PDA

View Full Version : The Phoenix Rises

Aesculapius
11-22-2007, 10:23 AM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/mars_logo_phoenix.jpg

Aesculapius
11-22-2007, 10:39 AM
Chlorophyll absorbs light most strongly in the blue and red but poorly in the green portions of the electromagnetic spectrum, hence the green color of chlorophyll-containing tissues like plant leaves.

Aesculapius
11-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Notice the emphasis on the red and the blue, with "chlorophyll" in the middle (the image behind the band):

YouTube - The Red by Chevelle

Frunobulax
11-22-2007, 12:08 PM
OK....and......??

Aesculapius
11-22-2007, 12:17 PM
The wonder bird Phoenix with its three eggs, the first full of air, the second hath two yolks, in the third a young cock pecks.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/pho.jpg

I just wonder what will rise from the ashes of Mars.

Fire and Ice.

Whoever hath eyes to see, can and will see rightly...Whoever hath ears to hear, shall not be called upon too loudly.

There is obviously hidden play going on with NASA and music and even our teachers.

Patrick
11-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Nice artwork and I like the music.

But I still have no idea what this thread is about. :lol:

Aesculapius
11-22-2007, 12:21 PM
:lol:

I don't either. I just ride the waves.

EDIT:
The Philosopher's egg (stone)?

Patrick
11-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Works for me then. :lol:

Frunobulax
11-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Methinks psychobabble has two meanings.

She-Oy
11-22-2007, 01:37 PM
_

Aesculapius
11-22-2007, 01:37 PM
I think some get upset that I can speak free about these things.

Symbols and colors used within speak to the subconscious. And, when crossing boundaries and surfaces there will always be surface tension.

Frunobulax
11-22-2007, 02:12 PM
I enjoy the free speak. I'm all about that. However, this seems a bit pointless currently.
If anything, it's some good bulldada to increase my Slack.

She-Oy
11-22-2007, 03:29 PM
It's only pointless to those who do not wish to see more in it.

I may be wrong but I think the point of this thread may have been to show the symbol for NASA's current mission to Mars. And what it might represent.

Pheonix = Rising from the Ashes = new life

So basically, Will might be thinking (I never know, for I don;t pretend to read minds) what exactly is this mission about? Habitating Mars?

He speaks in virtual riddles. I know it's not easy and most of the time is confusing, but that's just how he is.

ZoNeSeeK
11-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Will is clearly off his chops.

Isn't this a Mozilla thing? (they renamed Firebird to Phoenix, and thats the symbol in the first post)

Daghain
11-22-2007, 05:30 PM
When did they rename Firefox to Phoenix? Did I miss a meeting?

I think Heather is right. I think it's about the Mars lander. But I always like a good Chevelle video. :D

Ruki
11-22-2007, 06:07 PM
The wonder bird Phoenix with its three eggs, the first full of air, the second hath two yolks, in the third a young cock pecks.

this is where i get lost. could you explain what the first two eggs in this quote represent?

OchrisO
11-22-2007, 06:11 PM
I just got really high and this made more sense.

Aesculapius
11-22-2007, 06:27 PM

this is where i get lost. could you explain what the first two eggs in this quote represent?

The Phoenix is a two headed bird...left and right, good and bad, male and female...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/pho.jpg

The Phoenix bird looking right is a symbol of "good", and to the left is "bad". In the NASA logo, the Phoenix is looking left.

Looking right:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/right.jpg

There seem to be two groups, owls and roosters ("the young cock"). The owls watch over the night, while the roosters wake us up.
ya know we ain't gonna die

EDIT:
I found this:

The Phoenix logo was chosen from artwork submitted by interested members of the Phoenix team in 2005. Most submissions were traditional: showing the lander on the Martian surface or designs based on the Phoenix name. Isabelle Tremblay of Montreal, Canada, won our logo contest with a more radical design which always reminds me of a Grateful Dead poster. She designed this logo in her spare time, her daytime job is system engineer for the Canadian Space Agency. She has helped the Canadian team provide and operate a sophisticated weather station for the Phoenix mission. The premier instrument of the station is the powerful LIDAR that sends laser beams into the sky to study clouds.

Our jazzy logo cleverly unites all the elements of our mission: the planet Mars, water, and fire. The Mars image in the background shows the northern polar cap and just to the left, still inside the arctic circle, a droplet of water swirls out into space from our landing site. Superimposed on the water is the fiery Phoenix bird scanning the Universe with a hunter’s eye. Clearly, the Phoenix is searching for something.

Remember the history of the mythical Phoenix. Throughout its 500-year life span it brings good fortune to those that see it. But as it finally ages and dies, it bursts into flames. A new Phoenix is reborn from the ashes of the old and thus continues for another 500 years. It is a popular myth throughout the world.

This is an apt symbol for the Phoenix mission that is built on the heritage of the Mars Polar Lander and the 2001 lander. When MPL was lost while landing on the southern polar layered terrain in 1999, the 2001 lander mission was canceled even though it was four months into its final assembly and test phase. The Phoenix mission has kept its costs low by leveraging the investments that NASA made in those two mission. We actually have launched the original 2001 lander, with a multitude of improvements and a new instrument suite, toward Mars on Aug. 4, 2007. Landing will take place on May 25, 2008, at approximately 4:30 p.m. PDT. Appropriately, this is Memorial Day.

