PDA

View Full Version : King may be involved in the new Aerosmith album

mae
02-07-2012, 07:14 PM
http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/News/aerosmith-king-0207-2012/

The worlds of rock and roll and literary horror may be colliding on the new Aerosmith album. Jack Douglas, who’s helming the classic rockers’ upcoming record, told Classic Rock magazine that he suggested an unlikely collaborator for frontman Steven Tyler. Douglas told the label that legendary author Stephen King could help Tyler get his creative juices flowing.

“They looked at me like I was crazy. I said, ‘No, I’m serious. If there’s anyone who’s going to inspire him, it’d be Stephen King,’” Douglas reported. “Steven doesn’t need melody – he needs someone who’s going to inspire him as a wordsmith. I don’t want a guy who’s just writing hits right now.”

There’s no word if the two Steves are indeed working together, although their shared Boston connection might break the ice. King is a massive Red Sox fan and Aerosmith got their start in the city.

Elsewhere in the interview, Douglas (who also produced Aerosmith’s ’70s classics Get Your Wings, Toys in the Attic and Rocks) said that Aerosmith have recorded 15 tracks for the new album, and have plans to lay down at least one more.

DanishCollector
02-08-2012, 02:59 AM
If this is going to happen, it'll be the second time King has contributed lyrics for an album. He wrote his own spoken lyrics (one paragraph) to a song called Everlong on Bronson Arroyo's Covering the Bases.

CRinVA
02-08-2012, 06:22 AM
I did see Steven Tyler sitting in the stands during the Syuper Bowl! Guess he's not too happy! Maybe King can help him get his "rage" pout on a new album!!!!!!!!!!!!

jon10g
02-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Does anyone have the spoken words of King from this track (Everlong)?
Could not find it on YouTube etc.
Thanks
Jon

DanishCollector
02-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Here it is, just transcribed from the song:

Sometimes I lie here in the dark,
some other city,
2000 miles away,
(no faces)
and theres no sound
(no voices on the phone).
My music's gone,
my heart's on hold,
caught between beats.
I'm only waiting to breath.
I'm waiting for you to walk in the door.
I wait to breath...
I wait to breath you in.

jon10g
02-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Many thanks for that.
Jon

DanishCollector
02-10-2012, 02:27 AM
You're welcome. The moderator on King's site confirmed that King isn't going to write any lyrics for Aerosmith. It was just a suggestion from Jack Douglas's part.