PDA

View Full Version : American Horror Story

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tatts4Life
10-26-2011, 05:21 AM
So is anybody watching this show? I've been watching it and i have to say that it is MESSED UP. I love it but man is it creepy. The people that are watching it what do you think of it?

Garrell
10-26-2011, 05:29 AM
Like it so far...

Erin
10-26-2011, 05:45 AM
I'm totally digging it so far! If you like the show, you should totally check out EW.com's recaps of the show each week. Doc Jensen writes the reviews (he was their reviewer for LOST when it was on) and does really, really indepth stuff. He's noticed all sorts of things I haven't caught with the show on my own like color themes, and pictures in the house's stained glass windows that depict stuff yet to come on the show.

I'm absolutely loving Jessica Lange's character, Constance. She's so awesome. I'm still torn, however, on if she's dead herself or not. I guess we will find out soon. I also think Tate is her son.

Also....Ben. What an ass. I hope he dies a horrible, violent death soon.

DoctorDodge
10-26-2011, 05:54 AM
Hmmm, I haven't heard of this show anywhere else except for on these boards. Probably have to wait for it to be transmitted over here. Or wait for the remake, British Horror Story, set in Norwhich.

Erin
10-26-2011, 05:59 AM
It's really great, James. Super creepy stuff for being on TV.

DoctorDodge
10-26-2011, 06:05 AM
A lot of people here do seem to be enjoying it, I will say that. I was initially put off by the title, as a lot of tv that tries to do scary usually fails badly, but now it sounds like it's worth checking out. Something else to add to the "wait for the box set" list then, I think.

Oh, and Erin,

It's really great, James.

How'd you know it was me?

*Said while eating packet of jelly cubes and watching Tom Baker's ridiculously long scarf*

pathoftheturtle
10-26-2011, 06:07 AM
Also....Ben. What an ass. I hope he dies a horrible, violent death soon.But it would seem that then the series would be about finished, right? That's the irony of a TV series like this: how long can they keep up suspense of horrible fates around the next corner before everyone is dead or SOME irrevocable change occurs?

Erin
10-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Zagreus - Oh, the Dr. Who love didn't give it away or anything. :P

Betelgeuse (I don't know who you are :lol:) - I'm guessing if they want to keep it going, they will need to follow different families who move into the house each season? But you're right, this type of show may not last longer than a season, even if it's good.

ICry4Oy
10-26-2011, 06:16 AM
I like Ben! It's the emo daughter I'd like to see stabbed to death.

pathoftheturtle
10-26-2011, 06:42 AM
When you cover up a murder, you're halfway to being a murderer.Implies to me an insidious strategy to corrupt. Particularly given the agent.

Heather19
10-26-2011, 02:29 PM
I'm loving this show so far.

I like Ben! It's the emo daughter I'd like to see stabbed to death.

Yeah she kinda irritates me too :lol:

RUBE
10-26-2011, 08:12 PM
This show had me creeped out at first but now that they are revealing the house's past bit by bit I am really being drawn in. I can't wait to see what happens in the second half of the Halloween episode.

BTW,I totally called the baby being "frankensteined" together when discussing this show with a friend at work. Everything that is happening goes back to the death of the original owner's child and it is possible that Tate is the child in a slightly older form, sort of how the maid aged despite being dead. I thought he might be the rubber man too but now that they already showed Tate in the suit I think it must be someone or something else because they would not give that away so soon.

OchrisO
10-26-2011, 08:21 PM
I will always be cracked up by the father seeing the sexy maid while everyone else sees the mom from Six Feet Under, no matter how many times they use that mechanic.

I love this show. I hope a lot of people are watching iot so that it doesn't get cancelled.

I am just starting tonight's episode of my dv-r. Looks to be a Halloween one. A show that is already so seeped in horror doing a Halloween episode seems redundant. haha.

mae
10-27-2011, 05:10 AM
Reading only awesome things about this. Have the first four episodes on my DVR, will go through them on Monday :)

Erin
10-27-2011, 05:10 AM
I love the actor playing Tate, that kid is creepy as hell. Soooooooo sad about Attie or Addie or whatever her name is. I wonder if her ghost made it.

I really enjoy this show as well, but all during last night's episode, DirecTV was running adds saying Fox is asking for a price increase of 40% so if a deal is not reached, they will be dropping all Fox channels, including FX, on November 1st. There was also several commercials filmed by the producers of American Horror Story telling DirecTV subscribers about what was going on and asking them to protest to Fox to keep the channels on. :( I really really hope they reach a deal so I can keep watching easily.

OchrisO
10-27-2011, 05:25 AM
I love the actor playing Tate, that kid is creepy as hell. Soooooooo sad about Attie or Addie or whatever her name is. I wonder if her ghost made it.

I really enjoy this show as well, but all during last night's episode, DirecTV was running adds saying Fox is asking for a price increase of 40% so if a deal is not reached, they will be dropping all Fox channels, including FX, on November 1st. There was also several commercials filmed by the producers of American Horror Story telling DirecTV subscribers about what was going on and asking them to protest to Fox to keep the channels on. :( I really really hope they reach a deal so I can keep watching easily.

That's just DirectTV trying to leverage. Dropping Fox channels would be commercial suicide. American Idol is on Fox. Plus there are some quite popular shows like Sons of Anarchy on FX. They will say they are going to drop it hoping Fox will back down. They probably will at least somewhat, but DirectTV will keep them either way, because to do otherwise would lose too many subscribers.

Tatts4Life
10-27-2011, 05:35 AM
Reading only awesome things about this. Have the first four episodes on my DVR, will go through them on Monday :)

LOL that's funny because they are showing all four episodes back to back on Monday starting at 10.

We're gonna watch last nights episode tonight. The first two episodes were great but my favorite so far is the Pilot.
The best part is after the wife and husband have sex then the guy shows up in the gimp suit and fucks the wife while the husband is down stairs day dreaming or what ever. My wife looked at me and said "I'M OUT! This show is fucked up." Of course she missed the Strangers episode which see thinks is the scariest movie she's ever seen. Also the woman playing the young maid looks so familiar but the only show i would of recognized her from would be true blood. But I swear I've seen her some place else or it's somebody who looks a lot like her.

Tatts4Life
10-27-2011, 05:38 AM

That sucks, DirecTV would piss off a lot of people if the dropped fox channels. We use to have DirecTV but got rid of it because the signal would constantly drop. Thank god we got rid of it and got Fios. Because a couple months later DirecTV dropped G4.

Erin
10-27-2011, 05:43 AM
I had Time Warner Cable and they pissed me off 1 too many times, so we switched to DirecTV. So far, we haven't had any problems at all, until this thing.

You're right, Chris, I'm sure they wouldn't be dumb enough to really drop them. I remember right before we switched from Time Warner, they were running ads on Fox about negotiations and possibly dropping Fox (which obviously didn't happen), but I remember my uncle being pissed that he might not be able to watch the Super Bowl at home if they had done that.

Iwritecode
10-27-2011, 06:57 AM
This news about FX and DirectTV really sucks. I already can't watch Sons of Anarchy or American Horror story because they are on too late for me, I have no way to record them and they don't show the streaming episodes anywhere online.

I was leaning towards getting DirectTV simply so I would have a DVR to record the shows.

Now this... :pullhair:

Heather19
10-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Do you have ondemand? They put them up on there, but for some reason they'll wait and post last weeks episode the day after the new one. Also the FX website has them up online to watch.

Iwritecode
10-27-2011, 07:13 AM
Do you have ondemand? They put them up on there, but for some reason they'll wait and post last weeks episode the day after the new one. Also the FX website has them up online to watch.

I stand corrected.

But they still don't have full episodes of Sons on the site. Which is the show I really wanted to watch.

I just have basic cable. I think I've got an old VCR somewhere to record shows but I've already missed half the season.

Erin
10-27-2011, 08:30 AM
Code....I'll keep you posted about what happens with DirecTV and FX, they said if it did happen, it would be Nov. 1st. But besides this, I love DirecTV and haven't had any problems. Plus they have great customer service.

