PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon a Time

tippy4
12-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Can't believe I am the first to start this thread, since the show has been on for five weeks.

There was a LOST Easter Egg in this week's episode (the dragon episode).

Anyone else spot it?

OchrisO
12-06-2011, 11:26 PM
I have been really enjoying it. I had posted a bit about it in the general television thread. It sort of reminds me of the comic book Fables. I hope enough people are watching it that it sticks around.

Bev Vincent
12-07-2011, 02:51 AM
I'm enjoying it, too. I'm a big fan of Jennifer Morrison and it's great that she's getting a spotlight role. I'm not sure how they're going to sustain the idea, though. What happens when someone starts remembering the truth?

CRinVA
12-07-2011, 09:11 AM
I have been a Jennifer Morrison fan since her days as Dr. Cameron on House. Also wondering how long they can keep the story line up.

Lana Parilla as the evil witch is pretty darn sexy too!

Bev Vincent
12-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Did you see Morrison when she was on How I Met Your Mother for several episodes -- that's when I really became impressed with her.

CRinVA
12-07-2011, 10:31 AM
I have seen so few of that show! Even with the DVR there are only so many hours in the day. :-)

Hannah
12-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Can't believe I am the first to start this thread, since the show has been on for five weeks.

There was a LOST Easter Egg in this week's episode (the dragon episode).

Anyone else spot it?

I'm glad someone else noticed those! I've caught a couple of Lost references - the Apollo bars Henry carried and Widmore's brand of whiskey at Snow White's house. Pretty sweet.

mae
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM
I tried the first episode and it felt very tedious.

mystima
12-07-2011, 05:23 PM
I tried to get into it but is getting hard to...It seems IMO that they are trying to hard with the flash backs but that is part of the story...lol...story!!! Will try to watch a little more to see if I can get into this show.

Hannah
12-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I watch it with my nine year old daughter, so ... it gives us something to watch together and I don't have to worry too much about screening it beforehand. It does remind me of Fables, but not as awesome.

ICry4Oy
05-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Loved the finale! I also believe it has been continued for another season.

Shannon
05-14-2012, 10:23 AM
I can't believe i haven't posted here before. Amber and i like this show a lot. And yes, there are lots of Lost references, which i love. "Glass... Swan", anyone? 8:15, 108, so many.

tippy4
05-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Ah...I did not catch the Emma Swan reference..the hatch!

Explain the Glass reference to me...not getting it.

I did notice Regina's address was 108.

Merlin1958
05-19-2012, 01:13 PM
I can't believe i haven't posted here before. Amber and i like this show a lot. And yes, there are lots of Lost references, which i love. "Glass... Swan", anyone? 8:15, 108, so many.

Oh man!! Now I gotta go back and rewatch everything!!! LOL

Shannon
05-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Well, you have the Looking Glass and the Swan Station. Just googled Once Upon A Time Lost references, there are quite a few out there that I didn't really think about. But also, thereare some that go a little too far ("He has a blue cup! Richard from Lost had a blue cup that looked just like that!") lol

tippy4
05-19-2012, 09:33 PM
I got that there was a Looking Glass Station on Lost....just not sure the "Glass" reference in OUAT.

Probably right in front of my face and missing it.

Yeah...I too saw that blue cup thing earlier.....they were probably just recycling props.

Hey..I hear the characters on both shows breath O2 !!!!!!!

lol

Shannon
05-19-2012, 10:00 PM
lol!

You DID see the Oceanic plane fly overhead in Once Upon A Time though, right?

Merlin1958
10-30-2012, 06:01 PM

Ah...I did not catch the Emma Swan reference..the hatch!

Explain the Glass reference to me...not getting it.

I did notice Regina's address was 108.

Oh man!! Now I gotta go back and rewatch everything!!! LOL

Well, you have the Looking Glass and the Swan Station. Just googled Once Upon A Time Lost references, there are quite a few out there that I didn't really think about. But also, thereare some that go a little too far ("He has a blue cup! Richard from Lost had a blue cup that looked just like that!") lol

I got that there was a Looking Glass Station on Lost....just not sure the "Glass" reference in OUAT.

Probably right in front of my face and missing it.

Yeah...I too saw that blue cup thing earlier.....they were probably just recycling props.

Hey..I hear the characters on both shows breath O2 !!!!!!!

lol

lol!

You DID see the Oceanic plane fly overhead in Once Upon A Time though, right?

Oh man, what was I thinking in subscribing to this thread!!! "Lost" references. really? I must have been crazy with fever at the time!! LOL

New season of OUAT has been rather cool so far. I still enjoy the show!!

CRinVA
11-01-2012, 05:38 AM
it's one show we never miss! Can't wait to see "Hurley" as the "Giant" at the top of the beanstalk!

I love their skew on the traditional fairytales.

Bev Vincent
11-01-2012, 06:31 AM
This week is supposed to feature Emma's (Jennifer Morrison) backstory.

Shannon
11-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Latest episode spoiler:

Frankenstein, really? Come on ... What's next, Harry Potter and Wolverine?

CRinVA
11-01-2012, 10:18 AM
ah just an ode to Halloween! Lots of craziness on shows I watch! :-)

:-)

As long as the TMNTs don't show up!

Shannon
11-01-2012, 10:34 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Jaguars?

CRinVA
11-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Teenage Mutant Ninja Jaguars?
Not sure what you're talking about!- Oh thx!

stkmw02
11-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Mmmm Apollo bars.

Bev Vincent
11-07-2012, 02:11 PM
And Hurley. Can't have one without the other.

Merlin1958
11-08-2012, 12:47 PM

Bev? "Lost" is over..... Time to move on, my friend!!!

We all wasted 6 years of TV viewing on that one!!!

stkmw02
11-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Lost is never over, Bill.... it's an infinite time loop with alternate realities that we simply aren't privy to anymore. ;)

Bev Vincent
11-09-2012, 07:18 AM
What she said!

Merlin1958
11-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Lost is never over, Bill.... it's an infinite time loop with alternate realities that we simply aren't privy to anymore. ;)

"Lost" was writer's in a room week to week smoking a joint and writing to get more weed money!! LOL LOL

:cool:

tippy4
11-10-2012, 01:22 PM

Come on Bill....Wasted?.......That was a great show with a less than stellar ending.

It's about the journey....not the destination.

Merlin1958
11-10-2012, 04:36 PM

Come on Bill....Wasted?.......That was a great show with a less than stellar ending.

It's about the journey....not the destination.

I know and ths is the last I will speak of it here, nut to me the Less than stellar ending, canon-wise, rendered, alot of significant plot points meaningless. I was so looking forward to interesting and challenging answers!!!

Sorry to go so off topic all!!

CRinVA
11-14-2012, 06:40 AM
A new take on Little Red Riding Hood! Loved it!

Bev Vincent
11-14-2012, 06:49 AM
The earlier episode that featured Red Riding Hood was truly inspired, I thought. A great take on the legend -- she's both Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf!

tippy4
03-30-2013, 08:12 PM
This week's episode opens with August/Pinnochio waking up at 8:15....as in.....

4 8 15 16 23 42.

I think it is enough with the Lost Easter Eggs already.....that show has been over for years, and for the most part has faded away.

Don't get me wrong....I liked Lost and was hooked on it when it was on....but as soon as it was done.....it was done.

I wonder if OUAT will get a third season.