NASA’s overall goal for the exploration of Mars follows the overarching theme: follow the water. Water shapes the planet by carving canyons and forming ice caps and perhaps glaciers. It is transported through the atmosphere affecting the climate that changes over the eons in response to orbital variations. When astronauts arrive on Mars, a source of water will be of prime importance. Finally, unfrozen water is the basis for life and the ingredients necessary for its genesis and growth. Truly, it is the holy grail of our exploration of the red planet.

Our scientific instruments also rely on fire and water to uncover the truth hidden in the soil minerals and chemicals. Our Thermal and Evolved-Gas Analyzer (TEGA) instrument receives a sample from the robotic arm and captures it in a tiny oven. The heat is gradually raised within the oven to more than 1800° F vaporizing the water, carbon dioxide and organic material out of the sample. A sensitive mass spectrometer, an electronic nose if you like, records the composition of these vapors and our science team interprets these signatures to determine the soil properties.

A second instrument, MECA (Microscopy, Electrochemistry and Conductivity Analyzer), adds water to its soil sample and then performs a chemical analysis on the solution. Salts of various composition will modify the chemistry of the water and chemical sensors will relay the information back to Earth. MECA will also test the acidity of the solution along with any minor components that may be present.

The results of these two experiments allow the science team to understand the history of the northern permafrost and the potential for this important part of the planet to sustain life. All these ideas are incorporated into our colorful logo.

Ruki
11-22-2007, 06:41 PM
owls and roosters ... i'll have to think about that one a bit.

i'm afraid i'm still lost about the significance of the first two eggs. failed attempts at bringing life?
edit - okay yeah got it :)

ZoNeSeeK
11-22-2007, 07:30 PM
i love owls

Daggy: Firebird and thunderbird are different products from Mozilla, seperate from Firefox. One is an Outlook type equivalent i think, not sure about the other.

Daghain
11-22-2007, 08:56 PM
Oh, see how you are. Freaking me out already. :lol:

She-Oy
11-22-2007, 09:19 PM
But I always like a good Chevelle video. :D

Oh good dear lord! Please don't get him started on Chevelle videos! LOL...it would take a whole different thread.

Although, strangely enough, Will would tell you they all have the same things in common.

Daghain
11-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Doesn't matter...I like Chevelle. :D

Darkthoughts
11-23-2007, 12:01 AM
Will - you weren't WillyT at .net were you? He never spoke in anything but metaphor and riddles either :D

Frunobulax
11-23-2007, 12:02 AM
Slack's still increasing, say thankya.

She-Oy
11-23-2007, 12:08 AM
Slack's still increasing, say thankya.

Not to be a bitch, but seriously, if you don't wonder or have something constructive to say...please just don't.

Will has always, always been of different mind and soul. His thoughts usually aren't really random even if they seem it.

It's really easy to pass over a thread if you aren't interested or have nothing good to say, please take this opportunity to do so if that's the case.

Frunobulax
11-23-2007, 12:09 AM
Hey, don't worry. I'll keep my trap shut.

Aesculapius
11-30-2007, 10:23 PM
The most popular variant of the phoenix has the bird living in Arabia for 500 years at the end of which era it burns itself and its nest. In the version of the phoenix described by Clement, an ante-Nicene father, the phoenix' nest is made of frankincense, myrrh and other spices. A new phoenix always rises from the ashes.

Hm...a nest, made of frankincense and myrrh. I recall a similar tale.

Armand St Pierre
11-30-2007, 10:36 PM
in allusion to NASA's use of the term would indicate that by going to Mars, it will be Mars itself that is being reborn anew in contrast to what once was.
How can something that did not exist, according to our current popular propagated view of antiquity, be reborn?
Slight allusion by the sorcerers and mystics of our time....aka NASA.

and again the wheel turns
http://www.vroma.org/images/mcmanus_images/etrwolf.jpg

Aesculapius
12-01-2007, 12:04 AM
YouTube - NASA: Phoenix Has Blinded Me With Science

Aesculapius
12-02-2007, 10:36 AM
How can something that did not exist, according to our current popular propagated view of antiquity, be reborn?

Exactly.

Star:
YouTube - the cult - star (live, tv)

Aesculapius
12-02-2007, 09:09 PM

YouTube - Ben Stein's Expelled

Jimmy
12-03-2007, 05:57 AM
So what you're saying Aesculapius is that logos and modern uses of specific terms harken back to older, established symbolisms with possibly a connective factor to life itself?

That a+b=c even if the equation reads a+x=c whereas x will always equal a,b or c depending upon the placement of x?

Armand St Pierre
12-03-2007, 10:03 PM
unequivocally, dominates the dictation of esoteric teachings across the spectrum of mystery schools throughout antiquity.
Sai King so thoughtfully filled his magnum opus, what we all so lovingly cherish here, to the brim with examples of just this sort of imagery.

It is a form of communication that transcends: time, language and culture.

Kevin
12-03-2007, 10:07 PM
So what you're saying Aesculapius is that logos and modern uses of specific terms harken back to older, established symbolisms with possibly a connective factor to life itself?

That a+b=c even if the equation reads a+x=c whereas x will always equal a,b or c depending upon the placement of x?

unequivocally, dominates the dictation of esoteric teachings across the spectrum of mystery schools throughout antiquity.
Sai King so thoughtfully filled his magnum opus, what we all so lovingly cherish here, to the brim with examples of just this sort of imagery.

This whole thread suddenly makes a whole lot more sense. :panic:

She-Oy
12-03-2007, 10:18 PM

I've been told it (and many more things) would if you have eyes to see and ears to hear...and patience to let it sink in.

She-Oy
12-03-2007, 10:20 PM

Anyone remember the Protectors of the Rose thread back at tdt.net? I'm sure it hasn't been posted in in years, but it was chalk full of what Mr. St. Pierre is talking about.