RUBE
10-28-2011, 03:12 PM
I have Dish Network and this exact thing happened with them last year. We lost FX is the middle of the SOA season. I also lost Fox sports so I missed some football games too. Weird enough, they did not stop showing Fox News. Of course the regular Fox network was local so we did not lose that either. That lasted about a month and I am still behind on SOA.

Merlin1958
10-28-2011, 05:53 PM

I stand corrected.

But they still don't have full episodes of Sons on the site. Which is the show I really wanted to watch.

I just have basic cable. I think I've got an old VCR somewhere to record shows but I've already missed half the season.

Directv is "Da Bomb". I have had them since 1996 or 7 and I just can't say enough good things about these guys. Above average Customer service and picture quality is exceptional. Hate to lose "FX", but I ain't switching!!!!

I'll watch SOA online!!!

BTW, Piney is no longer!!!!

CRinVA
10-29-2011, 04:26 AM
SoA - all I can say is WTF!

Clay has gotta go - before he drags SAMCRO all the way into the gutter! RiP Piney. And Juice - his story line is gonna get worse I think!

Merlin1958
10-29-2011, 03:06 PM
I soooooo saw that coming!!! This is such an awesome show!!!!

American Horror Story on the other hand has been cut from the Tivo list!!!

Bev Vincent
10-31-2011, 01:12 PM
FX just renewed American Horror Story for a second 13-episode season. I'm digging it.

mae
10-31-2011, 04:27 PM
Awesome news! I still haven't had the chance to begin watching it but will rectify that ASAP and its good to know there is more coming.

Merlin1958
10-31-2011, 06:00 PM
FX just renewed American Horror Story for a second 13-episode season. I'm digging it.

Sure, with a 40% across the board rate increase to all subscriber's why not?

OchrisO
10-31-2011, 07:05 PM
It has nothing to do with that, but with the fact that the show has went up in ratings every single week since it started. The last episode ranked the #1 watched show for basic cable that night.

Merlin1958
10-31-2011, 07:09 PM
So? Hence the request for a "Raise" no? C'mon, we're gonna get it in the end. You know it right?

OchrisO
10-31-2011, 07:14 PM
So, there is no point in offhandedly discounting the success of an amazingly good show just because the company that happened to buy it is a shitty company. That show would have been picked up for a second season regardless of whether or not Fox was trying to raise its fees to broadcasters. It was picked up for a second season at a point when most new shows are just figuring out if they get the back 9 of the first season picked up.

Merlin1958
10-31-2011, 07:15 PM
So, there is no point in offhandedly discounting the success of an amazingly good show just because the company that happened to buy it is a shitty company. That show would have been picked up for a second season regardless of whether or not Fox was trying to raise its fees to broadcasters. It was picked up for a second season at a point when most new shows are just figuring out if they get the back 9 of the first season picked up.

No

OchrisO
11-01-2011, 01:18 AM
There was no question to which to answer no. Just facts.

Heather19
11-01-2011, 08:24 AM

Excellent news! This is one of my favorite new shows this season. I'm glad it'll be around for awhile.

pathoftheturtle
11-01-2011, 08:32 AM

Excellent news! This is one of my favorite new shows this season. I'm glad it'll be around for awhile.Agreed. :)

For a second, though, I read that as "FX just renamed American Horror Story..."
Too bad they didn't: dumb title may be the worst thing about it so far.

CRinVA
11-01-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm loving it - love the intro music montage or whatever you call that. It's perfect. Lovingthe story line(s) and the filling in of the blanks as episodes are aired. For those that missed, last night on FX they reran all 4 episodes back to back!

Erin
11-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Yay! DirecTV and Fox reached a deal yesterday evening, so I'll be enjoying tomorrow's new episode on my TV. :happy dance:

Tatts4Life
11-01-2011, 06:25 PM
SPOILER about last weeks episode that i finally got to watch.

Who thinks Addie is dead for good? I hope by the end of this season they show what the hell is living in the basement.

RUBE
11-01-2011, 06:42 PM
I assume that you just mean actually show a full shot of it on screen because they already revealed what it is.

It is the frankensteined baby from the original owners.

Jon
11-02-2011, 04:22 AM
I'm into the hot red head maid. An illusion I know but...Mmmm

Tatts4Life
11-02-2011, 04:22 AM
well yeah a full shot of it. I forgot they revealed that part.

Tatts4Life
11-02-2011, 04:24 AM
I'm into the hot red head maid. An illusion I know but...Mmmm

I looked her up on IMDB trying to figure out where I recognize her from and only thing that pops up that I know is a wichian from last season on True Blood. which doesn't make sense since I recognize her with the dark red hair.

pathoftheturtle
11-02-2011, 05:15 AM
I'm into the hot red head maid. An illusion I know but...Mmmmhttp://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/POTT2007/smileys/angry-smiley-014.gif

Jon
11-02-2011, 05:23 AM
I'm into the hot red head maid. An illusion I know but...Mmmmhttp://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/POTT2007/smileys/angry-smiley-014.gif

I want pictures of her!!

Bev Vincent
11-02-2011, 06:10 AM
http://brusimm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Alexandra-Breckenridge-in-American-Horror-Story.jpg

pathoftheturtle
11-02-2011, 06:32 AM
Speak of the devil...
... and there's Bev Vincent. :orely:

lol

Emily
11-02-2011, 03:37 PM
I watched an episode of this for the first time last night, in the dark by myself. I shouldn't have done that. I was actually really freaking scared after, I had to turn all the lights on. I like it so far, though. And I actually kind of like the girl playing Violet, I don't think she's annoying at all.

Tatts4Life
11-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Tempus did you watch the episode that had the people reenacting a murder that happened in the house?

Emily
11-02-2011, 04:58 PM
I watched the first Halloween one, I think it was last week's?

OchrisO
11-02-2011, 07:55 PM

Yep. The second part of it came on tonight. I have it dv-red and am about to start watching it now. I am pretty excited.

P.S. Nice to see you poking around these parts again. :)

Tatts4Life
11-03-2011, 04:18 AM

ah man that one is one of the tamer ones. If you said you watched the first episode or the one I mentioned then i would understand. The home invasion one kind of reminded me of the movie The Strangers. My wife is scared of that movie.

Jon
11-04-2011, 08:22 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/jonbug/ghostmaid.jpghttp://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a58/jonbug/oldmaid.jpg

Hannah
11-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Apparently male ghosts can't get it up. So no weird ghost babies? But what was up with black latex man impregnating Vivian?

Erin
11-05-2011, 06:02 PM
I have no idea. I also thought it was weird that Tate really honestly didn't seem to remember the kids in the school that he apparently killed. What was up with that?

OchrisO
11-05-2011, 07:36 PM
I figure it is more of a Tate thing than a ghost thing, but I sort of half watched a few parts so I may have missed something. Crazy folk who snap and kill a bunch of pope or become serial killers often have some sort of sexual issues.

Also, Ghosts in many stories often don't even realize that they are dead, so perhaps when he died he forgot what happened at the school because he killed himself at the end of it or something.

pathoftheturtle
11-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Tate has a look alike. It may be that his mental problems (fantasizing about doing a school shooting) come from being haunted by someone else's memories.

Bev Vincent
11-06-2011, 07:33 AM
There was something weird about the time-frame. One of the phantoms said that she should have been celebrating her 30-something birthday (I don't remember exactly what she said). Tate is too young to have been the killer in his flashbacks -- maybe it was something that happened in a past or alternate life? Could he be the ghost baby from the basement all grown up -- though Jessica Lange's character claims he's her son?

pathoftheturtle
11-06-2011, 08:37 AM
There was something weird about the time-frame. One of the phantoms said that she should have been celebrating her 30-something birthday (I don't remember exactly what she said). Tate is too young to have been the killer in his flashbacks -- maybe it was something that happened in a past or alternate life? Could he be the ghost baby from the basement all grown up -- though Jessica Lange's character claims he's her son?Maybe both. My theory is lookalikes. Maybe father and son, maybe some ghostly power of illusion.

