PDA

View Full Version : Did Derek jeter "Punch" his ticket to the HOF today?

Merlin1958
07-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Most Yankee fans would probably have said DJ was a cinch first time HOF inductee, but what about the rest of you folks? Did the 3,000 milestone "punch his ticket" to the hall? Arguably the greatest Yankee ever? Certainly on the short list. Your thoughts and comments are welcome.

Ric
07-09-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm a Yankees fan, but Jeter was a lock for Cooperstown even before 3k, this just makes him a no-brainer first ballot inductee.

Merlin1958
07-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Well, a lot of folks are not exactly "enamored' with the Yanks as a whole, but I was wondering if they felt it now makes him a "Shoe-In". Always good to find a fellow Yank-fan on this site!!!!! LOL

DJ3K!!!!!!

Garrell
07-09-2011, 06:42 PM
As always, hate the Yanks, but yes he already was headed there as a first ballot because of his class. I am happy for the Yanks fan on this one, just really hate when they win. It seems easier to pull for the individuals. Sadly, I always pull for the A's they steal, as long as they lose. So it translates to Jeter and such.

jhanic
07-10-2011, 03:44 AM
As long as he "keeps his nose clean", he's a natural for the HOF. However, think of Pete Rose. It wasn't Rose's on-field accomplishments that have kept him out of the HOF.

John

ELazansky
07-10-2011, 04:44 AM
I have never been a Yankee fan, but DJ is one of the all time greats for sure. He always reminds me of Cal Ripken, Jr. Dedicated and loyal to him team and the fans. I don't think I've ever heard anything bad said about him. HOF for sure.

The Road Virus
07-10-2011, 07:35 AM
Yankee's are my second favorite MLB team (The Rocket was my idol when playing ball) but yeah I agree with the others that he was headed there regardless. He's been the heart of the Bronx Bombers for years now but I would not deem him the best Yank ever. Ruth, Gerhig, DiMaggio, Mantle were all better and I'm sure if I racked my brain I could come up with a couple more who would be infront of him.

On a side note, didn't you already create a 2011 Yankees thread and doesn't this fall under that category? I don't mind but just saying the anti-Yanks may not like the oversaturation

Still Servant
07-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Jeter was a Hall of Fame player before he got his 3,000th hit. He's had a great career, he's won numerous championships and plays a premium position.

Also, if Bill Mazeroski can be in the Hall of Fame, anybody can.