PDA

View Full Version : American Horror Story

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Bev Vincent
01-30-2014, 01:07 PM
Yeah, that was funny. The last 5 or so minutes of the finale were pretty good, but the season as a whole was not great.

Jean
05-12-2014, 01:22 AM
bears are watching season 1 now

the first ep was very good

Girlystevedave
05-14-2014, 04:51 AM
Season 1 is great, Jean. :thumbsup:

Heather19
05-14-2014, 05:16 AM
It's easily my favorite season out of all of them.

Girlystevedave
05-14-2014, 05:20 AM
I didn't even finish the last season. :unsure:

Heather19
05-14-2014, 05:22 AM
No? It wasn't the greatest, but I thought it was better than season 2 at least.

Girlystevedave
05-14-2014, 05:34 AM
Was it?
To be honest, the gross scene with the weird shit happening between Kyle and his mom after he was brought back to life pretty much pushed me away from watching the show. I know the show likes to push boundaries, and I was too scared of where they would take that.

Jean
05-14-2014, 01:44 PM
bears enjoy it immensely, but can't stop hoping the female protagonist of the first season will die a horrible, slow, nasty death

if I were that poor schmuck who was her husband, I would go raving mad without any ghosts

Shannon
05-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Bears, I'm so jealous of you. I wish I could go back and watch the first season again with virgin eyes and ears. Oooooooooooh Rubber Man!

Heather19
05-14-2014, 03:03 PM
bears enjoy it immensely, but can't stop hoping the female protagonist of the first season will die a horrible, slow, nasty death

if I were that poor schmuck who was her husband, I would go raving mad without any ghosts

:o Really? I loved her (or maybe it's just that I love the actress). I was hoping the same for the husband :lol: I need to go back and rewatch that season.

Jean
05-14-2014, 11:59 PM
they must both appeal to some negative gender stereotypes within us

Heather19
05-15-2014, 06:38 AM
Maybe, but he was kind of a sleezy, nasty guy.

Jean
05-27-2014, 08:49 AM
will it get any better? I am in the middle of Asylum, and it is rapidly going downhill

Heather19
05-27-2014, 09:18 AM
Probably not. Asylum is my least favorite of the series.

Jean
05-27-2014, 12:47 PM
oops... then maybe I'll do something else instead

(like, re-watching Life on Mars!!!!)

Heather19
05-27-2014, 01:51 PM
Well I'd say to still go ahead and watch it, but if you hate it, I doubt you'd get any more enjoyment out of it. Can you find Coven yet, or is it too soon? Not as good as season 1 but overall I thought it was pretty solid.

Ricky
05-27-2014, 02:34 PM
I keep checking Amazon to see when Coven's supposed to be released, but I haven't seen anything posted. Probably in September or October, I would guess.

Jean
05-30-2014, 06:06 AM
Coven is available here, but I am not sure I will watch it any time soon. I think I'll find something English instead. Maybe I'll get back to American series some time later.

RUBE
10-08-2014, 06:02 PM
The new season starts in minutes. I am not sure what to expect but the freak show idea has potential. I do not expect season one quality but hopefully it will be better than season two and scarier than season three. I know that if clowns scare you this season might be tough to watch.

needfulthings
10-08-2014, 09:51 PM
What a shame that they showed Sarah Paulson before the pilot(sure fucked-up a GOOD spoiler.)
And this looks like a Doublemint Gum plug (Double Your Pleasure.. Double Your Fun
http://imageshack.com/a/img538/7813/DKhpZu.jpg

Shannon
10-09-2014, 05:20 AM
Best. Clown. Ever.

And that's saying a lot, considering the location of our discussion.

Heather19
10-10-2014, 05:40 AM
That clown was super creepy.... Loved it! I'm really excited for this season. Looks like it'll be a lot scarier than seasons 2 and 3. Had a Freaks kinda vibe to me.

Tatts4Life
10-10-2014, 07:27 AM
This will be the first clown in a long time to make it hard to fall asleep. I hope they keep it up.

Still Servant
10-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Probably not. Asylum is my least favorite of the series.

Agreed, first season is the best. I enjoyed Coven and I thought the first episode of Freaks last night was really good. I love the idea and thevibe they had going. I hope they can keep it up.

needfulthings
10-12-2014, 09:57 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img607/1760/a166k.jpg

RUBE
10-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Even with the opium induced freak gang-bang of the candy-striper being filmed and watched by the person who is basically their fraternity mother?

RUBE
10-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Its weird that no one is talking about this show on here.

If anyone else is watching I have to ask: Is it crazy that I feel bad for the clown now? I definitely hate Dandy more than him after seeing his story.

Shannon
10-29-2014, 11:04 PM
I love this season. I loved the clown when he was creepy and violent, and I loved him when he was slow-minded and nice.

And then they kill him off. :(

Tatts4Life
10-30-2014, 03:20 AM
Well I shouldn't of read that spoiler.we are gonna try and watch tonight.

Heather19
10-30-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm loving this season! So much better than the past few. I love the darker side it's taking. Also I'm bummed that they killed off the clown. He's one of the scariest clowns ever, I was hoping he would last longer. But I do like where they're going with Dandy. He is one purely evil guy.
I'm not a huge fan of Elsa, I feel like all of Jessica Lange's characters are so similar, that it just feels like a repeat and nothing new.

Shannon
10-30-2014, 05:06 PM
"I feel like all of Jessica Lange's characters are so similar"

YES.

Shannon
11-12-2014, 11:28 PM
Tonight's episode wasn't anything spectacular, but two scenes in particular stood out:

The fantasy scene with the little Indian girl dying and the reality scene where she was put in the glass jar and pretended to be a butterfly ... Whew. My heart was ACHING for this woman. Not only does she look like a baby, but she's the nicest, most innocent character ever. So sad. :(

Shannon
11-19-2014, 11:26 PM
:(

Still Servant
11-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Tonight's episode wasn't anything spectacular, but two scenes in particular stood out:

The fantasy scene with the little Indian girl dying and the reality scene where she was put in the glass jar and pretended to be a butterfly ... Whew. My heart was ACHING for this woman. Not only does she look like a baby, but she's the nicest, most innocent character ever. So sad. :(

Yeah, so that happiness was short lived. Unintentional pun, I promise.

I'm really enjoying this season. My favorite part of last episode was the use of Nirvana's "Come As You Are."

Heather19
11-20-2014, 05:42 PM
Have you guys seen this? Apparently there's some connection between all seasons? Pretty intriguing.
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/11/04/it-all-starts-with-a-hat-american-horror-story-season-5-plot-revealed-2402159?lt_source=external,manual,manual

Kingfan24
12-09-2014, 09:03 AM
Been watching American horror story coven, even for me there is some fucked up stuff going on.

Tommy
03-20-2015, 03:34 AM
Jessica Lange's Shady Reaction to Lady Gaga Joining American Horror Story Is Epic—Watch Now! (http://www.eonline.com/news/637548/jessica-lange-s-shady-reaction-to-lady-gaga-joining-american-horror-story-is-epic-watch-now)

Shannon
10-29-2015, 10:29 PM
That was a fun episode. :)

Shannon
11-11-2015, 10:57 PM
I'm an episode behind, but I just watched the episode focusing on Liz Taylor and Kathy Bates. The sequence with Liz Taylor's little backstory was beautiful from top to bottom. Denis O'Hare is fucking amazing.

RUBE
11-15-2015, 09:23 PM
This might be the second-best season depending on where it goes from here. If you want to know where they got some of the ideas for this season, look up H.H. Holmes.

Still Servant
11-16-2015, 07:05 PM
I'm an episode behind, but I just watched the episode focusing on Liz Taylor and Kathy Bates. The sequence with Liz Taylor's little backstory was beautiful from top to bottom. Denis O'Hare is fucking amazing.

O'Hare is one of the unsung heroes of the franchise if you ask me.

Shannon
11-16-2015, 08:34 PM
His scene in True Blood where he goes on the live newsroom feed was epic. :)

stkmw02
11-17-2015, 05:47 AM
I finally made it to season four... I'm so behind. :cry:

Heather19
11-17-2015, 06:15 AM
Well you're in for a treat. Freakshow was one of my favorite seasons.

A question about last week, I just assumed that Tristan was a full on vampire, but then Lady Gaga killed him. So are they not immortal? They just don't age? Can she be killed?

RUBE
11-17-2015, 08:44 PM
Lady GaGa/"the countess" killed her former lover's boyfriend after she turned him. I think it has been established that they can be killed but heal fast and will not die of disease or natural causes. They are sort of like vampires but not completely. They are more vulnerable to attacks but not limited by exposure to sunlight or crosses or subject to silly rules like having to be invited in.

RUBE
11-18-2015, 08:26 PM
And I think the most recent episode just confirmed this. I truly believe that this show does "vampires" better than any of the others have, especially True Blood.

Here is a theory that I have had for this season for awhile that I think this episode also confirmed: The detective is also the ten-commandments killer. I think that him being invited to March's serial killer dinner was one of the first big clues but there have been other hints. His conversation with the vampire girl has me completely convinced now.

Other random notes:

This series has used the same actors to play different parts each season but unless I am mistaken this is the first time they had an actor play two different characters in the same season. I am not sure I buy Dandy as a "flicker god" or a model but the guy is a good actor so why not. (He made watching a movie featuring the Texas Longhorns tolerable so he must be good.)

Bringing back the real estate agent from season one just so she could be killed was a nice touch as well. She deserved it after continually selling people the murder house.

