PDA

View Full Version : Bookcrossing

Daghain
11-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Anyone ever heard of this site?

www.bookcrossing.com

I used to do this a few years ago and decided to try it again. You take a book you want to give away and put a tag on it (you can print them from the site) and then leave it somewhere. Hopefully, someone finds it and records where the book is. When that person is through with it, they leave it somewhere, and so on. It's a lot of fun. You can even set up alerts so that you know when a book has been released in your area, and you can try and go find it. It's kind of a neat way to recycle used books. :D

Erin
11-05-2007, 05:57 PM
That's such an awesome idea. I have a huge box full of old King paperbacks that I can use for this. :D

Darkthoughts
11-06-2007, 03:13 AM
Daggers you star!! I was telling someone about this the other day and they thought I was making it up. I couldn't remember what the scheme was called...I'm definately going to do this :thumbsup:

We should do a DT.com one - mail a book to each other - and see how far round the board it gets. We could sign the inside of the cover or something.

Storyslinger
11-06-2007, 06:54 AM
this sounds like a great idea

Matt
11-06-2007, 07:15 AM
Daggers you star!! I was telling someone about this the other day and they thought I was making it up. I couldn't remember what the scheme was called...I'm definately going to do this :thumbsup:

We should do a DT.com one - mail a book to each other - and see how far round the board it gets. We could sign the inside of the cover or something.

I am totally for this if someone would like to organize it. :cowboy:

Jean
11-06-2007, 07:22 AM
Daggers you star!!

yes... yes... http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gif

... until it gets stolen by a Russian postal worker.

Brice
11-06-2007, 07:23 AM
Daggers you star!!

yes... yes... http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k291/mishemplushem/Facilitation/bear_wub.gif

... until it gets stolen by a Russian postal worker.

That Russian postal worker will get his ass kicked too. :clap:

Storyslinger
11-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Beat him down:lol:

Matt
11-06-2007, 07:40 AM
WE could stick in a secret dye pack (like banks use) if it is opened by anyone before Jean gets it...

SPLAT!!

:lol:

Storyslinger
11-06-2007, 07:41 AM
There you go, great idea

Daghain
11-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Daggers you star!! I was telling someone about this the other day and they thought I was making it up. I couldn't remember what the scheme was called...I'm definately going to do this

I had to go Google it, because I had forgotten about it, too. :lol:

That would be a cool idea, too. :D

Darkthoughts
11-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Well, I've got a copy of Cell I can mail to someone if they want to give me an address :)

Matt - Shame I didn't own that Dreamcatcher book I was telling you two about in chat that time, the one with the freaky notes in the margins :o