Erin
11-06-2011, 10:58 AM
I was talking about all this with a friend last night and he thinks that the Rubber Man is Constance's husband that she killed in the flashback. He thinks this man is also Tate, who is just appearing young to some, but can appear older to others. I don't really know, but just thought I'd throw that out there, just in case.

Hannah
11-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Is that the official name for the black latex suit man? Rubber Man? I like that. I need to go read Doc Jensen's review of the shows. Have you read all of them, Erin? Are they as good as the LOST ones he wrote?

Bev Vincent
11-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Or, as Damon Lindelof calls him, The Man in Black.

Erin
11-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Hannah, that's what Doc Jensen is calling him. I've read all his reviews except the most recent one and I'm really enjoying them. They aren't quite as good as the Lost reviews were, but he's pointed out a lot of things so far that I didn't catch. Especially some really interesting stuff about color themes that keep popping up on the show and plot points from the show appearing in the stained glass windows of the house.

Bev - The Man In Black.....I like that! :lol:

Hannah
11-09-2011, 09:51 AM
I think I'll have to start reading his reviews then, Erin. I really liked his LOST columns. And even if I didn't read them Aaron would make sure I knew what Doc Jensen had to say, so maybe I'll tell Aaron to read them and he can just recap for me. :lol:

Shannon
11-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Love this show. This is one of our MUST WATCH THAT NIGHT shows. :)

ICry4Oy
11-10-2011, 07:16 PM
I love this show more every week!

pathoftheturtle
11-11-2011, 08:25 AM
I guess my lookalike idea is shot. But now I'm wondering how Constance hired Ben to psychoanalyze her son's ghost before he met her. Did she use a middleman? Did the middleman know that the patient is deceased? Don't therapists usually ask for I.D.? Or did I just miss something along the line somewhere?

Erin
11-11-2011, 08:39 AM
I just watched Wednesday night's show and LOVED it.

The beginning was super creepy and you could cut the tension with a knife. I really liked that they didn't show the murders, since we already knew what their wounds were, it just added to the tension as Tate walked around, knowing that they were all doomed. Speaking of Tate, I really enjoy what they are doing with his character. He's such a sympathetic character and you feel for him, even after finding out he was a mass murderer.

ICry4Oy
11-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Speaking of Tate, I really enjoy what they are doing with his character. He's such a sympathetic character and you feel for him, even after finding out he was a mass murderer.

I know, right! I asked myself after that episode, "why in hell am I feeling so bad and so sorry for this piece of shit?". I couldn't really answer myself. And as much as I wanted to set Constance on fire and throw gasoline on her after that, I've started warming up to her. I always loved her but it was more of a love to hate her. Now I'm starting to love to love her!

Girlystevedave
11-15-2011, 09:55 PM
What about Violet?! The first person to "get" her turns out to be a ghost who killed a bunch of people, and to top it off...he doesn't know he's dead.

This show is awesome.

DoctorDodge
11-16-2011, 03:10 AM
Dammit, I wish this show was free to watch in the UK! Not watching anything at the moment except Misfits, and this very much sounds like my cup of tea. Unfortunatly, I can only watch this show on cable, which I no longer have. Bugger.

OchrisO
11-16-2011, 03:45 AM
Dammit, I wish this show was free to watch in the UK! Not watching anything at the moment except Misfits, and this very much sounds like my cup of tea. Unfortunatly, I can only watch this show on cable, which I no longer have. Bugger.

The internet is a wonderful contraption.

DoctorDodge
11-16-2011, 04:03 AM
Yeah, as Heather discovered, when she got emails warning her that she had downloaded something illegally when she tried to watch Miracle Day! :P

OchrisO
11-16-2011, 04:05 AM
That's why you don't download, you stream.

DoctorDodge
11-16-2011, 04:14 AM
Alright, well I'll see what's online today, possibly tomorrow. It's just knowing which websites are reliable and which are full of trojan horses that are the trouble.

pathoftheturtle
11-16-2011, 06:29 AM
Speaking of Tate, I really enjoy what they are doing with his character. He's such a sympathetic character and you feel for him, even after finding out he was a mass murderer.

I know, right! I asked myself after that episode, "why in hell am I feeling so bad and so sorry for this piece of shit?". I couldn't really answer myself. And as much as I wanted to set Constance on fire and throw gasoline on her after that, I've started warming up to her. I always loved her but it was more of a love to hate her. Now I'm starting to love to love her!What about Violet?! The first person to "get" her turns out to be a ghost who killed a bunch of people, and to top it off...he doesn't know he's dead.

This show is awesome.I think I started watching for this --
Vivien: They didn't die in here, did they?
Realtor: Yes, actually. Murder suicide.
Violet: We'll take it!Her mind is definitely twisted, but I like her much more than the parents' attitude "Boo-hoo. We'd leave this haunted house if only we could afford it. Wah-wah."

RUBE
11-16-2011, 08:48 PM
Is it just me or is Constance responsible for half of the murders that happened in the house? I wonder why she was special enough to escape death or disfigurement (like her adulterous pryo-maniac lover) when no one else has. Also, why does she want the demon baby to be born so badly? Does it remind her of her own "special" children? I believe she had four so, after seeing the third, I wonder what the fourth was like.

Anyway, it was another great episode. I am excited for the coming revelation of the "man in black's" identity.

Girlystevedave
11-16-2011, 10:09 PM

Ugh! It's such a good show. And this is coming from someone who had absolutely no intentions of watching this show when I saw previews for it. But, I saw a few minutes of the premier and got hooked. :lol:

Is it just me or is Constance responsible for half of the murders that happened in the house? I wonder why she was special enough to escape death or disfigurement (like her adulterous pryo-maniac lover) when no one else has. Also, why does she want the demon baby to be born so badly? Does it remind her of her own "special" children? I believe she had four so, after seeing the third, I wonder what the fourth was like.

Anyway, it was another great episode. I am excited for the coming revelation of the "man in black's" identity.

Yes! I am definitely anxious to see the story behind the "man in black".

Also...I love Tate and I'm scared of what may happen to his character at some point.
I agree with the statements made earlier that, it's amazing to have such sympathy for a character that was capable of doing something so horrible.

Tatts4Life
11-18-2011, 08:50 AM
watched this weeks episode last night and loved it. And FINALLY we get to see who the rubber man is as he's called in the synopsis. At first from the previews I thought it was the guy who plays spock. But since they cut away as the guy is removing his mask IDK. ALSO I'm SLOW. It just realized that the guy with the half burned face plays Russel Edgington on True Blood. Of course when i figured it out I couldn't get his southern voice out of my head when he talked.

ICry4Oy
11-18-2011, 09:16 AM
I thought rubber man couldn't be either of the gay ghosts since he killed them? Maybe it's Jessica Lang's dead husband, but he didn't seem tall enough. Or maybe we haven't seen him or his ghost yet without the mask. Don't know but I do know I love this show more and more every week!

Girlystevedave
11-18-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm also wondering if Rubber Man may have been the father to Constance's kid too. (The one that was kept locked in the attic on this episode. I forgot his name) Wouldn't be too far fetched since something is obviously wrong with Vivien's children that he fathered. :orely:

Tatts4Life
11-18-2011, 02:14 PM
About what's her name having twins? That should be interesting.

mikeC
11-21-2011, 07:32 AM
I waited to enter this forum until I was all caught up.
This is the best show on tv in many many many years.
No wasted episodes, no teasing the audience, great writing, acting, the whole bit.
I'm glad it's doing well in the ratings.

Ben Staad
11-21-2011, 07:40 AM
I waited to enter this forum until I was all caught up.
This is the best show on tv in many many many years.
No wasted episodes, no teasing the audience, great writing, acting, the whole bit.
I'm glad it's doing well in the ratings.

