PDA

View Full Version : Best Baddy in the SK universe?

jsr
10-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi, Who do you think is the villian in the SK universe? Personally I think Flagg is the coolest of the lot, what do you think?

DoctorDodge
10-11-2011, 12:19 PM
I'll be honest, relatively speaking, I haven't read that many novels of King. I mean i've probably read about a little under ten, other than all the Dark Tower novels, of course, but yeah, i'll be honest, Flagg is still my favourite villain. He's a total bastard, but he's a pretty fun bastard at times!

pathoftheturtle
10-11-2011, 12:21 PM
What's the T in ST universe?

jsr
10-11-2011, 01:04 PM

OOPS! I meant SK not ST. my bad!

Merlin1958
10-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Well I imagine RF will get lots of votes, but to me "Burnsie" from Black House was a particularly vile and nasty individual!!!

:belial:

Ben Staad
10-11-2011, 05:40 PM
Maybe because this is freshest to me but I think Lester (I think thats his name) from Big Driver was the creepiest bad guy. For me I always thought that Barlow was pretty freaking cool.

Merlin1958
10-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Maybe because this is freshest to me but I think Lester (I think thats his name) from Big Driver was a vile character.

He was nasty, but Burnsie was a Pedophile and Murderer. Trumps plain old serial killer any day of the week!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Ben Staad
10-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Maybe because this is freshest to me but I think Lester (I think thats his name) from Big Driver was a vile character.

He was nasty, but Burnsie was a Pedophile and Murderer. Trumps plain old serial killer any day of the week!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Your probably right. He was a very nasty and creepy dude.

Girlystevedave
10-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Collie Entragian from Desperation is probably the one that has disturbed me the most from all the SK novels I've read.
Also, worth mentioning: Norman Daniels from Rose Madder. :shudders:

Sure, there are bad characters that are more epic than these two and may have had more of an impact on the entire SK universe, but these two always creeped me the f*ck out.

Jean
10-11-2011, 11:57 PM

OOPS! I meant SK not ST. my bad!

fixed

candy
10-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Well I imagine RF will get lots of votes, but to me "Burnsie" from Black House was a particularly vile and nasty individual!!!

I agree, as much as Flagg was scarey in The Stand he lost it for me in The Dark Tower, and i think once you have lost it you can not reconnect with the scarey again

Merlin1958
10-12-2011, 04:29 PM

I agree, as much as Flagg was scarey in The Stand he lost it for me in The Dark Tower, and i think once you have lost it you can not reconnect with the scarey again

Good Point!!!

To be perfectly honest, IMO the biggest baddie in the SK universe is without a doubt, The Boston Red Sux!!!! LOL LOL Talk about evil, Pedro through an 80 year old coach to the ground!!!

:YYY:

Stockerlone
10-14-2011, 11:15 AM
My fav. baddy is George Stark (Dark Half)

Ben Staad
10-15-2011, 06:38 AM

Good Point!!!

To be perfectly honest, IMO the biggest baddie in the SK universe is without a doubt, The Boston Red Sux!!!! LOL LOL Talk about evil, Pedro through an 80 year old coach to the ground!!!

:YYY:

In Pedros defense...Don is a pretty intimidating looking dude when you take away his walker. :belial:

pathoftheturtle
10-15-2011, 10:38 AM
It.

Ben Staad
10-15-2011, 10:45 AM
It.

:doh: 'nuff said.

costanza
10-15-2011, 01:39 PM

I love that High Toned Son of a Bitch

jsr
10-15-2011, 01:42 PM

I love that High Toned Son of a Bitch

"Don't <bleep> with me, because when your <bleeping> with me, you're <bleeping> with the best" Love that line!

Jon
10-16-2011, 05:25 AM
Kurt Dussander from Apt Pupil is my personal greatest fear...no I am not Jewish.

To know someone actually gets a thrill doing that to another person to the point that they must do it to animals at his age. The ultimate serial killer! Though Todd Bowden is no treat either.

Odetta
10-16-2011, 06:29 AM
Pennywise

Bad Karma
10-16-2011, 08:25 AM
I think if we all could one day, follow the roads which are certain to be left unwritten by Sai King; they all would lead back to the Crimson King one way or another...so I'd say the CK. He who lies behind the shadows, nameless, faceless, scares the shit outta me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than some insane, fat, SOB with pediophilia tendencies.

