PDA

View Full Version : General Television Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Erin
11-07-2007, 05:01 PM
This thread is for talking about what you're watching......or for talking about all those shows that arn't good enough to warrant having their own thread. :lol:

Right now i'm passing time before going out to eat by flipping channels. I stopped on that "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila" show. Wow, it's retarded. :beat:

ZoNeSeeK
11-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Oh man, theres this fucking retarded show over here called "The farmer needs a wife" - its like one of those bachelor type shows except the "bachelors" are backward country boys who want to find a woman who can "handle cleaning the house when im on the farm".

See, i thought women left remote farming communities because there wasn't much opportunity out there but now I realise its because theyre full of tossers ;)

Odetta
11-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm addicted to the food network

ZoNeSeeK
11-07-2007, 05:41 PM
wtf is the food network? :)

Brice
11-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Exactly what you'd expect it to be....cooking shows.

Odetta
11-07-2007, 05:45 PM
thank you Brice.

Brice
11-07-2007, 05:47 PM
You're very welcome.

ZoNeSeeK
11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Ah :)

Kevin
11-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Prison Break f'ing rocks. There's a twist in almost every episode. I cant get enough of it.

Food Channel also rocks. Iron Chef America is an awesome show. It always looks sooooo tasty.... [/drool]

House is another show I'm getting into...I love Dr. House as a character.

Odetta
11-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Prison Break f'ing rocks. There's a twist in almost every episode. I cant get enough of it.

Food Channel also rocks. Iron Chef America is an awesome show. It always looks sooooo tasty.... [/drool]

House is another show I'm getting into...I love Dr. House as a character.

I agree with all the shows you just mentioned, Kevin.
The original Iron Chef is really good, too!

MonteGss
11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm a bit of a freak.
Smallville, Survivor and Lost are the only shows I watch regularly.

ZoNeSeeK
11-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Iron Chef America?

/me makes spoonfeeding motions.

Storyslinger
11-08-2007, 07:13 AM
I love those Man vs. Wild shows and How It's Built.

Cash Cab is pretty cool too.

She-Oy
11-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Ok, this is bad, really bad, but i seriously watched and enjoyed Rock of Love with Bret Michaels on VH-1.

I wanted to watch the Tequila thing, but I haven't caught it yet. I'm still delousing my brain from the ROL marathons.

Erin
11-08-2007, 02:07 PM
She-Oy....I absolutely loved Rock of Love. I have a huge crush on Bret Michaels.

Storyslinger: I really used to like watching Man vs. Wild until it was confirmed that several parts of the show are staged, like one night out in the cold, he stayed the night in a tent with heating, although they made it appear on the show that he stayed in his own self-made shelter. Stuff like that. Now I much prefer watching Survivorman....he is completely alone on his treks and even films them himself.

Rjeso
11-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Hell yeah to Food Network and House. I also dig Heroes, South Park, Scrubs, and American Experience.

Oh, and Ghost Hunters.

Darkthoughts
11-08-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm a bit of a freak.
Smallville, Survivor and Lost are the only shows I watch regularly.
That is not freaky at all - I only intentionally watch tv for Lost and Heroes - neither of which are on in the UK right now :(

Sometimes if I'm up late and bored I like reruns of Frazier, Friends, Sex and the City and of course Angel and Buffy. I also like The Girls Next Door - its so bad its good :D

I love the cooking channel toothough, you probably don't know these people but Rick Stein, Nigella Lawson and Nigel Slater are the best! Theres also a show called River Cottage, thats about this guy who was a top London chef, but moved to the countryside and became self sufficient - he's brilliant!!

Heather19
11-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Hell yeah to Food Network and House. I also dig Heroes, South Park, Scrubs, and American Experience.

Oh, and Ghost Hunters.

I love ghost hunters too, and A Haunting. I also watch the travel channel alot, they show a lot of shows on haunted and strange places. Those are pretty good.

sarajean
11-08-2007, 05:24 PM
the original iron chef pwns iron chef america.

hiroyuki sakai is the fucking man. :wub:

fukui-san?

Erin
11-08-2007, 05:25 PM
WTF? Tony Hawk is on "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader". This show makes me want to tear my hair out I get so frustrated.

OchrisO
11-08-2007, 06:15 PM
I would throw my TV out a window before I would watch A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila.

Erin
11-08-2007, 06:29 PM
I saw some flipping channels the other day. H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

Brice
11-09-2007, 01:13 AM
I haven't watched tv in so long, I haven't even heard of half these shows. If I'm in the mood to watch something I'll put a DVD in. This is why I've never seen such recent shows as Heroes, Lost, Carnivale, etcetera.

CPU
11-09-2007, 07:22 AM
Pants Off Dance Off on FUSE is my favorite show ;)

sarah
11-09-2007, 07:32 AM
CPU, that show is hilarious!!! :lol:

we just got our cable tv back from our self imposed five month break. Oh nickelodeon, how I missed you.

CPU
11-09-2007, 07:34 AM
It's so ridiculous that I just can't stop watching it! I showed it to the wife - she wasn't nearly as impressed as I am :lol:

She-Oy
11-09-2007, 08:45 AM
CPU, that show is hilarious!!! :lol:

we just got our cable tv back from our self imposed five month break. Oh nickelodeon, how I missed you.

:clap:
Welcome back to the world of cable! It's missed you!

I remember telling you about Pants Off Dance Off so many years ago. I can't believe they are still running that crap...how funny!

Telynn
11-10-2007, 07:40 AM
The one show that I will stop and watch if I'm flipping through channels, or stop and watch a little of if I am walking through the room and someone else is watching it is Who's Line Is It Anyway? I love that show.

Patrick
11-10-2007, 08:12 AM
There's a show on Comedy Central that was probably cancelled because the DVR only finds about half a dozen episodes. It's hilarious though. It's called "Halfway Home".

Storyslinger
11-10-2007, 05:29 PM
She-Oy....I absolutely loved Rock of Love. I have a huge crush on Bret Michaels.

Storyslinger: I really used to like watching Man vs. Wild until it was confirmed that several parts of the show are staged, like one night out in the cold, he stayed the night in a tent with heating, although they made it appear on the show that he stayed in his own self-made shelter. Stuff like that. Now I much prefer watching Survivorman....he is completely alone on his treks and even films them himself.

Yep, that kind of pissed down my back, Survivorman rocks though

Odetta
11-11-2007, 08:18 AM
The one show that I will stop and watch if I'm flipping through channels, or stop and watch a little of if I am walking through the room and someone else is watching it is Who's Line Is It Anyway? I love that show.

oh, me too! I LOVE improv!

Ruthful
11-11-2007, 08:33 AM
I stopped watching TV for two years, but picked up the habit again recently because of the most recent Ken Burns' series, The War.

The only new programs worth watching I've seen thus far are:

1. Pushing Daisies-absolutely amazing; I'm shocked that it was even greenlighted for network television.

2. Reaper-definitely not one of Kevin Smith's best works, but interesting angle nevertheless.

3. Aliens in America-not as trite and stupid as I had anticipated.

4. The Game-interesting concept; there's not enough entertaining, sports-related sitcoms on TV.

Other than that most of the stuff I started watching again are old standbys.

Frontline has become horribly predictable and barely worth watching-just the type of thing you'd expect from PBS.

Independent Lens is still interesting, depending upon what subject they choose to focus on it can either be dreadfully dull or fascinating.

Globe Trekker is still the single best travelogue on television!

The Simpsons, of course.

Heather19
11-11-2007, 10:04 AM
I absolutely love Pushing Daisies. I think it's the best new show to appear this season. I'm just hoping that it doesn't disappear due to the writer's stike.
As for Reaper, do you know how much Kevin put into it. I know he directed the first episode, but did he have a hand in creating it as well?

Ruthful
11-11-2007, 04:24 PM
I absolutely love Pushing Daisies. I think it's the best new show to appear this season. I'm just hoping that it doesn't disappear due to the writer's stike.
As for Reaper, do you know how much Kevin put into it. I know he directed the first episode, but did he have a hand in creating it as well?

