PDA

View Full Version : The Killing

Still Servant
06-20-2011, 06:17 PM
Am I the only person here that watches this show?

After what I would call the worst season finale in TV history, I would really like to discuss (read rant) about this show.

Seriously, that was absolutely the most insulting bit of TV I've ever seen.

Ben Staad
06-20-2011, 06:20 PM
I watched the f'ing thing. It was maybe the worst cliff hanger I have ever seen. I really, really hope that they don't turn this thing into another Twin Peaks.

Bev Vincent
06-21-2011, 02:17 AM
I wasn't happy with the way it ended, either. The producers were quoted later as saying "we never promised we'd solve the mystery this year," but really? I was fairly confident it wasn't the politician, but the clock kept running out on the final episode and I was getting nervous. I know the killer isn't the same as the one in the Danish version, but now we're left hanging. What happens with Linden's partner is also considerably different than in the Danish version, though there's still time for them to head off in that direction, assuming the show is renewed.

Still Servant
06-21-2011, 05:40 PM
I wasn't happy with the way it ended, either. The producers were quoted later as saying "we never promised we'd solve the mystery this year," but really? I was fairly confident it wasn't the politician, but the clock kept running out on the final episode and I was getting nervous. I know the killer isn't the same as the one in the Danish version, but now we're left hanging. What happens with Linden's partner is also considerably different than in the Danish version, though there's still time for them to head off in that direction, assuming the show is renewed.

The Killing did indeed get picked up for a second season. That's a good thing considering how they ended the first season.

I just don't know how you can have a tagline for a show all season, "Who killed Rosie Larsen," and not tell us at the end of the final episode. AMC is a great channel and they have some of the best shows on TV, but this is a black eye for them.