Aesculapius
12-03-2007, 10:58 PM
...and patience to let it sink in.

If there were no desire to heal
A damaged and broken man along
This tedious path I've chosen here
I certainly would've walked away by now.

The Patient - T00L

Kevin
12-03-2007, 10:59 PM

I've been told it (and many more things) would if you have eyes to see and ears to hear...and patience to let it sink in.

I wasn't being sarcastic. It does make more sense. :couple:

When something finally clicks, you throw your hands up and :panic:

Aesculapius
12-03-2007, 11:01 PM

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/4-5.jpg

She-Oy
12-03-2007, 11:09 PM

I wasn't being sarcastic. It does make more sense. :couple:

When something finally clicks, you throw your hands up and :panic:

No, no...I'm sorry you must have misunderstood me. I didn't think you were being sarcastic at all. I see how my post may have come off like that, but I meant you obviously DO have the eyes to see. And yes, when it clicks it definitely clicks..:thumbsup:

Aesculapius
12-04-2007, 12:20 AM
I believe that everything we encounter through all of our available senses eventually becomes images in the mind, pushed along through our synapses by light.
:idea:

I also believe in 'the journey', and 'the pilgrimage'.
This idea of 'The Phoenix' and 'The Pilgrim' extend well beyond the Sumerians and the folks of Nabta...two of the oldest forms of civilization.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/pilgrim.gif

Jimmy
12-04-2007, 05:40 AM
So I was right in my mode of thinking?

Brice
12-04-2007, 05:48 AM

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/4-5.jpg

Nice optical illusion Will! If you roll the screen up and down with your mouse the center wheel appears to spin or actually the inner wheel and the outer roll in opposite directions. Trippy!

And there are some interesting ideas here. :)

Aesculapius
12-04-2007, 04:59 PM

Indeed (if I was reading your question correctly).

If the two expressions are equal to each other and you add or subtract the exact same thing to both sides, the two sides will remain equal.

If that wasn't what you were getting at, could you use an example?

Aesculapius
12-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Nice optical illusion Will! If you roll the screen up and down with your mouse the center wheel appears to spin or actually the inner wheel and the outer roll in opposite directions. Trippy!

Thank ya.

And again the wheel turns...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/9_9_5-3.jpg

Aesculapius
12-05-2007, 12:42 AM
looking right, with the branch of David:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/b2.jpg

Darkthoughts
12-05-2007, 02:50 AM
How do you know this stuff Will, it's very Masonic isn't it?

Jimmy
12-05-2007, 09:26 AM

If the two expressions are equal to each other and you add or subtract the exact same thing to both sides, the two sides will remain equal.

Good cause that's what I meant. :nana:

Aesculapius
12-05-2007, 12:49 PM

Good cause that's what I meant. :nana:

The power of equality
Is not yet what it ought to be (ought to be)
It fills me up like a hollow tree (hollow tree)
The power of equality
-Red Hots

How do you know this stuff Will, it's very Masonic isn't it?

I could probably answer that question using lyrics from the same song as above ('The Power of Equality')......
I've got a soul
That cannot sleep
At night when something
Just ain't right.....
Red, Black or White, this is my fight

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/5005sm.jpg
^my Mark.

Oh, and I have this little box...
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/5001sm.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/5002sm.jpg
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/5004sm.jpg
:ninja:

Darkthoughts
12-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Cool :cool:

And I love that you quoted from the Blood Sugar Sex Magik album, tis the best in my opinion ;)

Aesculapius
12-05-2007, 05:29 PM
THE PHOENIX AND THE TURTLE

Let the bird of loudest lay,
On the sole Arabian tree,
Herald sad and trumpet be,
To whose sound chaste wings obey.

But thou shrieking harbinger,
Foul precurrer of the fiend,
Augur of the fever's end,
To this troop come thou not near!

From this session interdict
Every fowl of tyrant wing,
Save the eagle, feather'd king:
Keep the obsequy so strict.

Let the priest in surplice white,
That defunctive music can,
Be the death-divining swan,
Lest the requiem lack his right.

And thou treble-dated crow,
That thy sable gender makest
With the breath thou givest and takest,
'Mongst our mourners shalt thou go.

Here the anthem doth commence:
Love and constancy is dead;
Phoenix and the turtle fled
In a mutual flame from hence.

So they loved, as love in twain
Had the essence but in one;
Two distincts, division none:
Number there in love was slain.

Hearts remote, yet not asunder;
Distance, and no space was seen
'Twixt the turtle and his queen:
But in them it were a wonder.

So between them love did shine,
That the turtle saw his right
Flaming in the phoenix' sight;
Either was the other's mine.

Property was thus appalled,
That the self was not the same;
Single nature's double name
Neither two nor one was called.

Reason, in itself confounded,
Saw division grow together,
To themselves yet either neither,
Simple were so well compounded,

That it cried, How true a twain
Seemeth this concordant one!
Love hath reason, reason none,
If what parts can so remain.

Whereupon it made this threne
To the phoenix and the dove,
Co-supremes and stars of love,
As chorus to their tragic scene.

Threnos.

Beauty, truth, and rarity,
Grace in all simplicity,
Here enclosed in cinders lie.

Death is now the phoenix' nest
And the turtle's loyal breast
To eternity doth rest,

Leaving no posterity:
'Twas not their infirmity,
It was married chastity.

Truth may seem, but cannot be:
Beauty brag, but 'tis not she;
Truth and beauty buried be.

