PDA

View Full Version : It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition - Collecting Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 07:02 AM
IT'S A S/L OF "IT" BY STEPHEN KING!

It popped up on the home page at about 10:55 am, so I think I managed to snag one of the first copies :-)

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king06

Clacke
05-23-2011, 07:02 AM
Check it out!!!!!

http://www.cemeterydance.com/extras/category/breakingnews/

nyy3723a
05-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Sweet Jebus...Ordered!

Ari_Racing
05-23-2011, 07:09 AM
Ordered!!!!

Ben Staad
05-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Ordered the gift edition...I sometimes wish my piggy bank was bigger :)

Edit: CD just made me smile...received my email for being part of the collector's club and was extremely surprised and happy. Thanks Brian!

Tito_Villa
05-23-2011, 07:14 AM
I shouldn't have but i ordered, surprised there are as many as 750 though

LostAlivE
05-23-2011, 07:14 AM
At least you can set your alarm to wake up and take a look. I'm going to have to convince my wife to get on facebook, check it out, figure out what it is, call me, and then place an order if it's something I'm interested in.

Likely not gonna happen!

I think you are going to want this George

wizardsrainbow
05-23-2011, 07:17 AM
Lettered ordered personal. Betts ordered other editions (no Lettered for retailers)

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 07:17 AM
It: The 25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition by Stephen King

"I worked on the book in a dream. I remember very little about the writing of it, except for the idea that I'd gotten hold of something that felt very big to me, and something that talked about more than monsters..."
— Stephen King, from the exclusive afterword for this special edition

http://cemeterydance.com/Merchant2/graphics/images/IT/king06gift.jpg (http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king06)

You can read more on our website:

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman
brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Ben Staad
05-23-2011, 07:19 AM

I know what you mean. It seems like quantities of 1,750 for the gift and 750 of the limited are a bit high. I was thinking around 1,250-1,500 for the gift and around 500 (tops) for the limited.

Although it still looks like these are going to be great editions and I can't wait to get mine. Thanks CD :clap:

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-23-2011, 07:25 AM
Lettered and Numbered ordered.

Ric
05-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Just the limited for me. The lettered is a little over the top.

thegreattim
05-23-2011, 07:31 AM
Gift only ordered. By the way Ben, that's 2,750 for the gift edition quantity. I also think the limitations are a tad on the high side (it's interesting to do the math on the gross yields) but it looks like it is going to be an *amazing* book with a lot of really nice art which makes it worth the asking price for me!

Can't wait to get this one. I hope it's going to be everything I want in a book! I only wish I had the cash to order the numbered.

Tito_Villa
05-23-2011, 07:32 AM
Is it me or has the CD site crashed???

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Site is down, host is working on it...

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Ben Staad
05-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Gift only ordered. By the way Ben, that's 2,750 for the gift edition quantity. I also think the limitations are a tad on the high side (it's interesting to do the math on the gross yields) but it looks like it is going to be an *amazing* book with a lot of really nice art which makes it worth the asking price for me!

Can't wait to get this one. I hope it's going to be everything I want in a book! I only wish I had the cash to order the numbered.

Damn...2,750 I guess I need to put my glasses back on. LOL

thegreattim
05-23-2011, 07:34 AM
Also, I think this is the first time I like the gift edition jacket lettering more than the other, more expensive editions. Yay for me!

This book also hold the dubious distinction of being the most expensive book I've ever purchased that did not contain the signature of the author. Haha, yes, I know it's King. But still?

Ben Staad
05-23-2011, 07:35 AM

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

That's good and bad right?! Has a recently announced book ever crashed the CD server before?

DanHocker
05-23-2011, 07:36 AM
It has, and every time it's usually because the Host doesn't believe us when we tell them it'll be a really really high volume day..... :doh:

Edit: As I say that the site comes back up.....

thegreattim
And if there is so much traffic that we crashed CDs servers? I think that they might have a sellout on this one pre-publication. 2,750 gift editions or not.

marc
It crashed as i was finishing my order. That's unfortunate. BTW, I am "Pennywise" on the CD forum... :-)

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Hey Brian, I sent you an e-mail at the CD address and I'm going to PM you as well. Can you read it and get back to me as soon as possible?

Tito_Villa
05-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Lucky that i got my order in so quickly

mikeC
05-23-2011, 07:38 AM
I wish CD and other small publishers would get rid of the typography on these beautiful covers. FDNS had an awesome cover and the DJ is ruined by text glow/drop shadows poor font selection.
Spline text would be enough especially for IT, I don;t see the need for IT: Stephen King on the front cover. The same could be said for the beveled text on DT5 by Grant.
It seems like a lot of care and love goes into these special editions that are always tainted by "horror motif" text and FX when it comes to lettering. It doesn't stop me from buying these but it's always kind of irked me. That's my 2 cents on that.
Looks like a great edition though.

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 07:38 AM

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

That's good and bad right?! Has a recently announced book ever crashed the CD server before?

SOD Volume One did for basically the same reason. In this case, our host just became part of a bigger company last month and they didn't believe us when we said there would be A LOT of traffic.

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 07:39 AM
And if there is so much traffic that we crashed CDs servers? I think that they might have a sellout on this one pre-publication. 2,750 gift editions or not.

1,750 copies of FULL DARK sold out in 2 months and I think IT might have more "core" fans...! We'll see what happens, should be fun either way! :)

Brian

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 07:41 AM

Thanks for the order! For Cemetery Dance SK books, we always try to do 750 copies since that's what we did for Buick, SOD 1 & 2, FDNS... King has been very generous to sign this many sheets and I know we and our collectors really appreciate it!!

Brian

frik
05-23-2011, 07:43 AM
Lucky that i got my order in so quickly

As did I.
I was switching back and forth between facebook, the forum and the CD homepage and just before five pm, there it was!
No problem ordering my editions.

sk

carlosdetweiller
05-23-2011, 07:45 AM
This is big news and really caught me by surprise. I'm pretty excited and I'm glad I got my order in early.

DanHocker
05-23-2011, 07:46 AM
It has, and every time it's usually because the Host doesn't believe us when we tell them it'll be a really really high volume day..... :doh:

Edit: As I say that the site comes back up.....

Well it being back up may have just been a fluke, seems to be down again, this is highly frustrating....

Merlin1958
05-23-2011, 07:49 AM
Got my order in just before it crashed!!!! Not even totally sure what I bought yet!!!! LOL I saw "King", "IT" and 25th Anniversary and went straight to the order page!!!!!! Must have been the last to confirm before the initial crash!!!! LOL

Lenny
05-23-2011, 07:50 AM
The site crashed right when I finished my order. It did not give me a receipt and the book is still showing in my cart. When I tried placing the order again it says it can't because its a duplicate. DID MY ORDER GO THROUGH OR AM I SCREWED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME surprise by the way. (if my order actually went through and I get the book)

Ric
05-23-2011, 07:50 AM
Also, I think this is the first time I like the gift edition jacket lettering more than the other, more expensive editions. Yay for me!

This book also hold the dubious distinction of being the most expensive book I've ever purchased that did not contain the signature of the author. Haha, yes, I know it's King. But still?

I like the Limited edition jacket the best, followed very closely by the gift. I'm sorry to say that I don't care for the lettered edition jacket at all. If you ask me the lettered editions should have NO text on the covers at all, only on the spine.

marc
05-23-2011, 07:51 AM
I got the gift edition. Had to refresh a couple of times, but I have it. I mean IT!!!!!

DanHocker
05-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Lenny, send myself or Brian an email with your account email address and we'll check for you.

danhocker@cemeterydance.com

Dr. Dawg
05-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Man, I really want a limited of this one, but I can't get through to place an order! Can someone post prices with the limitations?

Cutter
05-23-2011, 07:56 AM
Ordered a Limited!

I've got to say this is the most pleasant Limited Edition announcement in a long time. IT is my second favorite novel by King. I'm really excited. And I can order and pay for it, thank you! this isn't like Grant where I got shut out even though I bought the previous book and many others through them.

Ric
05-23-2011, 07:56 AM
Man, I really want a limited of this one, but I can't get through to place an order! Can someone post prices with the limitations?

Published in three states:
• Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 2,750 illustrated copies printed in two colors with two color hot foil stamping, a fine binding, and embossed endpapers ($125)
• Traycased Oversized Hardcover Signed Limited Edition of only 750 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in leather with two color hot foil stamping, a satin ribbon page marker and different embossed endpapers, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($475)
• Oversized Signed Hardcover Lettered Edition of only 52 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in two different fine materials with gilded page edges, imported endpapers, a satin ribbon page marker, and protected in a custom deluxe box, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($2,000)

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 07:57 AM

Ric beat me above :-P

Cook
05-23-2011, 07:57 AM
Brian,
You weren't whistling Dixie about "It" being big (the news that is).
This is so cool !!
Ordered mine....... Limited

Dr. Dawg
05-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Those were super quick replies, thanks! Now to keep hitting the refresh button over at CD...