Still Servant
11-22-2015, 05:08 PM
And I think the most recent episode just confirmed this. I truly believe that this show does "vampires" better than any of the others have, especially True Blood.

Here is a theory that I have had for this season for awhile that I think this episode also confirmed: The detective is also the ten-commandments killer. I think that him being invited to March's serial killer dinner was one of the first big clues but there have been other hints. His conversation with the vampire girl has me completely convinced now.

Other random notes:

This series has used the same actors to play different parts each season but unless I am mistaken this is the first time they had an actor play two different characters in the same season. I am not sure I buy Dandy as a "flicker god" or a model but the guy is a good actor so why not. (He made watching a movie featuring the Texas Longhorns tolerable so he must be good.)

Bringing back the real estate agent from season one just so she could be killed was a nice touch as well. She deserved it after continually selling people the murder house.

That is a great theory and I will now subscribe to it.

Heather19
11-23-2015, 05:48 AM
I agree, that thought never crossed my mind but it makes complete sense. Also I was surprised to see Finn Wittrock as another character as well. But I liked how they were reusing him.

Still Servant
01-21-2016, 05:49 PM
No posts in almost 2 months. Is it safe to say that I'm not the only one that lost interest in this season of American Horror Story?

Also, kudos to Rube for nailing the twist. Unfortunately, it might be the one thing that made me lose interest in the show. This season had a thin protagonist to begin with (I'm not sure why but I couldn't get into his character) but then it completely went to shit when it turned out he was the 10 Commandments Killer.

The show literally had zero protagonists for the final few episodes. It's kind of hard to root for a bunch of murdering ghosts. At least for me it is.

Heather19
01-21-2016, 06:32 PM
I enjoyed it, but it was far from my favorite season. I'd rank it right in the middle, below Murder House and Freakshow, but better than Asylum and Coven. I do agree that it did loose some steam by the end of the season. I also don't think it helped that they took a few weeks off for the holidays only to come back to 2 episodes. Hopefully next year they'll start it earlier so it's finished by the holidays.

RUBE
01-22-2016, 04:19 AM
I thought it was a fun season if not a particularly well-written or well-acted season. Yet despite its short-comings, I have it ranked number two behind Murder House with Coven and Freakshow a little behind it. Asylum was by far the worst in my opinion.

Thanks for the kudos. I must think too much like the writers (probably not a good thing) because I remember figuring out the season one twist (the daughter was a ghost) immediately. I actually think there were still protagonists at the end in Liz Taylor and Kathy Bates. They weren't particularly strong but the last two episodes definitely centered on them. It fits Murphy's running theme of the "freaks" (mental patients, witches, freaks, and transgendered) are actually the heros while the "normal" people (doctors, nuns, every parent in Coven, the rich boy, the police) turn out to be the villians.

Tommy
01-22-2016, 04:40 AM
Even though I guessed who the ten commandments killer was after the first episode (his name is John Lowe after all), I still enjoyed this season a lot. The hotel is my favorite of all the locales used so far.

I get that happy endings are crowd pleasers but I really would like another twisted ending like season 1. THAT has definitely been my favorite finale of all the seasons. The other finales get a little hokey for me.

By the way, has anyone else read the theory that each of the seasons represents a different circle of Dante's Inferno? The idea being that each season has it's own particular sin. Of course, all the seasons contain multiple sins but it can be argued that there is a main sin for each.

Season 1 - Lust
Season 2 - Fraud
Season 3 - Treachery (or possibly Anger)
Season 4 - Greed
Season 5 - Gluttony

The fact that each season is in a common, central area (or circle) also lends credence to this theory. If true, maybe we will get 9 seasons altogether.

Ricky
09-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Interesting:

American Horror Story: The Mist: Do we finally have a season 6 theme? (http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/01/american-horror-story-mist-season-6)

:orely:

allasorte
09-01-2016, 06:41 PM
Interesting:

American Horror Story: The Mist: Do we finally have a season 6 theme? (http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/01/american-horror-story-mist-season-6)

I'm hoping it's better then Hotel.

Heather19
09-02-2016, 06:31 AM
Interesting:

Interesting. I was really looking forward to it being the Croatoan theory.

Ricky
09-02-2016, 06:43 AM
If "The Mist" is accurate, it could be that the Roanoke colony disappears due to whatever comes out of the mist. I thought I heard they're jumping between past and present this season, so maybe the mist returns in present day?

Br!an
09-02-2016, 07:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X3n9-cBPyc

Heather19
09-02-2016, 08:01 AM
If "The Mist" is accurate, it could be that the Roanoke colony disappears due to whatever comes out of the mist. I thought I heard they're jumping between past and present this season, so maybe the mist returns in present day?

That is true. I can't wait for this season to finally start.

Ricky
09-02-2016, 08:08 AM
Has the date been announced yet?

Heather19
09-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Sept 14, so we don't have too much longer to wait :)

Ricky
09-02-2016, 01:48 PM
Wow! Even less than I thought. Less than two weeks! :panic:

And good thing this teaser isn't creepy or anything:

American Horror Story season 6 teasers channel 'The Conjuring' with demonic doll (http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/02/american-horror-story-season-6-teasers-conjuring)

:scared:

Heather19
09-02-2016, 04:33 PM
They have the best teasers.

RUBE
09-14-2016, 07:55 PM
So what did y'all think of the first episode? It definitely had a Blair Witch vibe but in a good way. The "reenactment" having different actors/actresses cracked me up a bit but it does take some tension out since you know they survive (at least long enough for most of the events to be in the past.)

Heather19
09-15-2016, 05:51 AM
I really enjoyed it. Reminded me of Blair Witch as well plus an episode of A Haunting. Totally not what I was expecting but I loved it. Thought it was a bit scary as well, which I always wished some of the past seasons had played up on the horror more, so hopefully this one will.

Ricky
09-15-2016, 02:17 PM
I think it was a creative choice (and risky, too) to go the dramatic re-enactment route. I never would have guessed something like that. I'm definitely intrigued but will have to wait at least another episode or two to decide if I'm hooked by it. What I'm wondering about is the format. I assumed that we'd be following the people in the first episode for the whole season, but people seem to get the impression that each episode is going to jump to different people who lived in the house. I never got that impression, though. What I'm hoping they'll do (and what I thought they would) is to somehow bring together the real people (Lily Rabe and Real Matt, whose name I can't remember) and the actors playing them (Sarah Paulson, Cuba Gooding Jr., etc.). Maybe they're filming the re-enactment in the real house, and the actors start experiencing weird things so they bring in the real people to investigate with them. It would raise the stakes, I think, and make us care about the re-enactment characters (since we know they're just acting). The dramatic re-enactment/talking-to-the-camera thing might get old after awhile.

Random thoughts:

- I hope we get a new opening credits sequence (but I have a feeling we might not if they want to maintain that we're watching a "My Roanoke Nightmare" instead of American Horror Story.

- The animal noises. :scared:

- That was Kathy Bates for like two seconds at the end, right?

- On EW.com's recap they mentioned that Billie Dean (also played by Paulson) from Season 1 talked about the missing Roanoke colony, which I totally didn't remember.

Heather19
09-15-2016, 03:06 PM
That's my one worry too. I'm afraid the re-enactment might get a bit old, but I hope not. Where did you hear that it's going to be different people living in the house each episode? I assumed it would be the same people that we follow through the season, and we'll uncover more of the past as the series goes on.

The animal noises, plus the torn up trash cans... I was just waiting for Bigfoot to appear :lol:

And yes that was Kathy Bates.

Also I really need to rewatch season 1. I don't remember that reference either, but I also don't even remember Sarah Paulson in that season. I just had to look up who she was.

Ricky
09-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Where did you hear that it's going to be different people living in the house each episode? I assumed it would be the same people that we follow through the season, and we'll uncover more of the past as the series goes on.

A bunch of people over at IMDB. But I just think it's speculation. It just struck me as interesting that so many got that impression that we'd be jumping around to different occupants each episode.

And yeah, Sarah Paulson as Billie Dean was just a minor character. I think she appeared in Hotel, too (but I haven't seen it yet)?

EDIT: So it looks like we're only getting 10 episodes this year. That means no excuse for filler!

Heather19
09-15-2016, 03:24 PM
That is funny because I never got that feeling from the show either, especially since it ends at a dramatic point. It'd be weird to switch to a new family now. And after looking up who she was in the first season, she does appear in Hotel as the same character.

Ricky
09-15-2016, 04:45 PM
That is funny because I never got that feeling from the show either, especially since it ends at a dramatic point. It'd be weird to switch to a new family now.

It definitely would. Unless a bunch of past owners of the house had the exact same experiences, then they could just continue the plot but with different characters. But I don't think I can see them doing that.

Tommy
09-15-2016, 10:18 PM
The trailer for episode 2 suggests they are sticking with the same story at least for a little while...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KUjpSNDlY4&feature=youtu.be

Shannon
09-16-2016, 03:17 PM
You know the main reason I like this season so far? SO FAR it tells a God-damned coherent story. Not like ...

"THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS SEASON ON AMERICAN HORROR STORY WE'RE DEALING WITH AN INSANE ASYLUM, ALIENS, ZOMBIES, NAZIS, SERIAL KILLERS, ANNNNNNNNNNNNNND WEREWOLVES! TUNE IN NEXT WEEK TO SEE OUR STORY GO NOWHERE AND THE ENDING FALL INTO THE TOILET, SEE YOU THEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Other than the first season, which I thought was great, the other seasons have been huge fucking disappointments. Off to a good start, now stay that way!