To this urn let those repair
That are either true or fair
For these dead birds sigh a prayer.

-William Shakespeare

Armand St Pierre
12-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Mark Twain's "Is Shakespear Dead?" (http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=7004942638729319523&hl=en)

Aesculapius
12-06-2007, 08:44 PM
I posted this in the "What's Your Tower?" thread, but, I feel that the concept of "tearing down the Temple" is relevant to the myth of the Phoenix.

Aleister Crowley;
Book Four - Part II: Chapter X - The Lamp

This Lamp is the light of the pure soul; it hath no need of fuel, it is the Burning Bush incomsumable that Moses saw, the image of the Most High.

This Lamp hangeth above the Altar, it hath no support from below; its light illumines the whole Temple, yet upon it are cast no shadows, no reflections. It cannot be touched, it cannot be extinguished, in no way can it change; for it is utterly apart from all those things which have complexity, which have dimension, which change and may be changed....

...The Temple and all that is in it must be destroyed again and again before it is worthy to receive that Light. Hence it so often seems that the only advice that any master can give to any pupil is to destroy the Temple.

"Whatever you have" and "whatever you are" are veils before that Light. Yet in so great ~a matter all advice is vain. There is no master so great that he can see clearly the whole character of any pupil. What helped him in the past may hinder another in the future.

Yet since the Master is pledged to serve, he may take up that service on these simple lines. Since all thoughts are veils of this Light, he may advise the destruction of all thoughts, and to that end teach those practices which are clearly conductive to such destruction.

Aesculapius
12-11-2007, 12:24 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/murals17-1.jpg

Aesculapius
12-24-2007, 05:45 PM
Mars could be in for an asteroid hit. A newly discovered hunk of space rock has a 1 in 75 chance of slamming into the Red Planet on Jan. 30, scientists said Thursday.

"These odds are extremely unusual. We frequently work with really long odds when we track ... threatening asteroids," said Steve Chesley, an astronomer with the Near Earth Object Program at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

The asteroid, known as 2007 WD5, was discovered in late November and is similar in size to an object that hit remote central Siberia in 1908, unleashing energy equivalent to a 15-megaton nuclear bomb and wiping out 60 million trees.

Scientists tracking the asteroid, currently halfway between Earth and Mars, initially put the odds of impact at 1 in 350 but increased the chances this week. Scientists expect the odds to diminish again early next month after getting new observations of the asteroid's orbit, Chesley said.

"We know that it's going to fly by Mars and most likely going to miss, but there's a possibility of an impact," he said.

If the asteroid does smash into Mars, it will probably hit near the equator close to where the rover Opportunity has been exploring the Martian plains since 2004. The robot is not in danger because it lies outside the impact zone. Speeding at 8 miles a second, a collision would carve a hole the size of the famed Meteor Crater in Arizona.

The Phoenix could be in for some early work.

Interesting, when Jupiter was smashed by Shoemaker-Levy 9 back in '94, Galileo was en route and had a bird's eye view of the impact.

Aesculapius
12-24-2007, 06:05 PM
The North and South poles of Mars perform a "dance" and are very connected to each other, more than we have come to understand...well, what we are given as fact. The precession of Mars is a little "odd', as well.

The mapping and spectral analysis by OMEGA has shown that the perennial deposits on the Martian South Pole are of essentially three types: water-ice mixed with carbon dioxide (CO2) ice, tens-of-kilometres-wide patches of water-ice, and deposits covered by a thin layer of CO2 ice.

The discovery of the ice deposits of the first type confirms the long-standing hypothesis that CO2 acts as a cold-trap for water-ice. But how were the other two types of deposits, not ‘trapped’ by CO2, accumulated and preserved over time?

Franck Montmessin, from the Service d'Aéronomie du CNRS/IPSL (France) and lead author of the findings, explains how the deposits of water ice at the Martian's poles 'behave'. "We believe that the deposits of water-ice are juggled between Mars’ North and South Poles over a cycle that spans 51,000 years, corresponding to the time span in which the planet's precession is inverted." Precession is the phenomenon by which the rotation axis of a planet wobbles.

Montmessin and colleagues came to the conclusion by turning back time in their Mars climate computer model. This was done by changing the precession together with other orbital information.

The scientists set the clock 21,000 years back, when the closest vicinity of the planet to the Sun corresponded to the northern summer – a situation opposite to that of today.

The model has shown that water at the North Pole was in an unstable condition and was easily transported to the South Pole in the form of water vapour, to then re-condense and freeze on the surface. Up to 1 millimetre of water ice was deposited at the South Pole every year. After Mars has spent more than 10,000 years in that climatic configuration, this accumulation led to a layer up to 6-metre thick.

About 10,000 years ago the precession cycle was inverted, and started to return to its current configuration. Water-ice at the South Pole became unstable, and was forced to progressively return back to the North.

About 1000 years ago, by a not-yet-well explained trigger mechanism, the erosion of the water-ice deposits at the South pole was blocked as soon as layers of CO2 ice were deposited on the water-ice and trapped it, as OMEGA has observed them.

Mars is currently experiencing 'Southern summer' – that is, water ice is more likely to accumulate at the North Pole.

Aesculapius
12-25-2007, 01:56 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/mars_logo_phoenix.jpg

Red + Blue = Depth

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/rb.jpg

Aesculapius
05-25-2008, 04:04 PM
http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/080525-phoenix-mars-landing.html

Aesculapius
05-25-2008, 11:12 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/md_440.jpg

I wonder what that white thing is out there...part of the spacecraft that was designed to fall away, like a heat shield, or part of the parachute system...??

