PDA

View Full Version : All I want for Christmas.................

Merlin1958
12-10-2011, 04:13 PM
Is a new 3'x2'x1' bookcase. I promise to fill it and never buy another book!!! LOL

What do you want for Christmas besides, "World Peace"??????

Nerak
12-10-2011, 04:46 PM
To be able to wrap my arms around the son I gave up for adoption 22 years ago!

He's coming home for leave on Thursday and we are supposed to be meeting up sometime in the three weeks that he will be home!!!!!!

Ben Staad
12-10-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm just wishing for a pleasant and fun day with the family. My kids are growing up so fast it feels like we don't have many years left with my babies.

Merlin1958
12-10-2011, 04:55 PM
To be able to wrap my arms around the son I gave up for adoption 22 years ago!

He's coming home for leave on Thursday and we are supposed to be meeting up sometime in the three weeks that he will be home!!!!!!

Well good for you, Karen!!!!! Nothing but the best wishes to you both!!!!

And "Ben" who could ask for more? They do grow up fast!!!!

And then buy you "tube socks" LOL LOL LOL

Ben Staad
12-10-2011, 04:57 PM
And then buy you "tube socks" LOL LOL LOL

LOL! I actually could use some tube socks...

Flygrl
12-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Would kind of like a ring upgrade. Know that's not going to happen. Cheap-ass.

Merlin1958
12-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Truth be told, Mr. Staad hooked me up big time for Xmas with a signed "11/22/63" that I am still gushing about. Proof positive that this is one of the best internet communities out there!!!!! I'll always "owe ya", Tim!!!!

Merlin1958
12-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Would kind of like a ring upgrade. Know that's not going to happen. Cheap-ass.

Marry him now, get the upgrade in ten years!!! That's how it went with my wife 1 and 1/2 Karats after she had my kids. She deserved that and more for putting up with me!!!!

Flygrl
12-10-2011, 05:10 PM
Too much work right now. I can't even begin to comprehend a wedding. Especially considering I know him well enough to understand that I am going to have to do absolutely everything by myself. Starting with the invitations.
:angry:

Brice
12-10-2011, 05:41 PM
I pretty much have all I'm wanting. :)

Flygrl
12-10-2011, 05:53 PM
That's no fair. You have to say WHAT!

Merlin1958
12-10-2011, 05:54 PM
That's no fair. You have to say WHAT!

She's got a point, Brice!!!!

Brice
12-10-2011, 05:57 PM
Oh, alright! I'll just take the special collections section of the Fogler library and the john hay library. :)

Ben Staad
12-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Truth be told, Mr. Staad hooked me up big time for Xmas with a signed "11/22/63" that I am still gushing about. Proof positive that this is one of the best internet communities out there!!!!! I'll always "owe ya", Tim!!!!

Always happy to help out the good folks on these boards. :emot-cthulhu:

P.S. You've already done plenty for me Bill. I was just returning the favor.

Flygrl
12-10-2011, 06:02 PM
What's a signed 11/63?
:lovely:

Brice
12-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Signed copy of King's new book 11/22/63. :)

alkanto
12-10-2011, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't mind a plane ticket to London, for the summer. That would make it a lot easier to save up on my trip :lol:

Merlin1958
12-10-2011, 06:05 PM
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/7092/004brx.jpg

Brice
12-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Very very awesome Bill!

Storyslinger
12-10-2011, 06:11 PM
If nothing else, I would love to be switched back to the day shift. Graveyard is extremely difficult on family life. :(

Jean
12-12-2011, 06:07 AM
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/7092/004brx.jpg
this is all bears want for Xmas

CRinVA
12-12-2011, 06:56 AM
All I want for Christmas is:

My Two Front Teeth - er no, been there, done that!
World Peace - er, that is probalby asking for too too much!
S/L The Stand (Coffin Edition) - er, no one in my family will spend that kind of ca$h!
Spending the day (12/17/11) at Christmastown (Busch Gardens, Williamsburg) with my family!

Bingo - that last one is happening! Me and my lovely wife Terri, My daughter Erin and her husband Thomas and our grandson Tommy, Brett and his girlfriend Jessie, Bryan and his girlfriend Marisa, and Kara and her boyfriend Chris.

And Marisa informed us "They have live Penguins!"

