PDA

View Full Version : Roll Tide/LOL every other NCAA team

Pages : 1 [2]

RUBE
10-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Saturday was crazy. It doesn't look like anyone wants to be in the playoff.

Merlin1958
10-05-2014, 08:41 PM
Saturday was crazy. It doesn't look like anyone wants to be in the playoff.

Fucking Irish do!!!!!

Garrell
10-06-2014, 05:18 AM
We will still make the playoff

Ben Staad
10-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Well based on the season so far I think my Wolverines will be playing D2 next year.

Merlin1958
10-06-2014, 03:25 PM
We will still make the playoff

I don't know, my friend. You still have some tough games ahead. MSU, Auburn and A&M not to mention anyone from the state of Mississippi, LOL.

If ND beats FSU and USC its all a bonus for us. However, you, on the other hand have a reputation to live up to. So, remember back when you guys were good? LOL

You know, I'm just having some fun with you, Garrell, yes?

Garrell
10-06-2014, 07:45 PM
All is good:smile:

Merlin1958
10-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Where is the "Tide" in the rankings?

Oh, there they are, right BEHIND the Irish!!!! Muwhahahahahaha!!!

Merlin1958
10-11-2014, 06:46 PM
6-0!!!!!

Garrell
10-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Great defense Irish, about as good as our offense:pullhair:

Merlin1958
10-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Great defense Irish, about as good as our offense:pullhair:

Yeah, 14-13??? Where is, Bama in the rankings? I know we are No. 5 !!!!!!! LOL Muwhahahahaha Meanwhile we put up 50 pts, my Brutha!!! LOL

The Tide may be looking for a foursome come playoff time!! LOL

I gotta gloat now, BIG vs FSU next week!!! I know you will think me crazy, but I do think we have a shot!!! Especially, if someone can put "super-glue" on Golson's hands!!! LOL

Merlin1958
10-15-2014, 07:10 PM
BIG game Saturday, Garrell!!! Care to make a HF bet?

Garrell
10-16-2014, 05:42 AM
10 DOLLARS EVEN UP

Merlin1958
10-16-2014, 09:00 AM
10 DOLLARS EVEN UP

You're on!!

Garrell
10-16-2014, 11:16 AM
I hate FSU, so only betting in spirit and pulling for the loser Irish peeps on this one.

Merlin1958
10-16-2014, 11:37 AM
I hate FSU, so only betting in spirit and pulling for the loser Irish peeps on this one.

How magnaminous of you!!! LOL

Merlin1958
10-18-2014, 03:26 PM
"Touchdown Jesus" hear my prayers!!! Lord, this is a BIG GAME!!!

Merlin1958
10-18-2014, 05:22 PM
Irish are in there and even have the lead!!!

Merlin1958
10-18-2014, 06:35 PM
Okay, we can beat these guys!!! Go Irish!!!

Merlin1958
10-18-2014, 07:11 PM
27-24 in the fourth for the Irish!!!

Oh my Lord, where are my wifes' rosary beads??? LOL

ELazansky
10-18-2014, 07:52 PM
F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E!

Garrell
10-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Bama is right back in the picture like I said they would be��

Merlin1958
10-19-2014, 06:33 PM
F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E!

Yeah, on a really bad call by the official. We had the winning TD and the Zebra's fucked it up!!! :mad:

Merlin1958
10-19-2014, 06:37 PM
Bama is right back in the picture like I said they would be��

Hey, the Tide are good, no doubt. I'm just an Irish fan. What can I say? We played a helluva game vs. FSU, they deserve to be in the hunt.

RUBE
10-19-2014, 07:17 PM
All I can say is that I am embarrassed for my team and I hope they feel truly embarrassed themselves. If not, maybe Sumlin can find some players on the bench that really want it even if they aren't as talented. This season is shot to hell after such a promising start anyway.

ELazansky
10-20-2014, 03:21 AM
F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E!

Yeah, on a really bad call by the official. We had the winning TD and the Zebra's fucked it up!!! :mad:

It is always easy to blame the refs. They had plenty of other opportunities to put the game away, and they didn't. Statistically, ND was the much better team. On the field, I thought they looked much better than FSU as well. They certainly deserve to be in the top 4. But at the end of the day, they just didn't do enough.

Merlin1958
10-20-2014, 04:36 PM
F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E!

It is always easy to blame the refs. They had plenty of other opportunities to put the game away, and they didn't. Statistically, ND was the much better team. On the field, I thought they looked much better than FSU as well. They certainly deserve to be in the top 4. But at the end of the day, they just didn't do enough.

