PDA

View Full Version : King's "Uncollected Stories" published... in Iran

mae
03-06-2012, 11:45 AM
http://www.ibna.ir/vdcbw8b88rhbfwp.4eur.html

Stephen Edwin King was born in 1947. He is an American author world-known for his contemporary horror, suspense, science fiction and fantasy fiction. His books have sold more than 350 million copies and have been adapted into a number of feature films, television movies and comic books. As of 2011, King has written and published 49 novels, including seven under the pen name Richard Bachman, five non-fiction books, and nine collections of short stories. Many of his stories are set in his home state of Maine.

Nevertheless, there are numerous unpublished works by Stephen King that have come to light throughout King's career, including novels and short stories, most of which remain unfinished. In "Uncollected Stories", Zargar has translated 11 of such stories by King.

King has a general law that he has never violated it. He says one should read and write 4 to 6 hours a day. If you do not have the time, do not expect yourself to become a good writer, says King.

"Uncollected Stories" of Stephen King is rendered into Persian by Ehsan Shafii Zargar and published in 288 pages by Ghatreh Publications.

harrison ryan
03-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Wonder which stories they translated?

herbertwest
03-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Ok, i was going to post it and ask the same question than Harrison.
I am going to ask Marsha if she knows what stories..

herbertwest
03-06-2012, 12:54 PM
And Marsha :

"Have had my suspicions confirmed that it is not an authorized edition."

mae
03-06-2012, 12:55 PM
I would think that's an obvious pirate edition. Still, wonder what 11 stories they chose..

Niels
03-06-2012, 01:58 PM
What I've found:

Title : Scattered stories
Publisher : Ghatreh Publications
ISBN : 978-600-119-308-8
Binding : Paperback
Translator : Shafii Ehsan Zargar