The Perfect Christmas Present if you ask me! Pictures to follow - sometime after Dec 17th!

Check it out here! Christmas Town at Busch Gardens (http://www.christmastown.com/homepage.aspx)

Brice
12-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Christmastown at busch gardens is lots of fun.

Tito_Villa
12-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Just to have a nice lie in with my girlfriend and dog on our 1st Christmas in the cottage :)

CRinVA
12-12-2011, 07:27 AM
Christmastown at busch gardens is lots of fun.

Nice to know Brice - we are really excited about going! Since my daughter and huysband are season ticket holders at Busch Gardens we got the tickets at a discount. And free parking for one of the vehicles!

Brice
12-12-2011, 07:31 AM
When I was young and lived mostly in the Va. Bch./Norfolk/Chesapeake area we went to Busch Gardens, Water Country, and King's Dominion quite a bit. It's been years since I've been now. I am certain y'all will have a good time.

evilash
12-12-2011, 08:03 AM
All I want is TIME. I need to do some serious reading (I am so behind)!

Bethany
12-12-2011, 09:05 AM
I'm such a simpleton. For me, the real gift is someone thinking of me and putting some thought and effort in to getting me something. I hate obligatory, oh hey, I found 8 of these on sale last Christmas so here ya go, gifts.

Ricky
12-12-2011, 11:58 AM
There's a bunch of books and DVDs I want, but aside from that, I'd like an iPod touch. Might have to buy that one after Christmas, though. z

When I was young and lived mostly in the Va. Bch./Norfolk/Chesapeake area we went to Busch Gardens, Water Country, and King's Dominion quite a bit. It's been years since I've been now. I am certain y'all will have a good time.

I absolutely love Kings Dominion. Probably my favorite theme park (besides Hershey).

I'm such a simpleton. For me, the real gift is someone thinking of me and putting some thought and effort in to getting me something. I hate obligatory, oh hey, I found 8 of these on sale last Christmas so here ya go, gifts.

;)

Emily
12-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't really care about what I'm getting this year (except for this one sweatshirt that I really want) but what I AM excited about are the gifts I got for other people! Ever have one of those years where EVERYTHING you get for the people you love suits them perfectly and you're positive they're going to really like it because it's personal and unique? ME NEITHER, except for this year! I'm so excited to give gifts out that when I think about it I start like bouncing up and down and getting giddy. I even found a little Batman and Robin playset for my nephew that has the Batcave and Batmobile and a helicopter! God, I love Christmas so much.

Brice
12-12-2011, 01:47 PM
I've always put more care into what I give than what I get...though I do love presents.

Bethany
12-12-2011, 01:47 PM
That's me, Em. I have been able to score the most absolute perfect gift this year and I am dying to give it!

fernandito
12-12-2011, 01:50 PM
A beer.

Brice
12-12-2011, 01:55 PM
:lol:

mystima
12-12-2011, 05:29 PM
Books, Books, and did I mention Books....lol...I got my kids some really cool gifts this year. They have been clamoring for MP3 players all year and was able to score 2 at the local pawn shop. so they will be really happy this year! :lol1:

Brice
12-12-2011, 06:26 PM
very cool!

Jimimck
12-12-2011, 07:44 PM
My wife is preggers with our first, and we don't know the sex yet (come to think of it, I don't remember the sex that resulted in this situation either!) - due end of March so Christmas is a bit early to wish for Christmas Baby.

I'd like a Christmas holiday to New York, to go ice skating at the Rockefeller Centre, shopping at FAO Schwarz, drinks at the Plaza, see a show on Braodway, slice of pizza at any pizza joint, and to finally experience a white Christmas day (Christmas = summer here)

Hannah
12-13-2011, 05:58 PM
I'd love for my mom and sis to stop fighting and stuff so we can have a old fashioned Christmas with the whole fam. Also, I want the new Zelda 3DS bundle (with Ocarina of Time!) from Nintendo.

Merlin1958
12-13-2011, 06:03 PM
1/2 my family is in NYC right now. All I want is Bagel's and Knishes!!!! LOL

And my "Honey" to come home!!!

Jimimck
12-13-2011, 06:32 PM
1/2 my family is in NYC right now. All I want is Bagel's and Knishes!!!! LOL

My wife would trade me in for a slice of NY baked cheese cake just like that!