Brice
05-26-2008, 03:11 AM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/md_440.jpg

I wonder what that white thing is out there...part of the spacecraft that was designed to fall away, like a heat shield, or part of the parachute system...??

It's a martian, silly. :cyclops:

Heather19
05-26-2008, 03:57 PM
hmm, I'm kinda curious too. It's probably just something that fell off the spacecraft maybe. I was just looking at some of the pics. They're pretty interesting. I love the ones of it parachuting down.

Aesculapius
05-26-2008, 11:33 PM
YouTube - 2001 :: A Space Odyssey (Dawn of Man)

NP: Right In Two - T00L

Aesculapius
05-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Here's a thread where discussion is taking place about these images:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread358051/pg1

Heh, one of the guys asking questions from the media just asked about that pictures exactly.

They said they aren't certain what it is right now, but given that there was very low winds during the decent it is possible it could be the heat shield or parachute. Once they analyze some of the data they'll be able to know for sure.

They admitted to seeing it just as clearly as everybody else in the media has but since these are such low resolution pictures they took just so they could show something today. Once they get the higher res pictures back in a day or two they'll hopefully know more.

One other thing to note is that the ground in this location is most likely as hard as concrete.

EDIT:

i think its about to be disclosure time..
i think they are going to use phoenix to actually discover alien life forms.
which they have known existed on mars forever.. as an excuse as to why they hid everything with the other 2 vehicles.. they will say the aliens were living on the northern part of the planet..

i think we are about to see alot of interesting things.. small things at first.. they will save the big mind boggling stuff for later.. watch.. its happening as we speak.. they are planning to let the world know.. and let us all see for ourselves finally..

ladysai
05-27-2008, 07:30 PM
There's a video animation on the NASA site:
"This animation zooms in on the backshell and parachute, about 300 meters to the south of the Phoenix lander."
I cant view the video since I dont have quicktime, and the damn program wont load at the moment.
I wish I could see if that is of the same object as in the photo posted above.
~scowl~
That surely looks like a parachute in the photo above...

Aesculapius
05-27-2008, 08:42 PM
The parachute is behind the backshell, shown here in the opposite direction of the other object:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/heatshield.jpg

Here is a view looking down:

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/080527-phoenix-overview-02.jpg

This other "thing" doesn't seem to be the backshell, the heatshield or the parachute.
It's doesn't seem to be a glitch either, because the object seems to cast a shadow.

But, hey, if it turns out to be nothing, at least we spent $500 million for more pictures of the sky and more rocks. lol

Aesculapius
05-28-2008, 08:10 PM
NASA said today that they have no idea what the "object" could be.

Umm...if they move those enlarged images from the map above, I have a feeling we could see it on the map as well as we can see the lander, backshell, parachute and the heatshield mark.

I think they know what it is, and I have an idea of what is possibly could be.

I saw it as soon as they released the image. I didn't see discussion taking place about the image somewhere else and then ran with it. I saw it first, then went looking for others talking about it. It's that obvious. And, they want us to see it. If not, they would have removed it from the image before releasing it.

Also, NASA is known for designing missions around their targets. For example, the NEAR mission to Eros.

NEAR Shoemaker launched on Feb. 17, 1996 - the first in NASA's Discovery Program of low-cost, scientifically focused planetary missions - and became the first spacecraft to orbit an asteroid on Feb. 14, 2000.

The NEAR spacecraft landed on the asteroid on February 12, 2001.

Eros was the god of lust, love and intercourse.
They even found a heart on Eros:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/eros_heart.jpg

Point:
This was a big weekend for one particular movie. Mr. Jones and the skulls.
They design these things for a reason. Down to the dates and targets.

ladysai
05-28-2008, 08:47 PM
~off topic~
I plan to see the new Indy movie tomorrow.:)
I guess I'll learn about the crystal skulls then.
~return to topic~
If they showed us the heart on Eros...why not show us the (whatever it is) on Mars?
Do they fear a panic?
EEEEEEE! An object on Mars! EEEEEEE! :panic:

Aesculapius
05-28-2008, 10:50 PM
The Pope's chief astronomer says that life on Mars cannot be ruled out.

Writing in the Vatican newspaper, the astronomer, Father Gabriel Funes, said intelligent beings created by God could exist in outer space.

Father Funes, director of the Vatican Observatory near Rome, is a respected scientist who collaborates with universities around the world.

The search for forms of extraterrestrial life, he says, does not contradict belief in God.

The official Vatican newspaper headlines his article 'Aliens Are My Brother'.

'Free from sin'

Just as there are multiple forms of life on earth, so there could exist intelligent beings in outer space created by God. And some aliens could even be free from original sin, he speculates.

Asked about the Catholic Church's condemnation four centuries ago of the Italian astronomer and physicist, Galileo, Father Funes diplomatically says mistakes were made, but it is time to turn the page and look towards the future.

Science and religion need each other, and many astronomers believe in God, he assures readers.

To strengthen its scientific credentials, the Vatican is organising a conference next year to mark the 200th anniversary of the birth of the author of the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin.

I like that...aliens are my brother.

Aesculapius
05-28-2008, 11:11 PM
This is nothing more than the raw image with inverted color and scaled up 800 times...

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/invert.jpg

Aesculapius
05-29-2008, 07:32 AM
!

EL IS

Aesculapius
05-29-2008, 05:30 PM
in allusion to NASA's use of the term would indicate that by going to Mars, it will be Mars itself that is being reborn anew in contrast to what once was.

http://www.vroma.org/images/mcmanus_images/etrwolf.jpg

The sun currently sits in the house of Gemini.