I'm not sure, because when he was interviewed he claimed credit for it, but didn't really expand upon his role. This could be one of those Jersey Girl-type things, where creative control is completely out of his hands-or like The Green Lantern, where he initially was the main guy but gradually relinquished control. As far as I know he's one of the producers and/or part of the writing team.

You're right about Pushing Daisies though!

Not only great actors, e.g. Chi McBride, Helen Chenoweth, Swoozie Kurtz-which you hardly ever see on network television these days-but such remarkable stories.

There was a television critic who accused of it of being too whimsical, which I don't see at all. I'm the first person to reflexively hate anything with that's too twee, e.g. those semi-idiotic films by Wes Anderson, and I don't see that at all in this series. It reminds me of a long-form, American version of Amelie, which I loved!

ZoNeSeeK
11-18-2007, 07:46 PM
This show called Love My Way is awesome.

Lisa, i think it airs in the UK, you should check it out:

Love My Way is aired as a primetime show in the UK on Five's spin-off channel Five Life.

She-Oy
11-18-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm so happy Pushing Daisies is getting some shout outs here. I love this show. Loved it since the first episode.

It's just so, how should I put this? Darkly sweet?

It's a little like visiting Oz every Wednesday. I hope it gets the credit it deserves when it comes to renewing it's season.

myishi
11-19-2007, 05:50 AM
i looove dr. House :wub:
also,
family guy <3

Ruthful
11-19-2007, 06:28 AM
I'm so happy Pushing Daisies is getting some shout outs here. I love this show. Loved it since the first episode.

It's just so, how should I put this? Darkly sweet?

It's a little like visiting Oz every Wednesday. I hope it gets the credit it deserves when it comes to renewing it's season.

It's such a delightful television show.

To take just one example-from many-the scene where the descendant of a Sino-American coolie cum Confederate war hero who put the star of the show to the sword and challenged him to a duel.

How great was that scene?

It was emblematic of the entire series, which is one of the most refreshing programs to be aired on network television in years.

ZoNeSeeK
11-21-2007, 03:20 PM
So how would you describe what its about?

Ruthful
11-22-2007, 02:05 AM
So how would you describe what its about?

The plot revolves around a pieshop-owner who has the ability to resurrect people, but only for a certain duration of time before it has fatal consequences for others-namely, one minute. After that point another living being dies. Plus, he can't touch them again, otherwise they are permanently deceased.

He uses this power to start a business with Chi McBride-his greedy partner-as private investigators who solve unsolved murders for a cash reward. The rub is that the love of his life was murdered without his knowledge. When he's called to investigate the case he discovers her, then decides not to let her die again. The rest of the series has the two trying to figure out ways in which to have an intimate relationship, which does not involve touching.

Plus, he's responsible for killing her father-because he resurrected his mother after she had a fatal accident-but he can't divulge that information to her.

ZoNeSeeK
11-22-2007, 07:23 PM
ah

sounds interesting ;)

*download*

Ruthful
11-23-2007, 02:44 AM
I was kind of disappointed, because I fell asleep Wednesday nigh before I had the chance to see the latest episode. The same thing happened the day before-when I was in the middle of watching a somewhat interesting documentar about Darfur on Ch. 13. This seems to be the first season in ages where Frontline has produced some documentaries that don't completely suck. A few weeks ago they aired one about a funeral home in Wisconsin.

Heather19
11-23-2007, 12:50 PM
I missed this past weeks episode as well. But luckily they've got them online at abc.com to watch, so I'll have to check it out before next week.

Ruthful
11-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Is it just me, or does that series remind you of Armistead Maupin's Tales from the City series?

fernandito
11-23-2007, 05:18 PM
What the hell is wrong with cartoons now a days? Every episode of every show has to have some kind of moral significance behind it. For instance, I watched a small segment of a Baby Looney Tunes episode (don't ask why!...) , and the whole episode revolved around the idea of the importance of teamwork? WTF?

What happened to all the (completely un)educational (albeit fun!) shows like Attack of The Killer Tomatoes or Biker Mice from Mars?

ZoNeSeeK
11-25-2007, 10:15 PM
v o l t r o n

Darkthoughts
11-26-2007, 02:32 AM
ZOMG! Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!!! Worth watching for the theme tune alone!!!!!!!!

Spencer
11-26-2007, 07:19 AM
Is it ok to make threads for individual shows, or should they all be discussed in this thread?

Girlystevedave
11-26-2007, 06:20 PM
I don't watch a whole lot of tv, but I am addicted to The Office (American version). I'm also hooked on It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
I've recently gotten addicted to Heroes, but haven't had a chance to catch up on season 2 yet.

Odetta
11-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Is it ok to make threads for individual shows, or should they all be discussed in this thread?

I think if you want to discuss a specific show, start a thread for it.

Erin
11-26-2007, 09:50 PM
Yep go ahead and make an individual thread if you want. :D

TerribleT
11-27-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm anxious for the return of Lost and Jericho. I also love the 4400.

Matt
11-27-2007, 09:47 AM
LOST!!

<---is totally excited for that.

TerribleT
11-27-2007, 09:48 AM
I need to go wath the last few episodes from last season to get caught up. Is it going to be delayed due to the writer's strike?

JasKo
11-27-2007, 02:49 PM
LOST!!

Ditto, by far the best show out there!

I watch:

1. LOST
2. PrisonBreak
3. Heroes
4. Shark
5. All the CSI's
6. How I met your mother(the best sitcom after Friends got taken of air)
7. Chuck (Pretty pathetic but funny show)

I really dunno how I get the time for all of this, hehe!

TerribleT
11-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Two and a Half Men
Rules of Engagement

Ruthful
11-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Two and a Half Men

How can you watch that dreck?

Even when I catch evanescent glimpses of that show while channel-surfing I feel a torturous pain that I can only analogize to what political prisoners in Evin Prison in Iran, or internal exiles in a Siberian gulag, must experience.

To even call it "TV" is to insult the talent necessary in making, I don't know, Big Shots, or some equally execrable show that rises above the tolerance threshold below which you go into a state of toxic shock.

Seriously, WTH?

Still Servant
11-27-2007, 10:04 PM
Am I the only person who watches Reaper?

Whenever I tell somebody about the show, they have never heard of it. Once I tell them it's on the CW, they look at me like they only know CW as 2 letters very far away from each other in the alphabet.

It's a really funny, smart show. You guys should give it a shot.

Storyslinger
11-28-2007, 09:41 AM
I've heard of it, just never have anytime to watch TV anymore. Is it really that good.

Ruthful
11-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Am I the only person who watches Reaper?

No, me and Heather chatted about it a few pages back-you can check out the tenor of the conversation if you like. Also, someone on the RLC mentioned it in their shoutbox last night.

You should just tell them it's on the network that succeeded the WB. That will ensure that they never want to watch that program, even in passing.

Heather19
11-28-2007, 11:05 AM
I remember we were wondering how much imput Kevin actually had in making the show, and on the episode the other night they had him listed as a consultant. My question is, what exactly does a consultant do? Does that mean they run storylines and ideas by him, or is he more involved somehow?

Ruthful
11-28-2007, 11:18 AM
I remember we were wondering how much imput Kevin actually had in making the show, and on the episode the other night they had him listed as a consultant. My question is, what exactly does a consultant do? Does that mean they run storylines and ideas by him, or is he more involved somehow?

There are definitely some Kevin Smith elements-the novel concept underlying the show, for example, or the character of the Devil-but I'm not sure if this is a hands-on project for him.

I would guess it's not, but I could be mistaken.

There's probably more discussion about this subject on comics/TV message boards.

Ruthful
11-28-2007, 11:25 AM
BTW, he also directed the pilot.