Brice
12-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Awww!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah, in my family at least it wouldn't be an old- fashioned christmas without the fights.

*sigh*

Ok, what I want for christmas is for somebody to get completely, sloppy drunk and bounce the christmas tree against the opposite wall while shouting there ain't gonna' be no fuckin' christmas. :rofl:

mystima
12-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Awww!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah, in my family at least it wouldn't be an old- fashioned christmas without the fights.

*sigh*

Ok, what I want for christmas is for somebody to get completely, sloppy drunk and bounce the christmas tree against the opposite wall while shouting there ain't gonna' be no fuckin' christmas. :rofl:

I think I saw that on an episode of Jerry Springer....lol...

Brice
12-14-2011, 01:56 AM
I don't remember being on there. :unsure:

Iwritecode
12-14-2011, 07:58 AM
I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle.

Flygrl
12-14-2011, 08:11 AM
I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle.

So that's what Ralph said. Hmm. I've been trying to figure that out since I was old enough to gibber.

evilash
12-14-2011, 08:16 AM
My favorite Christmas movie of all time! Everything about it rings so true, it is sweet without being sappy and the tongue on the flagpole scene is still great! Oh, and the pygamas...!

Ricky
12-14-2011, 10:56 AM
My wife would trade me in for a slice of NY baked cheese cake just like that!

There are very few things that I wouldn't trade in for a slice of NY cheesecake. :lol:

That made my day. :)

Iwritecode
12-15-2011, 08:27 AM
My favorite Christmas movie of all time! Everything about it rings so true, it is sweet without being sappy and the tongue on the flagpole scene is still great! Oh, and the pygamas...!

I have this hanging on my tree. You push a button and it plays a few lines from the movie.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_eh1Cjahn5Hk/TQGmee5dy9I/AAAAAAAAD3A/qYpsLcuAOpI/DSC04222Copy_thumb3.jpg

"Stuck? Stuck? STUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!"

I've also got this one. When you open it you get the "fra-gee-lay" quote.

http://www.ornament-shop.com/pic/08/qxi7044.jpg

Brice
12-15-2011, 08:27 AM
:thumbsup:

Heather19
12-15-2011, 08:45 AM
I want that!!!
I have a different leg lamp one that will light up and say quotes from the film. And I have Ralphie dressed as the pink bunny :D

cozener
12-15-2011, 01:32 PM
For me it was an electric train. I wanted an electric train so bad. I asked for one for 4 years straight. Never got it.

OchrisO
12-15-2011, 04:08 PM
When I was very young I really wanted the Omega Supreme Transformer(http://www.oafe.net/yo/tf_omsup.php) but never got it because it was pretty expensive for an action figure.

Odetta
12-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Easy Bake Oven - My parents bought me the cupcake mixes, but not the oven, as if that was supposed to suffice.

Iwritecode
12-16-2011, 07:58 AM
When I was very young I really wanted the Omega Supreme Transformer(http://www.oafe.net/yo/tf_omsup.php) but never got it because it was pretty expensive for an action figure.

When I was a kid my parents actually found that at a garage sale and bought it for me. It worked and everything. Just a few years ago I sold all my transformers including Omega Supreme. I made enough to take my family on a vacation.

Iwritecode
12-16-2011, 08:01 AM
To actually answer the question in the original post, I wanted this for a long time and never got it:

http://www.toyarchive.com/He-Man/Toys/Playsets/Eternia.html

I have almost every other He-Man toy they made. In fact, I still have them all boxed up in my parents garage.

ICry4Oy
12-16-2011, 08:09 AM
Easy Bake Oven

Me too :(

Leah
12-16-2011, 08:45 AM
A red rifle bb gun but mom said I'd shoot my eye out! ;)

Bethany
12-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Pearls. If you know me, you know I'm not one to be wanting things but when I was married, I wanted some pearls more than anything. And before you men get all haughty and start griping about not being mind readers let me say I was completely clear about this. "Hey, I want some pearls. Why don't you get me pearls for Christmas/anniversary/birthday. Look, ________ has a sale on pearls; you know I want some. I WANT PEARLS!" Absolutely nothing vague or ambiguous about that, is there? He never got me any.

Jean
12-16-2011, 10:07 AM
why why why????? they can't be too expensive. Even I can afford them, I brought them to my wife from Paris, they are dirt cheap there. You are MADE for pearls. If ladies can be compared to jewels (which they are), you ARE a pearl.