Ric
05-23-2011, 07:59 AM

Ric beat me above :-P

:ninja:

AKC
05-23-2011, 08:01 AM
$2,000 is a lot of COIN for the lettered edition....anyone out there think it is worth it?

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 08:01 AM
I will post when we hear the Host has done their thing and orders have started again -- thanks for your patience!

Rahfa
05-23-2011, 08:02 AM

Published in three states:
• Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 2,750 illustrated copies printed in two colors with two color hot foil stamping, a fine binding, and embossed endpapers ($125)
• Traycased Oversized Hardcover Signed Limited Edition of only 750 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in leather with two color hot foil stamping, a satin ribbon page marker and different embossed endpapers, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($475)
• Oversized Signed Hardcover Lettered Edition of only 52 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in two different fine materials with gilded page edges, imported endpapers, a satin ribbon page marker, and protected in a custom deluxe box, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($2,000)

Great news...about time this book got the treatment it deserved!

I think the limitation and price is just about dead-on...fewer copies would freeze out too many people....too many more and it wouldn't have been a legit collector's item.

I'm probably going to dither until it's sold out...oh well....but I think this is a sure-fire investment-quality limited (I don't think the lettered is ever "worth" a price this high, but collectors at that level are less concerned about the secondary market than I would be).

DanHocker
05-23-2011, 08:02 AM

Big in more than one sense of the word as well. This litterally is going to be a huge book, I think we figured almost 3 times as many pages as our edition of FULL Dark (don't quote me on that though).

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm guessing that hundreds of people tapping refresh at the same time probably isn't helping the issue much ;-)

Dr. Dawg
05-23-2011, 08:12 AM
AARRGGHH! Got to the payment page before it crashed again!

Fsmdr
05-23-2011, 08:13 AM
The cost of the lettered is certainly higher than any of the other King books they have published. FDNS lettered was $1500.

I'm a sucker. It's my favourite book by King....Lettered and limited ordered.

Pasiuk57
05-23-2011, 08:14 AM
Just ordered
had to constantly refresh but after 15 minutes it went through ....

Brian James Freeman
Server is being worked on, but some orders are coming through, if you get TWO order confirmations, please reply to one of them and we will fix and refund ASAP for you!!

Sir_Boomme
that's a real pisser - I've been sitting here trying for some time and I can't get through.... finally got my order page up to order a lettered.... but it won't take the order... It keeps bailing...

I'm at work....can't spend any more time on it...

At least I get the limited and gift with my Lifetime membership - looks like that's going to finally payoff bigtime.

will try again later for the lettered I guess. waaah.

Ricky
05-23-2011, 08:15 AM
I'd order the limited, but...

I haven't read It. :ninja:

Ari_Racing
05-23-2011, 08:16 AM
I really think this is the S/L edition I've been waiting for since I knew about S/L in King books

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks again to everyone for your patience!

Rahfa
05-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Any early guesses on investment strength?

If it sells for $500, does it stay at $750 for awhile? I think that's my guess...

Higher? A little lower?

killbourne
05-23-2011, 08:27 AM
WOW!! I cant say anything but positive things about CD now..Today was a jaw dropper and to be honest..the best news ive received in a very long time.

killbourne
05-23-2011, 08:29 AM
I did email and ask(sent a email response) that the shipping method be changed to UPS...i hope thats not a problem. I didnt read the news about shipping until after the order was placed.

Dolso
05-23-2011, 08:34 AM
At least we won't have to abbreviate the title for this!!!

carlosdetweiller
05-23-2011, 08:37 AM

If it sells for $500, does it stay at $750 for awhile? I think that's my guess...

Higher? A little lower?

I don't know about specific dollar amounts but the investment potential for this one is much better than other books, like FDNS, in my opinion. IT rivals THE STAND in terms of popularity among King fans and readers. I think, along with the S/L THE STAND, this will be the one that even non-collectors will want.

Rahfa
05-23-2011, 08:39 AM

Higher? A little lower?

I don't know about specific dollar amounts but the investment potential for this one is much better than other books, like FDNS, in my opinion. IT rivals THE STAND in terms of popularity among King fans and readers. I think, along with the S/L THE STAND, this will be the one that even non-collectors will want.

That's what I'm thinking too...other than Carrie, maybe Night Shift and The Shining, I can't think of another book as closely identified with SK that isn't already a limited.

Pasiuk57
05-23-2011, 08:43 AM
my order for a lettered crashed
not sure why?

Cloysterpete
05-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Awesome announcement, about time some of the missing books are done as limiteds, probably the best title you could have chose, now how about a Shining S/L, while not a fan of the Shining I think that's the one most on here want next, back to the point will that UK reseller (is it PS Pub, I forget?) of yours books be selling the gift edition of this?. Would cost me a fortune to ship this mammoth tome to the UK.

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 08:48 AM
my order for a lettered crashed
not sure why?

Please email order@cemeterydance.com for help and Mindy will help you out! Sorry for the trouble!

tomi_cc16
05-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Here is my story, but I'm sure Mindy will fix it.

Just ordered the limited edition - now my credit card send me 2 bookings. Think that happens because I had to press the refresh button.

After the booking - there was no order number (black CD screen and than just got back to the CD homepage). Also no E-Mail.
But in 2 min I got 2 mails from my credit card - that 2 amounts (each 535,84$)was billed by CEMETERY DANCE PUBLICA FOREST HILL. Both got approved and money got transfered.

Thomas

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 09:05 AM
Hey Brian, sent another PM. Promise it'll be the last one ;-)

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Hey Thomas, yep, please email Mindy at order@cemeterydance.com and she'll help you! Sorry for the trouble!!

carlosdetweiller
05-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Here is my story, but I'm sure Mindy will fix it.

Just ordered the limited edition - now my credit card send me 2 bookings. Think that happens because I had to press the refresh button.

After the booking - there was no order number (black CD screen and than just got back to the CD homepage). Also no E-Mail.
But in 2 min I got 2 mails from my credit card - that 2 amounts (each 535,84$)was billed by CEMETERY DANCE PUBLICA FOREST HILL. Both got approved and money got transfered.

Thomas

Congratulations! We are supposedly limited to ordering only one copy of each limited but you found a way around the system and have two coming. One to keep and one to sell at a profit! Congrats again!

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 09:13 AM
I'm sure you could order 50 of them through the website and have it go through. Of course, you'd probably get an e-mail back pretty quick regarding 49 of those books being cancelled ;-)

Cook
05-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Brian,
I'm curious to know how long it takes to sellout the lettered's
It's 10:20 am (PDT) about 2-1/2 hours now.
Any stats yet?

killbourne
05-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Im still blown away by the news. CD & KIng has really done something special for the fans.

tomi_cc16
05-23-2011, 09:24 AM
Congratulations! We are supposedly limited to ordering only one copy of each limited but you found a way around the system and have two coming. One to keep and one to sell at a profit! Congrats again!

That was my plan ;-)

burial
05-23-2011, 09:38 AM
AWESOME!
Too bad I have no money for the Lettered edition...
Can't wait to see the book on my shelf...

mae
05-23-2011, 09:45 AM
I think I'm the only one unexcited by the news...

jhanic
05-23-2011, 09:45 AM
I've been trying to order one of the numbered editions, but it won't let me. Are they all already sold?

John

Pasiuk57
05-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Brian
I emailed Mindy and she knows my order was messed up but I think she is looking into it!
Thanks again

Merlin1958
05-23-2011, 09:47 AM
I've been trying to order one of the numbered editions, but it won't let me. Are they all already sold?

John

Probably not. They're having Internet Traffic issues, you gotta just keep trying.

Tito_Villa
05-23-2011, 09:51 AM

Thanks for the order! For Cemetery Dance SK books, we always try to do 750 copies since that's what we did for Buick, SOD 1 & 2, FDNS... King has been very generous to sign this many sheets and I know we and our collectors really appreciate it!!

Brian

That's fair enough

jhanic
05-23-2011, 09:53 AM
I keep trying but all it will do is let me order the slipcased edition. The others don't even show up.

John

Lenny
05-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Well my bank has paid the money for the signed/limited edtion. Don't have a receipt or order conformation yet but i know Brian, Dan and Mindy are still working on it. I'm going to be a nervous wreck about getting this book until I have it in my hands.