Still Servant
09-18-2016, 03:58 PM
I'm definitely intrigued but will have to wait at least another episode or two to decide if I'm hooked by it. What I'm wondering about is the format. I assumed that we'd be following the people in the first episode for the whole season, but people seem to get the impression that each episode is going to jump to different people who lived in the house. I never got that impression, though.

That's what my thinking as well. Mainly because I don't see how they stretch the re-enactment/documentary thing all season with the same couple. It's just not going to work.

What I'm hoping they'll do (and what I thought they would) is to somehow bring together the real people (Lily Rabe and Real Matt, whose name I can't remember) and the actors playing them (Sarah Paulson, Cuba Gooding Jr., etc.). Maybe they're filming the re-enactment in the real house, and the actors start experiencing weird things so they bring in the real people to investigate with them. It would raise the stakes, I think, and make us care about the re-enactment characters (since we know they're just acting). The dramatic re-enactment/talking-to-the-camera thing might get old after awhile.

This is what I'm hoping for too.

On EW.com's recap they mentioned that Billie Dean (also played by Paulson) from Season 1 talked about the missing Roanoke colony, which I totally didn't remember.

That's a great catch. I will have to got back to the first season. As you mentioned, Paulson's character was a blink and you miss it character. If I remember correctly she plays a medium that's hired to inspect he house or something.

Still Servant
10-01-2016, 02:29 PM
So far this season hasn't really grabbed me.

One way it could redeem itself for is at some point the actors in the Re-Enactment begin to be terrorized. The whole crew too. It needs something because I'm not loving the format at the moment.

Ricky
10-01-2016, 05:03 PM
I feel ya, Mike. But this week's episode was my favorite so far. I guess because we finally got some insight into the mythology of the colony.

Tommy
10-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Kathy Bates :panic:

RUBE
10-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Disembowelment... not the way you want to go out.

Ricky
10-06-2016, 02:22 PM
Tell me about it. I was cringing. I felt that one. :lol:

Also, it really bothers me how in horror movies and TV shows a character leaves the safety of their house (with other people in it!) to go explore outside...and LEAVES THE FRONT DOOR OPEN. I was like, "Matt, are you kidding me? Your wife is in there!" :lol:

Heather19
10-07-2016, 05:32 AM
I'm enjoying this season. No it's not the best by any means, but so far it's leagues above last season.

Still Servant
10-08-2016, 07:20 PM
It takes some of the suspense away when you know the two lead characters are alive and well.

Ricky
10-09-2016, 08:53 AM
I know what you mean, but we don't know that for sure. Who's to say that the documentary, even though we're seeing the interviews now, was filmed years ago and the real Shelby and Matt died afterwards?

Still Servant
10-09-2016, 05:52 PM
I know what you mean, but we don't know that for sure. Who's to say that the documentary, even though we're seeing the interviews now, was filmed years ago and the real Shelby and Matt died afterwards?

They better be dead. That means something cool happened after shooting.

Heather19
10-10-2016, 06:12 AM
We are talking about AHS, so I don't think anything can be assumed. They could be dead, they could be alive, who knows.

Also I just started my rewatch of season 1. Its been forever since I've seen it. That season is pretty creepy. Also I wish they would bring back some of that cast for the newer seasons.

Still Servant
10-10-2016, 02:01 PM
We are talking about AHS, so I don't think anything can be assumed. They could be dead, they could be alive, who knows.

Also I just started my rewatch of season 1. Its been forever since I've seen it. That season is pretty creepy. Also I wish they would bring back some of that cast for the newer seasons.

I vote for Kate Mara.

Still Servant
10-10-2016, 03:43 PM
I keep forgetting to mention my idea for a setting for an upcoming AHS season. If I already mentioned it, just ignore me.

Anyway, there can't be many more horror trope settings left. I feel they need something different, which is why I tip my cap to them for this season. They are trying something different. I don't think it's been executed to perfection just yet, but there's still time.

Anyway, I think it would be cool if a season took place on a space station. There have been quite a few horror films that have taken place in space. I think there's a ton they can do with that setting. Is the space station being haunted by ghosts of past inhabitants or is it some kind of extraterrestrial being? Or... wait for it... both.

:emot-flame:

Tell me Kathy Bates as some kind alien possessed crazy lady wouldn't be fantastic!

Heather19
10-11-2016, 09:23 AM

I vote for Kate Mara.

Oh God no, I can't stand her :lol:

I was thinking more along the lines of Connie Britton or Dylan McDermott. Or even Taissa. I know she was back in Coven but another leading role would be good.

And Ricky I'd love it if they did a season in space.

ICry4Oy
10-11-2016, 09:27 AM
Regarding the ghosts or aliens in space thing, sounds like Extant.....sorta...

Still Servant
10-11-2016, 05:38 PM

I vote for Kate Mara.

Oh God no, I can't stand her :lol:

What is it with the hate some of you guys have for Kate Mara around here? I never knew she was so disliked. Maybe it's because I'm a New York Giants fan and her family owns the franchise. Who knows.

:(

Tommy
10-11-2016, 06:48 PM
I thought she was very convincing in that first season.

Regarding this season, I don't think the Roanoke Nightmare show is going to continue through to the last episode. I think we are going to find out that the three main interviewees are lying about their experience for some reason. Either that or something really funky/freaky is going to happen that can't be predicted.

Heather19
10-12-2016, 08:23 AM
Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention was that Rosita from the Walking Dead had a very brief appearance in the first episode.

Tommy
10-12-2016, 07:20 PM
Looks like the narrative will finally change next episode. Something that I don't get about what we've seen so far is that The Butcher clearly doesn't want anyone on her land. She seemed pleased with the idea of the house being burned down that Cricket, by way of Matt, offered her in exchange for helping them get Flora back. Why did The Butcher not have the house burned centuries ago if this idea pleased her? We saw in tonight's episode, and all the previous episodes as well, that the ghosts are capable of burning things so why not the house? And what the fuck was that thing crawling all over the house? That's freaked me out more than anything else so far. I need a backstory for that one! It might be better if we don't get one though....

Ricky
10-13-2016, 02:16 PM
I think the Butcher just wants people off her land and if the house gets destroyed, that's just a bonus.

So what's everyone's guess with how things are going to change next week? It looks like we're following the documentary crew. By the way they focused on Real Shelby saying she'd be happy to never have to see the house again it makes me think that somehow they're going to coax her back there. Like how Alan Grant keeps getting sucked back to Jurassic Park. :lol:

Still Servant
10-15-2016, 04:24 PM
I think the Butcher just wants people off her land and if the house gets destroyed, that's just a bonus.

So what's everyone's guess with how things are going to change next week? It looks like we're following the documentary crew. By the way they focused on Real Shelby saying she'd be happy to never have to see the house again it makes me think that somehow they're going to coax her back there. Like how Alan Grant keeps getting sucked back to Jurassic Park. :lol:

Yeah, that's my thinking too, as well as my hope.

Also, was it just me or was that episode really dark at times. I had a hard time making things out in certain scenes. Isn't there supposed to be a full moon out? If so, there should be way more natural light.

Ricky
10-15-2016, 07:02 PM
I thought that as well. Actually, I feel like a lot of the indoor scenes have been pretty dark this season.

becca69
10-20-2016, 06:25 AM
Looks like the narrative will finally change next episode. Something that I don't get about what we've seen so far is that The Butcher clearly doesn't want anyone on her land. She seemed pleased with the idea of the house being burned down that Cricket, by way of Matt, offered her in exchange for helping them get Flora back. Why did The Butcher not have the house burned centuries ago if this idea pleased her? We saw in tonight's episode, and all the previous episodes as well, that the ghosts are capable of burning things so why not the house? And what the fuck was that thing crawling all over the house? That's freaked me out more than anything else so far. I need a backstory for that one! It might be better if we don't get one though....

I think it's one of the Chen (I think that's their name) family members.

Heather19
10-20-2016, 02:05 PM
What'd you guys think of last night? Not sure if I like the change or not. Last nights episode wasn't that great. Hopefully the next few will be a lot better.

Ricky
10-20-2016, 03:48 PM
I enjoyed it, but I think the hype and secrecy around this season has been a little much. Last night was supposed to have a huge, game-changing twist (RM even said something like it would be the biggest twist the show had ever done) and I don't really feel like we got that. I mean, it was surprising to find out that only one of the people in the house will survive, but aside from that, nothing else really changes. We kind of figured that they were going to show the production of the show since it was in the promo for this week. I know they have to give out teasers and interviews to garner audience interest, but it kind of takes some of the fun away if you know a twist is coming.

I like that we got the actors and real people together (which was what I was hoping they'd do all along) and Kathy Bates' crazy actress, but I'm not 100% thrilled with the rest of the season being found footage. I think I would be liking the season better if they focused on the Roanoke colony in the past. Kind of like The Witch might be if it was a TV series.

Heather19
10-20-2016, 04:38 PM
That's what I was really hoping as well, that it would be more focused on the past and what happened. I also don't really see it as a big twist, just a change in narrative. I'd be all for them getting rid of the teasers. Maybe then the surprise would have been better.

RUBE
10-21-2016, 10:17 AM
I am not big on "found footage" but I did like the reveal that only one would survive. Now they can mess with us by making us think someone is about to die and then switching it on us. We will constantly be waiting to see who's next. It's much better than knowing they survive like we did in the first half of the season.

Tommy
10-21-2016, 03:32 PM
I am not big on "found footage" but I did like the reveal that only one would survive. Now they can mess with us by making us think someone is about to die and then switching it on us. We will constantly be waiting to see who's next. It's much better than knowing they survive like we did in the first half of the season.