I suppose you are right, they never should have allowed it to go that far in the first place. It just hurts, this is probably the best the Irish have been in a long time, including the National Championship game a few years ago. I had such high hopes. Oh well, they did only fall to No. 7

ELazansky
10-20-2014, 06:36 PM
F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E!

I suppose you are right, they never should have allowed it to go that far in the first place. It just hurts, this is probably the best the Irish have been in a long time, including the National Championship game a few years ago. I had such high hopes. Oh well, they did only fall to No. 7

I truly think that they are probably going to still finish in the Top 4. And although FSU's schedule for the rest of the season looks promising, they're probably going to lose an"easy" one down the road. They just don't look as good as they did last year. I don't know if they could beat Ole Miss, Alabama, or a rematch with ND. Only time will tell.

Merlin1958
10-20-2014, 07:30 PM
We shall see, but from here on in I am done with sports on TDT.Org.

Personal decision is all, have at it folks!!

Garrell
10-21-2014, 08:54 AM
You can't lay down and die Merlin

Garrell
11-09-2014, 08:05 PM
LSU game gave me a heart attack.

Ben Staad
11-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Go Blue! A 10-9 stomping on those Wildcats...Blah.

Garrell
11-25-2014, 07:30 AM
Iron bowl week. I hope we destroy Auburn. Revenge for last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ELazansky
01-02-2015, 05:08 AM
So, let's talk last night...

My alma mater lost to Oregon...wait, lost isn't the right word...they got decimated. Really, 5 turnovers in the 2nd half? It was just horrible to watch. I've lived through my share of missed FG's and losses in the past, but this was by far the worst loss I can remember.

Bama lost a very close game to a very good and underrated Ohio State.

What surprises me most is the way fans have been treating the games. First of all, everyone says FSU sucks. Going 29-1 and winning a national title in 2 seasons doesn't exactly suck. The games were not blowouts like last year, and they had to come from behind almost every week, but the final score is the ONLY thing that matters. You can rack up more yards, time of possession, etc., and it all doesn't mean much if you don't win. So my hat is off to my school for an incredible run, and I hope we can pick up the pieces (and not turn them over) next season.

As for Bama...as much as everyone wanted FSU to lose, I think more people wanted Bama to lose simply because they are an SEC team. Some folks even wrote that this is the first year a true champion will be crowned, and all the other years without a playoff don't count? Really? I mean, they are one of the most decorated and talented programs in the history of college football. They deserved all the titles they've won in the past. Last night, they came up short. Doesn't take anything away from them.

If there was no playoff this year, the BCS Title game would have probably been FSU vs Bama. Instead, as it should be, the best two teams earned their shot by winning it on the field. They both certainly deserve to be in the title game and I am looking forward to a great final.

RUBE
01-03-2015, 03:32 PM
A lot of "fans" are just assholes who are looking for a chance to bad mouth every team (and/or conference) that is not their own. Anyone that thinks every year but this one shouldn't count better throw out this one too. TCU looks damn good and has a legit argument that they should have been in. If OSU/Big Ten fans are part of that group, they are forgetting all the times OSU had a shot to win a title and blew it against an SEC team.

Sorry for the rant but I am so over people talking shit like they only get joy out of others' losses. Anyway, at least A&M won their bowl so I don't have to hear it from my "friends" that are Texas fans.

Joe315
01-03-2015, 10:38 PM
I don't think the NCAA can make everyone happy but I feel this is the best the system has been. A #4 is playing for the championship. That's something.

RUBE
09-02-2015, 07:17 PM
The season is almost here and no posts by Garrell? Its crazy to me that no one has posted in here since before the championship game last year. There is a number of good games this weekend, including Bama versus Wisconsin and Ohio State versus Virginia Tech. Of course, I will be watching A&M versus Arizona State. There will be a lot of scoring in Houston.

Merlin1958
09-03-2015, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7csGhMQoQms

Roll Irish!!!!

Ben Staad
09-03-2015, 07:45 PM
I think UM will have a long season. Based on their QB play tonight I don't have much hope. Either way I am glad the season has started.

Merlin1958
09-03-2015, 08:05 PM
I think UM will have a long season. Based on their QB play tonight I don't have much hope. Either way I am glad the season has started.

Me too. Looking forward to a great college season again this year. Now where the heck is, Garrell? LOL

Merlin1958
09-05-2015, 01:39 PM
Getting ready to head out in order to watch the ND game with my son and some friends. On my birthday, to boot (Bonus)!!!! And so the 2015 College season begins...

