PDA

View Full Version : Homeland

Hannah
11-09-2011, 09:50 AM
So I think some of us are watching this. I really like this show. It's not usually the type of show I watch, but I got hooked from the first episode. I'm dying to know everyone else's opinions.

Has Brody been turned? Is he a terrorist?

Ricky
11-09-2011, 02:01 PM
I was intrigued by the promos, but was worried that it was going to be too much of a political/CIA driven show. Sure there's elements of both throughout, but it's not what I originally thought. I'm really loving it. It's my favorite new Fall show.

Probably the biggest thing on my mind right now: how in the world did Brody pass the lie detector test? Also, what in the world is Carrie thinking (or not thinking)?

Hannah
11-09-2011, 02:51 PM
I am thinking he may have taken a beta-blocker. Something to calm him and lower his blood pressure.

My question is: knowing that Carrie was probably going to be watching his test, why on earth did he not answer truthfully to the faithfulness question? You'd think that he'd have realized that was a huge red flag for her that would tip her off that his other answers could be undetected lies as well.

Ricky
11-09-2011, 04:31 PM
My thought was that he knew that her job would be in serious jeopardy if she ever gave them the reason how she knew he was lying, and he figured that she would never give that up so his lies are safe.

mae
11-09-2011, 06:35 PM
This is an awesome series. Something for the "24" fans. One of my favorites now.

Hannah
11-10-2011, 09:30 AM
My thought was that he knew that her job would be in serious jeopardy if she ever gave them the reason how she knew he was lying, and he figured that she would never give that up so his lies are safe.

So he doesn't care if she knows that he can pass the lie detector test and all of the other answers he may have given were lies?

Did he pass Hamid (was that the guy's name) the razor blade? Or was he telling the truth?

So many questions. I love this show.

Shannon
11-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Watching this, a couple episodes behind. Something I will remedy this three-day weekend! :)

Ricky
11-11-2011, 08:50 AM

So he doesn't care if she knows that he can pass the lie detector test and all of the other answers he may have given were lies?

I don't think he does care because aside from Carrie's admittance of sleeping with him, they've got no proof to convict him. And like I said, there's no way that Carrie would risk her job by admitting that. She'll most likely find another way to incriminate or frame him, which I really look forward to.

Hannah
11-15-2011, 09:02 AM
Oh shit...

DO NOT CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T CAUGHT UP TO ALL EPISODES, MAJOR SPOILER BELOW.
The POW that was turned is Tom Walker.

I did not see that coming.

mae
11-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Yeah that was a great twist.

Ricky
11-16-2011, 02:19 PM
I think I say this every week, but Sunday's episode was probably my favorite. So much good stuff thrown in there that I didn't think would be addressed until the finale.

mae
12-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Great stuff the last episode. Two left, I have no idea what's coming. I wonder what the second season will be dealing with. Brodie the Senator?

Ricky
12-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Does anyone else still not entirely trust Brody? The last episode has really got me second guessing his motives.

Hannah
12-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I have no idea what's going on with him at this point. I definitely don't trust him, but I can't make my mind up one way or another about him. It looked like Carrie has a breakdown next episode from the preview. That should be interesting.

mae
12-07-2011, 01:31 PM
I try to never watch the previews.

But Brodie's definitely up to something, obviously.

Ricky
12-08-2011, 02:34 PM
Regardless, I'm really excited for Sunday's episode. Carrie's supposed breakdown looks like she might be making some regrettable decisions.

Hannah
12-08-2011, 07:56 PM
I try to never watch the previews.

But Brodie's definitely up to something, obviously.

And I try not to nap under my desk at work, eat more chocolate than I should or make fun of people when they fall down ... but that never works out for me. Live a little, pablo!

mae
12-08-2011, 09:28 PM
But spoilers, Hannah, spoilers! :panic:

Hannah
12-09-2011, 01:51 PM
There's never any actual spoilers in the previews ... just misleading snippets of scenes to come that will make you think something is going to happen that is totally not what's going to happen.

Jean
10-14-2012, 11:12 AM
thread resurrected for Ricky

Tito_Villa
10-14-2012, 11:36 AM
I love this programme!!!

Ricky
10-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks, Jean! This thread has been pretty dead for awhile and I need to talk about it with someone!

What did you think of the final minutes of last week's episode, Tom?

Bev Vincent
10-20-2012, 06:00 AM
I just started watching the first season -- it's very good.