I wonder if Kathy Bates' character is included in the "one survives" scenario? I'm guessing not since she is not technically part of the production. They are all crazy for being there, especially Matt, Shelby and Lee because they know what's up. After Rory's disappearance (I assume the nurses cleaned up?) I would leave immediately, contract or no. But if not for stupid people and stupid choices, we wouldn't have a horror genre to begin with.

I missed this cool little touch. Notice the torches burning in the background....

http://images.hellogiggles.com/uploads/2016/10/20073529/ahs-evan.gif

The nurses probably gave him a much more peaceful death than the settlers would have.

Tommy
10-21-2016, 03:34 PM

I think it's one of the Chen (I think that's their name) family members.

Agreed. Once I got another look at her/it, it became clear to me. :)

Ricky
10-21-2016, 03:48 PM
I didn't notice the torches the first time. Cool!

Also, regarding the Butcher, someone shouting "This is my land!" and running down Hollywood Boulevard probably wouldn't be too much of a stretch. :lol:

allasorte
10-21-2016, 06:29 PM
It takes some of the suspense away when you know the two lead characters are alive and well.

I know! Anyone else notice this? But with them revisiting the house, well, we know where this is going. :(
I haven't been a fan of this season at all. Better then last years, but that isn't saying much.

allasorte
10-21-2016, 06:31 PM
I keep forgetting to mention my idea for a setting for an upcoming AHS season. If I already mentioned it, just ignore me.

Anyway, there can't be many more horror trope settings left. I feel they need something different, which is why I tip my cap to them for this season. They are trying something different. I don't think it's been executed to perfection just yet, but there's still time.

Anyway, I think it would be cool if a season took place on a space station. There have been quite a few horror films that have taken place in space. I think there's a ton they can do with that setting. Is the space station being haunted by ghosts of past inhabitants or is it some kind of extraterrestrial being? Or... wait for it... both.

:emot-flame:

Tell me Kathy Bates as some kind alien possessed crazy lady wouldn't be fantastic!

I'd vote for a mortuary.

Still Servant
10-23-2016, 03:22 PM
Well, we all pretty much called that. I must say, they have my interest now more than ever this season.

Still Servant
11-19-2016, 07:36 PM
Dreadful finale.

Just checking in. Moving on to something else.

Heather19
11-20-2016, 07:11 AM
Agreed. I think I posted my thoughts in another thread, but I was disappointed. I really enjoyed the first part of the season but once they switched storylines it started to deteriorate for me. And the finale was just all over the place. It seemed like they were trying to cram way too many different things into that last episode. It just didn't work at all for me.

Tommy
11-20-2016, 07:36 AM
I think limiting the show to ten episodes might have been a mistake. One or two more episodes could have helped. I did not mind the finale although I don't think it was the strongest episode. The finales always have major issues with this show. The only ending I think they really got right so far is Season 1. That being said, I did enjoy this season. You have to check your brains at the door to a certain extent but the insanity and violence of it kept me interested until the end.

As far as the Dante's inferno theory I posted earlier, I think this season would represent the level of hell delegated to violence. This, to me anyway, definitely seemed like the most violent season so far. It will be interesting to see if the Inferno Theory actually checks out. It would mean that season 9 would be the final season.

Ricky
11-20-2016, 10:19 AM
And the finale was just all over the place. It seemed like they were trying to cram way too many different things into that last episode. It just didn't work at all for me.

This pretty much sums up my feeling about the finale. In terms of "shows" in the finale, we had:

- A true crime show about Lee's court case
- Crack'd
- Spirit Chasers
- Lana Winters Special
- A recording from Paleyfest

Plus all that was happening at the house in the present. It was just too much and really lacked focus.

EDIT: Was the true crime show and Crack'd the same thing? I don't even know.

Johnny Alien
11-21-2016, 05:29 AM
I disagree...while it seemed to be all over the place there was only one storyline that we followed from beginning to end. Different formats were used to follow it though. Compare that to Asylum where you really had a ton of stories...the nazis, the asylum, alien abductions, serial killers, etc. I think this was a top 3 season for me. Hotel was awful and Freak Show wasn't much better.

Tommy
11-21-2016, 05:49 AM
I think it was one of the better seasons as well, glad I'm not alone :) Hotel and Freak Show are definitely the two worst seasons for me.

Heather19
11-21-2016, 08:34 AM
Really? I love Freakshow. I'd rank it #2 after Murder House. Where would I rank this one? Maybe in the middle. It was definitely better than Hotel. I should rewatch Asylum again though, it's been so long.

Johnny Alien
11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Freak Show wasn't as bad as Hotel but it was slow moving and never really went anywhere. If I could have had every episode be about Twisty the clown I might change my opinion. They tried to duplicate the interesting music moments that Asylum had but failed hard. Lobsterboy singing Nirvana was just strange and didn't work. Coven was a fun season but was more comedy than horror IMO. Hotel was just awful.

I would probably rank Asylum as number 2 in my top 3 but it was really crazy and all over the place. The parts that worked REALLY worked though so that makes up for it being off the deep end as far as cramming in as much as they could. This season was easily better than Hotel and Freak Show though.

Ricky
11-21-2016, 02:56 PM
Freak Show and Hotel are the ones I haven't seen yet, but everyone's comments are not giving me high hopes for them.

Tommy
11-21-2016, 03:10 PM
They are plenty of bright spots for both of those seasons. Freak Show has some terrific performances, some of the best out of the entire franchise really. Pepper's episode was my favorite I think. And I'm still hoping Neil Patrick Harris comes back for another season because his character was great.

Hotel has fantastic atmosphere, my favorite locale from all the seasons is the hotel. It's perhaps the most stylish of the seasons. Denis O'Hare and Evan Peters characters are the best parts of that season for me. They bring much needed life to the screen when they appear.

Still Servant
11-21-2016, 05:11 PM
The other problem with the format of the show this season is that, for much of the season, they were bound by the "found footage" style. Meaning, some of my favorite things like cinematography and lighting go out the window. It's a small nitpick, but it really kept me from enjoying major parts of the show. In general, I just don't like found footage stuff.

I'm actually really surprised people are putting it in their top 3. The lack of likeable characters alone hurts this season for me.

Ricky
11-21-2016, 06:00 PM
I don't care if the characters are likable or not, but I do need to care about them. And, for the most part, I didn't.

RUBE
11-23-2016, 09:48 AM
I thought it was a good season mainly by focusing on one main storyline. The found footage/reality show/video blog way of presenting it, along with how they portrayed actors, was a critique of how entertainment is produced and consumed now. I found that a little over the top. Other than that and a few minor things (you can't make jerky in a few minutes and you are not getting around on a leg people cut meat out of), I enjoyed the season.

mae
07-21-2017, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gQI1SpygLY

Still Servant
07-25-2017, 05:38 PM
Looks interesting, but I've grown tired of AHS.

I think they need to get back to telling more traditional horror stories. I applaud them for sticking to the themed seasons, but it's more of a gimmick for me at his point.

Tommy
07-31-2017, 05:47 PM
By the way, has anyone else read the theory that each of the seasons represents a different circle of Dante's Inferno? The idea being that each season has it's own particular sin. Of course, all the seasons contain multiple sins but it can be argued that there is a main sin for each.

Season 1 - Lust
Season 2 - Fraud
Season 3 - Treachery (or possibly Anger)
Season 4 - Greed
Season 5 - Gluttony

The fact that each season is in a common, central area (or circle) also lends credence to this theory. If true, maybe we will get 9 seasons altogether.

Was close....

Ryan Murphy May Have Finally Explained How Each 'American Horror Story' Season Is Connected (https://www.glamour.com/story/american-horror-story-inferno-fan-theory)

That means just two more seasons after this upcoming one.

Considering how violent Season 6 was I thought for certain that was the main sin. So Lust and Violence are still up for grabs. Hard to imagine a season more violent than 6, sheesh!

Tommy
08-21-2017, 01:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0csnVQ0ZKA

Shannon
09-06-2017, 12:13 AM
What the fuck was that? Jesus Christ that was disappointing. I gave it a one out of five. Painful to watch. I'm a big fan of the show, but I'm giving this season ONE more episode, and it better be MUCH better for me to continue.

Fuck.

Ricky
09-06-2017, 03:00 PM
The premiere was a big MEH for me. Aside from the political stuff that I didn't care for (there's enough politics in real life that I don't need it in my escapism TV also), it felt weird for the sake of being weird. Clown sex? Kai peeing into a condom and making a water balloon? Winter getting Oz to watch someone being stabbed to death? Come on.

Also, does Sarah Paulson have it in her contract that she's the main character each season? I love her and think she's super talented, but let's have some variety in main actresses.

Tommy
09-06-2017, 03:05 PM
The first ten minutes traumatized me all over again.

Clown sex will always be good nightmare fuel.

It's not one of the better openers that's for sure but it might have potential for something good, I hope.

ICry4Oy
09-07-2017, 08:37 AM
I'm like Ricky with the "MEH".

I already lived thru the horror story that the last election was and had no desire to relive it.

I guess I'll give it a try but will probably bail out a few episodes in like I have on all but the first AHS season.

But I did enjoy the clown sex! dijstol?

Still Servant
09-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Also, does Sarah Paulson have it in her contract that she's the main character each season? I love her and think she's super talented, but let's have some variety in main actresses.

They do have a hard-on for Paulson. FX in general loves the shit out of her. She won an Emmy for The People vs. O.J Simpson. I think she's a great actress, but I thought she was overacting here.

I'm not sure where this season is going, but I'm inclined to give it a chance.