Roll Irish!!!

Merlin1958
09-05-2015, 07:31 PM
Goodbye, Texas!!!!!!

1-0!!!! Roll Irish!!

'Bama is a bunch of pussies!!! LOL LOL LOL Garrell, where the heck are you???? LOL

RUBE
09-06-2015, 04:21 AM
Merlin, I can teach you a song that features the words "Goodbye to Texas University..."

Anyway, A&M actually played some defense with nine sacks last night. I don't know how they will do against a power running team like Bama but that still is a hell of an improvement.

With wins against quality Pac-12, Big Ten, and ACC opponents last night, the SEC had a pretty good day. Besides the LA teams and Oregon, the Pac-12 had a really bad day including a loss to a FCS team.

Merlin1958
09-19-2015, 12:34 PM
ND, minus 5 starters is up, 7-0 vs GT!!!! The "D" is looking good so far!!

RUBE
09-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Notre Dame does look pretty good despite losing their QB. I thought they would have more problems with Georgia Tech.

Bama has a big game versus Ol Miss but still no Garrell.

Merlin1958
09-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Notre Dame does look pretty good despite losing their QB. I thought they would have more problems with Georgia Tech.

Bama has a big game versus Ol Miss but still no Garrell.

I kinda miss him!!!

ND is 3-0!!!!

Lookwhoitis
09-20-2015, 08:14 PM
Will we see him back after that Ole Miss defeat???

LOL :D

Ben Staad
09-21-2015, 04:23 AM
After the last few years I would say Lane Kiffin is probably ready for a head coaching gig again...:emot-cthulhu:

Ben Staad
10-17-2015, 05:11 PM
That moment when you are a proud and excited UM fan...and then Rugby style punter happened.

Merlin1958
10-17-2015, 07:17 PM
That moment when you are a proud and excited UM fan...and then Rugby style punter happened.

My sincere condolences, Tim

ND is 6-1!!!!!!

Ben Staad
10-18-2015, 07:57 AM
Congrats on the Irish...at least until they have UM back on the schedule. I am thrilled that Harbaugh has fielded a competitive team. I thought Hoke was a good recruiter but not a very good head coach. We will see if Harbaugh can recruit and coach.

My sincere condolences, Tim

ND is 6-1!!!!!!

Merlin1958
10-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Back to the business at hand. Notre Dame takes on a ranked, Temple on Saturday!!! Should be a good contest, but I foresee the #9 Irish going to 7-1 and continuing to creep up the polls. It's really an amazing accomplishment so far with all the injuries they have had to endure. Is this the first week we get rankings from the Playoff committee?

Also, my sympathies to all the, Baylor fans out there. Losing, Russell is a really tough break. He and the team were having a wonderful season. Interesting to see how they fare from hereon in. I'm also rooting for my alma mater, TCU. What a freaking offense they have!!! TCU and Baylor are actually very similar in approach. Fuck the defense, we'll score the shit out of you!!! LOL LOL LOL

Garrell
10-29-2015, 06:20 PM
Was at the Ole Miss game. Even losing it was a great game. We are still gonna win it all with a so so QB

Merlin1958
10-29-2015, 06:31 PM
Was at the Ole Miss game. Even losing it was a great game. We are still gonna win it all with a so so QB

Bold words!!!

Lookwhoitis
10-29-2015, 07:32 PM
I was at the Ole Miss game too, It was a great game because we whupped the tar out of them, just like the Gators will own Bama this year, that is IF they can get by LSU and even make it to the SEC Championship from the East.

(I have a feeling it is gonna be a rematch)

of course we have to beat the Dawgs on Saturday, but I have a pretty good feelin that UGGAs going down!

GO GATORS!

Merlin1958
10-29-2015, 07:47 PM
My alma mater, TCU is doing well this year (better than 'Bama LOL). They just got done opening a can of "Whoop Ass" on W. Virginia!!!!

divemaster
11-02-2015, 04:40 PM
Opening line has Alabama favored by 7.

Alabama may win, but I don't see it by 7 or more.

Kicking game: LSU has one of the best FG kickers in the country. Alabama's kicker is a liability. Advantage LSU
Kick coverage: LSU has some of the worst I've seen. As long as Alabama's coverage team doesn't get lost on the way to the stadium, they win this match-up. Advantage Alabama

Running game: sure, Fournette; but LSU's 2, 3, and 4 guys could start for anyone. Alabama's run game is also impressive but have to go with LSU here. Advantage LSU

Run defense: both very stout; call it a wash. (I will note that LSU is very vulnerable to a running QB, which should not be a problem here.)
Pass defense: LSU's is pretty bad. Advantage Alabama (but do they have the QB to take advantage?)