I'm not sure if I think it's the best show in years however I will agree that the pacing has been fantastic. It seems that way to many shows I've liked over the last several years have really suffered from teasing the show along or wasting an episode (nothing happens during the show) for apparently no reason. A+ to AHS for keeping everything moving along.

Tatts4Life
11-21-2011, 10:36 AM
I love how they introduce a mystery and within a couple of episodes you get an answer.

Bev Vincent
11-21-2011, 10:56 AM
I agree -- we're learning a lot as the show goes along.

mikeC
11-22-2011, 08:36 AM
It is to me one the best shows in years.
I guess it's what you like, but for reasons I explained earlier that's why I think the show is great. Very rare to have a horror show be serious without goofy stuff.
It's also very rare to surprise me in a tv show.
I like good tv and good horror and this show does it for me.

Girlystevedave
11-22-2011, 01:20 PM
It is to me one the best shows in years.
I guess it's what you like, but for reasons I explained earlier that's why I think the show is great. Very rare to have a horror show be serious without goofy stuff.
It's also very rare to surprise me in a tv show.
I like good tv and good horror and this show does it for me.

I agree. It's rare to see a horror movie/show where you're not constantly questioning the stupid decisions the characters make.

Emily
11-22-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm freaked out by how attracted I am to Tate. Super freaked out.

mikeC
11-22-2011, 03:49 PM

I've heard at least one other woman say these exact words. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Shannon
11-22-2011, 04:59 PM
As Amber read your comments, she said the same thing about Tate's attractiveness, lol.

Erin
11-22-2011, 05:39 PM

Oh man, I am too. And it weirds me out as well. I think I'm so attracted to him because he reminds me of Kurt Cobain and I went through a stage as a teenager where I was crazy about him.

Tatts4Life
11-23-2011, 08:59 PM
son of a bitch! i was really hoping that Rubber man would be a new character and not who they revealed.

RUBE
11-23-2011, 09:56 PM
So, are y'all more freaked out by your attraction to Tate with what we now know? That is one fucked up kid.

Tatts4Life
11-24-2011, 07:24 AM
LOL

Shannon
11-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Just watched the episode ... EXCELLENT.

Any idea why he was so violent towards the one gay guy and not the other? I mean ... sodomizing someone with a fireplace poker goes a little beyond simply killing someone, no?

Girlystevedave
11-25-2011, 06:28 PM

:lol:

Oh man, at least I know I'm not the only one. I thought something was wrong with me. It's something about his intensity. :orely:

And, as far as the revelation about Rubber Man...what tha?! [screams NOOOOOO!] This episode was excellent, but it blew my mind. Now I'm left analyzing stuff I thought I had figured out.

mikeC
11-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Just watched the episode ... EXCELLENT.
Any idea why he was so violent towards the one gay guy and not the other?
Hair Color?

Great episode last week.

Old Man Splitfoot
12-01-2011, 02:05 AM
My theory is that Tate is trying to help out the ghost of the house's original owner's wife, who just wants a baby, right? And Tate knew Sylar and not-Sylar were going to adopt a baby, but not-Sylar couldn't stop cheating, and fucked up their relationship, and Sylar was probably gonna break up with his ass, and not adopt the baby. Which would screw up Tate's plan to help ghost lady get a baby, so Tate had to kill them so some other family could move in, and possibly have a baby. But since not-Sylar was the one to screw things up, he got a more painful death.

Just a thought. I honestly hadn't thought to question why not-Sylar got such a bad death, I figured it was just gratuitous violence, but this makes sense to me.

Shannon
12-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Does this show have some sexy women in it, or what? lol

Bev Vincent
12-02-2011, 03:09 AM
Dead is the new sexy...

CRinVA
12-02-2011, 04:54 AM
Indeed it is! The scene with the dead original owner and the maid - phew!

Shannon
12-02-2011, 06:23 AM
You mean The Black Dahlia and the maid? ;)

Tatts4Life
12-02-2011, 06:29 AM
I like how the current owner who I can't remember their name saw the maid as an old lady.

Shannon
12-02-2011, 07:25 AM
Yep, love it. I love how every episodes, the storyline and awareness of the storyline becomes bigger and broader. :)

OchrisO
12-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Oh snap!

That was a good episode of television.

I love how they revealed that Violet is dead.
I also loved how it turned out that Larry's face actually got melted.

Tatts4Life
12-08-2011, 06:14 AM
WHY DID I CLICK ON THE SPOILER WHEN I HAVEN'T WATCHED THE EPISODE YET? Can't wait to watch it tonight and see what happened.

Erin
12-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Ah dammit, I clicked on it too, even though I haven't watched it yet either. But that was a pretty popular theory going around the past couple weeks and I felt it might have been true. Woot! Can't wait to watch it later now!

ICry4Oy
12-08-2011, 06:50 AM
So Larry was burned by Tate....wait.....Larry.......Tate............Larry Tate!

pathoftheturtle
12-08-2011, 05:57 PM
WHY DID I CLICK ON THE SPOILER WHEN I HAVEN'T WATCHED THE EPISODE YET? Perhaps you guys were just possessed? :evil:

Tatts4Life
12-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Watched it last night. DAMMIT how is it both the wife and I forgot about that one scene in the previous episode? I thought it was pretty interesting though.

Shannon
12-10-2011, 10:23 PM
Finally got around to watching the last episode. GREAT GREAT GREAT twist. I thought about it, but I didn't really expect them to do it. What a great television show. Only two more episodes!

Episode 11: "Birth"
Episode 12: "Afterbirth"

onlylivingboyinny
12-12-2011, 12:42 PM
The plot twist from last week's episode was honestly LOST-quality amazing. This show impresses me more and more each week.

Tatts4Life
12-12-2011, 04:54 PM
You know if I had remembered the bathtub and pill scene I would of been less surprised by the episode. But since we watch so many shows both the wife and i forgot and were very surprised.

Tatts4Life
12-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Last night was great. I wonder what is gonna happen with the dad.

Heather19
12-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Me too! I was so worried that was gonna happen last night. This show keeps getting crazier and crazier.

RUBE
12-19-2011, 07:48 PM
I love this show. I can't wait to see how it ends. Based on what I heard the original tag line was going to be, I have some theories. As much as I love this show, I am worried that they are going to try to make a second season which I think would be a mistake. I don't think they can top this season.

Shannon
12-19-2011, 10:48 PM
I think each season should be the story of a new haunted home/location/time/family. These writers are great, they can do no wrong. And while the show can introduce new characters, it should keep the same "rules" and themes. They can't continue with this family, everyone is dead.

Shannon
12-19-2011, 10:51 PM
"On October 31, 2011, FX announced that the series had been renewed for a second season[2] consisting of 13 episodes that may be extended."

Heather19
12-20-2011, 03:27 AM
I'm actually really excited to see where they go with it.

Bev Vincent
12-20-2011, 03:32 AM
I was thinking they might go all Beetlejuice on us. After all, they only have one more main character to kill off until the family can be reunited and live in the house forever!

Heather19
12-20-2011, 05:39 AM
I agree. It could be interesting if next season they show it from the ghost perspective and slowly add in the living. Kinda the reverse of this season.

OchrisO
12-20-2011, 08:00 AM
I expect new people will buy the house in the second season, with all of the people from the first season still there, as has apparently happened over and over throughout the years.

Tatts4Life
12-22-2011, 05:26 AM
WOW I was not expecting the dad to be killed so early in the episode. I did love how they scared the crap out of the new family that moved in. I really don't see how they can do another season though. Are they just gonna keep having new families move in only to try and scare them out by the end of the season?

Heather19
12-22-2011, 05:35 AM
I thought it was a great finale. I'm kinda wondering if next season they'll focus on them living in the house and how they deal with the other ghosts? And maybe focus more on the living son? I don't know they could go in so many different directions.

zombie
12-22-2011, 07:15 AM
I'm hoping season two focuses mainly on the boy Constance is raising. I'm betting the ghosts can't hurt him. I don't usually love stories about evil little kids, but this one had me hooked before there was an evil kid and I need to see him take over the house.