Tommy
09-07-2017, 07:39 PM
It's bordering on being pure satirical farce instead of a horror show. Some of the dialogue is just plain ridiculous to a point where I have to believe it was meant that way. On a good note, Winter is freaking me out.

TCCBodhi
09-07-2017, 08:07 PM
I have to say that Sarah Paulson is spot on to the intensity of an irrational anxiety attacks after witnessing a number of them from my husband this summer. She plays it more for almost comedic effect, but when they are going on, they override EVERYTHING including love ones. They are scary as shit to witness.

Tommy
09-07-2017, 08:16 PM
I have to say that Sarah Paulson is spot on to the intensity of an irrational anxiety attacks after witnessing a number of them from my husband this summer. She plays it more for almost comedic effect, but when they are going on, they override EVERYTHING including love ones. They are scary as shit to witness.

I do agree with that. I know several folks that have phobias and she does a good job there.

Ricky
09-08-2017, 05:38 PM
I don't like things with small holes close together (like hermit crab holes in the sand...or crackers) either, but it's not necessarily a phobia. I also didn't know it was a real phobia until a couple years ago.

Shannon
09-08-2017, 08:52 PM
American Horror Story: Cult

American Horror Story: Sarah Paulson Cries Hysterically About Holes For An Hour A Week

Still Servant
09-12-2017, 05:15 PM
On a good note, Winter is freaking me out.

She was actually really good on Scream Queens too. FYI, that's actually Carrie Fisher's daughter.

Tommy
09-19-2017, 09:03 PM
Well that episode was batshit crazy. :wtf:

Still Servant
09-20-2017, 03:19 PM
It's getting better. It holds my attention, so I'm cool with it.

Iwritecode
09-21-2017, 10:02 AM
I'm beginning to question why I continue to watch. Last season was a struggle but I made it through. The show has been going downhill since 'Hotel' IMO. I'm completely lost at what is going on and none of the characters are even all that likeable.

I'm also amazed at how many of the actors haven't come back for this season. Where is Kathy Bates? Denis O'Hare? Angela Bassett? One of the things I really enjoyed about the show was seeing the same actors in different roles each season. By my count (unless they plan on bringing in more later) there are only 4 that have returned from previous seasons.

Ricky
09-21-2017, 10:07 AM
I'm with you, Iwritecode. I feel at this point they're going for creepy stuff for creepy's sake instead of focusing on the story like in Season 1. Murder House had tons of creepy stuff, but it was secondary to the story (not to mention the structure was a lot more coherent). In three episodes we've got: clown phobias, a clown cult of some kind, a weird gas truck, a therapist (who I'm convinced is the mastermind behind the cult, triggering his patients' fears), and weird Kai--who I really can't stand--and Winter stuff. I'm all for side plots and seeing the "bigger picture" later on, but at three episodes in I don't have a clue where this season is going. And that's not a good thing.

Iwritecode
09-21-2017, 10:13 AM
I'm also having a hard time with the actions of the characters. I know watching a TV show requires some suspension of disbelief, but the way they are reacting to things just seems odd to me. They glossed over the shooting of the restaurant worker so quickly that I forgot that had even happened by the next episode. Seeing the neighbors show up on the doorstep with sombrero's really confused me for a minute or two. Who the hell does that anyway? Taco bell coupons? Seriously?

And why the hell has Winter not been fired? She just lets random people and pets into the house like it's no big deal.

Why is Ivy more upset about what she saw in that 2-second clip of a video than the fact that a) someone put the camera in their bathroom b) posted the video on the internet and c) made it available to her own kid?

ICry4Oy
09-21-2017, 01:37 PM
This has got to be the worst season yet.

Still Servant
09-21-2017, 03:52 PM
I'm also having a hard time with the actions of the characters. I know watching a TV show requires some suspension of disbelief, but the way they are reacting to things just seems odd to me. They glossed over the shooting of the restaurant worker so quickly that I forgot that had even happened by the next episode. Seeing the neighbors show up on the doorstep with sombrero's really confused me for a minute or two. Who the hell does that anyway? Taco bell coupons? Seriously?

I just assumed they are crazy and in on the whole thing.

webstar1000
09-21-2017, 04:16 PM
This has got to be the worst season yet.

None were good after the first season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iwritecode
09-22-2017, 05:42 AM

I just assumed they are crazy and in on the whole thing.

I'm sure they are. But that whole interaction was just weird. She didn't even try to defend her actions to them. I think that's why it took me a minute to figure out what they hell they were even talking about.

Heather19
10-04-2017, 07:25 AM
Not sure about this season. Still have last night's episode to watch but so far it's been a little blah. I wish they would cut out the election stuff and focus on phobias and cults. There's so much going on, seems like it would be a lot better if they focused it down on one thing.

Ricky
10-04-2017, 08:11 AM
Agree with everything you said, Heather. I feel like Ryan Murphy thinks he's being clever with the election and pop culture satire, but it's kind of irritating. More horror, less satire.

Still Servant
10-06-2017, 03:26 PM
I think you guys know me well enough to know that I'm no prude when it comes to violence, language or nudity. I've seen some crazy stuff in film, TV and video games. A film called Man Bites Dog is one of my favorite films of all-time. Family and friends have even mentioned that I've become desensitized to violence. Who knows. They might be right, which brings me to the most recent episode of American Horror Story.

I had a really hard time with the nail gun scene. I honestly found myself caught off guard at how disturbed I was. I'm not really sure why. I've certainly seen crazier things. Maybe it's because I'm getting older. Maybe it's because this season of AHS is just plain terrible. Whatever the reason, I found the scene unnecessarily violent.

Heather19
10-06-2017, 04:20 PM
It was pretty brutal. The one thing I can't do is extreme torture, so that scene and the one with the gimp hanging there really bothered me.

Tommy
10-06-2017, 06:59 PM
The nail gun scene and the gimp scene are the best scenes of the season so far! :evil: Oh and the Beverly Hope remix video from the previous episode. This season is fucked. :nana:

Iwritecode
10-31-2017, 05:15 AM
This show has gotten almost unwatchable. My wife and I watched the last couple of episodes and basically kept asking each other throughout the viewing, why we continue to watch. At this point they've killed off like 80% of the characters that were introduced in the first couple episodes. I'm not even sure who's left besides the lesbian couple and Chaz Bono's character.

Also that whole have sex with the dude that is currently trying to impregnate your sister scene was a little too far out for me. I get that cult leaders do some pretty creepy shit but come on now... :nope:

Ricky
10-31-2017, 01:04 PM
I agree with your spoiler.I understand the point was to show that Kai's twisted and really doesn't seem to have a master plan, but it was just a little too much.

I really enjoyed the two episodes before this one. If the whole season were like those, I'd love this season. But it's just been so uneven. I really don't care about any of the characters (including Ally).

Still Servant
11-02-2017, 04:45 PM
This season is a joke. I'm not sure what they were going for this year. I still stand by my idea of having a season take place on a space station. I think there's a ton they can do and space horror literally has its own genre.

Heather19
11-02-2017, 05:57 PM
That would be awesome.

As for this season, it's so boring. I just got caught up and watched the last 2 episodes today. Normally I can't wait to watch them.

Ricky
11-02-2017, 06:06 PM
And this is what happens when Ryan Murphy creates a show and abandons it to create 7 other new shows. Pretty sure he's only responsible for the initial season concepts at this point.

Still Servant
11-03-2017, 01:58 PM
And this is what happens when Ryan Murphy creates a show and abandons it to create 7 other new shows. Pretty sure he's only responsible for the initial season concepts at this point.

I think they have to get back to basics. The last two seasons have been somewhat experimental in nature. The first season is still the best for my money and had a more traditional horror vibe.

Tommy
11-03-2017, 02:10 PM
I am in the process of re-watching Season 1 and it does make me appreciate just how good this show can be when it's done right. I don't outright hate this current season as much as I did at the beginning. It's grown on me a little bit, like a fungus. I do find myself wanting to know how it all ends. But it pales in comparison to the first season quite a bit. Another thing about this season, Evan Peters is doing a lot of the heavy lifting and has put a lot of effort into the various roles his played. Without him, there really wouldn't be a season at all this year. I've also enjoyed Sarah Paulson's character arc.

Still Servant
11-03-2017, 02:17 PM
I am in the process of re-watching Season 1 and it does make me appreciate just how good this show can be when it's done right. I don't outright hate this current season as much as I did at the beginning. It's grown on me a little bit, like a fungus. I do find myself wanting to know how it all ends. But it pales in comparison to the first season quite a bit. Another thing about this season, Evan Peters is doing a lot of the heavy lifting and has put a lot of effort into the various roles his played. Without him, there really wouldn't be a season at all this year. I've also enjoyed Sarah Paulson's character arc.

You hit the nail on the head. Peters is working his ass off. He's great as usual, but there's almost too much of him. The show seems way more self contained as opposed to previous seasons.

Iwritecode
11-10-2017, 09:07 AM
I saw Evan on Conan a few weeks ago and he mentioned something about playing 6 different serial killers. At the time I thought that he meant that his character Kai was made up from 6 different people. I didn't realize that he would literally be playing 6+ different characters throughout the show.

The finale is next week and the only reason I'm looking forward to it is because this season will finally be over. We are down to what, 2 characters that have actually survived the entire season from the first episode? 3 if you count the kid?

Still Servant
11-10-2017, 12:52 PM
I saw Evan on Conan a few weeks ago and he mentioned something about playing 6 different serial killers. At the time I thought that he meant that his character Kai was made up from 6 different people. I didn't realize that he would literally be playing 6+ different characters throughout the show.