QB: Coker has more yards, but B. Harris has a higher rating; higher yds/att; and a much better TD/pick ratio. Plus, Harris is more of a running threat. Advantage LSU.

Saban vs. Miles? Edge to Saban, mainly b/c Miles has issues with play calling while ahead. Game after game Miles has LSU play "not to lose" while nursing a lead. This is what cost them the game against Alabama last year (and several other games as well). Advantage Alabama.

Home field. Advantage Alabama.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

Merlin1958
11-02-2015, 04:49 PM
The Fighting irish have moved up to No. 8!!!!

IMHO ND and TCU should each be moved up one additional spot. Will be interesting to see how, Baylor fares w/o their QB. Man, that was a damn, shame. Sincerely. They were having a great season. Hope they can rebound from the loss of a Hiesman hopeful!!!

ladysai
11-02-2015, 06:32 PM

I dont see Alabama winning by more than 7, if they win; anything can happen.
It should be an awesome game, regardless.

Merlin1958
11-02-2015, 06:35 PM

I dont see Alabama winning by more than 7, if they win; anything can happen.
It should be an awesome game, regardless.

The "Tide" has gone out!!! LOL LOL

Merlin1958
11-07-2015, 03:37 PM
Update!!!!

No. 5 Notre Dame was victorious today over, Pitt!!! "Roll, Irish"!!!!

No.4 ranking for, Alabama is a nostalgic gift on the part of the committee!!!!

ladysai
11-08-2015, 05:42 AM
It was a bad night for the Tigers. I had my hopes too high when I thought Bama wouldnt win by more than 7...
Alabama absolutely dominated that game. It was like the Tigers hit a brick wall.
Garrell must be proud.

Garrell
11-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Keep trashing Bama, they have had a chip on their since the Ole Miss lose. They get better every week. I told my fiance when we left the stadium after losing that years later we could say we saw the only lose that year. I still feel that way. Hoping to play Ohio State first then Clemson or Baylor in the playoffs. The dynasty isn't over til Saban retires.

Merlin1958
11-14-2015, 03:02 PM
#4!!!!!!!

The Irish just keep rolling!!!! 21-7 right now over, Wake Forest!!! Baylor went bye bye and we almost beat, Clemson earlier this year. OSU didn't look like much today in beating, Illinois. I like our chances!!! All of this despite the plethora of injuries to starters. Sheldon Day, rules!!!

We're coming for you, Garrell!!!!

Say what you may, but they still sport the BEST fight song in College Football!!!! LOL

Merlin1958
11-14-2015, 08:08 PM
WOW!!! Huge upset victory for, Oregon!!!

Also, a shame how, TCU & Baylor have slipped lately. God, I love College football!!!

Well, to be honest I LOVE my "Fighting Irish"!!!!!

Garrell
11-15-2015, 06:51 PM
Roll Tide. :cool_002:

Merlin1958
11-15-2015, 06:52 PM
Roll Tide. :cool_002:

Roll, Irish!!!

RUBE
11-15-2015, 09:19 PM

Also, a shame how, TCU & Baylor have slipped lately. God, I love College football!!!

I love college football too but it is an abusive relationship. Too often it likes to stomp on my heart.

Merlin1958
11-15-2015, 09:50 PM

I love college football too but it is an abusive relationship. Too often it likes to stomp on my heart.

Tell me about it, but then in a way, that is what makes it so great!!!

Garrell
11-23-2015, 07:11 AM
This is ours:angry: Bring on anyone

Ben Staad
11-23-2015, 07:53 AM
I would love to finally get a win against the Buckeyes. Going something like 3 and 12 in the last fifteen years has been rough. UM looks fairly soft against the run so I'm curious how this one will shake out.

ladysai
11-23-2015, 10:22 AM
Too true.
Its been pretty rough for us LSU fans lately.

RUBE
11-23-2015, 06:04 PM
Too true.
Its been pretty rough for us LSU fans lately.

And yet I am sure LSU will stomp my Aggies because of how bad their run defense is, so it could always be worse. Of course, we could get lucky and LSU players could quit on Miles. More likely they will play their hearts out to save his job.

ladysai
11-24-2015, 07:26 AM
We'll see.
I know we have a better chance of winning at home, but the Tigers have fallen apart lately.