Bev Vincent
12-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Amazing how they condensed our expectations for season 2 into 15 minutes of the finale! The slashing and shooting scene was priceless. The family is much happier dead than alive. It really is hard to figure out where they'll go next season. They have little Damien, and there will no doubt be internal struggles among the various factions in the house, but what will the story be?

ICry4Oy
12-22-2011, 07:32 AM
I really loved this first season right down to the end. I only hope they are not sincerely going with an antichrist storyline next season though. Ugh.

Garrell
12-22-2011, 09:40 AM
This is by far the best show on TV, it makes season 2 of Walking Dead look stupid:dance:

Bev Vincent
12-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, isn't that something. Spoiler for next season:

American Horror Story finished up its first season last night, and if all the loose ends weren't entirely tied up, they were pretty damn close. And for good reason! Creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk just announced in a conference call that next season will start from scratch, in a whole new scary house, with many new cast members. "Next year of the show will be a different haunting," Murphy said. "The next season of the show will be a brand-new home or building to haunt." Good-bye, Murder House! Hello, freaky apartment building or trailer park! The show will hew to this horror anthology model going forward, meaning each season will tell a fresh story. Murphy did say that some of the cast members will be returning (and that he's in negotiations with others, and would love Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, or Jessica Lange to return), but those that do will be playing entirely different characters/monsters/ghosts, and that the Harmon story is completely done. Like the season that just ended, the new season will contain period and true-crime elements. Unlike the season that just ended, it won't be set in a standard one-family house or in Los Angeles. (Murphy did say there is a clue in the last three episodes about the new setting.) Also, there will be a whole new, but presumably just as freaky, opening credit sequence.

ICry4Oy
12-22-2011, 12:19 PM
That is most excellent news and exactly what I was hoping they'd do.

Heather19
12-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Nice! I like that. And it'll be interesting if they keep them but change their parts. I was thinking they wouldn't go the route of doing a new haunting since they'd want to keep these cast members.

zombie
12-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Not sure how to feel. I'm thrilled to know that there will not be a season full of the happy ghost family, but I was hoping to watch a the boy barbeque people and rape his grandmother.

RUBE
12-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Well I was a little disappointed in the season finale because it was just too "happy" to match the rest of the season. I did like some elements like the very end and, unlike all the people that hated on Lost, the finale did not ruin the show for me. Before reading the spoiler above, my guess was that the next season was going to follow Constance and "Michael" around to different places but I guess they will be limited to a cameo now. Here is my guess for the next season: Latin America!

Girlystevedave
12-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Kind of interested to read that about the next season. Cause I really don't see how they could continue the storyline, there's not any mystery or suspense left to it. No more secrets to figure out. I'm afraid that if it involved the same characters/story/house, it would just become like "Melrose Place With Ghosts" or something.

Although...I will be disappointed to not see where the story with Tate goes.

pathoftheturtle
12-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Amazing how they condensed our expectations for season 2 into 15 minutes of the finale! ...Totally! That was so awesome. :)

... little Damien ,,,Damien? I thought his name was Gage. :P

Shannon
12-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Ding ding ding, Shannon's preditction wins! :) Amber and I very much liked the finale.

I am expecting to see the characters again, maybe in cameos. I have the feeling that the little Damien kid will be able to control the ghosts, take them out of their controlled areas, use them for his own purposes, etc. I would very much like to see a non-linear show a little bit into the future, maybe season three or four, jumping around time-lines and locations from little Damien's point of view, ralleying the troops.

What it comes down to is this: Whatever AHS does, I'll be watching. :)

pathoftheturtle
12-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Ding ding ding, Shannon's preditction wins! :) ...>ahem<

Also....Ben. What an ass. I hope he dies a horrible, violent death soon.But it would seem that then the series would be about finished, right? That's the irony of a TV series like this: how long can they keep up suspense of horrible fates around the next corner before everyone is dead or SOME irrevocable change occurs?:biggrin:

...I will be disappointed to not see where the story with Tate goes.There's no such thing as closure for a stalker. He's unsatisfied by definition. I love what Ben said to him about therapy. A person who can't tell when things are over can never have a happy ending. It's eternal Hell for Tate. What else is there to say?
"Some love is just a lie of the soul,
a constant battle for the ultimate state of control.
After you've heard lie upon lie
there can hardly be a question of why."
~ Billy Joel, "Matter of Trust"

mikeC
12-27-2011, 07:31 AM
I loved the huge spoiler of the daughter actually being dead, that was a big surprise. Blow away really. Loved it.
The birth episode was great.
I thought the finale was kind of a waste for me at least. I didn't hate it or anything.
I am really happy they are going to do something different for next season.
Really great season.

Bev Vincent
12-27-2011, 08:20 AM
Essay: American Horror Story: From cliches, genius (http://news.yahoo.com/essay-american-horror-story-cliches-genius-121304975.html) by Ted Anthony

onlylivingboyinny
01-05-2012, 11:41 AM
I was on vacay when the finale aired, finally watching it today. I must say I enjoyed this season and really did look forward to every Wednesday evening.

Gris
01-13-2012, 11:20 AM
I loved the huge spoiler of the daughter actually being dead, that was a big surprise. Blow away really. Loved it.
The birth episode was great.
I thought the finale was kind of a waste for me at least. I didn't hate it or anything.
I am really happy they are going to do something different for next season.
Really great season.

Ditto. I'm usually a week or 2 behind the episodes because my wife couldn't watch it. When they showed her body, I had to pause it stop to let it sink in.

mikeC
03-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Cool Daniel Danger print for the show
http://g1988.tumblr.com/post/18676811658/daniel-dangers-american-horror-story-print-for

CRinVA
03-06-2012, 12:22 PM
Just read that its coming back with some of hte same stars but in different roles! Inteersting!!!!

Shannon
03-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Yep, it's either going to be a very good idea or a very bad one. Either way, I'm very excited for season two!

Bev Vincent
07-19-2012, 06:10 AM
American Horror Story, which is centred on a family newly ensconced in a haunted home, shared the Emmy spotlight at Thursday morning's announcement for matching Mad Men's 17 nominations, including for lead actress Connie Britton.

Shannon
07-20-2012, 05:05 PM
YES, I'm the first to post, I love it! In this week's Entertainment Weekly, they had an interview with Chloe Sevigny. Apparently she is in American Horror Story season 2. I understand not everyone wants to be "in the know", but for all those people that --like me-- want to know a little bit more about season 2, check out the spoilers/information below:

"You're on American Horror Story this fall. Isn't your character a nympho-maniac?"

"Yes. This season takes place in a mental institution. In the '60s, they'd throw you into an institution if you were sexual. It's showing that time, how women were persecuted."

Shannon
07-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Damn, I guess I was way behind on the info, as this imdb.com thread was started a little under two months ago. :(

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1844624/board/thread/199415093

mikeC
08-27-2012, 10:21 AM
No show info but creepy/cool nonetheless
http://badassdigest.com/2012/08/21/watch-the-american-horror-story-asylum-teasers/

pathoftheturtle
08-27-2012, 11:26 AM
:rock:
Love this show. So excited for October!

Heather19
08-27-2012, 02:15 PM
Me too! And I'm even more excited after seeing those clips!

mikeC
09-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Newer ads with actors in them.
http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/ahs

Brice
09-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Cool ads, but I wish they showed more. How much do I need to be watching this show?

DTRAiN235
09-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Loved, Loved, LOVED! the first season. It is everything that a great show should be!