Now concerning the book. WOOHOO!!!! Holy crap I have not been as excited about a book since the signed/limited of The Stand came out (which I was unable to get). This is my favorite book on earth and it is finally getting its due. I can not tell you how freaking excited I am about this. My hands were shaking the entire time I was trying to order this book. Now I just have to keep all my fingers and toes crossed that my order goes through ok and I get the book (which will be my FIRST signed/limited edition King book).

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm sure you could order 50 of them through the website and have it go through. Of course, you'd probably get an e-mail back pretty quick regarding 49 of those books being cancelled ;-)

Correct. It makes Mindy very unhappy, too. :)

Brian

MLG
05-23-2011, 09:54 AM
I am on the fence. I love the story and like the fact they have a new afterward by King about writing the story. I ordered the Gift edition but can't spend that much for a limited re-print even with King's signature. I do congratulate Cemetery Dance on the relationship they have built with King over the last few years. I look forward to more in the future.
I think I'm the only one unexcited by the news...

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 09:56 AM
I keep trying but all it will do is let me order the slipcased edition. The others don't even show up.

John

I see what you're talking about. It happens with the Lettered too. Perhaps they removed the ability to order the numbered and Lettered editions in order to ease traffic to the problem areas of the site so that they can fix it.

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 09:57 AM

John

Limited and Lettered Edition are off the site for now to prevent double-billing errors because the amounts are so big! We are going to ask the customers who are interested who did NOT order a copy yet to sign-up for the Waiting Lists so we can send them a note when the server is fixed and give them first shot at ordering:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/king06b

Sorry, I know this is not ideal. The phone calls with our host have not been fun and we are going to make sure we do whatever is needed so this doesn't happen on future announcements -- including leaving for another host ASAP. Sorry again for all of the trouble!

Brian

Merlin1958
05-23-2011, 10:00 AM

John

Limited and Lettered Edition are off the site for now to prevent double-billing errors because the amounts are so big! We are going to ask the customers who are interested who did NOT order a copy yet to sign-up for the Waiting Lists so we can send them a note when the server is fixed and give them first shot at ordering:

Sorry, I know this is not ideal. The phone calls with our host have not been fun and we are going to make sure we do whatever is needed so this doesn't happen on future announcements -- including leaving for another host ASAP. Sorry again for all of the trouble!

Brian

But if you got a confirm email for a single Limited, you're golden, right Brian?

BigCoffinHunter

John

Brian

That makes sense. Still, there's going to be a lot of people out there having heart attacks thinking that the limited is completely sold out.

I worked in IT for about seven years and can vividly recall the frantic phone calls to our host any time we had issues with the server, let alone in the middle of a huge promotion. I don't envy your position right now.

Cook

Big in more than one sense of the word as well. This litterally is going to be a huge book, I think we figured almost 3 times as many pages as our edition of FULL Dark (don't quote me on that though).

Dan, nice to meet you.
I was so shocked when the "IT" page finally posted, my brain expected to see something else, I'm not really sure what it expected but it wasn't this. You guys did a great job on the secret, well done !!
My Limited will look so nice next to my UK 1st.

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 10:07 AM

John

Brian

But if you got a confirm email for a single Limited, you're golden, right Brian?

Yep!

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 10:09 AM
Uh oh... Stephen King's newsletter just sent out the news. I don't imagine that's going to make things any easier for the site...

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 10:09 AM

John

Brian

That makes sense. Still, there's going to be a lot of people out there having heart attacks thinking that the limited is completely sold out.

I worked in IT for about seven years and can vividly recall the frantic phone calls to our host any time we had issues with the server, let alone in the middle of a huge promotion. I don't envy your position right now.

Yeah, the host exported the product page this morning after the server crashed to make it a static HTML page to reduce the burden on the cart -- so now the page is not showing the big message about the Waiting Lists, etc... sigh... working on it!

Thanks to everyone who has been so patient and supportive!

Brian

ICry4Oy
05-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Got the gift edition. Never read the book because after seeing the dreadful mini-series I wasn't interested. But it has been pointed out to me that I MUST read this book. Guess I'll have to go to half-price books to get one to read and keep this one "fresh".

Calla_Wolf
05-23-2011, 10:11 AM
I THINK mine was the first order....thanks to my old friend carlosdetweiller
I started filling out the forms 10 seconds after the page went live

I HOPE that means a low letter and a low number...
Bob - u just cost me a fortune ;)

killbourne
05-23-2011, 10:12 AM

John

Brian

I hope so..now, im nervous as a cow staring at mcdonalds.

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 10:17 AM

John

Brian

I hope so..now, im nervous as a cow staring at mcdonalds.

Like Brian said, it's not because they're sold out yet, it's just to reduce the strain on the server.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-23-2011, 10:23 AM

Doesn't work like that with CD. The order page states that previous owners of CD Lettered Editions will get their normal letter.

wizardsrainbow
05-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Confirmed for a Lettered edition....and Mr. RT is correct, CD fills all of their "regular" customers first, lifetimers etc before the general public. I've already been told that there are no NUMBERs under 100 for the S/L

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 10:28 AM

I was anticipating something King-related, so I made sure that all of my information was updated this morning, which made it a lot quicker to go through checkout. I got my confirmation e-mail at 10:01 am central time :)

As Wiz and Rabbit Trick said though, Cemetery Dance allows you to match previous letters and numbers. Still, it was nice to get the order in early on before there were any sort of server issues. When I placed the order, it didn't slow down at all. Smooth sailing.

Tito_Villa
05-23-2011, 10:30 AM
The number doesn't bother me at all, what bothers me is if i get a book!

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 10:39 AM
If you placed an order you should be fine. If not, you'll just have to keep an eye on the site and wait for the reservation list page to pop up. Now that both Cemetery Dance and King's own newsletter have sent out the news about it, not to mention all of the King-related sites, I imagine that it's going to be extremely important to get on that list as soon as it pops up for anyone who has yet to receive a confirmation and/or have their card charged.

thegreattim
05-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Reservation list has been live for some time:

Dr. Dawg
05-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Shoot, I got tied up at work and wasn't able to get my order in before the Limiteds were taken down. I just ordered a gift edition and added my name to the waiting list... we'll see....

Ben Mears
05-23-2011, 10:47 AM
Gift edition for me. I was just thinking of re-reading IT and will now wait until I receive my copy.

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 10:54 AM
Reservation list has been live for some time:

Funny, I'm able to pull it up through the link but there's not listing for it on the product page when I pull it up. Perhaps it's just going to take the DNS servers some time to update for everyone.

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Shoot, I got tied up at work and wasn't able to get my order in before the Limiteds were taken down. I just ordered a gift edition and added my name to the waiting list... we'll see....

Although the page says that shipping cannot be combined for separate orders, hopefully Cemetery Dance will make exceptions in light of the issues with the site.

biomieg
05-23-2011, 10:56 AM
I also got myself a nice gift edition. One thing, dear Cemetery Dance, one thing..... pleeeaaaaaase don't throw another one of those abhorrent brownish slipcases at us (like on the SOD and FDNS gift eds.).

But: great news and a job well done!

Cook
05-23-2011, 11:06 AM
I also got myself a nice gift edition. One thing, dear Cemetery Dance, one thing..... pleeeaaaaaase don't throw another one of those abhorrent brownish slipcases at us (like on the SOD and FDNS gift eds.).

Biomieg,

You might be onto something there..... I was just trying to think of the last time I viewed an attractive brown car?
A nice cloth tray/slipcase might be nice.

thegreattim
05-23-2011, 11:06 AM

I politely and respectfully disagree. The SoD slipcases are the nicest slipcases in my collection. And while the FDNS slips are not quite as nice, it does fit the coloring scheme of the jacket art. And do I like that just as much.

Anyway, as long as it matches the theme and appearance of the book, I will be happy regardless.

olverts
05-23-2011, 11:12 AM
Got my confirmation email for the S/L at 11:04:09 EDT , really looking forward to this book :)

Cutter
05-23-2011, 11:18 AM
I never got a confirmation. I just got my usual Paypal conformation saying I paid CD. Which was around 11-11:30 when I ordered.

Cutter
05-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Gift edition for me. I was just thinking of re-reading IT and will now wait until I receive my copy.

Same. It's been a while since I've read IT and I am due for a re-read. I will really enjoy reading it again in a nice CD edition.

marc
05-23-2011, 11:21 AM
It would be excellent if CD could find it in their hearts to offer combined shipping for people living in (for instance) The Netherlands (if there are other Dutch people interested in combined shipping). I know I've said this before but it's just that the shipping costs are so very, very high when compared to the price of the actual book, and it could be lowered so very, very easily. I now know of at least 3 gift editions that'll be shipped to the Netherlands for $55 dollars each (not to mention customs). How I wish I could spent that money on actual books.