Merlin1958
11-24-2015, 08:17 AM
I bet the CFC is going to proper fuck the Irish tonight!!!

Beat Stanford!!!!

Merlin1958
11-28-2015, 05:51 PM
This is it!!!!!

73 yds to, Will Fuller!!!!

Ben Staad
11-28-2015, 07:52 PM
Great game and coming right down to the wire.

This is it!!!!!

73 yds to, Will Fuller!!!!

Joe315
11-28-2015, 11:50 PM
I don't know that ND would have made the top 4 with a win but damn did they need that win.

Garrell
11-30-2015, 02:58 PM
Derrick Henry...Heisman? :rock:

Garrell
12-10-2015, 09:46 AM
Merry Xmas and ROLL TIDE. Non Bama fans seem quiet.:biggrin1:

Lookwhoitis
12-10-2015, 01:50 PM
Merry Xmas and ROLL TIDE. Non Bama fans seem quiet.:biggrin1:

Don't worry, we'll all come out of hiding when y'all lose :D

RUBE
12-11-2015, 03:53 AM
Who's "hiding?" There is not much to talk about now unless you are really into the individual awards or something bad happens to your team... something like your best QB transferring away even after he won back his job.

ELazansky
12-11-2015, 06:15 AM
I'm not hiding - as RUBE said, not much to say. FSU finished 10-2 and plays in a New Year's Six bowl. A win and they will finish in the top 10. Not in the Playoffs but still a great season as far as I'm concerned.

As for Bama, I could care less. Them winning or losing has no bearing on my life whatsoever.

Merlin1958
12-13-2015, 08:21 PM
Fuck OSU!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-8rmp8F3FU

Garrell
01-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Getting closer and excited:lol1:
BTW, we will be even better next year:)

RUBE
09-03-2017, 08:38 PM
I might have to stop watching college football after tonight.

Garrell
09-27-2017, 07:43 AM
Looking good again. Was at the Vandy game and the true freshman were crazy good:onfire:

ladysai
10-14-2017, 04:59 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMIj8GTVAAA03KM?format=jpg&name=small

HOLY SHIT! WHAT A COMEBACK!

I watched the game and still cant believe LSU beat Auburn! What a win!!!!

NeedfulKings
12-03-2017, 09:37 AM
Teams are being announced and the ESPN Bowl Mania picks will be available later today. I will get a 2017 Bowl Mania thread started then.

Joe315
12-03-2017, 10:57 AM
Bama is lucky.

ladysai
12-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Lucky? They were ranked #1 most of the year. Its not really surprising that theyre in the playoff for the championship, IMHO.
Im no Bama fan myself, but I have to admit they are a powerhouse, and deserve a shot at the championship.

Joe315
12-03-2017, 05:11 PM
They’re lucky Wisconsin lost. They would be out if they hadn’t. And yes they are a good team even with the auburn loss.

NeedfulKings
12-03-2017, 08:12 PM
Bama's good, but they were gifted a role in the championship by virtue of the Auburn and Wisconsin losses. It's going to be a tough pick between Clemson and Alabama.

ESPN is still trying to get their act together - I'll wait to post the thread until they are set.

Garrell
12-04-2017, 06:14 AM
ROLL TIDE. I thought they got it right last year with Ohio St over Penn St and I think they got it right this year also. 4 best teams is their goal.

ELazansky
12-04-2017, 08:02 AM
With their being 5 "Power" conferences, picking 4 teams each year is never going to have an acceptable result. I think the playoff should either be:

1) Take the 5 power conference champs and 1 wild card. The top 2 seeds get a bye in the first round, then 3 plays 6 and 4 plays 5. Exactly like the NFL does with the top 2 teams getting the bye in the first round.
2) Take the 5 power conference champs and 3 wild cards.

This would add one more game to the schedule, but if they want it right, I think they need to. Here in PA at the High School level, to win the title you play a 10 game regular season, then a 3 game district playoff round, then a 3 game state playoff round. If the High School kids can play 16 games, I think college kids can handle it.

No system is ever going to be perfect. You can't have a 16 team tournament. At least teams are playing on the field to determine the winner. it is much better than having two undefeated teams in the polls play in separate bowl games and having a vote to see who is Number 1.

Garrell
01-10-2018, 11:35 AM
ROLL TIDE!!!!

SpaceMaN
01-10-2018, 02:16 PM
Lets all remember the only undefeated team this year, UCF. Congrats to my national champions. Maybe some year they'll figure it out.