A friend of mine who was a sniper in Desert Storm and went to Afghanistan right after 9_11 thinks it resembles a rocket-type lander.

Armand St Pierre
05-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm afraid we will have to wait for anything concrete to emerge from this......but really not that long.
http://www.sullivanboutique.com/Anne/stores/1/images/dvds/Action/independence_day.gif

let's call it a hunch......

I'd say that this has been ramped up as far as it can possibly go without blowing it's load.

Aesculapius
05-30-2008, 04:24 PM
There's that date again...seems like a good day to open a time capsule.

Anyways, why is this getting more attention?

A video purportedly showing aliens has been shown to the press, the Denver Post reports.

The approximately three-minute-long video, in grainy black and white, appears to show a creature with big eyes looking through a window into a house, the Post said. But it was unclear if it was a puppet or an alien...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,360941,00.html

Aesculapius
05-30-2008, 05:01 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/murals17-1.jpg

In Mayan prophecy, the god-king Feathered Serpent or Quetzalcoatl would return to humanity in the year 1 Reed. According to legend, as a spiritual leader he advocated the replacement of human sacrifice with flowers, songs and meditation. It was told that he erected a pillar in the city of Tula “Place of Reeds” symbolizing the World Tree as an energy conduit between heaven and earth.

Reed energy, like a pillar receiving sunlight energy, serves as the connection between heaven and earth. Thus Reed energy becomes a conduit of light energy, photosynthesis on a spiritual level, our continual link through many levels from the primordial cellular level to the higher vibrational level of multidimensional existence. This photosynthesis of energy brings out the best in us, especially our passion for a concept we believe in. We feel inclined to begin a crusade for change, and many may gravitate to those born on the Day of Reed because of their clear visions of changing the world for the better.

May 29th, 2008 through June 10th, 2008 - 13 day Period of Reed.
IDEAS & INTENT.

ladysai
05-31-2008, 07:48 PM
Where's the quote from, Willy?

And is the 13 day period of Reed a one-time event?
Seems like a good time for people to meditate and think...
especially if it is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Aesculapius
06-01-2008, 06:21 PM
It is my understanding that the 13 day period of Reed occurs every Gregorian calendar year.

It's difficult to understand because of the mechanics involved, and I've yet to completely comprehend the entire process.

If someone else could step in and shed light, that would be wonderful.

The 13 Day period of Reed is different from Year 1 Reed.

Among other calendars devised in pre-Hispanic Mesoamerica, two of the most widely used were the 365-day solar calendar (Haab' in Mayan) and the 260-day ceremonial calendar, which had 20 periods of 13 days. This 260-day calendar was known as the Tzolk'in to the Maya and tonalpohualli to the Aztecs.

The Haab' and the Tzolk'in calendars identified and named the days, but not the years. The combination of a Haab' date and a Tzolk'in date was enough to identify a specific date to most people's satisfaction, as such a combination did not occur again for another 52 years, above general life expectancy.

Because the two calendars were based on 365 days and 260 days respectively, the whole cycle would repeat itself every 52 Haab' years exactly. This period is generally known as the Calendar Round.

To measure dates over periods longer than 52 years, the Mesoamericans devised the Long Count calendar.

It is my understanding that the 13 day period comes from a ratio created from the sun and moon. Venus is also used within the gears of the greater whole (time), but, I keep hearing about how the movement of Venus is under question, so, that would imply a tolerance within the machine.

Where's the quote from, Willy?

Here is the entire body...the stuff I posted earlier related to the rising of Quetzalcoatl and the phoenix bird.

This 13 day period is a time for making rulings, judgments, & decrees, settling treaties, promoting ideas, airing opinions, and debating policies. In ancient times it was considered an unfortunate period, probably because having people express their own ideas was not acceptable in a tightly controlled society.

Acatl (reed)
Trecena (13-day period) Acatl
The 13-day period Acatl (Reed) is ruled by Chalchihuitlicue, goddess of lakes, rivers and seas, goddess of horizontal waters. This trecena signifies the transitory nature of all that we may gain in life: it is a reminder to view success and failure, gain and loss, as matters of fate and not as matters of personal worth. The elementals do not reward nor punishment our efforts but, rather, construct the maze within which we might perfect our hearts. The 13 days of this trecena reveal our hearts to us, based on whether we have decided to live within the house of shadows or to seek the secret of happiness elsewhere. These are good days to travel to new places; bad days to hide in fear.

{Tzolkin Trecena Notes – 1 Reed (Ben)

Day 53 of the 260 Day Tzolkin

Gregorian Date: May 29, 2008}

Trecenas are thirteen-day periods in the Tzolkin. Each Trecena starts with the Number 1, but with a different Day Glyph. As a wave of the Thirteen Heavens, the underlying energy is governed by the First Day Glyph of the Trecena and influences all thirteen successive Day Glyphs. Being aware of the predominant energy of the First Day of the Trecena, we can align our intentions with that energy and allow our goals to manifest.

This Trecena starts with 1 Ben (Reed/Corn) ambitious, strong, confident, inner power, authority, crusader, champion, journeying in new directions, energy connector between heaven and earth, sharing connections with others.

Reed energy, like a pillar receiving sunlight energy, serves as the connection between heaven and earth. Thus Reed energy becomes a conduit of light energy, photosynthesis on a spiritual level, our continual link through many levels from the primordial cellular level to the higher vibrational level of multidimensional existence. This photosynthesis of energy brings out the best in us, especially our passion for a concept we believe in. We feel inclined to begin a crusade for change, and many may gravitate to those born on the Day of Reed because of their clear visions of changing the world for the better.