Still looking forward to my gift edition though :-)

biomieg
05-23-2011, 11:22 AM
That's okay, Tim! And you're right, the SOD slipcase is okay. But the combination of the blue lettering and brown FDNS slipcase with its weird texture/patterning does not appeal to my sense of aesthetics at all...

Niels
05-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Is the gift-edition going the be available thru pspublishing? (Just like the "Riding the Bullet")

carlosdetweiller
05-23-2011, 11:37 AM

I'll take the credit but it couldn't have been me, could it? I was checking this and CD's sites frequently this morning but knew nothing until I checked this thread and saw BigCoffinHunter's and Clacke's posts at 10:02CST. I placed my order right after that, about 10:10CST by the time I got all the forms filled out.

thegreattim
05-23-2011, 11:39 AM
That's okay, Tim! And you're right, the SOD slipcase is okay. But the combination of the blue lettering and brown FDNS slipcase with its weird texture/patterning does not appeal to my sense of aesthetics at all...

Fair enough, I can totally see that. I may be partial to the brown and blue, due to it being the color scheme of my living room in which my King case sits. Of course, that's a much lighter blue that the FDNS lettering. Oh well. Here's hoping for something new and exciting (but not terrible, haha).

frik
05-23-2011, 11:39 AM
It would be excellent if CD could find it in their hearts to offer combined shipping for people living in (for instance) The Netherlands (if there are other Dutch people interested in combined shipping). I know I've said this before but it's just that the shipping costs are so very, very high when compared to the price of the actual book, and it could be lowered so very, very easily. I now know of at least 3 gift editions that'll be shipped to the Netherlands for $55 dollars each (not to mention customs).

I don't think anyone here would be interested in combining their order -which i don't think is possible anyways- with mine: For my three editions I'm already paying...$200.00! Ouch! And then there's the import duty I'll ahve to pay...double-ouch!

sk

frik
05-23-2011, 11:45 AM
I'll take the credit but it couldn't have been me, could it? I was checking this and CD's sites frequently this morning but knew nothing until I checked this thread and saw BigCoffinHunter's and Clacke's posts at 10:02CST. I placed my order right after that, about 10:10CST by the time I got all the forms filled out.

I'm pretty sure I placed my order before 5pm....My order confirmation says 17.01. And I did make a few mistakes ordering which I had to correct before finalizing my order.
5 pm here would be your 10.00 CST.

sk

Tito_Villa
05-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Is the gift-edition going the be available thru pspublishing? (Just like the "Riding the Bullet")

I would like to know this to if possible?

Calla_Wolf
05-23-2011, 11:56 AM

Ah, my friend, don't you remember mailing me on Saturday to tell me there was going to be a CD announcement on Monday? That really peaked my curiosity...and now I'm very poor <grin>

Stockerlone
05-23-2011, 11:58 AM
It would be excellent if CD could find it in their hearts to offer combined shipping for people living in (for instance) The Netherlands (if there are other Dutch people interested in combined shipping). I know I've said this before but it's just that the shipping costs are so very, very high when compared to the price of the actual book, and it could be lowered so very, very easily. I now know of at least 3 gift editions that'll be shipped to the Netherlands for $55 dollars each (not to mention customs).

I don't think anyone here would be interested in combining their order -which i don't think is possible anyways- with mine: For my three editions I'm already paying...$200.00! Ouch! And then there's the import duty I'll ahve to pay...double-ouch!

sk

I´am interested in combining shipping, but in the next time... expensive books are not possible for me. Spend TOOO much money for books:(

frik
05-23-2011, 11:59 AM
CD fills all of their "regular" customers first, lifetimers etc before the general public. I've already been told that there are no NUMBERs under 100 for the S/L

I'm a regular CD customer, but my four King limiteds have three different numbers; only the SoD books share the same number. I don't mind at all, but I just thought I'd let you know.

sk

shaq
05-23-2011, 12:21 PM
Hi,

This is fantastic!! The book I have wanted as a limited for ages. I'm very happy I subscribe to the collector and here, I wouldn't have a clue otherwise!

What a great week, I managed to see Roger Waters perform The Wall, wanted to do that for years, and now managed to bag IT!!! This is THE book for me, I was very tempted to request the Lettered but I couldn't justify that, but my confirmation came through and then the posts came in pretty much straight away that they had taken them down for now. So very lucky.

(Ceri, I was looking at your email re Talisman on Ebay, now I see why!!! I was tempted to make a bid for it until this came up. sorry.)

The art work looks wonderful, can't wait. Publish date of 2011 too!!! Christmas too much to ask for?

Exciting day!!

ps I opted for the signed numbered!! so giddy forgot to say which one I bought!

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 12:21 PM
CD fills all of their "regular" customers first, lifetimers etc before the general public. I've already been told that there are no NUMBERs under 100 for the S/L

I'm a regular CD customer, but my four King limiteds have three different numbers; only the SoD books share the same number. I don't mind at all, but I just thought I'd let you know.

sk

You have to request to have your number matched each time a new book comes out. At least, that's how I do it.

DanHocker
05-23-2011, 12:25 PM

sk

You have to request to have your number matched each time a new book comes out. At least, that's how I do it.

You are correct sir.

carlosdetweiller
05-23-2011, 12:28 PM

Ah, my friend, don't you remember mailing me on Saturday to tell me there was going to be a CD announcement on Monday? That really peaked my curiosity...and now I'm very poor <grin>

OK. I told you there was going to be a big announcement but I didn't know what it was. OK. I'll take credit for that.

I got up early Saturday morning and before I had taken my second sip of coffee I saw what looked like a UK proof of EVERYTHING'S EVENTUAL offered on eBay by calla_wolf. I immediately e-mailed him with an offer to buy it out of eBay. Just a few seconds after e-mailing him I became more fully awake and saw that it was just the US proof by Scribner. Well, we e-mailed a little back and forth laughing at my somnolence and that was when I mentioned that big news was coming from CD on Monday.

olverts
05-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Allready one on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-25th-Anniversary-Ed-Signed-King-/190536969701?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item2c5ce36de5

thegreattim
05-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Allready one on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-25th-Anniversary-Ed-Signed-King-/190536969701?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item2c5ce36de5

Ha. Too bad his description of "Already sold out, in less than one hour" is not factually correct.

DanHocker
05-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Allready one on ebay

Huh interesting. I didn't think ebay allowed pre-sale's, also it's not technically sold out yet, just not available for purchase until the web site thing is fixed completely.

MLG
05-23-2011, 12:58 PM
This off the current topic but I just had to mention it. CD will be shipping the Trade of In Laymon's Terms in June then the Limited in fall. I only ordered the Limited, but want to read this book.

carlosdetweiller
05-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Allready one on ebay

I came over to post the same listing. You spend too much time on eBay.

olverts
05-23-2011, 01:06 PM
Allready one on ebay

I came over to post the same listing. You spend too much time on eBay.

I have a girlfriend thats saying the same thing :)

Cloysterpete
05-23-2011, 01:09 PM
This off the current topic but I just had to mention it. CD will be shipping the Trade of In Laymon's Terms in June then the Limited in fall. I only ordered the Limited, but want to read this book.

So do I!

I odessa the trade for $30 from book Depos forever ago, god I hope it's not like on Amazon where they list copies of books they dont ever get!, most infuriating lol.

Jimimck
05-23-2011, 01:12 PM
Kinda annoyed.

Woke up to email saying S/L IT. Had to read it again to make sure I wasn't dreaming (IT is numero uno for me) and so quickly ran to comp, clicked on link, and was taken to "Sign Up for Waiting list"

It seemed reasonable that in the few hours, IT had sold out, so I found the gift edition avail and purchased that. Now I read all the info about the website being down and the S/L may still be avail.

Can't afford both. Oh well, probably shouldn't be spending that kinda dough for the S/L anyway.

But enough complainging. WOO HOO!!!!!! Gift edition of IT!!!!
Well done CD.

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Allready one on ebay

Huh interesting. I didn't think ebay allowed pre-sale's, also it's not technically sold out yet, just not available for purchase until the web site thing is fixed completely.

That's probably the reason why the seller only has it listed for one day, as he (or she) realizes that it will probably get yanked and is hoping to either complete the sale quickly or at the very least get a bidder's name to offer the book to outside of eBay. Very shady, indeed.

LostAlivE
05-23-2011, 01:35 PM
What date was It published on and is that when CD is going to start shipping these?

DanHocker
05-23-2011, 01:40 PM
What date was It published on and is that when CD is going to start shipping these?

I think IT was published in September originally, I'm not sure when we'll be shipping these. Hopefully Brian will have a better idea.

