PDA

View Full Version : Stephen King novels on Jeopardy

mae
06-16-2011, 05:57 AM
http://www.examiner.com/stephen-king-in-national/stephen-king-books-get-their-own-category-last-night-s-episode-of-jeopardy

People who tuned into Jeopardy last night got to see an entire category dedicated to the works of Stephen King. The category was aptly named "Stephen King Novel Plots". It popped up in the double jeopardy round, which allowed those well versed in the author's work to theoretically pull in even more money.

Now, naturally, I knew the answers to every single clue because it's Stephen King and because I'm just that brilliant. Yeah, they actually weren't too difficult.

As all of the clues were basically plot summaries, it wasn't that much of a challenge to connect the dots. The answers to each clue were as follows.

$400: Firestarter

$800: Salem's Lot

$1200: The Stand

$1600: The Dead Zone

$2000: It

So they did try to go for the more well known works as opposed to something that casual readers may not recognize by synopsis alone. Interestingly enough, no one got the answers for either Salem's Lot or The Dead Zone.

I was quite happy to see It made it on the list as that is one of my favorites. With only 5 slots and over ten times that many books under King's belt, there are a bunch of classics that didn't make the cut. Still, I think they did a good job picking titles, noting the "go to" books in King's collection as well as using some that were apparently not as obvious as one would think.

Ricky
06-16-2011, 06:05 AM
I probably missed about 5 minutes of Jeopardy last night. I'm betting this is the five minutes I missed. :arg:

flaggwalkstheline
06-16-2011, 10:22 AM
i heard once that trebec is a big tower junkie

Merlin1958
06-19-2011, 07:41 PM
i heard once that trebec is a big tower junkie

Will Ferrell thinks his Mother is, anyway!!! LOL

johnsmith87
06-19-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm pretty sure one of the guys got Salem's Lot, but I could be wrong. Also, this isn't the first time they've had a SK category on Jeopardy. He's quite popular over there.

DanishCollector
06-20-2011, 03:24 AM
King was once on Jeopardy himself...in 96 or 97 because he mentioned the X-Files episode he would want to write.