I stand corrected. He does seem to be more involved-at least, according to this reviewer-than I had assumed.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/11/28/reaper-ashes-to-ashes/

If there was ever a doubt about how involved Kevin Smith is in this series, tonight's episode should put those doubts to rest. Watching Sam, Sock and Ben discuss Sam's love trials made me feel like I was watching Jay & Silent Bob Chase Amy at the Mall. I really appreciate how the show has taken its time revealing the relationship between Sam and Andi. It's great when the character who is in an unreal situation still has to deal with very real problems. I know that no show can ever replace Buffy, but Reaper comes awfully close for me.

TerribleT
11-28-2007, 01:20 PM
Two and a Half Men

How can you watch that dreck?

Even when I catch evanescent glimpses of that show while channel-surfing I feel a torturous pain that I can only analogize to what political prisoners in Evin Prison in Iran, or internal exiles in a Siberian gulag, must experience.

To even call it "TV" is to insult the talent necessary in making, I don't know, Big Shots, or some equally execrable show that rises above the tolerance threshold below which you go into a state of toxic shock.

Seriously, WTH?

I think it's about the funniest show I've ever seen.

Lance
11-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Has anyone heard any word about when the writers' strike will be over? I'm tired of watching reruns of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report from friggin May. <_<

Still Servant
11-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Has anyone heard any word about when the writers' strike will be over? I'm tired of watching reruns of The Daily Show and The Colbert Report from friggin May. <_<

I heard it may extend past the first of the year. It's going to get really annoying quick when the rest of the shows run out of new episodes.

I did hear that some of the late night shows are planning on coming back soon. They will make interviews longer and have more music. I'm not sure if this includes Colbert and The Daily Show.

Lance
11-28-2007, 10:21 PM

I heard it may extend past the first of the year. It's going to get really annoying quick when the rest of the shows run out of new episodes.

I did hear that some of the late night shows are planning on coming back soon. They will make interviews longer and have more music. I'm not sure if this includes Colbert and The Daily Show.

A few of the shows already have run out. Like The Office. :(

ZoNeSeeK
11-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Each to their own, as the saying goes.

She-Oy
11-29-2007, 06:53 PM
I watched the most appalling reality tv show today on Bravo. Real Housewives of Orange County.

Oh MY god (say it with me in true Chandler-ease)!

These women are disgusting. They are all about 40 years old and run around like they are 17. They even speak like teenagers. Everything about these women is so overly superficial it's sick.

It's as if with each penny they have, it kills a brain cell.

Girlystevedave
11-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Sounds pretty obnoxious. That's why I can't watch reality tv. It makes me angry rather than entertained.

Lance
11-30-2007, 01:41 AM
I watched the most appalling reality tv show today on Bravo. Real Housewives of Orange County.

These women are disgusting. They are all about 40 years old and run around like they are 17. They even speak like teenagers. Everything about these women is so overly superficial it's sick.

I watched about fifteen minutes of it one time. Those women were so pathetic that I had to just turn the channel.

Hannah
11-30-2007, 08:44 AM
It comes on after Project Runway on Wednesdays, so I usually end up seeing the "coming up on this episode" part before I can find the remote to change it. Gag me.

Darkthoughts
11-30-2007, 09:14 AM
LOST!!

I need to go wath the last few episodes from last season to get caught up. Is it going to be delayed due to the writer's strike?

This is the latest from Lostpedia:

Writers strike stalling Hawaii Lost show
By Wayne Harada, Honolulu Advertiser
ABC's "Lost" is being forced to halt filming on its fourth season because of the Writers Guild of America strike.

The series will run out of completed scripts as a result of the writers' strike, an ABC publicist said.

Filming on O'ahu had been ongoing. The filming will halt on completion of the eighth episode, out of 16 planned for the fourth season. The episode is expected to wind up no later than Nov. 30.

The network still expects to kick off the new season in February, as planned, and to run the series without interruption, ABC said. However, circumstances could change, depending on the outcome of the writers' walkout

She-Oy
11-30-2007, 09:30 AM

I watched about fifteen minutes of it one time. Those women were so pathetic that I had to just turn the channel.

Ok, this proves my point. Lance has always been my smut-tv watching buddy, so if he can't even watch this one...I know I must be right in saying it. :P

TerribleT
11-30-2007, 09:55 AM

I caught a few minutes of it one night, the saddest part is that I know a couple of women like that, and I don't even live in OC.

Ruthful
12-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Is it just me, or is this completely retarded?

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/30/apontv.tinman.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Kevin
12-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Is it just me, or is this completely retarded?

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/30/apontv.tinman.ap/index.html?iref=mpstoryview

Oh god. Yes, yes it is. :cry:

OchrisO
12-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Actually, I am very excited about Tin Man. I have been a fan of all aspects of Oz since I was a kid. When I was in Kindergarten, I watched the 1939 Judy Garland Wizard of Oz, literally, every day for a year. It firmly holds the spot of Fvaorite Movie of All Time for me. I also enjoyed Return to Oz with Fairuza Balk. The Wiz is the only one I didn't enjoy.

I love the original L. Frank Baum books(I have actually been listening to audio versions of them at work again as of late, partly in anticipation of the airing of Tin man tomorrow), as well as the reimaginings like Wicked!

I am a big fan of reimaginings of old stories, and I think, from previews and stuff that I have read, that Tin Man looks very very promising.

Brice
12-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I think I might have to see that. I too am a fan of all/most things OZ. I've seeen all the movies including the pre '39 silent films and read all the books.

Also Ray Bolger was distant cousin.

sarajean
12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
why? why does the second night of tin man have to start at the same time as the finale of heroes? why? i can't choose.

guh.

you know what, heroes has been making me mad lately. i'm choosing tin man.

or am i? fuck.

OchrisO
12-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Haha. Hooray for dv-r! I haven't watched either yet, but I am about to start Heroes, then watch ep3 of Tin Man.

sarajean
12-03-2007, 07:38 PM
i have a dv-r, but since i'm not home...i can't watch one.

so fuck off.

<_<

:wub:

sarajean
12-03-2007, 09:29 PM
they're re-showing tonight's tin man tomorrow night. heroes is getting recorded. decision made.

She-Oy
12-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Last night they played Tin Man back to back, so you can probably catch late, late night if you want! Just an FYI. I recorded last night's and haven't watched it yet except the first 5 minutes.

OchrisO
12-03-2007, 10:26 PM
I am absolutely loving Tin Man.

I really enjoyed the scene in tonights episode where Azkadeliah and DG are young and in the forest getting apples.

Azkadeliah: We shouldn't be in the forest alone, there are wild beasts.

DG: Did you say...what kind of beasts were in the forest?

Azkadeliah: Oh, lions.....and tigers.......and....

<they see a bear>

DG: Oh my!

That cracked me up. I love the little nods to the original movie like that.

Erin
12-08-2007, 08:59 PM
THERE IS NOTHING ON TV TONIGHT!!!!! Gah.

MonteGss
12-09-2007, 08:41 AM
I don't watch a lot of TV, only 3 shows and Packers football. I just want to say that I HATE everything about the writers strike. I don't give a shit who wants what, I just want my season back. Hurry the f*ck up!

:D
Thank you.

Sympathy For The Devil
12-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I dont really watch that much tv, when i do its usally shows i have on dvd. My favs are The Sopranos (I cant believe that its finally over), The Sheild (I cant wait to see season 6!!), The X files, Seinfeld and arrested development. Oh wait i forgot about deadwood, i love that show, it gave me a whole new appreciation for the word 'cocksucker'. I cant believe thats been cancelled!!

Lance
12-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Oh wait i forgot about deadwood, i love that show, it gave me a whole new appreciation for the word 'cocksucker'. I cant believe thats been cancelled!!

I always loved how they spoke so poetic while throwing "cocksucker" in every other word. :lol:

Ruthful
12-13-2007, 09:55 AM
The Shield is awesome.

It makes me want to watch some films starring Forrest Whitteker.

Lance
12-20-2007, 01:22 AM
The Shield is awesome.

That goes without saying.

We've been realling getting into the VH1 's "Greatist Soungs of the '90's" this week at work. It blew my shit when a 19 year (black :p) co worker said that she loved not only loved "Freak On A Leash" but that she was a big time Korn fan. I was all like "Damn, and I thought you were cool before." :lol:

And ftr, I know there's a lot of Korn haters out there and I don't give a rat's ass. Complaint Department >>>>10019 miles that way.