In Mayan prophecy, the god-king Feathered Serpent or Quetzalcoatl would return to humanity in the year 1 Reed. According to legend, as a spiritual leader he advocated the replacement of human sacrifice with flowers, songs and meditation. It was told that he erected a pillar in the city of Tula “Place of Reeds” symbolizing the World Tree as an energy conduit between heaven and earth.

Another representation of the Trecena is that of a creative wave beginning at 1 and ending at 13, with the numbers 6, 7 and 8 representing the crest of the wave. The crest could be interpreted as a strong influential energy, although the underlying influence on the Trecena would still rest in the beginning.

This conduit of light energy crests on 6 Etznab (Flint), mirror or reflection, exposing our inner selves; 7 Cauac (Storm), gathering energy to clear and cleanse our spirit; and 8 Ahau (Sun), embodiment of light energy which encourages our inner spirit to flower.

As we journey through each day of this Trecena (1 Ben, 2 Ix, 3 Men, 4 Cib, 5 Caban, 6 Etznab, 7 Cauac, 8 Ahau, 9 Imix, 10 Ik, 11 Akbal, 12 Kan, 13 Chicchan), utilize the energy of Reed to recognize and honor your inner power and authority.

These are all ideas on this particular 13 day period of reed. Ideas are concluded from many sources dedicated to the mysteries of the mayan calendar and our universal evolution of consciousness.

In other news:

IN THE VERY FIRST IMAGES, I HAD TWO QUESTIONS ON MY MIND: ONE WAS THAT IN ONE OF THE FIRST BLACK AND WHITE IMAGES FROM PHOENIX, IT’S LOOKING OUT ON THE HORIZON AND THERE IS WHAT LOOKS LIKE A WHITE VERTICAL SPIKE VERY NEAR THE HORIZON.

Yes, I saw that. We all saw that. There were some jokes going around. Ed Weiler, NASA Associate Administrator of the Science Mission Directorate, made the joke that it was probably a polar bear since we were north of the Arctic circle. We’re going to wait until we get a much higher resolution image of what is there. It could be that it was an alignment issue or a speck from reflection on the deck. We’re not quite sure at this point.

BUT IT MIGHT BE SOMETHING THAT WAS OUT THERE ON THE HORIZON?

Oh, I can’t speculate on that. I’ll wait until we get a higher resolution image.

http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1431&category=Science

EDIT:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/52.jpg

ladysai
06-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Cool interview on that link...thanks for posting it. :)

Yeah, I'd say they have one helluva hand and they're determined to play it close to the vest.;)

On the Mayan quote...
I was wondering what the source of the quote was.
That whole calendar is some serious math for folks living millenia ago...amazing stuff.
Especially to me since I cant comprehend basic Algebra. :rolleyes:

Aesculapius
06-01-2008, 09:22 PM
http://www.mayanmajix.com/

ladysai
06-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Cool site, thanks for the link.

Supercool new av, too.:D

Aesculapius
06-01-2008, 09:33 PM
There are some videos in the 'Learning Lab' of that site. Those may help.

Math is fun! lol

ladysai
06-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Math is fun! lol
I guess it can be.
Just tougher on some brains than others.:lol:

Aesculapius
06-01-2008, 09:44 PM
BRAAAAIIIINS!!!!
:lol:

Aesculapius
06-02-2008, 12:46 AM
The structure of the mayan calendar is built in nine different levels. Each level is divided into sections of seven 'days' and six 'nights', or thirteen periods.

That I was familiar with. I learned this tonight.

The first level, or cycle, started 16.4 billion years ago. Interesting. Each 'day' and 'night' within that cycle is 1.26 billions years long.

The next level fits within the last 'day' of the previous cycle, since there is no seventh 'night'. The next level, the eighth of nine, started 820 million years ago. Each 'day' and 'night' within that cycle is a little over 63 million years.

The entire next cycle would fit into this 63 million year time frame, the seventh 'day' of the previous cycle (REST). Hmm...interesting things happened +/-63 million years ago.

The current level began January 5th, 1999, and the 'days' and 'nights' last 360 days.

It's cycles building upon previous cycles, where changes happen at a quicker pace than before. What took 360 days to cycle through in this level will take 20 days to accomplish on the next. Interesting, as well, is that the next cycle is 260 days long. The pattern seems to be recycling itself. I've seen this happen in a notebook of mine. lol

Conscious co-creation.

Brice
06-02-2008, 05:04 AM
Another Aztec/Mayan calender/astrology link- http://www.azteccalendar.com/

Aesculapius
06-02-2008, 06:57 AM
Thanks, Brice. :D

Brice
06-02-2008, 07:39 AM
No problem. I found a few other links too. If you want I'll try to remember to post them or send them your way later.

Heather19
06-02-2008, 04:47 PM
So when are they releasing high resolution pics? or have they already?

Aesculapius
06-02-2008, 10:01 PM
No, I haven't heard of any...but, check out this pile of Mars dirt:

http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/images.php?gID=1698&cID=36

:dance:

EDIT:
^ sarcasm

Aesculapius
06-05-2008, 05:23 PM
A microscope on NASA's Mars Phoenix Lander has taken images of dust and sand
particles with the greatest resolution ever returned from another planet.

The mission's Optical Microscope observed particles that had fallen onto an
exposed surface, revealing grains as small as one-tenth the diameter of a human
hair.