Cannot wait for Asylum to begin...i sure it will melt all of our faces!

mikeC
10-05-2012, 07:44 AM
I'll save judgement for now but this doesn't look spooky at all

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/ahs/1688643740

needfulthings
10-05-2012, 11:17 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img818/6058/img533v.jpg

Girlystevedave
10-07-2012, 07:49 AM
1. I'm anxious for this.
2. I hope they don't purposely push the envelope just for the sake of trying to "outdo" last season.
3. I'd be mych happier if that Adam Levine guy was killed in the first episode. :lol:

Girlystevedave
10-18-2012, 05:23 AM
Okay.
I was pleasantly surprised at how they set up the story-line to this season.
I kept wondering "how are they going to introduce the story of an insane asylum without it being the most cliche story ever?"
They got me! :dance:

I'm definitely excited to see where it will go this season. :)

Tatts4Life
10-18-2012, 05:25 AM
What a creepy show. This is one of the shows that I have to watch something else before I go to bed. Especially this season.

Girlystevedave
10-18-2012, 05:27 AM
:lol:
Yeah, I think I had vague dreams about it last night. Definitely not a show that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :lol:

But good. Damn good.

Shannon
10-18-2012, 07:07 AM
I liked the first episode a lot, gave it a 4 out of 5.

Aliens!? Aliens!? I thought it would just end up being in other-Tate's head until the doctor guy took the bug out of his neck and saw it also.

And I wonder how they're going to tie the current-day storyline to the older-day storyline.

RUBE
10-22-2012, 09:06 PM
I liked the first episode a lot, gave it a 4 out of 5.

Aliens!? Aliens!? I thought it would just end up being in other-Tate's head until the doctor guy took the bug out of his neck and saw it also.

And I wonder how they're going to tie the current-day storyline to the older-day storyline.

I was thinking that was a little out of place as well. I guess I will see how it plays out before passing judgement though.

Heather19
10-23-2012, 04:44 AM
That was my one concern as well. What I loved about last season was that as the story progressed you found out about all the terrible things that happened in the house. This season almost seems as if it'll be the reverse and have the main story be in the past. Not sure how I feel about that. But maybe I'm wrong. I am really curious to see how it progresses.

Girlystevedave
10-25-2012, 07:24 AM
DUN DUN DUN

This show is so good. I love how it makes me constantly try to figure out what's going to happen.
And it's so gritty and raw.
Love it.

Bev Vincent
10-25-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm not quite as engaged as I was last season, but it's still pretty good.

Girlystevedave
10-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Yeah, I don't think I can get quite as engrossed as I did last season. Probably because it was the first I had seen like it.
Still. I'm real curious to see where it's going.

Bev Vincent
10-25-2012, 07:37 AM
The family was the core of the first season, which made it more engaging.

mikeC
10-31-2012, 10:50 AM
I agree. Too much going on. Too much quick editing. No suspense.
The last episode would have been better off just focusing on the exorcism and the creepy doctor.

OchrisO
11-01-2012, 01:23 AM
The actor playing the possessed kid in episode two was fucking amazing.

alkanto
11-01-2012, 05:33 AM
He really, really was. That was one of the creepiest things I'd seen in a long time.

For me, though I still haven't watched all of season 1 (had a hard time finding the last eps and just haven't gotten around to it...?) i find this one to be just a bit creepier. I suppose it all boils down to personal fears. And one of mine happens to be medical experimentation. So that gets me...

Girlystevedave
11-01-2012, 12:06 PM
This season does seem a bit creepier than last season.
But I loved last season on a totally different level.

So my friend made a guess about the doctor. Is he an alien?
Thoughts?

And I agree about the guy who was possessed. Fucking creepy.

mikeC
11-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Ok, after that last episode I'm done with this version of the show.
I am completely not interested in the torture and vomiting thing.
It's a shame that they had such a great place to make a good show and just completely ruined with shaky cam, way too many characters, being gross just to be gross, shaky cam, fast edit, poor story lines, and just nonsense (anne frank?seriously?).
I understand that maybe this season wasn't made for me, since I like character development and slow burn story lines. But I don't see them going back to that kind of show for the 3rd season.
What a waste of a great idea and great actors.
shaky cam.

Girlystevedave
11-15-2012, 11:14 AM
Last night's episode....

WHAT. THA. FUCK.

They got me. I can't lie. And I was left thinking "How could I have been so stupid?" :lol:

Bev Vincent
11-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Just heard it has been renewed for a third season.

Heather19
11-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Last night's episode....

WHAT. THA. FUCK.

They got me. I can't lie. And I was left thinking "How could I have been so stupid?" :lol:

I know! I feel the same :lol:
I'm definitely getting more into this season as it progresses. Wish they would intertwine some more current events though.

Bev Vincent
11-16-2012, 06:54 AM
There is less over supernatural content this season, too. The monsters outside are easily explained. The alien aspect can be written off to delusion. The most supernatural aspect is the possession. The rest of it is just craziness. I did like the twist this week, though. Very clever.

Bev Vincent
12-13-2012, 07:04 AM
Jessica Lange finally did what I've been wanting to do since the start of the second season! Well, hot damn.

For a few minutes, the show almost made complete sense. And then the ending of last night's episode happened. There were some very good reversals and re-reversals. I'm still fascinated by the show.

RUBE
12-17-2012, 03:40 PM
I think last week's show was the best so far. It felt like they were finally tying everything together.

Bev Vincent
12-18-2012, 03:21 AM
I did, too, and then the last few minutes happened!

Tatts4Life
12-19-2012, 05:08 AM
Sounds like the next episode is gonna be a bloody one.

RUBE
01-03-2013, 09:49 PM
Wow. I didn't see that coming this early.

Shannon
01-03-2013, 10:50 PM
It's not really that early ... 3 more episodes ...

No way the devil/demon is gone though ... just transfered ... but to who?

CRinVA
01-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Shannon - agreed!

By the way I just loved the "name Game" sequence, especially the little subtleties seen in the background players.

Shannon
01-04-2013, 03:12 PM
See, I hated that sequence. I turned to Amber at that part and said ... "Uh oh, I think it just jumped the shark ..."

http://www.tvguide.com/jumptheshark

RUBE
01-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Supposedly Jessica Lange requested a musical number and they did it just for her. Also, I think we really have seen the last of the devil (unless it moved to Lana's baby to make it doubly evil.) The first scene of next week's episode is suppose to be the most disturbing Ryan Murphy has ever done so that will be interesting to see what he thinks is the worst. Oh, and I do think three episodes from the end is early to kill the most interesting character. However it was definitely surprising which is what they probably were going for.

Shannon
01-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Oh, were you talking about the Devil? I assumed Arden. I felt like his storyline was over, time to go.

But no, I don't think the Devil's gone. Falling off some stairs? No way, what a cop out.

Heresjohnny!
01-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Did the black angel of death take "both"?

RUBE
01-05-2013, 08:14 PM
As Heresjohnny! said, it wasn't the fall but the angel of death taking advantage of the demon not having another body near to jump into and swallowing both souls. And I think it was a devil not the devil so it could be defeated.

Girlystevedave
01-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Okay, last night was fucked up.

There are way too many questions going on in my head right now.

Are Kit and Grace actually the parents to the present day guy who is the "son of bloody face"? (Dylan McDermott's character) Is Kit Bloodyface and we've been fooled the whole time?!
What the fuck is up with the alien storyline? And why was Kit's dead wife back at home with a baby?! Is Kit an alien?!
Is the archbishop or whatever he is, posessed now or is he just twisted because of what happened to him?

I'm so confused and don't see how they will complete the story in only 2 episodes. :doh: :panic:

Bev Vincent
01-10-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm pretty sure (as sure as anyone can be about anything in this show) that Lana is the modern bloody face's mother. The milk fixation is the clue -- Sarah breast fed him, but she despised him. The flickering back and forth between Lana and Thredson in the past and bloody face in the present was meant to show the influence of the past on the present. It shouldn't be a trick. That wouldn't be nice. However, some reviewers are even open to the possibility that modern Bloody Face is Alma's child, since she's black and he picked a black prostitute to represent his mother. Hmmmm.

The whole Kit and Grace story was bizarre. It seemed too idyllic when they went back to his house. I knew something was going to happen, but not that.