Bethany
12-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Silly Bear, I must tell you about my ex one day.

And thanks :blush: I guess i *am* a pearl...I annoy you for so long you have to pay attention to me :rofl:

Jean
12-16-2011, 10:22 AM
never heard pearls were annoying - another pun or allusion I am missing?

Ladies are jewels. For example, Lisa is an obvious garnet, and Letti an emerauld, while my Lady Linda - a typical ruby.

And, while we are talking about the obvious and typical, am I right in surmising that your ex was an obvious and typical asshole?

Bethany
12-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Pearls are made when a grain of sand gets in the oyster and irritates it :P
I may be biased but I think his assholery was above average.

Jean
12-16-2011, 11:58 AM
yes, I guessed that much...

pathoftheturtle
12-16-2011, 12:35 PM
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/POTT2007/omni1.jpg

cozener
12-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Pearls. If you know me, you know I'm not one to be wanting things but when I was married, I wanted some pearls more than anything. And before you men get all haughty and start griping about not being mind readers let me say I was completely clear about this. "Hey, I want some pearls. Why don't you get me pearls for Christmas/anniversary/birthday. Look, ________ has a sale on pearls; you know I want some. I WANT PEARLS!" Absolutely nothing vague or ambiguous about that, is there? He never got me any. I'm sorry but you were being far too subtle. I really wish women would just say what they mean.

Oh...

never heard pearls were annoying - another pun or allusion I am missing?I can't believe I'm in before a "necklace" reference came up. :lol:

Emily
12-16-2011, 03:36 PM
This isn't totally relevant since it isn't about Christmas, but in general I've never been given flowers and it makes me sad. I love flowers. And like 80% of my female friends are like "Omq I hatE flowerz they r pOiNtLeSs n just DIE anywayz I am going 2 b UnIqUe and wEiRd n say I don't like flowers." And they've all gotten them. Alright I'm done complaining and making fun of my friends BUT really why can't I just meet a nice boy who is old fashioned and buys me flowers?

Heather19
12-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Ditto!

I always wanted an American Girl doll when I was little but they were way to expensive so I never got one :( And it's crazy the empire that it's become now. I was just in their store the other day and it's insane. I still remember when it first started and there were only 3. Now there's millions, plus babies, and miniature versions of every doll!

Leah
12-17-2011, 12:13 AM
I have always wanted a canoe!

Bethany
12-17-2011, 07:48 AM
Pearls. If you know me, you know I'm not one to be wanting things but when I was married, I wanted some pearls more than anything. And before you men get all haughty and start griping about not being mind readers let me say I was completely clear about this. "Hey, I want some pearls. Why don't you get me pearls for Christmas/anniversary/birthday. Look, ________ has a sale on pearls; you know I want some. I WANT PEARLS!" Absolutely nothing vague or ambiguous about that, is there? He never got me any. I'm sorry but you were being far too subtle. I really wish women would just say what they mean.

Oh...

never heard pearls were annoying - another pun or allusion I am missing?I can't believe I'm in before a "necklace" reference came up. :lol:

HAHHA! Please note I purposefully did not say "necklace" at all.

Ka-mai
12-17-2011, 07:18 PM
I used to be one of those girls who said I didn't want flowers. Then I got jealous when I saw other girls get flowers and stopped saying it. I have gotten flowers a couple times now and they are great. :D

Heather, I hate how Mattel ruined the American Girl franchise. It breaks my heart. They retired Samantha, and I can't forgive that. :angry:

Speaking of which, I wanted the brass bed for my Samantha doll. It was pretty expensive ($60 as I recall) so my mom never bought it. She said I could have the bed for another one of the dolls (they were all cheaper) but I wanted Samantha's bed, damn it. It was for her. I wouldn't put her in Kirsten's clothes, why would I get her Kirsten's bed? I took my American Girl dolls seriously. :lol: I guess it's okay though because it's one less thing for me to lug around, I keep everything from my childhood.

Heather19
12-17-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm so jealous! And how could they retire Samantha? She was one of the originals.

Ka-mai
12-18-2011, 08:38 AM
They also retired Kirsten and Felicity. Bastards. I actually have a post about this in the D&B thread. Mattel also instituted a "girl of the year" doll, who is available for one year. New doll every year. If that isn't a horribly diabolic thing to market to little girls, I don't know what is.