George at C-Springs
05-23-2011, 01:49 PM
Well, as I figured, 4 hours after release was way too late. Called the house, wife was busy giving the 1-yr old a bath, so tried to talk my 7-yr old through it .... gave up after 20 minutes. Not that it matters now, by what I'm reading about the website crashing. Well, signed up for the S/L wait list, can only see what happens I guess. Really don't care about the gift. BTW, $2K for a lettered? That's insane! Of course I say that because I don't have $2K lying around to drop on a book.

But, really, I'm a little disappointed ... wasn't anybody else, just a little (be honest), when you saw it was IT instead of 11/22/63???

Jimimck
05-23-2011, 01:54 PM
But, really, I'm a little disappointed ... wasn't anybody else, just a little (be honest), when you saw it was IT instead of 11/22/63???

No way - Very happy it is a special edition of an older book. Yes it is cool for the new releases to be done, but we have been spoilt a bit for those lately. Plus with WTTK coming out next year too, I'm glad to see the classics are not being left behind...

BigCoffinHunter
Well, as I figured, 4 hours after release was way too late. Called the house, wife was busy giving the 1-yr old a bath, so tried to talk my 7-yr old through it .... gave up after 20 minutes. Not that it matters now, by what I'm reading about the website crashing. Well, signed up for the S/L wait list, can only see what happens I guess. Really don't care about the gift. BTW, $2K for a lettered? That's insane! Of course I say that because I don't have $2K lying around to drop on a book.

Not really, because I know I love IT whereas I still have yet to even read 11/22/63 ;)

Ric

Absolutely NOT! In fact I was ecstatic. I know that a limited is coming for that book, but to get a limited for IT? Awesome! Totally psyched!

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Hey, I'll answer some posts in a moment, but I wanted to get this posted first:

Now that we've had time to start sorting through the orders, the deluxe Lettered Edition sold out within 25 minutes of being announced this morning, and dozens of collectors jumped on the waiting list, so we're no longer accepting names for the Waiting List of that edition since there will not be books to offer.

We are still accepting names for the Limited Edition waiting list and we hope to sell those remaining copies as soon as possible:

Thank you for your understanding.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 01:57 PM

I'm really hoping to have the slipcase for the Limited Edition of ILT before "fall" but I didn't want to promise earlier since I wasn't 100% sure it would happen. More details to come next month, thanks again for your patience on this one!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 02:00 PM
If ANYONE has any questions about whether their order made it to us, etc, please email me and I would be happy to look into the situation for you. It might take a few days to dig through all of the orders, but we're already working through the pile to confirm everything matches up, etc!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

George at C-Springs
05-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Hey, I'll answer some posts in a moment, but I wanted to get this posted first:

Now that we've had time to start sorting through the orders, the deluxe Lettered Edition sold out within 25 minutes of being announced this morning, and dozens of collectors jumped on the waiting list, so we're no longer accepting names for the Waiting List of that edition since there will not be books to offer.

We are still accepting names for the Limited Edition waiting list and we hope to sell those remaining copies as soon as possible:

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for the update Brian. BTW, my FDNS was #414, so if you could hook me up ... :unsure:

No way - Very happy it is a special edition of an older book. Yes it is cool for the new releases to be done, but we have been spoilt a bit for those lately. Plus with WTTK coming out next year too, I'm glad to see the classics are not being left behind...

Not really, because I know I love IT whereas I still have yet to even read 11/22/63

Absolutely NOT! In fact I was ecstatic. I know that a limited is coming for that book, but to get a limited for IT? Awesome! Totally psyched!

Okay, okay, sorry I said it! Sheesh! :clap:

carlosdetweiller
05-23-2011, 02:01 PM
the deluxe Lettered Edition sold out within 25 minutes of being announced this morning

WOW!!

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 02:01 PM
We will DEFINITELY work with anyone who buys the Limited Edition from the Waiting List who needs orders combined to reduce the shipping. You don't need to wait to see if you're getting a Limited Edition if you want to order the Gift Edition, etc. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Ric
05-23-2011, 02:04 PM
the deluxe Lettered Edition sold out within 25 minutes of being announced this morning

WOW!!

You said it! $104,000 in 25 mins. Not too shabby!

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 02:05 PM
I believe PS Publishing is getting a handful of copies of the Gift Edition, but I doubt they'll last!

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

George at C-Springs
05-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Hey Brian, is it too late to be the first person to ask for a Proof/ARC??? (Probably!!!)

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 02:07 PM

WOW!!

You said it! $104,000 in 25 mins. Not too shabby!

Now if only that was all PROFIT! :)

Of course, a book like this costs much more than than just to get the RIGHTS, and the printing bill will be much more than that amount, so unfortunately we'll need to keep selling the other editions to pay the bills. ;)

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

super sam
05-23-2011, 02:11 PM
Is the waitinglist for me to know when the S/L is up for sale again or is it a reserved copy if i am contacted?

pixiedark76
05-23-2011, 02:23 PM
I ordered the gift edition at around 4:00 pm. I am so excited! the art work is AWESOME!! I think this will be the best book CD ever produced!

MLG
05-23-2011, 02:27 PM
How do you know that a limited for 11/22/63 is coming, and who will be producing it? King has not consistently allowed limited editions of his work.

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Is the waitinglist for me to know when the S/L is up for sale again or is it a reserved copy if i am contacted?

When it is available for sale again -- sorry if I wasn't clear! There are too many people interested and because of the server problems, the person who signed up first might not have the been the first person there, etc... so we'll notify everyone on that list at the same time AND before we post on the boards or send a note to our mailing list, that way they have a "head start" on ordering.

FYI: I am hoping to be selling the rest of the Limited Editions tonight.

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

WeDealInLead
05-23-2011, 02:37 PM
The signed edition might be a good investment but I can't afford a $500 book so gift edition it is.

George at C-Springs
05-23-2011, 02:39 PM
Brian, it sounds like you're going to shotgun it out to everyone on the waiting list, and it'll be first come-first serve. Is that correct? So, it's 12:40 AM here; if I don't stay up and monitor my e-mail all night for a response to the standby list, I won't have a chance to get the S/L?

Can't I just tell you to use my ordering info that you have on file, I want the damn thing?!?

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Do King collector's sleep?

Randall Flagg
05-23-2011, 03:19 PM

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman
I have been on vacation for 3 days-a real vacation, no computers, turned cell phone off, and I come back to this news.
I suppose it's a good thing our server here didn't crash. Happy to assist with spreading the word.:grouphug:

Dr. Dawg
05-23-2011, 03:21 PM
I really can't afford this one, but I'm more excited about this one than I have been about a S/L in a long time!!!

Ric
05-23-2011, 03:22 PM
How do you know that a limited for 11/22/63 is coming, and who will be producing it? King has not consistently allowed limited editions of his work.

Call it a hunch. :)

Merlin1958
05-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Brian,

What do the "Lifetime Members" get out of each edition? Just curious.

Bill

Randall Flagg
05-23-2011, 03:28 PM

Snagged.

jhanic
05-23-2011, 03:41 PM
I was able to order my limited. Hopefully, they're getting #359 for me. (I started with #359 at CD back with From a Buick 8.)

John

Sir_Boomme
05-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Brian,

What do the "Lifetime Members" get out of each edition? Just curious.

Bill

speaking about my lifetime membership only (that's all I'm privy too)
I get my number (#43) of the limited,and any gift or trade editions released by CD.

lettered editions are not included.

George at C-Springs
05-23-2011, 04:00 PM
If you were on the wait list, you should have received an e-mail from CD/Brian ... check your e-mail!

Okay, now really going to bed. Really!

gsvec
05-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Just ordered my limited as well! :D

killbourne
05-23-2011, 04:07 PM
So, just to confirm one more time. If you received a email order confirmation(automated response) from CD....everything is good to go?

killbourne
05-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Also, curious if a person can change the shipping method since it was a dash to the finish line this morning. I would rather pay extra to have some type of insurance.

carlosdetweiller
05-23-2011, 05:11 PM
Also, curious if a person can change the shipping method since it was a dash to the finish line this morning. I would rather pay extra to have some type of insurance.

I wonder the same thing. When all of this initial flurry of activity dies down I think I will inquire. I ordered one each of all three states. That means I will have to wait for the lettered edition to be finished before I get any of my books. Even though it incurs extra expense I think I would rather have the books shipped to me as they are ready. Who knows? The lettered edition may be many, many months behind the other two editions.

killbourne
05-23-2011, 05:18 PM
I didnt even read the info page before I ordered. i was so excited about this edition..lol

killbourne
05-23-2011, 05:20 PM
CD has finally made me a firm believer. Any doubts that I may have had have went out the window.

