PDA

View Full Version : The Great DT Mixtape Exchange!

Darkthoughts
07-11-2011, 05:18 AM
As much as I love the internet, it's responsible for killing off, or at least diminishing, a couple of other things I love - mixtapes and letters.

So!

I had an idea that we could do an exchange of the two between anyone who wants to sign up. Basically, post in here if you're interested (I'll pm you for your address) and after the sign up date expires I'll pair up the particpants at random. When that's done I'll pm you the name and address of your person and all you have to do is make them a cd of any songs you like/you think they'll like and include either a letter or postcard with the cd.

Sign up ends 25th July so that's about two weeks to get your name down! :grouphug:

NadsabermaTes
07-11-2011, 02:41 PM
ok

flaggwalkstheline
07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
i'm in

Merlin1958
07-11-2011, 05:07 PM
OR you can post your video's/Music here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?12290-Rock-n-Roll-Music-Video-s-Thread/page10

flaggwalkstheline
07-11-2011, 09:02 PM
because as any music-fiend will tell you, having a physical copy is a special thing. sure we could just make youtube mixes, but not everything is on youtube, a lot is but not everything. the idea of swapping an actual mix, a disc, with a person is far more special.

Darkthoughts
07-12-2011, 01:06 AM
What Flagg said! And that was kinda the point, Bill...bringing back actual letters and actual mix tapes (cd's) as opposed to do everything via the net ;)