Ruthful
12-20-2007, 08:47 AM
I don't have a problem with KOrn.

It's preferable to the Limp Bizkit songs, if you could even characterize them as such, which K-Rock used to play in a seemingly endless loop.

:panic:

Heather19
12-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Ruthful, Do you know if Pushing Daisies is coming back soon with new episodes or did they finally run out? I think it's been repeats for the past couple of weeks.
And I heard it got nominated for some award so hopefully it'll get picked up for next year.

Ruthful
12-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Ruthful, Do you know if Pushing Daisies is coming back soon with new episodes or did they finally run out? I think it's been repeats for the past couple of weeks.
And I heard it got nominated for some award so hopefully it'll get picked up for next year.

Via Wiki:

Production History

The series was greenlit and given a 13-episode order by ABC on May 11, 2007.[3] On October 23, 2007, the show received a full season order.[4] However, scripts for only nine episodes were completed before the start of the 2007 Writers Guild of America strike,[5] Bryan Fuller reportedly made last-minute changes to the ninth episode to allow it to serve as a season finale.[6]

According to The Futon Critic, if/when the strike is resolved, the remaining 13 episodes, if they have been completed, will begin airing in the spring of 2008.[7]

As of now it looks like it won't return until the WGA strike is resolved.

So I guess the last episode they had in the can aired two weeks ago.

Heather19
12-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks
Hopefully the strike will end soon, I'm going to miss it.

Ruthful
12-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Thanks
Hopefully the strike will end soon, I'm going to miss it.

Ditto.

Still Servant
12-20-2007, 09:06 PM

Pushing Daisies was nominated for a Golden Globe for best comedy.

Although I love the show and hope that the nomination will draw viewers in, there's no way it should be nominated for best comedy over a show like The Office.

Just no way.

She-Oy
12-20-2007, 10:15 PM
I must say I'm impressed that Big Love got a Golden Globe nod. If anyone has actually ever watched it, the acting is REALLY good. The writing is so good it makes the viewers actually feel compassionate about polygamy...that's not to say it makes us want to BE polygamists, it just lets us feel for them, as twisted as the concept is.

I never really liked Chloe Sevigny before the show, and now I love her. She's an awesome actress.

Ruthful
12-21-2007, 01:51 AM
I've always liked Chloe Sevigny, but that probably has more to do with her willingness to get down and do the nasty in front of a well-paid Hollywood film crew. That's what I call "artistic integrity."

Seriously though, is this show really good? One of its chief writers is that fruitcake Lawrence O'Donnell, correct? Wasn't he on the staff of that Sominex-like program known as The West Wing?

Lance
12-21-2007, 10:05 AM
I must say I'm impressed that Big Love got a Golden Globe nod. If anyone has actually ever watched it, the acting is REALLY good. The writing is so good it makes the viewers actually feel compassionate about polygamy...that's not to say it makes us want to BE polygamists, it just lets us feel for them, as twisted as the concept is.

I never really liked Chloe Sevigny before the show, and now I love her. She's an awesome actress.

I love this show. I've been a big time fan of both Sevigny and Bill Paxton for years. And after watching it I've determined that I would NEver want to be a plygamist. That's just too much damn work! :P

To The Dark Tower Came
12-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Although I don't watch too much TV, I've always found good programs to watch. My currents include Heroes, Chuck, Lost, Amazing Race (when it's on) and deep cable's Ace of Cakes, Iron Chef America, Cash Cab, and Ninja Warrior.

I am afraid I dislike this trend of striking down good programming before a season is even done. I don't know if anyone else watched Daybreak (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0801425/), the fill-in show that was supposed to run only 13 episodes to carry over until Lost returned. It was canceled after six.

Now the same has happened (so it appears) to Journeyman. An NBC show that is about a man who is wormholing back in time to help people. Like and an edgier Quantum Leap without the Scott Bakula aftertaste. While this show didn't have a completely original premise, it was good. Just when the characters started getting likable, and the storyline fleshing out more, whammo! it's targeted for cancellation.

I guess this is more of a rant than anything else. I cry your pardon.

Matt
12-21-2007, 02:18 PM
I feel your pain man, I don't see how some of these amazing shows are canceled.

I haven't seen that one myself but I understand it was at least decent.

TerribleT
12-21-2007, 02:28 PM
I don't know if anyone else watched Daybreak (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0801425/), the fill-in show that was supposed to run only 13 episodes to carry over until Lost returned. It was canceled after six.

Daybreak rocked!!!! They actually webcasted the remainder of the season, and I'm not sure but the episodes might still be up. They also cancelled Jericho after one season, but then decided to broadcast another season after they had a huge viewer response.

Heather19
12-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Yes, I love Jericho. I think it's supposed to be coming back soon for a few more episodes to wrap things up.

TerribleT
12-21-2007, 04:29 PM
2/12/2008 I think they're supposed to have another full season.

Ruthful
12-21-2007, 05:30 PM
Most of the shows I liked, e.g. Undeclared, Cafe Americain, Get a Life, Centre St., Flying Blind, Freaks & Geeks, Tales from the Dark Side, among many, many others, wind up being cancelled in short order. Some of them, e.g. Tales, last a bit longer than others-F&G-but they all wind up in the dust bin of network television history.

To The Dark Tower Came
12-21-2007, 05:57 PM
[quote=To The Dark Tower Came;82269]
Daybreak rocked!!!! They actually webcasted the remainder of the season, and I'm not sure but the episodes might still be up. They also cancelled Jericho after one season, but then decided to broadcast another season after they had a huge viewer response.

I totally forgot about Jericho! >< I was really into that show as well. Another "brilliant but canceled" victim. I'd heard they were bringing it back, but all I ever saw were repeats that built towards the season ender. It was so original as far as episodic TV went. Great that they're smart enough not to snub public demand and do one more season. The "Nuts" campaign was pure genius.

I'll look for the Daybreaks on ABC's site and see if they're still around.

Telynn
12-26-2007, 08:39 PM
Although I don't watch too much TV, I've always found good programs to watch. My currents include Heroes, Chuck, Lost, Amazing Race (when it's on) and deep cable's Ace of Cakes, Iron Chef America, Cash Cab, and Ninja Warrior.

I LOVE Cash Cab. How does that guy read off the questions and keep his eyes on the road?!?

To The Dark Tower Came
12-28-2007, 10:12 AM
I LOVE Cash Cab. How does that guy read off the questions and keep his eyes on the road?!?

LOL...I've wondered that myself. It is taped in New York, so watching the road isn't really a requirement. There was a funny story about Cash Cab where they stopped for this woman with a big shopping bag. Instead of piling in like everyone else does, she went around the back and opened the rear door to stow her bags. That's where the Cash Cab has all its electronics for the roof lights, cameras, and video screens.

Apparently she didn't even look and tried to cram her stuff inside while the crew were frantically getting out of the follow car and stop her before she broke something.

:lol:

OchrisO
01-20-2008, 09:49 PM
This airs tonight(Monday, Jan 21st) and I am pretty excited about it:

http://www.history.com/minisites/life_after_people/

Heather19
01-21-2008, 09:34 AM
I just saw a preview for that the other day. Looks pretty good.

jayson
01-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Almost missed that one. Thanks Chris, that looks very interesting!

TerribleT
01-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks Chris, that looks kewl!!!!!!

Erin
01-21-2008, 02:07 PM
So, is anyone watching Rock of Love 2? This season has a different feel so far. Bret Michaels isn't even trying to hide the fact that he's really not interested in love, he just wants to bang as many hot chicks as possible. :lol:

LadyHitchhiker
01-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Hmmmmm... let's think of what shows I watch right now that aren't all sent into complete syndication:
Eureeka, Kyle XY, Scrubs, Star Gate Atlantis, Flash Gordon, annnnd Jericho.