Brian James Freeman
05-23-2011, 05:29 PM
You can absolutely change your shipping method at this point -- just reply to your order confirmation and Mindy will get back to you as soon as she can!

The Gift Edition and Limited Edition should ship together like we did with Buick, SOD, FDNS, etc... The Lettered Editions will definitely be later, but they're going to be with our NEW vendor who is working on the Lettered Edition of FDNS so I'm hoping to really tighten up that schedule (compared to some past projects!).

Brian

thegreattim
05-23-2011, 05:42 PM
*gulp*

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?377-Your-New-Pride-and-Joy!&p=614741&viewfull=1#post614741

carlosdetweiller
05-23-2011, 06:01 PM
*gulp*

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/showthread.php?377-Your-New-Pride-and-Joy!&p=614741&viewfull=1#post614741

I agree. And the timing wasn't great for me. My credit card cycle usually ends on the 25th of the month. I'll have to pay for the limited editions on this credit cycle. If it had come out three days later I would have had almost two months to pay.

thegreattim
05-23-2011, 06:10 PM
*gulp*

I agree. And the timing wasn't great for me. My credit card cycle usually ends on the 25th of the month. I'll have to pay for the limited editions on this credit cycle. If it had come out three days later I would have had almost two months to pay.

I more or less paid for it in cash, but literally have no idea how I can justify a purchase of a $500 book. I will have to sell a lot of plasma to make up for it and eat only Ramen in the meantime, haha. While I didn't make this decision lightly, it is my favorite King book after all... This is 250% more than I have ever spent on any one book. It's a little freaky and my heart's kind of racing. But I really can't wait to hold this beauty in my hands!

Ric
05-23-2011, 06:17 PM
Don't sweat it Tim. You'll earn the money back, but the book will last a lifetime. Better to pay list now than scalper markup later.

Fsmdr
05-23-2011, 06:27 PM
So is the S/L still available right now?. Or is it sold out?.

thegreattim
05-23-2011, 06:27 PM
That's the truth. And kinda the way I was looking at it. I never planned to commit to the S/L route and probably won't again, but with *this* book... and it looks so very nice... I just couldn't say no.

Although, in the future, with S/Ls only being priced at $350-$400, I'll look back and think "Hey. That's not too bad a price." I just may kick myself for this yet!

thegreattim
05-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Still up as of 3 minutes ago.

Jimimck
05-23-2011, 06:29 PM
So is the S/L still available right now?. Or is it sold out?.

Still available right now....

Fsmdr
05-23-2011, 06:35 PM
That's the truth. And kinda the way I was looking at it. I never planned to commit to the S/L route and probably won't again, but with *this* book... and it looks so very nice... I just couldn't say no.

Although, in the future, with S/Ls only being priced at $350-$400, I'll look back and think "Hey. That's not too bad a price." I just may kick myself for this yet!

Well, look at it this way. If after you receive your book and you decide differently, you could always sell it to someone else, most likely for a profit, but for sure at the minimum issue price. So no loss on your side. On the upside, you might be thankful later that you had purchased it today. :thumbsup:

tippy4
05-23-2011, 06:39 PM
One on ebay now

S/L IT (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-25th-Anniversary-Ed-Signed-King-/190536969701?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item2c5ce36de5#ht_2343wt_1133)

Randall Flagg
05-23-2011, 06:42 PM
The "Economy" has not recovered yet. $500 (with shipping) is a large chunk for people to bite off right now. Of course I ordered one, but I can see how 750 copies could take a day or two to sell.
Purely anecdotal and unscientific, but the wife and I just returned from our annual 3rd weekend in May trip. We have gone for ~20 years in a row, with perhaps one skipped. This year was the absolutely SLOWEST weekend the wineries have ever had. I am sure part of it is over-saturation. 20 Years ago in Paso Robles, Ca there were ~20 wineries, now there are 250+. Every retired investment banker, physician from L.A. wanted to escape (who can blame them) to a quiet area and "grow wine" ( :) ) Yet this year compared to last was almost frightening to the businesses-they built it and no one came.
Long diatribe to simply say-times are still tough for many.

gsvec
05-23-2011, 06:45 PM
One on ebay now

S/L IT (http://cgi.ebay.com/Stephen-King-25th-Anniversary-Ed-Signed-King-/190536969701?pt=US_Fiction_Books&hash=item2c5ce36de5#ht_2343wt_1133)

That's just plain wrong, IMO. But I guess it's not illegal or anything . . .

Jimimck
05-23-2011, 06:52 PM
One on ebay now

Blatant false advertising. He states they sold out in less than a hour, but they are still available now...

Merlin1958
05-23-2011, 06:59 PM
*gulp*

I more or less paid for it in cash, but literally have no idea how I can justify a purchase of a $500 book. I will have to sell a lot of plasma to make up for it and eat only Ramen in the meantime, haha. While I didn't make this decision lightly, it is my favorite King book after all... This is 250% more than I have ever spent on any one book. It's a little freaky and my heart's kind of racing. But I really can't wait to hold this beauty in my hands!

Who is your favorite Author?

What is your favorite title by him?

What is your most anticipated Purchase?

1) Stephen King
2) "IT"
3) The 25th Anniversay S/L "IT"

"Alright then. Off with you, be quick about it."

LOL

Merlin1958
05-23-2011, 07:02 PM
One on ebay now

What's wrong with a guy being "Enterprising"?

thegreattim
05-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Who is your favorite Author?

What is your favorite title by him?

What is your most anticipated Purchase?

1) Stephen King
2) "IT"
3) The 25th Anniversay S/L "IT"

"Alright then. Off with you, be quick about it."

LOL

Well, Merlin. When you put it *that* way. I'll just shut up now, haha.

Rahfa
05-23-2011, 07:16 PM
The "Economy" has not recovered yet. $500 (with shipping) is a large chunk for people to bite off right now. Of course I ordered one, but I can see how 750 copies could take a day or two to sell.
Purely anecdotal and unscientific, but the wife and I just returned from our annual 3rd weekend in May trip. We have gone for ~20 years in a row, with perhaps one skipped. This year was the absolutely SLOWEST weekend the wineries have ever had.

$500 is pretty healthy, that's for sure. I think it's a fair price, considering the size and reputation of the book....but it is worth noting that Full Dark s/ls with the same 750 limitation sell at around $400, barely above issue price.

Of course, IT is far beyond FDNS in terms of rep...but the collectors are all drawn from the same pool, and FDNS didn't see any kind of on-going surge in price.

But, I'd be shocked if IT can't maintain a $750 secondary market price.

Scoogs
05-23-2011, 07:27 PM
Phew, just ordered one. Thought I had missed it when I tried to buy one earlier today and only the gift edition was showing.
This was certainly an unexpected surprise and my first King book in a few years.

Merlin1958
05-23-2011, 07:27 PM

$500 is pretty healthy, that's for sure. I think it's a fair price, considering the size and reputation of the book....but it is worth noting that Full Dark s/ls with the same 750 limitation sell at around $400, barely above issue price.

Of course, IT is far beyond FDNS in terms of rep...but the collectors are all drawn from the same pool, and FDNS didn't see any kind of on-going surge in price.

But, I'd be shocked if IT can't maintain a $750 secondary market price.

Well, with FD/NS you still have to ascertain it's long term value, while "IT" is arguably a much more established and welcomed book (a signed first goes for $800-1,000) and is now recieving some percieved overdue treatment. I also think the fact that it may be percieved as a "Step in the right direction" as far as special treatment for older, much valued "First Editions" by collectors is a factor. If I stated my point saliently?

I for one appreciate some of the older titles getting "special treatment". Especially ones like "Night Shift" and "The Shining" for instance. Books arguably worth more as true firsts than some "Lettered's" issued now!!!

Just MHO

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 08:03 PM
That eBay auction has been yanked, by the way.

BigCoffinHunter
05-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Well, with FD/NS you still have to ascertain it's long term value, while "IT" is arguably a much more established and welcomed book (a signed first goes for $800-1,000) and is now recieving some percieved overdue treatment.

IT may be viewed as similar to Centipede Press' "'salem's Lot" in that respect (although much of the increase in value to Centipede Press' edition had to do with the the initial low price and unusually high production values). Also, keep in mind that FDNS is a short story collection, which are usually perceived as less valuable than full-length novels (and you don't get much longer than IT).

George at C-Springs
05-23-2011, 10:53 PM
Hey all, I'd just like to give a big ol' :clap: to Brian for putting in the time and effort here on the boards last night; I personally think that he went way beyond just doing his job for CD, especially on what must have been a tremendously busy day. CD may be a small company, but he's doing all the right things from a customer service perspective in keeping us up to date, answering questions ... and gripes ... and complaints ... and bitches ...