The finale is next week and the only reason I'm looking forward to it is because this season will finally be over. We are down to what, 2 characters that have actually survived the entire season from the first episode? 3 if you count the kid?

I'm counting down too. I just want it to be over.

The scenes where Peters is playing other cult leaders adds nothing to the main story. It's just a way for the show to tie in real-life cult leaders. The biggest issue with the show is that there are no protagonists. There's a reason that pretty much every film, TV show, book and video game has a protagonist. Without one, there's nobody to root for.

Terribly produced show this year.

Iwritecode
11-10-2017, 01:05 PM

The scenes where Peters is playing other cult leaders adds nothing to the main story. It's just a way for the show to tie in real-life cult leaders. The biggest issue with the show is that there are no protagonists. There's a reason that pretty much every film, TV show, book and video game has a protagonist. Without one, there's nobody to root for.

I guess I didn't realize it until you said it, but you are right. There really isn't any one character that I care about living or dying on the show. I *think* we are supposed to be rooting for Ally but ever since she turned and joined the cult I really can't. Even if she's doing it simply to save her son. I was rooting a little bit for Winter since it seemed she was only going along everything because she loved her brother but she's gone now too.

I can't even tell the other members apart. I hear Kai say their nick-names but if you lined them all up together I wouldn't have a clue which one was which.

Still Servant
11-10-2017, 02:41 PM

I guess I didn't realize it until you said it, but you are right. There really isn't any one character that I care about living or dying on the show. I *think* we are supposed to be rooting for Ally but ever since she turned and joined the cult I really can't. Even if she's doing it simply to save her son. I was rooting a little bit for Winter since it seemed she was only going along everything because she loved her brother but she's gone now too.

I can't even tell the other members apart. I hear Kai say their nick-names but if you lined them all up together I wouldn't have a clue which one was which.

When Ally turned, I checked out. They could have had a good thing going where she brings the whole thing down. They still might, but at this point I'm not sure I care.

Ricky
11-10-2017, 02:50 PM
The finale is next week and the only reason I'm looking forward to it is because this season will finally be over.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Shannon
11-10-2017, 05:08 PM
Shitty season of TV, but ... and I only say this as an interesting opinion ... the first episode was so "TURN THIS SHIT OFF NOW!" bad that it only got better from there, lol.

Heather19
11-11-2017, 06:35 AM
The finale is next week and the only reason I'm looking forward to it is because this season will finally be over.

Add me to the list too.

Still Servant
11-11-2017, 06:14 PM

Add me to the list too.

I will have to look around the internet and see if the general public shares this sentiment or if we are in the minority.

Ricky
11-19-2017, 07:36 PM
Well, the finale was pretty unthrilling. At least it's over now. Definitely my least favorite season. And I really don't know what they were thinking with Ally's character. Are we really supposed to side with her? She's definitely not innocent either.

Heather19
11-20-2017, 06:14 AM
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of this season either. Didn't really feel anything at the end. Ally lost all respect from me when she turned and joined the cult and started killing people herself. They could have done so much more for her character so that you'd root for her in the end. I came across some article that was saying how rotten tomatoes had really high ratings for this season, and some episodes scored a perfect 10. I think I must have been watching a completely different show :lol:

Ricky
11-20-2017, 09:12 AM
A perfect 10? In what world? :lol:

Heather19
11-20-2017, 10:04 AM
They must be in the twilight zone :lol:

Still Servant
11-20-2017, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of this season either. Didn't really feel anything at the end. Ally lost all respect from me when she turned and joined the cult and started killing people herself. They could have done so much more for her character so that you'd root for her in the end. I came across some article that was saying how rotten tomatoes had really high ratings for this season, and some episodes scored a perfect 10. I think I must have been watching a completely different show :lol:

I don't look at RT for TV shows. I still don't know where or how they get those ratings.

Anyway, the finale was an absolute turd. So glad it's over. I agree with you, the show went to shit when Ally turned. I get it, they're trying to show how anyone can be sucked into a cult. The problem with that, as discussed before, is that it left the show with no protagonist. The other issue is that once you see her do some of the stuff she does (fucking stabbing an innocent dude to death in a car) it's kind of hard to root for her again.

Just a complete mess and I'm not sure what they were thinking. I did watch a YouTube video the other day where the guy said it was one of his favorite seasons. I'm not sure what people are watching.

Tommy
11-20-2017, 05:23 PM
But was she sucked into the cult though? I felt like she manipulated her way in, gained trust and used that to get revenge on her wife and get her kid back. I don't think she ever bought into Kai's BS.

We've seen other people do despicable things on the show but were kind of made to root for them. All of Lang's characters did horrible things. Ally killing the guy in the car was her darkest moment for sure but I think she did that to save her deal with the feds. If Speedwagon's state cops came in, it could have potentially threatened the idea of her getting Oz back, perhaps the loss of any immunity the feds had promised her etc.

I feel like Murphy has further plans for Ally. I think we may see her again in a future season. I don't know why but I do.

Heather19
11-20-2017, 05:23 PM
So are we all in the minority here? Do most people actually like this season? I just find that so hard to believe.

Still Servant
11-20-2017, 05:31 PM
But was she sucked into the cult though? I felt like she manipulated her way in, gained trust and used that to get revenge on her wife and get her kid back. I don't think she ever bought into Kai's BS.

We've seen other people do despicable things on the show but were kind of made to root for them. All of Lang's characters did horrible things. Ally killing the guy in the car was her darkest moment for sure but I think she did that to save her deal with the feds. If Speedwagon's state cops came in, it could have potentially threatened the idea of her getting Oz back, perhaps the loss of any immunity the feds had promised her etc.

I feel like Murphy has further plans for Ally. I think we may see her again in a future season. I don't know why but I do.

Oh, god, I hope not.

You're right though, her plan all along was probably to infiltrate their cult. I was just giving them the benefit of the doubt, I suppose. I'm fine being in the minority on this one. When it comes to the mainstream audience, we are probably in the minority. They love torture porn films, so this is right up their alley.

Tommy
11-20-2017, 06:20 PM
I suppose we are in the minority, I read one article that ranked the seasons and it placed Cult at number 3 behind Murderhouse and Asylum.

Heather19
11-20-2017, 06:48 PM
:o

I'm pretty sure I've done this but here are my rankings, from best to worst:
Murder House
Freakshow
Asylum
Roanoke (mainly just for the first half, not a fan when they switched gears for the second part)
Coven
Hotel
Cult

Shannon
11-20-2017, 08:18 PM
Fuck this season.

American Horror Story: Season 1 (Murder House) - 12 episodes 4.5 (out of 5)
American Horror Story: Season 2 (Asylum) - 13 episodes 3.5
American Horror Story: Season 3 (Coven) - 13 episodes 3.75
American Horror Story: Season 4 (Freakshow) - 13 episodes 3.8
American Horror Story: Season 5 (Hotel) - 12 episodes 3.5
American Horror Story: Season 6 (Roanoke) - 10 episodes 3.6
American Horror Story: Season 7 (Cult) - 11 episodes 2.18

Ricky
11-21-2017, 04:03 PM
For me:

Murder House
Asylum
Coven
Roanoke
Cult

Quality keeps going down season-by-season for me. I have Freak Show and Hotel, but haven't seen them yet.

Heather19
11-21-2017, 04:09 PM
Why have you not watched Freakshow yet Ricky?.... :( It's easily one of the best.

Ricky
11-21-2017, 06:03 PM
Just haven't gotten around to it yet...and more new TV shows keep getting added to my list that I want to watch.

Still Servant
11-21-2017, 06:36 PM
The one thing that everyone seems to be in agreement on is that season 1 is the best.

Tommy
11-21-2017, 08:11 PM
The one thing that everyone seems to be in agreement on is that season 1 is the best.

Season 1 had the best finale. The other season finales have been disappointments.

Iwritecode
11-22-2017, 06:11 AM
Freakshow
Murder House
Asylum
Coven
Hotel
Roanoke
Cult

Freakshow has a special place for me mostly because that's the first season my wife and I watched. For some reason or another we just never got into the show until then. After we watched that season, we went back and watched the others.

I didn't think Hotel was that bad either but the dropoff since then has been pretty steep. I think losing so much of the re-occurring cast has been a big part of that.

Notably absent in Cult were: Denis O'Hare, Angela Bassett & Kathy Bates

Emma Roberts had a small and ultimately inconsequential role.

I miss Jessica Lange, Lily Rabe, Taissa Farmiga, Finn Wittrock and even Lady Gaga. I thought she was pretty good in Hotel.

Ricky
11-22-2017, 04:16 PM
Yeah, Lange and Rabe are two of my favorites from the show. I'm trying to figure out why the storytelling just hasn't been up-to-par the past couple seasons and the only thing I keep coming back to is they're trying to be too satirical and self-aware that they're putting good story/plot/characters behind being "clever."

Tommy
03-20-2018, 12:48 PM
Kathy Bates is coming back for season 8. :clap:

Still Servant
03-20-2018, 03:28 PM
They need her, but season 8 is going to be an important one for them.

Ricky
03-20-2018, 04:26 PM
Saw that Bates, Paulson, and Peters are going to be the leads for 8. Paulson and Peters are talented, but do we need to have them at the forefront of EVERY season? Let's switch up the leads a little. :rolleyes:

Heather19
03-21-2018, 05:37 AM
Yes, I agree. I don't mind them using the same cast, but I do wish they would switch up the leads every now and then. I was hoping when Connie left Nashville that she would come back but instead she went to that other show of theirs.