PS: Those dolls are $100.

Heather19
12-18-2011, 09:23 AM
I know, that's a crazy high price for a doll! That's why I never got one :cry:

Brice
12-18-2011, 11:20 AM
We should make $100,000 dolls and market them to the children of the filthy rich. :evil:

mystima
12-18-2011, 06:41 PM
I got my husband a T-Shirt with the Flagpole picture and it says "I Triple Dog Dare Ya!"

Merlin1958
12-18-2011, 07:21 PM
All I want for Christmas this year is "Peace on Earth and goodwill to all mankind"!!!

Made ya all do a double-take didn't I? LOL

Happy Holidays to all!!!

Ka-mai
12-18-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm sure Mattel would love to hear your ideas on that. <_< :P

pathoftheturtle
12-19-2011, 06:07 AM
I'll go buy potted flowers for a girl. A live plant. Then she feels like she has to take care of them. Perfect punishment for whining about cut ones dying.

Jon
12-19-2011, 06:10 AM
I want that special lady to hold by the fire.

Jon
12-19-2011, 06:35 AM
I've always wanted an RC model airplane.

Merlin1958
12-20-2011, 06:31 PM
I want that special lady to hold by the fire.

Don't we all!!!! My sincere best wishes to you, Jon. If anyone here deserves a break it is you!!! I'm pulling for ya, Bud!!!! Have a Happy Holiday!!!!

Jon
12-21-2011, 05:33 AM
No I meant to literally hold by the fire...like the smell of burning hair.

Brice
12-21-2011, 09:05 PM
:rofl: Only Jon!

Ka-mai
12-22-2011, 06:54 AM
:lol:

I want a car. While I'm asking for something ridiculous, I want a brand new hybrid car in pale green. With one of those giant bows on it like the commercials have. And a kitten sitting in the passenger seat. :P

Letti
12-23-2011, 12:46 AM
I always wanted a Baywatch Barbie so much (there was a plastic dolphin with it, omg) that I promised myself when I had money as a grown up I would buy it immediately. But that damn Baywatch Barbie is still so incredibly expensive that I still can't buy it. :D Anyway I would. I promised the little me.
*sigh* That's how dreams get lost..

evilash
12-23-2011, 06:17 AM
Mine was Hugo: Man of a Thousand Faces. I still get giddy thinking about it. I may need to track one down and treat myself ... Hmmmmmm

becca69
12-23-2011, 08:04 AM
I wanted a 356 that looked like this. It sat in an old gas station across from our condo in Ocean City, MD. every summer, for years. It was $4500/obo and needed some TLC. I begged my dad to buy it every summer (he restores cars for a hobby). The Christmas before I turned 17 he said if the car was there that summer, he would buy it for me. I bet you can guess what was not in the parking lot that year...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a235/becca3969/Car%20pics/356blue.jpg

although I did end up with a lime green Kharman Ghia with a tag that said POORSH1.

ICry4Oy
12-23-2011, 10:14 AM
My first car was a Studebaker Lark that cost $50 that I had to pick cotton and mow lawns to buy :(

becca69
12-23-2011, 12:49 PM
My first car was a Studebaker Lark that cost $50 that I had to pick cotton and mow lawns to buy :(

those are cute. was it convertible?

Jon
12-23-2011, 11:38 PM
I always wanted a Baywatch Barbie so much (there was a plastic dolphin with it, omg) that I promised myself when I had money as a grown up I would buy it immediately. But that damn Baywatch Barbie is still so incredibly expensive that I still can't buy it. :D Anyway I would. I promised the little me.
*sigh* That's how dreams get lost..

A Real Keeper

I am the Keeper of the land of dead dreams.

Death by neglect, despair and death by disinterest

Interest in the new bike gave way with age

Adulthood brought other dreams:: and nightmares

Nightmares of poverty: dream; financial success.

And financial success would go to your head?

No thoughts for the poor? No mercy for the weak?

Weakness you label a disgusting, fatal flaw.

And if your flaw is, in fact, poverty

To be impoverished is to cry for alms?

Alms; they do not teach a man to fish.

Fishing feeds for a lifetime. Education?

Education is refuse at the pearly or fiery gates?

I, The Gatekeeper, await with your new bike Barbie.