Now, if I could just get that lettered The Passage! (yes, yes, I know, it's at the casemaker, and he's swamped, yadda yadda yadda ...) :lol:

George at C-Springs
05-23-2011, 11:08 PM
By the way, did everybody who wanted to get an S/L yesterday able to? I haven't read any complaints yet!

Brian, is it a sellout?

frik
05-24-2011, 12:04 AM
I'm not Brian, but according to the CD site it's still available.

sk

ur2ndbiggestfan
05-24-2011, 01:43 AM
I'm glad I was able to get a limited ordered this morning, but I'm still a little (just a LITTLE!!!!) irked that I was waiting for the announcement yesterday at the time it was supposed to be announced (and it wasn't), so I missed out on the lettered edition, again! And I was late getting back to work because I was waiting.

frik
05-24-2011, 01:59 AM
I'm glad I was able to get a limited ordered this morning, but I'm still a little (just a LITTLE!!!!) irked that I was waiting for the announcement yesterday at the time it was supposed to be announced (and it wasn't),because I was waiting.

Are you sure?
I was waiting as well, and the announcement came even a few minutes before the hour. I was continually checking the forum, facebook and the CD site and the site had it up right on/before time. One minute after the hour I had received the confirmation of my order.

sk

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-24-2011, 02:08 AM
Cemetery Dance have announced that they are releasing King's IT in a "25th Anniversary Special Limited Edition". This will be a huge book (7 inches X 10 inches) and illustrated by Glen Orbik (full-color wrap-around color artwork) and Alan M. Clark and Erin Wells (nearly thirty original color and black & white interior illustrations).

The special features exclusive to this Collector's Edition are:
- brand new afterword by Stephen King detailing why he wrote the book
- deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing
- epic wrap-around full color cover artwork by Glen Orbik
- nearly thirty pieces of color and black & white interior artwork by Alan M. Clark and Erin Wells
- interior color artwork will be printed on a high-quality glossy stock and tipped into the book
- high-quality embossed endpapers and fine bindings for all three editions
- full-color signature sheets with exclusive color artwork in the signed editions
- a page count so high it pushes the limits of our printer — easily our largest book ever!
- extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the MILLIONS of copies of this novel you've seen in bookstores over the last 25 years — and you will NOT find our edition in chain bookstores!

Here are the covers for the gift, limited and lettered editions.

http://liljas-library.com/img/other/it_gift_s.jpg http://liljas-library.com/img/other/it_limited_s.jpg http://liljas-library.com/img/other/it_lettered_s.jpg

Here are more info about each edition:
- Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 2,750 illustrated copies printed in two colors with two color hot foil stamping, a fine binding, and embossed endpapers ($125)

- Traycased Oversized Hardcover Signed Limited Edition of only 750 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in leather with two color hot foil stamping, a satin ribbon page marker and different embossed endpapers, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($475)

- Oversized Signed Hardcover Lettered Edition of only 52 illustrated copies printed in two colors and bound in two different fine materials with gilded page edges, imported endpapers, a satin ribbon page marker, and protected in a custom deluxe box, signed by Stephen King and all of the artists ($2,000)

shaq
05-24-2011, 02:42 AM
I'm a happy man now, my bank's fraud section called me saying a payment has been requested in the US (im UK) and they wanted to confrm it was correct. I confirmed and they paid!

Which means my copy is secure! Hopefully the number I requested, but we'll see.

Now I may be able to get back to my accountancy revision (exams are tomorrow) such a bad time to be making distracting announcements like this! :-)

biomieg
05-24-2011, 03:50 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing proofs/ARCs of this monster.

jhanic
05-24-2011, 04:00 AM
There may not be any. If you remember, when CD did Full Dark, No Stars, they only issued a VERY limited number of proofs, one of which was offered in the auction. (I'll be looking too, though! :excited:)

John

biomieg
05-24-2011, 04:03 AM
You are probably right but I would love to see one. It's going to be gigantic!

namelessnpoor
05-24-2011, 04:17 AM
had computer issues at home yesterday couldn't order the S/L, i guess luckily for me the site also had computer issues and they stopped orders, because when it came back on line i was able to get one ordered !! I am not much of a S/L collector, I have a few but sold most of mine, but somethng about IT, justhad to get it or knew i would regret it later. What are the thoughts on the Gift edition, think it will be available below list cover price later on? or since its, IT, will it be more, there are 2750 copies, so i held off ordering one of those.

Brian James Freeman
05-24-2011, 04:27 AM
The Limited Edition is back on the website, but even with the frustration and confusion of yesterday, we don't expect the remaining copies to last long... working on getting a firm count right now. Here is the link in case anyone wants one:

Best wishes,
Brian Freeman

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-24-2011, 04:28 AM
I don't think there will be many proofs made. Why should they even print any? The point of proofs is to promote sales of the book, but all editions will be sold out before publication.

DanHocker
05-24-2011, 04:35 AM
I'm glad I was able to get a limited ordered this morning, but I'm still a little (just a LITTLE!!!!) irked that I was waiting for the announcement yesterday at the time it was supposed to be announced (and it wasn't), so I missed out on the lettered edition, again! And I was late getting back to work because I was waiting.

Did your newsletter end up in your spam box by chance? I know I got mine (yes I'm signed up for our own newsletter) pretty much minutes after 11 a.m. EST. Also the announcement was on the front page of the website and our forums at about 10:55 a.m. I'm not sure what time it hit facebook and twitter, but knowing Brian, it hit within seconds of him clicking send on the newsletter.

Bev Vincent
05-24-2011, 05:07 AM
No, the point of proofs is to have copies of the book to proof in final format before printing the final version. Advanced readers copies are done to promote sales.

WeDealInLead
05-24-2011, 05:25 AM
Michael,
I know you don't care for signed editions. Is this one at least tempting? It is to me. I cancelled a lettered The Five to buy this. I still haven't and I might not but the tab is always open... decisions, decisions.

Mr. Rabbit Trick
05-24-2011, 05:25 AM
Bev is correct, as usual.

So there may be a few proofs, but ARCs will not be needed.

frik
05-24-2011, 05:31 AM
Also the announcement was on the front page of the website and our forums at about 10:55 a.m.

Yep. That's how I managed to get my order in nice and early.

sk

biomieg
05-24-2011, 05:33 AM
Michael,
I know you don't care for signed editions. Is this one at least tempting? It is to me. I cancelled a lettered The Five to buy this. I still haven't and I might not but the tab is always open... decisions, decisions.

To be honest, I was prepared to go for the numbered edition and I probably would have pulled the trigger... but I made a major purchase very recently (one that you probably wouldn't care for!) and I also have to save some $$ for a three-week travel through Southern Africa later this year. So I decided to take the gift edition instead.

Rahfa
05-24-2011, 05:36 AM
Well, with FD/NS you still have to ascertain it's long term value, while "IT" is arguably a much more established and welcomed book (a signed first goes for $800-1,000) and is now recieving some percieved overdue treatment.

IT may be viewed as similar to Centipede Press' "'salem's Lot" in that respect (although much of the increase in value to Centipede Press' edition had to do with the the initial low price and unusually high production values). Also, keep in mind that FDNS is a short story collection, which are usually perceived as less valuable than full-length novels (and you don't get much longer than IT).

That's all true (although a signed trade IT doesn't go anywhere near $800)...it's one of those books where everybody knows about it, so even a casual fan should be sort of excited.

And yeah, it always feels better buying a huge book - even if you're never going to read it.

Hopefully this becomes the new The Stand s/l that the market's needed for awhile.

Justin Case
05-24-2011, 06:11 AM
God, I wish I could get the limited... and its still available! Uugg! I may have to get this at a marked up secondary market price. I know I'm happy with the Gift edition for now though... All out Kudos for CD!!:excited:

Niels
05-24-2011, 06:11 AM
When will we see your "major purchase"? I still can't believe you bought it.

biomieg
05-24-2011, 06:33 AM
Me neither. But I'd like to forget about it until I have 'it' in my hands (well, there are actually two). This will take some time, I'm not paying the money all at once so I will have to wait a couple of months before I get 'them'.

Ric
05-24-2011, 06:34 AM
Me neither. But I'd like to forget about it until I have 'it' in my hands (well, there are actually two). This will take some time, I'm not paying the money all at once so I will have to wait a couple of months before I get 'them'.

You bought breast implants? :wtf:

biomieg
05-24-2011, 06:37 AM
Back on topic: I am still not sure which DJ I like the best. The lettered edition is often the nicest but I'm just not sure about it now.... maybe the 'IT' from the lettered combined with the 'Stephen King' from the numbered (and without the 25th Anniversary blurb).