Still Servant
03-21-2018, 02:57 PM
Yes, I agree. I don't mind them using the same cast, but I do wish they would switch up the leads every now and then. I was hoping when Connie left Nashville that she would come back but instead she went to that other show of theirs.

Yeah, I wish they would freshen things up with different leads. Britton went to 9-1-1 and she's the best thing about an otherwise average show.

Heather19
03-22-2018, 09:09 AM
But I have zero desire to watch that show. I wish she was on this one instead.

Tommy
03-25-2018, 02:05 AM
omit

Still Servant
03-27-2018, 03:00 PM
But I have zero desire to watch that show. I wish she was on this one instead.

Yeah, you're not missing anything.

Tommy
04-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Joan Collins :cool:

Still Servant
06-04-2018, 04:45 PM
I've mentioned that I think it would be great for the show to take place on a space station. It's one of the horror sub genres they haven't explored yet.

However, I have another idea that is probably more plausible. What about if the season revolved around a haunted theater? There's something really spooky about old theaters. Yes, it might be a little too similar to AHS: Hotel, but where it would differ is with all the cool storylines you could do with ghosts haunting the theater.

Failed actors etc. There's a lot of inside Hollywood stuff they can throw in as well.

Heather19
06-04-2018, 05:25 PM
That would be pretty cool. I really hope they can capture some of the essence of the earlier seasons because this last one was horrible.

Ricky
06-04-2018, 05:35 PM
I agree, Heather. I don't find many things unwatchable, but Cult came pretty close.

And Mike, I like your old theater idea. That could be cool.

Tommy
06-04-2018, 05:42 PM
A raunchy thought I had was a season based around shall we say a house of ill repute? It would be awesome to get Lange back as a Madam. Just imagine the possibilities of that season, YIKES!

Joe315
06-04-2018, 10:50 PM
A raunchy thought I had was a season based around shall we say a house of ill repute? It would be awesome to get Lange back as a Madam. Just imagine the possibilities of that season, YIKES!

AHS: The Haunting of Whore House

Ricky
06-05-2018, 04:33 AM
Oh man. :rofl:

Tommy
06-05-2018, 05:54 AM

AHS: The Haunting of Whore House

:clap:

Still Servant
06-05-2018, 02:44 PM
I agree, Heather. I don't find many things unwatchable, but Cult came pretty close.

And Mike, I like your old theater idea. That could be cool.

Thanks, Ricky!

I never thought I'd say this after watching Cult, but I thought Versace might have been even more unwatchable.

Ricky
06-05-2018, 03:02 PM
What? How is that possible (I haven't seen it)? :o

Heather19
06-05-2018, 03:11 PM
I never watched the last 2 episodes of Versace and I just deleted them off my dvr...

Still Servant
06-05-2018, 05:55 PM
What? How is that possible (I haven't seen it)? :o

You know when people say, "Anything is possible"? This is what they are talking about.

I never watched the last 2 episodes of Versace and I just deleted them off my dvr...

This is a strength that I can only envy and wish for one day.

Heather19
06-06-2018, 05:29 AM
And the even crazier thing is that I honestly don't even care how it ended :lol:

I hope this isn't a trend with them now. Maybe they're trying to do too much? I saw previews for a new show premiering soon (can't remember the name?) but it looked like their style. Do they have another new show starting this summer?

Heather19
06-06-2018, 05:35 AM
Here we go, has anyone watched it yet?
Pose (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/think/amp/ncna879661)

Ricky
06-07-2018, 06:08 AM
I saw the previews and they didn't do anything for me. Looks like another Ryan Murphy self-indulgence project.

Tommy
06-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Not sure what self-indulgence project means but I am liking it so far. It's great to see five transgender actresses killing it on one show. :thumbsup:

mae
07-23-2018, 05:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH4eX9C_Hs8

Tommy
08-03-2018, 04:45 PM
Jessica Lange is coming back for 'American Horror Story: Apocalypse' (https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/08/03/jessica-lange-coming-back-american-horror-story-apocalypse-sarah-paulson-kathy-bates-fx/902989002/)

Still Servant
08-03-2018, 05:07 PM
Apocalypse means the end, right?

Tommy
08-03-2018, 06:06 PM

It's been renewed through to season 10 already.

Still Servant
08-10-2018, 05:06 PM

It's been renewed through to season 10 already.

:pullhair:

mae
08-17-2018, 06:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqRKkUqrN6E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WErtBGzTl1A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSJUjexie5s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hforsl9LbN8

Ricky
08-30-2018, 03:03 PM
Anyone else excited for Apocalypse?

ICry4Oy
08-31-2018, 09:31 AM

After the last few seasons, no.

Tommy
08-31-2018, 09:59 AM
I'm excited. Great cast and even when the show is bad, it's still one of the best photographed shows on TV.

Ricky
08-31-2018, 12:48 PM
The last two seasons (Cult way more than Roanoke) have disappointed me, but I'm cautiously optimistic about this one. Especially since so many of the Murder House and Coven actors are coming back.

Still Servant
09-03-2018, 06:31 AM

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Heather19
09-04-2018, 05:15 AM

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Same here. Last season was horrible. I'll check it out, but if it's not good I might quit.

mae
09-05-2018, 05:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2RzZRTqzbQ

Ricky
09-20-2018, 02:57 PM
I haven't seen episode two, but anyone want to talk Apocalypse?

Still Servant
09-20-2018, 04:05 PM
I haven't seen episode two, but anyone want to talk Apocalypse?

Fine. If you want...:rolleyes:

I actually enjoyed the first episode. It was kind of cheesy and cliche the way they portrayed the world "ending", but I will give them props for trying something different. I'm about to watch episode 2.

I still think my idea about having it take place on a spaceship is better though.

Tommy
09-21-2018, 03:43 AM
I'm loving this season so far. Did anyone notice the religious allegory that played out? Yeah, there were snakes but Emily and Timothy go to Langdon's room and look at his APPLE computer (eating from the tree of knowledge) and they immediately go and "fornicate" afterwards and then were cast out.

Also about Emily and Timothy. Are they descendants of Kit Walker? He had two children with two different women and the Aliens (if they were aliens) did something to them. Emily and Timothy are too young to be those kids but could be their grand kids or great grand kids. Did the aliens do something to their bloodline?

There is another theory about Roanoke and Lee. The first supreme gives her the boar's heart to eat just like the butcher as long as they slaughter for her. Might the Coven witches need Lee resurrected for some reason?

Is Langdon examining people to see which part of Hell they belong in? He starts with anger from Evan Peters and by the end, we see the end result. Did Peters "pass"? Has his place in hell been cemented?

Did the world really end? Given the number of twists this shows likes to throw at us, how can we believe that humanity is really nearly gone?

And what the fuck is up with that Kathy Bates scene at the end?

My interest is piqued to say the least.

RUBE
09-21-2018, 03:54 AM
I didn't realize until this episode that Langdon is the anti-christ baby from the first season, son of ghost Tate Langdon (the original rubber man) and Vivian Harmon (Connie Britton). So apparently Tate's ghost is following his son around somehow even though he wasn't suppose to be able to leave the house. That means we will see Evan Peters play at least two characters this year.

Tommy
09-21-2018, 04:15 AM
I didn't realize until this episode that Langdon is the anti-christ baby from the first season, son of ghost Tate Langdon (the original rubber man) and Vivian Harmon (Connie Britton). So apparently Tate's ghost is following his son around somehow even though he wasn't suppose to be able to leave the house. That means we will see Evan Peters play at least two characters this year.

Sarah Paulson is slated to play at least 3 characters as well. Is the Rubber Man Tate (I didn't think he was into guys considering how he killed the gay couple from season 1)? SO many questions!!

One of the biggest problems I had with Coven was Madison's death. She was one of the strongest witches there but allowed Kyle to strangle her. She could have transported out of the situation, she could have flung him across the room with telekinesis, she could control his mind and she could have set him on fire. So why exactly did she allow herself to be killed. I guess now that she is coming back, I might get my answer.

Ricky
09-21-2018, 04:31 AM
I watched episode 2 last night and thought it was pretty strong. As far as Tate being Rubber Man, I was thinking the same thing until it was revealed that Gallant killed his grandmother, not Rubber Man. Which made me think that it wasn't Tate at all and Langdon was just using a projection of a man in a rubber suit (since Gallant said he liked leather) to mess with him. Then again, who knows? The Outpost's design is pretty creative and these two eps. have definitely been atmospheric, but I'm getting antsy for the Murder House/Coven crossover. When Gold Dust Woman started playing I thought for sure that Stevie Nicks was going to be around the corner and set things off.

I'm loving this season so far. Did anyone notice the religious allegory that played out? Yeah, there were snakes but Emily and Timothy go to Langdon's room and look at his APPLE computer (eating from the tree of knowledge) and they immediately go and "fornicate" afterwards and then were cast out.

Hey, nice! I didn't make that connection.

And as far as the world really ending, I've read a few different posts where people are asking the same thing. I don't think it's such a bad question to be asking, especially because of the show's history for twists, like you said, and because we haven't really seen the outside world post-apocalypse, only told about it from people we can't really trust.

And what the fuck is up with that Kathy Bates scene at the end?

That was pretty unexpected, for sure. So other people seemed to think she didn't know she was a robot, but my initial impression when watching was just surprise at being shot. Thoughts?

Now that we've got one robot...what about Venable? What does the inclusion of robots mean for this season? :orely:

Tommy
09-21-2018, 04:42 AM
I really hope the storytelling continues to be this strong. This could turn out to be one of the best seasons considering all the set up from past seasons Murphy has done. I have no idea what will happen next and I love that!