Lance
01-29-2008, 10:09 AM
So, is anyone watching Rock of Love 2? This season has a different feel so far. Bret Michaels isn't even trying to hide the fact that he's really not interested in love, he just wants to bang as many hot chicks as possible. :lol:

I didn't watch the first season but this one has roped me in.

Heather19
01-29-2008, 02:58 PM
When does Jericho start back up?

TerribleT
01-29-2008, 04:23 PM
When does Jericho start back up?

2/12

Still Servant
01-29-2008, 10:01 PM
I really hope I'm not the only person watching AMC's Breaking Bad starring Malcom In the Middle's Brian Cranston.

It's an amazingly quirky/dark gem of a show.

Brian Cranston plays a high school chemistry teacher who learns that he is dying of cancer. In order to support his family when he's gone, he begins cooking and selling crystal meth.

This show feels like watching a Cohen brothers movie. It's on Sunday's on AMC. Check it out.

obscurejude
01-29-2008, 10:04 PM
I don't really watch TV except for House. It is the embodiment of all that is good in the universe. I have the first three seasons on DVD and have made Hugh Laurie more or less a part of my daily routine.

Still Servant
01-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Did you catch the episode that aired tonight?

Weird watching a Christmas episode in late January, but it was good.

obscurejude
01-29-2008, 10:18 PM
I did still servant and I was a little disappointed. It didn't seem like the same caliber that I'm used to. For one, the patient was a horrible actress. The new team didn't really do it for me either. House's dialogue with Wilson also seemed a little forced (and I've never thought that before). The woman playing the patient really was horrible. It was one of the most unconvincing things I've ever seen. The whole opening montage was just stupid and a disgrace to the precedent that David Shore and Katie Jacobs had set.

Still Servant
01-29-2008, 10:26 PM
I've seen that actress in other things before, but I could not place here. I agree, she was not good. It's going to drive me crazy where I know her from. I'll ask my sis tomorrow.

Maybe that's why they shelved this episode or maybe you were just out of the House groove.

I agree though, it did seem a bit off.

obscurejude
01-29-2008, 10:32 PM
Who knows. But it was off. I mean, I watch house almost everyday. I hope its just the writer's strike thats to blame. I'd hate to think this episode is indicative of the future trajectory of the show. I gotta get some sleep. Have a good night servant.

Jon
01-30-2008, 02:24 AM
I will watch as long as 13 is on. She is my next wife!!!

Actually I'll watch after she leaves too.

NOTE: THERE will be a new episode of House right after the superbowl...you don't even have to change channels!

jayson
01-30-2008, 05:02 AM
i haven't watched last night's ep yet, but i do typically love House. Ultimately, I agree with Jon, keep Olivia Wilde [13] on the screen as much as possible and I will keep watching.

Still Servant
01-30-2008, 10:02 PM
I have no problem with the new cast members. I like Wilde and Kal Penn, I just think at some point they have to reintegrate the orginals back into the show.

I don't think it will happen this year because the strike has pretty much ended the TV season. If they were to settle today, we might get a few episodes. I'm not counting on it.

The next episode airs after the Super Bowl and looks really good. If my Giants win I might be too happy to watch.

I will now plug Breaking Bad on AMC Sunday Nights.

Thank me later.

ATG
01-30-2008, 10:10 PM
I love M*A*S*H*

Jon
01-31-2008, 05:27 AM
About the latest House episode...I cannot wrap my mind around something.

In the clinic House met a possible hooker who contracted an animal disease from doing a "donkey show."

Then, at the end, House goes to church to see this "hooker" on a donkey playing Mary going to the stable to have baby Jesus.

Now...was she NOT a hooker but contracted the disease by riding the donkey without panties or... is she a hooker who does donkey shows but rents herself and her donkey out to churches for Christmas pageants?

jayson
01-31-2008, 05:34 AM
About the latest House episode...I cannot wrap my mind around something.

In the clinic House met a possible hooker who contracted an animal disease from doing a "donkey show."

Then, at the end, House goes to church to see this "hooker" on a donkey playing Mary going to the stable to have baby Jesus.

Now...was she NOT a hooker but contracted the disease by riding the donkey without panties or... is she a hooker who does donkey shows but rents herself and her donkey out to churches for Christmas pageants?

I think it was never completely agreed that she was a hooker. Hinted at for sure, but never really confirmed. I did ask my wife at the end "so she's a whore or she's not?"

Jon
02-02-2008, 06:03 AM
Then how did she contract the disease?

jayson
02-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Then how did she contract the disease?

from the donkey for sure, but no evidence she was or wasn't a hooker.

Matt
02-04-2008, 01:25 PM
You can get some nasty stuff from riding a donkey.

I think "donkey show" was basically exactly what we saw at the end. And there is a thread dedicated to House somewhere.

Still Servant
02-07-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm looking forward to the start of another survivor season.

I know a lot of people have gotten out of that show, but I still find it very entertaining.

I think the format for this year could be very interesting. Having all-stars against fans could be very fun to watch. An idea I had a few years back by the way.:P

I would love to go on this show someday. I think I could do fairly well too. Although I'm tall, I would not be perceived as a threat because I don't have bulging muscles.

I think I would do well in the challenges because I'm a good athlete and I'm very easy to get along with, so I wouldn't piss people off.

ZoNeSeeK
02-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Yeah survivors done pretty well for a reality show - all the tactics and scheming pisses me off though :)

LadyHitchhiker
02-07-2008, 06:00 PM
anyone watch rock of love? I've missed the last 2 episodes and aws wondering what's going on?

Girlystevedave
02-08-2008, 06:09 PM
I really hope I'm not the only person watching AMC's Breaking Bad starring Malcom In the Middle's Brian Cranston.

Brian Cranston plays a high school chemistry teacher who learns that he is dying of cancer. In order to support his family when he's gone, he begins cooking and selling crystal meth.

This show feels like watching a Cohen brothers movie. It's on Sunday's on AMC. Check it out.

From what I've seen so far, it is pretty good. I just don't know how many episodes have already aired.

Still Servant
02-08-2008, 08:03 PM

From what I've seen so far, it is pretty good. I just don't know how many episodes have already aired.

There have been two episodes that have aired so far. There's a new episode on Sunday.

I'm not sure if you have On Demand or not, but that's how I watch it. I just can't remember to watch a show on AMC on a Sunday.

MonteGss
02-08-2008, 08:06 PM
I'm looking forward to the start of another survivor season.

I know a lot of people have gotten out of that show, but I still find it very entertaining.

I think the format for this year could be very interesting. Having all-stars against fans could be very fun to watch. An idea I had a few years back by the way.:P

I would love to go on this show someday. I think I could do fairly well too. Although I'm tall, I would not be perceived as a threat because I don't have bulging muscles.

I think I would do well in the challenges because I'm a good athlete and I'm very easy to get along with, so I wouldn't piss people off.

I love the show! I've applied three times but no luck. People can say what they want about reality TV...and I'm not saying they're wrong but Survivor, the game, is super cool. :thumbsup:
I just watched yesterday's episode. I hate that Fairplay!

Lance
02-09-2008, 01:27 AM
anyone watch rock of love? I've missed the last 2 episodes and aws wondering what's going on?

They've hadn't had a new one before Super Bowl Sunday so you haven't missed that much.

Erin
02-09-2008, 07:01 PM
My uncle actually auditioned for Survivor a few years back. He's a huge fan and I think if he made it on the show, he'd do very well. He's an extremely hands-on type of clever guy and he's extremely friendly. But then again, with a show like Survivor, that could be the downfall of him. Anyways, he got a callback after the first audition and made it past the second audition, but then was turned down after the third. He cracked the producers up when they asked him what one item he would bring to the island and why. He said he'd bring his cheesehead (he's a huge Green Bay Packers fan) because he could use it as a pillow, flotation device, protection from the sun and on and on. He made a list of like 20 different things you could use a cheesehead for. :lol:

Erin
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
OMG! I watched the first 3 episodes of Dexter Season 1 last night.

:excited: :excited: I love it!