What do you guys think of the interior artwork so far? And would you buy prints if they were available? I like what I've seen so far but it takes some getting used to.

biomieg
05-24-2011, 06:41 AM

You bought breast implants? :wtf:

Well, I'm sure 'they' can be implanted but I plan to display them in another way.

WeDealInLead
05-24-2011, 06:44 AM
All fonts on this are a little tacky for me. I'd go with something simpler, less photoshop-ish and bolder. The artwork is so busy so a simpler title would make sense. It is what it is though and I'm glad it looks different from the original.

edit: I'd go with Stephen King from the first on the left and It from the third one. I'd make it smaller and thicker though

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 06:59 AM
I actually prefer the IT lettering from the first dustjacket. I like the color, the way the mud is splashed across the letters, and the way that they appear to be emerging from the fog.

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 07:04 AM

Did your newsletter end up in your spam box by chance? I know I got mine (yes I'm signed up for our own newsletter) pretty much minutes after 11 a.m. EST. Also the announcement was on the front page of the website and our forums at about 10:55 a.m. I'm not sure what time it hit facebook and twitter, but knowing Brian, it hit within seconds of him clicking send on the newsletter.

Perhaps he is referring to the fact that Brian had originally indicated that the announcement would be between 10:00 am - 11:00 am eastern time.

biomieg
05-24-2011, 07:05 AM
I sort of agree, but the lettered 'IT' seems to fit the best in terms of the color scheme of the DJ art. Also, the gift 'IT' lettering is a tad too massive for my taste.

WeDealInLead
05-24-2011, 07:19 AM
I pulled the trigger on the signed one and asked for a refund on one of the gift editions.

That's how I justify it.

Tito_Villa
05-24-2011, 07:23 AM
Personally i do prefer the letterd's cover and like the limited's least!

carlosdetweiller
05-24-2011, 07:25 AM
while "IT" is arguably a much more established and welcomed book (a signed first goes for $800-1,000).

That's all true (although a signed trade IT doesn't go anywhere near $800)..

I think legitimately signed first edition copies of IT are rarer than you might think. David (at Betts) has it on his permanent store want list and has customers waiting. Virtually every one on eBay recently has been a forgery. I'll bet David could get $800-1,000 for a nice one.

Ric
05-24-2011, 07:29 AM
Personally i do prefer the letterd's cover and like the limited's least!

Funny, I am the exact opposite!

carlosdetweiller
05-24-2011, 07:34 AM
As someone mentioned in the other thread, it might have been nice to have one edition (probably the lettered edition) to have just the artwork on the dj with no lettering at all. I think I would have liked that very much.

mae
05-24-2011, 07:38 AM
I prefer the 1986 cover artwork :unsure:

Sir_Boomme
05-24-2011, 07:40 AM
while "IT" is arguably a much more established and welcomed book (a signed first goes for $800-1,000).

I think legitimately signed first edition copies of IT are rarer than you might think. David (at Betts) has it on his permanent store want list and has customers waiting. Virtually every one on eBay recently has been a forgery. I'll bet David could get $800-1,000 for a nice one.

It has always been one of my favorite King novels.... I mean, I named my collie "It"

and this has always been one of my favorite inscriptions I own... I think I bought this 1st from Hutch or Roy many years ago. It's signed to Kirby McCauley -Kings literary agent at the time.
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj13/sir_boomme/My%20Book%20Collection/sk2%20-%20US%201st%20Eds/C8b-Itsignaturepage-1.jpg

I am sure that this limited is absolutely going to become one of, if not my favorite Limiteds.

all I can say is... CD... get it right ( I know ya'll will)

Ric
05-24-2011, 07:41 AM
As someone mentioned in the other thread, it might have been nice to have one edition (probably the lettered edition) to have just the artwork on the dj with no lettering at all. I think I would have liked that very much.

That was me. I think the lettered edition should showcase the cover art. They did that for FDNS and i thought it worked really well. It's not like anyone who is forking over $2k for a book doesn't know what they're buying! :)

Cook
05-24-2011, 07:45 AM
I like the "IT" in the numbered, would definitely like the 25th anniversary to not be present.
But hey, what can ya say.... I bought one anyway!

WeDealInLead
05-24-2011, 07:48 AM
25th anniversary could go on the spine. I mean clearly none of the lettering bugged me enough to not buy the book but it's not exactly great either.

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 07:52 AM
Given the production values of the Lettered, it will probably be better to display it without the dustjacket anyways.

Bev Vincent
05-24-2011, 08:04 AM
This is my favorite copy of IT. However the new limited comes a close second!

http://www.bevvincent.com/images/it.jpg

Rahfa
05-24-2011, 08:13 AM

I guess you're right...it is one of his most famous novels. I keep forgetting that even though it wasn't one of my top favorities, it was his big 1980s superstar novel...

But this one looks okay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/IT-NOVEL-1986-STEPHEN-KING-SIGNED-First-Edition-/120552869508?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item1c1182ce84

Am I missing something?

Sir_Boomme
05-24-2011, 08:21 AM

I guess you're right...it is one of his most famous novels. I keep forgetting that even though it wasn't one of my top favorities, it was his big 1980s superstar novel...

But this one looks okay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/IT-NOVEL-1986-STEPHEN-KING-SIGNED-First-Edition-/120552869508?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item1c1182ce84

Am I missing something?

yeah... you missed this:
First edition, sixth printing

not what most collectors would consider a first ed.

jhanic
05-24-2011, 08:21 AM
The "g" in King looks suspicious. Not that it couldn't be genuine, but it just doesn't look quite right.

John

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 08:23 AM

But this one looks okay:

Am I missing something?

I think the signature looks fine. On its own you might be a little suspicious, but in the context of the incription I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Although it is a first edition, like Boomme said, it's also a 6th printing... I don't like inscribed copies unless they're incribed to someone associated with King, but even if I bought one inscribed to someone else, I'd definitely want a first edition, first printing.

Rahfa
05-24-2011, 08:34 AM

But this one looks okay:

Am I missing something?

yeah... you missed this:
First edition, sixth printing

not what most collectors would consider a first ed.

Haha...I knew something wasn't right...but couldn't figure out what. Signature was fine.

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 08:37 AM
So how close is the Limited to being sold out?

Brian James Freeman
05-24-2011, 09:02 AM

20 or so more copies to go... Preparing to send a note to our big mailing list in a moment!

Brian

Lenny
05-24-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm still fighting heart palpitations waiting on my conformation email and someone to hold my hand and tell me everything is ok I am getting the book. :panic::beat:

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 09:28 AM

20 or so more copies to go... Preparing to send a note to our big mailing list in a moment!

Brian

Oh wow. I think this one definitely would have sold out within a few hours yesterday had you guys not had the website issues. Still, the site's been up and running for well over 17 hours now, from Monday night through Tuesday afternoon. While I know everyone was frustrated by the problems, at least the book's been freely available for some time now so no one can claim that they didn't have an opportunity to get one.

Mr. Ink
05-24-2011, 09:30 AM
I had a confirmation for a lettered and card was charged, but then got an e-mail today saying they oversold by 2! So my lettered was cancelled. :arg:

Lenny
05-24-2011, 09:39 AM
I had a confirmation for a lettered and card was charged, but then got an e-mail today saying they oversold by 2! So my lettered was cancelled. :arg:

Ouch!
Thats kind of what has me worried. My bank paid the money yesterday right after I sent my order in but the site crashed at the same time and now they are having trouble finding my order. Luckely I have been in constant contact with Brian, Mindy and Dan and they have assured me everything will be fine. Still in panic mode until I have my confirmation email to go along with my empty bank account.

jemaher
05-24-2011, 09:42 AM
I never even ordered because i assumed that it sold out .... perhaps i will pick one up on the secondary market

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 09:44 AM
I never even ordered because i assumed that it sold out .... perhaps i will pick one up on the secondary market

Brian says there's 20 left. There's still time to grab a Limited before it sells out and avoid having to pay secondary market markup prices.

BigCoffinHunter
05-24-2011, 09:51 AM
I can't remember if someone asked on here or one of the other boards, but King's site has high-definition images of the cover artwork available for anyone who wants to use it as a desktop background or screen saver:

http://www.stephenking.com/promo/IT_25th/

Lenny
05-24-2011, 09:58 AM
:excited::dance::excited::dance::excited::dance::e xcited::dance::excited:

WOOHOO I GOT MY CONFIRMATION EMAIL TO GO ALONG WITH MY EMPTY BANK ACCOUNT.
My very first signed/limited edition Stephen King book will be my favorite Stephen King book.

Thank you Brian and Dan and Mindy and Kate for working on getting this straightened out since yesterday.

WOOHOO!!!!