Ben Staad
01-10-2018, 04:16 PM
UCF looked like the real deal. It was pretty amazing seeing that program grow up like that.

Lets all remember the only undefeated team this year, UCF. Congrats to my national champions. Maybe some year they'll figure it out.

Garrell
08-11-2018, 01:20 PM
Ready to Win Again!!!!!!

ladysai
09-15-2018, 06:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf8goY01b8w

Merlin1958
10-24-2018, 05:09 AM
Whatever could this be???????????? Certainly, I must check it out in order to satisfy my curiousity........................................ ............

Merlin1958
11-22-2018, 02:59 PM
Alabama, sucks farts from dead seagulls!!!!!

Go Irish!!!!!

Garrell
12-27-2018, 08:22 PM
CFP Saturday

Merlin1958
12-28-2018, 01:17 PM
CFP Saturday

And the Irish will prevail!!!!!!!! Having a full scale CFP party tomorrow that will include the damn Elephant game vs the Sooners. I'll be rooting for a ND/Tide or Sooner playoff!!!!!

Joe315
12-29-2018, 02:58 PM
What’s happening Bill?! Irish look bad.

SpaceMaN
12-30-2018, 02:59 AM
Heh. Ha. Bwahahahaha. I lol.

Merlin1958
12-30-2018, 01:41 PM
Oh, well. Glad I can be a source of amusement.

Joe315
12-30-2018, 02:13 PM
Oh, well. Glad I can be a source of amusement.

I meant no insult. I’m an Irish fan too and that was embarrassing.

Garrell
12-30-2018, 04:32 PM
Roll Tide:rock:
But as a Raider fan also, worst season ever. Fire Gruden now before he also screws the draft

Garrell
01-07-2019, 02:38 PM
Hoping for a win tonight, but if Clemson does, then there is always next year

Merlin1958
01-07-2019, 02:57 PM
Hoping for a win tonight, but if Clemson does, then there is always next year

then there is always next year.............................................. .........The unfortunate lament of the Irish and every other NCAA Div 1 football team!!!!

I hope the game gets called on account of weather and they declare it a tie!!!! lol lol

Joe315
01-07-2019, 03:38 PM
I’m sure it’ll be a good game but it’s such a boring matchup. 3 out the last 4 years

SpaceMaN
01-08-2019, 02:54 AM
Well that was unexpected. Hopefully other teams will step up. I'm not a fan of dynasties.

Garrell
01-08-2019, 07:21 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

Merlin1958
11-14-2020, 08:59 AM
No Roll Tide?????

GO IRISH!!!!!!!

Garrell
11-14-2020, 09:01 AM
Boooooooo

Merlin1958
11-17-2020, 10:30 PM
Boooooooo

No. 2 in the Nation!!!!

Roll Irish!!!!

Garrell
11-18-2020, 06:24 AM
Maybe we met?

Merlin1958
11-26-2020, 07:30 PM
The undefeated Irish take on North Carolina tomorrow!!!! Sweet Touchdown Jesus it's a big game for the boyz!!!! I'll be squarely glued in front of my TV for the game.

Iron Bowl is this weekend as well!!! Lots of great NCAA action with Basketball getting started as well.

Garrell
11-26-2020, 07:42 PM
Yep. Big games. The wife and I got COVID so I am off til Monday, we are actually fine, minor symptoms. So that means I get to see the games and catch up on slipcases and personal traycases. Wait til you see pics of the Insomnia one I am finishing tomorrow.

Merlin1958
11-27-2020, 05:27 AM
The wife has the corned beef cooking away on the stove, beer is cold and gear is on!!!! lol

GO IRISH!!!!

This may just be their year!!!!

Merlin1958
12-06-2020, 06:37 AM
10-0!!!!!

Garrell
12-06-2020, 04:35 PM
I hope we get to play you guys!

Merlin1958
12-18-2020, 07:57 PM
Okay, despite all the pitfalls of this college season, there's a pretty good lineup of championship games.

'Bama vs Florida
Okla vs Iowa St
N'wstn vs OSU

and of course, the Fighting Irish take on the Clemson Tigers in the ACC title game rematch of their meeting earlier this season. In past years, though I root like hell, ND puts up a good fight but haven't had much xhance against the power houses like, Clemson and 'Bama. This year though I think there is some hope for them. They have one of the best defenses they have had in years and, Ian Book is more than capable of leading them to victory, He'll have to be on the top of his game like he was in their first meeting, but with a little luck of the Irish they just may be able to pull it off and meet up with the Tide at some point.