Heather19
02-13-2008, 01:42 PM
So with the writer's strike over they're saying that alot of the popular shows should be coming back with new episodes by the end of spring. However, the new shows that premiered this past year, will probably be the ones to really suffer, and they might not get picked up for next fall. I've got my fingers crossed that they don't forget about Pushing Daisies, and that it comes back next year. That was really the only new show that I really cared for.

Also did anyone catch Jericho last night. I was quite unimpressed by it. I really enjoyed the first season, so I'm hoping it gets better. I think the thing that bothered me is that they just jumped ahead in time, and I felt like they just skipped over a big part of the story.

Still Servant
02-13-2008, 09:49 PM
I fell asleep during Jericho, I just could not get into it at all. Don't worry about Pushing Daisies, it'll be back. If you're a fan of shows like Journeyman and Life, then you should be worried.

Getting back to Survivor for a second. I have a lot of respect for anybody who even sends in an audition tape. I just can't bring myself to do it, which is kind of stupid because I have cameras and editing equipment at my disposal.

LadyHitchhiker
02-13-2008, 09:52 PM

They've hadn't had a new one before Super Bowl Sunday so you haven't missed that much.

Thank you much Lance! Hot avatar by the way! :D

LadyHitchhiker
02-13-2008, 09:54 PM
I love Jericho! I haven't seen the new episode yet but we taped it...
I suppose if I had headphones to my computer I could watch it now...

Sweet cheesehead glory! That's a great sounding guy!

Lance
02-16-2008, 07:16 AM

Thank you much Lance! Hot avatar by the way! :D

Thanks and you're welcome. Plus you know VH1. If you miss an episode you can catch it again any other day of the week. :lol:

I saw the William Shatner roast unedited last night on Comedy Central. Now that was some funny shit.

OchrisO
02-16-2008, 07:23 AM
I've been re-watching a lot of Scrubs lately.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~carlm/misc/jrnl_scrubs.jpg

Show The Todd some Love.

C'mon! Give it up!

Jon
02-25-2008, 06:47 AM
No House M.D. until April 28th!???!!

Damn it!!!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff79/walterodim_photos/House.jpg

TerribleT
02-25-2008, 01:48 PM
The first episode of Jericho was not great, but the second one was pretty good IMHO. I was kind of feeling the same way Heather, but then I went back and watched last season, they really didn't skip too far ahead in time, and they explained at least some of in the most recent episode.

Heather19
02-25-2008, 02:28 PM
I have to go back and finish watching last weeks episode before the new one tomorrow. I fell asleep and missed the last 15-20min of it. It did seem a bit better than the first episode, but it just didn't have that same feel that the first season had.

Telynn
03-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Anyone else like The Big Bang Theory?

TerribleT
03-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Has anyone been watching Jericho? It's gotten almost as good as LOST in the last couple of episodes!!!

Heather19
03-06-2008, 03:56 PM
I've been watching it, but I don't really enjoy it as much as the first season. Although, it did start to get kinda interesting with the virus episode. I think I've fallen asleep halfway thru the past 2 episodes. I'll have to go back and watch them on ondemand sometime this weekend if I can.

Lance
03-09-2008, 09:16 PM
So I just watched a five minute preview for Celebrity Fit Club: Boot Camp and once again they have Dustin Diamond on talking shit and threatening people with violence. I guess he has selective memory and forgets that he got his ass kicked by friggin Danny Donaducci! On national tv, no less.

Odetta
03-13-2008, 11:11 AM
OK, so I just saw 'Rock of Love' for the first time last night and I could not believe how something so crappy could end up on TV!

jayson
03-13-2008, 11:15 AM
OK, so I just saw 'Rock of Love' for the first time last night and I could not believe how something so crappy could end up on TV!

i never even understood why people bought Poison's cd's let alone watch a show about that imbecile

Odetta
03-13-2008, 01:16 PM
yeah... I turned the TV off after watching him go to bed with 3 of the girls at once, then take 2 other girls out for a date the next day.
One of the girls says to him "after last night, I don't know if I could trust you as my boyfriend." to which he replied... "But I think we really have a connection. I'd like you to stay." to which SHE replied... "OK"

jayson
03-13-2008, 01:19 PM
how much longer until the car accident channel? we're a few vomitoriums away from being the romans at this point.

Odetta
03-13-2008, 01:25 PM

Girlystevedave
03-13-2008, 02:05 PM

i never even understood why people bought Poison's cd's let alone watch a show about that imbecile

I went to my sister's house yesterday, and when I pulled in her driveway, I could hear her neighbor blasting "Unskinny Bop"....some people should learn about shame.

jayson
03-13-2008, 02:06 PM

Still Servant
03-14-2008, 02:10 PM
The first season of Breaking Bad ended on Sunday.

If you guys missed it the first time around I would highly recommend it.

Girlystevedave
03-14-2008, 05:46 PM
I need to watch those. I caught about 3 episodes, then conveniently forgot about watching it when it came on. From what I've seen, I really liked.

Girlystevedave
03-14-2008, 05:49 PM
I absolutely hate reality tv....but I've found that I really like Rob and Big on mtv. Those guys crack me up.

And a show I always forget to mention: MXC. I swear I laugh harder at that show than anything that has ever been on tv. I just can't get sick of people falling down or getting hit in the face.

Still Servant
03-14-2008, 08:23 PM
I absolutely hate reality tv....but I've found that I really like Rob and Big on mtv. Those guys crack me up.

And a show I always forget to mention: MXC. I swear I laugh harder at that show than anything that has ever been on tv. I just can't get sick of people falling down or getting hit in the face.

Holy Crap!

I thought I was the only person that watched that show. It's so freakin' funny. I tell all my friends to watch it. Nothing is funnier than seeing grown men and women hop across a makshift pond and then eat it right before they reach the end.

I swear to god, if they made an American version of this show and put it on primetime, it would get huge ratings. Hell, I'd pitch it.

Girlystevedave
03-14-2008, 08:30 PM
I love watching the women compete whenever swinging on a rope is involved. The best part is: They never make it.

An American version may be good, but they would have to overdub it with different voices to keep it funny, I think.

Lance
03-14-2008, 09:12 PM
how much longer until the car accident channel? we're a few vomitoriums away from being the romans at this point.

It's well on it's way. Have you watched Spike lately? Half of it's airtime is filled with reality gold like "World's Most Shocking Moments Caught On Tape" and CSI. But I have to admit as a CSI fan I love it. :P

Still Servant
03-15-2008, 05:39 AM
I love watching the women compete whenever swinging on a rope is involved. The best part is: They never make it.

An American version may be good, but they would have to overdub it with different voices to keep it funny, I think.

:lol: The women swinging on ropes is so funny because almost all of them don't have the upper body strength to hold on long enough.

The other day I was watching and it was a heavy set lady. I was laughing before she even left the platform. She dropped like a stone. Also, I saw a lady get fucked up by the landing. It hit her square in the back, jerking her head back and throwing her helmet off. Ouch.

The dubbed voices is a must. It adds so much to the show. I just love when the contestant is about to go and they dub in some crazy stuff like, "I drink my own pee."

Priceless.

Girlystevedave
03-17-2008, 11:59 AM
Does anyone watch "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia?"

Erin
03-17-2008, 12:09 PM

MXC! I love that show! You're right, it cracks me up more than anything else I could possibly see on TV. :lol:

jayson
03-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Does anyone watch "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia?"

amanda, we watch that show. i think it's pretty funny. not the kind of thing i'd watch over and over again like some shows, but funny the first time around, for sure. i like any story involving charlie.

Girlystevedave
03-17-2008, 12:37 PM
I love that show... and yes, Charlie is hilarious.
One of my favorites is when they are trying to remove the cast from his leg. Mac tells him to go to the doctor to have it removed.
Charlie: " Oh, look at me. The millionaire who goes to see doctors."

jayson
03-17-2008, 12:38 PM
I love that show... and yes, Charlie is hilarious.
One of my favorites is when they are trying to remove the cast from his leg. Mac tells him to go to the doctor to have it removed.
Charlie: " Oh, look at me. The millionaire who goes to see doctors."

that is a great one. i love the one where charlie and mac are in the limo and they see dennis and dee on the street as crackheads. awesome!

