-2007, 09:13 AM
I know there are a number of NFL fans on these forums but I want to hear from any College Football fans. I have always been a bigger college football fan than an NFL fan. There are so many great traditions and rivalries. There is so much more variety in everything from the styles of offense to the uniforms and mascots. There are so many more teams and, thus, so many more games to watch (much to the dread of my wife).

Maybe the biggest thing I like about it is that you never know what is going to happen. This season alone 13 different top five teams lost to unranked teams. I know NFL junkies always gripe about college football's lack of a playoff but, while it sometimes causes angst, it adds to the fun of each week. Teams have to play for their lives because they are not going to get the chance to get hot and go on a tear through the playoffs. You can not take a week off because it will come back to bite you. Hell, even the chaos that the top two teams losing this weekend caused is fun to me.

Anyway, I will stop preaching and ask for your opinions. Also, if you do like college football and have a favorite team, let us know who it is and the reason why they are your team. I will start. I am a huge Texas A&M fan and love them even though the last six years have been so-so. I went to college there and love all of the traditions. (Other Texas schools like to joke that if you do something more than once in Aggieland it becomes a tradition but there really are some unique and special traditions there.) If you want I can try to explain some of them but I really want to here about your favorite college team.

Telynn
12-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Okla State fan here. And life here in Oklahoma is going totally down the drain after yesterdays game..... shit.

Lance
12-02-2007, 10:48 AM
I think about Tel everytime they show a clip of OSU's head coach going off on that reporter. :P

I'm hoping that since no 1 and 2 lost yesterday my Dawgs have a chance to play for the national title.

Telynn
12-02-2007, 10:51 AM
I think about Tel everytime they show a clip of OSU's head coach going off on that reporter. :P

He's my hero for that. :clap: She deserved it.