Go Get 'Em IRISH!!!!!

RUBE
12-18-2020, 09:35 PM
I am rooting for the Irish but of course it is for selfish reasons. Then again, they would probably still put Clemson in with two losses. At least USC is officially out of the picture now.

Joe315
12-18-2020, 10:03 PM
Ohio state should have no place in the cfp.

Garrell
12-19-2020, 04:59 AM

Agree. Not their fault but still shouldn’t be there. Half a season in a weak conference isn’t a season. They probably are one of the four best but it is still unfair to the others.

Joe315
12-19-2020, 10:38 AM

Agree. Not their fault but still shouldn’t be there. Half a season in a weak conference isn’t a season. They probably are one of the four best but it is still unfair to the others.

Exactly. Sucks for the kids but they’ve played 6(?) games.

Merlin1958
12-19-2020, 10:43 AM
N'wstn 10-6 at the half!!

Joe315
12-19-2020, 02:29 PM
The Irish defense is hot garbage today

Merlin1958
12-19-2020, 09:12 PM
Shit!!!! They do it to me every year. They just can't recruit with the southern schools. But I'll keep rooting my ass off for 'em you can count on that.

I guess I'll have to root for 'Bama now, but I think even they will have their hands full with Clemson.

Garrell
12-19-2020, 10:14 PM
I’m guessing that we play Notre Dame in the Sugar bowl in the first round:Ball Kick:

RUBE
12-19-2020, 10:16 PM
Why are you going to have to root for Bama? According to all the experts, your Irish are still going to get in the playoffs over my Aggies. I guess we'll know for sure in about 11 hours.

Garrell
12-19-2020, 10:18 PM
It should be Bama, Clemson, Texas A&M, Cincinnati. It won’t be. Ohio State And ND probably.

Joe315
12-20-2020, 07:22 AM
I don’t think cinci will make it and Ohio state shouldn’t but the cfp guys seem to have a hard on for them.

Merlin1958
12-20-2020, 05:31 PM
Why are you going to have to root for Bama? According to all the experts, your Irish are still going to get in the playoffs over my Aggies. I guess we'll know for sure in about 11 hours.

Generally, they disregard ND because of schedule, but we'll see. In my mind it should be:

'Bama
Clemson
A&M
ND

Though as you guys say, they'll likely go with OSU, Big 10 champ and all. A&M should go though. They deserve a shot. Probably should look at, The Gators again too.

Merlin1958
12-20-2020, 06:05 PM
Hot damn!!!!! The Irish made it!!!! We're coming for you, Garrell!!!! lol

Garrell
12-20-2020, 08:47 PM
We are waiting Bill:ghost_002:

Lookwhoitis
12-21-2020, 08:36 AM
Ridiculous selection, there really needs to be an 8 team playoff

Garrell
12-21-2020, 09:04 AM
After seeing it work for 7 years, this year's selection was a joke, it does need to be expanded.

RUBE
12-22-2020, 04:09 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFeqg86YYE

SEC trying to get two teams in the CFP this year.

Garrell
12-22-2020, 06:11 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wuFeqg86YYE

SEC trying to get two teams in the CFP this year.

Totally funny and true

Garrell
09-04-2021, 04:14 PM
Was hoping our QB would improve from last year, what little he played. I think he might have.

Merlin1958
09-04-2021, 04:29 PM
Starting with your PITA Pachyderms already??? :wtf::wtf::wtf:

Merlin1958
09-18-2021, 05:42 PM
The IRISH are 3-0!!!!

Garrell
09-18-2021, 07:35 PM
And?...

RUBE
10-09-2021, 08:35 PM
Whoop! I know it is a lost season but a win over Bama helps the healing process some.

Garrell
10-10-2021, 06:18 PM
Congrats. Time for us to get out of our heads and play for real.... or go home

Merlin1958
11-20-2021, 12:28 PM
The Irish are 10-1 heading into, Stanford!!!!

RUBE
11-27-2021, 07:46 PM
Fuck, I'm tired of losing games like this one.

Garrell
11-27-2021, 08:50 PM
That was insane. Young for the Heisman!!!

Merlin1958
11-27-2021, 11:31 PM
That was insane. Young for the Heisman!!!

The Irish are 11-1!!!!!!

Merlin1958
12-09-2021, 12:58 AM
Jesus!! What the Tide did to, Georgia bordered on criminal!! Hate to admit it, but, 'Bama is in a league by itself!!