"We have images showing the diversity of mineralogy on Mars at a scale that is
unprecedented in planetary exploration," said Michael Hecht of NASA's Jet
Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena. He is the lead scientist for Phoenix's
Microscopy, Electrochemistry and Conductivity Analyzer (MECA) instrument suite.

That's wonderful. I mean it. That is a great feat.

However, apparently, there are people on the edge of their seat waiting for something else.

I don't mind being wrong. But, I had a feeling something like this was going to happen when they launched this bird.

ladysai
06-05-2008, 07:54 PM
Do you believe they are concealing something, or not finding what they thought they'd find?

Aesculapius
06-05-2008, 11:21 PM
It's very possible that the object could be data loss, but, I think if that was the case, it would have already been discussed by now. And, it seems that the object is casting a shadow. The fact that it's been hanging out here this long and still no word about it leads me to think that they know what the object is and perhaps they are waiting for a good time to reveal.

I was playing around with the colors on the image tonight. It seems that there could be two seperate objects.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/2.jpg

Heather19
06-07-2008, 07:37 AM
Just the fact that they're not telling us what it is, is really making me curious as to what it actually is. I'm sure they must have gotten better pictures of it by now.

Aesculapius
06-07-2008, 10:55 AM
I should make a few phone calls. :ninja:

Aesculapius
06-07-2008, 11:09 AM
YouTube - 2001: A space odyssey - Ending

Aesculapius
06-10-2008, 05:52 PM
YouTube - Project Camelot Interviews Boriska

I find it very interesting that ley lines and stonehenge are discussed in the video. Also...this venture is called "Project Camelot"...and stones that hold souls...:D

ladysai
06-10-2008, 06:50 PM
:(
I clicked on the above video,
and it said it is no longer available.
Phooey.

OchrisO
06-10-2008, 11:45 PM
NASA found water on Mars.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/0504/WaterOnMars2_gcc.jpg

Aesculapius
06-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Mer
Ka
Ba

Our body is light, we are immortal
Our body is love, we are eternal

Omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, without judgment.

Aesculapius
06-11-2008, 09:22 PM
This is getting funny, now.

NASA's Phoenix Lander Has An Oven Full Of Martian Soil

NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander has filled its first oven with Martian soil.

"We have an oven full," Phoenix co-investigator Bill Boynton of the University of Arizona, Tucson, said today. "It took 10 seconds to fill the oven. The ground moved."

Boynton leads the Thermal and Evolved-Gas Analyzer instrument, or TEGA, for Phoenix. The instrument has eight separate tiny ovens to bake and sniff the soil to assess its volatile ingredients, such as water.

The lander's Robotic Arm delivered a partial scoopful of clumpy soil from a trench informally called "Baby Bear" to the number 4 oven on TEGA last Friday, June 6, which was 12 days after landing.

As stated before...

Aesculapius
06-15-2008, 10:26 AM
There was no mention of this at all...I had to compare the landscape to the previous black and white image.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/232.jpg

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/34.jpg

hmm...:orely:
That's the same spot...
*poof*

Aesculapius
06-17-2008, 05:10 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/flameon.jpg

|0|
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/101.jpg

ladysai
06-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Supercool phoenix image.
:)

Aesculapius
06-17-2008, 08:14 PM
:excited:

Darkthoughts
06-18-2008, 01:48 AM
Agreed, thats really beautiful!

I'm having very odd deja vu, I dreamt you were showing me some of these images and in my dream they made perfect sense...but I can't remember the connection I made now...

Aesculapius
06-18-2008, 06:02 PM
Agreed, thats really beautiful!

I'm having very odd deja vu, I dreamt you were showing me some of these images and in my dream they made perfect sense...but I can't remember the connection I made now...

Life (out here) is but a dream. :D

Perhaps this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25244693

ladysai
06-18-2008, 07:56 PM
Perhaps this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25244693

Ha...an image I found googling pluto+robot:
(looking for a plutoid, heh)
http://www.myconfinedspace.com/watermark.php?src=wp-content/uploads/2006/08/pluto-astroid.jpg

Aesculapius
06-18-2008, 11:12 PM
pluto+robot...:lol:

"paid for by the friends of pluto." :rofl:

Aesculapius
06-24-2008, 07:14 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/glssbxTM.jpg

...so within.

sublimate.

Siriusly. Thank you.

ladysai
06-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Whoa.
Awesome image.
I :wub: it!

Aesculapius
06-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Some say that the Secret Fire of the Vulcan induces birds to fly, which also indicates that sublimation is taking place. Successful sublimation is symbolized by the Eagle.

June 24, 2008: NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander repositioned its robotic arm slightly today and is now poised to deliver Martian soil to its wet chemistry laboratory.

Sample delivery and analysis is planned as the science highlight tomorrow, June 25, the 30th Martian day of the mission. Phoenix is to perform the first-ever wet-chemistry experiment on polar Martian terrain, testing the soil for salts, acidity and other characteristics.

The wet chemistry laboratory is part of the suite of tools called the Microscopy, Electrochemistry and Conductivity Analyzer, or MECA.

sublimation: a process in which a substance is converted directly from a solid to a gas or from a gas to a solid without an intermediate liquid phase

water ice going through sublimation as seen from the Phoenix lander:
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/sub.gif

T00L - Vicarious

Aesculapius
07-14-2008, 05:23 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/reborn.jpg

Almost reborn...

Any Rays of Light out there?:unsure:

EDIT:

Sometimes...
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n319/Obelison/two/stcb.jpg

Aesculapius