Still Servant
09-22-2018, 03:38 PM
I'm enjoying things so far, but I feel like this season is missing the same thing that the past few seasons have missed and that's a strong protagonist to root for.

Ricky
09-22-2018, 04:06 PM
I feel like we're supposed to root for the two teenagers, but I don't feel too attached to them yet.

Still Servant
09-24-2018, 06:17 PM
I feel like we're supposed to root for the two teenagers, but I don't feel too attached to them yet.

The young lady is crazy beautiful, but I don't feel a connection to them and they've hardly had any screen time so far.

Tommy
09-26-2018, 07:27 PM
Excellent episode!

RUBE
09-26-2018, 07:30 PM
I'm rewatching season one before finishing this season. That first season is so much better than these recent ones but there isn't really many people to root for there either. Maybe the mom but the dad, daughter, neighbor, etc are not exactly people you are cheering for. However, the mysteries are more interesting so that seems to overshadow that.

Shannon
09-26-2018, 08:05 PM

Good catch! Thanks for letting the rest of the world in on the secret, lol. I doubt many remember that Tate/Constance's last name was Langdon, and/or the baby's name was Michael.

RUBE
09-26-2018, 09:07 PM
That's why I put it in a spoiler tag.

Tommy
09-27-2018, 07:49 PM
So....since the episode took place on Halloween, are Madison and Myrtle ghosts? I hadn't thought of that until just now.

Ricky
09-28-2018, 04:43 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too, but then they showed Madison in the preview for next week's episode and it looked like she was in a cashier's uniform. I'm wondering if maybe it's a flashback to her "Hell" from when she died in Coven and Michael Langdon went there to bring him to his side (a "you help me, I'll help you" kind of thing).

Some questions after this episode:

- Did Michael model Kathy Bates's robot character on Constance?

- Are the rest of the Outpost people (aside from Coco, Mallory, and Adina Porter) really dead?

- Where's Coco's husband (last seen killing Coco)?

- Why are the witches at the Outpost?

So many questions and I can't wait to find out the answers. I think (and hope) things are really gonna pick up even more--and get crazier--now. :thumbsup:

Tommy
09-28-2018, 07:41 PM
Yes, for the first time in many moons, I am eagerly awaiting the next episode. :thumbsup:

Shannon
09-28-2018, 07:57 PM
I'm thinking they're setting this season up to be the Witches vs. the Antichrist.

I'm going to wager a guess and say the Supreme Sarah Paulson Witch saw the end of the world and the rise of the Antichrist coming and formulated a plan with the witches. Wiped all of their memories, except for Madison and the one eyed old lady witch, sent them out to the outposts in groups of three. That's why we haven't seen Precious, Lily Rabe, Taissa (?) Farmiga, and the others yet, they're at different outposts and need to be "woken up."

I think Coco's husband/boyfriend is going to end up taking on the Trash Can Man/Renfield role.

Ricky
09-28-2018, 08:03 PM
I think Coco's husband/boyfriend is going to end up taking on the Trash Can Man/Renfield role.

That's an interesting thought...and could work nicely.

Tommy
09-28-2018, 08:25 PM
omit

Tommy
09-28-2018, 08:33 PM
I just read that there is something of a potential timeline error as well. Apocalypse seems to be happening in 2021. At the end of Hotel, a date of 2022 is given when Billie Dean stays at the Hotel to film there.

Still Servant
10-01-2018, 05:14 PM
I've seen every season, but they all kind of run together for me so I'm not sure I'm going to get as much out of this season as others.

I'm really hoping they didn't just kill that young couple off for no reason. Otherwise, what was the point of introducing them?

ICry4Oy
10-02-2018, 08:01 AM
I've seen every season, but they all kind of run together for me so I'm not sure I'm going to get as much out of this season as others.

I'm really hoping they didn't just kill that young couple off for no reason. Otherwise, what was the point of introducing them?

The young actor's (Kyle Allen) IMDB page says he's in 10 episodes this season.

Heather19
10-15-2018, 05:00 PM
So I'm finally all caught up. I didn't realize the season started because my dvr never taped it since they change the name every year. I had to find the first two episodes on OnDemand to watch, and I stupidly clicked on the first one that came up without reading the description. I was a little confused as to what was going on because they were already in the Outpost, and I thought it odd that they didn't elaborate on the apocalypse. Well it was episode 2 I started with so I then had to go and watch episode 1 :lol:

I'm with you. I'm enjoying this season so far, but I feel like I should have gone back and rewatched all the seasons first. It's been so long since I've seen some of them that I don't really remember everything that happened in them.

Tommy
10-15-2018, 05:12 PM
These videos helped jog a lot of memories, SPOILERS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxDEEd51RoE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ded9ByBbayc

A big question I have is that the first Supreme came to America back in the 14th century. She is seen still alive in the Roanoke Season. If the previous Supreme must die for the next to ascend then why or how is the first Supreme still out and about?

Ricky
10-17-2018, 06:54 AM
I am really enjoying this season, which is so nice after Cult. I'm liking the flashbacks they're doing, so I just hope it doesn't make them forget the storyline in the present. I still have a lot of questions. Tonight's episode has a lot riding on it (extra long runtime, return of Jessica Lange, return to Murder House, answers about Michael), so this could either make or break the season.

And Tommy, about your Supreme question, was Lady Gaga's Supreme alive, or was she just part of the ghosts-coming-back-during-the-Blood-Moon thing?

Tommy
10-17-2018, 07:10 AM
I am really enjoying this season, which is so nice after Cult. I'm liking the flashbacks they're doing, so I just hope it doesn't make them forget the storyline in the present. I still have a lot of questions. Tonight's episode has a lot riding on it (extra long runtime, return of Jessica Lange, return to Murder House, answers about Michael), so this could either make or break the season.

And Tommy, about your Supreme question, was Lady Gaga's Supreme alive, or was she just part of the ghosts-coming-back-during-the-Blood-Moon thing?

Well, Lady Gaga only played the actress that was playing the Supreme. We only get one real shot of Scathach when the real people move into the house for the final few episodes. Here is a quote from AHS wiki and I have read other places that she is immortal....

"Immortality - Scáthach is not susceptible to human weaknesses, thus being immune to all aging, disease, and death. "

The only thing I can think of is that her children if she had had any would have been witches as well and maybe that's when the line of supremes really began.

Ricky
10-17-2018, 02:35 PM
Ah, okay, now I'm remembering. I didn't recall that she was immortal, though. Maybe you're right and the line of Supremes began with any possible kids. A spell or something?

Tommy
10-17-2018, 02:50 PM
Ah, okay, now I'm remembering. I didn't recall that she was immortal, though. Maybe you're right and the line of Supremes began with any possible kids. A spell or something?

She really showed an interest in Lee Harris and seduced Lee's brother (possibly for the purposes of making more witches?). I wonder if there is something going on there. I must admit, I think about this show way too much. LOL Tonight's episode is about 20 minutes longer than all the previous ones this season.

For a while there I was buying into the theory that Mallory might be an angel and the witches do not realize it yet. Michael's confrontation with her leads him to speak with his father and Michael says something like "I thought I had killed them all." But he couldn't have been talking about witches because he knew exactly who Dinah was, a witch herself. My friend pointed out that if Mallory is an angel, would a poisoned apple have killed her? Is it that easy to kill angels? So many questions!!

RUBE
10-18-2018, 04:08 AM
The Return to Murder House episode was pretty good even with the fan service and revelation of information that we already knew. (Of course Murder House being my favorite season might be clouding my judgment.) We did need to know how Michael got from baby-sitter killing tot to anti-Christ teen. Here I thought he just aged faster than normal but I guess you can employ less actors going with a sudden change in size like they did.

Tommy
10-23-2018, 08:18 PM
I have some questions about how the the ghosts work in Murder House so spoilers ahead....

I thought it was very clever during the first season that only men that looked at women as sex objects saw Moira as young and beautiful. But women and those with true respect for women saw Moira as an older woman with the "ghostly" eye. It's a clever idea but when Constance kills Moira, she is a young woman. Why exactly did her ghost grow old and none of the other ghosts age?

Also, the thing about the bones. Apparently the rules are you not only have to be killed in the Murder House but your bones must remain on the property somewhere, somehow. We know this because Moira is set free when her bones are laid to rest. My question is Tate was killed by the cops in that house but surely they did not bury his bones in the yard. Why is he still there? Same for many other characters. Was Ben just left to rot there? Was Constance just left on her couch after her suicide. Wouldn't these people's remains have been removed from the house thus freeing them from being stuck there?

Ricky
10-24-2018, 09:17 AM
Good question about the bones.

Overall, I really liked Return to Murder House and thought Jessica Lange's performance was outstanding. Though, as much as I'm liking these past few flashback episodes and the season as a whole, I really would like to catch up to the action in the present, especially with only 4 episodes left.

RUBE
10-24-2018, 10:35 AM
I don't think your bones have to be there to get stuck there but if they are there is absolutely no way to "unstick" you. I also think the witch/warlock combo performed some unseen ceremony to exercise her from the property.

There was at least one other undead thing that aged. Thaddeus (the infantata) was definitely bigger/older than the baby that was killed. Of course he is still part flesh so the regular rules probably don't apply. Maybe it is as simple as that is how she wished to appear. Some of the others (like Mrs. Montgomery) barely realize they are ghosts. Since they are stuck in their last moments then they don't have the opportunity/ability to grow/age. I doubt we will ever get a definite answer but this is one of the inconsistencies that doesn't bother me.