View Full Version : "Reputation" feature

Pages : 1 [2]

Talisgirl19
05-25-2017, 01:13 PM
I click the reps and raise the most, and still insist I write more posts :P:P

TravelinJack
05-25-2017, 01:47 PM

Gotta give it to ya, very clever twist of Bill Denbrough's "He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts."

zelig
05-25-2017, 01:57 PM

Gotta give it to ya, very clever twist of Bill Denbrough's "He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the ghosts."

Very clever.

Br!an
05-25-2017, 02:03 PM

Very clever.

If she's fishing for rep points, it worked!

TravelinJack
05-25-2017, 02:04 PM

Very clever.

If she's fishing for rep points, it worked!

Agreed.

Eternal Unity
05-04-2019, 09:01 AM
Merlin58, you are absolutely cool. It took me 1 post to see that!

Greg

Merlin1958
05-04-2019, 09:10 AM
Merlin58, you are absolutely cool. It took me 1 post to see that!

Greg

:cool::cool::cool:

HerbziKal
08-11-2019, 04:45 AM
It may be because I haven't got profile access yet, but I can't figure out how the rep system works?
When I make a post I can see the little brown star that tells me how many reps the post has / how many I have in total, but I can't see the reps of other posts / users, and I can't see how to give them out myself?
I checked the FAQ, but nothing there. Please help!

Br!an
08-11-2019, 05:11 AM
It may be because I haven't got profile access yet, but I can't figure out how the rep system works?
When I make a post I can see the little brown star that tells me how many reps the post has / how many I have in total, but I can't see the reps of other posts / users, and I can't see how to give them out myself?
I checked the FAQ, but nothing there. Please help!

There are a few features that don't fully function until you've reached five posts. It's an anti-spam thing. You should be good to go now though. The rep you give at first is neutral no matter if you choose positive or negative. After a while the system will stop neutralizing your given rep.

Just click the six pointed star on any post other than your own. You can then choose positive (recommended) or negative rep. You can make a comment. You have to type your name if you want it known, otherwise the comment is anonymous.

HerbziKal
08-11-2019, 07:10 AM
Ah thank you again!

St. Troy
08-12-2019, 12:16 PM
Just click the six pointed star...

I always thought it was odd that a six-pointed star was used; I wondered, is this like I'm being "the sheriff" or something?

Randall Flagg
08-12-2019, 02:33 PM
Just click the six pointed star...

I always thought it was odd that a six-pointed star was used; I wondered, is this like I'm being "the sheriff" or something?
Just one of the things that the vbulletin designers chose to use as an icon.

Corfe
11-15-2019, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the information

Br!an
11-16-2019, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the information

You are still welcome. :smile:

Picklemaniac
11-20-2019, 07:11 AM
Sounds awesome! Has this been implemented yet? If so, how do I use it?

fernandito
11-20-2019, 08:42 AM
Sounds awesome! Has this been implemented yet? If so, how do I use it?

On the bottom left hand side, beneath a user's 'Feedback Score' is a star looking icon. Click on it, and you can either give Good or Bad rep, with the option to leave a note on why you chose either.

Note: I believe this will become available to you after 5 posts.

Randall Flagg
11-20-2019, 08:50 AM
Not only do you need 5 posts, but initially the feedback you give will have neutral (no points) implications. You must build up good reputation before you can give positive reputation. I'll start you off with a couple of rep points.

Hunchback Jack
11-20-2019, 12:50 PM
You mean I've been shooting blanks all this time???? :lol:

HBJ

Randall Flagg
11-20-2019, 05:50 PM
You mean I've been shooting blanks all this time???? :lol:

HBJ
Not based upon your current reputation of 1,111, and reputation power of 16. You may not be able to give a single person multiple positive reputation points, but you should be able to distribute positive reputation to many different members.

Of course, like any "power", you should exercise caution and be judicious when handing out positive reputation.

M_O_O_N
11-20-2019, 06:09 PM
For those wishing to test out giving negative reps, here I am. :P

ur2ndbiggestfan
11-20-2019, 06:22 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRu5wxl5frk

Br!an
11-21-2019, 04:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRu5wxl5frk

Fixed it for you.