Merlin1958
10-16-2011, 08:32 AM
I think if we all could one day, follow the roads which are certain to be left unwritten by Sai King; they all would lead back to the Crimson King one way or another...so I'd say the CK. He who lies behind the shadows, nameless, faceless, scares the shit outta me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than some insane, fat, SOB with pediophilia tendencies.

I hear ya, but then again, the Insane, fat, SOB, Pedophile is more real than the CK, no?

pathoftheturtle
10-16-2011, 12:12 PM
I think if we all could one day, follow the roads which are certain to be left unwritten by Sai King; they all would lead back to the Crimson King one way or another...so I'd say the CK. He who lies behind the shadows, nameless, faceless, scares the shit outta me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than some insane, fat, SOB with pediophilia tendencies.Well, I think a good villain is believable. If SK is such a good author to you that you believe in all of them, I guess then it's just a question of which is most big and bad. Some of us just didn't ultimately find the CK so convincing.

Merlin1958
10-16-2011, 04:42 PM
I think if we all could one day, follow the roads which are certain to be left unwritten by Sai King; they all would lead back to the Crimson King one way or another...so I'd say the CK. He who lies behind the shadows, nameless, faceless, scares the shit outta me WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than some insane, fat, SOB with pediophilia tendencies.Well, I think a good villain is believable. If SK is such a good author to you that you believe in all of them, I guess then it's just a question of which is most big and bad. Some of us just didn't ultimately find the CK so convincing.

EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! !!!!!!!!!

LOL

Jean
10-17-2011, 03:26 AM
It.

:doh: 'nuff said.
Right.

Bad Karma
10-17-2011, 08:53 AM

Well, i see your point...do I "believe" in the CK? Not hardly...but as the thread topic is "The Best Baddy IN THE SK UNIVERSE"...i was basing my opinion on being "in" the SK universe...in which the CK does exist...as does the Tower.

I just think the "faceless" CK represents pure evil, chaos, etc...that which is at the heart of every "scary" thing in the world.

After all, the main point of us paying Taxes is to avoid just that....Chaos/(evil).

And...if that's what our government exists for, to avoid Chaos, to avoid evil, then that admits to the government believing in EVIL...which in turn means the govt recognizes the struggle between Good and Evil, or the white vs the red/CK itself.

costanza
10-17-2011, 11:08 AM
He who walks behind the rows/Rose.

Jean
10-17-2011, 11:25 AM
He who walks behind the rows/Rose. best baddy or not, this is certainly one of the best lines Sai King has ever written, and one of my very favorites

pathoftheturtle
10-17-2011, 11:28 AM
He who walks behind the rows/Rose. best baddy or not, this is certainly one of the best lines Sai King has ever written, and one of my very favoritesReally? You don't think it's corny? :lol:

Jean
10-17-2011, 11:36 AM
no, do you? maybe it's my imperfect command of English, or something, but I find the line he who walks behind the rows absolutely perfect, for its both rhythmic and goosebump-giving value. Any corniness traceable only makes it creepier, as it is always the case when plain or trivial objects turn their sinister side on one.

pathoftheturtle
10-17-2011, 11:42 AM
... maybe it's my imperfect command of English, or something ...Yes, but just in missing my play on words. That was simply a pun. Actually, I agree with you completely. Only my joke has corniness.

Jean
10-17-2011, 11:59 AM
oh shit, right... bears have always been so proud that they seldom miss a pun, that of course the fall was inevitable sooner or later. The only excuse bears have is the jet lag...

Empath of the White
10-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Patrick Hockstetter.

Merlin1958
10-25-2011, 05:43 PM
As far as body count goes, I'd have to say "Captain Trips"!!!!!

Baby, can you dig it????

beam*seeker
02-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Another vote for Pennywise.

harrison ryan
02-21-2012, 04:19 PM
I always thought Randall Flagg was the best. DTVII kinda took the piss out of that, but he's still my favorite.

ICry4Oy
02-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Flagg in all his incarnations is my fave baddy.

Honorable mentions: Burney...Mr. Munshun...Gasher!