Girlystevedave
03-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Dennis/Dee to Frank: "Why didn't you leave the bar to us?"
Frank: "Because, children, you are crack heads."

jayson
03-17-2008, 12:44 PM
:rofl:

i love the scene where they are actually buying it...

"How about $200, that good?"

Girlystevedave
03-17-2008, 12:53 PM
:rofl: I love that show

jayson
03-17-2008, 12:55 PM
i'd never watched it in it's time-slot before, but we got in on netflix a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

Lance
03-18-2008, 08:07 AM
I think my favorite was the one where Charlie got drunk and was a ref for a basketball game. The part where he blocked a shot while blowing the whistle made me fall out my damn chair.

Girlystevedave
03-18-2008, 11:07 AM
Wasn't there an Asian kid that showed up for gym wearing no shoes or combat boots or something?

OchrisO
03-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Lewis Black's The Root of All Evil makes me happy.

Girlystevedave
03-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Did anybody ever watch sealab 2021? I loved that show, and I loved the rap that Hesch sang:

"My backpacks got jets
Like Boba the Fett
I bounty hunt
For Jabba Hut
To finance my vette"

Erin
03-20-2008, 04:12 PM
That's part of "Fett's Vette" by MC Chris. What a great song. "Your momma is a bitch..I'll see you in the Sarlacc pit!" :lol:

Anyhoo...I love Sealab.
Marco: "When I wear blue, I am like the wind. A hot LATIN wind!"

OchrisO
03-20-2008, 05:51 PM
mc chris does the voice for Hesh on Sealab. That's why his song appears on there. mc chris also does the voice of MC Pee Pants, Little Brittle, and Sir Loin on Aqua Teen Hunger Force. He was a production assistant on that show.

He resigned from working on Adult Swim to focus on recording and touring, though.

Girlystevedave
03-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah...my husband has a lot of MC Chris on his ipod....I always liked the birthday song too

S.Brewedr
03-20-2008, 08:18 PM
I think we should start a petition to get arrested development back on the air.

Girlystevedave
03-21-2008, 01:47 PM
I think they tried that before it went off the air....It didn't work because too many stupid people would rather watch reality tv these days, instead of a smart/funny tv show.

Heather19
03-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Finally got caught up on Jericho. It's definately been getting better the past couple of episodes. I wonder if they'll pick it up for another season.

OchrisO
03-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Finally got caught up on Jericho. It's definately been getting better the past couple of episodes. I wonder if they'll pick it up for another season.

Nope. :(

http://tv.ign.com/articles/861/861356p1.html

I'[ve been really enjoying it and was hoping for a new season. The next episode is the last one.

On another note, I have been really enjoying The Whitest Kids You Know a lot lately.

Heather19
03-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I just saw a commercial for it yesterday, and they were calling it the series finale. Too bad. It was starting to get good again.

Girlystevedave
03-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Another show that always makes me laugh: "The Soup"

Erin
04-16-2008, 01:07 PM
David Cook better win American Idol this season. I think he's amazing. I mean, who else can make an awesome rock ballad out of Mariah Carey's "Always Be My Baby"?

Girlystevedave
04-16-2008, 01:12 PM
My dad always said: "Mariah Carey could fart in a jar and they'd make a music video out of it."

Erin
04-16-2008, 01:13 PM
:rofl: Nice.

Girlystevedave
04-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Sadly, he's right

fernandito
04-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Damn....Mariah Carey....:wub:

Erin
04-17-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm watching MTV's True Life...I'm a Southern Belle.

I want to smack these stupid bitches. :beat:

Girlystevedave
05-19-2008, 11:32 AM
The Star Wars Robot Chicken was on last night. No matter how many times I see it, I laugh my ass off.

The Emperor: "What do you mean it's destroyed? What the hell is an aluminum falcon?"

Girlystevedave
05-21-2008, 07:52 PM
I just saw this on Family Guy. Brian was at the movie theater with Mayor West. Mayor West had a paper bag in his lap, Brian reached into it.

Brian: What is this?
Mayor West: Creamed corn.
Brian: Why?
Mayor West:I bring my own creamed corn from home. I don't like the kind they have here. It's too crunchy.

:rofl: :rofl:

Erin
05-21-2008, 07:55 PM
I was just watching that! At the same time! :wub:

Girlystevedave
05-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Adult Swim huh?

Erin
05-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Yep! Next up...robot chicken. :D

Girlystevedave
05-21-2008, 08:03 PM
SWEET!:couple:

And I was just about to ask if you were watching Robot Chicken now. :lol:

The Lady of Shadows
05-21-2008, 08:05 PM
The Star Wars Robot Chicken was on last night. No matter how many times I see it, I laugh my ass off.

The Emperor: "What do you mean it's destroyed? What the hell is an aluminum falcon?"

we liked this so much we've already pre-ordered it for the july special edition release on dvd. in fact, it's been on order for like a month now. i'd never seen robot chicken until that one. i hadn't laughed that hard in idk how long. we've still got it dvr'd from when it was on in january or something.

luke: "look, if you're not going to take this seriously, i'm out." after darth vader tells him he's luke's father and leia is his sister, etc.

Girlystevedave
05-21-2008, 08:08 PM
I love that show.

Girlystevedave
05-21-2008, 08:09 PM
One of my fav skits ever was the 'Big Brother' one with all the horror movie villains. Did you see that one?

Erin
05-21-2008, 08:11 PM
No I haven't! *runs to youtube*

Girlystevedave
05-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah...definitely find that one!

Erin
05-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I had recorded Spike TV's 1000 Ways To Die awhile back.

I'm watching it now and it's absolutely cracking me up. One story talks about a guy who wanted to experience life as a fish so badly, that he made a man-sized fish suit out of water-bed material, then put it on at the beach. He then started hopping down to the water, but died from heat-stroke before making it, due to the 97 degree day, the inability to release heat in the water-bed material and his exertion to get to the water. :rofl:

Lance
07-11-2008, 07:11 AM
For any fellow The Shield fans who want to catch up before the final season, Spike plays the reruns (in order) every monrning at 10.

fernandito
07-11-2008, 09:06 AM
I tried watching a few episodes of The Shield, but eh...

Girlystevedave
07-11-2008, 11:18 AM
There's that one guy on The Shield that gives me the creeps

The Lady of Shadows
07-19-2008, 01:52 AM
i totally pass on the shield. i grew up with a psychotic cop - no need to watch one on tv thank you very much. :scared:

now, i have heard good things about rescue me though. and i think denis leary is wonderful. not sure about him in a dramatic role though. :unsure:

Girlystevedave
07-19-2008, 04:41 AM
MY mom and sis are addicted to Rescue Me. They say that it's really good. And, from what I've seen, it's got a bit of comedy in it too.
Well, kind of dark comedy.

Mark
07-19-2008, 05:27 AM
That show Reaper has just started showing over here at night on a thursday i think, it's pretty sweet, but i'm like the only person in school who watches it...

obscurejude
07-21-2008, 09:56 PM
That show Reaper has just started showing over here at night on a thursday i think, it's pretty sweet, but i'm like the only person in school who watches it...

I think Mordred Deschain (the site member) is all about that show (its in his sig).

Girlystevedave
07-22-2008, 08:27 PM
I wish more people would watch It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. :(

Roland number 19
07-23-2008, 01:44 AM
Weeds.

Amazing show. But its only on Showtime so it has a smaller-than-it-deserves showbase.

John_and_Yoko
07-23-2008, 09:03 AM
It may be a mainstream sitcom, but it's the best mainstream sitcom I've seen (certainly among those that were made more recently):

Frasier.

Actually has characters I can somewhat relate to....

Girlystevedave
07-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Weeds.

Amazing show. But its only on Showtime so it has a smaller-than-it-deserves showbase.

I have actually watched a few seasons of Weeds and I really liked what I saw.