For me, the best scene in the episode was that long, suspenseful, very Hitchcock influenced scene where Kit has to keep Thredson occupied so Lana can walk past him. Boy, was that ever tense!

thegunslinger41
01-10-2013, 11:25 AM
This is definitely one of the most bizarre and entertianing shows. It would give me a headache to try to figure everything out. I watch it now and just take in the sheer gore and quirkiness of the whole thing. I do plan on buying the entire season at some point and watching it again.

G

Girlystevedave
01-10-2013, 12:27 PM
I can't be certain, but my mom pointed out that when modern day bloodyface opened the door, the prostitute asked "Are you Tommy?"
Grace named the baby "Thomas" after her grandfather. (She wasn't 100% on whether she called him Tommy or not.)

And the speculation over him being Alma's is interesting.

Bev Vincent
01-10-2013, 12:38 PM
The character name is Johnny Morgan, for whatever that's worth.

Girlystevedave
01-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Ah, Johnny. Thanks for clearing that up.

Heather19
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
My question is did the devil jump into Sister Jude?

Also the whole storyline with Kit/Grace/Alma is confusing. So were they both really abducted by aliens and impregnated and brought back to life? Are there really any aliens?

How are they going to tie everything up with only 2 eps left...

Bev Vincent
01-17-2013, 07:06 AM
Well, I guess that answers the question about who the modern bloody face is. It'll be interesting to see if he meets up with his mother, who must be nearly 80 by now. I was really surprised by the resolution to the cold opening. I did NOT see that coming. Jessica Lange is really, really great in this episode. There've been times when she's been too Tennessee Williams, but she was rock solid. And Frances Conroy -- wow!

Lana's turned into a bit of a shit, though.

CRinVA
01-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Yeah not too happy with Lana. she has one more episode to redeem herself!

Jessica Lange is a powerful actor - simply awesome in last nigth's episode! The Queen of Candyland!!!!

Alma kills Grace with an Axe! Ironic, didn't Grace kill her parents with an axe? And then Alma foes to Briarcliff and simply dies! I think not!

Bev Vincent
01-17-2013, 08:42 AM
There's only one more episode to wrap this all up. They'll have to get "Sister Judith" out of Briarcliff (or not), resolve the modern Bloodyface, figure out what happens to Kit's two alien children, etc. Is it just one hour!?

ICry4Oy
01-23-2013, 09:48 PM
They did all of that very very well!!! :clap:

For now all I can say is DAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!!!

...oh, and...

♪ Dominique, nique, nique s'en allait tout simplement
Routier pauvre et
chantant
En tous chemins, en tous lieux, il ne parle que du bon Dieu
Il ne
parle que du bon Dieu ♪

Shannon
01-24-2013, 05:18 AM
I, for one, thought the finale was horrible. It felt like an extra chapter they fit in AFTER the story is over ...

Story story story ... and then he died of cancer.

Story story story ... and then she gets a bloody nose and dies.

But I shouldn't be surprised. There was not ONE character that got a decent ending this season.

- The/A DEVIL falls twenty feet and then "dies".
- The Cardinal comes into the room to see Chloe Sevigny, then another scene happens somewhere else, and we come back and he's already strangled her.
- Arden decides to jump in the fire. Eh.
- Zombie things in the woods. Bang bang bang, well, that storyline's done.
- The murderous kid. Who? That's right.
- Anne Frank ... Eh!
- Chloe ... dies, comes back, dies.
- Aliens ... I would say they didn't resolve this storyline, but in fact, they never even started it. Pointless.

and last but not least ...

- Santa. Hi Ian McShane, we love you! Bye! Wait, bye? Where'd you go?

Very sad. :(

Bev Vincent
01-24-2013, 05:48 AM
I thought it was as good a finale as we could have expected. The whole alien thing was pretty much a waste of screen time all season, but other than that I was happy. The resolution between Lana and Johnny had a beautiful and unexpected symmetry.

Heather19
01-24-2013, 04:50 PM
I was a little disappointed by the finale as well. I feel like they had so much going on all season that when it came down to the end they just didn't have enough time. I liked the ending of Lana and Johnny. Wasn't expecting that. The whole alien storyline though, I feel like they should have just left it out all together. There wasn't any resolution. And I wish something more happened with the kids.

I wonder what the scenario will be for next year. I'm hoping it's more like the first season. That one was really well down, and having everything woven together the way they did it, slowly bringing forward the past and mixing with the present is what really intrigued me. That's the one thing I thought this season was really lacking. Although I did really warm up to it as it progressed, but now I feel a little let down after the lackluster ending.

CRinVA
09-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Season Three American Horror Story: Coven Premiers October 9th!

I am looking forward to this.

Jessican Lange returns; others from two previous seasons join in this new tale of witches and whatnot! Other superstars join such as Kathy Bates & Angela Bassett

Look for a slight Stephen King Connection. Mare Winningham played the shortlived Agatha (Maxine's Mom) in one episode of Under the Dome. Big Jim Rennie let her drown!

Bev Vincent
09-10-2013, 10:49 AM
She's also read a number of King audiobooks.

CRinVA
09-10-2013, 11:09 AM
I was gonna mention that but could not remember which ones. I think The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon was one of them.

Bev Vincent
09-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Lisey's Story, Gingerbread Girl, Morality, and other short stories. Anne Heche read Tom Gordon.

Shannon
09-10-2013, 02:09 PM
Very excited for AHS to start back up. Although last season's resolution wasn't up to Shannon Standards, the season itself was still better than most of the other shows on television.

alkanto
09-10-2013, 05:14 PM
I am SO pumped for AHS: Coven. I've missed this show.

CRinVA
09-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Thanks Bev, memory is the FIRST thing to go with age! I should have stopped and looked up and reported correctly! :-)

stkmw02
09-16-2013, 09:19 AM
I just started watching the first season and hope to get through them pretty quickly to catch up. I'm impressed with the first few episodes I've seen and hear they just keep getting better.

Ricky
09-16-2013, 04:52 PM
I watched the first season over the summer and LOVED it. Can't wait for the DVD release of Asylum. And I will be DVRing Coven. :D

Girlystevedave
09-19-2013, 08:13 AM
I can't wait for this season to start back up. I think it's pretty original to have the same cast, but with a different story line each season. So, I'm real curious to see how this round goes. :)

Bev Vincent
09-19-2013, 08:43 AM
Those ads with the snake are creeping me out...

CRinVA
09-19-2013, 12:50 PM
Snake goes in!! Snake comes out!

How about the ad where the witches (or are they witch wannabees) are marching up to the coven house (with "There is a House in New Orleans...") playing in the background and there seem to be a half dozen or so withces suspended in mid air.

Love it - can't wait!

mcrow24
09-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Really looking forward to the new season starting on Wed.

This show seems to be a bit under the radar, I don't know many people who watch it.

Girlystevedave
10-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Ok.
Thoughts on last night's episode?

I liked it.
But I will say, if it doesn't turn out that Zoey (?) has more to her than the ability to fuck people to death, that is pretty lame. :lol:

Bev Vincent
10-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Good, but I expect it to improve. I think Jessica Lange's character's notion is that the girls need to aspire to more than a single talent.

Merlin1958
10-10-2013, 04:39 PM
??? I thought the premiere was this evening??

Heather19
10-10-2013, 04:55 PM
It was last night. I'm sure you can find it on ondemand, or maybe even fx website?

I thought it was a fairly good opening episode. The upcoming previews look good. Hopefully it's better than last season.

Merlin1958
10-10-2013, 05:02 PM
My Tivo has it for this evening. Weird!!

Shannon
10-10-2013, 08:04 PM
Even Bill's Tivo is confused.

lllooolll :)

CRinVA
10-11-2013, 04:37 AM
I liked it, but then i'd watch it just to hear the creepy intro music! :-)

I really like Kathy Bates in this role - she is one versatile actress!

I also like seeing characters that played other roles in past seasons. It adds a nice flavor to the show.

fearless-freak
10-11-2013, 04:47 AM
to me, American Horror Story is this generations Twin Peaks

Merlin1958
10-13-2013, 02:38 PM
Even Bill's Tivo is confused.

lllooolll :)

Apparently it is!!! The show seems to be lost in the ozone!!! Maybe it's a "priority" thing. I'll have to check. Thanks, Son!!! LOL LOL LOL

OchrisO
10-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Ok.
Thoughts on last night's episode?