ND vs Oklahoma State should be interesting. It would be better if, Kelly had waited. What a bush league move IMHO. I understand he seeks a shot at a National Title, but timing is everything man and he could have gone down as one of the elite, Irish coach's. As is that legacy will be a little tainted IMHO

What happened with, Bergeron (?) at LSU? They just won one in '19, no? They fired him? Thought he was an institution there at, LSU.

Garrell
12-09-2021, 09:23 AM
He had too much extra "girl" activity on the side.
Scary thing is Young and Anderson will be back next season :)

Garrell
12-31-2021, 09:23 PM
Really excited, got my tickets to the Natty a couple of days ago. Roll Tide!!!! Glad to be the underdog!

Merlin1958
12-31-2021, 10:04 PM
Really excited, got my tickets to the Natty a couple of days ago. Roll Tide!!!! Glad to be the underdog!

It won't be much of a game. 'Bama will rool. Those guys are monsters. Another level altogether!

Roll Tide, but I'm looking forward to the Fiesta. See what ND does without, Kelly against a tough opponent in, OSU.

Lookwhoitis
01-01-2022, 10:16 AM

enjoy man! It is always something special if you get to see your team win it all, live in person.

I hate UGA and Bama so much I cant even watch that game! :wtf:

Merlin1958
01-01-2022, 10:58 AM

enjoy man! It is always something special if you get to see your team win it all, live in person.

I hate UGA and Bama so much I cant even watch that game! :wtf:

Yeah, congrats to you, Bama should go all the way again.

In the meantime, ROLL IRISH!!! 14-7, Irish in the 1st!!

Ya know, Ian Book started for, N.O. Monday night. Little bit of a rough start, but with the seasoning he can get from, Peyton he could be a gem in the making. Keep an eye out. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-8rmp8F3FU&t=17s

That;s one thing the, Irish have that, Bama doesn't. A cool school song!! LOL

And there it is, ND up 21-7 in the 1st!! Go IRISH!!!!

Ya know, not to take anything away from, 'Bama. Ya go with what you're good at and the good Lord provides but, N.D. and the rest of college football just can't compete on the "Meat Market". The Off/Def lines of, Bama just manhandle everyone else. The irish and others can get the skill players but the lines of, Bama make all the difference, IMHO anyway.

Merlin1958
01-01-2022, 02:18 PM
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lookwhoitis
01-01-2022, 03:26 PM
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared:

Garrell
01-01-2022, 04:35 PM
Sorry that helped my Bowl Mania. I feel 50/50 on the championship game. I sure hope we win.

RUBE
01-01-2022, 10:00 PM
Yeah, the Irish and Utes both had good leads and ended up screwing me over in the Bowl Mania. Oh well, finishing second or third is what I seem to do.

Lurker
01-01-2022, 10:16 PM
Me too sorta - I picked ND. Why, I don't know. There are just things about them I have never liked. But I picked Ohio State and really thought they were losing so I quit watching. And I caught the end of the Baylor game and I guess the Ole Miss QB guy got hurt early on. No rhyme or reason to winning.

My first time to play and it's a bit of voodoo picking teams. And then trying to rank which guess is really gonna be right. Argh! I know more about college football than I ever wanted. Portals, guys who really do have masters and even a 17 year old playing. Geez.

RUBE
06-30-2022, 03:15 PM
We are working our way towards two SUPER conferences. After today's news, what are the next dominoes to fall?

RUBE
09-17-2022, 09:28 PM
Apparently we have few college football fans here (besides Garrell.)

Anyway, I'm glad that this week wasn't another disaster.

As for overall, Georgia looks ridiculously good even after losing so many players to the draft.

Garrell
09-18-2022, 10:57 AM
It has been a crazy season so far…

RUBE
12-02-2023, 09:23 PM
Who do y'all think should be in the CFP?

ajw2910
12-03-2023, 04:27 AM
I agree with the analysts last night when they said Michigan, Texas, Alabama and Washington

NeedfulKings
12-03-2023, 10:54 AM
I expected Georgia to fall out of the 4, and I think it made sense for Alabama to make the leap, but for FSU to fall in the polls doesn't make sense to many folks. That said, watching the playoffs will be more enjoyable without them in the picture. I can't watch an FSU game with sound. The endless chanting makes me want to chew my ears off.

Next year, it looks like they will expand the playoffs.

Garrell
12-03-2023, 03:28 PM
Roll Tide. According to Vegas, FSU would be a double digit underdog if the played us. They are not the same w/o Jordan Travis and it showed last night against Louisville and a less than average defense.