The Lady of Shadows
07-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Star Wars
The most revered franchise in movie history. $141.8 quadrillion worldwide gross.
Seven billion fans, spanning the entire globe. The pinnacle of cinema.

Robot Chicken
A rinky-dink cable show where toys crash into each other and fall down.
College students sometimes glance at it in between keg stands and laugh beer through their noses.

Together at last!
Witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational half-hour special, as the nerds behind Adult Swim's stop-motion trainwreck thoroughly violate the Star Wars universe! Wow. If somone wasn't fired for this, it's like a freaking miracle.

woohoo! my dvd is here! my dvd is here!
yeah, okay. i'm a big nerd! :cyclops: but i've had this thing on order for 6 f'n months and my husband has been whining about it for over a year.

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

jayson
07-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Weeds.

We've been watching it via Netflix. We're through three seasons. Excellent show. :thumbsup:

Roland number 19
07-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Weeds.

We've been watching it via Netflix. We're through three seasons. Excellent show. :thumbsup:

I love this show. My parents got a couple free years of Showtime subscriptions when we switched Cable providers and its just been great to watch the new episodes as they come out. Makes Mondays worth living.

THE FRESH PRINCE OF BEL AIR
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/FRESH.png

razz
07-24-2008, 10:38 PM
i've been watching this show that aired in 2004 or sumpin'. Jeremiah, it's called. i like it. but fuck, cable up here is expensive. we only have comcast, so they, monopolizing bastards that they are, have jacked up the prices. there is another company, but their service only tends to the West side (rich) of Flint.

Girlystevedave
08-02-2008, 05:07 AM
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia:

Dee: I had the craziest dream last night that I was in Cleveland, Ohio - which is really weird because I've never been to Ohio. And this guy was wearing a bunny suit, and he was coming out of...

Dennis: [interrupting her] You know what Dee, I don't want to hear about your dream, okay? I hate listening to people's dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just... don't care.

theBeamisHome
08-02-2008, 07:41 AM

jayson
08-02-2008, 08:35 AM
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia:

Dee: I had the craziest dream last night that I was in Cleveland, Ohio - which is really weird because I've never been to Ohio. And this guy was wearing a bunny suit, and he was coming out of...

Dennis: [interrupting her] You know what Dee, I don't want to hear about your dream, okay? I hate listening to people's dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of photographs. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just... don't care.

It's been difficult waiting for the new season to start. The promos are making me miss it that much more.

Girlystevedave
08-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Well, it seems they start advertising 6 months before the season begins. <_<

Another one of my fav quotes.
While trying to remove Charlie's cast from his leg.

Mac: You should go to a doctor.
Charlie: Oh look at me! The millionaire who goes to see doctors!

Lance
09-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Anyone else going to check out "Sons Of Anarchy"? I was before and then I saw Ron Perlman was in it, so it's definite now.

Girlystevedave
09-13-2008, 03:33 PM
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia starts this week :nana:

jayson
09-13-2008, 03:40 PM
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia starts this week :nana:

Just set my DVR last night to record the whole season. Can't wait!

theBeamisHome
09-15-2008, 08:11 AM
i completed the fifth season of Angel last week.. now i need to find the comics

razz
09-26-2008, 04:17 PM
I've been watching this new (to America) show on BBC America (cuz they won't play any doctor who) called Primeval. I really like it. It has an interesting plot, fun characters. I think they only made the show for one reason though: the word "Anomaly" sounds really cool with a British accent.

theBeamisHome
09-29-2008, 11:56 AM
i just bought the second season of Dexter on DVD :excited:

unfortunately I left everything but disc two in Nigel's room. <_<

razz
09-29-2008, 01:28 PM
hope ya enjoy it! i just finished watching the first episode of Season 3. I can't watch it Sunday nites, cuz my ma watches army wives <_<
what makes things worse, is that the show isn't half bad (Army wives, i mean)

Heather19
09-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm going to have to go rent those, I didn't realize it was out already.

Also Pushing Daisies starts this week!!

Heather19
10-02-2008, 03:32 PM
So did anyone watch Pushing Daisies last night? I love this show, and I'm so glad it's back!

razz
10-02-2008, 06:07 PM
i used to watch it, but after i missed a few episodes, i stopped watching a little before halloween of last year.

Ruthful
10-02-2008, 06:53 PM
I would so be watching it this season...if my TV set got more than 3 channels.

:pullhair:

Heather19
10-03-2008, 05:41 PM
I would so be watching it this season...if my TV set got more than 3 channels.

:pullhair:

Oh no! Go to abc.com and check it out, I'm pretty sure they've got it available on there to view. It was a pretty good episode, I'm sure you'd enjoy it. I think you're the only one I know that actually watches the show. I finally talked one of my friends into checking it out this past week and she really liked it so hopefully she'll continue to tune in. I think it's a pretty creative show, and visually stunning. It kinda reminds me of something Tim Burton would do.

Razz, I would recommend that you check it out again. They didn't have too many episodes last year because of the writers strike, so it didn't come back after the winter break. I have a feeling you didn't miss too many episodes. And the premiere episode this past week pretty much summed up all of the main points of what happened last season.

Still Servant
11-14-2008, 09:38 PM
NBC canceled My Own Worst Enemy starring Christian Slater. I'm not sure if anybody here watched it. It wasn't too bad, although I thought it got confusing at times.

I'm a little surprised NBC gave it such a short leash, especially since they promoted it so heavily.

Also, FOX canceled MAdtv. This was a little sad for me. There was a period of time where MADtv was my sketch comedy of choice on Saturday nights. Once people like Nicole Sullivan, Will Sasso and that crew left, it was all down hill.

There is a chance it could get picked up by another network.

Sam
11-18-2008, 10:35 PM
I watched My Own Worst Enemy and found it ok, but not outstanding. I DO think it's better than a lot of the junk floating around that doesn't have the words "Law & Order" in the title. In fact, this past Monday is the first time I missed the show. I heard NBC had cancelled it and just see no reason to watch it anymore. Why get into something that likely won't be resolved before the episodes stop. I don't think NBC will actually run all the episodes they paid for. Shame though, it had potential.

fernandito
11-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Wasn't My Own Worst Enemy cancelled? That's that show with Slater, right?

Sam
11-20-2008, 07:42 AM
Yes it was, but NBC claimed they are going to show all of the episodes they purchased, all nine of them.

Heather19
11-20-2008, 03:03 PM
I heard somewhere that Pushing Daisies might be in trouble. Anyone here anything about this? I hope it's not true, it's one of my favorite shows currently airing.

Arthur Heath
11-20-2008, 03:11 PM
I saw commercials for new Scrubs on ABC!

Still Servant
11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
I love Pushing Daisies. It's such an interesting show.

I've also heard rumors about its eventual demise. A lot of people were surprised it survived the strike. I fear it might not survive much longer. Shame.

Brice
11-22-2008, 06:44 AM
I don't watch TV. I find out which shows are good just by the cancellations now, then I go get the DVD's. The only exception is LOST. Somehow this show has managed to both be good and stay on TV. I'm sure someone's been fired for that decision. :lol:

Heather19
11-22-2008, 08:58 AM
I love Pushing Daisies. It's such an interesting show.

I've also heard rumors about its eventual demise. A lot of people were surprised it survived the strike. I fear it might not survive much longer. Shame.

I believe Kristen came out and said that it is canceled. But I'm hoping there's someway it'll get revived. It's a shame, they always cancel the good ones, while they continue to toss out season after season of reality shows.

Harrald
11-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Reality shows are super cheap to make. Up until recently the participants didn't even receive payment as actors.

The show "Survivor" hires about 40 locals to supplement the base crew and staff. Locals can be had for a few dollars a day.

Low overhead and a HUGE fanbase make these shows almost impossible not to be created. I personally hate this type of show as it is dumbing down the viewing public and making it harder to put any kind of decent programing on the air.

BTW I work in TV so this is a subject that hits close to home (and wallet).

<<SNIP>> they always cancel the good ones, while they continue to toss out season after season of reality shows.