I liked it.
But I will say, if it doesn't turn out that Zoey (?) has more to her than the ability to fuck people to death, that is pretty lame. :lol:

Based on the way TV shows usually go, she will end up being the new Supreme for her generation.

RUBE
10-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Seems like this season is going to have a little less horror and a lot more drama. Of course it is an almost all female cast....

JK....

kinda.

RUBE
11-07-2013, 10:51 PM
This season has been pretty good. I am a little surprised that no one is talking about it. I wish Nan was going to be the new supreme but of course they will make it Zoey.

Shannon
11-07-2013, 11:19 PM
This season has been okay, nothing special. I am still waiting for the "Oh shit! This is amazing!" feeling of the first season, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

I don't get what they are trying to do with Kathy Bates' character though. She's this horrible, horrible person but in the present-day storyline they almost make her sympathetic. Eh.

Bev Vincent
11-08-2013, 03:01 AM
I'm enjoying what they're doing with the Kathy Bates character, pulling her out of the 1800s and plunking her down in modern day, where her worst traits now seem ludicrous, and she's starting to understand for herself what a terrible person she was. I hope we see a lot more of Lily Rabe's character now that she's sticking her nose into the coven's affairs. You never know what you're going to get with this series.

CRinVA
12-12-2013, 10:56 AM
I too love the Lily Rabe character!

And loving Kathy Bates as she rests on a pedestal - LOL!

Hannah
12-12-2013, 02:05 PM
I am loving this season. I like Kathy Bates in anything she's in, and she's great in this role. I like the layers of conflict the writers have added - it makes things interesting.

Heather19
12-13-2013, 06:08 AM
I'm loving this season. It took a few episodes to get going, but it's on a role now. Still not as good as season 1, in my opinion, but way above season 2. It sucks that we have to wait a few weeks for it to return.

Also has anyone mentioned this yet, but I heard rumors that next season will have a carnival theme. I hope they go with it, it sounds very intriguing to me.

Hannah
12-15-2013, 02:35 PM
Ohh! I would love to see them do an evil carnival!

Merlin1958
12-15-2013, 04:54 PM
Ohh! I would love to see them do an evil carnival!

Yeah, baby!!!!

Ricky
01-02-2014, 01:31 PM
Just started Asylum last night and wow. It's even more out there than Season 1. After the first 3 eps., I don't like it as much as the first season, but I'm still really enjoying it. This season still gives me "just one more episode" syndrome, though. I watched until 12:15 last night and had to force myself to stop. :lol:

What I loved about last season was that as the story progressed you found out about all the terrible things that happened in the house. This season almost seems as if it'll be the reverse and have the main story be in the past. Not sure how I feel about that. But maybe I'm wrong. I am really curious to see how it progresses.

This is interesting to me, too, and I'm looking forward to see how the past and present intertwine. What was your opinion of it after you finished the whole season?

Yeah, I don't think I can get quite as engrossed as I did last season. Probably because it was the first I had seen like it.

I feel the same way. When I watched the first season, I had never seen anything like it before and was totally blown away, horrified, and intrigued. Asylum, I thought, started out trying to cram too much "weirdness" into the first ep. or two, so I'm hoping they give each storyline the time it needs to develop.

Heather19
01-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Just started Asylum last night and wow. It's even more out there than Season 1. After the first 3 eps., I don't like it as much as the first season, but I'm still really enjoying it. This season still gives me "just one more episode" syndrome, though. I watched until 12:15 last night and had to force myself to stop. :lol:

What I loved about last season was that as the story progressed you found out about all the terrible things that happened in the house. This season almost seems as if it'll be the reverse and have the main story be in the past. Not sure how I feel about that. But maybe I'm wrong. I am really curious to see how it progresses.

This is interesting to me, too, and I'm looking forward to see how the past and present intertwine. What was your opinion of it after you finished the whole season?

I feel the same way. When I watched the first season, I had never seen anything like it before and was totally blown away, horrified, and intrigued. Asylum, I thought, started out trying to cram too much "weirdness" into the first ep. or two, so I'm hoping they give each storyline the time it needs to develop.

Well compared to most shows on tv currently it was very good. But compared to the first season it didn't even come close to how amazing I thought the first season was. I loved how the first season interweaved the past and present. As the second season progressed it was pretty linear. I think that was one of it's biggest downfalls for me. Also I'm more a ghost fan than alien fan, so the haunted house story really intrigued me. I'd love to hear what you think of it as you watch more. I'd rank them Season 1, then Coven (took me a bit to warm up to this season, but I love it now), then Asylum.

DoctorZaius
01-02-2014, 02:49 PM
I have to agree with the consensus that Asylum was the worst of the three seasons, dare I say it kind of sucked! Season one was great. As many have pointed out the narrative was easier to follow, and still there was a righteous amount of bizarre characters. I happen to have just finished the portion of season three, Coven. It has quickly become my favorite of the three seasons. The women are just fantastic! Ryan Murphy has certainly found his muse on Jessica Lange, who just astounds me with her chameleon-like acting abilities. I can't wait for the second half of the season, and next year!

Ricky
01-10-2014, 01:07 PM
I finished Asylum last night. Overall, I thought it was a great season. I think it would be very hard for me to like any other season more than the perfection of season one, but I really loved the tone of this one.

I didn't really have any problems with the finale like it seems like some of you guys did, although I do wish that the aliens weren't even included in this season. I think it would've been better if Kit was just a patient that claimed he was abducted, rather than go as far as they did with that storyline. I just thought it was unnecessarily confusing and took time and focus away from the more interesting storylines. (After watching the special features, it seemed like the prop/effects dept. didn't even know how prominent the aliens were going to be. The built huge, full-sized aliens (and they looked amazing, and that makes me wish there was at least something more done with them) but didn't know that they'd just be used for quick, out-of-focus shots.)

I absolutely loved Sarah Paulson this season, and would argue that Lana is AHS's most well-developed and compelling character of the first two seasons. I was pretty disappointed with how she ended up acting in the last two episodes, though. But it definitely suited her character.

The devil storyline with Sister Mary Eunice was one of my favorites, but the ending did feel a little lame. I kept thinking Mary Eunice would at least be saved. :(

Anyway, really fun season. Now I'm itching to watch Coven...and I forgot to set-up a series recording when it started this year. :panic:

Heather19
01-14-2014, 06:52 AM
Check OnDemand, hopefully they're still all up there. I think you're really going to like this one.

Bev Vincent
01-14-2014, 07:19 AM
I'm still watching Coven, but I've been increasingly less engaged each season.

Heather19
01-14-2014, 09:01 AM
Would you rank Coven below Asylum?

Bev Vincent
01-14-2014, 09:03 AM
Yes.

ICry4Oy
01-14-2014, 10:21 AM
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3761/11951459036_0a7a53cb28_z.jpg

Hannah
01-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Ha! Awesome.

Ricky
01-15-2014, 01:09 PM
Check OnDemand, hopefully they're still all up there. I think you're really going to like this one.

I checked last night and they only have a few of the most recent ones. :(

Heather19
01-15-2014, 03:02 PM
That sucks :( I checked hulu and fx but they're not there. Amazon has them, but they're $2 an ep.

Ricky
01-15-2014, 04:48 PM
Man. :(

I figured that Amazon would have them but by the time you buy a few eps., you might as well just hold out for the DVD. I just checked and I could stream them from Megashare, but I've been spoiled by watching them on our good TV. :lol:

tippy4
01-19-2014, 09:29 AM
Thought that fans of this show would be interested in this......

http://media.paleycenter.org/paleyfest-2014-lineup/

ICry4Oy
01-30-2014, 01:00 PM
Best line:

" Is this KNOOOOOOTY PIIIIIINNNE!!!!!!! "